NATION

PASSWORD

Wars of Light - Part One [PT] [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
United States of Conner
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Wars of Light - Part One [PT] [Closed]

Postby United States of Conner » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Hyperion, Luxian Empire

As with every morning, Lucas Smith rose with the sun.

He stepped out of bed, taking a moment to glance out of the window where the first rays of sunlight were dancing across the skyline of the Luxian capital, before walking slowly to the bathroom. He continued in his morning routine by opening a small panel in the wall, out of which rushed water, drawn from the river running by his home and heated and purified before entering his tub. He bathed himself quickly, trimmed his beard, smoothed out his hair, and dried and dressed himself.

He then walked downstairs, where his two … attachés were waiting for him. Luxian soldiers by the name of Coleson and Morris sat at the table, deep in discussion with his housemate, Christopher Johnson. He caught a bit of their conversation - philosophical in nature, not some immediately pressing matter. He nodded to the two soldiers, who apologized to Johnson. Johnson promised to resume the conversation at a later time and then turned to his housemate.

“Normal day today, then, Lucas?”

“I believe so, Chris. Should be home at the usual time.”

Johnson nodded and returned to his meal. Meanwhile, Lucas Smith, member of the Luxian Assembly, made something to eat on his walk and left, one soldier leading him out and the other closing the door behind him.

As they walked the three city blocks to the Assembly Chamber, he nodded and waved to the varied collection of people who had reason to be up at this time. Quickly, the three reached the Chamber, protected by a massive marble statue of an Eque of the Army of Light, nameless and faceless. He held in one hand a ball of light, and in the other, a massive broadsword, the height of three men. Behind him was the entrance to the chamber, over which hung a shield emblazoned with a rising sun and the words “Light’s Bastion.”

The three men reached Smith’s office, in which two people, a man and a woman, were already at work. They both acknowledged Smith with the tired nods that signified long nights. Smith nodded back and entered into his private office, in which he briefly gathered his papers and read a briefing document before the bells that signified the start of a Assembly session began to ring.

Quickly, Smith grabbed his papers and strode purposefully out of the office. He joined the throngs of Assembly members making their way to the chamber, the sea of bodies dwarfed by the columns of marble that stretched towards the ceiling of the building. Smith entered the chamber and took his seat just minutes before the Chancellor of the Assembly took his podium and motioned for order. The room quieted immediately.

“Ladies and gentlemen. Good morning. I have a relatively standard session planned for today, and I shall proceed immediately.”

The session was indeed standard - updates on various priorities, scheduling votes on various matters, reading messages from citizens and debating various philosophical and practical issues. The only non-standard part of the session was at the end, when the Chancellor intoned, “Mr. Smith, a word with you, please, after our session. Session dismissed, thank you to all. May the Light guide your way.”

Curious at what could cause the Chancellor to need him, Smith approached the podium, where the Chancellor beckoned him back into his private office. Smith had become well-acquainted with this office under its previous inhabitant, but had met here less frequently with the current Chancellor. He closed the door to the office behind him and nodded at the Chancellor, who motioned for him to sit at his desk as he grabbed a stack of papers.

“Mr. Smith, I have a position I need filled. Several of the Lords have been petitioning me to pay more attention to our southern neighbors, the Wolfic nations. I am forming a committee to investigate our options regarding them, as they have been becoming increasingly powerful according to our scouts in the region, and I would have you lead this committee, given your experience with this Wolfic culture. Will I have your cooperation?”

Smith nodded. “Of course, Chancellor. I would be honored to lead such a group. Is there anything else I ought to know?”

The Chancellor handed Smith the stack of papers. “Everything you should need is in there. That includes a roster of your group. I would like a recommendation rather quickly - the Lords say they wish to send a representative to our neighbors rather soon.”

Smith placed the papers in his briefcase after giving them a cursory glance. “It shall be done, Chancellor. Have a good day.”

“May the Light be with you, Mr. Smith.”

Smith left the office thinking of the Empire’s southern neighbors, and how they ought to be approached.
Guns are tools, not toys.

The Atmoran Diplomat
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Atmoran Diplomat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Palace of Brühl, Brühl, Kingdom of Hasselt

King Edward II of Hasselt was sitting in his throne in the Palace of Brühl, situated in the Hasselt capital. Standing before him was his Lord High Chancellor Jan-Douwe, Count of Jaarsveld, Jaarsveld cleared his voice before speaking "Your Majesty, the Luxian Empire wishes to send diplomats to Hasselt, Rothenburg, Guldenhof and Brunswick, a man named Lucas Smith is said to be arriving in Brühl along with the other Luxian dignitaries."

The King sighed "I'd suppose it's too check up and elevate how much the Wolfic nations have spread their influence across the Atmoran lands. Pass a message along to Elizabeth,
Grand Duchess of Guldenhof too keep an eye out for Luxian ships, surely after a long voyage in the Atmoran Ocean they'd take port in Marienburg before heading to Brühl."

Jaarsveld bowed his head "Of course your Majesty, I'll be sending an envoy to Guldenhof immediately to inform Grand Duchess Elizabeth." with that the King dismissed Jaarsveld to carry out his duties, immediately after reaching his office in the Palace he had spent his time writing up the letter before sending it with a messenger to be carried off by a messenger to the Guldenhof in the Salish sea.
Atmoran Confederation
“Splendor sine occasu”
Co-Founder and President
Heliste

United States of Conner
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Conner » Mon May 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Indestror, Luxian Empire

Three ships departed from the southern port of Indestror. Their destination was the port of Marienburg, in Guldenhof. They were large cruisers, with a reinforced hull and massive sails bearing the Luxian flag. On board each were about 40 men and women, whether naval crew, members of the Army of Light, or Luxian dignitaries in official dress - white togas. Even with the armed guard they brought, they did not expect much trouble - they were, after all, sailing to another civilized nation, and what band of pirates would dare attack a ship bearing the Luxian banner, knowing what retaliation would be brought upon them?

Marienburg

After their long journey, the Luxians had finally arrived in the port city of Marienburg. As Smith sat in his office aboard the lead ship, one of his aides came to bring him the news. Smith nodded briefly and said, "We are supposed to be met by a women named Elizabeth, the Grand Duchess of Guldenhof. I assume their ships will be approaching us shortly, please let me know when we have contact."

The aide nodded and left the office as Smith continued to look over the papers sprawled across his desk.
Guns are tools, not toys.

Return to International Incidents