NATION

PASSWORD

Alaruni Summit [GESO ONLY/IC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:47 am

Hobbeebian Imperium Home system: Aeos- Dark Space of the Milky Way- In orbit above the planet of Serephine- Imperial Unified Forces Docking Yard Station- Onboard the Resurgence

Drozhal' Mytal was new to his posting, untrained and unsure of his potential to help forge friends or on the other hand forge rivalries. It was an exciting day, or at least it should have been. His Imperium was hurting both on the outside as enemies of the Imperium gather at her gates and from within as elements of humans have become increasingly hostile and civil unrest was on the rise. Daily reports of protests, murders and in some cases retaliatory actions, often extra judicial killings in response to said protests and murders. The problem was becoming so wide spread that entire Imperial Naval fleets had been dispatched in order to regain control of certain populations who had even flirted with the idea of open rebellion. It was these thoughts which mulled around Drozhal's mind as he read the dossier on the prospective delegates and nations who would be attending the summit.

"Human...human...human... No wonder their species is so violent, they inhabit so much space they must be running out of room." muttered Drozhal as he filtered through the last of the dossiers before falling back on to his bed within his chambers on board the large shuttle, its silken like fabric rippled like water

It was about this time his traveling companion spoke up. "Or perhaps they are violent because other species give them no other choice?"

Drohzal scoffed in his response. "And what of our own humans population? We give them civilization that is cultured and tested over untold millennia, we give them peace, they want for nothing, and we give them purpose. why would they bite the hand that feeds and protects them? Whats you response to that Ariyah?"

Ariyh smiled and gave the best rebuttal he could think of. "True they bite the hand of the one who feeds and protects them... but like all creatures who are afforded this luxury... they are still in a cage. Granted its a very big cage... but its still a cage. Humans lives their entire lives in a cage of one fashion of another." Ariyah looks at his own hand and continues "If I an blessed by the Tribunal and never meet my end in battle then I will remain in this Universe for many more hundreds of thousands of years in good health before my health will being to fail and even then it will take many hundreds of thousands still before I will be called unto the Aetherium, but humans? They are lucky if they live a natural life longer then a hundred and fifty standard years before they are called and during this time they are born, grow, fall in love, have children, grow old and watch their children have children and in more extreme cases see their grandchildren have children and they do all this in the time it takes for one Eborian child to become old enough to go to school. We take our longevity for granted... because it is. And what do we as their Imperial lords command of them? We command that they be productive, that they serve, and die for our Empire and what do we give them in return for their provision? Another cage... we keep them under an oppressive system that holds them back and keeps them from their chance to earn greatness and glory... So perhaps Drozhal... perhaps that is why they are so violent."

Drozhal was struck... it was such an easy concept... yet had never considered it. "I will be more mindful of this when we get to the summit."

Ariyah nodded approvingly before turning and making his way to the ships bridge leaving his younger counter part to reflect on his words.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arrival

The shuttle was one of the only Hyperhellsion class vessels of its size, which was far smaller then its next closest counter part- a light frigate, as such it lacked the traditional Trans-Omni Drives of its larger more powerful cousins and was forces to take the Jump gate network ( a proud project of the GESO which made the trip possible without requiring a massive warship to make it within a reasonable timeframe). Though the ship wasn't any less beautiful. Its sleek hull and its confusingly complex angles and shapes made it difficult to tell it it had a rounded base structure or one of stiff sharp corners and its simultaneously shimmering, yet dull metallic color did nothing to help. A faint blue and gold hue of light seemed to emit from all points with no solid indication of a point of origin even a lack of basic sub-light propulsion drive light gave no visual.

The vessel glided its way through the system space of the Strarus people ultimately coming into orbit around the planet where the summit was taking place and a smaller dispatch shuttle lefts its hanger and began its descent towards the planets surface following all the proper channels and traffic control. Drohzal couldn't help but look upon the landscape and was greeted by a site he would never forget.

"They still build with stone, both natural and artificial" Drohzal commented as he continued his observation.

Ariyah glanced up from his reading and materialized a viewing of the outside. "They consider it an artisan skill to be able to shape the stone with tools of the hand instead of technology. Much like our own artisans back home, they tool value craftsmanship"

Soon enough the shuttle hand landed and they were off on a convey towards the ancient building where the other delegates where probably already debating. The people one the streets watched as they drove past before coming to the steps of their destination. Drohzal was about to step outside before he was stopped by Ariyah.

"Close you eyes when you step out. Our eyes are not adjusted for their world and it will likely be a lot to take in your first time."

Drohzal took his advice and shut his eyes as he opened the door, and even with his eyes closed the power of their star and the pure rare electrical power flowing through their structures and devices hurt his eyes.

"How do you get used to such?" Drohzal asked as he shielded his eyes with his hand and stumbled back a bit. Ariyah stood him stead but said nothing.

Eventually they got to the halls after the regular security and without any fan fair took their seats in the hall and listened.
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

The Second Brotherhood of Planets
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am

Pordlandia wrote:-snip-

Gridlock is a failure of the system. Inaction is a failure of the people.

Red Talons wrote:-snip- I believe that we should find a middle ground between the proposals. It is obvious that this alliance does not have a functioning polity as large as it once was and I do believe that the current charter does need alterations. I rather like Niel's proposal, though I also feel it lacks a system of accountability for those outside the leadership. As an organization, we need to be able to act, and hesitant delegation will always get you killed when your life is on the line. Cultures move at a different pace than people, words take time to be passed along. In this regard, a simplistic method of governance should be preferred for our mutual survival. It should also not be without equality. If it is too simple then tyranny will take root eventually. I do not wish to see this alliance become a tool for malicious ends, any more than I want us to fall under Frankish fire while we argue about how we should work together. I have seen a galaxy burning from the raging fires of war, and I'd like to hope I won't see another, but if I do, I'd prefer it not be the one I live in.[/color]" He tucked the datapad into the robe before folding his hands on the table.

Representative Th'shyreth rose once more.

"My esteemed colleagues have summarized the issues at hand. Narrowing our leadership brings the risks of tyranny and corruption. Yet long-term inaction has also rendered our alliance rather inefficient. Despite numerous accomplishments, the alliance may gradually fade from a gradual lack of participation. Perhaps what we need, more than some attempt to secure power for a few, is a pledge by member states to stand tall and act. To remain focused and resolute at working with GESO and utilizing the system we have. Even the finest train will rust itself useless if it sits idle at the station. Even the finest ship will one day become a worthless pile of dust if it never lifts off to wander the stars."
Last edited by The Second Brotherhood of Planets on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horace Walpole: "The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

Member of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!

NS Stats are mostly acknowledged here, but multiply NS pop by 5 to get State Approved total!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Intergalactic Bulletin:  Alt Human Homeland rediscovered and reclaimed.  Locals 'uplifted' in response to paranormal activity.  Brotherhood delegation invited to mysterious assembly, Mmrnmhrm deployed. More to Follow...

RawHein
Envoy

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:57 am

Red Talons wrote:He gestured to the optic drone hovering over his shoulder. "I believe that we should find a middle ground between the proposals. It is obvious that this alliance does not have a functioning polity as large as it once was and I do believe that the current charter does need alterations. I rather like Niel's proposal, though I also feel it lacks a system of accountability for those outside the leadership. As an organization, we need to be able to act, and hesitant delegation will always get you killed when your life is on the line. Cultures move at a different pace than people, words take time to be passed along. In this regard, a simplistic method of governance should be preferred for our mutual survival. It should also not be without equality. If it is too simple then tyranny will take root eventually. I do not wish to see this alliance become a tool for malicious ends, any more than I want us to fall under Frankish fire while we argue about how we should work together. I have seen a galaxy burning from the raging fires of war, and I'd like to hope I won't see another, but if I do, I'd prefer it not be the one I live in." He tucked the datapad into the robe before folding his hands on the table.

"My esteemed colleagues have summarized the issues at hand. Narrowing our leadership brings the risks of tyranny and corruption. Yet long-term inaction has also rendered our alliance rather inefficient. Despite numerous accomplishments, the alliance may gradually fade from a gradual lack of participation. Perhaps what we need, more than some attempt to secure power for a few, is a pledge by member states to stand tall and act. To remain focused and resolute at working with GESO and utilizing the system we have. Even the finest train will rust itself useless if it sits idle at the station. Even the finest ship will one day become a worthless pile of dust if it never lifts off to wander the stars."

Far'Ha of Hein added his voice to the discussion. He rose from a wooden greatchair, recovered from the Confrencium of an extinct House that had built underground, and survived the Dinistrio (lit. Doom of the Homeland). Now it was the only one of its age, as scavengers and archaeologists dug into Hein's ruined surface.

"I can only agree with Far'Roze and Far'Thi- Far'Thuh-" He closed his eyes briefly, both to think and to hide the vein of violet confusion that was creeping into his iris. "Far'Th'shyreth" he finished. "My predecessor wrote the Charter as it stands now, and despite his best intentions, it's clear that its implementation has gone awry. We lost a delegate over it, and change is necessary and urgent. Two courses are available to us - we can reduce the number of positions, and go with a single small Council to make all decisions, or we can increase diplomatic engagement.

We've been trying the latter for the best part of a year now, and results have not solved the problem. But the former would easily, and rightly, lead to accusations of tyranny and abuse of power. We can get around that by accordingly reducing GESO's scope to a looser alliance, with more autonomy for member nations, but that would defeat the point of the organisation in the first place."

"The only course of action, then, is to proceed as Far'Roze suggests. Let us merge the Security and Executive Councils; let us have a single Council for all political and military decision-making, with special-purpose child organisations for research, aid, and" -a brief cough- "the SEU. That will help give the delegates a sense of importance, and incentive them to engage in the process. At the same time, increase the SG's term to ten years, with the opportunity to call an election every two years. That way SGs can still be removed, but only if the delegates are interested in voting."
The Raw'Hein naming system.
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

[REDACTED BY MOD] (no registration or extra software necessary)

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:00 am

Minister Ki had keenly listened to all the opinions and proposal changes that had been set forth. He patiently looked around the room and let out a soft sigh. The Prodish delegates had made an outstanding point. There were many many decades of precedent of a working system. But it was only due to participation.

He weighed the three obvious choices before him, centralization, rule by council or have things remain as they where . The original intent of the GESO had changed mangatuides over the many years of its existence, sometimes for the better sometimes for the worst. But it had always pulled through.

He finally stood up to speak after all the delegates had their turn in voicing their opinion. He cleared his throat and said in a calm collective manner toward his fellow delegates, his voice would increase as time would turn more in to an unintentional preach.

“My fellow delegates, we have a critical decision on our hands here at this moment, on one hand we are presented with the facts that many decades of precedent set that rule by council and rule by participating member states in guiding the affairs of the GESO has been a successful exercise.

We cannot deny that member state participation within the system we already have would be key to its continued existence, but we also cannot deny that the lack of that participation has let it falter to a point where the mechanics of the system at many levels have stopped functioning to satisfy even some of the basic guarantees of our charter. Who is to say that continuing this system would be the right thing to do ? We must take into account those precedents that we ourselves as allies have set, and we must ask before posing that question are we all capable do we all have the will to commit to once again achieve the great and wonderful things we have done in the past?

Yet on the other hand, we are offered with two alternatives, one is a mere modification where the executive offices are merely an extension of an upper council of executives appointed by election from the general assembly whom merely delegate the responsibility of secretary general to a member of that elected council to on behalf of both the assembly and the council speak and act with expediency under heavy check and heavy scrutiny from his or her or its peers.

This compromise of course keeps in line with the GESO’s democratic and sacrosanct beliefs but once more my fellow sapient's do we have the will to keep our system? Do we have the will to participate in this system? Can we keep the interest of the many as the dominate driving force which it has always been under this change?

We must think to ourselves, what would any future and current members would want for their nations out of this organization .. Security, Peace, Prosperity.. Freedom of movement and most of all the freedom of self determination when it comes to the much grander machine we are all now apart of.

-Ki opened his hands and simulating the two decisions to weigh continuing to speak with them and his voice in tandem. -

Our second choice is a centralized system where three officials would be granted a wide swath of powers over alliance affairs, to the Terran Alliance this seems to be an abhorrent disregard for the democratic principles of this Alliance and a flagrant disregard for what it is meant to protect what it stands for. Yet is it truely right to dmissis this concept? It did come to this floor with good intentions, but are the basic ideas behind the Triumvirate and its intentions wrong?

Points have been made across this summit about change, about different ideas and compromises to bridge the gaps between beliefs. Fellow sapients if there is to be reform we must ask ourselves what do we stand for , what will we want to stand for ? We have a long tradition of protecting those outside of our borders and within, a long tradition of showing the universe a civilizing light of peace and prosperity. We are threatened now by forces beyond our galaxy and our borders , forces as I have stated before beant on our destruction. If we do not compromise or carefully weigh what we do here today , they may win.. Either by tossing us into the bowels of tyranny or using our divided stance against us.

The heart of the issue at play the core of it all, is participation of all member states , ones who signed the charter ones who pledged through ill and well to defend one another and to support peace or to protect freedom of their brethren or sisters. No system we make here today none will survive or function nominally if no state is willing to voice their stance to vote on key decisions to support GESO efforts domestic and foreign, then we may as well dissolve this alliance that we have all worked tirelessly to uphold and to support so that it may stand in the way of tyranny in the way of as the Talonian delegate put it the flames that could consume the galaxy and those within.

-Ki cleared his throat again, he took the glass of water on his table slipping his clawed fingers around it and placing it to his muzzle sipping the cold refreshing liquid. Almost panting he continued-

Fellow sapients , I fear that if we do not come together as we have in the past once more we will fall to the will of our advancing enemy and we shall be struck down one by one.. Divided and conquered, I assure all of you that there can be no other way forward for this Alliance than the maintain its commitment to a democratic principle so that ALL voices from ALL powers are equal and represented. We cannot support the Triumvirate on the grounds that it is merely a step toward chains, but we cannot deny the true core of the issue may not lay within the system itself but the body meant to keep the machinery going.

If reforms are to happen, the Terran Alliance would strongly support the amendment to the charter and compromises proposed thereafter consisiting of merger of offices to the executive council as a collective head. We do have a proposal however, we believe that the office of supreme allied commander should be reorganized into the office of Joint Command. Four commanders in non-elective positions appointed by the executive council. The only reason the Terran Alliance had held the post of SAC was and is because we are the highest contributor to the GRF as a whole.. We suggest that contributions to the GRF force wise, officer wise and supply wise should be considered if that proposal is accepted.

My good sapients, we are all at war right now, we must unite we must stand firm I implore all of you to once more reach in your memories for what the core of the GESO is and was and what it stands for ,and know in your souls, your hearts, your minds that we hold the fate of the entire galaxy not just our own in OUR hands at this very moment. It is as if we are an incarnation of the ancient god Atlas holding up the free galaxy.

I believe that makes clear our stance on the matter, thank you for your time I hope we do get this settled so that our representatives in Union City can begin their tasks regarding the affairs of GESO.

With that he took his seat once more, yet again he had to make a speech and yet again he could feel his throat burn from his intense oration. Ki knew now how Shore had won the presidency, dealing with affairs like this bring sides together and making speeches.. Brushing off a thought of his own political future the wolvian sat back in his chair.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

RawHein
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Far'Ha cleared his throat - it had taken him some time to learn how to mimic the sound - and uploaded a document onto the chamber's network. "I believe I have a new Charter amendment to simplify GESO's structure. Additions are marked in bold, and some sections have been moved to improve readability. The post of SAC has been abolished and replaced with JCC groups, to be merged, split, and appointed or dissolved as situations that require them arrive. After the restructuring, GESO' should look like this."

GESO Charter

We, the sapient people of this galaxy; whom had many of their forebears struggle through the unforgiving void and maelstrom of despair, come together today in this hall in order to preserve our sacrosanct freedoms that had been won with blood, toil, and will - henceforth establish the Galactic Economic And Security Organization in order to preserve the way of life that all sapient beings; human or otherwise have the universally given right to enjoy. In order to push back the tides of darkness and chaos that would ruin the temple of personal liberty, and tarnish the essence of freedom. And so we pledge this document for both posterity and prosperity to establish a noble and enlightened league of nations dedicated to the preservation of all life, and to establish a sacrosanct conviction to defend the liberty of the individuals privy to this document. Yet we, the signatory powers recognise that violence is not the solution to every challenge; and indeed should be the final resort. The Galactic Economic And Security Organisation is a faction of peace foremost, and the signatories to this treaty will uphold the virtues of honour, dignity, diplomacy, mutual cooperation, and peace.

In entering this agreement, all parties agree to mediate disputes and coexist in harmony; suffering the countless genocides, the destruction, and the subsequent galactic dark ages that followed the era of disorder we the species of the Galactic Economic and Security Organisation look forth to protect ourselves; to expand our knowledge of the universe, and to better the galaxy as a whole. We do not seek conquest; we seek knowledge, understanding, and economic prosperity.

To affirm this commitment, we establish these sets of amendments based on the principle of universal liberty, cultural liberty, religious freedom, and tolerance to all peoples amongst us.

Article 1 - Rights
A. Speech: All sapient beings are to be granted the freedom of expression, speech, and thought; such actions may not be censured in international zones; any censured parties involved may ask for asylum from any number of member worlds. This protection does not extend to the planning, encouragement, or promotion of criminal activity causing material harm.

B. Movement: unless denied by the JCC or the receiving world, all signatories shall retain free passage to their destination. Member powers shall promote freedom of movement for goods and services between worlds, and will attempt to minimise conditions that could cause an economic imbalance in interstellar trade between member governments. Although the Galactic Economic and Security Organisation cannot impede upon the sovereign decisions of a power to restrict trade through its borders or interfere to an extent in any internal policy, compensation for lost goods and services may be enforced if a member brings a grievance of merit to the Council.

Article 2 - Military
A. Signatories to this document henceforth shall pledge to uphold the ideals of intergalactic stability, and economic and civil freedom. With such aims, all peoples governed under this pledge shall strive to settle disputes amongst governments through peaceful means, and should refrain from destabilising galactic affairs with unnecessary acts of aggression.

B. In the event of an act of aggression between two or more member states of the GESO, the Secretary-General* shall appoint a negotiator to mediate the conflict and resolve it. If the negotiator can not resolve it, the Secretary-General shall work with an appointed JCC group to develop a peacekeeping mission using GRF forces to end the conflict.

C. In the event of an act of aggression between a member of the Alliance and a non-member, the Secretary-General* shall appoint a team of three ambassadors to attempt to resolve the dispute peacefully within a particular time. If they do not succeed, or if they no longer believe their efforts to be worthwhile, members of the Alliance are obligated to defend those attacked unless or until the Executive Council has voted otherwise (bearing in mind Article 2A).

*(or Reserve, see Article 5B.B)

D. To guarantee the functionality of this treaty to its fullest extent, member worlds jointly and individually by effective self-sustained capacity and mutual aid, will maintain and improve upon a collective and sufficient self defence capacity to resist armed aggression.

Article 4 - GRF
A. The GRF (Galactic Response Force), shall be established as a unified military force sanctioned to carry out the duties of collective defence, strategic, and tactical operations that are authorised by the Secretary-General and the Council. It is subservient to the Council, and any appointed JCC group as necessary.

B. The GRF is obliged to promote from its ranks a military liaison, for representation at the Council and to convey its wishes to the GRF. They may not vote, serving a purely advisory and observatory role.

C. The GRF will initially consist of vessels, stations, yards and other installations donated by member states for either limited or permanent leases. The Force shall maintain a mix of both, but should strive to field solely Force-owned vessels, operated by volunteer crews from member states. Funding for this shall come from, and be authorised by, the Council.

D. Deployment of the GRF, on large scale operations, may only come through confirmed action by the Council, or by the Secretary-General. The Secretary-General* may unilaterally deploy the GRF on large-scale operations without Council approval for a limit of twenty days, as defined by the Sol calendar, before the Council must approve the deployment and extend it. Without approval, all deployed units are to be recalled immediately. Small-scale deployments, not to exceed more then eight ships in any form, are not subject to this rule.

*(or Reserve, see Article 5B.B)

Article 5 - Secretary-General
A. The Galactic Economic and Security Organisation, noting the fact that an overall speaker and presiding member over council meetings is needed, hereby establishes the office of the Secretary-General. This office, shall be responsible for directing and leading various GESO organisations and for chairing meetings, resolving tie-breaks, representing GESO at inter-governmental functions and making public statements on behalf of GESO, as well as the executive administration of the Alliance as he or she sees fit.

B. The Secretary-General will be elected from within the Council, any member may propose a candidate and the entire member list shall vote on their first, second and third preferred candidates. The candidate with the lowest number of first preference votes is eliminated, and their votes are redistributed to their second preferences, or their third if the second has already been eliminated, until three candidates remain. The member with the greatest number of votes will become SG, while the candidates with the second and third greatest will be First and Second Reserve SGs, respectively.

(I) All shall serve for ten years, unless impeached by the Council. Impeachment can be called for every two years, and requires two seconding representatives and a two-third super-majority vote. In the event of an impeachment, the next Reserve SG will serve in the interim period until the next election is completed or two months elapse, whichever is sooner.

(II) The SG will renounce ties to their home nation for the good of GESO as a whole. In matters in which the SG has executive power, such as the appointment of negotiators and mediators, they are prohibited from doing so in events in which their origin nation has a significant interest apart from GESO as a whole. In this case, their authority is enacted by a Reserve SG without an interested origin nation.

Article 6 - Structure and Child Organisations
A. Establishes the Executive Council. The Council shall consist of a representative from each member nation.
    (II): The Executive Council is responsible for the administration, directing and managing of GESO Child organisations as spelled out below, and for any political discussions and enforcement actions that do not fall under their puview.

B. Establishes the following child organisations with their particular responsibility.
    (I): Galactic Response Force(GRF) - As Established under Article 4.
    (II): The Galactic Aid and Development Agency (GADA)
      1. To co-ordinate international efforts and responses to natural and sapient-made disasters;
      2. To help provide aid to nations and populations exposed to natural and sapient-made disasters should they be unable to effectively cope alone;
      3. To help maintain international food security and to provide food aid to populations suffertng from endemic malnutrition;
      4. To provide aid to and co-ordinate the response to refugees and internTlly displaced persons;
    5. To help sponsor and support NGOs that help in fulfilling its mission statement.

(III) Strateagic Espionage Unit
    1. To be led by a three person team filled by different GESO member-states, the Triumvirate, by appointment of the Council. Term is 3 years on a rotating basis, with a new member every year. The Triumvirate is directly responsible to the Executive for all activities, but may request that disclosure of activities be limited to nations having more than ten years of membership.
    2. The SEU is required to maintain personnel with updated training and intelligence before deploying in field. It is permitted to use any and all abilities granted by magic, psionic or technological artefacts. Utilities procurement through unofficial channels to obfuscate SEU involvement.
    3. Any asset can be deployed at foreign sites with the approval of the Triumvirate. Assets may only operate on local sites with a specific request from the appropriate jursidiction with a specific and defined scope and timeframe.

(IV) Interstellar Research Institute
    1. Responsible for intergalactic disease control and response.
    2. Work closely with GADA to facilitate medical aid in help combat the outbreak of a contagion.
    3. Facilitate collaborative research into a broad spectrum of sciences, including but not limited to training in cross-species application, archaeological and historical research.
    4. May fund scientific endeavours throughout GESO as desired and according to their budget, provided that no national discrimination is made.

(V) Joint Cross-Military Command groups (JCCs)[/list]
    1. To serve at the appointment of the Council, to coordinate GRF and national forces in joint military operations for the purpose(s) that the Council sets in their objectives, until they are dissolved by the Council.
    2. To make regular progress reports, and defer all political decisions or decisions with major political impact to the Council.

(VI) GESO Judicial Court (GJC).
    1. To manage the judgement of crimes that have occurred in international territory, and hear cases for extradition to the appropriate nation.
    2. To mediate trade disputes that do not merit the Council's attention.
    3. To act solely with regard to fairness, integrity and not to political pressure, even from the Council. To this end, judges of the GJC may vote on potential members rather than the Council.

Article 7 - Trade:
To assist in the accomplishment of strong trade link between all member states GESO hereby:

A. Establishment a of a Gateway Network. Gateways allow for almost instantaneous travel between set destinations. GESO shall therefore run and maintain a network of gateways between member and founder states. Each state may define the extent of their involvement within the network specifying suitable destinations. States may choose to totally exclude the gateway network from all of their systems, incorporate a small list of connections or fully deploy a network within their boundaries.

B. Establish a collection of reserve currencies that member and founder states are recommended to hold. This is to assist in providing financial stability and access to a variety of markets at ease. There is no minimum amount that states must hold only a recommendation that they do. Reserve Currencies are currently set as, Terran Credits but may be added to by a successful majority vote.

Article 8 - Amendments
A. Establishes a formal procedure for amending this document. The Authors of this document acknowledge it to be imperfect. As times change and political factors gain and lose importance, a static alliance cannot last forever. Any member of the Council having served for more than a year may propose an amendment, after which:

(I): At least two members must announce their support,

(II): A vote is called. In order to pass the vote, a simple majority of the SC must be in favour. The Secretary-General may, if they believe the amendment to be detrimental to GESO as a whole, raise the bar to a two-third super-majority.
Last edited by RawHein on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

Belgiosweden
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Belgiosweden » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:13 pm

Haegore squinted as he saw one of the illusion scrolls be pocketed by a delegate. He could feel it's connection to him vanish as it solidified into a solid scroll. "Impressive" he muttered to himself. It had been a while since he's seen someone make solid an illusion.

Niel was clearly disturbed by the appeals to "democracy" made by the rather verbose Terran. The charter presented was good as a compromise, but it would only be good enough if a compromise was needed. As though the Idea of the triumvirate being undemocratic had any ground.

He began, again, to tell his thought to word.

"I fail to understand how the council is supposedly more democratic than the Triumvirate. All three members of the Triumvirate are elected in the same fashion as the current executives. The democratic process is preserved in both instances to the same degree.

The very concept that the oligarchical bureaucracy that is the executive council, is somehow more democratic than the Triumvirate is plain nonsense.

And as for the accountability issue; The Triumvirate is accountable to memberstates at all times, As the council is now. This idea that the council members and Triumvirate members are somehow differently accountable has no grounds.

And finally; May I remind all of you here that this is an alliance. Neither the Triumvirate nor the council are responsible for the memberstates internal affairs. The only person powerful enough to enforce tyranny in the GESO are the Terrans. Most of the GRF belongs to them...

Niel briefly looks and gestures over to the UTA's delagate, before returning to his speach.

"This is an alliace. One cannot simply enforce tyranny in an alliance. The members can just leave at will. What power does the supposed tyrant have that would allow for him to exercise tyranny? Unless we are to fear the Terrans as a potential threat, then the answer is simple...

...No power.

This constant fear of corruption and Tyranny is completely unwarranted in a situation where those under said tyranny can simply leave, or if needed, run to an alternative. In order to maintain power of any kind within the GESO, one must adhere to the needs of the members. For the members are the ones whom'st have decided whom has the right to rule in the first place. All are accountable to the members at all times and it is they who decides whom has the right to run the alliance.

For at the end of the day, that is all the Triumvirate will do.

Run the alliance. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Quickly and efficiently.

And unlike the council they will not fracture.

The three must work to balance the GESO and it is the democratic right of every meberstate to vote whom they wish to appoint to a position. And the Triumvirate will endeavor to ensure the needs of the alliance are met lest they not be voted back to office"

Niel Sigh and rubbed his head for a moment before adding a final statment.

"Now I beleive that whilst the delegates here make their decision on weather to choose one of the proposals or stay the same, we should shift unto a more pressing matter. War is afoot"

Niel returned to his seat next to the tall robed bear. Heagore looking at him, saying nothing, before look over at Izumi and giving a nod. "We are certainly not alone in our opinions it would seem" He quietly mentioned to Niel.

"Why do you think I was so eager to follow up? Wouldn't heart to rally more support if we are already doing well" He replied, his eyes quickly glancing between the bear and the woman in a confused manner.
"Someone you know?"

"Know of...

Didn't expect to see them here. If we had been informed of that, King Robert himself might have shown up"

Niel chuckled and shook his head as he went back to observing.
"Hallå, I am King Robert I the Conqueror of Belgiosweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, the collective feudal states of the wandering world, and the collective feudal states of the outer colonies.
Did I mention Feudalism?"

Important note:
This nation embodies the road not taken, most of my technology relies on the rules and principles in the link below https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bel ... /id=860629

Also don't be shy to join the neutral space discord, It's always nice to see new people.
Neutral Space

Pordlandia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pordlandia » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:43 am

The Pordish delegation once again begins chatting amongst themselves concering how to proceed; Kazhel wishes to withdraw from the summit entirely as it is becoming increasingly obvious the Broderskap reformists will at least in some facet succeed with introducting reforms - reforms directed at fixing a system that is not broken. Pokyshak only narrowly persuades him from this withdrawal, and as Minister Ki drones on in the background with a long-winded speech, their attention is drawn back to the presented legislation.

It is now that the Raw'Hein come forth with another proposal. Kazhel is quick to his feet; he stands with a wide stance to project his voice for all to hear loudly:

I think we have seen enough, he says to the gathered, of these attempts to fix men with parchment. Let me propose a question to all of us here -

Kazhel scans the faces of the gathered one by one.

This great organization has existed for about half a year by our own calendar; in this time there has been but one constant: we have attempted to exist as a tighly-bound alliance; a strong organization more resembling a nation than union of nations. And in this time what we have seen is a general push-back from our members - members who joined this organization for the protection it offers and the resources it provides but little more; as we have seen, these members are largely not interested in a closely-knit alliance. He turns to the Belgioswede Niel.

You worry of Terran hegemony brought on by their GRF commitment. I refute the notion that the Terrans contribute to the GRF to impose tyranny. No, the reality is far more somber.

He stops briefly to catch his breath. Pokyshak looks through the scrolls once more.

The GRF has proportionally more Terran vessels because the vast majority of GESO members do not care about the alliance. They are here to receive, not give. The greater bulk of our member-base contributes nothing to our alliance other than land that we are obligated to defend. I stated before our problems are one of the people, not the system. We will not fix our issues until we step back a take a good look at what we want GESO to be and what it should stand for.

Once more Kazhel stops. A moment passes before he continues again.

This then is my question: What is GESO?
Last edited by Pordlandia on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grazhni Pordlandia
Memory of Rekazhenvolash
Imperial Nalydian Military Assessment | Factbook
"Yeah I don't understand how that isn't just nonsensical tripe dressed up with large words."
"We'd become like galaxy killers by the end of it, each alliance far too powerful to win but too proud to give up."
"No, that's not science. None of that was science. "

RawHein
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Fel'Ha thought a moment, taking a pull of Blue (just quick one, he was trying to quit) to focus before getting to his feet and responding, a transcript dropped in hand by an attentive clerk. "Fel'Pokyshack, I believe that we see the same issue, but favour separate tools. The fact, much as we occasionally wish it to not be so, is that we can control the words of vellum, but not the nature of people. Certainly, yes, the galaxy suddenly becoming politically enthused and acquiring an interest in councils and complex political structures, would be the ideal solution. But we have tried persuading nations to participate in our system as it stands, and as the sun sets we still have a shortage.

We can either persist in trying to find the most dedicated and loyal of nations -indeed, most delegates seem to think we're merely pretending in an imaginary alliance- who may not exist, or who may suddenly disappear, as indeed I did when I was recalled to Hein]Lar, or who may take years to find. Or we can change ourselves to attract new allies. One, I feel, is futile, whereas the other is, while a compromise of GESO's founders' vision, potentially successful.To answer your question - GESO's goal is to be a political, cultural, and military alliance, and in its current state, it is slowly dying , dying of apathy and ignorance. We can't solve that directly, but we can make it less effective, by making it easier to join and easier to participate.

But sacrificing the right for every nation to have a say, is not the answer. Expecting one person, to represent the whole of GESO in civil matters, and one person in military - and for them to remain totally incorruptible, perfectly competent, and the most strong and iron of will, never showing the slightest favour or fault - is not the answer. It is foolhardy, and sets expectations no person could ever live up to."
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

Belgiosweden
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Belgiosweden » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Niel listened to the Pord's response. Confused at first, but then a smirk grew on his face, then chuckle, then he and the rest of the Belgioswedish delegation found themselves in tears.

Niel had never laughed so hard in his life.

The very idea that the Pord was even considering, that He was implying, that the Terrans, of all people, were tyrannical in nature was hilarious to him.

Not to mention Haegore who's bellowing howls of joy could be heard from outside.

The bear stopped to wipe a tear from his eye.

"Truly you are an artful comic, Pord" He stated aloud. "Believing that we would think for a second that those pansies were capable of installing a tyrannical regime is just... So Ludicrous"

"To think anyone would cast a vote to put such twitchy morons in power"

He looks around the room at the other delegates.

"Is this really what The High lord admiral is going up against?" His eyebrow raised as his gaze shifted across the delegations.

"I came here expecting this to be a conference between the civilized peoples of the galaxy. But all I'm seeing is a primitive people trying to keep everybody else down by stopping the system form improving. Grabbing at whatever they can to poke any sort of hole in the steal hull of progress. Do us all a favour and stick to your oversize boats and your frosty hovels, lest your incompetence lead us to the real tyranny"

Niel was not expecting Haegore to get involved like this, let alone insult the Pords so directly. Though it was commonplace for the Belgioswedes to look down upon many of the other nations of the verse due to their frankly bizarre behavior.

Clearly Haegore knew the Belgioswedes had the support they needed, and he was not afraid to show off.

Haegore took another look around the room before before tilting his head at the Pords.

As if to be asking them to dig their little hole deeper.
"Hallå, I am King Robert I the Conqueror of Belgiosweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, the collective feudal states of the wandering world, and the collective feudal states of the outer colonies.
Did I mention Feudalism?"

Important note:
This nation embodies the road not taken, most of my technology relies on the rules and principles in the link below https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bel ... /id=860629

Also don't be shy to join the neutral space discord, It's always nice to see new people.
Neutral Space

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:45 am

Speech in Passion Major

Ki looked on, he was somewhat exasperated by the fact that Haegore had taken examples Of the GRF’s situation to such extreme and now resorted to personal insults against the pords. Like any good diplomat he held his tongue and politely and calmly rose to face all the delegations present. He began yet another oration in response to the other delegates responses.

“Fellow sapients, ambassadors Kazhel , and Fel'Ha have spoken truth, a truth that to the Terran Alliance is unequivocal, I am quite hopeful ambassador Haegore is not branding us the vehicle of tyranny and that his outburst is not a sign of his powers future divisive conduct within this meeting or assumption or presumption of any right to pass judgement.

Because he must be well aware that it is our people our industry and our blood that is out there right now along side our pordish bretheren holding back a tide of destruction that could leave every single power in this room in ashes.. our alliance will fall if our current conditions continue, if our inaction continues and if we delude ourselves into thinking that the power of the few and exclusivity of membership to our organization will be the key to the way out we will surely perish as an organization.

To answer that simple question . The GESO means peace, prosperity, liberty, security and civilization. And a means to secure ourselves our allies from the scourge of many extragalactic and intra-galactic problems that have plagued and will continue to plague our existence. Precedent has shown that we have been an outward looking organization an outward looking alliance helping those in need, negotiating peace between powers and gaining new members through diplomatic means , not through means of conquest. We stand by the proposal presented by Fel'Ha as the only compromise to save our cherished alliance and ourselves.

We must carry on the flag of our previous achievements we must reform to face the future in a bold new light to usher in another age of security under the umbrella of our collective might our collective ability to come together and face crisis. I am sorry ambassador Haegore but I cannot support your proposal, neither can the Terran Alliance. We have seen what too much centralization can do , we have seen what it has already done. No one was prepared for this horrible war we have found ourselves in. We have a chance to reverse the decay reverse the destruction and the advance of the franks all In one reform.

It is not an easy choice. But the Trimvurant is not the way the GESO should proceed, there are simply too many chances for the organization to merely become an organ or a mouthpiece of a select few , no we cannot allow that… We must remember alliances of the past ones that have fallen because they where either too centralized or too loosely assembled. Is this the legacy we want to leave? Another failed organization of powers spiraling ever more in to a group divided by who sits in the big “chairs?” and who doesn't ? If this is what we all wish by all means let’s just strike the death nail in our coffin now.

-Ki let out a soft sigh then spoke up once more-

We not only as the founders of the GESO but as a mindful power believe the way forward was just presented to us in this new modification of the charter. In our opinion as a fellow partner to all powers involved this will begin to solve the malease that has begun to effect us. I have weighed my options heavily on this matter, believe me my fellow sapients, if I did not wholeheartedly believe that we had a chance to fix things and make our alliance once more a shining beacon for the galaxy through this process… We would not have bothered to show. I think at the end of it all we all share the same belief so al we can ask is for all of you to look at what's been presented and think, examine and choose the right course of action to save what we have to expand what we have as we did before.

It would be a tragedy if we cannot come to a simple compromise like this, power of a few versus the power of many.. The principle of this alliances foundation was that the voice of the many smaller and the voice of the few powerful stellar polities would be equally represented. But times have changed war is upon us, but we cannot abandon our basic principles it would be a travesty of the greatest magnitude. And a message to those who spilled their blood to preserve what we have here that their sacrifice is in vain.. That they lay dead for nothing. Do we really wish to have that on our immortal consciences?

We cannot dare to presume that we can lead the free galaxy if we ourselves do not contain within our charter the basic principles of a free and equally representative council. But to maintain our liberties and our current charter which provides as precedent and the framework of which we can work in to provide a better system for all powers who are and will be members, we must embrace some change. And the mildest and effective of which lays with in this proposal here!

-He had a handy copy of the charter printed out on digital paper, it was a small stack he picked it up and thumped it on his table placing his finger passionately upon its cover.-

It continues our principles and traditions, but it also reforms our structure in such a manner that we may act swiftly while keeping to what the original intent of the GESO and its many forms over the years have been.

-he thumped it again-

This is our salvation, this is our compromise, the matter is now up to all of us to decide shall we go down one path or the other? I chose the path in this new charter wholeheartedly. The fate of your future, OUR future, GESO’s future is in your hands and in your minds. Let us not pervert the democratic process by voting to restrict it, because we all know that it starts with that … Then further perversion follow and then further.. Trillions of lives depend on US…. are we that simple minded that we cannot heed the call for our own defense or heed the call of weaker powers of some of the most powerful nations in this galaxy whose representatives reside in this room right now ?

If we can do neither than we do not deserve something as great as the GESO, we merely deserved to be mocked in the annals of history. The Terran Alliance cannot take the path that leads toward this.. And neither should any of you. Do the right thing, we all know what the right thing here is we must.. Less we squabble between our differences while our worlds burn.

Thank you for your time...

Ki sat down letting out another sigh watching what the reaction to what he said would be, would their allies be tone deaf or would they listen ?
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:57 am

After a lot of listening, Dacon stood, "I have heard enough to form a decision on the continued participation of the UHR in GESO. Before I do though, I feel it is fair that I take this opportunity to clarify the reasons for our stance."

"We joined GESO, many years ago, on the promise of mutual cooperation for self-defence. Since the dawn of our colonisation programme the UHR have been locked in a Cold War with the Vaadians and their satellite states on our home-world. The Vaadians seek hegemon over the home-world we know as 'Daer', we resist them. The balance of power is fairly even and a hot war would likely result in the annihilation of the planet. A key component in the Dyellian resistance strategy has always been to cultivate allies to ensure that a hot-war does not eventuate.

"Over our years in GESO, it has become apparent that many decisions, which in the charter we should have a right to vote upon, are made behind closed doors in secretive committees to which we have never been invited. This includes voting on Assembly issues and election of officials.

"This has not been a major concern for us, except for the passage of the GESO Funding Act which we vehemently opposed. If the powers that be in GESO do not want us to be involved in decision making, that is of minimal concern. We did not join GESO to navigate a minefield of arcane regulations and secretive committees. We joined for mutual defence and we have paid the taxes imposed upon us.

"However, when the time came that we did face an imminent threat from the Vaadians and their satellites, GESO stood, idle. The Terrans made an appearance with some ships, but the majority of GESO did nothing. There was, I understand, an election underway, though there was certainly no vote in the Assembly on the new Secretary General. One must assume that that was another decision made in some secretive committee to which, predictably, we were not made aware of.

"It would seem that GESO is very happy to take our money but not so happy to assist us in times of trouble. It would seem that many delegates feel that the failings of GESO are due to the unwillingness of junior members to involve themselves in internal politics. As the representative of a junior member I would respond by saying that we have been systematically excluded from internal politics.

"What I have been looking for in this summit is a commitment on the part of the assembly to greater transparency in the way that decisions and elections are made. I have seen none. A revolutionary many centuries ago said that there should be no taxation without representation. As such, I regard it as my duty to present our withdrawal from GESO." he motioned for a document to be presented to the assembly, "You will see it is signed by all Dyellian Heads of State and Heads of Government."

"We are, of course, open to the negotiation of unilateral treaties with any State that may wish to pursue one. Good day to you all."

At which point the Dyellian delegate gave a respectful bow and withdrew from proceedings.

Pordlandia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pordlandia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:25 am

Once More, the Communicator

In perhaps a textbook example of Pordic stoicism, there is no visual reply from Kazhel; no grin nor smirk nor hearty belly laugh. He can only nod as the Belgioswede speaks. The form of the man reminds him of similar beings from the Great Katasian Ryk - Ursidaens, weren't they? - and of those glory days of Laptev. Times change, but it seems some things do not yield to her passage; the contants between universes... Never cease to amuse.

His attention, though, is cast upon the words of the Belgioswede as he speaks. His words, far less eloquent than the gifted diplomats of Katasia, quickly reveal... Deeper truths than those that have thus far been divulged. He turns to face Haegore directly; his robes flow with the movement and a lock of hair swishes past his eyes before he brushes it out of the way.

That you find comedy in my words says far more about your delegation than it does our own. Let the records show that it was your delegation - nam-Niel in particular - who brought forth notice of the Terran commitment to the GRF.

He stops briefly for a moment to grab a few more scrolls from Pokyshak.

The greater issue here is that High Lord Admiral Niel's commentary comes from a position of ignorance. I can appreciate your clarification, nam-Haegore Zhelenkrazhnünar, that you do not fear the Terrans. And I can understand why - GESO records, our contributions to them specifically, show that Rastho is not the first time that they have fled the field, he says with a focus on Haegore's declaration the Terrans are moronic, however, perhaps the intricacies of my wording eluded you - I did not claim that your people fear the Terrans or have genuine confidence in their ability to impose tyranny upon this alliance.

He stops once more to look through the scroll.

Rather I spoke of their intentions, not of their ability to carry out action, and that perhaps your opinion of their intentions is not the greatest.

He pauses to hand the scrolls back to Pokyshak.

This point, though, is not one for us to dwell upon. Whether or not you truly fear the Terrans is not my primary concern or even central focus - any serious fears of Terran hegemony can be dismissed out of hand by simply noting the fact that they neither have the largest fleet in GESO nor the most technologically advanced military or even a warrior mindset to offset these shortcomings... Hegemony is difficult to impose when you do not have the force required to do so - no, such things belong to the current state of the GRF and why there is the appearance of Terran dominance within its ranks.

Finally, he chuckles softly to himself. But to address your final concerns - you seem to be under the impression that we are trying to keep nations "down" and prevent progress. This isn't the case. It is our opinion that the problems with GESO stem from the polities comprising her membership. We want to address this. As far as we can tell, these attempts at revamping the leadership amount to little more than attempting brain surgery on a beast whose body has been consumed by parasites.
Last edited by Pordlandia on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grazhni Pordlandia
Memory of Rekazhenvolash
Imperial Nalydian Military Assessment | Factbook
"Yeah I don't understand how that isn't just nonsensical tripe dressed up with large words."
"We'd become like galaxy killers by the end of it, each alliance far too powerful to win but too proud to give up."
"No, that's not science. None of that was science. "

RawHein
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:18 pm

[OOC: Vote here on the proposals offered!]

EDIT: Poll has been deleted due to suspected fraud, please re-vote by posting in the thread instead so we can make sure only members are voting.
Last edited by RawHein on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

RawHein
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:22 pm

See above edit!
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:"What I have been looking for in this summit is a commitment on the part of the assembly to greater transparency in the way that decisions and elections are made. I have seen none. A revolutionary many centuries ago said that there should be no taxation without representation. As such, I regard it as my duty to present our withdrawal from GESO." he motioned for a document to be presented to the assembly, "You will see it is signed by all Dyellian Heads of State and Heads of Government."

"We are, of course, open to the negotiation of unilateral treaties with any State that may wish to pursue one. Good day to you all."

At which point the Dyellian delegate gave a respectful bow and withdrew from proceedings.

Vas' Ariyah watched as Dacon and his delegation team bowed and made their way to the door upon their withdraw from the GESO with a great pain in his heart. How far had this organization fallen, how far his own nation has fallen to the fact that it couldn't even defend its allies when they needed them the most. So far everything said throughout the negotiations seemed like static background noise, voices merged and dulled past the point of even passive recognition, that was until the claws of the conversation truly came out as one nation used information as a weapon, or at least that was what it sounded like from his perspective.

"Drohzal... go and make contact with Dacon and the Dyelli delegation... stall them I will join you shortly." commanded Ariyah as he prepared to finally speak.

"An interesting question you present... What is the GESO? WHO is the GESO. I'm sure these questions have numerous answers for each and every member state present here to today(looks slowly behind him as the Dyelli delegation finally exits the auditorium)and those who are no longer here. I can only speak for my people when I say the GESO was a means to an end... and end where we could finally integrate into a galaxy where our people could forge lasting and powerful alliances and help to ensure our survival not only as a culture but as a people and a species so that when The Tribunal calls his children home we wold not be forgotten and our lessons learned over countless millennia wouldn't be for naught... so I encourage each delegate here to search their nations proverbial souls and really reflect on what this organization means to you and your people. If your people wish only for protection and free-trade then this is how you should make yourself known and you nation should be treated as such.

As one delegate already mentioned before the internal affairs of member states were our own responsibility... This is true... It is indeed the responsibility of each nation to ensure its own domestic tranquility, but each member state is also responsible for its commitments to claimed as its own. There for I have my own proposal which could be integrated into the current workings of the current, or any new operational proposal we have on the docket before us. The institution of integration levels for membership."

Ariyah materialized his console and with a swiping motion distributed his proposal to all the attending delegation.

[proposal=Membership Integration]
Currently the GESO has two membership status'. Full Member and Observer and generally these membership levels work fine until you begin to look deeper. While nations like the Hobbeebian Imperium, the Terrans, the Pords, and a few other are mostly ok with the responsibilities of full membership, others may not be so willing or able to participate in such as fashion but they do wish to participate in a greater capacity then that of an Observer state. As such I submit to this delegation the following proposal.

1. Introduction of Integration Membership Levels.
The levels would look similar to the following:

-Full Member: A member state at this level would have access to all of what the GESO has to offer in terms of tree-trade, unrestricted access to hyper-gate networks, GRF protection and support, Economic stability through various programs and funding and acess to send a delegation to the Executive Council and have a voice in how GESO voting and operations. Though in the inverse these members will also be fully subject to GESO legislation, GRF contribution requirements, taxes and levies, and all other responsibilities set forth by the Executive Council.

-Full Trade Partner: A member state at this level would have access to the Free-trade and economic stability as full member states as well as protection of the GRF during trade disputes as well regulated access to the Hyper-Gate network for help facilitate economic stability and transportation to help foster good business relations and productivity, however no access by warships will be permitted and a fee will be assessed on a yearly basis for continued access for economic access tot said gate networks. As for responsibilities of this membership grade member states will have access to hear and debate legislation during hearings by the Executive Council but will not have voting rights on said legislation (much like a vocal lobby group). They will also be required to provide funding for the GRF for the protections that the GRF provides, but will not be required to contribute forces or hardware to the GRF,but may choose to do so in liew of providing financial support to the GRF and will also be subject and any economic legislation passed by the Executive Council.

-Common Defense Partnership: A member state at this level would have access to protection from the GRF and would contribute to the GRF forces and will provide funding to the GRF and will have access to the Hyper-Gate network for these purposes and while they will enjoy greater trade they are not entitled to the greater freedom of economic movement. The standard restrictions would be similar to that of the Full Trade Membership but with defensive natures in mind.

Observer: No change
[/proposal]
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Houseidou
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Houseidou » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:11 am

Her Divinity Izumi Fudo, despite being the primary figure for countless millions back home in the Ryuusei Cluster, couldn't help but withdraw a fan from her kimono and hide the lower half of her face at the cacophonous laughter of the Belgoswedish delegation, and the Pordish response to their antics. This will allow for her to smile and give a soft chuckle in amusement without losing any face to the other delegates, before she weighs in on the issue, folding up her fan. "Well, now, you bring up an excellent point, Ambassador Kazhel. If we are infested with this hypothetical plague, it is not imperative to determine quickly and swiftly what threats we have to our well-being, from both without and within? Every body needs an immune system, and that is exactly what the Belgoswedish propose. Therefore, I back their proposal, and I urge my fellow leaders of GESO to do the same. In this dark hour, we do not need to squabble amongst ourselves. We need strength and action, and we need it now." She gives the rest of the summit a graceful and curt bow before sitting back down. "That will be my vote, and my thoughts on this matter. Thank you."

Red Talons
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Talons » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:25 am

Roze frowned slightly, as the options were weighed be the others in the room. His striped tail flicked slowly from one side to the other. Absently swiping between the proposals a few times on the data pad before setting it aside. He seemed distracted, ears twitching without any particular reason every few minutes. In his mind, voices spoke in combative tones. He finally had to divert an avatar to better engage with them.

~What does the council decide?~
~Stars! Give a warning before doing that.~
~There is some deliberation, the other delegates are at least passionate.~
~There is no deliberation, we all know what must be done.~
~One either grows or one decays.~
~What if it is already perfect?~
~Nothing is perfect, only well adapted.~
~Then, which proposal shall be accepted?~
~The proposed Triumvirate would be the most ideal, it has worked for us for millenia~
~Agreed.~
~Tch... Until an immortal takes the seat of power.~
~Says the immortal egg sucker.~
~Do we need to have this talk in person?~
~Perhaps later~

Roze sighed audibly. "If the options are to continue with the current system, or change, I must favor change. To that effect, as the current options stand, I find in favor of Niel's presented structure. It is not entirely different in concept to the structure of the Technocracy. Though it may matter not... I am more concerned of the pressing matter of our defense. There have been some troubling reports crossing my desk regarding an aggressive military force from beyond this galactic sphere. What are we going to do, with whatever system is in place, to ensure that this galaxy does not burn down."

He folded his arms, leaning back in the seat. His tail twitched a bit erratically. His attention drifting away. His ear twitched, and he glanced at the drone a brief moment before a flash of blinding light enveloped his upper torso. A silent thump followed by the sound of crumbling rock. A partially cracked gray rock leaked silver across the table, the headless body of the Luminary sat motionless for a moment before sliding out of the chair to slump limply on the floor beneath the drone. The drone sat motionless, having oriented to focus it's primary lens on the body as silver slowly began to pool around the shoulders and soak the folds of the robe that had fallen over the neck stump.
Last edited by Red Talons on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my factbook(perpetually under construction)
Because I advocate more space-magic, Laws For Magic.
A 4.2 civilization, according to this index.
---
Defense Status
{Green}--{Orange}--|{Blue}|--{Red}--{Black}
---
Universal peace is an archaic concept.
It is like taking a handful of sand,
and expecting none of it to slip through your fingers...

=Isahil Traekith=
---
Fear is a basic emotion...
What frightens you more, the evil that you know?...
...Or the evil that you don't...
When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow...
=[Data Redacted]=

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:18 pm

The proceedings progressed in much the same way as always, with several counter proposals and a smattering of bickering. This wasn't the first time the Argonians hadn't dispatched an official delegate to a GESO function, and truth be told it likely wouldn't be the last time they opted out. The Emperor had never taken Argonian membership in the GESO seriously, nor had he committed more than a token force to anything aside from the dedicated espionage entity in the form of the SEU. Argonians harbored a nigh-clinical obsession with information, and their instrument of intelligence collection was the Black Watch, something between a secret police force and clandestine operation agency.

To that end, they'd dispatched one of their more trusted operatives to keep an eye on things. Barnabus Jei had been a Watchman for about fifty years now, a gifted operative with a very special Gift. He'd been accompanied by his bodyguard, a mountainous human named Harkon. Every Watchman was given free reign over the manner in which he conducted his operations, and Jei had gravitated towards maintaining a small cadre of specialists over the larger retinues of his peers. Harkon was one of these specialists, a bear-like Tyrwozi berserker Jei had acquired the loyalty of some twenty years ago from the Argonian vassal-world of Tyrwoz. Fanatically loyal, Harkon was a beastly-looking individual. Broad-shouldered even without his ever-present armor, he loomed like a stone colossus in Jei's shadow, somehow exuding both an annoyed indifference and an air of casual brutality as he cast his eyes back and forth, scanning for threats. A full head taller than his employer, Harkon was as much a deterrent to trouble as he was a solution.

Jei himself was a bit less obvious. Normal-looking by Argonian standards and clad in a non-descript suit of black wool, Jei's only truly remarkable feature was his left arm. Made entirely of slick black synth-muscle and plates of a pristine, bone-like substance, it was unsettling to most anyone who looked upon it. He did his best to keep his left hand hidden most of the time, embarrassed by his replacement limb. He'd lost the arm roughly a month ago in an undisclosed operation, and was still adjusting to the augment. While he'd never been physically imposing in his seventy-five years (that was Harkon's job), he'd be proud of his intact physique and the loss had been emotionally as well as physically taxing. Augments were physically welded to the host's nerves, which most agreed was more painful than the loss of the limb itself.

Both hands were wrapped around the ornate wooden railing above the meeting area floor, watching with interest as the Dyellian delegation withdrew from the GESO. He'd not dealt with them personally, his area of responsibility lying a great distance further from their territory. That was assigned to...

"You know, Barnabus... I find it ironic Her Divinity Fudo references an 'immune system' while we're watching from afar..."

Timothy Vail. The Watch's most revered assassin...

"We are the light in the darkness, the bulwark against which it breaks..."

Jei greeted him with a few lines from the Oath of Office, a litany both men knew by heart. Vail's handshake was like a vice, cold and uncomfortable against his remaining organic hand. Vail was quite literally a killing machine, all that remained of his original flesh being his razor-edged mind and the skin stretched over his now-metallic skull. To Jei it never looked right, merely an affectation to permit him to blend a bit easier in a crowd. The storm-coat he usually wore concealed the metallic neck with its high collar, leather gloves hiding his augmentic hands. Perhaps more unsettling than his reassembled face was that every single procedure Vail had undergone was voluntary. Jei's eyes met the matte-black orbs replaced Vail's with a nod before releasing the handshake as quickly as possible. Vail unsettled him, in numerous ways...

"Well met, and before you ask I'm in town for that exact reason..."

The comment was emphasized with a head-nod towards the meeting room floor below, likely at the departing Dyellian delegation. Again, Vail was responsible for that area of space as far as Argonian concerns went...

"Was that your doing, what with your career hanging in the balance?"

With Watch operations being compartmentalized and zero oversight on their operations, even Jei had heard that Vail had released his most notorious prisoner for reasons unknown. Sightings of 'Deniable Operations Asset - 13' (otherwise known as 'Whiptail') had been rumored in that portion of space...

"I doubt it. I've not heard from my asset in some time now, but returning him to custody is a simple matter. I've not lost track of his ship. I've been hearing whispers of Dyellian secession from GESO, but wanted to see the actual parting with my own eyes..."

Jei wasn't sure what to say to that, and was relived when Vail turned to leave without a word, vanishing into the shadows on the edges of the walkway. Harkon chuckled, which was the most he'd said all evening. The Watchman ignored him, attempting to settle his mind. Jei was Gifted, the Argonian equivalent of a psionic or telekinetic in other races. He closed his eyes, and stretched out with his subconscious. The room melted away into a hazy blue hue, the dark-red hulk of Harkon behind him and the distant shades of the various delegates. The Tyrwozi's astral presence always reeked of old blood and simmering rage, he could taste it in the back of his throat. Jei had touched the man's mind only once. It had sent him spiraling into a murderous battle-rage so intense he'd been bedridden for days afterwards. It had been like sprinting through a charnel house knee-deep in gore, thirsting for the souls of his enemies. Thrilling, and horrifying all at once. How the behemoth kept such a rage contained was beyond even Jei's comprehension, but that was what made his kind special in the vast universe.

Vail was well and truly gone, the blank spot of his presence absent. Jei had never been able to touch the mind of his counterpart due to implanted inhibitors designed to counteract his abilities. There was similar techno-sorcery at work in the meeting forum, and his subconscious was only able to reach a few feet past the railing of the marble catwalk above. It was an intelligent countermeasure, at least in his eyes, and his mind returned to his body in a rush that made his vision swim for a moment. Below, the debate continued to rage. Jei sighed, and turned to his companion...

"Thoughts, Harkon?"

The giant shrugged, a tectonic gesture. Jei smiled, turning back to the railing to watch the debate unfold...

"I'll take that as a no..."
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents