NATION

PASSWORD

Islam or Freedom: A Call for Help (OOC |Invite Only )

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Most of the ground forces are held in reserve in case shit hits the fan on the opposite side of the Med again anyway. Dunno what you're afraid of really. :P
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:06 pm

I have noticed a trend with a lot of your new players.... you keep trying to equate NS planet Bob to RL Earth- it doesn’t work haha

The Raven Corporation- A Multi-National Corporation ... Not a Nation

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:07 pm

Raven corps wrote:I have noticed a trend with a lot of your new players.... you keep trying to equate NS planet Bob to RL Earth- it doesn’t work haha

Your canon concept of the universe is not ours.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Last edited by Raven Corps on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Raven corps wrote:That’s historical canon of NS via moderation and common convention of Role players for like the past 10 plus years

And you believe this matters to me because? Your personal canon concept(s) of your universe matters less to me than a grain of sand in the middle of Sahara. You should also consider stopping your threadjack in progress until OP returns.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Raven corps wrote:That’s historical canon of NS via moderation and common convention of Role players for like the past 10 plus years

there's literally no 'canon' about this - you have prototypical attempts to rationalise the enormous NS planet ('hollow earth theory' lol), you have laudable attempts to create a contiguous 'planet' of RPing regions a few years back, but as it stands the only 'canon' is that people do whatever they feel like doing

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Actually... I’ve already explained this as well Mr Major, though with that high post count I’m guessing your a General forum participant. So before you say something wrong let me educate you a bit on Nation States Planetary Canon. About 13 years ago there was a massive effort by a number of players and moderators (most of which do not play anymore) to map the world of Nationstates. Though this effort has been attempted many time after this one during various conventions regarding roleplay guidelines it never quite got finished due to the shear unimaginable scale of the NationsStates Universe (although the best attempt was to have well established regions build a map and then negotiate where which regions met other regions based on canon climate and believe RL culture, etc...)

Though many nations have joined RP regions for landmass continuity and mapping practicality, those nation who RP in an non-exclusive way (such as the failed group Raven had years ago) default to RPing in the mass world of Planet Bob
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Last edited by Raven Corps on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Raven corps wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:And you believe this matters to me because? Your personal canon concept(s) of your universe matters less to me than a grain of sand in the middle of Sahara. You should also consider stopping your threadjack in progress until OP returns.

Threadjacking... in the OOC thread? Lol

Is this irrelevant discussion in any way related to the rp? No? Then cease until OP comes back.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Last edited by Raven Corps on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Raven corps wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Is this irrelevant discussion in any way related to the rp? No? Then cease until OP comes back.

Actually it does have relevance to the RP. Due to the suggested location of the island being in the Pacific Ocean geography is a legitimatetopic of discussion

Qaidi is Libya-Egypt. Did you not know this?
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm

I must have missed that or maybe confusing it with another thread- I will check lol

Edit:
Wait..... Wrong thread hahaha I’ll erase my posts sorry about that Gents
Last edited by Raven Corps on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Hobbeebia wrote:Actually... I’ve already explained this as well Mr Major, though with that high post count I’m guessing your a General forum participant. So before you say something wrong let me educate you a bit on Nation States Planetary Canon. About 13 years ago there was a massive effort by a number of players and moderators (most of which do not play anymore) to map the world of Nationstates. Though this effort has been attempted many time after this one during various conventions regarding roleplay guidelines it never quite got finished due to the shear unimaginable scale of the NationsStates Universe (although the best attempt was to have well established regions build a map and then negotiate where which regions met other regions based on canon climate and believe RL culture, etc...)

Though many nations have joined RP regions for landmass continuity and mapping practicality, those nation who RP in an non-exclusive way (such as the failed group Raven had years ago) default to RPing in the mass world of Planet Bob

Kind thanks for the erudite response! I'm not actually a General forum participant, most of my post count derives from roleplaying forums - the signature should be a dead giveaway. I think the issue might be that a thirteen year gap is a rather large one, and that an effort that more or less nobody on this forum knows of or remembers doesn't quite qualify as canon. The last significant effort I can recall was this one, built around a core of established and upcoming RPing regions, but even then the task was a rather Herculean one, and the primary issue is that a fixed geographic/cartographic effort doesn't quite capture the dynamism that's the essence of RPing communities here - regions and players constantly come and go and interact differently - which means that the consensus has essentially become that anything goes. Nobody quite knows, for example, how Greater Dienstad and Gholgoth co-exist, but their players are most certainly capable of writing things together. At the very least, I'm fairly certain that 'Planet Bob' isn't the accepted nomenclature anymore (or has been for some time)!

(But, as Austria points out, this is an epic threadjack, and I don't want to raise Allanea's ire or he'll stop sending me rousing Russian anthems! Always happy to pick up this conversation elsewhere.)

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 pm

Again.. my mistaken on the thread I was posting in...

Qaidi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Qaidi » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:59 am

Accepted
News: St George Territory to send aid to the Sultanate Remnant - Victores invades Qaidi, Derna has fallen - Allanean representative in hospital, almost died, recovering

Al-Habanah International Airport
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Just a brief post to move things along a bit. I will wait for Qaidi before doing anything very consequential.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:15 pm

And now I do nothing. Well at least until Qaidi comes back. :3

MT/MagicT

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Greetings, comrade Qaidi.

I've thought of some questions, and maybe you can help.

1. How well is QPRA equipped?
2. Is there a map regarding what organizations control what land?
3. How does QPRA fund its operations? Does it control any industrial assets, oil refineries, ports?
4. How well-trained are QPRA troops/guerrillas? Do they have any training camps or facilities?
5. Does QPRA have an array of bureaucracy/institutions to control its territory (radio stations, publishing houses, newsletters, tax collectors)?
6. Does QPRA use suicide bombings (stereotypically I know that people think only Muslim organizations, but it is not actually true. In the real world, suicide bombings are used extensively by Marxist, Hindu nationalist, and other groups) ?
7. In the territory controlled by QPRA, is the group popular?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Republic of Christiandom
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Christiandom » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:34 am

Never mind, I'll lurk around.
Last edited by The Republic of Christiandom on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
NEWS:
Nothing of note, Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

According to https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018 this: Tech:6 | Arcane:0 | Influence:7
My shoddy and badly written Factbooks:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_republic_of_christiandom/detail=factbook
Embassy program:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=432574
tl;dr: Christenized Imperium of Man at start of Great Crusade lead by a normal human instead of a psyker.
Yes, this represents(some of) my IRL views.

Anthem
War theme
Alternate War theme
Peace Theme

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:58 am

The Republic of Christiandom wrote:Nation Name:
Theocratic Republic of Christendom
Side:
The UDC [ ]
The People's Coalition [ ]
The National Alliance [ ]
The Sharia Coalition [ ]
The Sultanate Remnant [X]

ORBAT:
50 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers(Armed with FN FALs)
5000 Marines(M16a1s)
20 M1a2 MBT
1 Infantry Suppression Variant Baneblade

Is this literally a Warhammer 40k baneblade or some MT variant?

Also, how do these five thousand men intend to arrive in the country and resupply themselves with food and ammunition?

Are there any other vehicles other than the Abrams tanks? Inquiring minds want to know.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:20 am

Any possible word on when Qaidi would get a post up? I'm just waiting for a reply to my last post before I start getting boots on the ground.
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

The Republic of Christiandom
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Christiandom » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 am

Allanea wrote:
The Republic of Christiandom wrote:Nation Name:
Theocratic Republic of Christendom
Side:
The UDC [ ]
The People's Coalition [ ]
The National Alliance [ ]
The Sharia Coalition [ ]
The Sultanate Remnant [X]

ORBAT:
50 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers(Armed with FN FALs)
5000 Marines(M16a1s)
20 M1a2 MBT
1 Infantry Suppression Variant Baneblade

Is this literally a Warhammer 40k baneblade or some MT variant?

Also, how do these five thousand men intend to arrive in the country and resupply themselves with food and ammunition?

Are there any other vehicles other than the Abrams tanks? Inquiring minds want to know.

MT Variant.
Also
Wait
Shit I meant 500.
I kinda rushed through this thing while in between classes.

EDIT: You know what? I think it'll be better if I just lurk.
Last edited by The Republic of Christiandom on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
NEWS:
Nothing of note, Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

According to https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018 this: Tech:6 | Arcane:0 | Influence:7
My shoddy and badly written Factbooks:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_republic_of_christiandom/detail=factbook
Embassy program:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=432574
tl;dr: Christenized Imperium of Man at start of Great Crusade lead by a normal human instead of a psyker.
Yes, this represents(some of) my IRL views.

Anthem
War theme
Alternate War theme
Peace Theme

Paleocacher
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paleocacher » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:48 pm

Is the RP ready?
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature
President Clark greets you and invites you to read his factbooks.
The Armed Republic has a large MT/PMT military based off of the current French and American militaries in organization and equipment.

Victores
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Victores » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Paleocacher wrote:Is the RP ready?

We started, but then Qaidi had to do something so Allanea is running for now.
AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Victores wrote:
Paleocacher wrote:Is the RP ready?

We started, but then Qaidi had to do something so Allanea is running for now.

I am? o.0
#HyperEarthBestEarth

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents