NATION

PASSWORD

1870-1940 Era War: Clean Slate(Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Free Don can you please make me a drawing of my cavalry company. I tell you what's in there, and you draw it

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Don » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:20 pm

Strala wrote:Free Don can you please make me a drawing of my cavalry company. I tell you what's in there, and you draw it

I'll do it for you for 10,400 Korean-Bucks for this small pixel style or a bigg and thicc version for 22,300 Korean-buckaroonis.
Alternatively I can teach you and give you reasources for free.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Free-Don wrote:
Strala wrote:Free Don can you please make me a drawing of my cavalry company. I tell you what's in there, and you draw it

I'll do it for you for 10,400 Korean-Bucks for this small pixel style or a bigg and thicc version for 22,300 Korean-buckaroonis.
Alternatively I can teach you and give you reasources for free.

Can you teach me

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Don » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Strala wrote:Can you teach me

dats my boi

https://www.getpaint.net/

This is a free and simple paint program. Think of it as a basic upgrade for window paint but with the ability to layer and is much easier to use than photoshop or any other program.

http://www.juniorgeneral.org/

This link will give you access to a lot of user made stuff of varying quality but for the most part it's all pretty good. As the style was meant for a sort of board game structure the types of models and things you can build off from is large.

Now for actual drawing:
1. To start off I recommend downloading one you like and then, using a separate layer/tab (this will be referred to as 'the main' for now), trace over the models with the pencil tool and then modifying the form, structure, and stance from there. But at this stage don't add weapons or gear.

2. Test a few colors and try to diminish the saturation with more gray or brown as they are softer on the eyes. You can the fill the figure you made with the fill tool this way you have a basic idea of how your figure will look as a solid outline. Copy and paste about 5 of these spaced out in a line.

3 (A). Add separate layer/tab and start drawing a weapon and that matches the pose and how the weapon might be held.

3 (B). Add a separate layer/tab with gear such as a hats, helmets, and pouches over a different figure.

4. Copy and paste the ideas from the weapon and the gear onto one figure in 'the main' figure layer/tab. Then copy and past this figure 5 more times.

5. From here you can repeat this procedure for different weapons and gear per figure.

Structure and set up will depend on the individual nation, the unit, and doctrine of the time period.
Last edited by Free-Don on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Free-Don wrote:

dats my boi

This is a free and simple paint program. Think of it as a basic upgrade for window paint but with the ability to layer and is much easier to use than photoshop or any other program.

This link will give you access to a lot of user made stuff of varying quality but for the most part it's all pretty good. As the style was meant for a sort of board game structure the types of models and things you can build off from is large.

Now for actual drawing:
1. To start off I recommend downloading one you like and then, using a separate layer/tab (this will be referred to as 'the main' for now), trace over the models with the pencil tool and then modifying the form, structure, and stance from there. But at this stage don't add weapons or gear.

2. Test a few colors and try to diminish the saturation with more gray or brown as they are softer on the eyes. You can the fill the figure you made with the fill tool this way you have a basic idea of how your figure will look as a solid outline. Copy and paste about 5 of these spaced out in a line.

3 (A). Add separate layer/tab and start drawing a weapon and that matches the pose and how the weapon might be held.

3 (B). Add a separate layer/tab with gear such as a hats, helmets, and pouches over a different figure.

4. Copy and paste the ideas from the weapon and the gear onto one figure in 'the main' figure layer/tab. Then copy and past this figure 5 more times.

5. From here you can repeat this procedure for different weapons and gear per figure.

Thank you

Kikonos
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kikonos » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Free-Don wrote:

dats my boi

Now for actual drawing:

Structure and set up will depend on the individual nation, the unit, and doctrine of the time period.

I don't want to steal your idea, but do you mind if I use this as well?

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Don » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:24 pm

It's just an idea. Change it, take it, learn from it, and be on your merry way. As long as you draw your own stuff and improve it's all in good nature and fun so have at it.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Free-Don wrote:It's just an idea. Change it, take it, learn from it, and be on your merry way. As long as you draw your own stuff and improve it's all in good nature and fun so have at it.

I am have finished my cavalry and infantry. I'm going to work on the cannon and other devices

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Kikonos wrote:APPLICATION FOR 1870-1940 RP:
Generic Info about your Nation
Nation Name: Democratic Republic of Kikonos
Nation Territory: Segartya, possibly Ronastre or West Yemen
National History(2 to As Many As You Can): The settlement of Kikonos began around 8000 BC. There is evidence of primitive wooden walls and massive burial sites, implying that violent conflicts between rival villages were occurring at that time. By 900 BC, the north of Kikonos was exclusively controlled by the kingdoms of Henchotichlinato, Gordunno, and Bobarolt. The south remained segmented. In 574 BC, the king of the Bobarolt signed a peace treaty with the kingdom of Henchotichlinato, then suddenly invaded, easily taking control of all Henchotichlinato territory. The Gordunno immediately saw the danger posed by the Bobarolt, and marched into their territory while they were invading the Henchotichlinato. When they were triumphantly marching back into their territory, the Bobarolt were taken by surprise and were forced to hand over control of all Bobaroltan territory to the Gordunno. King Kikoquaqan of the Gordunno then proceeded to easily take over all of southern Kikonos, founding the Kikonosian Empire.

The years following the unification of Kikonos became known as the Golden Age of Kikonos. The Kikonosian Empire became a massive trading power and the arts flourished. In 1067 AD, however, the Kingdom of Tologana fought a bloody war with the Kikonesian Empire which lasted 23 years. Eventually, the Tologanese prevailed. Kikonos remained under Tologanese control for the remainder of its history as a monarchy. In 1592, King Lamendos sought to establish the province of Kikonos as the main base of military operations. A great port housing thousands of modern battleships was built, and all military conquests were launched from Kikonos.

In 1851, the peasants and working class of Kikonos, outraged by the multiple political and civil abuses conducted by King Garnan IV rebelled. Led by Velnam Narkam, the army of workers and peasants wanted to see solid democracy established. In February, they constructed headquarters in the middle of the Great Kikonesian Rainforest. They then launched a massive recruitment program, travelling to several poor villages and gathering support. By April, they were ready to start launching attacks, and took over the Nemroc Mountain Range in the Southeast of the country. They continued to conduct their rebellion using guerilla tactics. By 1853, the Tologanese military in Kikonos had been overrun, and the rebels took control of the capital city. Velnam Narkam then declared Kikonos an independent country and held elections immediately. In 1854, the Communist Party of Kikonos under Velnam Narkam was voted into office. Narkam abolished all private corporations, redistributed land, and gave the people prolific civil and political rights. Kikonos was finally ruled by a fair democratic government.

Lemme give you some stats
Economy(1-3): 1 to 1.5 ish. Due to all the turmoil it has endured, the Kikonosian economy has been greatly destroyed, however it is rapidly improving. The most significant industries in Kikonos include book publishing, information technology, and tourism.
Defensive Military(1-3)(your defenses): 2. The Kikonosian Defence Forces are extremely well trained and loyal. Many of their arms are of American and European origin including the Gatling Gun, Henry Repeating Rifle, Colt Army Model 1860, Colt M1861 Navy, and Burnside carbine.
Offensive Military(1-3)(army, navy, air balloon force): 2. The Kikonesian Army is as mentioned above. The navy consists of steel armoured battleships with many 12 inch guns. In 1915, Kikonos also adopted British airplanes. The airforce is not considered as important as the army or navy.
Technology(1-3): 3. Kikonos is known for its techonolical innovation. It's technology always adapts to the changing times, and several smaller countries use Kikonosian technology.
Reputation(1-3)(aka infamy):1. Kikonos is a friendly country which is always welcome to foreigners. It always tries to avoid war and violent conflict as much as possible.

Numbers and how much
Army(Active): 20,000
Army(Reserve): 35,000
Navy(Active): 15,000
Navy(Reserve):7,000
Air(Active): 2,000
Air(Reserve): 500

This is my first roleplay, and I can't wait to start.

Accepted, gogogo!
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:00 am

Map has been updated!
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Kikonos
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kikonos » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:00 am

I am not going to be very active from Tuesday to Saturday. Just though I would warn you. I'll try my best to post though

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Kikonos wrote:I am not going to be very active from Tuesday to Saturday. Just though I would warn you. I'll try my best to post though

Thanks for the heads up.

Streuburg
Attaché

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Streuburg » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Btw, I'm thinking of my invasion going to crap (it's flawed in ways I don't want to tell you guys yet), and the people being pretty fed up with the monarchy. A guy (maybe a colonel, maybe a MP, don't know yet) would rise to be the star of the revolution, and bring the monarchy to its knees. After that, maybe ww1 could be like Commies vs Empires
Puppet of Hashkin

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:31 am

Bumping this up!

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:01 am

Ahh, the Bump, the most fascinating thing in Nationstates. BUMP
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:52 pm

I posted

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Strala wrote:I posted

Post up against that post

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Northern Poland wrote:
Strala wrote:I posted

Post up against that post

who do you think should win this war me or you
*edit* The war has started
Last edited by Strala on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 pm

OH THE SUSPENSE!
Anyway, posting soonish.

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Don » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:05 am

Free-Don wrote:-click the wrote-

My thing is now updated with a infantry company. I will be rping with a naval detachment later so I may draw or write something for it later.
Last edited by Free-Don on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:57 am

Strala wrote:
Northern Poland wrote:Post up against that post

who do you think should win this war me or you

IDK

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Northern Poland wrote:
Strala wrote:who do you think should win this war me or you

IDK

I think I should considering currently I have a more professional army than you and also if we can turn most of the east communist than ww1 and ww2 could be the west (non-communists) vs the east (communist).

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Strala wrote:
Northern Poland wrote:IDK

I think I should considering currently I have a more professional army than you and also if we can turn most of the east communist than ww1 and ww2 could be the west (non-communists) vs the east (communist).

Well, i think that i could win just by drawing the war out, i could put some soldiers on a small island that could last for months, and i could use guerilla warfare, combined with Mountain fighting, plus my Army isn't that bad, come on Hussars would rip you open with their sabers.

Strala
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Northern Poland wrote:
Strala wrote:I think I should considering currently I have a more professional army than you and also if we can turn most of the east communist than ww1 and ww2 could be the west (non-communists) vs the east (communist).

Well, i think that i could win just by drawing the war out, i could put some soldiers on a small island that could last for months, and i could use guerilla warfare, combined with Mountain fighting, plus my Army isn't that bad, come on Hussars would rip you open with their sabers.

and I have my own hussars plus my airships could bomb your troops and who says your the only people that know guerilla attacks and mountain fighting, also I can slowly starve your nation out with a blockade

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:56 pm

tag mate
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents