NATION

PASSWORD

Great Regional War: Peace Talks [CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kaitani
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Great Regional War: Peace Talks [CLOSED]

Postby Kaitani » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:50 pm

OOC:
Let's be civil human beings and name our diplomats first
Code: Select all
Name:
Nation:
Occupation (Ambassador, leader, etc):

IC:
It is January of 1948, and finally, seven years of brutal fighting in Achara have come to a close. The end began in 1943, with the assassination of Bearstinian Emporer Black by mercenaries hired by the Eastern Alliance, which eventually lead new Bearstinian Empress Aayala Black to have a ceasefire with the Allies. Later was a coup in Afrikaanza followed by growing trouble in the Eastern Front, as Afrikaanza was being pushed out of Kaitani and confronted by Allied navies consisting of fleets from Immobilia, Kaitani, and Rannoria, which forced Afrikaanza out of the war in February of 1945. In 1947, growing resistance in the Arengin Union forced Aydinirian troops back to the border, a stalemate ensuing for several months, and Ruskland's geography made it extremely hard to invade, that along with the nation's defensive nature meant that most fighting was in the air over Ruskland for years. Eventually, war became less and less worth it on the Western Front, and now nations from both sides are willing to negotiate for a final agreement to end the war.

In Tintentia, the capital of Immobilia, leaders and representatives from all nations in the war come together and work for an end to the war, and hope, that this meeting will turn out well for their nation.
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES
This is Kaitani, don't forget about your potato farm

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:37 am

Name: Markue Lennoi
Nation: Ruskland-Preuben
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Bearstin
Envoy

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Bearstin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:57 am

Name: Aayla Black
Nation: Bearstinian Empire
This is Bearstin, remember to always tie your shoes backwards!

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." -Qui-Gon Jinn

Shahinay
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shahinay » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:14 am

Name: Xiryariyus Shanrhainhaīr Shéwąnārenhaīr Khomatarxaren
Nation: Second Aydinirian Empire
Occupation: Imperial Minister of Foreign Affairs, head of the Great House of Khomatarxaren

Kaitani
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaitani » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Name: Hesto Innoki
Nation: Kaitani/Carinia

The Sovereign Kingdom of Immobilia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Sovereign Kingdom of Immobilia » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am

Name: The Right Hon. John Sutler II, Duke of Greater Tintentia
Nation: Immobilia
Proud Founder of the Federation_of_Allies

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 am

Name: Nevers Urander
Nation: Rannoria
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:31 pm

Name: Albert Rosevelt
Nation: Traansval
Occupation (Ambassador, leader, etc): Minister of Foreign Diplomacy, acting as a observer and neutral party/mediator

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:41 pm

Name: Johann Von Ribbentrop
Nation: Warglorian Reich
Occupation (Ambassador, leader, etc): Reichsminister of Foreign Affairs
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Kaitani
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaitani » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Call To Order
A neutral organizer, Jacob Moore, his purpose being the one to keep the meeting in order, stands up to initiate the talks, “After a long and very bloody war, which lasted for 7 years, we hope, as leaders and officials of our nations, to assemble for peace in the city of Tintentia. With the expansions of imperial powers, the territorial lines are messy because of the war due to invasions and such. Let us begin regarding territory to settle that situation.

OOC sorry I suck at this stuff help
Last edited by Kaitani on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:35 pm

The End of a Great War
"Alright then, let's carry on." Started Grand Nevers Urander, "Not only has there been much destruction in this region, but there has also been some political changes as well, with the Afrikaanzan coup and the change in leadership in Bearstin. On another note, Rannoria has been through many things to get through this war. Although Rannoria and its allies have come on top, it has not come without sacrifice. Kaitani has suffered many great losses, along with Cruxa, Arengin, and us. For a first, I believe that the Imperialist powers should be held accountable for their actions, and should split costs to repay for war reparations. Any objections?"
Last edited by Rannoria on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bearstin
Envoy

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Bearstin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 am

A sigh of disproval was heard from the Bearstinian delegates. “To be fair, the Carinians struck first and we retaliated. And furthermore, our economy has been on a down spiral since the end of the war. These reparations could cripple our economy and keep us weak. Who is to say the roles won’t reverse and you won’t take advantage of a weak Bearstin?” The Empress questioned.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:52 am

Markue Lennoi

He sighed and shook his head, these Rannorians truly have poor form, he started speaking, “Not to mention, why should we Ruskland-Preubenr pay you anything?” He stated to the Rannorian representative, “After all, you only did superficial damage to us, and never took an inch of territory from us.” He took a deep breath as he readjusted his eyewear, “What feat against us other than damage to our air force that can be replaced can you claim,” he spoke with intensity, “That’ll give us an incentive to pay reparations?”
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:32 am

Grand Nevers spoke back, addressing the Rusklandr first. "You aren't wrong, so in turn, you're the exception. But the other nations on your alliance must repay in some way." He turned towards the Bearstinian delegate, "And although you are correct, the reason as to why Rannoria joined the war in the first place is because of the potential that you could dominate the region. Even though your alliance extended their hand to have us join them at the time prior to joining the war, how could we guarantee that you'd hold your end of the bargain, and instead take Rannoria down with you? It is only a matter of trust, and unless you can find another way of payment, that would have to be the way it goes."
Last edited by Rannoria on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:55 am

Markue Lennoi

Interceding on behalf of the Bearstinian delegate, Markue began to speak once more, “If we were to use the end of the bargain statement here,” he began, a thoughtful expression forming on his face, “As well as the trust issue, we could simply force Bearstin to lower their military to harmless.” He then placed his hand on his chin, as if an idea just came in, “And the lessened military spending would allow Bearstin’s economy to recover,” he then showed a ghost of a smile, “You would then be able to tell them to give you reparations once they have fully recovered, everyone wins.”.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:51 am

"Hmm. Well, that would work. Gentlemen," Nevers turned towards his allies, "your opinions? Personally I have nothing wrong with the solution so far. It works for everyone, and ensures regional balance for the time being."

Shahinay
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Shahinay » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 am

Huge hall was filled with people, representatives from both sides of conflict. All were wispering as the representatives of Ruskland, Bearstin and Rannoria - Markue Lennoi, Empress Black and Grand Nevers respectively, were engaging in the first argument of this meeting. Allies were mostly nodding and making sounds of approval at Never's speech and shake their heads and buzz under their noses each time one of the Imperialists spoke. And vice versa. It seemed this peace talk will be long, and possibly resultless.

Aydinirians, were sitting proudly in their seats and their leader was Xiryariyus Shanrhainhaīr Shéwąnārenhaīr Khomatarxaren. Son of the Empire, faithful servant of the Divine Empress and full-blood Aydinirian aristocrate - Imperial Minister of Foreign Affairs and head of the Great House of Khomatarxaren. In his 50's and with white appearing on his black-as-night hears, he wore Ťārzul, type of very official and ceremonial Aydinirian attire. Stiff one-piece men's coat or tunic, reaching below the knees, with high collar and epaulette, not some newfangled, foreign suit. In fact, none of imperial diplomats wore anything foreign, only traditional Aydinirian ceremonial robes.

When Grand Never spoke about the Imperialists having to pay war reparations, Xiryariyus took a glass of water, paitently waiting for them to stop. Then, when they stopped for a moment, Xiryariyus stood and spoke up.
- With all due respect, Shārios* Nevers, I think we have to clarify one thing once and for all. Second Aydinirian Empire shall not pay a single Adrash, to nobody, under no condition. We are still able to continue fighting, although it is neither in your interest, nor ours. Allied forces were unable to break our defences, unable to break our spirit, to capture our forts in Urus Mountains or to cross Ar̄ea River. None of your soldiers managed to put feet on the Aydinirian land! And the only ones who managed to do that are surrounded on all sides, Arenginian troops have only ocean at their back. This war is pointless and further fighting will contribute to nothing more than economical and political instability, but do not try to impose any sanctions or reparations on us or our brothers-in-arms. You and the rest of Allies have no such power. You cannot force Aydinir to anything, thus the only sort of peace the Empire is willing to offer and accept is peace on the terms of status quo ante bellum. Return to the state of affairs from before the war.

* Aydinirian term of respect, used in general toward members of Aydinirian aristocracy and sometimes highborn foreigners and those of notable status. It could be translated as "brightlord" or "enlightened".
Last edited by Shahinay on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Kaitani
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaitani » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Innoki found his time to speak,”I have no objections for war reparations. While it was Carinia that created the first act of military in the war, it was the unchecked power of the Imperialists and their allies that brought us to this war, it was their declaration after all. They would become too powerful and threaten every nation in the continent if they were to continue.
“However, no one seems to be owning up to reparations. As they say no allied force set foot in their lands. While that is true, your nation’s were heavily damaged by our navies and air forces. That argument should not be used in terms of land changes.
“But, if no one wishes to pay for the damage that they caused, I have another plan. Mr. Lennoi brought up a good point. As I said earlier, it was the Imperialists’ unchecked power that caused this war, we should limit their abilities, regulate their armies, and have them indirectly repay us by allowing for Allied business in their lands.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Nevers noted Xiryariyus' words, and nodded at Innoki's as well. "Then so be it. Lennoi and Xiryariyus still hold a good point. It is unjust for them to pay war reparations. For Rannoria, this is okay, but what about our Arenginian allies? Maybe they would like a word in before we move on to next topics. I am completely for President Innoki's and Lennoi's plan for the reparations, though, as a restriction on the Afrikaanzan and Bearstinian army sizes gives them less chance to grow and expand. An indirect payment over time is also a good idea. Again, any more notes from anyone? If not, we can move on to the next part of our discussions."

Kaitani
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaitani » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:17 pm

“Arengin was plundered more than any nation in Achara during the war. They most certainly deserve some form of reimbursement for the destruction inflicted upon them during the war. Xiryarius, you say you will only accept the state of your empire before the war. I request, if you will not give land or money to Arengin, that you unconditionally return the slaves you have taken from Arengin. It is cruel to benefit off the fruits of labor of people I willingly taken from their proper land.
“If Bearstin cannot oat Arengin with reparations, maybe they can help Arengin get back on its feet by possibly giving the Union a portion of land to your east that was occupied by Arengin during the war, and housed a large Arenginian minority. Just a request
“Any other way we could help with their recovery?
“We also must see if imperial powers consent to this plan, Nevers, and to this one.”
Last edited by Kaitani on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bearstin
Envoy

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Bearstin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 am

Aayla Black was about to counter but the Aydinirian delegate spoke up and given their close relations, Aayla decided to let them finish and allow the other delegates to respond. She knew she could always rely on the Aydinirians which was ironic given their history together. The Aydinirians has benefitted greatly off this war and she chuckled at the worried faces of the Allied delegates when Aydinir pronounced they couldn’t be forced to do anything. “Going back to the point earlier, any attempt to regulate the amount of troops I have is an act against Bearstinian sovereignty. I will agree to cut my military spending by 20% for the next decade and the money cut from my military budget will go to reparations to the Carinians as that was the nation most of my attacks were against but i refuse to pay anyone else. “

Aayla knew that she wasn’t as popular as her father, and knew that some of the delegates here would probably try to play on that. The only reason she wasn’t tossed from her throne the second she surrendered to the Allies was because the nation was still in shock from her fathers death and she had the state newspapers publish this info on the back pages that barely anyone read. She wanted these negotiations to help mend her faults
Last edited by Bearstin on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rannoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:52 am

Nevers glanced at Innoki, "I'll let you handle this, then. In the meanwhile, someone must pay Rannoria back for the damage done to our country, not to mention the lives lost." The Nevers turned to the Afrikaanzan delegate, who had been silent this whole time. "Then I suppose the reparation damage for Rannoria falls under Afrikaanza, who, I hope, will take on the same method that Kaitani has proposed. Payments over time, and a lowering of military spending. Though there is one more thing that Rannoria requires." He paused for a moment to think this through for one last time. "Land."

Shahinay
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Shahinay » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:05 am

- Shārios Innoki, I don't know where you heard this story about slaves but please left that fake war propaganda behind the door. Neither you nor any of the Allies have presented any proof to support your claims, yet you still repeat those gossips. Don't embarrass yourself with unsubstantiated accusations made solely to smear and discredit the Empire, and if you really want to accuse, first find something more than empty words. - answered Xiryariyus with a stony face, yet a hint of annoyance present in his tone.

- Yes, that's true - some Arenginians have been deported and transported into Aydinir. Those were criminals, bandits and terrorists, law-breaking enemies of the Divine Empress, and were send to repent their sins and crimes with hard labour and sweat. You expect me to believe the saint Allies have no POW camps with Bero and Afrikaanzan prisoners? - he continued, looking at Kaitani's representative with raised eyebrow.
Last edited by Shahinay on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaitani
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaitani » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:40 pm

"No, we don't, Xiryariyus, we released them as part of the ceasefire terms when each of those nations pulled out of the war. I would expect you to be aware of such matters. However, judging by your tone, you don't wish to release them, you must do so, however. These are Arenginian citizens, and they shall be tried in Arenginian courts if they are the criminals under Arenginian law. They must be brought back to their home nations.
"And, Aayla, I am willing to accept your agreement if you wish not to limit your military. But there was a topic in my statement you seemed to have disregarded. There is a large population of Arenginians in your land, that the Arenginians have occupied during the war." Innoki introduces the following map
"Maybe as another form of reparation for the unjust invasion of Arengin, the following land can be given to the Arengin Union, highlighted in lavender. No worries, Aayla, the land outlined in bright yellow could also be given to Bearstin as a form of compensation, these areas are filled with ethnic Bero anyway, and both gains can better support your nations.

Bearstin
Envoy

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Bearstin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Empress Black surprisingly was not opposed to the idea. Those regions that Innoki has outlined were constantly rising up and rebelling. The only reason they kept those lands was because the Ruling Family of Cardinalo wanted them and god knows how annoying Cardinalo can be to the monarchy.

“Those are acceptable terms Hesto, and I accept these terms only because we are granted Ethincally Bero lands.”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents