NATION

PASSWORD

The Sand and the Storm [Aeia, Invite Only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saraibia
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Saraibia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Prison cell
Somewhere in Southern Hipasia

Kaarim spat a bloody tooth onto the damp cell floor. The main interrogator hit him again with the baton. By now the swelling in his jaw almost cushioned the blow, yet he could still feel the sharp pain and pressure from each strike. Of course a Hipasian wouldn't be man enough to use his own fists.

The first interrogator growled through clenched teeth. "Tell us! What. The gas. Will be used for." His accent was strong and his breath reeked of sour onion and lamb.

The pair had already waterboarded Kaarim. The big one brought a power drill to one of his kneecaps. They broke his left arm with a baseball bat and had him so hopped up on sodium pentothal and demerol that Kaarim swore there were four guards were in the cell, not just two. Still, he realized even in his dazed state that they'd dispose of him soon. They got what they needed out of him, and he needn't betray his fellow jihadis any further. He would say no more. He just glared at the figure inches from his face with dilated, bloodshot eyes.

The guard leaning against the wall muttered something in his native tongue to the other interrogator. There was enough mutual intelligibility to tell that it was something along the lines of "this is pointless. Let's go dump him in the ditch."

"You're right." The first one threw the burlap bag over Kaarim's head again. "I don't want him looking me in the eyes when I blow his brains out."

Under his breath, Kaarim uttered a final prayer, though his words were slurred from his broken jaw and the opiates. Before he could finish, he felt the cold gun barrel through the cloth, resting on his temple. He never heard the bang.

The two men left the room, and would deal with the body later.

Camel Dealership
In the eastern outskirts of Abuqiya

Achmed was studying the holy scripture, standing under the ceiling fan to stay cool, when Jafar returned from a successful sale. Clearing his voice, Achmed spoke.

"Salaam. A man contacted me today, about the camels."
"Ah. How many did you sell? Fatima is a sturdy mare. Would catch us many coin, Allah Willing."
"No, no. It was about one of those camels."
"One of...? Oh. What did he say he wanted?"

"I'm... still not quite sure. He just asked questions. Asked if we dealt with 'camels able to carry heavy loads.' He wasn't one of the usual locals that comes here to get guns moved, for I would have recognized him. Asked if they would be strong enough to haul guns from here to Ordu or Qurah."
"Did our contacts from Qurah or Ordu say anything about a new guy coming? Did he ask about the gas at all? Do you think he was a spy?" Jafar began looking around the room, then went to a window and peered out.
"Nothing about that. Some of the townsfolk have been muttering about how a gas shipment was seized. How they know about that, I have no idea. Word travels quick here, I suppose, with the independence movement."
"Was there anything strange about him, Achmed? We're too far in the Nation's territory to be under threat, but still, something about what you're telling me rubs me the wrong way."
"Actually, there was one thing. He was dressed in very traditional clothing. The kind similar to what we wear back home. Was polite, courteous... pious, too. It was nearing the praying hour, so he asked if he could pray with m-"

Jafar turned from the window, shooting a look at his long-time friend.

"Since when do the people of Aramas pray? The people here barely qualify to be good Irsadis. Their fighters only pray before fighting, rarely at the good hour of the day."
Achmed contemplated for a moment.
"You're right. Allah Willing he was just a faithful priest or something of the like."
"These days you can never be so sure, especially outside of home. I'm going to ask that priest Muhammed, up in the mountains, if he can spare some lads to watch over the warehouse. Maybe that man was not an infidel in disguise, maybe he is, but I would rather be safe than sorry."

Using his secure line, Jafar placed a call to Muhammed.

Torroso
Secretary

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Torroso » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 pm

The Consulate of Torroso
Consulibus e Torra

1700 hours
4 kilometers out from the Isradist held oil fields
1st Kavoene Volunteer Regiment

Background
The unit had just departed from a nearby base in the province of Sellia. They are moving into hostile territory, as part of Operation "Hell's Gate". Accompanying them is a small scout company, along with air cover from the Third Air Wing. Their objective is to capture oil fields to the west of Abuqiya and hold their position till the 22nd Engineering Corps arrives to construct a forward operating base. 1st KVR is traveling in MWMIKs (Jackals) & WMIK Land Rover Wolfs across the harsh desert. Commanding them is Oscar Bell.

One of his men reached for the front of car, informing Bell about recent developments. "Sir, you'll get a kick out of this."
"What is it?" Bell asked.
"Some T-Pop star got his fans to fund these terrorists!" his subordinate answered.
The car was filled with laughter.
"Heh," the squadmate said, trying to catch his breath, going on to say: "These goat fuckers are gonna fight us with vibrators and dildo sticks!"
Practically everyone in the car was struggling to breathe. But they did not know the severity of the situation incoming.
"You may be right about some inferior nation like that," Bell said, continuing, "but these Isradists have more connections than just a nation like that. Don't forget the lessons we've learned from the Brush War. These 'men' have no value for their own lives, so take some precaution."
The car, once filled with laughter, was now completely silent.

6 minutes later

The radio came alive, with a message from the scout company.
"Sir, I have contact 1800 meters out. The aerial reconnaissance squadron confirmed it to be an Isradist compound."
Bell sat silently for a moment, reached for the radio and flipped the general communications switch on.
"Men, listen up. If our past experience has taught us anything, do not underestimate the enemy. We'll be advancing on two fronts to flank this compound. If the situation is dire, air support is 20 minutes out. Divio Company, advance left while the Cassius company advances to the right. Good luck, and god speed. Ave!"
The regiment diverged into two sections.
The regiment had reached contact. Battle between the two groups has now commenced. The sky was now brimming with the red streaks of tracer rounds.

"EAT SHIT, GOAT FUCKERS!" one of the squadmates yelled out.
The compound was falling apart from the pounding of gunfire from both fronts brought fourth by the regiment.
At 0300 hours, members of the Isradist front started running towards them with their hands up, claiming to surrender.
"HOLD YOUR HANDS UP! I WANT TO SEE YOUR FUCKING PALMS YOU BASTARD!" ordered Bell in Arabic.
The remaining Isradists lined up on a wall facing towards the regiment.
"What do you want us to do with them, sir?" an officer asked Bell
Bell replied to the officer: "We take no prisoners. Open fire on these scum."

Torroso
Secretary

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Torroso » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:59 pm

The Consulate of Torroso
Consulibus e Torra

Oliver Bell's Communication Mount
1st Kavoene Volunteer Regiment

Last edited by Torroso on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aramatheria
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aramatheria » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:44 am

The Nation of Irsad
4 February 2017 - (8 years, 10 months and 3 weeks since the start of the civil war)
The Current Conflict

Incline
The storm had subsided. For now. Though it was nice to know you would be safe for some time. That no air strikes would be coming in for a few hours.
Ahmed looked up at the blue sky, the sun beating down after the departure of the sandstorm.
"They'll be back out before we know it" spoke Jafar, sipping from his canteen. "It's all they can do now, keep the bombs running, at least now they know they can't get further into the mountains."
Jafar was right. It had been nearly two months since the government or its allies gained any new land in the Abjad region. Muscat's 'Christmas present' of Abuqiya, acquired with great aid from Torroso had turned out to be a poisoned one. With the city taken with relative ease in December, everything look set for the government to advance further into the ranges and cut the head off of the snake once and for all. Yet it was not meant to be. Ambushes, guerrilla tactics and bombings plagued the Aramasian and Torrosan garrisons in Abuqiya. With their supply lines crippled, there was little they could do but hold out. Today they still remain there. The city remains a deathtrap to all, with each faction quarrelling over this or that street corner. Supplies to government forced trickle in, but reports of ambushes on cargo trains are common. And the frequent sandstorms disrupt efforts in the air. Nevertheless, the government was able to retake the oil fields in the west, a key part in getting their economy back on track. In the east though, things fared much worse. The Kavoene volunteers, in cooperation with Muscats troops attempted to launch an assault up Mdina ridge. The operation was a catastrophe, with hundreds dead in the assault. The path itself was laid with traps and ambush zones. And thus, in the mountains the Nation of Irsad and its allies remained. Trapped, though safe for now. Supplies from Saraibia were thinning however. Somebody had clearly gotten wise to the camel trains across the Deromi desert.

Free Aramas meanwhile was fearing much worse than the Nation of Irsad. With no real foreign backers, and the CDN happy to sit back and merely engage in a humanitarian mission Gabaretta's hopes were crushed. Although bolstered by some supply donations, the overall quantity was insufficient to bolster an army engaging in the field. The Free Republic had no Abjad mountains to retreat to. The city of Lija had fallen to the government and Muscat had retaken control of all territory around the capital of Sannat. Forces now converged on the Free Republic's positions in the north and around Sliema. Rumours of mass defections and flight across the borders into Sheera and even some into Troping were commonplace. Without a miracle it looked as though the Free Republic's days were numbered.

All of this ought to have pleased Muscat. After all, his grip on power was stronger than it had been in around 10 years. But the loss of Aloysius had been a devastating blow personally. Not to mention the catastrophe at Mdina ridge had put him on edge. Could the military be plotting a coup? Or worse, did the CSS plan his 'disposal' after the conflict was over, given his less than stellar record on the use of international condemned weaponry. Alas, Gelormo Muscat continued to cling to the reigns of power, but for how long, was another question all together.

"Ahmed! You alright there brother? You dozed off for a second." said Jafar.
"I'm fine," replied Ahmed. "It's just. We've been sitting in these mountains for months now. What are we even doing? Waiting for our slow deaths?"
"Mohammed has everything sorted out, do not worry," replied Jafar. "I spoke to him earlier today, he assured me our food rations will be doubled once the Sarabian supplies arrive."
"Except they won't arrive, will they?" spoke Ahmed. "Why do you think he's been so quiet lately? Why do you think he reduced the rations. Think for a second, we've already lost this war!"
"Do not speak like that brother. I know you are not the most pious one in this camp, but you have to faith in Mohammed. He knows we will get through this."
"Will we?!? You trust him, after everything? Getting supplies from the Saraibians was one thing, but Sarin?!? Not to mention that joining with a fucking terrorist group got everybody on an international hit list!"
"You're starting to sound like one of those Ahmed." snapped Jafar.
"One of those? The sane ones who actually do the fighting down there? Other than what, the radical Irsadist terrorists who sit in this hilltop camp all night, praying and watching their countrymen die around them? I thought I wasn't a terrorist Jafar. I tried to put it out of my mind. I was fighting for Abjad and my people. Not some bearded man's interpretation of a thousand year old book. Yet here I am. You may as well slap a sticker on me that says 'TERRORIST'."
"Listen Ahmed. I pulled the strings in the first place to get you up here and away from the front. I know you're not like the rest of us, but you could at least try to fit in more. Put up and shut up. It took some time, but I fit in, you have to do the same. Or you may as well go down to Mdina ridge and offer yourself up as a hostage!"

That was the last straw. He would do it under the cover of night, when the sound of bombs over Abuqiya would be loud enough to not be heard.
He was going to Mdina Ridge...

Volghar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 28, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Volghar » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Off the coast of Aramas: 2018 February 5
Sibaguchu Bedes took another drag of his cigarette, letting the paper and tobacco burn away and the smoke fill his mouth. With the small breath he took to force the smoke down and into his lungs, he flicked the butt over edge of the railing and into the ocean. They’d finally reached their destination, the city of Senglea, a relatively large port near the Torrosan border. And even better, one that was far away from both the Nation of Irsad and the Free Army.

Sibaguchu was no soldier, he was a merchant sailor, one who’d been hired by the Volghari government to deliver supplies to the Aramasian government. It didn’t particularly concern him what happened within the nation, as far as he was concerned it was a failed state that ruled over a desert shithole. Yet here he was, for the paycheque, it seemed the suits in Üden had decided sending naval ships into a warzone wasn’t exactly the smartest plan when you still trying to maintain an air of semi-neutrality.

The Volghari man lit another cigarette, before overlooking the clipboard before him, an inventory of what was being delivered. Medical supplies, blankets, a bunch of other humanitarian goods that would go over a treat with publicity. It was the miscellaneous section that was why his silence was guaranteed, RS-74 rifles, outdated by all means but if you pointed them at terrorists, they sure as shit killed terrorists.

Sibaguchu inhaled from his newly lit cigarette and smiled, it was a good day to make some money.

The Enlightened Khanate of Volghar
Volgaryn Gegeersen Khaant Uls

To the venerable Gelormo Muscat,

I hope that the aid we have dispatched has reached your government, we have seen fit to include a number of goods that will assist not only your population as they suffer from these terrible attacks at the hands of both the Nation of Irsad and the so-called Free Army, but also a series of items that we hope that will assist in fighting back and retaking the occupied lands within your nation.

We have refrained from donating anything that may lead back to us in this regard, however if you wish to purchase tanks or IFVs then we will happily assist you in this matter, the scourge of communism and Isradic terror must be removed from our beautiful Aeia.

Know that the Volghari people stand hand in hand with Aramas in your struggle, and you shall always have a friend in Catai.

Best Regards,
Altanjin Veçuyev, Sixth Khan of the Enlightened Khanate of Volghar

Aramatheria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aramatheria » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:17 am

The Free Republic of Aramas
26 February 2017 - (8 years, 11 months, 1 week and 5 days since the start of the civil war)
The Current Conflict

Terminus
Valletta, 02:00 hours...

The night was cold and dark. A common dreary day which typified the current situation for the free republic.
Ċensu Gabaretta sat in the apartment, contemplating the situation, which grew ever more dreary by the day.
"You've been up for nearly two days Ċensu, you need rest," spoke Pawl, lighting his commanders cigarette. "A tired mind will be no good for planning our next moves."
Ċensu sat back puffing away and staring at the map in front of him.
"Sometimes I don't see the point any more, you know? I tried everything I could, but still it wasn't enough."
"We got unlucky, we'll get them next time," spoke Pawl.
"Sometimes I don't think there will be a next time."
"Such blind nihilism will get you nowhere brother," replied Pawl, grabbing a chair from across the room and sitting backwards on it to face Ċensu. "Back when I was a kid I used to love football..."
"Yes, yes and you were Aramas' biggest Olympique de Lotrique fan, i've heard this all before Pawl," spoke Ċensu chuckling to himself.
"No, no, no, hear me out," said Pawl as Ċensu turned to face him. "Back when I was a kid I used to love football, played it, watched it everyday. After school I would go out with the kids on the street and we'd kick about and play. At school I was captain of the team, centre midfield, that's where I played. And I was blindingly quick, the other kids didn't stand a chance. it got to the point where I was so good, that Sannat FC called me up for trials. It was my dream come true."
Ċensu began to chuckle, "ok Pawl, I didn't say now was the time to gloat."
"Anyway... I got cocky. The kid from the slums of Sannat, called up to be the next star of Aramas. The trials started well, but I dropped off form, started slacking and before I knew it was off to A&E after a horrid accident. I missed the rest of the trials and was passed over. But I didn't blame myself. I blamed luck. That I got unlucky, that somehow fate had decided to ruin my life, but then my father saw me. He said son, i'm sorry but you only have yourself to blame. There is no such thing as luck in this world. You can't rely on others or fate to make things right. Only yourself. You make your own luck."
"Fascinating tale," Ċensu said facetiously, "and the point of that tale was?"
"The point Ċensu, is that you can't wait around on others to complete your goals. Not Darmenia, not your commanders in the south, not the CDN."
"But without allies we are doomed," spoke Ċensu, stubbing his cigarette in an ashtray.
"That doesn't mean you can just give up." Get some rest Ċensu. "You need it." Pawl stood up, walking out the room to get some sleep.

The situation on Ċensu's map was looking increasingly bleak. Government forces had retaken Lija and were closing in on Nadur and Silema. The northern reaches and the far south east now remained the only real holdouts of the Free Republic. In the Abjad Mountains, the government had managed to take Abuqiya, but not without heavy losses and continued resistance plaguing every move. Furthermore, the government had been slaughtered trying to take Mdina ridge. The Nation of Irsad could hold out for years with their positions in the mountains. With a stalemate likely for some time in the Abjad it would only be a matter of time before the governments attention returned to the Free Republic and its last few holdouts. It all seemed futile.
Ċensu stared at the map, lighting another cigarette. Whatever was he to do to get out of this mess.
"You make your own luck...huh," Ċensu whispered to himself, taking another puff. "Without allies we are doomed."

Then it hit him.

Without any formal allies in the field and the CSS lining up behind Muscat there was no way the Free Republic could stand alone. An alliance with the Irsadis was unthinkable. There was only one faction capable and somewhat willing to support the republic. And so far they had sat by the wayside.
If the CDN wouldn't come to his aid willingly.
He would make them.
He wrote down his orders and sent them away to be dispatched. It was finally time for some rest. The morning would come to him soon.
Pawl was right.

You make your own luck.

Ċensu Gabaretta's map of the conflict

Hipasia
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hipasia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:41 am

Knesset confirms: Hipasia declares war on Saraibia
Asher bar Kefa Qanaya
An Air Force jet takes flight ahead of bombings in Saraibia

The Knesset has announced that it has passed a motion to declare war against the Republic of Saraibia. Prime Minister Lavan has revealed that this "unavoidable" decision comes after security forces discovered that Saraibia was transporting sarin gas through the Hipasian Deromi Desert. Lavan said that there is "significant evidence" that the chemical weapon was destined for militants of the Nation of Irsad in Aramas.

"Evidence gathered from witness reports as well as interrogation of the suspect who was transporting this sarin, along with other armaments, indicate that Saraibia has been providing material aid to Irsadic terrorists in the Abjad Mountains, and possibly other terrorist groups," said the Prime Minister speaking to reporters. "As revolting as that is in itself, the Saraibians have been bringing their instruments of war through other countries, including our own. We have no alternative but to consider this as an act of war. The Knesset has therefore agreed that we must respond in kind, and the military has been mobilised to begin air strikes against Saraibia."

Military sources have understandably been hesitant to share information regarding their plans, but our understanding is that the Air Force will be taking a tripartite approach, focussing on military facilities, munitions factories and government installations. The Navy will also be involved, but we have no information on the involvement of land forces as yet.

King Isaac also called on "friends to peace and liberty" earlier today to aid Hipasia in combatting "the very real threat of international terrorism which is backed in large part by Saraibia." Our political correspondent Katrina bat Yoel Bonora had this to say about the King's remarks:

"It is very clear that the King means something more specific than what he says. He's calling out primarily to the CDN, who have been slow to act in combatting the Nation of Irsad in Aramas, while their rivals in the CSS have been very active in supporting their allies in the government of Aramas. I suspect he's also calling out the Jisthaheva Treaty Organisation, since we've heard rumours that the government has taken an interest in the JTO. It would not be a surprise if Hipasia sought more overtly to cooperate with Onza against Saraibia."

Aramatheria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aramatheria » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:59 am

Home » News » Politics » Aramas Civil War

GOVERNMENT DECLARES VICTORY OVER THE FREE REPUBLIC
President Muscat calls for a week of celebration after democratic opposition in the country is quashed

President Muscat made his first public appearance of the year to give a speech declaring
victory over democratic forces of the Free Republic of Aramas
SANNAT - President Gelormo Muscat has today made his first public appearance of 2018 to give a speech declaring victory over the Free Republic of Aramas led by the country's underground democratic and socialist movements. The speech earlier today not only confirmed international suspicion that the civil war was coming to an end but also ended months of speculation as to the health and wellbeing of the president who was theorised to have been sidelined by the military or struck down with illness. Though fighting still continues between small democratic holdouts across the country; for the most part, official opposition to the Muscat regime has ended, with a number of high-profile military leaders surrendering, and the whereabouts of Ċensu Gabaretta unknown. Now attention will turn to the rebuilding of the country and the continuing conflict in the Abjad mountains against the Nation of Irsad. Though the beacon of liberty may have faded over Aramas, the struggle to wrestle the nation from the clutches of Muscat and his lackeys shall never end. For you cannot quash the will of the Aramasian people.

Muscat's appearance at the public speech in the capital of Sannat put an end to months of speculation that the President had been removed from power, assassinated, or was gravely ill. Other theories suggested Muscat's lack of public appearances was a measure aimed at preventing a terrorist attack on the president, similar to the one which claimed the life of his cousin last year. Within his speech delivered in front of crowds that had gathered outside of the presidential palace, Muscat talked of the great defeat the military had handed the 'dissident forces' within the nation. The President stated that amnesty would be shown to the remaining rebels if they laid down their arms and joined the fight against the Nation of Irsad. He also touched on the nation's path forward, the continuing struggle in the Abjad and how the government will begin rebuilding efforts across the nation, and attempt to rebuild diplomatic ties across the globe.

Attention now turns to what exactly the future holds for the nation of Aramas, or Aramatheria as it is otherwise known. Muscat's victory over the Free Republic is likely to be met with jubilation from his allies in Hergemoth and Cebregas. Nations which are both likely to prosper from the rebuilding effort that will begin soon. Though for modern Aramas to be successful, it will likely also need to court opinion from many of its former enemies. Relations with Balzunetta and the Araabyne are likely to be top of the agenda for Muscat in order to secure his frontiers; though vital trade agreements would likely follow. Easing tensions with the CDN is also likely to happen if Muscat wishes Aramas to return to economic prosperity, though this may be difficult, especially with Aquidneck being especially vocal of the Muscat government's actions in recent years. Being an international pariah, the route to normalisation will be a long and arduous one for Muscat, and a goal that may even prove impossible under his tenure.

It should also be noted that whilst the democratic opposition may have been crushed, the struggle in the Abjad mountains is likely to continue. The Nation of Irsad remains strong in its defensive positions in the mountains, with the militant Irsadists inflicting significant casualties on government forces. The conflict in this region is likely to take some time to come to an end. Although the government now maintains air superiority and can count on allied support, the trek up the mountains will leave the advancing military vulnerable and subject to severe casualties. Nevertheless, faced with the growing threat of militant Irsad across the globe, do not be surprised if some of Muscat's former enemies unite in an attempt to bring down the NoI. Though the Nation of Irsad continues to stand strong, with the government's victory against the FRA it is only a matter of time before they also win in the Abjad.

MORE HEADLINES
  • Gabaretta spotted in the Araabyne? [ 2243 ]
  • Why the world must now get tough on Aramas [ 1987 ]
  • What does the future hold? [ 1563 ]
  • GOVT: War in Abjad continues [ 1067 ]
  • New round of condemnations hit Muscat [ 843 ]
    © RadioFreeAramas 2009-2018

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents