NATION

PASSWORD

MindWalker Civil-War (MT, OOC, Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Wed May 16, 2018 5:45 pm

The 50 megaton Tsar Bomba was so powerful, it was felt hundreds upon hundreds of miles where it went off. Anything else could easily take out way more than the country you are aiming for.

Hell, it might crack the planet if it gets much more powerful, or cause a bunch of earthquakes.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

""Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening""

This is also my NPC account.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Sat May 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Vadia wrote:The 50 megaton Tsar Bomba was so powerful, it was felt hundreds upon hundreds of miles where it went off. Anything else could easily take out way more than the country you are aiming for.

Hell, it might crack the planet if it gets much more powerful, or cause a bunch of earthquakes.

Apparently there was one eruption that reached that level of magnitude in recent history and it ended up causing a Volcanic winter globally.

And the first army's cover is an Aerospace industry with a major space program so Nod does in fact have quite a big network of spy satellites... listed as belonging to other nations.... if not stolen from nations that vanished.

Bold move trying to go after them, though Nod does have some space weapons as well but do they want to use them for this is unlikely.
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Sun May 20, 2018 1:19 pm

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:And the first army's cover is an Aerospace industry with a major space program so Nod does in fact have quite a big network of spy satellites... listed as belonging to other nations.... if not stolen from nations that vanished.

Bold move trying to go after them, though Nod does have some space weapons as well but do they want to use them for this is unlikely.

Ah gotcha, I suppose intelligence would be working hard on figuring out what's what sattelite wise. And yeah it's a fairly big play I suppose. The EE basically uses LORAN for GPS & encrypted communication so they usually try to quickly take out the eyes in the sky in a hostile environment to make it more difficult to locate & target friendlies.
Democratically elected capitalist government managed by Imperial Council of Emperor and his 12 Department Leaders. An Imperial Senate acts as oversight, ratifies Council laws, and approves Council actions. State funded corporation Evco Inc. ensures business competition and jobs. Education is provided free by the government for productivity. Laws are loose with criminal punishments carried out via community service or all the way to lifetime hard labor instead of death. Strong Military in all branches. Hosts the National Coalition of Defense and Economy (NatCoDE); defense and economic pact for members who maintain the NatCoDE Charter’s standards.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Wed May 23, 2018 12:51 am

Hmmm August had enough time?
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Wed May 23, 2018 9:57 pm

Vadia wrote:Hmmm August had enough time?

I assume if he isn't posting he's just continuing to work with my forces, speaking of might just want to mark everything west of the N on the map as Nod territory now.
Also is there an update for Rhodokan's forces, has the Kaiser started acting against him?
Last edited by The Black Hand of Nod on Wed May 23, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|We are the Black Hand, we are the upraised fist, our reach long, our power great, and our judgment swift.|

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Thu May 24, 2018 5:05 pm

I made two updates on that, Kaiser is still getting together enough forces to push him back into the ocean. It seems I have to post soon, unless we got another person who hasn't posted yet.

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Sat May 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Nation Name: The Republic of Cruxa
Government Type: Republic
National Leader(s): Connor Mendel, President
Economy Type: Capitalist
Religion Type: Secular
Racial Type: Neither
Link to Military Factbook or something Similiar: Favctbooks are in my profile
Caliber used on Service Rifle: This is in my factbook, honestly don't remember.
Approx Population 1.3 million
Understanding of Military Weapons or Tactics out of Five Stars? 5 stars.
Military Service Branches: Cruxan National Army, Cruxan National Navy, Cruxan National Air Force
Reason For Involvement: Supporting the Kaiser and defending the country
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Cruxa wrote:Nation Name: The Republic of Cruxa
Military Service Branches: Cruxan National Army, Cruxan National Navy, Cruxan National Air Force

Accepted

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Mon May 28, 2018 8:05 am

Vadia wrote:
Cruxa wrote:Nation Name: The Republic of Cruxa

Accepted

Is there an IC yet?
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.

Reorganisieren Reichregierung
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Reorganisieren Reichregierung » Mon May 28, 2018 9:01 am

Cruxa wrote:
Vadia wrote:
Accepted

Is there an IC yet?

Yes.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=438309
GROSSGERMANISCHES REICH DEUTSCHEN NATION
Canons: Kali Yuga | TSC
Overview | Government | Military | Economy

Generic Reich LARP nation #557753245. Call me "Reich", "RR" or by nation name only if OOC.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:25 am

I should have a post sometime tomorrow

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:54 am

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:I should have a post sometime tomorrow

Me too.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Sweet.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:07 am

So Nod I'm kinda curious the details on those rod from the gods sattelites. I was doing some math and calculated the kinetic energy of an object weighing 100,000 pounds (the projected payload capacity of he strongest leo lifter rocket falcon heavy) at Mach 10 to be about 60 tons of tnt. For reference the MOAB is 11 tons of tnt and the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima was 15,000 tons of tnt. The problem is it's expected to cost 90 million to launch the falcon heavy and that's assuming it's entire payload is used as the penetrator, but in order for it to exit orbit it must have some form of control and kill off it's low Earth orbital velocity with rocket thrust (decreasing payload weight) and descend on it's target, probably with very little accuracy and much time delay. A more effective device may just be strapping the tungsten rod onto an icbm 5 times bigger than the best in the world and sending it on a ballistic path directly so that it reaches it's target in less time and more efficiently with more precision.
Last edited by The Evan Empire on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Democratically elected capitalist government managed by Imperial Council of Emperor and his 12 Department Leaders. An Imperial Senate acts as oversight, ratifies Council laws, and approves Council actions. State funded corporation Evco Inc. ensures business competition and jobs. Education is provided free by the government for productivity. Laws are loose with criminal punishments carried out via community service or all the way to lifetime hard labor instead of death. Strong Military in all branches. Hosts the National Coalition of Defense and Economy (NatCoDE); defense and economic pact for members who maintain the NatCoDE Charter’s standards.

The Black Hand of Nod
Chargé d'Affaires

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Black Hand of Nod » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Nod's aren't that big, they're more on the range of the theoretical project Thor which was estimated in modern times to only have yield of around 11.5 tons of TNT.

The Black Hand has a heavily Subsidized space program that's been in operation for over a decade, it's a major jobs program for them so in some cases money is no object, if Nod has enough resources to put so many satellites up in the air that losing one or two is seen as no big deal, it's just as reasonable to expect that while Nod is up there tossing satellites around they can drop a handful of tungsten rods nearby.

The problem with the more effective ICBM is the ICBM needs a launch platform and that launch platform can be traced and targeted with retaliatory strikes. You can't nuke space. Well you can but you'll likely piss off a lot of people doing so.

Anyway it's not something your nation is likely to worry about because Nod's not going to commit to using an orbital strike on a civil war unless they're truly threatened, I've maybe used it once in RP and that was against a Golgoth nation, so that's the level of seriousness Nod would have to go before pulling something like that out.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:21 pm

The Black Hand of Nod wrote:Nod's aren't that big, they're more on the range of the theoretical project Thor which was estimated in modern times to only have yield of around 11.5 tons of TNT.

The Black Hand has a heavily Subsidized space program that's been in operation for over a decade, it's a major jobs program for them so in some cases money is no object, if Nod has enough resources to put so many satellites up in the air that losing one or two is seen as no big deal, it's just as reasonable to expect that while Nod is up there tossing satellites around they can drop a handful of tungsten rods nearby.

The problem with the more effective ICBM is the ICBM needs a launch platform and that launch platform can be traced and targeted with retaliatory strikes. You can't nuke space. Well you can but you'll likely piss off a lot of people doing so.

Anyway it's not something your nation is likely to worry about because Nod's not going to commit to using an orbital strike on a civil war unless they're truly threatened, I've maybe used it once in RP and that was against a Golgoth nation, so that's the level of seriousness Nod would have to go before pulling something like that out.

Ah gotcha, I guess there's some value to having some moab-esque weapons in orbit although probably pretty pricey. The EE kinda avoids space altogether from a military standpoint seeing it as a risk, most anything in space is easily interceptable and easy to track. Although it is useful, the EE fears it so much because it can complete the detection component of the "kill chain". Next a track needs to be established and some form of ordinance launched using the tracking data to reach it's target. For example the where abouts of friendly naval groups could be found using a couple of sattelites, and from there aircraft can be sent to the area, find the fleet, and acquire a track. Given enough tracking time an anti-surface vessel ballistic missile can be launched and potentially destroy large ships if they aren't intercepted somewhere in their course. Alternatively an enemy fleet may have a better idea of where a friendly fleet is using sattelites

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:24 am

I just found out Kafka isn't a word I made up, it's a word I heard and somehow ended up using again without realizing it wasn't a word I made up.

Free States of Agnosicstan
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Free States of Agnosicstan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:01 am

Nation Name: The National Tsardom of Agnosicstan
Government Type: Monarchy
National Leader(s):Tsarina Sophia Rumonsk and Avtokrat Aliza Dhzenkin
Economy Type: Mixed
Religion Type: Orthodoxy
Racial Type: Anglo-Slavic
Link to Military Factbook: The Chernaya Armiya (Black Army)
Caliber used on Service Rifle: 7.62x39mm
Approx Population: Approx. 51 Million
Understanding of Military Weapons or Tactics out of Five Stars?: 3
Military Service Branches: Chernaya Armiya (1st Infantry Core, 2nd, 6th, 4th and 9th Battalions and the 2nd Infantry Core, 1st, 5th, 7th and 10th Battalions), AAF
Reason For Involvement: Officially; Neutral Peacekeeping. Unofficially; Support of Ethnic Russians and the Orthodox Faith

I must warn you all that though I am experienced with RP, my experience with NS Forum RP is much more lacking.
God Save Tsarina! God Save Avrokrat! Long live Agnosicstan, land of Plenty!

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:28 am

Free States of Agnosicstan wrote:Nation Name: The National Tsardom of Agnosicstan
Military Service Branches: Chernaya Armiya (1st Infantry Core, 2nd, 6th, 4th and 9th Battalions and the 2nd Infantry Core, 1st, 5th, 7th and 10th Battalions), AAF
Reason For Involvement: Officially; Neutral Peacekeeping. Unofficially; Support of Ethnic Russians and the Orthodox Faith

I must warn you all that though I am experienced with RP, my experience with NS Forum RP is much more lacking.

Approved.

Free States of Agnosicstan
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Free States of Agnosicstan » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:01 am

Vadia wrote:
Free States of Agnosicstan wrote:Nation Name: The National Tsardom of Agnosicstan

Approved.

Great, thanks. What does the latest map look like?
God Save Tsarina! God Save Avrokrat! Long live Agnosicstan, land of Plenty!

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:41 am

Nobody post until South Caleblan deletes his unapproved one liner post

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:41 pm

The Evan Empire wrote:Nobody post until South Caleblan deletes his unapproved one liner post

I had it fixed.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:17 am

Kewl beans, hope to have a post coming up soon.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm considering putting up the post I am writing after Reich makes a move, but I think they maybe dropped out.

Free States of Agnosicstan wrote:
Vadia wrote:
Approved.

Great, thanks. What does the latest map look like?

Old map with a guide is here.

New map is on front page of OOC or in my every other post.
Last edited by Vadia on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Hey Vadia where do those sattelites come from? Like what's the details there

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents