NATION

PASSWORD

Post-Cold War RP (IC) (Sign-up required)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ultramarine
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarine » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 pm

The news of the Allyrian Invasion of its own lands was of very little concern in the nation of Ultramarine. But this news of insurgents ready to take on a greater power suggested something that would allow them a way into the political minefield of the world. Through the use of back channels and other secretive means the Ultramarinian government quickly moved to secure the lives of several insurgent commanders from the islands not yet occupied by the Allyrian army. The men of the Blue Berets quickly moved to extract the leaders and any of their cells that they could. With that camps were being erected in the large Ultramarine jungle ready to train these insurgents and supply them with 'volunteers' for their cause and a base to strike back at the enemies of the Ultramarine nation. All the while the governments official position would not represent this.

Party Leader Charles moved slowly towards the podium the sound of his cane tapping on the floor echoing throughout the room of the press conference. He was oblivous to the actions of the military currently taking place in the back rooms of the party corridors. Only three party members knew. Jonathan Rack, Amy Amanda and Danielle Schmidt. The painstakingly slow advance of the Party Leader up the three steps to the podium made many reporters nearly fall asleep. But eventually he reached the podium and began to give his statement. "My comrades of the nation of Ultramarine and of the world at large. It is with great happiness that I am pleased to see the Allryian invasion of these rebel islands has been successful without civilian casualties and only rebel. With my full heart I pledge our nations support to the continued control of these islands by the Allryian government and offer my congratulations on their successful and precise strike at the heart of rebellion in their nation. I hope they will continue to thrive as a nation." With that said he turned and began the long procession across the room once more.

United Republic of Lemonsky
Envoy

Founded: Jan 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Lemonsky » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Breaking News!

It was a night to be remembered. After the comments of the Allyrjan Foreign Ministry, the people of Lemonsky have had enough. Nationalistic groups rose up, and went on to pillage Allyrjan communities living in Lemonsky. The police, did little to nothing to stop them. Only in the Capitol, did a battalion of riot police was dispatched to defend an Allyrjan community. Infact, at this moment, the angry parliament in conjunction with the massive anti-Allyrjan protests demanded the resignation of the current government. Most of the Ministers, excluding the Internal Affairs and Defense ministers, resigned, along with the President. According to the Lemonsky constitution, it would be up to the incumbent Prime Minister to govern the Nation. The Prime Minister, a Nationalist in core has said:
"Today, the rotten plague of the Allyrjan scum rages on in the West of our country. That is why we are preparing to deport all Allyrjans to Allyrje, and to deal with the disputed lands in the Kall mountains which the Communists surrendered cowardly, I promise they will be retaken. The pride of the Lemonsky nation will not be reinstated!"
Already changes could be seen. Thousands of Communists were already being arrested, with the National Guard of Lemonsky taking Allyrjan nationals in Lemonsky to interment camps, to protect them from the raging public. The King, Volodymyr XV, was reinstated to his throne, and the Republic of Lemonsky was declared a constitutional Monarchy. The Military moved to the Borders of the Former Lemonsky Province, which was surrendered in a cowardly peace deal. And a new flag, showing old Lemonsky traditions and monarchism was adopted per referendum.

Official Portrait of the King

Protesters attempt to break through a barricade in the Capitol city

Troops of the Lemonsky National Guards stand at attention during their deployment to guard an interment camp

The new flag
Last edited by United Republic of Lemonsky on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allyrije
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Allyrije » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:48 am

The Allyrian Ministry of War has today released the following document.

As per the usual tradition, a military parade is to be organised in Tear to celebrate the victory of our forces over the rebellion. The King will perform his usual role of leading the parade through the city on horseback with the royal family overlooking the St Arya Square in the city's centre from the balconies of Tear's Cathedral. 10,000 troops will be marching through the city's centre.

Unfortunately, this event is overshadowed by the recent events in Lemonsky. Whilst we welcome the reversion of the nation to a constitutional monarchy, we wish to remind them that the independence and lives granted to Karthspiri communities in their nation are to be respected with anything less than that being a crime against all of our nation. We request that the Lemonsky King steps in to quell the violence for unnecessary bloodshed is in no-one interest and we do not wish to have a repetition of previous events. Make no mistake, with or without the approval of the Magisterium the Thangail Révine will not hesitate to protect those of our blood. There are many families of Lemonsky culture and ethnicity living in Allyria, we ask you to consider their welfare before you continue on your current trajectory.

The final issue discussed in this memo will be that relating to national security. In parliament, the Recovery League (comprised of military members who sit in parliament alongside elected representatives) will be pushing for increased fortifications of the mountainous areas in Allyria's east, along the border until the current situation in Lemonsky has quietened down. This is not a hostile action but merely one aimed at deterring any of the violence from spilling over.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Lemonsky » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:16 am

The Lemonsky King welcomed such change. In memory of his grandfather, King Rozumov the IX, who married a cousin of then Allyran King Ravín II. The King appeared on independence Square with a speech:

"Dear countrymen. The current violence initiated by some members of our nation has been suppressed by reinforced units of the National Police. The Prime Minister has agreed to review the situation, and if there is no exit to the chaos he has caused, he will be held responsible for disrupting constitutional order. We cannot walk around a nation filled with gangsters and fascist revolutionaries. Our ancestors would be ashamed of such misconduct. To prevent any more reactionary-fascist elements from destroying the sovereignty of the Lemonsky Kingdom and destroying our pride, I have used my royal prerogative empowered to me by the new constitution to dismiss the parliament and call on new elections. The Prime Minister has agreed to withdraw troops of the National Guard from the Kall mountains, and instead, use the forces to enforce constitutional order. No more shall the people suffer from liberal fifth-columnists and anarchist terrorists who will attempt to destroy the re-born nation! Long Live the Lemonskian Kingdom!"

As the last words came out of the King's mouth, he was received with a massive applause. The people began cheering and committed a march down Independence Square to the Parliament Building to cheer out the dismissed members. Some of them, especially members of the Communist Party were hissed at, and one of them was even thrown into a garbage trolley. New national Parliament and Presidential elections were scheduled, with the King filling in for the position of Head of State, and the Incumbent Prime Minister as head of Government.

Vitaly Yaremov, the Communist MP who was dumped in a bin

Rally at Independence Square
Last edited by United Republic of Lemonsky on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Earthbound Immortal Squad
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Earthbound Immortal Squad » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:34 am

After the events in Lemonsky the Omicron parliament will now have a vote to decide if we should intervene or stay put.
Merry Christmas!

Xcom Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Xcom Federation » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:02 am

The Xcom Federation looks on at the rise of tensions with worrying eyes, a repeat of the cold war seemed imminent.
Project on every TV screen in the Federation and in the Capital city of XCOM, Unity Prime.

Commander Terrence Bradford spoke to the worried nation.
"Citizens of the Great Xcom Federation, we have endured much throughout history. But it is through Strength we shall prevail! we endured hardships and defended our lands from those who seek to do us harm! We managed to rebuild our cities, our industries turning our once weak nation into a powerhouse! Our proud armed forces are one of the world's best! Unfortunately! While we lived in a period of peace and prosperity and if I may call it our golden age. But alas the winds of war are upon us! Our strength is now being tested. These are dire times the Nation needs to come closer together and we will prevail!"
"Parabellum!" Saluting the crowd
The speech ended with whoops and cheers from the crowd as the military parade begins showing off their new tanks the MK7 Chariot and aircraft the XF-160 Raven Interceptors.

As the parade goes on Commander Bradford met with his top officials and generals.
The main topic was, of course, the troubles in lemonsky.
"We should support the new monarchy but side with our Allyrian allies to protect each nation's citizens and cultures." secretary of state Allan Trunch suggested.
"I Agree with the secretary of state we are already putting suspected communist sympathizers on watch lists and we have agents all over the world that we can use. They have already collected a huge amount of intelligence data. But I would recommend on activating Task Force Raven and reenact the XCOM initiative." The head of the XF Covert Operations Agency Joseph Lim added.
"So ms Keanice do you have any objections to any of this? Reactivating XCOM would be very costly." Looking at the Chairwomen of the XF central bank
"Not at all Commander our economic output has increased drastically over this few years and our expenditures have not grown by much, less and less people need welfare as well our investments and not to mention sale of arms and equipment have definitely helped, as much as I disapprove of war commander, We have more than enough to support our upcoming projects with a huge surplus."
-More talking-
"Alright the council has come to an agreement Task Force Raven and the XCOM initiative are in effect. 500 million shall be allocated for Task Force Raven and an injection of 30 Billion credits for the XCOM initiative. With that, the meeting was adjourned.
Last edited by Xcom Federation on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regard
Jon Bradford

Jon Bradford
CEO
Xcom Engineering

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Lemonsky » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:03 am

The Lemonsky Attache in Omicron would like to remind that any action against Lemonsky, be it foreign intervention or domestic espionage, without consent from the Lemonsky Government will be seen as a provocation and in certain cases, an act of war.

Allyrije
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Allyrije » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:45 am

For the past few years, whilst still averaging an impressive growth of around 4.5% per annum, the growth of Allyria's 5 biggest companies, all hydrocarbon producers and exporters, had been flagging due to the dropping prices. It seems that today, they have begun to be viewed as not only flagging but overvalued. This has been the view of many for these past few years which is one of the main reasons for the government's recent drive to diversify Allyria's economy with some success, increasing non-resource producing sectors (such as services and industry) to almost 50% of Allyria's GDP.

However, this appears to have not been enough to reduce market saturation. With the recent events in Lemonsky and across the world and with global oil prices still falling due to slower growth in demand, the Allyrian Markets appear to have had enough. With the announcement that the long-standing CEO of Royal Alfelenor Oil was to be standing down, the markets began panic selling shares in the company. Panic selling quickly spread to other hydrocarbon producers and exporters. This caused a huge overall drop in the market, spiking even more panic selling of shares in areas such as Agriculture and Mining.

Altogether, 20 billion sovereigns (24 billion NS dollars) has been wiped from the Allyrian economy throughout the day with the stock market falling almost 1000 points. The government is expected to cut both spending and taxes in response as well as ramp up economic diversification drives to limit the effects of future crashes. Whilst these companies have been severely damaged, it remains to be seen if any will collapse entirely.

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:45 am

Rebellion in the Pan-Asiatic States!
Martial Law Declared But Civillian Govt. Still Functions
Theme

On the 13th of June, the massive arms stockpile clandestinely held by the equally secretive and rebellious reactionary, Anti-Communist coalition of factions known as the Neo-Kuomintang began a siege of Sapporo City, in Hokkaido, Japan. The Pan-Asiatic States Armed Forces were caught by surprise as fusion-powered military-grade rifles disintegrated many of the defending soldiers.

In response to this, the 11th Frontier Army quickly mobilized their T-10 Armata Tanks, yet to no avail. The phalanx defensive was eventually broken at exactly 10:00 PM +NMST last night. The Armed Forces are currently convening to launch a bigger, bulkier counter-offensive, complete with a full-scale airborne counter-invasion of Hokkaido. Tactical Bombings have also commenced as of today, and Sukhoi Bombers are engaging several known rebel encampments pushing beyond the conflict zone.

Rumors are spreading that this attack may have been orchestrated by an external and/or internal force due to the sheer technological firepower brought by the Neo-Kuomintang insurgents. For now, the Federal Government has issued Marital Law all across Japan to contain the Pro-Capitalist riots which have left many injured, and some dead.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Union of Lesser Soviet Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Lesser Soviet Republics » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:13 am

Building of the Supreme Soviet, Muskovia, Siberian LSR
6:45 PM

The news of the terror attacks, riots and insurgency had placed the Supreme Soviet in a perilous position. They knew that extremists, especially Islamic groups in the Central Asian republics, would be emboldened by the recent attacks and will attempt their own to fulfill their varying goals. Eventually, they decided to send in troops to areas of the Union where such acts of terrorism were likely to occur. The police were also given military surplus equipment as a precautionary measure.
No, I don't have a 100% tax rate nor do I support it

Semi-Active

Liberxas
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberxas » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:52 am

LIBERXAS NEWS ASSOCIATION

"The Fortree War of Independence has come to a strange and adrupt stop today. Authorities claim to have reached an agreement with one another, but many suspect Fortree was threatened with nuclear or biological weapons. This would explain why Fortree was so suddenly prone to surrender.
I am Laura White, and I will continue to keep you updated as we learn more"

Executive Building, Pulchrit, Liberxas

"Well, almost." President Eris commented, looking around the room full of Political Advisors, Generals, and his Vice President; Arnold Lye. "Not exactly nukes or bio-weapons. Fire bombs" he said. "It doesn't matter that they are wrong," states Head General and Former President Taylor, "They think they are right. So now because of this 'news' report the theory will go viral." "And how do you suppose we combat it?" Somebody Unimportant to the Plot asks, answered by the President "We can only deny it and hope we're believed. Next order of business."
"It-" "We WILL open ourselves up to the world. Just like during the Cold War!" Loudly interrupted Taylor. "Our you insane!?" Responded Eris. "We have reaffirmed control of Liberxas against reformists, we have stopped Fortree, and we have almost recovered our military! I didn't mold Liberxas into a world power to simply go hermit again!" "We still need time to repair!" "I could hold a coup. I have support of most political parties, the military, even Fortree." "Are you threatening me with acts of treason?" "Not restoring Liberxas is an act of treason."

Earthbound Immortal Squad
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Earthbound Immortal Squad » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:14 am

With the events in Allyria's stock market recently there has been a decline in the Omicron economy as a result diplomats have been sent to Allyria to attempt to resolve this situation.
Merry Christmas!

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:20 am

Earthbound immortal squad wrote:With the events in Allyria's stock market recently there has been a decline in the Omicron economy as a result diplomats have been sent to Allyria to attempt to resolve this situation.

The Sixth Administration offers to subsidise local industry to temporarily bridge this crash, in exchange for military supplies and/or direct intervention. The better the aid, the greater the subsidy that will be provided.
Last edited by Pan-Asiatic States on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Allyrije
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Allyrije » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:10 am

The day of the Great Parade had arrived. At 9:00 AM sharp, 10,000 troops began to march through the city. The first song played was the Afhe (Riverland) March. The crowds, who had gathered in their hundreds of thousands in St Arya Square, Tear, began cheering fervently. Filling the city with cries of the traditional Allyrian battle cry, "Fril min Drott, min erlth" (For my monarch, my life). The energy was present through the streets of Allyria's old Capital as flag-waving ensued and only continued to pick up. Despite the worsening situation, the hopes of the people remained high.

However, something odd had begun to occur. Not only were troops leaving their barracks outside of Tear to enter the parade, but soldiers had begun to leave their Barracks across the whole of Allyria.

Soon after, tanks were on the streets of Kal'Dovaat; the capital. Blocking off the roads out of the city, setting up a no-fly zone to prevent planes from leaving the city. Despite this, the parade in Tear continued as expected. The King led the parade from the front with the Royal family waving to the crowds from the balconies of the ancient Tear Cathedral.

Military Jets and Helicopters took flight over Kal'Dovaat. The motives for which were soon revealed. Soldiers, dressed in their combat uniforms, entered Parliament and grappled down from the Helicopters. Tanks cordoned off Parliament Square to prevent on-lookers from catching a glimpse of the events.

At that point, Parliament was holding an emergency session on the state of the economy. This session was abruptly interrupted. Soldiers burst into the Chamber and the Military members of the Parliament left the chamber abruptly. The Military declared Parliament dissolved on the orders of the King with all non-national front MPs to be arrested for treason (despite the National Front being the governing party, they escaped blame for the crash due to it likely being caused by policies inherited from former governments which were yet to be changed).

The motive for the parade was now clear. Not only was it a celebration of Allyrian Military might, it was to kick the Government out of power; to perform a Coup d'etat. Whilst it hasn't yet been acknowledged by the King or Military as such, it has all of the characteristics of such an action. The parades in Tear still continue, and everyone outside of the Capital has no clue as to what just occurred. Only time will tell the story of what, truly, has happened and why.

Liberxas
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberxas » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:55 am

LNA

"President Eris has announced a reopening of Liberxasian borders as Liberxas brings it self back to the world stage. President Eris has requested a meeting with Allyrije to discuss trade, an eventual recreation of the Western Alliance, and ways to possibly boost both our economies as well. He is open to the possibility of trade with fellow nations.He has also announced an increase in powers for the Head General, making them equal in military control to the President. Only time will tell what these changes hold for the future of Liberxas. This is Laura White, signing off." "Until the end of commercial break."

Pulchrit
"Trust me, all we need is to ally Allyrije and get a few trade partners and before ya know it... we've got ourselves back to the top," said Taylor. "I think we need to keep to ourselves, without others dragging us back and putting us to war," responds Eris. "You can't bake a cake without cracking a few eggs." "You can still make icing." "Wait... how do you make icing?"
Last edited by Liberxas on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Lemonsky » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:58 am

Annexation of the Rall Islands

Recently, the task force of the Lemonsky Northern Fleet, lead by the battlecruiser Slavetny landed on the unclaimed 50 square kilometers of the island Rall, located in the Arctic. The landing was preformed by the 78th Naval Infantry Battalion, and once the beachhead was secure, 2 Motorized Infantry Brigades as well as a helicopter squadron were airlifted to the islands. The reasoning behind this annexation was the looming economic Crisis. The King and Prime Minister believed that landing on this island, which had large supplies of chromium, aswell as rare tungsten deposits which promised to enrich the economy. Diamond mines are also rumored to be located somewhere. On the Decree of the King, a military-civil administration was established. Construction of a new city-port began. The city's name was christened as Novo-Polarsk, or New Polar. The local fishing villages, aswell as the town of Kjarovsk welcomed the troops, as they reasoned that finally law and order had come. Construction of industries has already begun. Protection of the island was important, thus the force toatled about 13,000 men, 230 vehichles, 40 helicopters, and 15 ships of the Northern Fleet Task Force which included one battlecrusier, 3 missile cruisers, 5 destroyers, and the rest frigates. In addition, a local territorial defense brigade made up of islanders with Lemonskian descent was formed, bringing the total ammount of manpower to 15 thousand men.

Construction of a mine

Planned concept drawing for the city of Novo-Polarsk

The small town of Kjarovsk
Last edited by United Republic of Lemonsky on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xcom Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Xcom Federation » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:11 am

The economic crisis in Allyria struck the federation shortly after the crash. At first, the dip in oil prices was a mixed blessing as many of Belka's industries relied on oil, with oil prices low their profits could remain high. But for the banks, it was bad news as they have loaned huge amounts of money to the Allyrian energy companies most of whom seemed to be on the verge of bankruptcy. Many companies also have begun to panic as they had an estimated 10 billion credits worth of investments in Allyria and many of which are now struggling to survive.

Citizens also started to withdraw their savings from the bank which prompted the government to step in and declare a bank holiday to prevent banks from collapsing. Restrictions on amount of money allowed to be withdrawn each time were put in place and 5.7 billion credits worth of bailouts and cash injections were poured into the economy in order to stabilize its growth. The only industries not affected by the crisis were the construction and military industries who had recently received a 50 billion credits contract by the government to build new facilities for the Belkian military. The government also offered a cash injection of 1.2 billion credits or 1.24 billion sovereigns to the Nation as financial aid.

The Coup in Allyria also greatly concerned the nation with many unsure of the future stability of the region. But a recent announcement by the foreign ministry has announced that the United Federal Republic of Belka would stand by Allyria and the king. The recent expansion of Lemonsky resulted in mixed feelings within the government as to its knowledge the island was not claimed by any other nation and the place was known to be a significant pirate hideout but it does represent a significant expansion of the influence over the strategic region. The government as of now has given no comment on this issue. Other than dispatching two frigates and an icebreaker to the region to set up an arctic research base 50 miles from the island.

The uprising in what the federation views as an autocratic nation of The Pan-Asiatic States was both surprising and uplifting. Most of the government surported the uprising and approval of the Congress and Council. A secret fund was set up and the shipments of arms and supplies have secretly started to flow into the region using dummy corporations and shipping them from neutral countries to erase their footprints. All operations have been handed over to Atlas International Defense Group. One of the nation's largest privately owned private military corporations.
Last edited by Xcom Federation on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regard
Jon Bradford

Jon Bradford
CEO
Xcom Engineering

Ultramarine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarine » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:47 am

"The worlds gone to pot!" Someone shouted from one of their offices as the three Generals walked down the corridor outside it. They smiled at the panic of the politicians this was nothing to fear. Ultramarine economic decisions were well within limits to secure the economy and any panic was merely that of the people. But there was soon to be a new type of panic forming in the nation. "So you think we should go ahead with it?" One of the Generals whispered to his comrades. They nodded and his complexion went decidedly paler than usual. "Our nation needs strong leadership in the days ahead and I don't see any of it coming from the Party." Came the voice of General Symonds. He smiled as a young woman walked the other way her face confused at the use of the Northern tongue in the Party halls where everyone spoke Southern. "When do we strike?" Came the voice of General Calp. His Northern had the unmistakable taint of being Southern born on it but it was still well learnt. "When can the Northern troops come down?" Symonds asked as he opened an office door and gestured the three men inside. "We already have a Company of Blue Berets in the city and they are supported by those savages we 'liberated' from the Allyrians invasion."
"We could use my airborne forces they can be in the city within a day." The young General Orlov looked at his two comrades who nodded. "I will message the Allyrians and lets them know they are not alone in taking a Coup de'tat against their government. See if we can't get some foreign backing." Symonds said opening his encrypted laptop and starting to type.

Code: Select all
Encrypted Message
        Encryption: HIGH
        Subject: Support

To Whomever is now in charge of the mighty Allyrian nation. This is General Symonds Commander In Chief of the Ultramarine armed forces. Our nations leading Party government has become corrupt and decadent in its old age and we seek to replace it with a much more effective type of government. One that will most likely be supportive to you in the coming days. We intend to strike within the week. What we, myself and my comrades in the military, want to know is if you will support us?

Allyrije
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Allyrije » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:09 am

Serene-General Arja (Presumably named so for the Sainted queen who fought off Islamic invasions of Allyria) Larathar entered the Parliament building. Other than the Monarch, she was the highest-ranking member of the Military and one of the youngest in Allyrian history to achieve such a role. She had a letter in her pocket, crumpled up with the words not written in the Latin alphabet but in traditional Karthspiri script; something usually reserved for official documents or religious texts.

The balcony from Parliament which overlooked Dovaat Square (the capital's centre) had a speaking podium on it, bearing the flag of the military. Stood next to the podium were two senior officers, seemingly waiting for the Serine-General. The tanks which had previously been blocking many of the nation's town squares and main roads had been moved and all roadblocks and no-fly zones had been lifted. The politicians who had enacted the policies which were blamed for the crash had been arrested and only the nationalist and new right politicians remained free due to their government being quite new and having led efforts which mitigated the effects of the crash in recent years.

The parade in Tear had come to a close an hour earlier, with the King having spoken to just the people of Tear, delivering a similar speech to the one Arja was about to, herself, deliver.

She took the podium as she was broadcasted live to huge screens in every city square in Allyria. This is a translation of what she said, "My fellow citizens. There is an anxious atmosphere in the air of our nation. Not just due to our nation's economy having just lost almost 20 billion sovereigns of value in the past few days along with our economy still bleeding, but because of the events of the day. I have decided to be honest with you, my compatriots. Under our constitution, the Military has an obligation to step-in during times of crisis just as our Monarch has a right to dissolve Parliament on a whim. Today, that very thing has happened. Parliament was dissolved with those who promoted policies responsible for the conditions which caused the crash having been arrested and parliament being dissolved. Until our situation stabilises, I will be forming a Military Government with the full permission and commitment of the King."

She pauses for a moment, to allow for her message to sink in. "I understand that there may be some anxiety, but there is nothing to fear. We have been in this situation before and in those situations the military governments were always righteous and fair, obeying our constitution and values to the letter. Whilst we will certainly be stricter than what you are perhaps used to, the constitution will remain in full effect and the state of governmental affairs which we now have found ourselves in will only remain so until our King deems the worst to be behind us. Thank you for your time Allyria."

(Conversations are translated from Allyrian)
She marched back inside, her aides at the side of her, "Ma'am, we have news to report." Said a visibly fatigued aid.

"Do tell Sergeant," replied Arja, visibly tired from the day's events.

"The Lemonskies have invaded the Rall Islands with the intention of establishing colonies and we have a message from Ultramarine," the Sergeant awaited her response patiently.

She led him into the Prime Minister's office where she began to look out of the window, onto the streets of the capital and the great Lake Illinalta in the distance. "Hand me the letter soldier."

He hands it to her hurriedly before she reads, "If I write back, will you be able to translate it into English for me?"

"Yes Ma'am," he replied.

As she began to write, he explained to her the news about the Lemonsky Annexation of the Rall Islands, "If I must act on it, I suppose we could ask the Lemonskies if they'd be willing to accept some sort of joint colony. We can't allow them to have all the fun now, can we?"

Allyrije
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Allyrije » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:13 am

To: The Foreign Ministry of the Kingdom of Lemonsky

Your recent activity in the Kall Islands has demonstrated to the world not only your renewed vigour to get things done but a renewed ability in your people to expand your horizons. We also wish to harness this new potential in our own people. To put it bluntly, we ask if you would be willing to accept Allyrian settlements in the Kall Islands alongside your own, a joint colony. We have much expertise in both mineral extraction and agriculture and with the recent state of our economy, many of those with the aforementioned skills have found themselves out of a job.

Faithfully,
Serene-General Arja Larathar - Acting Prime Minister writing on behalf of the Foreign Ministry

Allyrije
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Allyrije » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:17 am

To: General Calp, Ultramarine Armed Forces
From: Serine-General Arja Larathar - Acting Prime Minister of Allryia
Classification: Highest

A letter was recently delivered to me on the subject of Allyrian support for a coup of your nation's sitting government. Whilst always welcome to the idea of toppling leftist governments, we need to know what it will be replaced with and how Allyrian friendly that government will be. We also wish to know what kind of support you'd like from us in relation to this.

Faithfully,
Serine-General Arja Larathar - Acting Prime Minister of Allyria

Grater Tovakia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 27, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Grater Tovakia » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:36 am

The rapidly Devolving situation in Allyria had everyone in Grater Tovakia's attention now. While the economy had not been hit too hard thanks to proactive micro-investing the ramifications of Allyria becoming a military dictatorship were starting to be felt. Concern was already being raised over how this military government would rule especially after the Napalm bombing of its own citizens but this did not dissuade many from taking the opportunity to buy stock of Allyrian companies while the prices were low which in turn started to infuse some hope that this crash would not drag out. A statement by the president's chief economic advisor called upon investors to "stay bullish" and that the Grater Tovakian economy had never been better. The biggest problem facing the Government right now was how this new Allyrian leadership would treat foreign policy, so the Ambassador to Allyria Noel Jacobs was asked to meet with both the King and General Arja and get a feel for where they stood on foreign policy. The Ambassador then began to type up a message to both the King and the General.

As the ambassador for the Grater Tovakian People, I would like to schedule a meeting for the purposes of clearing the murky waters surrounding the new administration. I would also like to discuss an economic aid package which would assist your economy in recovering from the recent crash. I hope to meet with both of you in the coming days.

Sincerely,
Noel Jacobs, Grater Tovakian Ambassador to Allyria

Noel Jacobs Picture
Never pet a burning dog

Liberxas
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Liberxas » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:26 pm

MESSAGE TO THE UNITED FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELKA

Greetings, I am Head General Steven Taylor of Liberxas. As you know, we have fallen into isolationism ever since The Third Great War. Well that ends now! We are officially leaving the shadows of isolationism.
We had different plans for when we stepped up. But looking at recent events I have decided to contact you.
I have a couple of things to ask of you; firstly, we will need trade partners on the world stage. We'd like you to be the first. It will surely help both our economies.
Secondly, I'm sure your aware of the increase in Monarchism and militarization. It may not seem like much now, but look at what happened last time. Millions of innocent lives swept away. History repeats itself. I purpose a joint fund effort to assure a victory for the Neo-Kuomintang. We both know that we'll need as many allies as possible for the imminent future.
Last edited by Liberxas on Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ultramarine
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarine » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:18 am

Allyrije wrote:

From: Serine-General Arja Larathar - Acting Prime Minister of Allryia

A letter was recently delivered to me on the subject of Allyrian support for a coup of your nation's sitting government. Whilst always welcome to the idea of toppling leftist governments, we need to know what it will be replaced with and how Allyrian friendly that government will be. We also wish to know what kind of support you'd like from us in relation to this.

Faithfully,
Serine-General Arja Larathar - Acting Prime Minister of Allyria

"General we have a message." Calp looked at the young Colonel who smiled as she placed it on the table in front of him. In preparation for the coup Calp and many other high rankers who were in on it had removed themselves from the Capital to the military base Alpha on the outskirts of the city. He quickly scanned the message and smiled, "Get my laptop."

Code: Select all
Encrypted Message
         Encryption: High
         Subject: The Flowers of June

To Serine-General Arja Larather,

It is good to hear from you. In terms of support we simply need some legitimisation of our cause after we have struck the corrupt government down and maybe a trade partner. I know your country is currently undergoing a crisis within its markets but we have many trade deals that could benefit us both and in the North, where most military commanders have the power, we have several largely untapped mineral deposits that we could use some modern help with. Give us this and our new regime will be friendly to yours and also we aim for a more right wing approach to Governance after this little scrap.

Wishing you are well,

General Calp

Allyrije
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Allyrije » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:56 am

From: Serene-General Arja Larathar - Acting Prime Minister of Allyria
RE: Solstice Celebrations

Mutual trade between our nations will bring much-needed prosperity to both of our peoples. Whilst 3 of our 5 major oil companies were bankrupted by the recent crises, the mining sector, while having taken quite the hit, is much more in-tact. We would be more than happy to assist you with accessing these resource deposits if necessary. Until the coup is executed it would be well advised for the correspondence between the Allyrian Ministry of War and yourselves to be limited as to prevent any sensitive information from being leaked.

Kulmérain,
Serene-General Arja Larathar

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents