NATION

PASSWORD

[CLOSED] [OOC+APP] Corizona Discovery [All Eras]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Korachia
Secretary

Founded: Jun 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Korachia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:40 am

Vodkaslavia wrote:
Korachia wrote:OK, thanks. The sun can be named Kothu. The other silicate planets can be in my solar system and just put unclaimed, unnamed. However these planets may be named by our scientists, their official names can remain in the hands of those that inhabit them. Also, I'm very sorry I kinda went crazy with abbreviations. I was saying that this is an awesome roleplay, and that I hope more people will join. :) Thankyou for creating this. Are you thinking of advertising it? I think you can advertise roleplays, and it'll help people find it. Just truely state what the roleplay is about and put a link to it or list the name, make sure advertising is allowed before you do though. I'm sure more people would come if they knew of this, but not a lot of people know, so you have to get it out there.

No worries, I was able to read that. I just meant decoding it from my own mess since they somehow both got put into the quote box.

Kothu it is. And feel free, that adds in more realism. One group always has a separate name for something since language isn't a commonly shared attribute.

I've debated advertising in some of the more "advertising-friendly" places like The Embassy or The NewsStand, but I haven't really thought of what to say. I know a few more from my region plan on joining, as they've been asking me for help with random parts of the application, but for the most that's all I've got. I'll give it a try tomorrow (as it's currently Midnight here) and see what I can come up with to put in other large regions. As for you, if you have any friends in your region you'd like to convince, by all means give that a try too. Any system is fine to try.

Oh, OK. Also, just say what the roleplay is about. A universe in which you can control any nation you want, and interact with other nations while claiming planets in a new galaxy. Also, I know a galaxy is big, but if we ever get to a certain point are there going to be multiple galaxies in the roleplay, or will we just keep expanding on this one?
Last edited by Korachia on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

O ri
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby O ri » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Korachia wrote:Oh, OK. Also, just say what the roleplay is about. A universe in which you can control any nation you want, and interact with other nations while claiming planets in a new galaxy. Also, I know a galaxy is big, but if we ever get to a certain point are there going to be multiple galaxies in the roleplay, or will we just keep expanding on this one?

I think i can answer this one too. We'll probably be expanding this Galaxy. Even if we get more than 1 000 000 players to apply for this roleplay it'll still have a lot of solar systems to spare. But why don't we think about it when(if) we come to it.

Also i have questions of my own.
Can i claim a planet that already has a native civilisation on it? And will there be habitable planets that once had a civilisation but they all died out and left behind ruins and artifacts?
Last edited by O ri on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vodkaslavia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vodkaslavia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Korachia wrote:
Vodkaslavia wrote:No worries, I was able to read that. I just meant decoding it from my own mess since they somehow both got put into the quote box.

Kothu it is. And feel free, that adds in more realism. One group always has a separate name for something since language isn't a commonly shared attribute.

I've debated advertising in some of the more "advertising-friendly" places like The Embassy or The NewsStand, but I haven't really thought of what to say. I know a few more from my region plan on joining, as they've been asking me for help with random parts of the application, but for the most that's all I've got. I'll give it a try tomorrow (as it's currently Midnight here) and see what I can come up with to put in other large regions. As for you, if you have any friends in your region you'd like to convince, by all means give that a try too. Any system is fine to try.

Oh, OK. Also, just say what the roleplay is about. A universe in which you can control any nation you want, and interact with other nations while claiming planets in a new galaxy. Also, I know a galaxy is big, but if we ever get to a certain point are there going to be multiple galaxies in the roleplay, or will we just keep expanding on this one?

As it stands, it will currently just be adding more Systems and more Planets to each system. Assuming this is the size of a "Standard" Galaxy, that would mean we're dealing with 50,000+ Parsecs in Diameter. The Milky Way is ~100,000 Parsecs. I [surprisingly] haven't fully built the Galaxy yet, so as it stands there is no set diameter yet. I just know it's going to be 4-Arms, and I never said it would be a Dwarf, so I'm thinking this Galaxy would have a Diameter of approximately 70,000 Parsecs. This will give us plenty of room for expansion and all that. If I set up like the ones that our region uses, when I get the map done, Systems will be roughly 1 Parsec (3.26 Lightyears) away from each other. Yes, this could be said to make a very "uniform"-looking Galaxy, but it makes it easier instead of trying to show exact distances, which would certainly crash my computer. But yeah, if we have a Galaxy that is 70,000 Parsecs across, we've got ~3.85*109 Systems, which should be hopefully more than plenty. If we get to the point where we need another Galaxy, A] I'm going to be in shock, and B] I'll worry about it when we get there because more than likely couldn't happen (let alone wouldn't).

Besides, 1,000,000 Nations/Empires (as Ori says) in the same Galaxy would create one really cool roleplay with all those powers trying for power and space.

And I have uploaded Ads to the two regions I mentioned previously, so we'll see how that goes. I do not believe our region (Steam Islands) has embassies with any more "advertising" regions, so I can't do too much more in that regards as I don't want to put it on regions that aren't friendly towards that.

O ri wrote:
Korachia wrote:Oh, OK. Also, just say what the roleplay is about. A universe in which you can control any nation you want, and interact with other nations while claiming planets in a new galaxy. Also, I know a galaxy is big, but if we ever get to a certain point are there going to be multiple galaxies in the roleplay, or will we just keep expanding on this one?

I think i can answer this one too. We'll probably be expanding this Galaxy. Even if we get more than 1 000 000 players to apply for this roleplay it'll still have a lot of solar systems to spare. But why don't we think about it when(if) we come to it.

Can i claim a planet that already has a native civilisation on it? And will there be habitable planets that once had a civilisation but they all died out and left behind ruins and artifacts?

I wouldn't exactly recommend it, as they're probably going to fight you to the death to keep their home. If you're talking about Korachia, I'm presuming they own / laid claim to their entire planet, and as such wouldn't take kindly to someone else trying for it. But yeah, I could definitely have that for future planets. At the moment, haven't thought about that for the current ones and as such haven't added anything like that in.

I'm currently working on making resource maps for planets, this way it's set in stone (ha) what is where so it's not like it can be thought of as "favoritism" or anything like that. As I haven't worked on Political maps yet, I don't know have planned what is where and who used to be where and no longer is and all that.

As always, keep these questions coming, I'm enjoying this. Just make sure you guys have a Discord Account ready for when the Roleplay starts.
Last edited by Vodkaslavia on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the glory of Steam Islands!

Steam Islands Wiki
This Nation Does Not Use NS Stats.

Korachia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Korachia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 pm

O ri wrote:

Don't you dare fight us for our planet. Our army is small but mighty, we are not a war-fairing nation but are formidable allies. If you want to become our enemy be prepared to get a nuclear missile to the face. We will try other solutions before war though, so you have plenty of chances. You would much rather be our ally then enemy, as it comes with trade and respect, an being our enemy comes with a nuclear missile to the face. DON'T YOU DARE THINK ABOUT IT! Also, I think that ruins and artifacts would be cool, but perhaps when a civilization actually dies out or abandons a planet it can happen.

O ri
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby O ri » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:45 am

Vodkaslavia wrote:
O ri wrote:

I wouldn't exactly recommend it, as they're probably going to fight you to the death to keep their home. If you're talking about Korachia, I'm presuming they own / laid claim to their entire planet, and as such wouldn't take kindly to someone else trying for it. But yeah, I could definitely have that for future planets. At the moment, haven't thought about that for the current ones and as such haven't added anything like that in.

I'm currently working on making resource maps for planets, this way it's set in stone (ha) what is where so it's not like it can be thought of as "favoritism" or anything like that. As I haven't worked on Political maps yet, I don't know have planned what is where and who used to be where and no longer is and all that.

As always, keep these questions coming, I'm enjoying this. Just make sure you guys have a Discord Account ready for when the Roleplay starts.

Well the Ori wouldn't know IC that the planet has a civilisation on it until we come near it(you didn't exactly say i can send Seed ships to map the Galaxy). Conquest wouln't be their first choice either, especialy as the current owned planet is owned by a humanoid civilisation. So naturaly the Orici would prefer to enlighten(Uplift) them...

Korachia wrote:Don't you dare fight us for our planet. Our army is small but mighty, we are not a war-fairing nation but are formidable allies. If you want to become our enemy be prepared to get a nuclear missile to the face. We will try other solutions before war though, so you have plenty of chances. You would much rather be our ally then enemy, as it comes with trade and respect, an being our enemy comes with a nuclear missile to the face. DON'T YOU DARE THINK ABOUT IT! Also, I think that ruins and artifacts would be cool, but perhaps when a civilization actually dies out or abandons a planet it can happen.

No worries, the Ori don't like conquering human civilisations anyway. Adria will try to uplift your guys, provied they follow the rules.

Korachia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Korachia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 pm

O ri wrote:
Vodkaslavia wrote:I wouldn't exactly recommend it, as they're probably going to fight you to the death to keep their home. If you're talking about Korachia, I'm presuming they own / laid claim to their entire planet, and as such wouldn't take kindly to someone else trying for it. But yeah, I could definitely have that for future planets. At the moment, haven't thought about that for the current ones and as such haven't added anything like that in.

Well the Ori wouldn't know IC that the planet has a civilisation on it until we come near it(you didn't exactly say i can send Seed ships to map the Galaxy). Conquest wouln't be their first choice either, especialy as the current owned planet is owned by a humanoid civilisation. So naturaly the Orici would prefer to enlighten(Uplift) them...

Korachia wrote:Don't you dare fight us for our planet. Our army is small but mighty, we are not a war-fairing nation but are formidable allies. If you want to become our enemy be prepared to get a nuclear missile to the face. We will try other solutions before war though, so you have plenty of chances. You would much rather be our ally then enemy, as it comes with trade and respect, an being our enemy comes with a nuclear missile to the face. DON'T YOU DARE THINK ABOUT IT! Also, I think that ruins and artifacts would be cool, but perhaps when a civilization actually dies out or abandons a planet it can happen.

No worries, the Ori don't like conquering human civilisations anyway. Adria will try to uplift your guys, provied they follow the rules.

What rules?

Korachia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Korachia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:03 am

WE JUST NEED ONE MORE PERSON! :(

O ri
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby O ri » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:47 am

Korachia wrote:What rules?

1. Don't attack other humans that accepted Origin.
2. Let her Patricians roam around your planet and spread Origin
3. Promise to work towards accepting Origin. You don't have to implement Origin right away, you can do it in 1, 10, 100 or however many years you need. Ori are immortal, time means little to them.

But let's continue this when we start roleplaying.

Vodkaslavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vodkaslavia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:22 pm

O ri wrote:Well the Ori wouldn't know IC that the planet has a civilisation on it until we come near it(you didn't exactly say i can send Seed ships to map the Galaxy). Conquest wouln't be their first choice either, especialy as the current owned planet is owned by a humanoid civilisation. So naturaly the Orici would prefer to enlighten(Uplift) them...

Makes sense. Obviously, that's allowed. Maybe not right away, just since I haven't created anything for that yet. But eventually, sure!

Feisty. I like it.

Korachia wrote:WE JUST NEED ONE MORE PERSON! :(

I am aware of two people (both from my region, which is why I know) who are in the process of making applications. It's just a waiting game of when they're able to finish and upload. So don't worry, we're almost there! The waiting games are what play with everyone.

Steam Islands Wiki

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:23 am

Tag, I'll be making app after a few hours of napping. Please wait for me :(
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Darksworth
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 am

Foreign Nation Application
Full Nation Name: The Commonwealth of Darksworth
Short Nation Name: The Commonwealth/Darksworth
Home Location: Planet Vanther, Star System Coddilac, "Scarlet Region"
Era: Semi-FTL

Government Type: Multi-layered Meritocratic Councilship
Leader(s): Supreme Council Minister, Victor Wardoff
Capital City: Ravenest
Population: Approx. 5.5 Billion
Species in your Nation: Tan-skinned Heterochromatic Humanoids
Major Religion(s): N/A, Religion is a very small aspect of Darksworth

Important Characters: Inter-planetary Federal Mayor, Heraldson Vark

Reason for Coming: Resource Gather, Colonize, Conquer and maybe a little bit' of [FTL] Pirate
Resources:
  • 10 Raven Claw Divisions, consisting of 40 Personnel each
  • 50 Steam-Powered Space Zeppelins, commanded by 170 Personnels, with 50 in reserves
  • 35 Inter-Planetary Mobile Refueling and Refinery Stations, commanded by 150,500 Personnels, with 150 in reserves
  • 650 Steam-Powered MegaStorage-Ships, commanded by 150,000 Personnels
  • 700,000 Pieces of Plasma Armaments
  • 1,500,000 Pieces of Kinetic and Old-World Armaments
  • 10-years worth of Organic Food Supplements
  • 150,000 Worker-based Personnel
  • 750,000 Colonists
  • 100,000 Civilian Personnel
  • Inter-Planetary Colonial Stations
  • 300 Easy-Build Steam-Powered Colonies

Areas of Interest: CDS 0009+5, CDS 0009 System
NationTraits™:
Default: 40+
Slower Than light (STL): +6
Real World Physics: 0
Plasma: -6
Solar: -2
Technologicalist: -1
Tolerance of Slavery: 0
Slave Holding: -1
Authoritarian Views: -1
Literacy*70-80%: -2
STEM*80%-90%: -4
Flat Taxes: 0
Total Gov. Size: +3
Moderate Gov. Efficiency: 0
High Gov. Corruption: +1
Dictatorship: +0
Regulated Information: 0
Information Policing*Level 2: -1
State Media*Level 2: -1
Personal License: 0
Selling Licenses: 0
Work Licenses: 0
Identification Card: 0
Barcode: -1
Passport: 0
All Drugs Legal: +1
Conceal Carry: 0
Capital Punishment: 0
MixedLVL2: -1
Strong Industry: -1
Mixed Production: 0
Moderate Amount: 0
Dispersed: 0
Industrial: 0
Extremely Strong Infrastructure: -2
Medium Construction Quality: 0
Medium Construction Efficiency: 0
High Construction Speed: -2
Realistic Focus: 0
Odd Weather Patterns: +2
Unusually Warm: +1
Standard Flora: 0
Dangerous Fauna: +1
Normal Atmoshpere: 0
Large: -2
High-Tech: -1
Cybernetic Military*Moderate: -3
Cybernetic Populace*Simple: -3
LVL 2 Artificial Intelligence: -2

Other: N/A
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Based on this Index
---
Based on this Index

Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Vodkaslavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vodkaslavia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:04 am

Darksworth wrote:Tag, I'll be making app after a few hours of napping. Please wait for me :(

No worries! We'll be accepting applications even after the Server is up and running! Spain sailed to America in 1492, but the French and English still managed to get sizable chunks of land even though they showed up later.

Darksworth wrote:Foreign Nation Application

Everything looks to be in order! Accepted.

I initially couldn't find where you food was, but that's pretty clever denoting who it's for.

Steam Islands Wiki

Darksworth
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 am

Vodkaslavia wrote:
Darksworth wrote:Tag, I'll be making app after a few hours of napping. Please wait for me :(

No worries! We'll be accepting applications even after the Server is up and running! Spain sailed to America in 1492, but the French and English still managed to get sizable chunks of land even though they showed up later.

Darksworth wrote:Foreign Nation Application

Everything looks to be in order! Accepted.

I initially couldn't find where you food was, but that's pretty clever denoting who it's for.

Maraming Salamat!|BTW, is the IC thread up for this already?
Based on this Index
---
Based on this Index

---

The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:58 am

Full Nation Name: The Senatorial Empire of Anzotac
Short Nation Name: Empire of Anzotac
Home Location: Planet Muthak, Star System Hazul

Government Type: Senatorial, High Court, and Lesser Council
Leader(s): High Senator Rudolf Jakku and Chief Councilor Axol Wulf
Capital City: Versati Province
Population: 30.9 Billion
Species in your Nation: Human
Major Religon: Anzotacian/Anzotacist - The worshipping of leader(s) and success

Important Characters: Rudolf Jakku, Axol Wulf, Darrell Wilson (High Court Leader/Chief Cortai)

Reason for Coming: Land expanse, resource gathering, and major colonization
Resources:
- 15 Ravenstern Guard Regiments - 30 guardsmen in each
- 19 resource collection platoons - 10 armed collectors in each

- 150 Escort Frigates - 200 personnel managing each

- 30 A-Class Transport Cruisers - 120 personnel managing each

- 346 Refueling and Refinery Stationary Facilitations - 200 personnel managing each

- 24,000 Resource Stations - 1,060 personnel managing each

- 400,000 War Ships - 235,000 soldiers on each, 307 personnel managing each

- 23+ years worth of food supplies and supplements, stored on frigates and transport ships.

- 780,000 Handpicked Workers

- 800,000 clear-tested colonist

- 40,000 colonial stations

- 90,000 colonial, portable homes and buildings

- 400,000 electrical-powered generators to produce energy

- 230,000 Planetary Arnaments

Areas of Interest: CDS 0009+5, CDS 0009 system
Nation Traits:
Corruptness: -2
Slavery: -1
Literature: +5
Political Fairness: +7
Total Government Size: +3
Poverty: +3
Strong Leadership: +2
Highly Resourced: +9
Tax Rate(low to high): +4
Manufacturing: +2
Technology Advancement: +6
Expense Rate: - 2
Occupation Rating: +3
Military Rating: +5
Land Controlled Rating: -4
Political Views: +7
Infastructure Rating: +2
Drugs: +1
Passports/VISA's: +4
Military Tech: +3
Robotic/Exotic Military: +1
Trade: +2
Colonization: +3
General License: +12
Permits: +2
Imperialism: +4
Slower Than Light: +5
Real World Physics: -1

Other: N/A
Last edited by The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vodkaslavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vodkaslavia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Darksworth wrote:Maraming Salamat!|BTW, is the IC thread up for this already?

Not yet, but after this post I should!

The Protacan-Anzotac Peoples wrote:Foreign Nation Application

Full Nation Name: The Senatorial Empire of Anzotac
Short Nation Name: Empire of Anzotac
Home Location: Planet Muthak, Star System Hazul

Everything looks to be in order, although with the NationTraits, I don't quite understand what was done there. It may be because I'm tired since I'm trying to work on Calc III homework after getting out of a football game (Roll Tide Roll!). If you could explain that to me (either through here or TG, your choice), then all should be good.

Steam Islands Wiki

Vodkaslavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Discord Server Live!

Postby Vodkaslavia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:31 pm

I know I said later "today" yesterday, but instead I'm getting it to you today today.

Here is the glorious Discord Server. Please keep applications to here, but the General Channel on there is for OOC chat (though, you can still chat here, no worries). Anything in the IC Category is obviosuly IC, so I shouldn't need to explain that.

El Linko (that's Spanish): https://discord.gg/Rq4yFCC

Steam Islands Wiki

Nova Blarazia
Secretary

Founded: Jul 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Blarazia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:58 am

Full Nation Name: The Colonial Republican Imperium of Nova Blarazia
Short Nation Name: Nova Blarazia
Home Location: Earth, Sol, Milky Way.
Era: FTL

Government Type: Constitutional Imperial Dictatorship
Leader(s): Archon Vercanius Sayvas
Capital City: Mercentis
Population: 30.9 billion
Species in your Nation: Human
Major Religion(s): Cosmic Sterinthisism (Christianity with expanded cosmic beliefs)

Important Characters: Jameiros Placcius, Resource Depot Manager, Tullia Cantos, Administrative Officer for Trade Overview Office, Octavius Sarannos, Chief Commander of the Colonial Militia, Wilhelm Terranios, Investor and Businessman, Justicios Varno, Judge.

Reason for Coming: Spicy scifi rp
Resources: 100 million tons of Uranium
- 130 million tons of Aluminium, Rodium, and Steel.
- 110 Dusk class resource ships
- 40 Grasp class war frigates
- 1,200 starfighters- varying types
- 280 Fuel and Petroleum stations
- 6,700 resource mines and stations
- 20 Transport ships
-Loads more

Areas of Interest:

NationTraits™:
Political Freedom: -4
Environmental Quality: 0
Agriculture: +1
Mining: +3
Cybernetics: -1
Trade: +5
Militarism: +2
Imperialism: +2
Finance: +3
Petroleum: +2
Solar: +1
Plasma: +2

Other: HERE (If you have anything else you need to add, put it here!)
The tranquil, beautiful Tropic Confederation

A small collection of coastal resorts and fishing villages with palm trees and azure seas.
Led by Chief Executive Desmond Latour

Pro: Conservatism, Tradition, Nationalism, Trump, Capitalism
Anti:Liberalism, Communism, New Defenders, NPO, Social Democracy, Clinton

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents