NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal abortion clinic raided. Dozens jailed. (Mixed/Open).

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Hesther
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Illegal abortion clinic raided. Dozens jailed. (Mixed/Open).

Postby Hesther » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:52 pm

IC:

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the HNC Morning News, all the news that is news throughout the country. This morning's big report: The latest blow against illegal abortions was struck today by the Dartford Metropolitan Police Department, officers from that agency raiding what had long been suspected to be an illegal clinic last night around midnight, successfully uncovering an illegal abortion operation, including the man in charge, one Dr. Perry Swain, who medical license was revoked last month, when he was found to be advising young women on how to locate reliable clinics, and even to perform self-run abortions."

"In addition to Dr. Swain himself, Dartford authorities arrested several medically trained personnel and numerous civilians, including several identifiably pregnant young ladies. Detective Captain Emma Ballard had this to say."

"Well, personally, I think it's all quite despicable, really, the way they do these things in backrooms and shadows. If they really think it's all nice and normal to kill babies, they all need to stand in the elections, vote on the principles they hold and hope for the best like anybody, not run illegal clinics. This place was just fucking disgusting too, bare lights on the ceiling, holes in the walls, no drywall in some of the rooms, a really bad draft, all kinds of problems."

"Hard records seized by the Dartford authorities have led to numerous arrests, including that of Dr. Swain, and a rash of criminal charges being levied against numerous parties. It is worth noting that this event comes at a strange time, as the High Court of the Republic is now debating the legality of medically non-essential abortions, and a ruling is expected by noon today."
Last edited by Hesther on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lovable Weirdos
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lovable Weirdos » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:02 pm

OOC: So, um...what is this about? That didn't explain anything...
On hiatus from these forums until 2012. Can still be contacted via telegram.

Panzerjaeger wrote:We have Hitler! Greatest Liberal Ever!

Assassinistan wrote:Does speed make you faster?

New Amerik wrote:So I'm scrolling the Internet, and it's three in the morning, and I see flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag,flag, flag, and then BAM! A HORSE! And I go, "Holy Christ! That person's some kind of weirdo!"

Old Erisia wrote:wait... so its NOT normal to fire calcium carbonate hormone-filled darts into your prospective mates??

Hesther
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesther » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:22 am

OOC:

Bump for views. Criticism with advice is appreciated.

EDIT: I am open to most responses.
Last edited by Hesther on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hesther
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesther » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:43 am

IC:

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the HNC Morning News, all the news that is news throughout the country. This morning's big report: The illegal clinic raid from two days ago has led to several criminal charges now being filed in court by the City of Dartford, and the central state leadership, both of whom have now charged at least a dozen individuals."

"Leading the lineup is Dr. Perry Swain, charged with practicing while unlicensed, running an illegal facility, practicing in unsafe condition and running an illegal abortions facility. Charges of at least two dozen cases of infanticide are in the works now. Further charges are being made by the court against eleven doctors arrested alongside Dr. Swain, including at least two dozen additional charges of infanticide and a routine list much like that described previously. If convicted of even a fraction of his charges, Dr. Swain is likely to receive the death penalty."

"Several of the women apprehended in the clinic are still in custody. The cases are being reviewed."
Last edited by Hesther on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoywon
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hoywon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:45 am

Archgovernor Nhean Hanh was reading over the few select newspapers his staff had selected for him to read over, when he came upon something that, well he just wasn't sure what it was about. He reread the article once, and then another time. It was quite bewildering. "These people actually care what the peasants do to their children," he said to himself. "How quaint." He let out a chuckle.

Official Statement

Concerning the ongoing raids in Hesther,

It has come to our attention, that the authorities within Hesther, have been cracking down on the practice of abortion. While we respect their sovereignty, we do find these actions to be a gross waste of government resources. Resources that could be put to much better use elsewhere. Why the government would concern itself at all, with an issue that only affects a small group of the population, that being heterosexual women of breeding age, is beyond us. Especially when there are surely more pressing issues that would affect the entire population. This lack of judgment on the part of the Hesther-(a[i]n)/(ese) Government is quite disturbing, and has been noted.

Signed,
Archgovernor Nhean Hanh,
Secondary Archgovernor Makoto Lì
Grand Senator Pheakdei Jin
The Most Serene Republic of Hoywon
Last edited by Hoywon on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hesther
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesther » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:14 pm

IC:

For: Archgovernor Nhean Hanh, Secondary Archgovernor Makoto Lì, Grand Senator Pheakdei Jin
Issue: Police Raids
Encryption: None

Assembled Parties,

May we ask what more profitable expenditure of resources you were referring to which you feel is more important that the preservation of life?

We are quite curious.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne
Last edited by Hesther on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoywon
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hoywon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Official Message

To President H. Prynne,

A more suitable use of law enforcement would be to keep violent criminals off the street. This entire farce seems an utter waste of law enforcement, and judicial time and resources. We do not see how cracking down on these so called "criminals," is better than trying to take drug dealers, murders, and rapists off the streets. Prioritizing petty crimes to a level such as this seems, well pointless and wasteful.

Signed,
Archgovernor Nhean Hanh,

Mourro
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mourro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:24 pm

For the attention of the Hesther government,

The Republic of Mourro has learned of your nation's current unrest with several mentioned individuals breaking Hesther's laws regarding abortion. As a conditional supporter of abortion, the Republic would like to send an envoy to try and persuade the Hesther government to change its current legislation with regard to abortion, since we believe international acceptance of the general right to abort is essential. Alternatively, we would at least like to offer to help alleviate the situation surrounding the clinic mentioned in your recent news broadcast, and would even be willing to accept these women wanting abortion to transfer to a clean, legal clinic in the Republic's capital.

We will await your reply.

Minister Esteline Surrona, Minister for Health.

*Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39022

*Mourron International News (Useful for diplomatic partners):

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40074

*Embassy application thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38675

*Intro to Mourron History: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38669
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39022
Silver Corporation News: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112659
National Ecographic: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112142
The Gajeli Broadsheet: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133372
Embassy Application: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38675
The Green Shield: viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=172772
A Prince's Demise: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=171023
The Mourron Education Ministry: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=172821

Hesther
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesther » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:35 pm

IC:

Hoywon:

For: Archgovernor Nhean Hanh,

Sir,

My nation's competent law enforcement organs do engage in such activities, but they will not let one crime go rampant simply because they might, on an off chance, not notice something else. We manage well enough, but the concern, however snide, is appreciated.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Mourro:

For: Minister Esteline Surrona

Hesther does not now, has never, and will never support the concept of medically unnecessary abortion. Your envoy's time would be badly misused.

If a woman from the Republic wishes to go to a clinic in Mourro, either she must pay the expenses and travel as a private citizen, or you must support the expenses for her to do so. We will not permit our own money to be wasted thus.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Mourro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mourro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Hesther wrote:IC:

Hoywon:

For: Archgovernor Nhean Hanh,

Sir,

My nation's competent law enforcement organs do engage in such activities, but they will not let one crime go rampant simply because they might, on an off chance, not notice something else. We manage well enough, but the concern, however snide, is appreciated.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Mourro:

Hesther does not now, has never, and will never support the concept of medically unnecessary abortion. Your envoy's time would be badly misused.

If a woman from the Republic wishes to go to a clinic in Mourro, either she must pay the expenses and travel as a private citizen, or you must support the expenses for her to do so. We will not permit our own money to be wasted thus.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Dear President H.Prynne,

Since the Hesther president is writing on this issue, I assume it is an issue of significant concern for you. Please do not misunderstand what the Republic is offering. I mentioned that our government is a conditional supporter of abortion, i.e. we would not accept any kind of abortion deemed 'selfish', for example being due to the female simply not wanting to use contraception. For us, those are unacceptable reasons for abortion.However, we allow abortion where it is reasonably understandable, for example if the female has been raped and is pregnant as a result, or if serious health problems for the unborn child and/or the mother are very probable. If you still refuse our wish to send an envoy, we would like to be granted contact to those mothers in Hesther who wish to conduct their abortions in the Republic of Mourro.

Kind regards,

Esteleline Surrona, Minister for Health.

Hoywon
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hoywon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Official Message

To President H. Prynne,

We still do not understand your crusade like mentality against what is at best a petty crime. I am seriously confounded, as to what difference it makes if a peasant girl decides she does not what her baby. I would hope that you could enlighten me to your logic behind theses moves.

Signed,
Archgovernor Nhean Hanh,

Hesther
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesther » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:55 pm

IC:

Hestherian law permits necessary abortions, by which we mean those required due to health concerns, but anything else is general illegal, as it has always been. There were no women with serious medical issues requiring abortions in that clinic. I can tell you this with surety as they have all been subjected to a thorough medical examination and have come up negative on all the tests.

Do some women with medical requirements seek abortions in unlawful clinics? Yes. Why? Because they, being misinformed, do not realize an instance such as theirs is defined as a medical emergency, and thus any hospital is legally obliged to help them. Sometimes they are mis-led by pro abortion groups who want to have free abortions legalized. Sometimes they just did not do enough research.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

For: Archgovernor Nhean Hanh

Maybe the reason is simply that we do not have peasants in this Republic, only Citizens, and the life of any Citizen, even the newborn, is regarded as sacred. Infanticide is murder, and we do not hold that petty here.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Capitalist Arcadia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Capitalist Arcadia » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:55 pm

IC

To: The government in Hesther

The Armed Republic of Capitalist Arcadia supports the views and actions of the Hesther government. We too are strongly against abortion and applaud Hesther for their strong pro-life stance. Additionally, if you require any support with this situation please don't hesitate to contact me.

Dustin Burnett ~ President
Last edited by Capitalist Arcadia on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nation Stats
Current military strength: 6,000,000
Nuclear Warhead Count: 9,873 and more on the way!
Defcon: 1 2 3 4 5

Conflicts
-none-

Past Conflicts
The Arcadian-Langley Beach Civil War - Victory
The Liberation of Baradov - Victory
The Durgonian Crisis - Withdrew
Baradov Island
Member of The First International Congress of Economic Superpowers
Supporter of WASO

Capitalist Arcadia Factbook

Mourro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mourro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:03 pm

Hestherian law permits necessary abortions, by which we mean those required due to health concerns, but anything else is general illegal, as it has always been. There were no women with serious medical issues requiring abortions in that clinic. I can tell you this with surety as they have all been subjected to a thorough medical examination and have come up negative on all the tests.

Do some women with medical requirements seek abortions in unlawful clinics? Yes. Why? Because they, being misinformed, do not realize an instance such as theirs is defined as a medical emergency, and thus any hospital is legally obliged to help them. Sometimes they are mis-led by pro abortion groups who want to have free abortions legalized. Sometimes they just did not do enough research.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Maybe the reason is simply that we do not have peasants in this Republic, only Citizens, and the life of any Citizen, even the newborn, is regarded as sacred. Infanticide is murder, and we do not hold that petty here.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Dear President H.Prynne,

Although I respect your government's stance on this issue, I cannot comprehend why abortion is limited only to those with 'medical requirements'. You surely cannot expect a rape victim to raise the child of her rapist; and if such children of raped women are to be born and raised in your country, your government then must provide schemes to psychologically help the child and their mother/foster carers/adoptees, otherwise you may find your government needs to spend on the construction of more orphanages/children's homes (should the mother abandon the baby and the father refuses responsibility), and thus you will need to formulate schemes to help these children with no parents or family to depend on, as well as dealing with their struggle for identity. It is a very sensitive issue, as most governments would understand, however you must give women in these kinds of situations the right to abort.

Esteline Surrona.

Hesther
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesther » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:11 pm

IC:

Capitalist Arcadia:

For: President Burnett

Your support is deeply appreciated, and will not be forgotten.

Signed by,
President H. Prynnne

Mourro:

If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant, is the unborn child at fault? The answer, you must be aware, is no. Why then, ought the child be punished? Many women who have been raped in the Republic would agree with me, as they went on to have the child in question, and a loving mother-and-child relationship is born. This is not always the case. Sometimes the mother, unable to cope, gives the child up for an internal adoption. Sometimes, and this is less acceptable, she abandons the child and leave them to die. Such women are punished harshly if caught.

In any case, counseling is available in all hospitals for rape victims, and many Counties maintain special programs.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne
Last edited by Hesther on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoywon
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hoywon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Official Message

To President H. Prynne,

I am still not grasping your point. I also do not understand your citizens not peasants statement, as peasants are citizens. I am greatly confused by you, and by extension your nation as a whole. I am eager to get this all figured out. Perhaps a meeting could be arranged, so that I may be able to get to know your nation a little better, and understanding can begin.

Signed,
Archgovernor Nhean Hanh,

Kaputer
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kaputer » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 pm

The Nation Of Kaputer strongly agrees with your ban of abortion and your enforcement of that ban.

Sincerly,
Foriegn Minister of Kaputer John Feltip
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater
War can't give life, it can only take it away.
Former Capitalist Paradise Delegate

Hesther
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesther » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:23 pm

IC:

Peasant may well be citizens in Hoywon, but in Hesther, citizens are most definitely not peasants. They are the foundations of this country, literally the stuff of which the Republic is made. Without them, Hesther, as a nation, could not be. Hence their protection and safety is the most important concern to the government, and anything which threatens any of them, including the abortion of the unborn, is to be halted.

If you wish to conduct a visit, that may be arranged.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

For: Minister John Feltip

Please understand that, while we appreciate the support, this is not a universal ban on all abortions. Those driven by medical necessity remain legal.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Hoywon
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hoywon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Official Message

To President H. Prynne,

I accept your invitation. It seems I have much to learn of your nation, and how it operates. I look forward to learning all about your nation.

Signed,
Archgovernor Nhean Hanh,

Tkdkidsx2
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tkdkidsx2 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Official News Statement from the Order President himself, John Anthony:

"My fellow Workers, you have asked me to mention this, and so I shall. The recent raids by the insignificant nation of Hesther is a possible concern to our people. As you all know, they erroneously jail those who perform and request abort of a child or children. This is a repugnant practice, and is a likely cause for such great unemployment in that speck of land on the map. As such, an immediate Declaration of Sentiments will be sent. The Declaration of Sentiments will state that this injustice shall not be tolerated anymore!"

DECLARATION OF SENTIMENTS

If you would, please don't mess around with abortion. Okay?
Riaka wrote:Son, you've just entered the exciting and frightening world of religious debate. It's much like a roller coaster, in the sense that in the next few minutes there are going to many twists and turns, potential vertical inversion, a lot of crying children and someone's probably going to throw up at the end.

Wilgrove wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:Texas school book repositories are dangerous places.

JFK can attest to that! *nods*

Mourro
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mourro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Capitalist Arcadia:

For: President Burnett

Your support is deeply appreciated, and will not be forgotten.

Signed by,
President H. Prynnne

Mourro:

If a woman is raped and becomes pregnant, is the unborn child at fault? The answer, you must be aware, is no. Why then, ought the child be punished? Many women who have been raped in the Republic would agree with me, as they went on to have the child in question, and a loving mother-and-child relationship is born. This is not always the case. Sometimes the mother, unable to cope, gives the child up for an internal adoption. Sometimes, and this is less acceptable, she abandons the child and leave them to die. Such women are punished harshly if caught.

In any case, counseling is available in all hospitals for rape victims, and many Counties maintain special programs.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Dear President H. Prynee,

As a woman and Minister of Health, I myself am aware that very few women would agree to raise the child of their rapist. It is a constant pyschological reminder of what happened to them. I believe you are right to think that it is not the child's fault, however it is not that mother's fault that she was raped either. Your government does not seem to approach the damage of the living woman who has gone through a terrible ordeal and is suffering currently in this real world. The 'child' you refer to, however, is usually aborted in the first six weeks period. At this point a doctor can barely even know that it is a developing 'baby' at all, let alone its sex. Note that during this period the organism is not considered a 'child' and that there is no concept of 'living' at this point, only the very early stages of development from conception onwards. Note also that at this point this developing 'baby' feels no pain at all, however you believe that a raped mother should wait around 9 months for her rapist's baby to be born? I highly doubt it. In fact one of the last thing's on a raped woman's mind is raising the criminal's baby. Therefore your government must better-protect these women. We would like to know the other womens' reasons for aborting, then we will fund their transfer to Mourro.

Kind regards,

Esteline Surrona, Minister for Health.

Hesther
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesther » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:05 pm

IC:

Hoywon:

I look forward to seeing you. Please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to arrange the visit.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Tkdkidsx2:

No. No, it is not okay. We will continue as previously.

Signed by,
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Imogen Blakely

Mourro:

Maybe that is how the statistics pan out where you come from, but here, a woman is taught from an early age that a child is quite sacred in comparison even to one's own needs. If you do not feel you can raise the child, then give it to the state for adoption. Do not kill it, and if you abandon it, you have abandoned all right to expect pity or kindness.

Hesther also practices a policy which holds that life begins at conception. This policy as about as flexible as a mountain. Maybe less.

Most of the women apprehended were just young ladies who apparently enjoy sleeping around a bit too much.

Signed by,
President H. Prynne

Dentora
Attaché

Founded: Mar 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentora » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:23 pm

OOC:Any rules regarding the kind of nations, as in do they have to be realistic, or are they allowed to be completely the opposite?
'Cause my nation's supposed to be one of the undead. XP
(Not entirely accurate; I'm currently rewriting my nation. Only haven't removed the old factbook from my sig since I'm going to salvage some of the ideas from it-basically, I'm using the skeleton of the 'Old' Dentora but cutting out most everything else. For now, all that needs to be said is that Dentora is a Medieval Empire existing during the MT/PMT eras comprised near-entirely of the Undead, with Necromancers being the only legally free humans and members of their clergy. The Factbooks on my actual nation page are accurate, though it's incomplete)

Hoywon
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hoywon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:24 pm

Official Message

To the Hesther-(a[i]n)/(ese) Ministry of Foreign Affairs

I wish to arrange a meeting with your superior, President H. Prynne.

Signed,
Archgovernor Nhean Hanh,

Hesther
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesther » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:30 pm

OOC:

Dentora, I'm good, so long as you do not force interactions with nations opposed to such. We should be able to keep this one smooth.

IC:

We are called Hestherians, Excellency. I am Imogene Blakely, serving Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs.

President Hester Prynne is a fairly busy woman most times, but to meet with a fellow leader, she will usually willingly make time, and set the necessary hours or days aside. Will this be a formal state visit?

Signed by,
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs Imogen Blakely

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents