NATION

PASSWORD

The Mlorba War

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Subscribe to DMSP
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

The Mlorba War

Postby Subscribe to DMSP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 am

The Mlorba War

This thread is the alternate history battleground for the KerbinContinued "War of Mlorba". This conflict never played out, and some would like to revive it and allow it to have its time to shine. This is a closed RP, and is not open to anyone outside of KerbinContinued.

The Rules
1. All rules from the KerbinContinued apply in this thread. A violation of them may lead to removal from this RP.
2. All actions must be discussed beforehand with the Mlorba War subcommunity.
3. You may not post in this thread unless you are in the The Mlorba War.
4. Enjoy yourself, and have fun!

The United Kolonia Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Kolonia Republic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am

Grouped Cliffs, Northern Utroni Coast

2 minutes to launch

Ocean wind blew in over the cliffs and the fields, smelling salty and damp as the morning continued onwards. Standing near one of the cliffs, a Kolonian smoked with his Utroni girlfriend, watching the mist roll below them. They talked about the world, and war, and life and death, watching over the sea and listening to the ocean.

That was when they saw the streak. Unknown to them, less than 20 kilometers away, a group of Kolonians and Utronians had fired a missile at open ocean. They watched in awe as the trail of fire led up into the heavens, becoming smaller and smaller, and then vanishing into the sky.

The conversation resumed.

Il-28 Beagle, 500 meters above Utron.

35 minutes later

Her heart pounded. A launch intended to test response time had gone terribly wrong as Mlorban nations feared for themselves and their allies from this new threat deep within Utron. She'd been cruising over Utron, humming to the anthem of the AUD when the call had come in. Ostreich had mobilized their forces to the border, and now, more than 3 kilometers inside Utron, something was moving.

She looked below in awe at highways packed with cars and trucks, running away from the border that seemed to loom on the horizon. Diving again, she saw the forest. It stretched forever, hiding whatever it wanted. Looking for her target, she started praying, hoping that someone up there was listening.

She spotted the trees. A random gap, with stuff falling and something beginning to poke out. Diving again, she screamed over the site. All she could see were people running around, setting something up.

Pulling into a steep climb, she went inverted and rolled back for another look. Holding the plane at a 60 degree angle was impossible, so she zoomed over once more.

"Shit!" She said to herself as she left the clearing behind. Turning around, she popped airbrakes to get a better look.

Fire seemed to erupt all around the hole. A missile, possibly 10 meters tall, erupted from the trees, streaking upwards. She could not believe that this was unfolding in front of her eyes.

"Con-Control," she shook as she took a breath, trying to keep the plane steady, "we have a launch in Utron."

"I repeat, a launch in Utron!"

This is an EMERGENCY message from the United Kolonia Republic. Please stand by.

More than an hour ago, Kolonian Forces in Utron fired a test ballistic missile into the ocean off the coast of the nation. The test was successful. This test sparked a great disturbance in Utron and Mlorba.
Around 40 minutes later, Kolonian forces in Utron detected a launch from forests near the Ostreich border. This missile, not fired my AUD forces, struck Uteria Military Base, Cadenza. Cadenza and the TOL have yet to respond.
Any citizens in Utron 8 kilometers or less from the border, evacuate immediately. Utron and the AUD are here to help. This is a situation of incredible proportions, and we trust you will stand with us during this.
Whatever comes, we are ready. The AUD will stand strong, and all threats will never defeat us.
United under the dream!

We must be prepared for the worst. Time has come. All forces, prepare for Operation Nemyslitelné!

Subscribe to DMSP
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Subscribe to DMSP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:28 am

Meanwhile in Rhertith Kerman's Office

The officer walks in, holding a manila folder containing documents. She walks up to his desk while Rhertith gives a look of scorn.
"You're late," He says.
"I know and im sorry si-"
"24 hours late!" He cuts her off.
"Yes sir and I'm sorry sir, intel takes time to gather. Now please just read the documents."
He grumbles and picks up the folder
Firsthand account from Jeritha Kerman, a citizen of Cadenza
Now, i was just minding my 'ole countrygirl business, workin' on the farm to make pay. The day 'ad been rough, there was loads of weeds lodged in them plants. My husban'ust walked in sayin that them Utronian neighbors of our launched a big tubey thingy into the ocean and people 'as freakin out. I says I don' care, it don' affect us. Tha's when we got report that a big 'ole tubey thingy was headed our ways!
About a minute or so lat'r we saw a streak in'a sky, headin' to the north o'us. Tha's when the big boom happen, and we 'eard screams come from the big 'ole gubberment base. They darn nuked us!

Summary of events from Farndeth Kerman, officer at a Kerthenian Joint Base
The day was hectic. First a missile test, causing havoc across Mlorba, and now Uteria was fired at! I don't care what Kolonian Officials say, this was intentional. This had all happened the evening before, as i was enjoying a nice dinner at my house with my family. The wife cooks a killer chicken by the way. Anyways, it was time i headed to my post working at the joint Kerthenian base, and as i was driving there, I wondered to myself what the Kerthenian response to this strike would be. Sure enough, as i arrived to the gate and showed my pass, they told me no outside personnel. I told them I wasn't an outsider, and that I worked at the base, waving my badge out. They said the base was under lockdown, and no-one outside of the base was allowed back in. In frustration, i turned my car around and screeched out of the place making huge rubber tire marks.

Audio to Text of a microphone reading from Uteria Military Base
<missile launch detected from utron>
<what?>
<you heard me, they're saying its a test though>
<ok. arm all ciws systems and get some fighters in the air. i'm not risking anything.>
<roger>
<<<40 minutes later>>>
<sir, another missile launch detected>
<for real? another test?>
<officials from there are saying they have no reading on what missile it is, and that its not their missile>
<yeah that's not right. get me a reading on the trajectory of missile. no way this is another test>
<<<60 seconds later>>>
<sir, its headed for cadenza>
<seriously?! man all ciws systems. get every single fighter in the air. lockdown the base>
<yes sir>
<<<30 seconds later>>>
<sir, refined trajectories are coming in. its heading for us!>
<affirmative?>
<affirmative>
<evacuate the base>
<sir, not everyone will esca->
<get as many people out as we can before it hits. prioritize visitors and/or foreigners.>
<yes sir. but what about you sir?>
<i'm staying here>

Rhertith contemplates picking up the fourth and final document. He looks at the officer.
"What do we do?" She asks
"I want our submarines armed with missiles. Deploy them across even intervals along the the border of Utronian waters. They stay in international waters though. I want our men mobilized to the border to supplement Ostreich men. Deploy our tanks-our 5 tanks-to the border as well. Do not make any advances. I want every city secure with men. I want code Charlie on air patrols, the officers at the bases will know what that means. We're not trying to spark a war here, just prepare for the worst. Do you copy?"
"Yes sir" She responds
"Good. Now get out of my sight"
She turns and heads for the door, leaving the Documents behind.
Rhertith contemplates reading the last document again. He decides not to, placing the documents back in the manila folder and storing it in his file cabinet. He then sits back and thinks about his decision of mobilizing troops near the border.
"I hope the AUD doesn't take this mobilizing the wrong way."

Leader, please read this
Leader, I have been a loyal citizen since my birth. I want to say that war with the AUD is wrong. I feel that the AUD will nuke us into oblivion. Please, whatever you do, don't engage with them. Don't deploy troops anywhere, don't provoke them in any way. Their hyper and unfit leader will take it the wrong way and declare all out war on us, ending Cadenza. Please. Its for Cadenza

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Kolonia Republic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 am

An Alliance for Unity and Defense Message

Earlier today, AUD forces detected the mobilization of Cadenzanian forces towards the Cadenza-Utron border. This will add to the soldiers already on the border of Ostreich and Utron. The AUD is taking this as a heightened situational threat but this is not an act of war to us. AUD forces in Utron are mobilizing in response to this, and the number Kolonian aircraft arriving in Utron daily is going to be doubled. Iskander Missile Sites in Utron are on full alert, and weapons crews are digging in and preparing for hopefully avoidable hostilities.
The AUD is shocked by the accusations that we would provoke such a terrible event as the October 15th launch at Cadenza. AUD Forces in Utron have successfully surrounded the location of the launch, and are prepared to capture the people involved alive. Forces will do everything in their power to ensure these people stay alive so that they can be brought to justice for this terrible act against Cadenza. As of right now, it seems that they are of mixed Mlorban Ethnicity.

For our nations, united, strong, together.

All crews, prepare for War. The shadow of conflict is casting itself over Utron, and soon the rain and lightning will come. We are outnumbered and outmatched, but we have the technology to hit them hard.
Iskander sites, prepare to fire within 5 minutes of an invasion.
ATGM crews, you will be moved to the Ostriech border and all will receive double your missile stocks.
Pilots, prepare for targeted ground attacks and carpet bombings.
Kolonian Freighters are in Utron. It is time to start taking civilians away from Utron. Cargo aircraft delivering military supplies will return to Iyadufia with civilians.
Prepare for war.

Corgelia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Corgelia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:42 am

The Defender crept up on its target. Ever since the tensions arose, it had been stalking, waiting, watching. Manned by 3 mixed Kolonian and Utronian men, it was a fearsome foe in a small package. Carrying four hellfire missiles and being virtually invisible in the thick forests of the border, it became a formidable foe to any unsuspecting party. Its target was a Herulic Crown-23 Flapjack, stationed at a makeshift runway in Ostreich near the border. As the airfield came into view, the truck came to a stop and two men got out of the truck and climbed up into the bed, one swiveling the hellfire turret towards and one starting up the laser. It was time.

Rhertith was surprised to see his information officer walk into his office a second day in a row. She looked nervous, carrying a single piece of paper.
"The hell?" He said, "Why are you here again so soon?"
"It is time," She said, "Read this."
He took the paper and gave her a look of scorn, then began reading.
Incident Report: Attack on Makeshift Runway
No one saw the truck coming. We had all just finished eating our rations, and were chatting about when this dang war was going to start already. This runway had just recently been built, and was already fully operational, holding mixed aircraft from all over ToL. We didn't think that a Crown 23 would be a target of interest, but i guess they were in a rush. Anyways, the truck had crept up on us unknowingly, for the area was heavily wooded, and chatter was high, so we weren't really paying attention to our surroundings. Soon we heard a strange noise, but dismissed it as wind. A few seconds later, a massive explosion was heard in the direction of the Crown 23, and screams from the people working nearby. Within 10 seconds everyone was armed and ready, while search crews went out in search of who did this horrible act. Moments later, they found a Kolonian truck driving away, and we quickly followed in pursuit. The truck never made it back.

"Holy hell," He said, "Get out of my sight"
"Yes sir," She responded, and then left the room.
Comms Established
Ca <<Did you hear of the attack?>>
Os <<Yes, we are ready. It is time>>
Co <<Are you sure though? We may be rushing into this.>>
He <<No we are not. Every day Utron becomes more and more fortified. This justified our reason to invade. We have been taking missiles in the face for too long.>>
Ca <<Noted. Shall we begin Operation Backbreaker?>>
He <<Yes.>>
Co <<Yes.>>
Os <<Affirmative.>>

Rhertith closes the commtab and contacts his dispatcher
"It is time. Enact Operation Backbreaker. All submarines fire payload and RTB. Get the AWACS in the air, bombers circling, ready to strike. I want a Pioneer Two in every square mile of sky. Prepare to launch precision strikes with the three's and four's. Run air superiority. It. Is. Time."
"Affirmative, sir. Will pass on"

It was Keriter Kerman's first day as a news reporter. She was a very nervous.
"This Utronian Missile Crisis has many on scared feet. People in the suburbs have been fortifying their homes, even though many official press releases have told them not to, and they have nothing to fear. Another press repor- hold on"
She pauses and looks down, holding her hand to her earpiece. Many expressions cross her face as she listens
"We have rep-ports that the uhh.. ToL military is making an advance?"
She speaks hesitantly, and seems concerned
"Another missile strike was confirmed on an Ostreich airbase, one aircraft and 3 people dead. Authorities inform us saying to tell you to stay calm, you are not in danger. The incident was swiftly taken care of."
She pauses again, thinking for a moment.
"I can't believe we're actually going to war."
If you're wondering, yes, Doxia and the SUNC are not the same. Try your best not to get confused.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Kolonia Republic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:43 am

AUD Utronian Command, Central Utron

T-0 minutes

General Martxsat stood over the Kerbals working away at their computers. Some tracked AUD aircraft overhead, others watched carefully for news on the mobilizations at the border, whilst some sat trying to calculate patterns and probabilities for the Utronian Military. He watched closely at the people at the far right end of the room, slowly becoming more and more concentrated on something that was unfolding.

As quickly as the situation arose, it got worse. A Kerbal exclaimed "Sir! Sir! We have a weapons launch at the Ostriech border!" The general raced over along with many others. A map of the Utron-Ostreich border appeared on screen, showing rolling hills dividing the two nations. An Ostriech dirt airfield showed a small red flashing point, symbolizing an explosion.

The General's heart sank. "Bring up the damn cameras from any forces in the area! Exact time of weapons detection!" Someone pulled up files, and soon they found the file from a camera onboard a Ural 4x4. It showed an ATGM launch off from the Kolonian Truck, fly in towards the airfield, and only 15 seconds later destroy what could only be seen as a fighter on the runway.

Screens started flashing across the room. The airbase had fired back at the Ural, blowing it to a million pieces across the fields. It took 5 minutes for the next alerts to flash.

"Sir! Movement at the Ostreich and Cadenzian borders!"

"Sir!" The general stood frozen.

"We are under attack!"

Kolonian TOW site, 6 kilometers from the Ostriech border

T+11 minutes

Jadgreb locked the missile. Watching the hill closely, he zoomed in and armed the rocket. He waited for the first invaders to poke over the hill. Slowly, troops climbed over. Jeeps and trucks went over with them, and soon after the first tank appeared. He tracked the tank, watching the crew and thinking of the driver's next move. It was quickly confirmed to be a Lynx, the MBT of Ostriech. It didn't take a second confirmation.

From the dense bushes, the TOW fired forward. Jadgreb held the stick tight, slowly adjusting and aligning the missile, two wires whipping out behind it. A touch to the left, a touch up to account for inclination, and then detention. Molten metal forced its way through the tank's armor, into the turret's side armor and through the ammunition. The detention happened instantaneously, a pillar of fire 15 meters tall blasting through the tank's turret hatch.

An IFV was turning its turret to fire upon the site when it too took a ATGM from another launcher. The vehicle was blown out into the air. Soldiers opened fire on the ATGM crews, but they quickly raced away on jeeps into the dense forest, leaving the first casualties of the Utronian war behind them.

Moments later, they heard two Kolonian Su-25s race overhead, unloading 128 rockets into the hill and the men on it. Jadgreb cheered. He pulled out the photo of his girlfriend, home in Kolonia, and said in a hushed voice "For you."

Even as the Su-25s went down in flames 400 meters from him, two Kolonian pilots killed in a second, it never went through his head that he might not see her again.

30 kilometers off Utron, Open Ocean

T+25 minutes

The grey shape rose slowly out of the deep waters. Hatches opened into the fresh sea air, Cadenzanians looking down at the submarine below. A quick glance was all it took for them to ensure everything was clear. A shout down to the crew inside, and the hatch shut again.

6 tubes sprung open. Inside, missiles ignited, launching upwards into the breeze and the cool ocean air. Tilting towards Utron, they corrected to targets, warheads armed and prepared to destroy targets across the country.

With the confirmation that the 4 other subs and 7 Ostreich M7s had launched, the crew sealed themselves in and dived to the murky depths again.

AUD Utronian Command, Central Utron

T+27 minutes

Hearts pounded. Kerbals yelled into radios, launching fighters and attackers, mobilizing forces and activating silos. General Martxsat screamed across the room, trying to get numbers and an idea on what was unfolding.

37 missiles, launched from the open ocean and from the Ostriech border were racing up towards forces in Utron. The general couldn't believe his eyes.

He almost screamed. "T1s! T2s! Fire, Fire! Launch Iskanders! Engage Iskander-Ns!" Silence came across the room. "Now!"

People picked up telephone lines to missile sites and airfields, and to the Iskanders at the Northern Cliffs.

"Sir," One of the communicators spoke, "I need the codes, Sir."

Martxsat looked at the projections on the largest concentrations of troops. Over 200,000 men. He took a breath. "Code: 3LDA702, Operation Word: Republic, Action Word: Trinity. Bring them hell."

Iskander Serial #00113, 7 kilometers above Utron

T+32 minutes

In it came. The missile, silently cruising to its target at Mach 7. In front of it, two other Iskanders left a trail of water vapor from rocket fuel streaming out. The ground grew closer.

On the surface, 400,000 troops were marching. As trains poured in from Ostreich and Cadenza carrying soldiers to move forward, the railway became one of the highest population concentrations on Mlorba. As the first divisions started marching into Utron, radar picked up the missiles.

Radar based guns opened fire, hoping for a hit on the incoming missiles. Many took cover, hiding in ditches and crouching where they were. One of the missiles was stuck, exploding in a brilliant fashion a few seconds before impact.

The second impacted almost a kilometer off target. For a few seconds before the third, soldiers cheered at the miss.

The Iskander made its final correction, arming its warhead and locking onto the rising up. Inside, the chain reaction started.

All the soldiers saw was a blinding light before the heat ended their lives instantaneously.
Last edited by The United Kolonia Republic on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heruland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Heruland » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:50 am

Heruland News Report

The Leader announced this evening that a war has been declared upon Utron by the ToL. He had this to say on the topic:
"My fellow countrymen, my fellow Herulic worker. Ever since we embarked on this endeavourer of ours, I knew there would be times ahead of us that would be tough. I knew that there would be times where we would fall into a state of fear and angst from a looming crisis. But I always have had faith in my people. I have always had faith, that in the hardest of times, we would stand shoulder to shoulder and unite as one nation struggling for justice in a world void of it. Today may for some of you be one of those times. I ask of you to believe in our men fighting for his country. Tomorrow when you read your newspaper, you will understand that this is not one of those times. This is a time where heroes will be able prove themselves and rise through the ranks to lead our nation. It is a time of victory, my fellow countrymen. I know many soldiers will sacrifice themselves for our people and should it happen that any of your friends or family are to fall, I'm sorry. But one comfort that I can give, is that they fell for the honor of our country."
The speech was cut short after The Leader was rushed off stage.

Operation Backbreaker Military Headquarters, Mountains of Ostreich
Reports of engagements started to be received and treated to the strategy table where Field Marshal Sanselle in charge of the operation and Generals working as advisers would conduct the warfare on the strategic scale. 30 minutes after troops crossed into Utron, a spike in combat reports occurred at the same time. There were so many that kermans decoding the messages filled the hall outside of the strategy room, all with decoded combat reports in their hands. All of them read from seeing a bright flash in the distance and a heavy shockwave, to multiple divisions being lost. Sanselle had pinned down the perceive location of this strike, and determined it could only have been an atomic bomb. Furious and heartbroken, he stormed out of the strategy room and through the sea of decoders to contact the security staff responsible for the leaders of the treaty.

5th Armored Division

TOP SECRET |Operation Backbreaker Engagement Report
Task Force Seaswine arrived at the preparation point at 11:02 pm to redeployed into a landing formation. There were no delays in the redeployment phase. Landing commenced short after at 11:26pm. Enemy forces were well aware of the fleet, we have had consistent radar contacts from military aircrafts for several days, but it does not appear they knew of our intention to deploy the 5th Armored Division onto the beaches as we did not face any resistance up until we had made landfall. Since we do not have aerial cover at this time, it was easy for an enemy strikepackages to get in close. Although we did shoot down multiple airplanes from the air-to-air capability of the fleet, we were hit by ironbombs, likely guided ones, and took some losses. The division is currently en route to a nearby airbase to occupy it and allow for supplies to be airlifted in. The landingcrafts are returning to Cadenza to pick up 4th Armored and supplies for 5th Armored.
Last edited by Heruland on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Edusa
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Edusa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm

This is an official announcement from the Edusan Great Leader

To all warring factions and nations: we do not seek conflict with you and will be glad to open our border to war refugees and organisations willing to help them but you must know that if we find ourself under attack from one of the belligerents, we will make the agressor pay his attack and we want to let you know that we have the means to make you regret any injustified military actions against us.
If anything, Edusa represents my state of mind, not my political, ethical or social point of views.

Edusa
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Edusa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 pm

This is an official Edusan announcement

To all Edusan citizens, we recently got reports about an hypothetical uprising which would be lead by a fascist group: such event or shameful joke cannot be tolerated during these dark times. If you have informations about it, please report to your closest police or judicial office, you will be rewarded for your dedication to your country's safety . If this conspiracy isn't a shameful attempt to scare our citizens and you're ploting against the Edusan nation, be aware that we are strong and united, our police is on your trail and our best officers are investigating so forget your useless plans and efforts and surrender to your closest police or judicial office, you may get a National Pardon.

Solomon Kerman, Justice and Interior Security Minister
If anything, Edusa represents my state of mind, not my political, ethical or social point of views.

Mlorbik Empire
Civilian

Founded: Nov 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mlorbik Empire » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Treaty Of Litheron Announcement

With the agression of the AUD, the members of the Treaty of Litheron announced that they have united into the Mlorbik Empire. We shall crush the AUD aggressors and unify Mlorba against communism and the aggressors who wish to see our great nation destroyed. We wish for all Mlorbans to join us peacefully before the communists take you first.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents