NATION

PASSWORD

The Battle for Talos [closed][FT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

The Battle for Talos [closed][FT]

Postby The Fedral Union » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm

the Mundane formality of interstellar politics.

Minister Ki made his way down the force ramp toward the gray and somewhat mundane floor of the vast and cavernous docking bay. Waiting for him where two officials, the Terran Ambassador and consulate to Talos, Henry Zaruim and one of his aides, who was simply a projection of sophont in indiscript clothing with a rather unremarkable appearance.

Zaruim was dressed in a similar manner to his aide, a sharp black suit with a red tie, with the only difference being a grey unbuttoned overcoat. Zaruim smiled to Ki, who had a dour look upon that furry face of his, streaks of grey fur already began to show up along his lower muzzle.

“Secretary Ki, it’s been quite a while.”

Ki replied with a plain tone those eyes of his glancing at the two respectively before settling on Zaruim. “Yes it has. I wish I came to Talos under better circumstances, but…”

“Yes, I... realize the war must be taking a toll on you,” Zaruim replied, his tone becoming a bit darker and more reserved.

Ki and the others began walking toward one of the large double doors that lead in to the waiting lounge and thus out in to the massive station proper, the panels along the walls were smooth and seamless, typical of Terran construction and aesthetics. They continued to wander through the bustling lounge, passengers and arrivals streaming by, likely on to several distant locations throughout the galaxy.

”The war is bad enough,” Ki said, “the fiasco at the summit just made things worse. But that could have gone very differently.”

Zaruim nodded and replied in a conciliatory tone. “Well, I’ll be hard pressed to believe that member states would just abandon something that they have invested so much in too. I mean... look at this place, for example. This is GESO’s coup-de grace, the largest station ever built.”

Ki smiled as they made their way through the atrium. Looking around for a moment, they noticed greenery lining the walls, with ornate fountains surrounding the base of a large multi-story terrace filled with various kinds of trees and fauna. Water trickled down carved channels into pools filled with lilies and fish both alien and terran. Ki and Zaruim could look up and see a crown of member state flags fluttering in the natural currents of wind that blew in from the openings leading to the Terra section of the habitat ring. They made a turn to the left through a flowing crowd of aliens and humans, drones and holograms. The crowd was filled with Talonians, Aumanii, Terran, Hobbetian, Argonian, Housedian, Pords, Ellian, Minrozians, Broe’s, and many more species that he lost count of. All of them were mixing in to a vast cacophony for the few moments they were around one another, on their way to their respective sections or to their respective destination with in the Terran sector.

Indeed, Talos was a gem in the vast and chaotic galaxy, the one place where so many came together and come together to talk, to trade, to negotiate to settle. It was one of the greatest achievements in known space one the key centers of the civilized galaxy an open port of call that GESO and its members had the will to construct for all to use. It was indeed a statement and an example for what GESO hoped and still hopes to accomplish for the future. Despite the current crises that plagued the galaxy and the alliance itself, this station was one pillar that reminded everyone that the GESO was built to last.

Ki and Zaruim made their way toward a tram platform, they nodded to two GRF marines that walked by toward a kiosk near one end of the multi leveled atrium. Ki said as he looked over the Zaruim again, his tone seemed to be a bit more positive.

”I suppose there is some glimmers of hope in these turbulent times , sometimes it just feels worse than it is. You know how the rhetoric gets..”

Zaruim replied the just as the slender bullet shaped tram silently came to a stop hovering over the rails, its double doors opened as the two stepped in.

” I don’t envy you Ki, that must be stressful as hell.. But someone has to do it. But hey at least you’re here alive and we have a party about to go on.”

Ki made a wry comment about the upcoming gala event they took a seat on the tram watching as the vast illusion of limitless blue skies and green landscapes swooshed by.

“Yeah just what I need more time with diplomats and uppity members. I hope this goes better than that summit..

Zaruim chuckled, and then replied.

”Commander Silver must have been relieved to know that events conspired to keep the SAC position.”

Ki shook his head and shrugged, he waved a hand.

”Commander Silver would have stepped down and taken a job at the Joint Chiefs table had that meteor not struck the Talonian diplomat.. Or... the war hadn’t started.”

Ambassador Zaruim nodded softly, the war had come so suddenly and indeed had changed a lot, there was fear, there was the specter of chaos and death of destruction... And of political unrest. Of course here was neither time nor the place to reflect on that, that was what the general assembly was for. The tram made its way on the winding track through forests, towns, glimmering cities, windswept prairies , valleys, and tundras . It was as almost they were on a planet a fully fledged planet one so perfect and serine. The tram came to a stop, Ki and Zaruim quickly stood the double doors whooshing open facing a ornately gentrified platform . Ki and Zaruim stepped out and looked on at the smooth walls , colourful tiled floors and picturesque statues of various classical figures that were wedged in between holographic consoles every few meters.

Here they were, the diplomatic chambers of the Terran Alliance, or at least the level it was present on. Ki and Zaruim made their way through the vast alabaster and amber colored halls until they reached a large rounded chamber on level C.

Ki nodded the Zaruim, noting the two statues of greek and roman figures, an obvious nod to the republican values of the Terran Alliance. One held the scales of justice in one hand and a spear in another. The statue had a crown with ray like spikes poking out evenly spread, it held a torch in one hand and a representation of a scroll in the other. The two continued on past the two doors. There were vast tables lining either side of the great circular hall, food drink of all kinds, persons had already gathered the various tables had already been neatly arranged for the maximum impact , the podium lay silent for now but the holographic projection unit in the center still glowed with various representation of member and attendees flags.

The large windows gazed out on either side to landscape of almost scenic proportions. They faced out toward the vast green plains and rivers of a valley. If one looked out they could see as far as Talos city, with its glittering spires being the most prominent feature at this distance. On the opposite side one could see the rolling mists and clouds down a canyon face toward what looked like a canal lined with various flowering plants. Of course the chamber at a whim could change its inner environments, such was the wonder of Terran technology. But the two views symbolized something at this moment, something the attendees would hopefully take in to account.

”This is quite peaceful... Now I’m reminded why enjoy coming here.”

Ki remarked as the two made their way toward one of the tables closest to the podium. Zaruim replied as the two took a seat waiting for others to arrive..

“Its like a kernel of blissful peace in this whirlwind of chaos about the galaxy isn't it?”

Ki nodded folding his fuzzy hands.

-GRV Constellation DN-1093-

Admiral Samantha Heaos sat quietly in her command chair, those green eyes of hers glancing over the large holographic globe, she watched the many ships that jumped in an out of the system through the gates and out of the gates towards the massive construct that was Talos. Even the Constellation itself, a Orion class dreadnought was dwarfed by the size of the station.

The Allies were at war, the Terrans where one of the powers on the front line , security around the station was tightened and she and her fleet of ships were tasked with helping defend the gate hub that was Talos. As much as she knew this was an important assignment however, the half Danite Admiral was eager to join her brethren on the front line, and felt somewhat disappointed or even offended that she had been put here.

The sophont of the ship appeared, it appear to Heos as a male dressed in a fine suit of sorts, as usual it was a perception made up of a mixture of memories of people she had met or known and her own responses to what she was comfortable with. The sophont reported quite briskly.

”Admiral, the additional forces from GRF command have arrived, I’ve sent them your orders to position them in the outer system..”

Heaos waved a hand nonchalantly she replied as she sunk in to her chair, those smooth slender fingers of hers gripping the metamaterial armrests.

Understood, let’s hope this will be over quick, the longer those diplomats are gathered there the more of a target that station becomes, as if its size and influence wasn’t a big enough bulls eye…

Captain Trevon chimed in and said somewhat plainly to the lithe well proportioned admiral.

-”Well at least they’ve got us and the Talonians here, if anything goes wrong.. But do you really think the enemy is going to try to hit this deep into allied territory? “-

Heaos brushed aside a lock of blonde hair and replied balling one of her hands in to a fist and placing it on her chin.

”Anything is possible, who the hell knows with these bastards...We can't take any chances. As disappointed as I am for being assigned to babysit this place I’m not going to do a half assed job.”

Trevon replied glancing up to the sophont that for him looked like a female acquaintance in some respects.

”I’m pretty sure about that, but there isn't a soul in this fleet that doesn't know that you want to go to the front lines and bust heads Ma’am”

Heaos smirked and jokingly said just as she folded her hands on her lap.

”Are you saying I’m a bit too obvious to read when it comes to that?

Captain Trevon chuckled.

“I don’t think-”

Constellation cut Trevon off quite abruptly.

”Honestly, you couldn’t be more obvious Admiral, some of your commentary betrays any attempt to hide your desire...”

That much was obvious Trevon just sighed, Heaos replied bluntly.

”Well they speculate all they want, it's not like a crime to want to fight.. Have the Marines arrived at Talos?

Constellation nodded. “They have, GRF peacekeepers and marines have been transposed or shuttled to the station.”

Heaos responded just as she sunk back into her command seat, once more glancing at the hologlobe.

”Well, that all we can do. Lets move to deployment point sierra. “

With that simple order the slender yet imposing three point four kilometer long form of the Constellation began to move through space knifing through the vacuum effortlessly, its and cruisers, destroyers and other picket ships followed suit evenly spaced in a wedge formation, the trails of cobalt blue particles being distorted in the space bulging space behind the mighty Terran ships as the fabric itself seemingly propelled them toward their destination. Position Serria was near one of the gas giants and about one and a half astronomical units seconds away from Talos itself, it didn’t take long for the Terran ships to arrive, it was a staging area by all measures.. Over all the system had about a thousand Terran vessels under the GRF banner deployed, the war had significantly boosted the amount of ships committed to the station and thus the hubs defense. Of course these numbers included an array of corvette class ships in support of the larger capital vessels. On top of such a deployment the Terrans could call upon one of their super dreadnoughts that was deployed outside the system within the oort cloud.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 10 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Strarus
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Strarus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:14 am

"Yes Admiral Reyanzi I am sure that I will be attending this party alongside Secretary General Lycal," confirmed Emperor Ryclaius as he walked into the Admiral's ready room. The bridge saluted as the Emperor left the room and it soon became awkwardly silent across the whole bridge. The whole fleet was shocked to see the Emperor had come on board and let alone was going to attend a diplomatic party.

Lycal was the first to speak up, "Well Admiral Reyanzi looks like you have your answer. I would recommend we jump to Talos station, we best not keep the Emperor waiting after all. He is the one who can have all of us executed on a single word," warned Lycal as Reyanzi nodded in agreement as he walked over to his chair and sat down. Lycal hated situations like this; everything was so tense when a person of that high of rank was on board the ship. Though this was also due to the event if the vessel was attacked and destroyed that the Empire would have lost its leader.

"Start the spore drive," ordered Admiral Reyanzi as the engineering section took a spore capsule and placed it into the ejection tube that leads to the spore chamber. As soon as they entered Reyanzi could feel the energy the spores gave off, the ship then did a barrel roll as a lightning storm appeared in front of each ship of the fleet and they were gone. A second later they were traveling the network and dropped out in front of Talos a second later just before they appeared the same lightning storm appeared before them and once again each ship had that same storm in front of them for two seconds after they appeared.

"Admiral, jump confirmed we have arrived a Talos bringing it up on the view screen now," informed the helmsmen as the station was brought up on the screen. Admiral Reyanzi nodded as he stood up from his chair and walked over to the Ready room and waited for the door to open. Once it did he walked inside of the room where the Emperor was looking out the window.

"My Emperor, we have arrived at the station a shuttle is already being prepared the 16th Royal guard and the 22156th Colonial Keepers have already been instructed to get on their shuttles. Your personal guard has been instructed to meet you at your shuttle when you are ready," relayed Reyanzi as he bowed before the Emperor turned around to face him.

"Very good Admiral, very good. Now if you will excuse me there are some diplomatic matters to attend to on that station," stated Ryclaius as he walked out of the room and was soon followed to the lift by Lycal as they went down to the crew deck and were joined by Royal Guards. They soon arrived at the shuttle bay and boarded their shuttle as the other shuttles were already heading to the Strarian Section of the station. Due to recent events, more forces on their section of the station seemed like a good idea once the Emperor left the Royal guards would leave along with him. But, the Colonial Keepers would be staying to provide law and order as well as security to their section of the station.

Dead Snow
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Snow » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Talos System,
Talos Station,
Prosperan Embassy Office

It had been many years since the embassy had been first established on Talos Station, and it seemed a different place entirely from those early days of Dead Snow's affiliation with GESO.

Many staff had come gone throughout the years, some purely furthering their political career; others just in it for the pure experience.

The one stalwart of the embassy was Stentc Frhyt, a veteran of many a diplomatic meeting and disagreements. His experiences where soon to be widened.

The usual hustle and bustle of Talos billowed around the Embassy, a beacon of quiet within the extensive space hub. It was manned by a skeleton crew at most times, very little concerned Dead Snow within this stretch of space.

”With approaching events I do see the liklihood of a garrison being established, sir.” Hethe said, muttering the formality at the end. She glanced behind her as a droid skated past behind the pair. Her hair, tied in a tight ponytail, swished round as she continued to look ahead down the expansive corridor, doors at every possible opportunity. Men, women, aliens, droids and everything inbetween buzzed around, a seething sea of heads. Stentc curled his lips into a wry smile as they turned into the Embassy entrance hall,

”Yes, I have heard grumblings of a fleet near by; apparently on route home from some patrol or something. I feel as this is nothing to do with us, and we'd do best to sit tight like we have everytime.”

He sat on the nearest pew, his bones audibly creaking. He had always apposed any sort of bio-tech augments, much to the stark difference of Hethe. She had chosen a different style.

”I have always admired your staunch opposition to, this.” She motioned towards her cybernetic enhancements. Servos whirring as she walked on mechanical legs, having since long lost hers in another tragic war. The combination of a political genius and a military mind did always make for a good team on the galactic stage.

BattleGroup Advent,
Some backwater system,
Classification: Uninhabited.

The fleet hung around the multiple gas giants of a dying star, their gothic architecture glinting in the fading stars light. It had been a long few years for the fleet, a ‘patrol’ from station to station, resuppling various embassies, outpost and various infrastructure. It had felt like aeons since century Admiral Frehh had tasted the bittersweet feeling of combat. The patrol had taken it's toll on his sanity, he was never one for sitting around on his laurels. Not the he knew exactly what he could be doing instead. He had one thing going for him, and it was military strategy. He sat, reclined, in the captains chair. He gazed around, over the many computer banks and those tending to them. They were plugged into their station, at one with the machine. It was one way to make the running of Dead Snow's Navy a smooth, running machine.
Frehh turned his gaze to look out the main window of the deck. It wasn't an inspiring view, just a slew of asteroids plunging to their death's into the belly of a gas giant.

”Well, it's about time we leave this wasted system. The sooner we finish up at Talos, the sooner I can get home. Where the liquor is good and the women even better.”

”Yeah whatever you say boss,” Greft rolled his eyes, the boredom of rest time erring on the crew’s nerves.
”We'll depart when the rest of the fleet green lights.”

More asteroids slammed into the thick gaseous body of the yellowish coloured giant. It seemed like only a few seconds before the blue glow of the fleet engines kicked into gear, they slowly pulled out of the dying, gaseous system and on to civilisation.
Last edited by Dead Snow on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Trevion
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Trevion » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:21 am

C H A P T E RI
Where darkness makes its presence known, it is said that fear follows with it. Pacing gradually through the very fabrics of space, coming from a void of the unknown is a Monolith so corrupted and with great power -- the design was black with the souls of those whom they have slain constantly swarming around from the outside, moaning and wailing. It had a known fact for others to feel rather uncomfortable to even look upon such a structure. Inside, passing through the piles of skeletal remains and the blood dripping from the ceiling, is seated Overlord Volxohr on his throne made from the flesh of his enemies and skulls from the leaders he has decapitated over the course of time. He slowly inhales, sipping the last pint of blood; a soft demonic growl comes from him as he slowly lowers his hand down and rests it on the arm of the throne. He leans his head back a little and takes in the black chanting music his Oracles was making and stares off in the distance. As Volxohr sits up straight in his throne, Varkuth slowly approaches him from behind.

"Mmmm.." Volxohr slowly moans in pleasure. "Do you feel that, Varkuth?" he asked, knowing he was there. "The presence of the living.. It is so near, so close.. doesn't it feel magnificent?" he asked, looking at the flames on the walls. It really looked like Hell inside for anyone who was brave to witness it alive.

"I would much rather prefer killing them for the best cause of your Empire. But yes.. it does feel.. dawning to me. It has been so long since I have had the touch of any flesh in eons." he replies as he slowly hovers over to stand in front of Volxohr, able to see him then looks around. "I do not suppose we can make some sort of arrangements; perhaps taking one life while we are here?" he asked, leaning his head in slightly as he holds onto his staff.

Overlord Volxohr moves his glowing eyes down at him and makes a small laughter, shaking his head. "I would love that very much. Unfortunately, we are a change Empire now - we only seek the wicked and the evil instead of the innocent. For millenniums, I have sat back within the void and watched the human race destroy itself with its own corruption. How their sins have caused them to be oh so wicked in the heart. Keeping humans as my meals has been rather tasting.. but they did not satisfy me more than those who are filled with sin." he slowly stands up and makes his way over to look at the humans he kept, covered in blood and crying; shaking in sheer terror. It made him feel... powerful. Yet weak at the same time. "The innocent have lost their taste.. I want the wicked ones; those who murder, kill for their own gains. I want even other demons and demonic creatures to feast on. Things have changed, Varkuth. It is time we make a new title of ourselves, especially to the innocent."

Feeling no sympathy nor remorse, Varkuth listened to Volxohr and watched him, following behind him with a gradual pace. As he passes by the living humans, he would look down and stare at them only to take the end of his staff and stab them through the heads, impaling them and leaving a large hole. "I can see why you never really want to bother the innocent souls lately.." he replied, breaking his contact from the body he stabbed and looked back at his Overlord whom was keeping his back turned to him. "I remember our wars in the past with the innocent; those days were glory to me. I miss them days.. they would scream and cry for their lives as they discovered their death in a pentagram, surrounded by the Goats of Helkuum."

Walking along, ignoring Varkuth and his statements, Volxohr would make his way into the Chambers and looks at the tombs of those national leaders that have tried to flee from their demises but failed. He knew Varkuth was still following him and growls softly. "Yes..." he replies softly. "It did feel soothing to hear the screams and the cries of the helpless and the weak. The ones who deserved it the most." he goes silent again and looks back at Varkuth.

"Such a shame you have given all that up, Overlord Volxohr." states Varkuth as he tilts his head in disappointment. "But I will tell you this - should one single living turn on us during this conflict, I promise you, I will unleash Hell." he stares at his Overlord and grows closer by slightly moving. "Our contract may still be in the matter, but you do not control me like the rest of your Legion of Forsaken. I.. am my own commander. Are we clear?"

Volxohr turns around to give Varkuth his attention and shows no sign of fear of another entity he made a pact with. After all, he was the one who discovered him and his relic from another planet. With a growl, he nods as an answer. "Of course." he says. "After all.. this universe is your playground to reap souls as much as it is my own." he chuckles softly and stares at him.

Varkuth stares back only to slowly moves his head and break contact with him, slowly hovering away back into the depths of the Monolith itself, leaving the Overlord to himself.

The Overlord only slowly paces to a dead corpse of a leader he slain, whom was seen to rotting away and decay with the uniform still on his body. He paces his eyes around the corpse and plays back Varkuth's statements like a echo in his head. 'Such a shame you have given all that up, Overlord Volxohr'. He moves his glowing eyes down at the blood-covered floor and then turns his head. "Once another life.. now we make another on this day." he says to himself softly.
Last edited by Trevion on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dominion of Black Sun
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 04, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Dominion of Black Sun » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Seasons of Light

It was a violent age, but only so many stars could know of it.

Beyond the ruinous fields of Cinderfall, where the embers of battle continued to glow even as the ashes settled across that wretched realm, the peaceable dark of night seemed to fade. Though tainted by distance from the Beaconstar's vision, the momentous consecration of the Aetherport Palace of Renewed Peace and Fortitude had settled these suns of their bitterness and aversion to the Dominion's coming grace - and yet, not even this noble act could no scrub them of their unmistakably foreign taste.

Removed from the gracious warmth of the Cinderfall Sun, and much too distant to bask in the Hightower Sun's hidden glory, the voidships of the Dominion suffered under nature's aggression. Whilst the great War Hosts of the Dominion blazed onward with strength and terror ever towards the heart's of the Dominion's grandest of enemies, distant and horrible as they were, those that followed in their ashen wake were destined to navigate the myriad xenostars unabode by the strength of the Black Sun's burning wrath. And so, they searched for new suns, worthy of the Crown's touch, to give them strength in this alien galaxy.

In days and ages passed, the far lands of the Core One Galaxy were pioneered by the countless Deep Space Frontier Fleets of the Administracy's governorship, minuscule bodies of suncraft which acted only as the most distant agents under the IEDUX Deployment's employ - it is they who are accredited with the discovery of the Pordish Threat, and indeed the very circumstances the Deployment found itself in even now. Nevertheless, their time had since passed.

The Grand Frontier was now aflame, and into this burning breach rushed the myriad Storm Fleets of the Dominion. These worthy warriors set upon the Core One Galaxy as not conquerors yet, but as sowers of the future fields of battle - the forces of change to come. It is they who would find these Anchor Stars, and they who would imprint upon them the Crown's Blessing, branding them as future capitals to the Dominion's advances in days yet to come.

Not every star, however, would so readily surrender itself to the Dark Star's liberation, as would soon become readily apparent.

Dominion Storm Fleet "Calvaire", DES. IEDUX-S.F.478-25J
Tranverse Threadway, en route to V.KT-O [VKO] System - Soon Princemere
The 'Invariant Truth of Order', an Empyre-Class Crownship

The Transverse roared through the wide channels that distanced the starships of the Storm Fleet Calvaire. Though tempered by the newly-established Aetherport Renewed Peace and Fortitude, the churning of the Transverse against the Aether's unruly form did not allow for an uneventful voyage - already, Aethershielding among many of the lesser vessels was showing signs of wear. The conditions delineated here only acted to emphasize the importance of their destined cause upon this realm.

With the aetherport's piercing glow to its rear, the Storm Fleet Calvaire pressed on towards its destination - VKO System. The most recent discovery among several by the Aristocracy's Galactic Auspek Webform, VKO System was determined to be a viable foundation upon which to sanctify a new aetherport, and thus greatly extending the Deployment's capacities in the Core One Galaxy at large. This was an important step for the Deployment's long-term goals, enough so that the Grand Lord-Admiral himself was firm upon taking action as soon as possible, even as no plans of formal realm expansion were in place - these were devices of change yet to bear any sign of fruition, but a field must be tilled before it could be sown, if lasting growth is to occur.

Therefore, while the war raged on in places elsewhere, countless stars far from the battlefield would be set upon by a resonant wave of starships, seeking out the future nests of the Dominion's inevitable expansion. Storm Fleet Calvaire was at the very head of one of these many noble efforts, some twenty-eight hundred warships at standard Storm Fleet scale, completed with a full Ancillary Fleet in tow - they were fresh from the mighty forges of the Fabricator Worlds, the glint of their hulls yet to be tarnished by the sickly nature of the cosmos' very form.

Leading Calvaire, the Crownship Invariant Truth of Order's mighty form stood out amongst the many lesser starships, dwarfing all but the most massive of voidcraft in its presence, and second to none in its elegance. Proudly in command of such a great vessel, Storm Lord Teklis Neede was relatively new to such a position of power, but his inexperience with such a seat did not preclude his capacities to engage a foe - at least, not yet.

From what Auspek reports suggested, the destination before them would not be as empty as once was perceived. This matter had come up well before Lord Neede had set out upon his trek, but when approached with the possibility of being redirected to a decidedly less-problematic destination, he refused. Having determined the conquest over the xeno threat at Cinderfall was evidence enough of this galaxy's inherent weakness, he was quick to judge whatever infested VKO system would be no match for his worthy forces.

Such confidence and faith in the Dominion's unquestionable might was honored and admired surely enough, a true virtue throughout the elite societies of the Dominion from which Neede hailed, and indeed a desirable trait for many within the Naval Aristocracy itself, however, it was all-too-often such a perspective sheltered one to the arcane truths of the natural cosmos, and weakened one's mind to what shocking things lay in wait. Those better tested by the harshness of this crude, black void would know such a condition as Lordblind, ignorance of the realities that awaited them in the lands beyond the Crown's direct protection.

Perhaps Lord Neede was right in his assumptions.. perhaps not.

Only time would tell.

"What is the radius of the hardened field we are faced with," Lord Neede spoke, his voice demanding in its tone. The visage of Grand Techfleet Commander Isaak Pemp, translated through a facsimile agent, stood before the Storm Lord's throne, a man of imposing figure which seemed in dispute of the otherwise unseeming office he commanded.

Pemp responded at once, "We have determined it to begin at roughly seventy billion kilometers, along the system's outer periphery. Data suggests the location is of some manner of high infrastructure, inclusive of the large field of hardened space as well as visual confirmation of complex infrastructure within VKO System's interior and extensive traffic of decidedly varied nature. Formations of ships have been observed in motion around the system, and its clear development allows us to assume there is a formidable defense, with some security."

"These are based on the Ausek's reports, Commander?" Lord Neede inquired, seeming unphased by the information one way or the other.

"That they are, as well as information from past Frontier Fleet observations. We have yet to establish any formal contact with what xeno proprietors might claim this system, but given our circumstance it would hardly be necessary."

"Completely, but well worth its value in entertainment," Neede chuckled, evincing a smirk from Pemp, "We shall play. Get along then," the Storm Lord dismissed, before seeming to recollect some matter, "Oh, but call upon the Priest, Reindt Zoser, and bring him to my presence at once."

"My Lord?" Pemp seemed confused - it was not common for members of the Aristocracy and the Cult to meet in such an informal matter.

"Need I repeat myself, Commander Pemp?" Neede's tone was sharp, but lacked hostility - at least, momentarily.

"No, My Lord. It will be done." Pemp rectified. Pacing back from the throne, his forms and features vanished into the blank, humanoid body that was the raw facsimile agent, lacking in all detail but the basic gestures of Preferredkind's superior frame.

Within seconds or moments after, the featureless being was overtaken by emergent definition, modifying its height, bulk, and proportions in a fraction of a moment, immediately adopting the exact visual characteristics of the Cult Command-Priest Reindt Zoser, leading official over both of the fleets Celestial Monasteries, and second only to the Storm Lord himself in respect and hierachy.

"Your Grace," Zoser spoke, bowing his head to honor his martial superior - his voice seemed in some regards timid, as if unsettled by the occasion's curious nature.

In as respectful a gesture as could be made of it, Neede bowed his own head toward's the Command Priest, and began, "Priest Zoser. I apologize for such an informality, but I must know before we are committed to more complex actions that we are well situated for the Dedication?"

The Command Priest seemed momentarily suspended by thought, but immediately responded, "I would have sooner though you'd read the Post-Operational Assessments-"

Neede interrupted, "I have, but I found its detail wanting; they serve the martial aspects of our cause, but are lacking in several ways that I would prefer amended. I have no shame in admitting this as my first time overseeing such a grand and honorable affair - forgive me for my interest if it seems improper or undue."

"In no way, My Lord," Zoser spoke,"Your interests in the affairs of the greater Cult are venerable, and indeed rare in days as dark as these. While the time is ours, the Cult will be ever-willing to enlighten if doing so aids your inevitable service to the Crown and the One Sun."

A subtle smirk was mustered from the Storm Lord, "Then tell me of the particulars of what it is we are so commissioned to aspire to here. The battles to come and the Crown's assured victory are as evident to me now as they would be to the venerated hearts of war's eternal tide. Tell me what no man of martial grace and social skill could elaborate upon with any great success. Tell me, Priest, of the Illumination."

Beyond the expanse of the grand forward viewscreens, the twisting threadway seemed to contort, glowering clouds and discontented nebulae churning as they approached upon the inevitable Point of Rent. The Invariant Truth shuddered, its mighty Aethershield quaking at the forces that were now setting in upon it - the formless violence that the natural void did imprint upon the Transverse Threadway itself.

"The Illumination?" Zoser seemed to pause. Even as they stood against the landscape of fierce aetherial stormwinds and tumultuous, golden-black skies, the light of the distant Aetherport Palace of Renewed Peace and Fortitude yet still shined upon the fleets rears, the ever-guiding light through the chaotic dark, an eternal foundation upon which the Dominion would some day rest its ever-expansive empire. Zoser glanced behind himself, out upon the unending frontiers which they now steadily advanced, the reflecting rays of that shining sphere accentuating the features of his face against the relative dark that settled throughout the vast command spire, "A momentous event, it is. Such a shame you were unable to witness the Dedication at Cinderfall, My Liege, for it had been many an age since I was so privileged so as to observe such an occasion, and even then, none were yet as worthy, nor as powerful in their effect."

"A darkness upon my soul I seek to part with in my actions to come. Speak upon it, deliver to my senses what it was and what it shall be, all that the Dedication is." Neede's words seemed as much a request as they were so equally a command. He seemed to stir, agitated by the Priest's indirect commentary, but yet unwilling to arise and upset his own dignity.

The Command Priest nodded, looking to black, marbled floors of the deck, his own reflection but only just visible in their perfection. Even as the Storm Lord had gestured for a more immediate description, Zoser seemed to pause, as though reliving the affair once over in his mind, collecting the thoughts of the past and mingling them with those to come. He voiced, finally, "If only the truth in the meaning were so easily conveyed, but I shall attempt if it so nourishes you, My Lord. At its most direct, it is a gesture of gratitude, but also a gesture of mercy, and restraint. The sanctity of the act demands a wise selection, for not any world can truly ever aspire to become a consecrated Port of the Aether - there is a preciousness to it, a rarity that cannot be attained through devoting lifeless rocks, for only nature's children, fashioned in our likeness, might furnish the Aether with fires strong enough to carry the Lord Star's truth."

Zoser's words prompted curiosity from the young Storm Lord, Neede interrupting before the Priest could continue on, "In what way are we then to convey mercy and restraint, if our sworn duty is to give them only as immediate and befitting an end as the Fatherstar commands us? How could it be we are required to deliver our sworn opposers a kindness, in this mercy, and limit ourselves with limitation in manners I cannot devise, and yet still claim our worth to the Crown's interests?"

"By showing that we ourselves are fallible creatures, perfect for what the Dark Star might intend for us but still of roots tainted by nature's cruelty. In that way, the xeno outsider are not so much distant, enigmatic creatures as they are wayward brothers, lost in their form and function." Zoser voiced with confidence. Neede seemed to ponder for a few moments, his hesitation broken by the vessel's quaking as it passed along though the Transverse.

"And so our acts of violence are a kindness then? Every volley an invitation towards righteousness, every being we extinguish restored to a position of equal worth to us?" Neede's questions seemed as much rhetorical as imploring for response - Zoser spoke on it regardless.

"When the Illumination is fulfilled, every soul imminent upon it is absolved of their existential crime. Their heretical forms are cleansed, their truest selves unburdened, and they are restored to the purest and most sacred state one could ever aspire to embody - the formlessness of ash and dust and of all that travels freely through the orderly voids of the Aether, the brilliance of their release the very embodiment of what gives the glittering estates their vibrance and clarity."

"And so their dedication to the Aether provisions us with the very realm we traverse even now.. how befitting, that we further our advance upon the char of untold masses of lesser creatures. What praise we must give to the Lord Star for allowing us such privilege!" Neede exclaimed with heart.

Before Zoser could speak, however, the Transverse stirred. The shimmering, shifting clouds and twisting torrents of gas seemed to evoke change, their ordinary chaotic flows emerging as a storm of epic proportions, the shimmering, golden light of the Aethershield coming to life as it resisted the tumultuous forces that acted upon the mighty vessel - they approached the Point of Rent.

Zoser's form seemed to shudder, the synchronization between his mind and this body coming loose, "We-well My Grace, it would seem the fates have decided I have s-said quite enough. I-I will take my leave, but I hope what has be-been said nourish-nourish-nourishes your mind as it has mine by the mere di-discourse-course."

With a slight nod from the Stormlord, the facsimile agent representing the Command Priest relinquished his form, before itself disintegrating into particulates and vanishing into the spire's dark heights.

They had arrived.

Unenlightenment

Beyond the rim of hardened space surrounding VKO System, known to those who flittered about its empty depths as Talos System, the darkness of space collapsed.

From the seemingly eternal night, light and gas pierced the fabric with explosive force. Following upon this event by mere fragments of a second, the entirety of Storm Fleet Calvaire was disgorged upon the void, in their wake the fleeting particulate matter of the Aether itself as it spilt out upon the infinite realm of nature's advance with terrible force.

Without a moment of delay, they carried on at increasing velocity towards the system's inner reaches. Vessels of lighter fare rushed to the fore of the heavier voidcraft, arraying themselves defensively around the much larger yet less numerous craft of the capital fleet, for each vessel within that one segment outweighed the worth of the entire rest of the fleet combined. Not far behind the fleet followed the ancillary, its thousands of craft ready to commit themselves equally so to their more militant counterparts in the primary fleet in their myriad auxiliary roles.

Utilizing the same patchwork of data compiled through the Auspek Webform as well as the detectors of the fleet's own complex sensorsuites and composite networks (with and without superluminal detection agencies), what laid before them even at this great distant was rapidly apparent - VKO system was clearly no conventional location.

While characteristically no different than any other system the Dominion had come across before, among the stellar and sub-stellar bodies there prevailed at least one detail which stood out as anomalous among the background of nature's own unoriginality - an unseemly yet decidedly alien construct.

Of grand dimensions, this vast complex of yet-unknown function rested at the heart of the star system. The forces of the Crown could, by assumption, determine it to be of military use at the least, although its generous proportions would by all means suggest a grand multitude of purposes. Regardless, it immediately arose as a primary target, although its great scale would put even Storm Lord Neede at odds with how to manage such an object.

Irrespective of such details, the noise that accompanied this system was telling of its activity and possible importance - varied blasphemous tongue of every sort and read filtered in within moments; although aged by many a days travel to their current location, much as the visual story was to the fleet's arrays, they answered many questions the Dominion might have had even without any manner of formal contact.

And what of such an idea? Under the embrace of the Corporate Consciousness, time for Lord Neede moved at but a fraction of its pace under nature's carryance - composed alongside every worthy mind of Calvaire, he would orchestrate his elements with luxuries unafforded by those without such capacities. This established, he toyed with the idea throughout those varied constituent minds that defined the fleet's presence of making such a diplomatic maneuver - after all, what is an entry without an appropriate address to one's hosts?

It was only fair, or so it did seem, that they know what now has been beset upon them - the very agents of universal order and renewed peace, manifested by engines of war and discord whose very paradoxical purpose would ensure the deaths of these unknowing creatures in the very name of a distant and foreign god - the Eternal Black Sun.

So the arrangements were made. Naught but a handful of moments following the Storm Fleets very arrival did it dispatch a great beckoning that screamed in silence across the shadowed realm before its approach; the presence of hardened space made it uncertain when or if these abominable creations would yet even hear the Dominion's one and only call, bit it mattered little how they did or if they did at all - the pleasure was in the act of doing it, or so Lord Neede thought.

Code: Select all
Xeno Creatures of unidentifiable and certainly distasteful allegiance,

This system, henceforth Princemere, has been deemed worthy of the attention and acquisition by the IEDUX Deployment of Grand Crownspire, and by direct extension the Greater Dominion of House Brennelayne and the Eternal Black Sun. By reception and comprehension of this communique, you have recognized these claims as legitimate. They remain so regardless of this understanding, for such is the glory of the Dominion.

By consequence, your rights to existence, whatever they may have once been, have been summarily voided. You are now enemies of this new and perfect state, and will be rationed no exception beyond that of a complete and total death across all offending members and parties.

Make no attempts at diplomacy, peaceable or otherwise, for in this great and lonely cosmos there are weak hearts enough. Resist if you must, surrender if you will - the difference is null.

We are arrived.

Hot upon the trail of the dispatch's broadcast, various minute probes fled from the inner body of the Storm Fleet, rushing out to its furthest extents and throwing upon the void a field of hardened space constituted by the Dominion's own will. Stretching far all around, it would ensure no foreign powers seek to advance upon them with any great success while they dealt with what petty force they were now heading upon.

The were still quite a few days out, even at what speeds the great aetherial engines that thrust the fleet onward could muster - as such, there would be much time between the fleet's arrival and its entrance upon a functional range of true combat. Even so, without risking their own defense, what forces the unknowable defenders did now posses were all they would have to bear against them..

The imminent forces of the Dominion of the Black Sun.
Last edited by The Dominion of Black Sun on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raze the Sinner; Deliver Unto Them the Silence of Ash.

Nuclean Ecumene
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuclean Ecumene » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:53 pm

<Beautiful Gem system; Nuclean Ecumene; The Universe>

A massive ring sat in space, suspended at the L4 Langrange point of the planet in question, a giant ring of shiny metal surrounding a sphere in space. This was no sphere of material however, but rather of space, a wormhole about 10 kilometers in diameter.
It's discovery had occured nearly exactly a week prior, as Ecumene ships passed through the system, which had originally been scheduled for colonization. Normally, such a wormhole wouldn't have raised much attention, however upon further investigation, it had been discovered that this was no ordinary wormhole, but rather a sort of inter-universal portal. This sort of thing was of course, possible according to Nuclean scientists, but near impossible to find in nature, the only other occurance so far having been that to the Ancerious galaxy, the occurance of which making this even more of a surprise as there was now not one, but two such portals.
Now, after a week's time, a ring had been placed around the wormhole, to stablize it and permit an exploration fleet to transit through, after remote probing had determined that there seemed to be spacefaring civilizations in this new space, although the system itself that the wormhole terminated in was thankfully empty.
Now, a fleet of warships could be seen arriving in system, an armada of 240 warships, composed of 20 Composer-class supercruisers, 120 Paragon-class fast battleships, 60 retrofitted Predator-class escorts, and 50 retrofitted Sentinal-class patrollers. Each ship was ready, from the 64.4 kilometer long bulk of the supercruisers, to the 1.61 kilometer long somewhat streamlined hulls of the patrollers. Space warped behind and to the sides of each, distorting the view of the stars in the background as the irridescent dark blue hulls moved from their arrival location to the wormhole, disappearing within its boundaries a moment later.

<Unoccupied system; 10 parsecs from Talos system; new universe>

Fleetmaster Alriom sat within the command chair on the bridge of the exploration fleet's flagship, a Composer-class supercruiser named Architect's Aproach, his eyes looking at the bridge's viewscreen, a massive hemisphere orientated with concave side pointing horizontally towards the stations of the bridge crew, who's terminals sat on a large platform, under which the screen curved, giving everyone what seemed like a three-dimensional window into whatever was displayed on it. At the moment, it had the forward exterior feed from the point of view of the supercruiser, displaying an uninhabited system of several barren rocky planets orbiting a neutron star.
"Nav, status report" Alriom spoke to one of the three officers manning the terminals ahead of him and in front of the viewscreen.
"System is uninhabited sir, details on your terminal. Fleet is reporting all clear, shields are at full, weapons cold." the officer in question replied.
"Excellent, what about you, Comms?" the Fleetmaster inquired, glancing over the data that had been sent to his terminal, before moving on.
"Picking up a large amount of FTL signals, particularly in a nearby system, details on your terminal", the communication officer replied.
Alriom looked at the results, considering his next course of action, before giving the order "Send a message pod back through the wormhole with out findings, tell them its safe to come through and stabilize our end. Navigation, take us to that system with the message traffic, let's see if we can meet our new neighbors." he ordered
Two account of 'yes sir' replied back, as the relevant officers performed their tasks, relaying orders to the fleet and dispatching a message pod back through the wormhole. The various warships began charging their reality drives, building up energy within their capacitors for the journey. When this process was completed, the ships seemed to simply vanish from their former positions, leaving behind an empty area in front of the wormhole.
The space was not empty for long however, as several large auxillary ships soon emerged, with sections of ring to be assembled around the wormhole in much the same manner as had occured on the other side.

Emperor Myric
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Emperor Myric » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:19 am

Elwars Core

It was a strange sensation being connected to one of the extension fleets that was located outside of the Ancerious galaxy. While the restoration of the original nodes and reclamation of the surrounding space was proceeding ahead of schedule Elwar had found itself exploring a series of wormholes several systems over. The sensation of communing with its avatars across realities was a new one for the machine and it stirred new thought processes which fired inside its incredibly advanced core. Still the nations it had encountered had seemed simple to commune with enough, extending its will through constructs to commune was easy enough after all.

The presence of the fleet now broadcasting in system however was definitely not going to make things easy.

Extension Fleet Kappu Xu 2-4556

The fleet that held point over the large form of Talos station was around 421 ships strong, with nearly all the vessels being the same size and shape, dull grey ever shifting vessels that changed patterns on their surfaces had acted rather lazily until this moment. Having displayed fairly slow acceleration and maneuvering the vessels of the extension fleet however now leapt into action.

Each ship seemed to spread out, large energy spikes across the entire fleet signified the huge reactors inside each of the 12km vessels had gone to full power. With the broadcast having been rapidly translated Elwar had instantly deemed them to be a threat to stability, if this nation decided to cause chaos here then what stopped them from doing the same in Ancerious? It was a possibility that Elwar would not allow, at any cost.

Each ship was fairly plain, with no discernable weapon systems or internal systems to easily scan, the ship itself acted like it was alive, although it was simply an extension of the AIs will. Sensors gathered what information they could about the new arrivals, weapon systems powered up within the vessels and constructs were moulded inside of them in case of enemy attack craft or attempted boarding operations.

“Faith always leads one to blind desperation” Elwar said to itself as the variables of the coming battle played out on endless simulations within its core, running potential scenarios, ploys, tactics and more in a constant stream of motion to try to predict what would come next. Elwar had not foreseen combat here, but had sent enough forces just in case, the ancient AI knew the universe was not as peaceful and forgiving as its own programming. Sending out a communication pulse Elwar reached out to the other allied assembled vessels around Talos.

“This is Elwar, I will assist in defending this place and these people. I request uplink to all information networking systems. What is your plan here?”

With the message sent Elwar waited to link networking hardpoints. That way the fleet that fought alongside it could benefit from added processing power with little to no lag whatsoever and any unused processing capability of the friendly fleets could be harnessed by Elwar. Hardening both sides from EW and providing a boost to Elwars own if needed. The AI would take no chances here, those who threatened peace and stability were simply obstacles to be eliminated.

Dead Snow
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Snow » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:24 pm

The Aether;
BattleGroup Advent;
Dreadnought Nothing, Nowhere

Frehh sat, reclined within his Admiral’s chair, gazing around the many archaic looking computer banks. Lights flicked on and off in a random fashion that most certainly meant something to the attends monstering their stations. Many had become one with the machine, working together as an efficient beast traversing The Aether.

”It seems that this patrol has had an interesting twist,” Frehh spoke softly, as the night cycle on the Nothing, Nowhere had kicked in an hour ago, and it was nigh time he slept before arrival at Talos.

His nights watch, Grundhor, looked up, his bionic eyes whirring the withered and scarred face of his superior becoming focused in his enhanced optical bundle.

”Yes, I have heard from my birds that Talos has received an interesting proposal. His raspy voice nearing the end of its natural life, his vocal cords used beyond use. He continued, ”I don’t envisage Talos seeing us as knights in shining armour.
The droll tone in his voice meandering through the air to Frehh’s mechanical ears, able to hear more than he should; the whispering madness of the Aether permeating his mind.
”When have we ever been the shining white knights, Grund?”
His sarcasm noted by the skeleton crew of the bridge, a chuckle emanated from a dark corner. Clearly one still had hearing beyond the vibrations of the ship.

Beyond the many view ports the alternate dimension swirled with every colour known the universes, lightening crackling across the pane as the voidshields absorbed the entropy of the Aether; time had a different pace within these torrents and waves of psychic energy, fuelled by the negativity and sadness of the ‘real’ dimension. What seemed like three standard weeks here was three minutes on the known plane of existence. Travelling within such a place is a dangerous proposition, resulting in decay and madness; but as was always the way, irony rules the galaxy…

Talos Station had never seen a fleet of Prosperen ships, not that it was an impressive sight; except for the architecture and construction. They had become ornate and beautiful floating heavily armoured and armed churches, almost, except from the great swooping wedge at the front of each Capital Class ship; but still ornate with gargoyles twisting their faces into a thousand different visages of terror. There use would soon become apparent to the myriad of arrivals to Talos.

At the very edge of the system Talos resided in, a small flicker of light twisted and tore asunder as if the very fabric of space and time was ripped jagged.
Out vomited the thirty-two war ships, sprawling themselves into a defensive, loose wedge formation; the two Dreadnoughts, the biggest ship known to Dead Snow each sitting at ten kilometres in length, eagerly awaiting at point position.

The light emitted from the star that fed this system bathed the entirely man made construct of Talos in a warming glow, which was very soon to be replaced with the cold hard truth of this galaxy…

Beta Quadrant;
Prosperan System;
Dreadfort Starforge

The goliath hulking tomb shape of the Dreadfort sat bloated, lazily orbiting Frehjl.
A once meandering planet that decided upon Dead Snow’s star system to make its home, it had become the very epitome of Dead Snow’s war machine. It had never ceased spitting out tools of war, one after the other.
The rest of the Prosperan Navy had resided here for many a month, almost as if Dead Snow had ceased activity.
This was soon to change, a signal had been activated throughout the Aether, the ever moving beacon cruising the waves of melancholy towards even more desperation and death.

Great bloated transport ships, pregnant with the resources and bodies to fuel a combat zone were envolped into the Aether; followed by the crackling energy sucking up more BattleGroups laden for combat. A staging zone was to be established, many parsecs from the frontline. This was to be Dead Snows first taste of blood, whatever the colour, for a long time…
Last edited by Dead Snow on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Humankind Abh
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Humankind Abh » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:33 pm

OOC: Just so I can basically say I put my foot in it.

IC:

A simulated breeze swept through the private chamber of ambassador Dahlia's suite on Talos Station. Retrofitted with an intricate holographic system designed for experiencing Abh art and some relaxation, a mirage of an endless plain of golden grass swaying with the gentle wind replaced the reality of a rather small room. Dahlia reclined on a boulder that was an island amidst a sea of gold. The pale skin of her face was turned up to the warmth of light playing as the sun while her long, blue hair gently danced behind her shoulders.

It would perhaps be a curious thing to see an Abh enjoying landscapes from a planet given that they lived solely in space and indeed called themselves the kin of the stars for their love of space and the void. Yet, a large portion of Abh holographic art was dedicated to such scenes of grandeur. No matter the depth of immersion holographic art tried to place the viewer, there were just some senses that could not be replaced without experiencing the actual scene. The boulder Dahlia relaxed upon was far too soft to be real and the warmth on her face only went so far as the regulated temperature of the room allowed.

Still, it was a relaxing experience for the ambassador once removed from the busy traffic of the station. Dahlia laid her head against the high point of the boulder and allowed the hem of her light sun dress to rest above her knees. It was peace; unadulterated peace for the Abh diplomat as she lay there with her eyes closed.

Unfortunately it was not to last as her alarm chimed in the background. Dahlia laid there with her eyes shut trying to will the alarm to be silent and not disturb her. The machine was incessant though and would not yield. Dahlia eventually heaved a sigh and swung her legs over the boulder's edge as she gave the command for the display to terminate. Dahlia silenced the alarm and checked the clock in the main room of her suite. Despite her desire to remain undisturbed, time continued to pass in her absence.

Dahlia did make a promise to make an appearance at another meeting of GESO alliance members to at least stay informed of events unfolding to include in her reports back to the Empress. She did not recall promising to be on time though. Not that there was anything the Abh Empire had to contribute at this time anyways as they were simply content to observe and reach out to the other governments on their personal preference.

The Abh diplomat quickly changed out of her sun dress into a more formal attire. She made her appearance at the chambers in a v-neck backless dress that hug closely to her hips before cascading down to her ankles. Her heels clicked across the floor as the long curls of her blue hair danced just below her shoulders. Strung across the bare skin of her back were a number of thin chains adorned with star-like crystals while a heavier golden chain wrapped around her waist with an amber jewel set at the front designed to resemble a sun.
Ranger FactbookUpdated: 11/1/2017
No One Liners, Proper US/Commonwealth English are a must for joining
Member of the LA Pact
Founder of the Rangers

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:09 pm

Libertatem aut mori

The holographic display once devoid of any coloring other than friendly signatures was now vibrantly alight with multiple red contacts.

”What the.. ?! “

She exclaimed under her breath before calling out through the interlink quite plainly.

“All hands and all ships general quarters!”

Klaxons began to ring, personnel quickly scrambled to their stations, Heaos and the rest of the crew could feel the usual anxieties immediately preceding a battle build up with in the pits of their stomach of their very forms. Constellation patched through the message the unknown contacts had sent out the moment they jumped in.

”There goes any friendly pretense..” the sophont sarcastically noted as the message rang out only adding to the unease of the crew and of the admiral herself, Admiral Heaos straightened herself and clasped on the armrests of her chair lightly her eyes narrowing at the hologlobe before her, she held back a grimace .

”How should we respond Ma’am?”

Admiral Heaos drummed her nimble fingers across one of the armrests, the enemy was several light days out, so indeed they had time to prepare if they were to let them proceed in. She weighed two options, one was to engage the enemy force immediately, disabling the Interdiction system just long enough for them to micro jump within a few light seconds , the other was to draw them in.

Of course both plans had their down sides, the enemy could just as easily jump behind them in that split second, but on the other hand they would be putting the station at more risk by allowing the enemy force time to move in to the central system. She smiled inwardly, she looked over the hologlobe again as she replied to the query.

” We’re going to lower the interdiction fields”.

Everyone around the admiral looked at her with shock and horror, was she serious?

”Are you familiar with the concept of a bait and switch?”

Constellation knew where this was going and grinned, Captain Trevon nodded starting to follow as well, the initial moment of shock had worn off.

”The moment the interdiction fields are dropped I want the first and second fleets to jump right outside their interdiction range the drones and missiles we leave behind will act as temporary signatures and muddy the space so to speak..”

Heaos Slumped back into her chair, she said looking up to constellation, their very minds intermingled and intertwined, cold machine logic and machine emotion melding with human emotion and feeling. The burst of blissful knowledge about the surroundings of the Constellation and the position of all the Terran ships flashed within her mind's eye. Each move, each prediction of each maneuver and each individual action both current and possible seemed to race through her mind.

She could see the angled shapes of corvettes and drones began to swarm around each of the ships slowing so that their small frames were side by side the massive behemoths that where the Terran capital ships, slender rocket shaped missiles faded into reality around the Constellation and the other Terran ships, phase drives on the drones and missiles crackled to life, space beginning to bulge in the direction of thrust pushing the missiles and drones in to the proper positions.

The Constellation and her sister battle groups engaged their own phase engines, cobalt blue trails of particles warped and twisted, fading eventually into space itself, the massive drives of the ships moved the capital groups forward, launch tubes were loaded , displacer beam emitters and turrets crackled to life humming with the energy of destruction. Time counted down, tick, tock, tick tock. Ship after ship moved into position hyperdrives spooling for a possible jump.

The nerves on the Terran and GRF ships were on edge, this much was obvious officers and sophonts were glued to their consoles, the holographic displays shifted as the ships moved in real time, time indeed seemed to almost slow to a crawl…

”Allied ships, this is the GRV Constellation, your assistance is much appreciated here, we’ll need you to jump to these coordinates as soon as we give the signal, then jump again to these coordinates..

The relevant data had been sent, to say the least the Terran's were not about to let this system or station fall, and they would /hold/ at all costs. In contrast to what had happened Rilo system there would be no retreating here, they would either stand, succeed or die. This was the gate hub to the galaxy to the GESO. It was /the poster child for cooperation/ and despite the many tribulations and trials within the alliance proper it was the best and closest thing to a unified declaration of peace ever made. Now it was under threat, a threat the Terrans could not tolerate a threat GESO could not tolerate. A message was composed to reply to that general declaration of tyrannical, xenocidal gal. one that was about to be delivered in combination with the sort of dedication one would expect from such powers that where no arrayed to face down the black specter of some misguided and bleak crusade.

You've entered Allied Space, since all pleasantries about your intentions have been foregone, it is now our turn to declare our intentions. We intend to defend this system through the use of any force deemed necessary , furthermore. You've committed acts of war against the Galactic Economic And Security Organization, and thus have now ensured that such a state of conflict now exist between the allied powers of the galaxy and yourselves.

Tick… Tock…

Time counted down to the final moments before execution, sweat began to bead on the foreheads of the officers that were glued to their station, the admiral closed her hand in to a fist tapping in on the

Diplomats and war.

Minister Ki was almost uncharacteristically sanguine about the gathering, he smiled as he greeting each and every delegate that arrived saying aloud as he stepped upon an acoustic emitter pad that graced the center of the room.

”i’d like to welcome you to the sec-”

Ki abruptly stopped the interlink within his head suddenly received a flood of information, his eyes widened then narrowed. A second later Klaxons outside of the conference room began to blare.

” Excuse me for a moment.”

Ki looked over to Zaruim and stepped toward him briskly, he kept a calm and collective demeanor about him. Of all the moments for things to once again take a turn for the worse it had to be now. Ki cursed the situation muttering under his breath .

Zaruim said with a sarcastic tone looking back at Ki.

”Someone must have sent a diplomatic invite to the wrong people … I guess this is the point we’re we move to the citadel..”

Ki nodded, he replied before making his way back to the acusto emitter.

“Not like we have a choice.”

The double doors to the ornate chambers opened once more shimmering as if they were from some fleeting ethereal existence, the surreal artistic and peaceful setting was broken as a squadron of marines made their way in. Each sophont was graced in slender obsidian exo armor, their hands firmly grasping equally sleek and slender rifle like energy weapons, the symbol of the GRF and TMC plastered on either shoulder. They flanked each side of the room quickly making their way toward the gathering of delegates.

Ki quickly began to explain the situation, he kept a calm and cool demeanor as he spoke to the room.

”I apologize for the interruption but as you no doubt know by now the station is under assault by hostile forces. I would try to say there is nothing to worry about but I would be lying. For everyone's safety we’re moving in to the citadel. These marines are here to escort us there.”

Ki seemed to let his shoulders slump he walked off the emitter and nodded to the lead marine wandering toward a circular aperture at the other edge of the chamber. He shook his head softly.

Over the Top and in to the maw

Admiral Heaos, looked upon the hologlobe, The Terran fleets had positioned themselves at various locations, some were hidden behind planets others formed a direct fluid yet defensive “line ” near the station. An instant passed between the transmission of precise commands and orders between each of the Terran ships. The network of effector fields that seemed to permeate the fabric creating distortions and ripples around certain sectors in front of the dominions advance faded suddenly, the noise and roughness of the fabric began to ease up. Within the same instant the constellation and her accompanying battle groups jumped, space around them shifted subtly but quite obviously , the station and planets were now in a different position as the Terran fleets dropped out of hyper jump just outside dimension inhibitor fields.

Yet to the outside observer it would be as if they never left their spots, other Terran ships and drones had jumped into the vacuum left by the Constellation and the other Terran ships in combination with light lag and the sudden re-initialization of the effector fields would hopefully cause great if not momentary confusion.

Admiral Heaos sunk into her chair, the game would be afoot, the effector fields in place would act both as complex sensor warfare suites and inhibitor fields hopefully giving the Terran fleet some anonymity as the enemy would have to rapidly triangulate and fire on every drone and ship and station emitting such noise. Around each of the angled slender Terran war ships missiles would begin to spring into existence appearing in vast quantities and in many different kinds. RKM’s, Cluster missiles, Missiles with explosive Dimensional warheads began to streak toward various incoming ships, the constellation and her battle group focused their initial volley against the larger capital ships, indeed vast swaths of space between the oncoming terror and the valiant defenders now came to life as missile after missile lunged forth streaked toward enemy ships and point defense screens splitting and swarming. The heavy batteries of the Terran ships would wir as they obtained their firing solutions the low hum of energy pulsing through them became a high pitched whine within the belly of warships, that whine became a crackling roar as white hot bolts and beams of energy that seemed to bend and twist space time around them lashed out.

The noises of such fire reverberated throughout the Terran armadas innards , drones would engage drones, packs of destroyers would engage cruisers and destroyers, strike cruisers and dreadnoughts would engage enemy capital ships, this was by no means the full might of the allied forces stationed in the Talos system, indeed they were outnumbered Heaos had taken a gamble of jumping close enough to begin an engagement at least as a delaying action with the hopes of being able to withdraw, indeed the enemy could see the Terran ships, large and small burned and counter burned , strafed and rotated so their firing solutions and positions were optimal for both a a fast sub light escape toward the main lines while maintaining saturating fire.

The complex machinations of war were now a play, As the Terran lines scrambled Heaos and her small force would have to hold or skirmish some of the oncoming enemy. They would have to stare down their equals, equals driven by the cold dark, morbid grasp of a god who’s caprice demanded their extermination. Of course no-one on the allied side had any idea what they had just been chosen for and what kind war was about to be perpetuated. This was one singular battle, one of many… Could there be a grand victory against such a force? Or only a constant battle?

If there was any doubt that something like GESO was needed, such doubts would soon be put to rest.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Nuclean Ecumene
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuclean Ecumene » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:33 pm

"Nav, what's taking so long?" Alriom asked, addressing the navigation officer. It had been 3.5 minutes since the armada had activated their reality drives and jumped, a process which normally took moments.
"Sir, there's some sort of interference at our destination preventing arrival. Testing reentry points now" the navigation officer replied, as she continued having the reality drive navigation system attempt to arrive at different locations.
After another minute, one was found that actually worked, and Architect's Approach arrived several hundred kilometers outside of the interdiction field within the Talos system. The rest of the armada was not far behind, as their systems detected the entry point used by the flagship and navigated to it, every ship arriving with little fanfare or early warning, as formerly empty space was suddenly filled by each ship hull.

Upon arrival, the armada utilized their active and passive sensor arrays, as stealth was not required, to survey the system and what was in it. The collected data was processed by the various vessels' navigation systems, and added together to create a detailed map of the system, or at least as much detail as they could gather at this range, including the presence of the interdiction field which had prevented their arrival closer to the center of the system as originally intended.

This was about the time they detected the massive fleet which had entered the system at about nearly the same time they had, as well as the message they had sent.
The communication officer addressed Alriom "Sir, we've picked up an incoming broadcast, transcription on your terminal. Looks hostile"
Alriom read it, and frowned Looks like we seem to have walked right into an invasion, and the invaders seem rather xenophobic he thought, before ordering "Fleet to battlestations, raise stabilization fields!"
His orders were carried out, and from the 240 warships, generators began creating gravimetric frequencies, small distorsions in space, coupled with others that readied to flatten any forming warp fields or wormholes, all working together to create a spherical bubble of hardened space one astronomical unit in radius, centered on the fleet. At the same time, shields were set to full and weapons readied.

"Sir, another incoming broadcast, on your terminal. Responding to previous message" the comms officer again called out.
Alriom read the message, considering this 'Galactic Economic And Security Organization' entity, and weighing his options. "Send a message back to them, identifying us and offering aid against these invaders."
"Yes sir" the comms officer replied, before navigation piped up "Sir, system interdiction field dropped. We're getting multiple FTL arrival signatures near the invading fleet"
"Nav, charge reality drives and take us over there. Keep a good distance though" Alriom ordered, sending orders himself at the same time to the rest of the armada, dictating the plan.

From the armada, a textual message was sent to Talos station, informing them of the Nuclean's presence and offering aid against the invading Dominion, this occurring while the massive capacitors within each warship charged, preparing to microjump. Several minutes passed, and then the armada dropped their stabilization field and disappeared from their positon, only to arrive a moment later twenty astronomical units behind the Black Sun fleet. Stabilization fields resumed again, halting supra-light phenomena within 1 AU around the fleet, and from the bridge of the flagship, Alriom uttered the command "Fire."

From the supercruisers and battleships within the fleet, 140 warships total, the spinal spatial shear guns fired in explosion mode, creating alcubierre bubbles of space-time within the Black Sun fleet, starting small and then expanding. At the edges, anything caught in their path would experience massive shearing force as its atoms were seperated suddenly as space expanded, in an event unblockable by shielding.
Behind all of these, was the normal gravimetric macroparticle cannon fire, as ultradense matter sand was fired down guiding fields at relativistic velocity, prioritizing the heaviest enemy combatants.
Last edited by Nuclean Ecumene on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dead Snow
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Snow » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Talos System;
Talos Station;

Stentc Fryht sat reclined as his aging bones seized up. The harsh wooden pew was no help, but such frivolity as comfort had no place here. The Prosperan Talos outpost had grown old, neglected over time. Wasted and withered into a dusty temple.

He had grown bored with Hethe’s rundown of recent events, she too had withered into white noise around him. His fascination with The Eternal Black Sun waxed, his eyebrow raised in small humour as he once remembered Dead Snow being of such, pervasions. It had been a long few decades since the civil war, the old religious fanatics being over thrown with more religious fanatics. They were just more, quiet about it. He knew all too well of the voices in the Aether, their whispering rotting words filtered with madness. He snapped back to reality just as Hethe was winding down about fleet distances and hardened space fields.
”BattleGroup Advent holds out here.” She waved her hand through some projected image of the system, it’s red glow casting an eerie light throughout the nooks and crannys of the dark gothic architecture within the main hall of the Embassy, for want of a better word. Prosperan officials were a rare site at Talos.
Fryht sighed, before responding; ”Yes. We are heavily outnumbered and out gunned by these ‘sun’ people.” His aged bones wheezing as he stood, using a gnarled think branch as an aid to standing.
”For fuck’s sake Fryht, get those bones augmented; at the very least.” Hethe looked with disdain upon his natural legs. ”Sir.” She added as an afterthought.
”Given the situation at hand, I doubt we’ll be seeing Prospero again.” The gravity of the situation in the System was slowly dawning over their minds.
”Patch me through the Advent.”

He meandered, slowly, over to the comms station within the decrepit church like hall. A green light started blinking as secure channels were opened and maintained through to the BattleGroup.

Edge of Talos System;

BattleGroup Advent sat, holding in loose wedge formation. Thousands of Synthetic Aperture Radar Drones were birthed out by the thirty-four ships; whizzing off into a multitude of directions constantly pumping data back to the BattleGroup. A complete image of the system and fleet position and formations had been registered.

Frehh monitored the constantly updating projection of the system, red reticules hovering over The Black Sun’s forces; green floating over friendly forces. Talos station lay in the middle of the image, its goliath form towering over any other projected image.

”And these ‘Elwar’; do we have any DataFiles on them?” Frehh pinched the three dimensional projection, zooming in to study the large alien ships. ”Twelve? Twelve kilometres? Ah shit. Play me their message again.”

More projected images popped up around the generated system image, walls of text and diagrams floating aimlessly around, their green texts and images bathing the Bridge in an alien light, the low light cycle was in full swing. All unnecessary power had been diverted to other, more valued systems.
Frehh sighed as very little data was thrown up about the Elwar, it seemed as if they’d appeared from another Galaxy entirely. Dead Snow had many an archived DataFile on a variety of Star Empires, gathered from personal contact or through affiliated organisations. The archaic and defunct Joint Systems Alliance had proved extremely useful, the Galaxy was a dark and dangerous place; knowledge is everything.

”Well, they seem to be friendly. As it stands now.” Frehh turned to Grundhor, he smirked as the message was played over for the last time. ”Try and open a secure channel to these new arrivals.” He gazed out the main viewing window, a large rectangular opening, Talos Station slap in the middle of the porthole. Shuttles whizzed to and fro, a large Prosperan Shuttle shunted it’s way over the Talos from Nothing, Nowhere, a compliment of Militarium ready to defend Prosperans interests within Talos.

-Elwar. This is Nothing, Nowhere. Flagship of the Prosperan Forces within Talos System. We request that a channel be opened between the fleets, so as to coordinate our defences. We Await your response.-

Talos System;

The station hummed with activity, the many footsteps pounding the cold hard floors almost vibrating the Station itself. This activity ceased upon reaching The Prosperan Embassy, it seemed as if the occupants had already faced their maker and were awaiting the sweet relief of death.

Fryht gazed upon the many holographic displays projecting into the room. The dull blue glow was interspersed with red and green, the colours mixing into a kaleidoscope of data. A multitude of green lenses disappeared and reappeared instantly in front of the red targets, an uncountable number of munition targets loosed from the Terran forces; screaming to their fiery death.

He looked over to Hethe, she was pacing the ornate room; in constant contact with BattleGroup Advent and the other incoming fleets. ”Let the fireworks commence” Fryht muttered to himself as he keyed in a command to the nearest databank, a vast square of wall grumbled into life; rising up into itself. It revealed a window onto which the system could be viewed in its natural beauty. As the station rotated around its own axis the ever closer battle could be seen briefly. Fryht smiled gleefully, it had been a long time since he’d seen any naval combat. His mind flitted back to those short stories he used to read as a child, massive warships going toe to toe with even greater warships. Dogfights described as eloquent dances. Munitions slamming into vast sections of capital ships. The panic. The sheer beauty of it enticed.

Aether;

The swirling maelstrom of gaseous colours and vibrant electrical storms whipped their way around the constructs of the Prosperan Navy. Their void shields crackling under the torment of the Aether. It had been almost two weeks since they had left their home system, but only two days in reality. Such was the drawbacks of outdated and archaic technology of Dead Snow.

Their arrival near Talos was imminent, surely they were to be belched right into the shit. Exactly why the edge of the seat was made, as someone once said. Even the Aether seemed to delight in the anxiety. A storm was brewing...

BattleGroup: Advent;
Talos System;

The dark ageing gothic ships glinted in the raw sunlight, it bounced off crenulations and crevices. Massive gargoyles and arches let light bounce around, eventually passing on its merry way through the universe. They hung back from the front line, the interdiction fields caused them a few navigational problems, the one sure re-entry point they knew was right in the ‘killzone’, a purely risky strategy.

The field of battle suddenly levelled off, an alien fleet appearing from nowhere proclaiming identity and provision of aid. They swiftly disappeared, the interdiction no problem, materialising behind these Black Sun offenders.

Their munitions were completely exotic to the Prosperan Navy, this advanced manipulation of gravity was still slightly out of Dead Snow’s grasping fingers. A scavenger mission sure seemed appropriate after this all blew over.

A textdata message had been sent to friendly agents, guidance on navigation of the interdiction field would follow. A direct line to the Terran, Nuclean Ecumene and Elwar forces. Coordination was of upmost importance if victory was to be assured. Hopefully more will follow. This was to be one of many battles to come, and the more the merrier...

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents