NATION

PASSWORD

NS Alternate WW2 (OOC)[OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:42 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: RL Nation
Name of the nation you are playing as: Finland

[the rest of this stuff is apparently irrelevant to RL nations, so I'm leaving it off and giving you this]

Accepted.

Kawaii Seals wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?:Imaginary
Name of the nation you are playing as:Mediterranean Union
The following part is not for RL nations
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs):Greece,Cyprus,Turkey, Lebanon and Syria.
Leader:Cyprus The XIV
Government type (roughly):Monarchic Democracy
Population:10 Million
Army size (realistic!): 2.5 million
History up to the war (briefly!):
The Mediterranean Union was a small trading nation at first but soon grew to a reasonably sized nation known for its wealth and success in the Air Force in past wars.

Accepted.
Last edited by Yatzatz on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Oprain
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Oprain » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:02 am

Yatzatz wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: RL Nation
Name of the nation you are playing as: Finland

[the rest of this stuff is apparently irrelevant to RL nations, so I'm leaving it off and giving you this]

Accepted.

Kawaii Seals wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?:Imaginary
Name of the nation you are playing as:Mediterranean Union
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs):Greece,Cyprus,Turkey, Lebanon and Syria.
Leader:Cyprus The XIV
Government type (roughly):Monarchic Democracy
Population:10 Million
Army size (realistic!): 2.5 million
The Mediterranean Union was a small trading nation at first but soon grew to a reasonably sized nation known for its wealth and success in the Air Force in past wars.

Accepted.

2.5 million soldiers with a 10 million population?

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:04 am

Oprain wrote:
Yatzatz wrote:Accepted.

Accepted.

2.5 million soldiers with a 10 million population?

Oops, missed that. Yeah, Kawaii, change that to at most 100,000.
Hi!
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:05 am

so um can I say that Mao was killed during the long march or does it have to be a coup

Kawaii Seals
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kawaii Seals » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:12 am

done
Hi there person looking at their object with glass! I'm Kawaii Seals, most times the Mediterranean Union in Role Plays on this website's forums.

Right now I'm at a break away from this website so please ask questions later
Thx, Kawaii Seals

I love Alternate History Roleplays and Real World Map Roleplays as well.

Im very active here as well but don't count me on it.

Weird Quotes I've Said
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Kawaii Seals wrote:When you wanna take all dat SWEET OIL from the middle east but you know the USA will murder you

Kawaii Seals wrote:*Pokes it*

Yep its definitely dead.

Killed by a WW2 RP they say.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:24 am

Strala wrote:so um can I say that Mao was killed during the long march or does it have to be a coup

Yeah, he can be killed.
Are you planning on helping the Communist uprising in the Phillipines? That could be big, and might help them resist the US for a bit.
Hi!

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 am

Philippine is still a colony of the US and any uprising will be put down unless the Communists could perform a successful guerrilla campaign like the ones in Vietnam.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:36 am

Union Princes wrote:Philippine is still a colony of the US and any uprising will be put down unless the Communists could perform a successful guerrilla campaign like the ones in Vietnam.

Yup. The US has already sent 200,000 troops, and will send more if they have to. That said, if Communist China joins in, it would make it more difficult for the US, and they might make a deal.
Hi!

Greater Kalos
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Kalos » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 am

Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: NS nation
Name of the nation you are playing as: The Dominion of Greater Kalos
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): For the purposes of this RP (and still keeping with the general theme of my nations lore) Kalos could take the island of Madagascar if that works (though it would be a lot more developed than the OTL country)
Leader: Aurelian V
Government type (roughly): Authoritarian Imperial Republic
Population: 50 million
Army size (realistic!): 2 million active duty, 3 million reserves
History up to the war (briefly!): Kalos was a Byzantine breakaway state of separatists, refugees, and pilgrims, who sought to create a Hellenic/Stoic revivalist state after the conquest of Constantinople by the Ottoman Turks in 1453. Through the following centuries, Kalos built itself up as an authoritarian, but relatively liberal (compared to absolutist Europe in this time period) modernist state, which became increasingly dogmatic and militaristic as European imperialism around the world increased. Several wars were fought to keep its independence during the European scramble for Africa, making Kalos more and more nationalistic. Kalos fought on the side of the Central Powers during WWI, as they believed that the expansionist, Africa focused British Empire needed to be contained as much as possible. Though the Central Powers lost the war, Kalos was able to grind Entente forces to a halt in East Africa, and was able to sign a white-peace agreement with the allied powers, avoiding the punitive fates of the rest of the CP nations. Nevertheless, revanchism is high in Kalos, though they are hesitant to ally themselves with extremist powers on either side of the political divide.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:13 am

Wait do we have co-ops yet?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Travencore
Attaché

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Travencore » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:51 am

Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: NS Nation
Name of the nation you are playing as: Travencore
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): An island west of Portugal roughly two thirds the size of Spain
Leader: King Benjamin Dawson
Government type (roughly): Monarchy
Population: 15 million
Army size (realistic!): Active Duty: 5,50,000 Reserve: 2,50,000
Naval warships: 30
Air Force: 40 warplanes (includes bombers and fighters)
History up to the war (briefly!): Really not much. But Travencore happens to incline a little too much to Nazi Germany since both the nations have good economic and military relationship. Travencore never supported the Weimar Treaty that ended the First World War and lead Germany into an economic crisis.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:01 am

Greater Kalos wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: NS nation
Name of the nation you are playing as: The Dominion of Greater Kalos
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): For the purposes of this RP (and still keeping with the general theme of my nations lore) Kalos could take the island of Madagascar if that works (though it would be a lot more developed than the OTL country)
Leader: Aurelian V
Government type (roughly): Authoritarian Imperial Republic
Population: 50 million
Army size (realistic!): 2 million active duty, 3 million reserves
History up to the war (briefly!): Kalos was a Byzantine breakaway state of separatists, refugees, and pilgrims, who sought to create a Hellenic/Stoic revivalist state after the conquest of Constantinople by the Ottoman Turks in 1453. Through the following centuries, Kalos built itself up as an authoritarian, but relatively liberal (compared to absolutist Europe in this time period) modernist state, which became increasingly dogmatic and militaristic as European imperialism around the world increased. Several wars were fought to keep its independence during the European scramble for Africa, making Kalos more and more nationalistic. Kalos fought on the side of the Central Powers during WWI, as they believed that the expansionist, Africa focused British Empire needed to be contained as much as possible. Though the Central Powers lost the war, Kalos was able to grind Entente forces to a halt in East Africa, and was able to sign a white-peace agreement with the allied powers, avoiding the punitive fates of the rest of the CP nations. Nevertheless, revanchism is high in Kalos, though they are hesitant to ally themselves with extremist powers on either side of the political divide.

Woah, 50 million people in Madagascar? Africa had less than 175 million people in 1936. Significantly lower the population.

Andsed wrote:Wait do we have co-ops yet?

Not yet. Maybe later.

Travencore wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: NS Nation
Name of the nation you are playing as: Travencore
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): An island west of Portugal roughly two thirds the size of Spain
Leader: King Benjamin Dawson
Government type (roughly): Monarchy
Population: 15 million
Army size (realistic!): Active Duty: 5,50,000 Reserve: 2,50,000
Naval warships: 30
Air Force: 40 warplanes (includes bombers and fighters)
History up to the war (briefly!): Really not much. But Travencore happens to incline a little too much to Nazi Germany since both the nations have good economic and military relationship. Travencore never supported the Weimar Treaty that ended the First World War and lead Germany into an economic crisis.

Erm, your army size is 550 thousand or 5.5 million? If the first, accepted. If the second, NO.
Last edited by Yatzatz on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:10 am

I just realized that, unless someone takes Sweden, I will have no neighbors.
Whoops.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:14 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:I just realized that, unless someone takes Sweden, I will have no neighbors.
Whoops.

First, you have Northern Poland across the Gulf of Finland.
Second, the Soviet Union is an NPC.
And third, unless someone claims it, Sweden is also an NPC for now.
Hi!

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Yatzatz wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:I just realized that, unless someone takes Sweden, I will have no neighbors.
Whoops.

First, you have Northern Poland across the Gulf of Finland.

I was discounting the NPCs from the count.
I, uh, also didn't know Finland had parts of Poland. I'm not going to say no, though, since the alternative is either PvE roleplaying (which, admittedly, I've done before) or becoming a major naval power (Vikings or no, that isn't happening without severely altering history).

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:48 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Yatzatz wrote:First, you have Northern Poland across the Gulf of Finland.

I was discounting the NPCs from the count.
I, uh, also didn't know Finland had parts of Poland. I'm not going to say no, though, since the alternative is either PvE roleplaying (which, admittedly, I've done before) or becoming a major naval power (Vikings or no, that isn't happening without severely altering history).

Wait, NO! That's not what I meant! One if the countries on here is called "Northern Poland" and he claimed most of the Baltic states, including Estonia. So, he's across the Gulf of Finland.
So maybe I should have said "First, there is have Northern Poland across the Gulf of Finland."
Hi!

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:58 pm

Yatzatz wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:I was discounting the NPCs from the count.

Wait, NO! That's not what I meant!

TOO LATE!
*evil laugh*

In all seriousness, I'll probably either do what Finland historically did, or come up with a variation of that.
...I just had an idea. A terrible, horrible, awful idea. :twisted:

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:02 pm

Yatzatz wrote:Wait, NO! That's not what I meant!

TOO LATE!
*evil laugh*

In all seriousness, I'll probably either do what Finland historically did, or come up with a variation of that.

Wait are you saying your going to claim Poland or what I am confused.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Yatzatz wrote:Wait, NO! That's not what I meant!

TOO LATE!
*evil laugh*

Erm...
Uhh...
Well...
Please tell me I'm not going to come back and see that you secretly had nukes and nuked Vilnius or something.
Hi!

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:14 pm

I think he's gonna invade Sweden. Or going Communist thought that's very ahistorical.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Andsed wrote:Wait are you saying your going to claim Poland or what I am confused.

No. I was making a joke.
Yatzatz wrote:Erm...
Uhh...
Well...
Please tell me I'm not going to come back and see that you secretly had nukes and nuked Vilnius or something.

No, I'm probably not going to be a nuclear power.
Union Princes wrote:I think he's gonna invade Sweden. Or going Communist thought that's very ahistorical.

I can assure you that my plans include neither.

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:09 pm

Yatzatz wrote:
Strala wrote:so um can I say that Mao was killed during the long march or does it have to be a coup

Yeah, he can be killed.
Are you planning on helping the Communist uprising in the Phillipines? That could be big, and might help them resist the US for a bit.

I would get crushed. Currently I'm in Ya'an since this is semi-historical. The nationalists are still in power of most of China, but I could send a company, or do I say that I own all of China
Last edited by Strala on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:24 pm

Hey guys, please add dates in you post so the timeline could be consistent.

Atrat
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atrat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: Imaginary
Name of the nation you are playing as: Kingdom of Morocco
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): Morocco, Algeria, Mauritania, Western Sahara, Tunisia, Mali
Leader: Mohammed V
Government type (roughly): Absolute Monarchy
Population: 30 million
Army size (realistic!): 1 million (under development and militarization)
After the 1912 Treaty of Fes in which Germany (or its equivalent in the RP) ceded Morocco to the French. However, they began supplying Moroccan nationalist with weapons and money to fight the French. In 1923, the French picked Mohammed V to become Sultan because they believed him to be more compliant in rule. Mohammed waited until the time was right, and took advantage of the French economic crash of 1928 and overthrew the occupation with support of the French-trained Royal Army and German-armed Nationalist rebels. By 1930, the French and Spanish had given up the country in return for reparations. Over the next 6 years, similar events in Algeria, Mali, the Western Sahara, Tunisia, and Mauritania occurred with the support of the Royal Moroccan Army and German weapons. Each colony joined in the Kingdom of Morocco and was delegated a certain amount of power to maintain control for the Sultan while easing nationalist tension.

Expansion of the Kingdom is in demand as more Africans and Arabs seek independence and freedom from the European powers.

(Mohammed V actually a very charming and incredible monarch, look him up if you get a chance, did a lot of research on him for this and was very impressed)

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Atrat wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: Imaginary
Name of the nation you are playing as: Kingdom of Morocco
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): Morocco, Algeria, Mauritania, Western Sahara, Tunisia, Mali
Leader: Mohammed V
Government type (roughly): Absolute Monarchy
Population: 30 million
Army size (realistic!): 1 million (under development and militarization)
After the 1912 Treaty of Fes in which Germany (or its equivalent in the RP) ceded Morocco to the French. However, they began supplying Moroccan nationalist with weapons and money to fight the French. In 1923, the French picked Mohammed V to become Sultan because they believed him to be more compliant in rule. Mohammed waited until the time was right, and took advantage of the French economic crash of 1928 and overthrew the occupation with support of the French-trained Royal Army and German-armed Nationalist rebels. By 1930, the French and Spanish had given up the country in return for reparations. Over the next 6 years, similar events in Algeria, Mali, the Western Sahara, Tunisia, and Mauritania occurred with the support of the Royal Moroccan Army and German weapons. Each colony joined in the Kingdom of Morocco and was delegated a certain amount of power to maintain control for the Sultan while easing nationalist tension.

Expansion of the Kingdom is in demand as more Africans and Arabs seek independence and freedom from the European powers.

(Mohammed V actually a very charming and incredible monarch, look him up if you get a chance, did a lot of research on him for this and was very impressed)

All your territory except Mororoco and western Sahara clashes with mine. Can you just be Mororoco?
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents