NATION

PASSWORD

Great Regional War: Peace Talks [CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:16 pm

Name: Simon Maksim
Nation: Arengin Union
Occupation: Minister of Foreign Affairs, former military Major.

Maksim had been largely silent during the session. Preferring to eye all international representatives, take into account their demeanor and mannerism, how they spoke, how they defended their respective nation's. It was a tense moment indeed, Maksim knew he didn't need to speak much, the Carinian president, in his show of friendship and good nature to Arengin as an ally had been able to form an agreement with Bearstin that Maksim found on acceptable foundations. The scummy Aydiniran delegation that dared to contend the rightful charges of their enslavement of citizens of the Union.

"As representative of his Majesty, King Dimitri, and in a show of good faith, I find the given territories to be a sufficient consolation. As long as Bearstin keeps its promise of a reduction in their military. Mister President." Maksim finished his address to both the Carinian president and the Bero empress.

He then turned his attention to the fellow foreign affairs minister from Aydinir. "Mister Shanrhainhaīr, don't try to insult our intelligence. It is well known that your nation, has enslaved thousands of Arenginian citizens, whether they be criminals in your eyes is irrelevant, they are our people and we will not stand by as you dare to keep them from going back home. Arengin may have been left in a state of disarray when your forces where pushed back the Urus rivers, but our military is strong and so is our people and we will not hesitate to continue the fight if you leave us no choice. His majesty King Dimitri, already ordered the release of thousands of Aydiniran prisoners when an accord has been settled. We have no mistreat them and they have been given proper care, we expect the same from your government, though that may be just mere wishful thinking. I reiterate, give back our people, the riches you've stolen, and settle with peace once and for all. We don't want any more war, but we will fight if we must." Maksim's tone of deliverance was impeccable and through the point, no stutter in his words and conviction in his attitude. He would not bow to the Aydinirans, no Arenginian would.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Shahinay
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shahinay » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:12 am

Xiryariyus looked right into the eyes of his opponents as they spoke, first on Innoki's, as he threatened the Empire with veiled words and supercilious tone. Then into Maksim's, as he did the same, this time openly and bluntly. As none of them broke eye contact, silent battle raged within the hall of peace, interrupted only for a moment by Empress Black. Xiryariyus tilted his head slightly as on his stony face mocking half-smile appeared.

- It is one thing to be aware of the statements made, Shārios Innoki, but another entirely to actually believe them. And no, they were and still are criminals, which comitted their crimes on Aydinirian territory, and so they shall repent their crimes according to our laws.

Then he turned to Simon Maksim, before Innoki could start his reply.
- As before, you present no proofs for your accusations, but empty words. Of course it it well known by the Allies, as those rumors were inflated by Arenginian propaganda to the absurd, mixed with half-truths and blatant lies. As I said, we as well are able to continue fighting, so such prospect makes no impression on The Divine Empress (long may She reign!). And as I said, Aydinir will not give a single Adrash to anybody in exchange for peace. But at this point we all agree, further conflict is not truly desired by any side. So, I have another proposition. There were incidents of vandalism and barbaric destrution, comitted by Arenginian soldiers and guerrillas on ancient monuments and ruins of Old Aydinir on Arenginian land, including Ruins of Djyazhoar, which for Aydinirian People are holy site. And as you, Shārios Maksim, value Arenginian lifes, so do I value Aydinirian history and heritage. Empire can agree to gradually release taken prisoners, in exchange for making Duins of Djyazjoar Aydinirian exclave and the Arenginian government's commitment and promise to full protection of all Aydinirian momuments in your territory.

OOC: Xiryariyus would look like King Miraz from Narnia. And what he has in mind for the Ruins of Djyazhoar is the Tomb of Suleyman Shah scenario.
Last edited by Shahinay on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Mon May 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Nevers looked to Simon Maksim, the Arenginian delegate, then to Xiryariyus. "Well, although I have no say in this discussion, I would like to ask you, er, Yido Xiryariyus, what would you do if men of your own nation committed acts against the law in Arengin? I'll suspect you'd say yes to this, but if otherwise, do elaborate further on that."
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

Previous

Return to International Incidents