NATION

PASSWORD

Coronation of HSH Prince Pierre of Hifax | Astyria only

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
British Hifax
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Coronation of HSH Prince Pierre of Hifax | Astyria only

Postby British Hifax » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 pm

After four months of mourning the Principal Family and the people of the Principality of British Hifax is ready to let go the soul of the dead Prince, Ismael I that once bringed life and movement to the tiny and glamorous city-state.

The mourning was exercised by the population during the first two months and governmentally during two more months with flag down to half mast and without any celebration, this is why the Prince is crowned officially today although the Principal Constitution defined him as the heritable Prince.

The coronation will be held at the Principal Palace of Princetown at 12:00 p.m. while the celebration will be held at Villa Ephrussi, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, north of Princetown during one of the most monitored nights of the Principality.

P R I N C I P A D O....D E....H I F A X
Embassy Program | Royal Air | Principal Bank of Princetown | MoAA | Techint
M o n t e v i d e o , U r u g u a y

British Hifax
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby British Hifax » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am

Prince’s Palace of Princetown
Princetown-ville, Princetown
Hifax

The special day started as everyone expected, far from the city-state the bright sun of the morning was appearing on the horizon while the streets was being decorated with white and light blue flags. The Prince who had to move for the day to the Palace was already woke up at 7:00 a.m. preparing his first speech as the official Prince of the Principality, however he could not concentrated and left it for another moment, his agenda for today was full of meetings with leaders and businessmen on the blue saloon of the Palace, a moment of relax for the day was not going to hurt anyone and after all he had to thank his sister for proposing him the coronation that gave again the glamorous life of celebrations to the Principality, so without thinking it two times he called to his sister.

‘Letizia, I have the yacht on the club, do you want to have breakfast?’ said Pierre calling to Letizia, the Princess.

‘It’ll be difficult, I have my front gate occupied but I’ll catch you’ answered the Princess before she hanged up and called to the Police who immediately reached her home and helped her to leave the house in direction to the yacht club.

Joy Yacht
800 metres from Princetown

The Prince Pierre and his sister, the Princess Letizia had already finished their breakfast at the Pierre’s yacht and now both were talking about the day they have ahead.

Although Pierre has been always more relaxed than his sister, today was a little more nervous as his coronation was the things for what he was taught all his life, however while both were talking enjoying of the sun in the yacht the scene was different at the Prince’s Palace and Villa Ephrussi were there was at least 50 workers on each place working to accomplish the standards of every coronation ceremony.

Letizia standing and walking to the rails of the deck said ‘...look, they are coming, give me the binocular…’ trying to figure out if they were reporters or someone else.

‘Don’t worry’, said Pierre, ‘He’s probably from the Palace…’ said again making a pause and standing from the sofa making a lazy face to his sister.

‘Oh yeah, he is, well, I figure your Principal responsibilities are starting.’ answered laughing.

The smaller but luxurious black with wood boat stopped on the stern of the Joy yacht, ‘His Serene Majesty, the Palace is already finished, you must start preparing yourself’ said Federico Fiammetta, one of his servants for the occasion.

Pierre and Letizia went inside the yacht and descended to the lower deck by the elevator for changing of boat.
In the Yacht Club, Letizia and Pierre had to separate as she had to dress herself for the ceremony and he had to go to the Palace for a quick ‘mock’ of the ceremony. In the parking of the Club both saludate and started their cars to commence this day of celebrations.
Last edited by British Hifax on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trellin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Old Palace of the Dukes, Medlar,
Kur'zhet

"I don't think I shall write a letter, no," mused Lerem Dargalos. "It would hardly get there before I did, after all. I shall telephone them." As his secretary rolled his eyes, the duke of Kur'zhet took a step towards the side-table and reached for the old rotary phone that sat atop it.

"Will I get you our embassy or Pierre's people?" Esamin knew better than to disagree with the duke's unorthodox choice of medium. Even using a fax machine would have been preferable to the telephone, but Dargalos, the sixty-two year-old elected monarch of Kur'zhet, was not quick to embrace change ― even when that change was something as fundamental as air mail.

"Someone Hifaxian, I should think." He took the card Esamin offered him and dialled the number slowly. It rang. "And then charter the flight for this afternoon. Ah, hello hello. This is Lerem Dargalos, Berigi Kur- ah, Minister West, how do you do? ... Yes, much too long. About that ― yes, just this morning." There were words from the other side of the conversation. Esamin stood dutifully by. "Of course. Of course. Certainly, Pablo. Would you meet us at the airport? Akoya? Marvellous. I must see to my things. No, we shall speak again soon. Take care." He hung up. "That was Minister West," he told his secretary, as though Esamin hadn't given him the number moments before.

"Of course," agreed Esamin, as though he weren't once more holding the card to return it to its rightful place, 'Pablo West, avinen erz. Hifax' written prominently across it.

Dargalos furrowed his brow momentarily, habitually patting down his pockets. "I must pack the personal effects. Have you chartered a plane? Called the car?"

Esamin didn't bat an eye. "You have a week, sire. Today is Monday. The coronation is on Sunday."

The duke froze, his hands halfway through confirming the emptiness of his jacket's pockets. His brow re-furrowed. "A week? Why did I think it was this afternoon?"

"That I could not say. I don't believe you have any commitments for today, but I can check." Without judgement, Esamin handed his duke the invitation so he could see the date and time for himself.

Dargalos nodded. "Perhaps a round of golf and lunch, so. Do find out who else is going when you get a moment, Esamin, would you?"

"Oh, that reminds me ― Tromp telephoned earlier about his golf course in the crater proposal. Wanted me to speed it along." Without scorn, Esamin reminded his duke where the monarchy stood on that proposal. They walked out of the drawing room together.

"Was I not clear enough when he spoke to me last month? I detest that proposal. Ah, perhaps he thinks he can trust my memory to forget my opinions. Nudge the relevant minister to fabricate something. It's a historic site anyway. Why can we not leave some things pristine rather than landscaping them into something foreign? Bah."

Government Chambers, Great Central Ward,
Cadenza

"Quite frankly, it's ridiculous. It strains at the bounds of sanity and then, having broken through them, throws itself as far away from them as it can get." For emphasis, the speaker dropped a newspaper heavily onto his desk. His frustration had nothing to do with the newspaper, but he had it and it seemed appropriate to punctuate his tirade at that moment. "If logic and reason were a restaurant, the good duke of Kur'zhet would have a lifetime ban." Duder Molatiri and Poithoz Alsarnin, the earls of Canve and Lema, exchanged a glance but did not interrupt as the duke of Cadenza, Adrahil Kamënus, took a deep breath and continued. "Do you know what he called to propose? Did you hear it? He phoned me to ask if I wanted to share a plane with him to Hifax. For the fuel efficiency."

Vilaum Tolyxa, Chairman of the Greater Council, looked up from the high-backed armchair where he was reading another newspaper. "He's really taking New Leaf to heart, isn't he?"

Alsarnin scoffed. "Penny-pinching, more likely. Probably thinks he can split the bill with Cadenza."

"Of course I said no," began Adrahil again, to a chorus of agreement from the four other men in the room. Anything else he was about to say was interrupted by Jereq Zethrin, the earl of Mefra.

"Somebody run me through all the reasons this is a terrible idea that we unanimously hate, please?"

Alsarnin animatedly counted them off on his fingers. "One, the savings in fuel and money aren't actually that significant. Two, we're not making our head of state transfer between planes at Ruh Barb. It would be inhuman. Three, classic assertion of independence from Kur'zhet and of sovereignty within the empire. We're not bundling all the empire's protectorates into one plane like it's some winged clown car. We're not Trellin's lackeys, we're proud, sovereign duchies."

"And a principality," added Molatiri, pedantically.

"Oh please, Duder, Txekrikar doesn't count," Alsarnin replied with mock scorn.

"Txekrikar's in attendance, so?" Tolyxa queried. "I must say I'm surprised."

"Wherever Andamonia goes, Txekrikar jogs one or two steps ahead," was Molatiri's wry remark. Txekrikar's continued receipt of imperial reconstruction funds was in part dependent on rapprochement; diplomatic bridge-building for bridge re-building.

"That's just Eshkan, I presume." There were nods as Tolyxa went on. "Who from Arimathea? or Trellin? Azara'll hardly travel."

"Josev and his daughter, I believe, are attending from Arimathea. Prince Udreth and Princess Rayarë are representing the royal family." Somehow, Molatiri always seemed to be the most up-to-date.

"Rayarë? Really? They're sending the heir apparent with his aunt? That's just cruel," said Zethrin, seeming offended for the twenty-six year-old prince.

"I understand her daughter will be there," explained the duke. "Princess Nalaia, Azara's first cousin, is the queen of Aswick."

Zethrin subsided with a nod. "Oh, of course."

"One of the Velaran nobles is there symbolically, I heard. Couldn't say who," added Molatiri.

"Probably Kiroi," snarked Alsarnin. Molatiri chuckled.

Tolyxa waved a hand to get attention. "That leaves Kur'zhet. Now, we have Dargalos, obviously. Who else are they sending? Medlar, Kabazh ―"

"Just Medlar," interjected Kamënus. There was a moment of surprised silence around the room.

"Really? Only two?" asked Zethrin. This processed quickly. "We have to send three."

Suddenly everyone was animated. "The duke, of course," said Molatiri, nominating his friend with a pat on the back, "is essential. A duke is worth ten earls for these things."

"We can one-up them again if we send Vilaum as well," Alsarnin postulated. "Head of government and head of state? There's multiplication there."

"Bonus points," said Zethrin, entirely serious about it. "Duder's the obvious third choice. You're the face of the nation at the E10."

Molatiri shook his head, however. "If I'm there it's obvious we're competing. Adrahil covers us on that front as is. We need someone more junior, for balance."

Tolyxa grinned. "Flank 'em. Send Laeroni with me."

"Good one, but it's too aggressive. Besides, he's on holiday," said Alsarnin, dismissing the suggestion. "But how about Murien?" Faces lit up; Tolyxa grinned more broadly. "Then Murien it is. Any objections, Adrahil?"

Kamënus rubbed his temple. "I suppose not. Who should we run these past? If, say, I had some proposals to push through in the near future and wanted to get my appeasement in early."

"Foreign affairs, I suppose? Should keep us well away from any controversy. I'll make sure our nominations are approved, in any case. Have no fear, Tolyxa is here; something to that effect," said the head of government.

"Say that at the coronation, Vilaum, and I'll give you a hundred tezahra," said Zethrin, standing up.

"Which, the bit about manipulating the organs of government or Vilaum bringing the party? Because he doesn't do the latter," Molatiri remarked. Tolyxa looked aggrieved.

"Catch you at the bar, Adrahil?" asked Zethrin, noticing the duke moving back to his chair at last. The rest of the group moseyed out the door.

Kamënus picked up the newspaper he'd thrown down and stared at its front page for a moment before looking up at the Mefrikan earl. "I'll be down, I imagine. I just need a minute to slot things into drawers. I'm just so busy all the time, Jereq."

"And now you have bags to pack as well. Count yourself lucky you're not sharing a plane with Lerem, at least."

Kamënus laughed. "We'll probably share on the way back anyway. Thanks for that, Jereq."

"Not at all. I'll see you downstairs, and your first drink is on me so I know you'll come." Kamënus gave an exaggerated bow as Zethrin left the office, making a point of leaving the door open.

Hindia Belanda
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hindia Belanda » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Istana Menara Setan, Pulau Alba
December 10

Maryam Rahmadisoerja, the Governor-General of Hindia Belanda, opened her bleary eyes to a lean figure standing in her bedroom. She could make out with her blurry vision and in the darkness of the room, save for soft beams of the December moonlight coming through the windows, what seemed to be a black tailcoat with silver trimmings and a pair of gloved hands. She knew, by observation, that the figure could only have been the Viceregal Chamberlain. Although why he was already in her bedroom, so early in the morning, was not immediately clear to her.

“Selamat pagi, Excellency.”

“Uh… morning Brandon,” replied Maryam, groggily, her hand struggling to reach the ornate table lamp, which was fashioned in the shape of a torch carried by the Balinese mythical creature Barong. She sat up, switched the lights on and could now see clearly the young courtier standing before her.

“Ma’am, Sir,” said Brandon, respectfully nodding towards Maryam and her husband, Darius. “Forgive the intrusion this early in th-“

“What time is it?” Darius interrupted before the Viceregal Chamberlain could finish his sentence.

“It’s three in the morning, Sir.”

“Is it the Queen’s mother?” asked Maryam, squinting her raven eyes inquisitively.

“No, ma’am. It’s not about Her Royal Highness,” explained Brandon. “The Prime Minister very much insisted on having an audience with you before your flight to Princetown today. He said that he wanted to go over some papers with you, ma’am.”

Maryam let out an audible sigh and stood up. “Oh, did he now?” she remarked, looking visibly unamused. “And when will this audience take place?”

“He’s actually on his way here, as we speak, ma’am.”

Maryam let out another exaggerated sigh. “Well, in that case, do fix me a cup of coffee,” said the Governor-General as she made her way to the bathroom, which could comfortably fit thirty people at any given time.

“Brandon, make it two, please,” Darius added, then stood up and made his way to the wardrobe.

“And please, for the love of God, not that sad excuse of a coffee you people served the other day at the Ambassadors’ Reception,” cried Maryam jokingly from across the vast room, shaking her head. “We really should’ve stuck with the usual coffee beans.”

“You have Our support, Mr Prime Minister,” Maryam remarked with a composed tone that befitted her queenlike office, although the expression on her face betrayed an air of contempt. “In this land, the Prime Minister always has the Crown’s support,” Maryam clarified, smiling sardonically. “No matter what.”

With a gesture towards the door, she ended her audience and the Prime Minister, as protocol commanded, bowed to her and briskly left the room, much to her relief.

Maryam rolled her eyes. “That’s one nuisance gone."

She found it thrilling, the idea that her private remarks could trigger a national crisis, should the government of the day ever had the misfortune of hearing them. Almost all political comments that she made in the privacy of her official residences were at best, controversial and at worse, bordering on unconstitutional, given her position as vicereine. But it didn’t matter, as long as they remained private.

Maryam returned to the sofa and waited patiently for her Private Secretary, Dania, to come. She took a studious glance at the paintings that adorn the walls of the North Gallery – all faces of Governors-General past who, once upon a time, occupied her esteemed office and wielded far greater powers than she now had. And understandably so; theirs was an age of colonial aggrandisement, one that reeked of oppression and impunity, and hers is an age of egalitarian values, of equal opportunity and of progressiveness. At least that was how she saw it.

Her eyes landed on the table in front of her, on which the day’s newspapers were laid by order of her preference. The Jakarta Tribune came first, followed by The Bandar Kunti Herald, Northeastern Morning Post and lastly, the local newspaper Alba Times. 'Rahmadisoerja To Attend Prince Pierre’s Coronation In First Foreign Trip As GG', one headline proclaimed. 'Republican GG To Sit Next To Her Majesty At Principal Palace?', asked another.

Maryam sighed heavily. She shifted her attention to the tall windows, their long shutters flapping gently in the wind, and could feel the cool sea breeze coming through them. She heard the sweet sound of waves breaking and ebbing far below the coastal palace, of seagulls crying in a choir. She took in the fresh saline air and, for just a few minutes, she was at peace.

“Ma’am?” a voice came from one of the doors that led to the Viceregal Apartments, breaking Maryam’s brief reverie.

“Dania, how long have you been standing there?”

“I just came in, Ma’am. I’m sorry to disturb you, but I was told that you wanted me to brief you on your itinerary?”

Maryam shifted in her seat. “Yes, that’s right. Please do sit down.”

Dania approached Maryam, carrying papers which could only be Maryam’s official itinerary. The private secretary sat down on the armchair across her employer.

“Ma’am,” Dania began as she handed the papers to the Governor-General, “we will fly out of Labuhan Beach Airfield in exactly two hours and expect to arrive at Akoya Airport at about 10 a.m. local time.”

“Right, go on,” Maryam acknowledged, her eyes fixated on the papers in her hands. She noticed that a few time slots had been left blank on her itinerary. She had been wanting to catch up with her old friends from the Hindia Belandan art scene, some of whom, she recently found out, had settled in Princetown. She reckoned she could perhaps meet them on her second day in the Principality.

“The coronation itself will begin at 12 p.m and it should last for a few hours, after which you’d have ample time to get some shut-eye before the evening reception.”

Maryam narrowed her eyes. “Has anything come from Koninstad? Any memo regarding the coronation?”

Dania shook her head. “No, ma’am. Only that Her Majesty is coming, that’s all.”

“What about the coronation gift?”

“It was flown to Princetown yesterday, Ma’am. In a diplomatic bag. I believe it’s already at our embassy”

Maryam nodded and finished her coffee. “Good. I should probably get dressed for the trip now. We can go over the rest of these pages later on the plane. Thanks Dania.”
Nederlands-Indië - Hindia Belanda
IIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIII

Ioannis Papakonstantinou, Senator (independent)

Nikolia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Imperial Palace of Carigrad
Carigrad, Moravian Voivodeship, Nikolia
1st of December, 2017

The Imperial Palace of Carigrad, standing for centuries on top of a hill overlooking the massive Moravian plain and welcoming and escorting the ships that sail further west on the river Dunav served as an official residence of many Nikolian monarchs. Today, however, it serves as a work palace of the King and His Crown Council, whereas the official residence has been moved to the Petrovski dvor, a massive complex of palaces, parks and various buildings created by Emperor Petar VI about 20km north from Carigrad. Today, at the start of the new month, His Majesty's Crown Council was giving the monthly dispatch to the King in its chambers in the northern wing of the palace.

The main topic of this Crown Council meeting was celebration of the Nikolian national day, the Unity Day celebrated on 17th of December, when the entire nation remembers all casualties of the wars through the history, and the unity between the 12 Voivodeships. Many Nikolians fly the Nikolian flag, and get on main squares and streets where the crowd sings patriotic songs. As for every year, the Crown Council discusses all the events that will happen during the celebration, all necessary things in order for it to function properly. During the meeting, His Majesty's Royal Messenger stood up, holding several letters that arrived in the mail. Among them was an invitation to the coronation of the Prince of Hifax. The Messenger slightly changed the face to express his surprise, then followed to read it:
"Your Majesty, we have received an official invitation to the coronation of Prince Pierre of Hifax. The invitation states that the coronation ceremony will take place in the Principal Palace of Hifax on 10th of this month at 12:00 and that a leader or an official representative is invited."

The King, sitting at the chairman position of the Crown Council, on his right sat Branislav Ivanovski, the Chancellor of Nikolia, carefully listened to the Messenger, slightly slewed his chair to the right to glance at Branislav, then proceeded:
"Interesting, a coronation... We haven't had a coronation in Astyria for a while."
The King then stood up, straightened his blue colonel uniform, decorated with noble orders and five golden aiguillette, then walked across the room, left to right, followed by the looks of startled ministers. "My dear councilors, we all know that the Unity Day is approaching and that we have a lot to do..." He stopped his left-right movement, then proceeded
"Although i am all for approaching to all the nations of Astyria with a friendly hand, specially with fellow monarchies, this time i am afraid i cannot go personally, i would like to stay in Carigrad."

The councilors listened to their King, and nodded in agreement. Branislav Jovanovski, the Chancellor of Nikolia, the first man in the Kingdom right below the King himself listened as the King said his opinion, then turning the chair towards His Majesty commented: "Your Majesty, who shall be sent instead? Someone has to go..."
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Aleksandra Krstich jumped in with the proposal that the Chancellor should go instead. The King, however, objected that with a simple swing of the arm, then turned towards the windows and looked at the sun slowly setting over the Moravian plain.
"It is my opinion, my dear councilors, that we should send someone from the Royal Family. I would like to send my dear son Konstantin and his sister Katarina. I would like for them to go. They should meet the Hifaxian Royal Family and the new Prince, they are both young and should travel more. As you all know, Konstantin is my successor, and i want him to be fully prepared for the throne."

The councilors were a bit concerned with what they heard, and several of them even proposed sending at least the Minister of Foreign Affairs to accompany them. The King, being as stubborn as he always was, refused the proposals. After all, he knows his children more than anyone else.

Aleksandar Katić International Airport - Air Force Apron
Carigrad, Moravia, Nikolia
10th of December, 2017

Some 15km from the city centre stood Aleksandar Katić International Airport, one of the four international airports of Carigrad, and the main air force base of the Nikolian Royal Air Force in the Carigrad area. Exactly that airport housed one of the most recognisable aircraft in Nikolia, simply known by its codename Crown-01. The aircraft, heavily modified Ikarus Ik-350 with a tail registration number NK-001 stood parked in front of the giant hangar from which no more than 30 minutes it was brought out. The hangar doors were already shut only to hide additional aircraft of the 25th Special Transportation Squadron of the Nikolian Royal Air Force, whose role is to provide air transport to the Nikolian Royal Family and government officials, as well as the official motorcade and all the cargo that goes together with the passenger. Today, the airmen were preparing the Crown-01 and its passenger to arrive.
About twenty minutes before the scheduled takeoff, a sound of rotors slicing through the air could be heard from the distance. Four dark blue Maksimov Ma-40 flew from the north, delivering the passengers for the Crown-01. As the helicopters safely landed on the tarmac some 100m from the aircraft, the four guardsmen of the Saint Andrew's Guard hopped out of the helicopter and stood in the formation, whilst one of them announced the passengers upon opening the doors: "Their Royal Highnesses, Crown Prince Konstantin, Princess Katarina".
Upon leaving the helicopter, the Prince put on his sunglasses as the sun was unusually strong in this part of the year, however a chilling wind flew his long coat around him, while the Princess Katarina followed suit and spent not a single unnecessary moment on that December wind. The Crown Prince being a soldier himself, never felt as if he is of higher rank than his fellow mates. Even so, he returned with a standard hand salute, then proceeded to cross, together with his sister, those 100m from the helicopter into the Crown 01, where the crew of no less than 20 people will welcome them and introduce them with the plans during the flight and after it.

The Princess thankfully for her could immediately settle in her room, as the boring bureaucratic stuff was dedicated to his older brother. Meanwhile, the Crown Prince went to the main meeting room to have a chat with the captain of the flight and his personal assistants. All the security assets and the royal motorcade were transported to Princetown a day before, and should wait for them at the airport, while the accommodation was already settled with the Hifaxian government. The Crown Prince took some time to check the list of guests, see the interesting names, and maybe prepare for some talks. Meanwhile the Royal flight was already taking off and soon after, the aircraft was flying above Nikolia, being escorted by the two KaF-50's until their flight departs the Nikolian airspace.

Ord Caprica
Envoy

Founded: Oct 23, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ord Caprica » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:12 am

Ulysses, C.D, United States

2017 December 9
0511 Hours

There comes a time in every parents life when they sincerely regret or at the very least, question their decision to have children and as she listened to her daughter complain more and more, it became crystal clear that the moment was upon her.

'' I don't get why I have to frakking go. Make Trip go if you want someone to tag along for the weekend. I have plans for gods sake.'' Arielle protested.

''First I suggest you expand your vocabulary a bit because I will not tolerate you using that language young lady. Second, your father thinks it would be good for you to go abroad for a weekend and mingle with new people. You should be thrilled, most girls your age don't have the luxury to attend a Royal wedding before they've even turned eighteen.'' She retorted back at her daughter.

'' Well if Daddy's so set on someone going why doesn't he go himself instead sending me? I don't work for the bloody government and I'm not his little errand girl. Besides, I wouldn't call be forced to fly twelve hours in two days and then having to play nice with a bunch of foreigners a luxury people are dying to get hold of.''

I couldn't help but to turn away to avoid bursting into laughter over the whole situation. When you really looked at it, this was the exact argument I had with my own mother so many years ago, minus the whole Royal wedding part. I think it was instead over tagging along with my mother for some medical conference back when my parents were insistent that I'd be going to medical school.

I turned back to face her when I was sure I could maintain my parental composure and put on the sternest face I could muster.

'' Our flight leaves in three hours, that gives you a half hour to pack. If you want to keep being difficult then I'll have to have Frank pack for you and if want to trust a man who spends forty hours a week wearing a Navy suit and sunglasses to pack you something fashionable then be my guest but it doesn't matter because in three hours you are getting on that plane and four hours after that you'll be in Princetown. Now you've got some choices to make Ari.''

It didn't take her more than a moment to make up her mind but she rolled her eyes at me defiantly as she pouted off to her room to pack her clothes, the thought of leaving her ensemble to her Secret Service bodyguard wasn't even remotely appealing.

For my part, I had packed my bags a full week ago when the invitation had first been delivered by Michael Cummings, my husband's Chief of Staff. It was a much needed opportunity to get away from the hustle and bustle of political life as the First Lady and with Arielle tagging along, hopefully a chance to have a mother daughter bonding moment. My husband, Oliver wouldn't be able to attend do to a very vicious battle in Congress over a piece of legislature or that's what I was told at least. He'd been spending an enormous amount of time up the road bullying and intimidating Congressmen and haggling with leading policy makers, it was practically as if I wasn't married at all. We hadn't said more than a few words to each other in passing in over a month and it didn't look like it was going to change any time soon, even with the New Year approaching.

While I waited for Arielle to finish packing, I made myself busy with directing our bags downstairs so they would arrive at the private hangar ahead of us and tidying up the bedroom even though there was a legion of staff that would've done it for me. For some reason, I found the idea of strangers rifling through my home while I wasn't around to be particularly disconcerting and while I couldn't stop them from cleaning the rest of Bright Hill, I did manage to maintain some control over the private spaces.

It wasn't too long before Arielle appeared in the living room, visibly less upset with what appeared to be a hint of mischief in her eyes that was alarming.

Looking at her, I couldn't help but feel immense pride in her.

In addition to being a straight A student, she was President of her schools' Student Union, a member of two honor societies, a talented archer, an even better markswoman and she'd even captained the school's football team and co-captained the cheer-leading squad. Even more superficially, Arielle was tremendously beautiful. She had curly dirty blonde hair that fell down her shoulders, just like mine and an almond shaped face that resembles her father's more than mine to her benefit and a slim but athletic figure that a lifetime physical fitness regime imposed by her father cultivated. She was easily the blonde bombshell that people loved, at least on the outside.

But even personality wise she was even more amazing, she volunteered on her own accord at least twice week sense she was ten, a habit she got from her older brother who in turn got into to be closer to his father who spent alot of time either campaigning or participating in charity events. She was fiercely loyal to her friends even though I think she played up to the dumb blonde stereotype a little too much socially but all in all, as a mother you couldn't ask for much more in your children outside of less resistance when it came to tagging along to doing what they're told.

I liked to think, we did a pretty good job raising our kids for the most part.

''Ready?'' I asked

''Yes, but under protest.''
She quipped in response.

British Hifax
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby British Hifax » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Prince’s Palace of Princetown
Princetown-ville
Princetown, Hifax

Thankfully for the Prince, the mansion he had bought six months ago was already finished with all the security and comfort improvements he asked for. The Mansion was simpler than any other mansion in the Ferrat neighbourhood, however it completely fitted with the necessities of the Prince outside of the Palace, protected from paparazzis and reporters thanks to its 2,696 sq. covered with an enormous french designed patio set on differents levels, a light blue swimming pool with a rocky style, a small forest around the lot and finally the house, on top of the site, painted with a clear palette of browns that were almost white.

However the Prince, who waited for six months to have his house remodeled could not feel the magic of living in such place as his approaching Coronation was consuming most of his agenda, and today for example, was more of those days full of work at the Palace organizing how the Coronation was going to be celebrated.

The first meeting of the day was in the Prince’s Palace with the supervisors of the ceremony and his sister, the Princess, refining the last details of the ceremony and the reception after it.

‘...so, here is the final schedule that will be given to the guests…’ said one of the supervisors to the Princes extending his hand through the table sliding a piece of paper with the details.

‘Looks good… I suppose this is the last meeting after the ceremony, right? answered Pierre.

‘I am sorry Your Highness, there are a few others details to finish, for example, the Principal Knight of the Order called me…’ -the iPhone of the Princess Letizia ringed and she standed up to answer the call- ‘... he said that the knights will be at your disposal for the ceremony and the reception, that is one of the things we need to detail.’

Letizia came back to the living where the conversation was being hold and grabbing her purse she said like rushing:

‘I am very sorry but I have to be at the airport right now, can we finish this later? thank you, see you Pierre.’

Pierre and the three supervisors looked at her with surprise for her reaction but they continued the conversation without minding it too much, the meeting continued without too much interesting content besides of the colour palette of the seats and the colour of the lights at the central font in the Villa Ephrussi, and after one hour of choosing and designing, Pierre shaked his hands with Amanda, Jean and Charles, the three supervisors.

For the next meeting the Prince had at least 3 hours free but seeing that he will have to do this later he prefered to do it now, that is why he drove trough the city of Princetown to Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat and then to the top of the hill in the peninsula where the Montesa village and Palace was located.

The Prince stopped his black Mercedes Benz GLE on the principal gate of the wall that separated the Principality of British Hifax from the Order of Montesa, a territory often called as a separated state from Hifax. The gate was decorated with a flag of the Order and other of Hifax on each side while on the top of it there was the coat of arms of the Order sculpted in stone following the colour of the entire wall, a kind of cream colour.

‘Your Highness, please come in.’ said the knight who was guarding the gate of the small village.

‘Thank you, knight.’ answered Pierre passing through the gate with the SUV and going through the small and tight streets of the village with small houses of stone on each sides.

After three houses he was in the main square, a small square inside of the village with arches on its four sides and following the pattern of the town, every building on the square was built with stone which was easily seen on the buildings that weren’t covered in bougainvilleas or as Princetonians call it, Santa Ritas.

The Prince went through the square in the car and stopped on a shaded side.

‘Welcome Your Highness!’ said the Principal Knight stepped on the front door of the main building of the Order, ‘Thank you Knight!, someone told me you wanted to have a meeting with me.’ answered the Prince shaking hands with the man.

Both walked through the corridors of the building to the back garden which had an incredible view of the blue sea and the peninsula.

‘Your Highness, first of all, thank you for coming, I have to say that the Order is really looking forward your Official Coronation.’

‘Oh, thank you Knight, it is a pleasure, I believe this is because of…’

‘The EATA, yes.’ said the Knight, ‘The Order had a lot of respect for your father, he helped us in many ways, helping us with money and encouraging us to start organizations in other countries but the EATA just... just does not go with our values.’

‘I know, that is why I started the referendum but it was very difficult to continue with how the situation was.’

‘Well, yes, those are the disadvantages of being small.’

‘Depends on how you see it Knight, we had foreign support, I think the problem is more about our extreme economic dependence of certain EATA countries.’

‘It could be…’

‘Anyway, I am sure there must be more important issues to talk.’

‘Yes Prince, there are, about the Coronation… it is more than obvious that the Knights will be at your disposal for everything.’

‘About that, Knight, it would be more than a pleasure to have them guarding the reception at night in Villa Ephrussi.’

‘We will be there then, we also wanted to talk with you about volunteers in Kamalbia, Prince.’

‘Oh yes, about the volunteers, I will put all my efforts to give them the backup they need before they leave Hifax, I was also planning a visit to a war zone so a flight with them will be a good choice.’

‘Thank you Your Highness, …’

The conversation between the two leaders, continued for at least 3 more hours after the Prince Pierre had to continue with his agenda, however, this conversation in the Montesa Village was more than a simple conversation between politicians, it turned to a conversation between two new friends who although they politics had to go by the same way a friendship could be always better.
Last edited by British Hifax on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyashi
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 27, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Kyashi » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Nakamura, Kyashi
Hidana District

Aki Etsuko stirred in his bed as the phone range. Who in the world could be calling at this hour? He regarded the digital clock on his nightstand with his sleep filled eyes. It read "0500" in bright, red letters. He yelled out "hey ekai, answer phone", speaking to his hands free speaker and its personal assistant program, Ekai. Ever since his decorated service career in Prudensia and his subsequent promotion to Colonel, he had been summoned for constant propaganda photo shoots. He was paid handsomely of course, explaining his lavish lifestyle. Still, this life was not without its difficulties. He had exhibited extreme heroism leading an attack after his commanding officer had been killed which had resulted in the surrender of an entire city block of PLF troops. He had subsequently become the face on a very large propaganda campaign that was targeted at drumming up union support for military enlargement and centralization. As a result, he was somewhat of a celebrity in Kyashi. The First Representative even teased the idea of running for a Politburo seat next election. He very much doubted, being 28, he would be considered but it was a nice dream.

The voice of Hideyoshi Sanatobi blared from his Ekai, shocking him into an awakened state of alertness. "Mister Etsuko, I am sorry to wake you at such an hour but I have an important directive for you. We have been invited to attend a diplomatic event, the coronation of a prince."

Aki raised his eyebrows, throwing the duvet off of his naked form and sitting up on his bed. "The coronation of a prince, First Representative? I thought we did not support such events."

"You are certainly correct. We as a state disapprove of a monarchy in all of its forms. However, for this particular event it is important that we send someone. We must play our part in the EATA infrastructure. Now, I would not consider this event important enough to send a Politburo member and I do not wish to appoint any assembly members to any task, no matter how small. As a result, I am requesting that you attend representing Kyashi."

Aki felt shock course through him. "I am honored of course, First Representative, but I would not know how to represent the entire government. I am but 28 years old and have little life or political experience."

The silky smooth voice of the First Representative was quick to respond. Sanatobi was known for his charismatic speech and appealing voice. He had convinced many a political rival to back down with words alone. "Do not worry, I will be sending two of my personal advisers to advise you on what to say and a detachment of the SSB for your protection."

Though he was young, Aki was no fool. He knew he would be watched closely. It was likely Sanatobi was grooming him to place in a position where he would be an assured political ally. He already owed the man so much. Sanatobi had personally overseen the care of his father during the man's battle with cancer. He would have surely died without the First Representative's intervention. He had also personally put his family up in a much nicer house in the city, removing them from the tiny house he had grown up in as a poor boy. Sanatobi would also likely replace him with one of those advisers in a heartbeat if he said or did the wrong thing. "I would of course be honored to represent the nation for you, First Representative. When do I depart?"

He could almost hear the smile in the smooth response that greeted his assent. "I have a car on the way to fetch you. Pack only basic essentials. We will provide clothing and a generous stipend for your agreement to assist us in this endeavor. Treat this as a state funded vacation. You'll be going to a party at my expense. I will of course allow you a day to see the city of Princetown. Shop a while, pick up something nice for your mother and sisters. How is your father, by the way?"

Aki's face darkened at the subtle reminder of what he owed to the man he was speaking to. "He is almost fully recovered and has said he is ready to go back to work. I thank you for getting him his job back at the market. He immensely enjoyed his career as an electronics repairmen."

"It was the least I could do after your service to this country. Loyalty of your kind to Kyashi must be repaid, lest we send the message that we do not value those who value our values. I must bid you farewell now. I have many tasks to accomplish today. Expect the car soon." The Ekai beeped as it signaled that the First Representative had ended the call. Aki quickly made a bid for his in suite shower anticipating that the car would arrive soon.

Nakamura, Kyashi
Sanada International Airport

The obviously expensive car glided along the highway entering the Airport District carrying six passengers inside. Aki Etsuko, Undersecretary to the First Representative Hanako Kiyoko, another secretary named Sachiko Haruko, and two SSB members that were simply called Hako and Meko. That was likely not their real names and Aki doubted that many people knew them apart from their code names. The limo smoothly glided up to the airport drop off zone at the terminal, driving past an area cordoned off for diplomatic and government traffic. Two fully armed members of the Red Guard were standing by as the driver stepped out of his seat and walked up to the rear door of the limo, opening it as the passengers were ushered out. Airport staff quickly rushed up with carts to handle the luggage from the trunk of the car.

The first of the Red Guard soldiers saluted Aki as he stepped out of the car. "Colonel Etsuko, it is an honor to meet you in person. Your acts of heroism in saving the lives of the soldiers of Kyashi are legendary." Aki returned the salute, his crisp uniform and medals jingling as he moved.

The soldier’s nametag visibly proclaimed his rank and name. All soldiers on civil duty wore name tags. "Thank you Leading Private Chouko. Your task of protecting our vital infrastructure from attacks from alien terrorists is just as if not more important than mine of fighting on the front lines. Without this airport, we could not have received the supplies and manpower we needed to fight and I thank you for keeping it safe." Leading Private Chouko smiled under the praise and gestured for them to follow him into the building. This was a typical scene at any major Kyashian infrastructure owned by the Politburo. The military was directly responsible for protecting it at all times. Fully armed, specifically trained soldiers were stationed at major targets such as this, protecting it from terrorism, both domestic and international.

They were hurried into the airport to a waiting aircraft at the nearby private terminal. This terminal was the sole property of the Politburo and no one could use it without permission from one of the twenty-five. A mid sized airliner in Kyashan livery sat on the runway receiving fuel. The party was led onto the boarding bridge and into the plane to await final fueling and luggage transfer, which was being carefully transported on a baggage train below. Airline workers were normally careless with baggage but certainly not in this terminal. No one wanted to be the one to explain to a high ranking executive why his laptop or some other fragile device had been damaged by a careless worker.

Aki took in the plane he was ushered into. It was obviously a cookie cutter executive government plane with extremely plush seats sparsely arranged throughout the cabin. The aircraft was divided into dining, sitting, and sleeping sections with an open cockpit at the front of the craft. Obviously no one expected a government official to hijack his own plane. Hako and Meko both took up chairs in the corner of the room away from the other three party members, watching silently. They had only said what was necessary to say the entire trip so far. Though that sounded like a cliche spy movie scene, Aki figured that some of those cliches had to be rooted in reality at some level.

A roar filled the cabin as the doors were closed and the aircraft's engine turbines picked up speed. They began to move towards the runway for departure. The intercom came to life. "Hello and thank you for allowing the Air Armada to serve you in your flight to Princetown, Hifax. You do us both a great honor Colonel Etsuko. We are trained transport aircraft pilots with over twenty years flight experience each. We will get you there and back safely. When we arrive, the Kyashan Consulate has already made arrangements for your room and board. Thank you again and enjoy your flight."
Last edited by Kyashi on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

British Hifax
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby British Hifax » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Villa del Este
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Princetown
Hifax

After Federico Fiammetta drove the siblings to the Yacht Port both leaved the place to their homes to start preparing themselves for the ceremony.

Located on a gazebo on the patio of the Villa del Este -the mansion of the Prince-, Pierre had a group of at least 10 people which work was preparing the Prince with all what he was going to need, from what he should and shouldn't say during the speech to how and where he should stand during the reception and finally, what he must wear for the ceremony, the scene was a bit tormenting for someone who was not accustomed to but for the Prince this was something normal of every single party of the Palace since he was a child.

Right after entering to his house, the Prince went upstairs to take a shower and start wearing himself, the prepared outfit was a black suit with a black jacket, above it the traditional white and light blue sash of the House of Giusti and as details, the breast star of the Sovereign Order, the neck badge of the nidwaldester Order of the House of Lechner and the four medals of different Merit Orders of Hifax.

After he ended dressing himself he went downstairs where a group of three make up artists did their job while Pierre listened to an analyst of international commerce talking about commerce and related items that he could use during the reception.

‘Why he is talking?, I mean, they known that I won’t be talking about international commerce in a party…’ thought the Prince looking at the analyst trough the reflect on the mirror of the dressing table .

After almost two hours of preparations a black LZS F Series bought specially for the ceremony arrived to the Villa escorted by a Borgnini Arienzo from where his sister got out dressed with a marine blue Delpozo dress decorated with a flower on a shoulder and the sash of the House of Grimaldi with the breast star of the Sovereign Order like her brother.

‘Are you ready?, Sebastian Mor will go on the Arienzo while we will use the LZS said Letizia.

‘Great, let’s go then.’ answered Pierre opening the right door of the car.

Hindia Belanda
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hindia Belanda » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Viceregal Flight, somewhere over international waters
December 10, 2017

Freshly-cut flowers of the tropical kind perfumed the cabin with smells that reminded Maryam of Buitenzorg, where she spent her childhood summers staying at her grandparents’ villa near Buitenzorg Palace. Every evening, she would walk past the imposing palace complex with its vast, perfectly maintained botanical garden full of flowers, whose fragrance, spread by the wind, would scent the evening air of the entire neighbourhood. From afar, the young Maryam would take in the view of the palace grounds, studying the deers—which at the time numbered in the hundreds—that grazed and roamed the manicured lawns. She would breathe in the bouquet of jasmine, rose and frangipani, perhaps, she faintly recalled, even a bit of Agarwood burnt as offering under the shade of the sacred oak tree, its sweet smoke lingered in the air outside the palace. Who would have thought that one day she would become its resident?

She smiled at her recollection and sipped a cup of jasmine tea, her favourite, as Dania, her private secretary, continued to brief the visibly uninterested Governor-General on the many personages she would encounter on her visit to the idyllic city-state. This being her debut foreign trip as Governor-General was no doubt an important one, more so in the political climate that the Commonwealth had found itself in, what with headlines back home relentlessly reminding everyone of the so-called Royal Question and whispers of an impending no-confidence motion against the government of the day.

This trip, she thought, would at least shift the public attention away from the politics that had now become increasingly divisive by the day. But she would be lying, of course, if she said she didn’t revel in all this recent political development. Her being a republican Governor-General, the prospect of the Social Democrats forming a new government—in Her Majesty’s name, no less—would no doubt _ease_ her job as Vicereine. Off the Liberal Democrat Prime Minister go and in her republican allies. Beaming, she took another sip of her tea and swiftly returned her attention to Dania.

“…and there is the Prince himself, who I’m sure you’ll have the pleasure of meeting properly after the coronation. At Villa Ephrussi later this evening.”

Maryam nodded and shifted in her plush seat. “Is there anything I should know about him?”

“I don’t think so, ma’am, no,” Dania answered. “Plus, we’ve not been given any memo from the Foreign Minister, so this trip will be a ceremonial one."

Through her window, Maryam could see nothing but an endless grey expanse as the plane, mildly shuddering in the turbulence, made its calculated descent through layers upon layers of cloud. The flight over the ocean had been a rather dreary ride due to poor visibility. She couldn’t wait to disembark.

Her husband Darius, who appeared to be rather blasé about the whole trip, had been engrossed in the morning edition of The Jakarta Tribune, but still would make the occasional witty remarks at whatever conversation Maryam was having with her retinue.

After a short while, thick cluster of towering clouds eventually gave way to a shimmering sea, its glistening waves far below the aircraft dancing in the morning light, and an emerging land in the distant horizon that could only be the Principality of Hifax.

About thirty minutes later, the pilot began to gradually extend the flaps in preparation for approach to Akoya International Airport, which was set on its own island off the coast of Princetown. A mild thudding sound could be heard coming from the aircraft belly, signalling that the landing gears were fully deployed and ready to make contact with the approaching runway.

Akoya International Airport, Princetown
Hifax
December 10, 2017

On the apron were parked several official state cars, armoured no doubt, for the safe transport of the Hindia Belandan Governor-General and her entourage during their visit in the Principality. A band of security personnel could be seen standing vigilant by the row of vehicles, admittedly a needless affair in a city which prided itself as one of the safest in the region, as a carpet was rolled out at the foot of the airstair.

It had been a relatively modest arrival without the usual pomp seen during State Visits, for the attention was not on the Governor-General, nor the multitude of foreign heads of state and national leaders who descended into Princetown that day, but rather on Prince Pierre of Hifax whose head would be crowned later that noon in an elaborate ceremony.

After the plane had landed, taxied and came to a halt, the Viceregal entourage found themselves on their feet, some including Maryam and her husband walking towards the high-profile forward exit, others waddling to the aft-exit reserved for staff and journalists away from media attention. As she exited the A350 and descended the stairs, Maryam’s dress billowed in the wind like the Hindia Belandan flag flown outside the cockpit window. She smiled at the dignitaries and looked for the familiar face of Kevin Soerja Hakim, the Hindia Belandan Ambassador to the Principality. Hakim was standing beside his husband who shared the same name with the Prince of Hifax himself, a fact Maryam found rather amusing.

“Welcome to Princetown, Your Excellencies,” said Ambassador Hakim, euphoric. “I trust your flight went pleasantly?”

“Pleasant would be an overstatement, Kevin, but it was far more enjoyable than having to sit in my weekly audience with the Prime Minister, thank you,” Maryam chuckled as she shook her hands with the Ambassador and his husband. “It’s a pleasure to see you two again.”

After a brief moment exchanging pleasantries on the apron, Maryam and her husband were ushered into one of the sedans, its doors held open by uniformed guards. By the time the motorcade left the airport, speeding towards Princetown proper, the December sun had risen high, giving a much needed warmth to the Hifaxian streets.
Nederlands-Indië - Hindia Belanda
IIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIII

Ioannis Papakonstantinou, Senator (independent)

British Hifax
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby British Hifax » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:52 am

[ Princetown, Principality of British Hifax ]
[ 11:58 a.m. ]

Right after the LZS F7 and the Borgnini Arienzo left the Villa del Este transporting the Princess Letizia and the Prince Pierre, two mounted knights of the Sovereign Order of Montesa joined the convoy. The knights were wearing their best uniforms for the occasion, a black coat decorated with their personal medals and condecorations on the right and a white fourragère on the left, as a characteristic of the Sovereign Order, the knights were also wearing their plate swords, the typical black and red cape and their white gloves, the only two clothes that the Knights shared with the Police of Princetown were their distinctive black trousers with a red line on their side and their black boots.

During their ride to the Principal Palace, the convoy passed through the Sea Boulevard of Larvotto avoiding the tunnel and turning to the right with direction to the Monte Carlo Casino in the ‘Roundabout of the Arts’, after passing through the famous Monte Carlo Casino the convoy took again the Sea Boulevard but now at the Princes Port of Princetown. All this accompanied not only by the mounted knights, but also by four motorbikes of the Police of Princetown and the crowds of people on both sides of the roads waving flags of Hifax and saluting to the not yet crowned Prince and Princess.

At the first street of Princetown-ville, the Avenue of the Princes, the convoy stopped and the four motorbikes moved to each side of the road while a group of 10 mounted knights were accommodated in front and behind the LZS and the Borgnini Arienzo in rows of two, on the first line the Principal Knight -or Grand Commander- was located with the Grand Hospitaller of the Order, both holding standards with the flag of the Sovereign Order and the Principality of British Hifax.

‘I don’t remember that the ceremony of our father was this impressive…’ said Letizia breaking the ice with Pierre who was extremely silent hearing the sounds of the crowd outside the car.

‘Ah, could be’ responded Pierre making a small smile.

‘Ok, let’s start with the right foot Pierre, this is your moment’

Pierre looked at Letizia and laughed saying ‘Thank you, this wouldn’t be the same without you.’

‘I know, you don’t have to say it’

The road in the ville was simple and quick through the Rue de Princetonians that ended in the highly decorated Principal Square in front of the Palace.

On the Square the convoy went through the road paved of red granite separated from the white granite areas by lamps decorated with hifaxian flags and connected by chains, separating the area were the public was seated from the road used by the convoy of the Prince and every leader and representative of Astyria.

At the entrance of the Palace the cars stopped and two Knights opened the doors of the LZS and the Arienzo from where the Minister of State, the Princess and the Prince descended saluting the crowd on their back and entering to the Palace where monarchs, presidents, ministers and diplomats were seated on the Grand Central Patio in direction to the iconic white marble and curved stairs.

The siblings walked through the red carpet to the first row of seats were the rest of their family was already seated giving the beginning to the ceremony.

British Hifax
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby British Hifax » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:53 am

[ Princetown, Principality of British Hifax ]
[ 12:00 p.m. ]

At 12:00 p.m. the bells of the Cathedral of Princetown-ville ringed, the city-state sank in silence and in the courtyard of the Palace the ceremony commenced.

The place was designed with a disposition of 100 seats in direction to the white marble stairs creating a semicircle, in front of the stairs there was a small scenery with the old gold throne and other three seats for Sebastian Mor, Lutwig Mayer (the Grand Commander of the Sovereign Order) and the Princess Letizia. The stairs and the arches of the higher floors in the courtyard were decorated with flowers giving a more colorful and fresh vibe.

‘Now, by the power given by the hifaxian people, the Constitution and the House of Giusti, I would like to invite to the front to Pierre Gisti Casiraghi and his sister, Letizia Giusti Casiraghi’, said Sebastian Mor after a few words of welcoming from he and Lutwig.

The two siblings stood and walked to the scenery where Lutwig Mayer was holding two ‘Grand Collars’ of the SMOM given only to the monarchs of the Principality. After this Letizia and Pierre were at only one step of being Prince and Princess of the Principality, something for what they had been raised.

Sebastian Mor approached Pierre with a brillant plate sword, one of the ‘relics’ of the Principal Family.

‘I, Pierre Giusti Casiraghi, declare by order of the Constitution, I declare that I will defend the sovereignty of the Principality of British Hifax by all means possibles, I also declare that I will protect the hifaxian people and the legacy of my family without regarding my personal interests…’ were only some of the words that Pierre had to say before he could receive the plate sword and finally seat in the throne and be declared the official Prince of Hifax.

The ceremony lasted for at least 30 more minutes between speeches and oaths where the Grand Commander and Sebastian Mor declared their express commitment with the politics of Hifax and the new monarch, and after everything, the most awaited moment of the coronation was taking place, the Prince Pierre seated in the gold throne that for generations belonged to the Giusti Family while the Grand Commander brought to him the gold Principal Crown. At the same moment, Sebastian brought a gold tiara full of blue diamonds for the Princess who also made a similar oath before.

At the exact time, Helicopters of the Princetown Police went across the princetonian coast while the coast guards vessels honked their horns announcing the new monarchs, the people outside the Palace and in the streets of Princetown lauded the new monarchs seeing this moment as a new start for Hifax and inside the Palace the Ceremony ended with applauses from the guests for the new Prince and Princess of the Principality of Hifax.

[ Villa Ephrussi,
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Princetown, Hifax ]
[ 10:35 p.m ]

After the ceremony ended Pierre and Letizia had some hours free before the last event of the day could take place in the Villa Ephrussi, however both stayed at the Palace receiving the Grand Duke of Nidwalden and others ambassadors before it was time for the reception.

The road to the Villa from the Palace was incredibly crowded between the security, the tourists and the hifaxians, however Letizia and Pierre took the road for a sincere talk about their parents, their childhood and the training they had received since their were kids for this moment.

At Villa Ephrussi the scene was spectacular, located on top of the first hill of the peninsula the Villa had a large yard covered in flowers and paths with an illuminated fountain in the middle and with stunning views of Princetown, the skyscrapers of Downtown Core and the yachts in the coast. The guests were supposed to be seated in the first esplanade which counted with enough tables and chairs for the 200 guests while in the front, right before the stairs that led to the yard, there was ubicated an incredible buffet with enough food for the rest of the night.

The entrance to the road that led to the Villa was even more crowded, reporters, paparazzis, cars of guests and people waiting to see a recognizable face was the scenario, the Mercedes Benz ML63 of the Prince couldn’t accelerate to more than 20 km/h but their car was not the only one with an official plate and the SUV passed by unnoticed between the bustle in direction to the gate of the Villa.

Pierre and Letizia got off the Mercedes Benz and walked to the principal door of the mansion through a long red carpet flanked by Knights of the Order.

In the double height hall and living room of the mansion, the sibling looked at each other and smiled continuing their walk to the courtyard where the entire Principal family, elite of Princetown and leaders or representatives of others nations were enjoying of one of the mot memorable nights for the Principality.

At the arches of the countryard Pierre heard at his back, 'Congratulations Prince', Pierre turned around.

'It has been a long time Pierre, how are you?' said Lucas Goch smiling, an old friend of Pierre and president of Royal Air.

The Prince and the President of one of the most recognisable companies of the Principality continued talking about their business while Letizia continued walking to where Juan Cantú, the young star of the hifaxian tennis and suitor of the Princess, was.
Last edited by British Hifax on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

British Hifax
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby British Hifax » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:31 pm

[ Villa Ephrussi,
Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Princetown, Hifax ]
[ 12:00 p.m ]

Haute couture dresses, big hats and lavish jewelry, black cars and SUVs at the gate and large tables of food, champaign and wine, some classical live music on the background and the night view of the city lights reflecting on the blue sea. Nothing atypical for a princetonian party, however, this night was different, the assumption of a Prince has been always a very special moment of the hifaxian traditions and this created a special atmosphere around the Villa which is usually used for this kind of events for its grandeur and beauty.

At 12:00 p.m., from the Montesan Fortress located on the next hill top of the Ferrat Peninsula the guests contempled an impressive fireworks show that reflected in the large fountain located middle in the courtyard, the show served not only as an incredible visual spectacle but also as a little respite between conversations to Pierre.

‘Excuse me Ambassador… I have to attend something.’ said Pierre to an Ambassador from a country that he didn’t listen the name but ‘enjoyed’ the conversation.

‘Sure Prince, there is no problem.’ answered the Ambassador while Pierre moved away in direction to Allan Telle and Laurent Gallet, two candidates to the position of Minister of State that will have their election in two months.

‘Laurent, Allan.’ said Pierre raising his glass of champagne.

The two men saludated in the same way, ‘Congratulations Prince, how does it feel?’, asked Allan with a slight smile in his face.

‘Fairly as I was expecting…’ answered the Prince laughing, ‘I can already feel the responsibilities, I bet you should be also feeling them, candidates’

‘Pierre, you know me, I am very used to feel this’ said Laurent Gallet with a more friendly tone, ‘...we were talking about the elections, a friendly talk before the run.’

‘Sounds good, I’m waiting to hear about your platforms, Hifax First has been taking surprisingly strange decisions in the Parliament, specially you Laurent.’

‘It’s my work in the party, hah, there are certain conservative ideals that voters aren’t interested in since years, that is why our friends here,’ said Gallet moving his glass to the right where Allan Telle was, ‘...had been winning the elections since 1999.’

‘Be careful Gallet,’ laughed Allan drinking champagne, ‘... the people is very sure of what they will vote, the polls show it…’

The three men continued the conversation about the election coming in February while at the same time on the right side of the courtyard far from the music and the people, standing on the rail and looking Princetown-ville at the distance Juan Cantú and Letizia Giusti were talking about their coming future together, after all, the recently crowned Princess and the young tennis player were dating for more than a year escaping from the cameras and the scandals.

‘I’m sure your Family would be very supportive, I’m not any guy of Princetown, they know me.’ said Juan laughing and watching the face of Letizia.

‘I know, it’s not that…’ said Letizia making a pause, ‘I feel that this is not the moment for a new scandal, the elections are coming in two months and everything will be very messed up.’

‘What I’m trying to say Letizia is, I won’t wait more... I can’t wait more,’ responded Juan emphasizing in the last part of the sentence. ‘We could announce it and then leave to Saint Barts, you know I have a villa there, we can spend some months there while everything here relaxes.’

‘You know I can’t leave now Princetown Juan, let me think in something… I think we could make something before the elections.’

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents