NATION

PASSWORD

The rise of the imperial Katsur (OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Katsur
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

The rise of the imperial Katsur (OOC)

Postby Katsur » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:17 pm

The interior political climate in Katsur has reached an all time low following the ascending of hyper-nationalist strongwoman Anna Sabilline to general of the royal guard. Most political decisions had deteriorated into screaming matches between the Royal Council and Anna Sabilline. As a relatively isolated island in the middle of the pacific ocean, not many news leave the borders aside from occasional gossip magazines making fun of her Majesty Crown Princess Lucy.

Therefore it came as a big surprise to many that an article was suddenly trending worldwide. Perhaps just as suspicious, the journalist responsible for said article was found dead in his apartment in England the day after writing the article with a large chunk missing. The newspaper retaliated by using every resource in their power to ensure everyone will see the article. Your nation has just discovered it by this point.

Anna Sabilline, the modern Napoleon of Katsur?
Disagreements between the Royal Council and the strongwoman Anna Sabilline might threaten the geopolitical stability. For the uninformed, the Royal Guard of Katsur is not only the military but is responsible for all emergency care and the dominant police force.

Anna Sabilline was shown storming out in anger, after the royal council refused raising the guards wage to match the average of Dukes. Below is an interview

Why do you think the royal guard should earn more?
Anna Sabilline: "The royal guard is doing everything in Katsur, it's only natural that we are making the most money."
According to statistics the military budget as well as amount of guards have been on the rise since the pink years reaching levels of rapid militarization that haven't seen since World War 2. Why is that?
Anna Sabilline: "Her Majesty is an immature child that is prone to temper tantrums and irresponsible behavior. A civil uprising is inevitable."

If I recall correctly, the last civil uprising was partly caused by your protest movement. Are you saying that you would be doing a better job ruling than her highness?
Anna Sabilline:" I'm a mere servant of people's need. She is the queen."
Suppose a civil war would not arrive, what purpose would a militarized Katsur serve in a time of peace?
"Religion is a disease that must be eliminated. It is necessary to keep the national interest to spread our values."
That didn't answer the question, is Katsur declaring war on religion?
(A note from the editors: The article was rendered incomplete as the author was found dead. This article is published in his memory.)

This is the IC intro to a MT-PMT world war thread I'm planning.

Official alignments as per this thread

Pro Anna Sabilline:
Anti Anna Sabilline: Lethen, Hinodia, The South Falls, RoC
Pro Lucy: Lethen, New Mushroom Kingdom, RoC
Anti Lucy:
Anti-katsur: Exodian
Anti Katsurish monarchy:
Pro Katsurish monarchy: Hinodia, New Mushroom Kingdom, RoC
Switzerlanders: Robosia,

RULES
No godmodding
No Meta-Gaming
No number-wanking
No one-liners
No nukes or similar WMD
State a national alignment or political stance in the conflict. Lying and changing sides is acceptable within reason.

IC: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=433383
Last edited by Katsur on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Q&A thread
Katsur is going to war?

Please read the factbook, explanation of the flag can be found there as well. Protip, the flag was entirely Crown Princess Lucy's idea and was personally commissioned by her. There's also a travel guide for tourists!

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:20 pm

/tag
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:25 pm

tag

The Raven Corporation- A Multi-National Corporation ... Not a Nation

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:50 pm

A brawl is surely brewing. It's on!
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Is it possible to make an IC post now? I can hardly wait! All this, lining up... oh man!
I’m listening to the audio of the Battlefront 2 trailer while thinking of what to put my post, and I think I’ve just... had a nerdgasm. (Please don’t ban me for saying this mods)

Crysuko wrote:A brawl is surely brewing. It's on!

Ain’t gonna be no rematch, brother! Ain’t gonna be no rematch!
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Tag.
Leader Anthem Overview
An alternate universe Letheny - where the monarchy never lost its power.

A 14 civilization, according to this index.
Current Year: 2017
Tech level: MT
We don't use NS stats!
IC Q&A Thread - Koningsplatz Alliance
TG me if you wanna talk, RP, or do whatever!
Lethen INA: Victory in Tel Aviv! Jerusalem within reach! Pro-Crusader assault on Isratine going very well | Raaagh! The Viking Age: Lethen sailors confiscate capital from the con-artists leading Japan in a nostalgic callback to our medieval forefathers

Katsur
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Katsur » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:23 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:Is it possible to make an IC post now? I can hardly wait! All this, lining up... oh man!
I’m listening to the audio of the Battlefront 2 trailer while thinking of what to put my post, and I think I’ve just... had a nerdgasm. (Please don’t ban me for saying this mods)

Crysuko wrote:A brawl is surely brewing. It's on!

Ain’t gonna be no rematch, brother! Ain’t gonna be no rematch!

Go ahead and post YN's reactions, this thread might as well be repurposed into the OOC thread in the nearest future :)
Q&A thread
Katsur is going to war?

Please read the factbook, explanation of the flag can be found there as well. Protip, the flag was entirely Crown Princess Lucy's idea and was personally commissioned by her. There's also a travel guide for tourists!

Autarchist Hinodia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Autarchist Hinodia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Also tagging.
Imperial Autarchy of Hinodia"Lux Invicta!"
National Factbooks | Tech Level: Early Post Modern | Civilization Level: 13.7
A federation in Northeast Asia born from the flames of rebellion against an empire, Hinodia is currently led by a military dictatorship. Once a weak and isolationist state, it now moves to consolidate its position as Asia's dominant military power.

The Elysian Sun: RECONSTRUCTION IN SINA|Following the events of the Summer War and the annexation of Sina’s coastal regions, repairs to Sina’s infrastructure and the distribution of food to Sinan civilians is proceeding as planned under military supervision. Meanwhile, rumors of strange construction in the deserted western regions abound...

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Is there an IC?
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Lethen Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lethen Empire » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:26 pm

Autarchist Hinodia wrote:Also tagging.

Man, we're practically battle buddies at this point
Leader Anthem Overview
An alternate universe Letheny - where the monarchy never lost its power.

A 14 civilization, according to this index.
Current Year: 2017
Tech level: MT
We don't use NS stats!
IC Q&A Thread - Koningsplatz Alliance
TG me if you wanna talk, RP, or do whatever!
Lethen INA: Victory in Tel Aviv! Jerusalem within reach! Pro-Crusader assault on Isratine going very well | Raaagh! The Viking Age: Lethen sailors confiscate capital from the con-artists leading Japan in a nostalgic callback to our medieval forefathers

Autarchist Hinodia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Autarchist Hinodia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:27 pm

Lethen Empire wrote:
Autarchist Hinodia wrote:Also tagging.

Aye, twas the point of my joining. Well, besides preserving Pacific hegemony...But you get the idea.
Last edited by Autarchist Hinodia on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial Autarchy of Hinodia"Lux Invicta!"
National Factbooks | Tech Level: Early Post Modern | Civilization Level: 13.7
A federation in Northeast Asia born from the flames of rebellion against an empire, Hinodia is currently led by a military dictatorship. Once a weak and isolationist state, it now moves to consolidate its position as Asia's dominant military power.

The Elysian Sun: RECONSTRUCTION IN SINA|Following the events of the Summer War and the annexation of Sina’s coastal regions, repairs to Sina’s infrastructure and the distribution of food to Sinan civilians is proceeding as planned under military supervision. Meanwhile, rumors of strange construction in the deserted western regions abound...

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:36 pm

I mena, myself and Exodia have been dying to get a crack at each other for a while so there's more than one rivalry at work
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:04 pm

Crysuko wrote:I mena, myself and Exodia have been dying to get a crack at each other for a while so there's more than one rivalry at work

This is beautiful. Not just two but three or maybe even four parties readying for battle.
This is the turning point-

two tiny but immensely powerful island nations preparing to fight to the death for their ideology to arise or even just survive in this new territory.

It’s the climax of a novel, the dramatic high point in a poem, the start of Biblical Armageddon- and Katsur is Megiddo.

And this is only the first to come.

Let’s ****ing do this.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:05 pm

TAG
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:
Crysuko wrote:I mena, myself and Exodia have been dying to get a crack at each other for a while so there's more than one rivalry at work

This is beautiful. Not just two but three or maybe even four parties readying for battle.

two tiny but immensely powerful island nations preparing to fight to the death for their ideology to arise or even just survive in this new territory.

It’s the climax of a novel, the dramatic high point in a poem, the start of Biblical Armageddon- and Katsur is Megiddo.

Let’s ****ing do this.

Make that five.
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:28 pm

Robosia wrote:

Let’s ****ing do this.

Make that five.

O.O
:o :O
You too?!

Me and yuo team
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Is it war time?! *Takes carbine off shelf* *Racks it* Let's go!
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:36 pm

grab your ankles and think of your homelands, it's time to emancipate the proleteriat
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:54 pm

Tag. I'm interested.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Crysuko wrote:grab your ankles and think of your homelands, it's time to emancipate the proleteriat

Crysuko: *in Darth Maul voice* “You cannot kill the revolution.”

Exodia: *in Yoda voice* “Fear you, I do not!”
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:15 pm

Crysuko wrote:grab your ankles and think of your homelands, it's time to emancipate the proleteriat

You don't need to fear me for me to destroy you.
mother Crysuko loves her sons
mother Crysuko is not for sale
we'll charge at the enemy, with lead we'll destroy them
mother Crysuko is with us!
Last edited by Crysuko on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

The Republic of Christiandom
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Christiandom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Tag you're it
NEWS:
Nothing of note, Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

According to https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018 this: Tech:6 | Arcane:0 | Influence:7
My shoddy and badly written Factbooks:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_republic_of_christiandom/detail=factbook
Embassy program:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=432574
tl;dr: Christenized Imperium of Man at start of Great Crusade lead by a normal human instead of a psyker.
Yes, this represents(some of) my IRL views.

Anthem
War theme
Alternate War theme
Peace Theme

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Robosia: *General Grievous voice* “Dank or not, you must realize, you are doomed.”
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

The Republic of Christiandom
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Christiandom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Autarchist Hinodia wrote:
Lethen Empire wrote:

Aye, twas the point of my joining. Well, besides preserving Pacific hegemony...But you get the idea.

OI DON'T YOU FORGET ME
NEWS:
Nothing of note, Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

According to https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018 this: Tech:6 | Arcane:0 | Influence:7
My shoddy and badly written Factbooks:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_republic_of_christiandom/detail=factbook
Embassy program:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=432574
tl;dr: Christenized Imperium of Man at start of Great Crusade lead by a normal human instead of a psyker.
Yes, this represents(some of) my IRL views.

Anthem
War theme
Alternate War theme
Peace Theme

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Crysuko wrote:

You don't need to fear me for me to destroy you.
mother Crysuko loves her sons
mother Crysuko is not for sale
we'll charge at the enemy, with lead we'll destroy them
mother Crysuko is with us!

It’s impossible to completely take away firearms from Exodians. They will always have a method to procure them.
It’s impossible to completely separate Exodians from one another. They will always have a method to be with one another.
It’s impossible to completely deprive Exodians of the violent optimism and extreme hope and positivity for victory that makes them who they are. They will always have a method to seize the memes of production.

As long as Exodians are alive, then they will have firearms, they will be in droves, they will be incredibly strong-hearted, and they will be shooting you to utter crumbs of little flesh if you’ve done something to piss them off.

And BOI, HAVE YOU PISSED THEM OFF!
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
#comeandtakeit

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents