NATION

PASSWORD

ATTN.anyone who wants to try this is to telegram me

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:49 am

Mariadonato wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Mariadonato wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Mariadonato wrote:
Der Teutoniker wrote:
Mariadonato wrote:
my asshole,they can too,my grandpa took a zero down with a M1 Garand!

Pretty doubtful. Baron Richthofen was killed by a mounted machine gun. This gun still failed to actually destroy or disable his WWI aircraft, and was much more powerful than a mere M1 Garand. What's more is that a modern bomber could wipe out ground platoons well out of small arms range.

ok,i have coscripted all of my troops,if we lose the battle,my country is yours

Well then let it began. I want a colony.
1000 bombers are sent to bomb the capital of Mariadonato

my 1000 37mm flak guns make short work of them

After first bombers is shot, the aircraft are ordered to bomb from height of 7000 meters. Your 37mm flak guns can only attack till 6,585 metres

whered you get that effec. range from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3.7_cm_FlaK_43
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:51 am

Lynion wrote:OOC:
Mariadonato wrote:huh,wow,ok,cool,but say i draft 493,000,000 troops?

I know for a fact your nation can't deploy any kind of number close to 500 million strong no matter what you do. Why? First off it'll kill your economy. Second: It's going to be poorly equipped, trained and informed. Your command chain is going to be a big joke.

Mariadonato wrote:ok,fine,its still the largest army in the damn world!

So? Who cares if it's the biggest army in the world. The Finnish defeat the Soviet Union during the early stages of the Second World War and the Soviets were pushed out of FInland. Also, your going to become way too headstrong and you'll fall for ambushes and having the biggest army in the world doesn't mean a blasted thing.

Seriously, go read the stickies, check out a few RP's and read on historic battles from the real world.

He dont understand.... We have said this almost hundred times. Well any way it is fun

Mariadonato
Attaché

Founded: Aug 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mariadonato » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:52 am

I know for a fact your nation can't deploy any kind of number close to 500 million strong no matter what you do. Why? First off it'll kill your economy. Second: It's going to be poorly equipped, trained and informed. Your command chain is going to be a big joke.

So? Who cares if it's the biggest army in the world. The Finnish defeat the Soviet Union during the early stages of the Second World War and the Soviets were pushed out of FInland. Also, your going to become way too headstrong and you'll fall for ambushes and having the biggest army in the world doesn't mean a blasted thing.

Seriously, go read the stickies, check out a few RP's and read on historic battles from the real world.

if all your gonna do is insult my idea,why comment?
When life gives you lemons,ask "WHAT THE HELL,LIFE?lemons? seriously!"

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:53 am

Mariadonato wrote:if all your gonna do is insult my idea,why comment?

Actually, he is trying to help you by explaining why your ridiculous ideas are... ridiculous.

It would be much more advantageous for you to have 20,000 soldiers, modern tech, and a stable country to support them.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:55 am

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Mariadonato wrote:if all your gonna do is insult my idea,why comment?

Actually, he is trying to help you by explaining why your ridiculous ideas are... ridiculous.

It would be much more advantageous for you to have 20,000 soldiers, modern tech, and a stable country to support them.

Well he is a pretty old player so I dont think he needs advice. He knows what he is doing.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:56 am

Great Nepal wrote:Well he is a pretty old player so I dont think he needs advice. He knows what he is doing.

Six months? And 66 posts? that's not old at all, and either way, it's pretty clear he doesn't know what he's doing.

Or was your post in sarcasm?
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:57 am

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:Well he is a pretty old player so I dont think he needs advice. He knows what he is doing.

Six months? And 66 posts? that's not old at all, and either way, it's pretty clear he doesn't know what he's doing.

Or was your post in sarcasm?

Well he is A LOT more old than me.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:59 am

Great Nepal wrote:Well he is A LOT more old than me.

Look at a variety of factors. He has 66 posts. You have 20x his number of posts. Additionally, look at the quality of his posts.

Lynion
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Lynion » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:24 am

Mariadonato wrote:

Insult your idea? No, my intention was to inform you that a giant army the size of 500 million of any kind is impossible to contan, equip, train and supply. Please, think logically for a few moments. No matter what you claim or say, there is zero logically chance you can field a 500 million army. I'm merely trying to point out the obvious facts.

Believe me, I stable myself to field a force of 20 million in the kingdom at any time. However, small fractions (100,000 size) to be sent overseas depending on the situation. Therefore, with my type of economy and population, I can supply, equip, train, educate and field a better army compared to yours. Seriously, all it takes is logic and common sense.

Der Teutoniker wrote:

Look at a variety of factors. He has 66 posts. You have 20x his number of posts. Additionally, look at the quality of his posts.

His nation is quite young, lack of posting doesn't mean much but his quality of posts can really put out a stance of RL age.
"Indeed" Merlin replied, remaining in shadow "Emotions give people more power than they could possibly image. Emotions can turn the tide of battles with a single heroic act, help beat back even the strongest enemy. Emotions are what keeps us going in our hour of need. Hope, and trust in our friends. What Rathma did, he did because he had emotions, not because he had a lack of them"

Merlin, Ustio North - Origins of a Hero

RP's with a population of 5bn

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:37 am

Lynion wrote:
Mariadonato wrote:

Insult your idea? No, my intention was to inform you that a giant army the size of 500 million of any kind is impossible to contan, equip, train and supply. Please, think logically for a few moments. No matter what you claim or say, there is zero logically chance you can field a 500 million army. I'm merely trying to point out the obvious facts.

Believe me, I stable myself to field a force of 20 million in the kingdom at any time. However, small fractions (100,000 size) to be sent overseas depending on the situation. Therefore, with my type of economy and population, I can supply, equip, train, educate and field a better army compared to yours. Seriously, all it takes is logic and common sense.

Der Teutoniker wrote:

His nation is quite young, lack of posting doesn't mean much but his quality of posts can really put out a stance of RL age.

If you call his nation young, what will you call my nation?

Lynion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lynion » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:47 am

OOC: Your nation is younger than his/her's. However, I've seen little of your work and therefore cannot conclude a full response. Hope your happy with what I can do.
"Indeed" Merlin replied, remaining in shadow "Emotions give people more power than they could possibly image. Emotions can turn the tide of battles with a single heroic act, help beat back even the strongest enemy. Emotions are what keeps us going in our hour of need. Hope, and trust in our friends. What Rathma did, he did because he had emotions, not because he had a lack of them"

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:51 am

Lynion wrote:

OOC: Your nation is younger than his/her's. However, I've seen little of your work and therefore cannot conclude a full response. Hope your happy with what I can do.

Yep. But I thought his nation is classified as old. :unsure:

Lynion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lynion » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:55 am

Great Nepal wrote:
Lynion wrote:

OOC:

Depends on Rper's point of view. For me old players are '06, '07 and '08's. The 2003-2005 can be classed as vet's.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:57 am

Lynion wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Lynion wrote:

OOC:

Depends on Rper's point of view. For me old players are '06, '07 and '08's. The 2003-2005 can be classed as vet's.

OOC:
Well I guess I classify him as old cos I am too young in the game.

Albrante
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrante » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Lynion wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Lynion wrote:

OOC:

OOC:
Well I guess I classify him as old cos I am too young in the game.

I would have to say, age of nation irrelevant you have a better grasp of NS Rping.
The Ambrosian Kingdom of the Crown and People of Albrante
------------Fortuna-Supra-Prospectum-Sita-Est-------------

Ishema
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ishema » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Noob thread.

This is who I support making first time users take a test to access the forums. Half the people in this thread would have never registered.
Emperor: Daron II
High Councilor: Crown Prince Narian
Councilor of Diplomacy: Gordyn Merlor
Councilor of War: Prince Haron

Albrante
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrante » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Mariadonato wrote:my asshole,they can too,my grandpa took a zero down with a M1 Garand!

I tend to actually believe it, massed small arms could take out ww2 era planes, hell a few lucky shots to and engine or pilot could have it killed by a single person.
But nowadays I doubt that small arms fire could take out a bomber flying at 7000 meters...

Ylamoria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ylamoria » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Albrante wrote:
Mariadonato wrote:my asshole,they can too,my grandpa took a zero down with a M1 Garand!

I tend to actually believe it, massed small arms could take out ww2 era planes, hell a few lucky shots to and engine or pilot could have it killed by a single person.
But nowadays I doubt that small arms fire could take out a bomber flying at 7000 meters...

That bomber will sure have a hell of a day aiming at 7 000 meters. At least if there are some clouds. Even without clouds it would be hard.
That was one of the tactics in The Battle Of Britain when the Luftwaffe was bombing London. The anti-air artillery made a barrier of fire which the German bombers either had to drive right through (and almost certainly get hit) or they could go up where they wouldnt be able to aim as good as they could from lower altitudes.

But that was during WW2... I am not as good with modern war-history and weapon technic.
I am gone for a while... If I can stay away then I prove that it is possible to leave NationStates. If not... then it proves that I am really bored.

Albrante
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrante » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Ylamoria wrote:
Albrante wrote:

That bomber will sure have a hell of a day aiming at 7 000 meters. At least if there are some clouds. Even without clouds it would be hard.
That was one of the tactics in The Battle Of Britain when the Luftwaffe was bombing London. The anti-air artillery made a barrier of fire which the German bombers either had to drive right through (and almost certainly get hit) or they could go up where they wouldnt be able to aim as good as they could from lower altitudes.

But that was during WW2... I am not as good with modern war-history and weapon technic.

Bombs these days are usually laser guided, and instead of AA guns we normally use Surface to Air missiles, kind of takes the sport out of war don't it...

Of course some poorer nations still use dumb bombs and flak guns, they tend to get wasted...
Last edited by Albrante on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents