NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome to the UTIN (OPEN FT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Welcome to the UTIN (OPEN FT)

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:46 am

Universal Times Information Network

Welcome to Universal Times.UDL, an association of independent and national news services from across the universe. Here you’ll find a collection of reports from the universe at large, there might just be one from your local solar system!

Automated submission options:

--Please Input the location of the event and outlet designation if there is no outlet of report please state the source of submission.---

<-> Government News Agency Submissions

<-> Holographic Submissions

<-> Independent Submissions

“Another tragedy by our own hands” - Outer Reaches News Agency - Hobbeebia.

"War and mobilization!" - Strarus Galactic News - Strarus

<-> Opinion Section

<-> Service Advertisement Section

Data-link Version 1.20

(ooc: Just use the tags above in a spoiler under your post so I can put it in the right subsection, also include location of said events.. Other than that have fun!

PS holographic submissions include articles with images.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:21 am, edited 10 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

“Another tragedy by our own hands”

Postby Hobbeebia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:49 am

“Another tragedy by our own hands”

It was just another day of the same day in and day out work for five young and promising officers who worked aboard the Hobbeebian Imperiums “Archons Hold” fortress station at the edge of Imperial space, who only wanted to get off work and go blow off a little steam at a local tavern. It was an innocent, intimate affair of good friends enjoying each others company... until tragedy struck. While enjoying their drinks and company one Sargent  Dealis' Vanos and Eborian NCO of the Imperial Armed Forces entered the bar and soon began shouting at the group calling them a number of racial slurs like “Animals” and “Unworthy” it was not soon after this that the most ranking ofccial among the group stood and ordered the  Dealis' Vanos to leave and according to the bartender and only surviving eye witness  Dealis' Vanos became enraged and attacked the group welding a common hardlight weapon among the Imperial Armed forces and began his bloody rampage. This is his account:

At first things where tense but fine... I mean whenever an Eborian walks into a majority human trafficked location everyone gets tense- its hard not to, but like I was saying he comes into the bar and orders a round of Sarillian Brandy then makes it a double and keeps ordering doubles. He got so bad off I actually started pouring singles and he never noticed. I mean I could tell he had enough and I was about to ask him to leave or if he needed someone to come by and get him home but he just got angry and pushed me back near about lost a whole shelf of product. That when... that when things got... that when it got violent. Commander Gielson stood up after I got pushed and confronted Dealis' Vanos telling him to stop and that he needed to just leave. Dealis' Vanos got super pissed that the commander was a human and out ranked him and was giving him orders.... he just lost it. Pulled out hi service weapon and just... he just killed them. I just hid... I mean... what could I have done?”

After getting the report about the attack Imperial Police responded and where the first outsiders to witness the gruesome and inhumane killings and the heartbreaking tell the investigation learned. According to medical examiners among the dead was Yolanda Myers was with child at the time of her death she had not yet even told her husband Timothy Myers, another lost in this tragic story, that he was going to be a father of a little baby boy.The Imperial Police questioned the bar owner and watched footage captured from the establishments monitoring system. We have to censored version of the video up on our extranet site though we must warn you it is very graphic. Armed with this evidence along with record of Dealis' Vanos' Id records indeed showing him at the tavern at the time of the killing, the Imperial Police quickly dispatched a unit out to apprehend the suspect before he was scheduled to ship out on his next tour of duty against a Ventorie incusrion against a minor colony in the Outer Reaches. When police arrived and announced that Sargent Dealis' Vanos was under arrest, according to witnesses, he become enraged once more eventually assaulting the arresting officer before support officers opened fire killing Dealis' Vanos.

A statement from Imperial Office of Internal Military Affairs has declined to speculate on the motives of Sargent Dealis' Vanos instead had this to say:

“While this is a most unfortunate and regrettable event which will undoubtedly be very hard on all involved and lost in this horrible crime, we are doing everything in our power to ensure the event has indeed transpired as it has been reported and will continue to provide support to all localized assets as they investigate this matter further”

We may never know what finally pushed Dealis' Vanos over the edge, but one thing is certain- this mass killing has sparked a conversation among the community and many are questioning why the Imperial government hasn't done more to weed out the racial favoritism and wide spread anti-humanist sentiments pervasive among the Elitist ranks of the the better funded and more prestigious Imperial forces. Protests have even began in human dominant worlds against the unfair treatment of the human subjects of the Imperium and are calling for reforms to immigration and economic repression many feel lead to this Eborian thinking he could kill humans with impunity.

Independent Submission by a Civilian News outlet called the Outer Reaches News Agency
Last edited by Hobbeebia on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Strarus
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Strarus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:03 am

War On The Horizon

War on the horizon! Royalists have gained a majority in the Strarus Galactic Senate after results from the most recently election of senators. Royalists claim that their goal to reestablish the Imperial Family as the leaders of Strarus is even closer than before. The Senate was in chaos today as arguments raged and the Royalists have begun to start their agenda. Many of the population doesn't seem worried about this and are welcoming the change so it seems. The Leader of the Royalist parties had this to day, "Yes, this had been a major victory for the Royalist party. We have been working hard over the last several years and now it seems that it is paying off for us. I hope that the throne of Strarus will once again be occupied and with the support of the people I believe that we will be able to do so. There will be those who will not welcome this change but, that is to be expected."

The Senitari have become very concerned since the results of the elections where they lost their majority. Many of them fear what the new leading party will try to implement during their control of the senate. They are looking to their supporters to help them in the upcoming months when seats are open for vote as well as voicing their concerns with legislation that is going to be coming to the debate floor. The leader of the Senitari party had this to say, "We are very concerned so far with what we have seen from their agenda. We are currently fighting to keep the republic alive and we are asking our voters to help us in that endeavor. Should we this fail the Republic will fall and the Star Empire will return after centuries of it being removed form power. But, we fully expect the populace to see the threat of this to us all and will see reason when they vote for the senate again."

With tensions rising between the two parties, several riots have broken out in which the Royalist supports have clashed with the Senitari supporters. These riots range from people shouting at one another to destroying public property. The government has activated riot containment procedures across the Republic to ensure the safety of the citizens. So far there have been no deaths but, many believe that this will change as it escalates further down the road. Surely the senate divided fighting amongst themselves has not helped the matter. There are also talk of Civil war on the horizon from both parties but these sources have not been confirmed.

Mobilization Continues

The Strarus Galactic Republic continues to mobilize for war! Its leading politicians are expressing concerns on this posturing from the Archon. The senate has called a meeting to express their concerns with this matter! Archon Mendalva came before the Senate to inform the rest of the senate as to why she has continued the mobilization earlier this week she had this to say, "We are on the brink of war! No we are at war the Pords have forced our hands and the mutual defense pact has been activated and it is our responsibility to respond to it accordingly! Now if you will excuse me, I have more to do than listen to senators who had nothing better to do than argue about who control the damned senate!"

The Senate has responded with fury as the Archon insulted them on camera that was broadcasted throughout the whole Republic. This has sparked a large debate on weather the Archon is mentally sane enough to lead the Republic and if an emergency election is required. Several senators are calling for her to resign from her post so they can elected a new Archon to lead the Republic.

The Republic Grand Admiral had this to say, "Much of the admiralty doesn't believe that we should be intervening in this war at the current time. They believe with such internal struggle that we should focus on that and solve that before we look to help others. I am inclined to agree with them on this matter, we should be focusing on the home front before we look abroad to help our allies."

Independent Submission from Strarus Galactic News

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:21 am

updated!
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Return to International Incidents