NATION

PASSWORD

Europa 3998 AD: Renaissance

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ssyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Libertarian Police State

Postby Ssyn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:06 am

..Village of Syn..

"We want whores!" The drunken boys lurched along the filthy alleyways of the ancient village, completely unaware of the dangers within. They had skipped their schooling in order to experience the forbidden pleasures of Syn. "Whores! More ale!" One of the boys slipped and fell into a puddle of vomit, laughing. The others grabbed him and pulled him up out of the gutter, continuing to stagger ever deeper into the labyrinth of dark lanes and narrow passages.

It was high noon in Syn. The desperate folk who called the village home came and went with a certain furtivness etched in their faces as if afraid to be seen by others. Beggars, the lame and sick, and fugitives from justice lined the stinking streets, looking for a handout that would buy them another drink or another pouch of soothing drug.

The markets along the way were little more than dank gatherings of illicit traders, trafficking in illegal wares. What few food stalls there were stank of slowly rotting meat and over-ripe vegetables. A dog turned on a spit, skin dripping an oily liquid onto the guttering flames.

The village sherrifs, themselves as corrupt as any, looked with both contempt and curiosity at the drunks, wondering idly how they could be taken avantage of. The boys continued walking toward that dreaded section of the village, the Old Town. Old Town was the most ancient part of Syn. Some claimed it was a thousand years old, some suggested it was much older.

The legends held that in ages long past, a group of wandering adepts settled here. Over the centuries, the village's reputation grew ever more ominous. Tales of ghosts, primordial creatures, and blood-thirsty denizens of the night circulated throughout the land with only the most foolhardy seeking a life there.

The boys bought another skin of ale and soon found themselves in an unfamiliar part of the village. Dark spires along the narrow alleys hid the sun, an unnatural silence hovering over them. They looked around, trying to decide which way to go when they heard a hissing sound coming from a doorway. "Here, my sons. Here within are the women you seek. Only one shekel. Come, come."

It is the folly of youth that allows them to believe what they are told. In their drunken state, the boys were all too eager to find the street-walkers they desired. As they entered the house, it took an instant for their eyes to adjust to the almost total darkness. A couple of candles were lit, and they could see an array of women lined up along the far wall. Women of every color and size, tantalizing in their skimpy rags. What the boys didn't see was the deadness, the emptiness of their eyes as they beckoned them, long-nail painted red, fingers crooked and twisted.

The crone that had opened the door cackled with glee when the boys made their choices and headed up a wooden ladder to a loft above the main room. All was quiet for a space, then the sounds of floorboards creaking and dust filtering down from between the floorboards were heard.

After a few minutes, the silence was broken by the boys yelling, and then their screams were cut short as the dust was replaced by blood dripping down between the cracks in the floor. The old woman watched as each of the bodies were unceremoniously dumped over the edge of the loft to thump onto the stone floor. The eyes of the doomed boys stared, lifeless, full of the horror they had seen.

"Take them to the pits. Our friends are no doubt hungry by now." The women did as they were bidden, dragging the bodies to the edge of a well inside a courtyard of the house. With one last look, they heaved them over the edge and into the dark mouth of the well and returned to their chairs along the back wall of the crone's house to await their next victims.
Last edited by Ssyn on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:43 am

..Cyprus Dome..

"So, let me get this straight. We have the most powerful empire the world has ever known, advanced technology, 300 years of peace, a sparkling environment, a happy and fulfilled population. And on the other side of that damned Wall, there are barbarians armed with swords, blood-sucking vampyres, ghouls, dragons, assorted Hellish creatures, and a handful of Immortal priestesses...........and we're the ones who are running our asses off to catch up to what THEY'RE doing?" Emperor Alaric de Bourbon-Veurey pounded on the table. "This shit stops right now! I don't give a shit if there are flying baboons, venomous squirrels, or creeping shit-filled animals from China! I want these assholes stopped! I want them dead! I want them and their bullshit demon-magick wiped off the face of Gaia!"

He paced over to the large holo-map. "And before the next 45 days are gone, I want to see this map showing the Empire and Judea occupying the entirety of Ssyn! I don't give a rat's ass how you do it! Kill everything that moves against us. lasers, chain guns, tanks, and squadron after squadron of Rattlesnakes, Mambas, and Pythons! Bomb the shit out of Ninevah. And while your'e at it drop a thousand metric tons of napalm on Vhammpyr and Pharex!"

General Strickland stared silently at the Emperor, as did the other ranking officers and commanders sitting around the table in the Hall of Justice. With the spotting of something in the silo in Italia and the discovery of six enemy in Judea, Alaric had had enough. To top it off, the enemy was gaining in numbers on the east side of the Tigris River and reports of a massive force of Punjabi and B'engali horsemen en route to the front lines of Queen Sybele. Pandora, Lilith, and Asameratu were nowhere to be seen, which just added to the Imperial frustration.

"Sire, to move against them before we're ready is to invite disaster. We can probably defeat what we can presently see, but what of the alledged demonic forces? Do we have any messages from our own sorcerers and spooks?" Strickland was an old-fashioned fighter. Slash, hack, bomb, and let the cards fall where they may.

"There is a character named Merlin who chased a bunch of ancient vampyres out of the Misty Isles, and we have a couple of other Immortals who supposedly can aid us. But I'm not counting on any kind of magick to provide us with sufficient help."

Commander Jenkinns of the Amurcan detachment spoke up. "We have sketchy reports of the descendants of the old Grail Kings are joining the Horde in Ninevah. They and the Persians would be a formidible force if we had to fight them."

"All the more reason to strike pre-emptively, gentlemen! If we hit them first, and hit them hard, we can use these spooks and conjurers to back us up when the demons strike." Alaric pointed to Ninevah, Babylon, Ur, Uruk, and Akkad. "These are the developing centers of the enemy. Reports are that they are sacrificing hundreds of people to their demon-gods, and Sybele has the Vhammpy King bringing thousands of Warriors out of stasis. We have sufficient resources to wipe these centers clean. Our Imperial Air Force will strafe and carpet-bomb these cities while the warships of Emperor Maximillian can sail up the Sea of Arabah and into the Whispering Sea to the mouth of the two rivers. While they're at it, they can land forces in the lower Arabah and engage the enemy forces gathered there. King Viktor will have to coordinate with all Imperial forces along the entire from the Mer Noir to the Sea of Arabah. He will cooperate, as his is the kingdom that will suffer initially if the Horde somehow manages to cross both rivers and then take control of The Wall."

"How in the hell, sire, can that happen? These are barbaric invaders!"

Alaric said, "I don't fucking know, soldier! But I'm not willing to find out the hard way!" He strode to his throne.

"Forty-five days, gentlemen! Now, get your asses in gear and destroy these animals!"
Last edited by The Isles of Xeraph on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarlag
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tarlag » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:45 am

GAZA, THE HOLY LAND

Rolls was sitting in the back seat of a mega-bot as the young pilot Wendy gave him a quick briefing before the started. "You have control of all ranged weapons and sensors along with the coms and damage control. I drive, navigate, and use that big assed chain sword on the bots right arm in close quarters got it?" Wendy chirped as she went through the start up of the mech."

Rolls was given a basic rundown of mech operations but He had a question. "I notice your weapons layout is different then the standard. Why?"

Wendy looked back and flipped a few switches as She spoke. "Basic load out is left arm has two PPCs and right arm has two pulse lasers and a power claw. not my stile, We got a rail gun and missile launcher on the left and a high powered cutting laser with chain sword on the right. I figure the rail gun will give any giant monster we run across a very bad day. Also has a lot better range then the regular load out. I can sit on a hill top and kill things all day long and if things get close." With that She activated the chain sword, the sound of the chain filled the cockpit. "This will cut through steel like a hot knife through butter."

Looking over the controls Rolls activated the on board sensors. "Everything seems clear and the lead Kuratas units are about five klicks ahead, all most to way point one."

"Right were out of here! The young girl pushed both foot pedals forward and the machine moved ahead on it steel and rubber tracks. Moving at over 30 kph the mech turned out to the open desert. "The support staff and supplies will use flyers to get to our next camp. We get to do it the hard way." Wendy said with an all most girlish glee.

"You seem to be enjoying this too much, don't you realize what we will be facing?"

"Ya they told us and showed us old war vids just to scare us. Told us we would most likely be killing thousands. It is better then what we had to look forward to before."

Roll seemed puzzled for a moment then replied. "You are cared for in the underground. The better you did the better your life would be. What is wrong with that?"

"My parents are low level electron pushers for central control. We are level two and will never get any higher. Their parents before them were the same. The blank looks in their eyes. I cried every night thinking I will end up the same as them and everyone else. Never to see the surface, never to run along a river or feel the real sun. The only escape I had was this dumb game. Getting together every night after school with my friends to play and we got good. So good We Night Witches won the championship. That dumb game as my Dad called it got us out and into the real world."

Siddha Nanak
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Siddha Nanak » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:15 am

..Maldive Islands, Indian Ocean..

Captain Krishna Ruum surveyed the ships under his command and was pleased by what he saw. Seventy-two single-mast warships, forty rowers each, every one of them a hardened fighting man or woman. The ships had left Mumbai harbor just a week ago and were now picking up supplies for the warriors in Muscat and Sheba in the lower Arabah. According to reports, there were eight hundred Bengali, Persian, and Chinois mercenaries in the Arabah, soon to be setting out for the small forts along the Arabah-Judean border. Four thousand slaves had labored for weeks constructing the forts, each one ten miles from the next and eaach one holding fifty fighting units. The slaves had been sacrificed to Kali and Set, their rotting bodies dumped in the burning sands of the Arabah.

He was also pleased with the fact that the High Admiral of the Witch Queen's Navy had entrusted him with the large naval force he now watched over. "Excellency, King Solath arrives in an hour. We need o welcome him in a manner due his rank." Capt. Ruum nodded. "Bring him to my command tent after I get there. Make sure there is plenty of wine and meat for him and his commanders."

"It would be good for your excellency to remember that the Vhammpyrians imbibe blood, and their meat should be fresh and raw."

Ruum his his disgust and replied, "Very well, see to it. I prefer the rosé of central Europa and my meat well done!" The aide scampered away and Ruum returned his gaze to the harbor of Tiknish wherein his warships lie. Soon, very soon, he would be fighting for the glory of his nation and the eradication of the accursed Imperials. Soon, his ships would be sailing up the Whispering Sea, there to deploy his warriors in the abandoned cities of Ur, Uruk, and Babylon. There, the forces of Ninevah and Akkad would cross the most narrow portion of the Two Rivers and join him in attacking straight across the land to the walls of Jerusem. His orders were to obliterate every living thing in his way, human and animal, and burn it all as he passed through.

He stood and looked into the sky. In just a few minutes, the Vhammpyrian king would be here to consult with him. Ruum gritted his teeth, mentally preparing for the stench of death that accompanied the Vhammpyrians......

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:29 am

..Millenial City Building Site, along the Rhine River..

"What the fuck is this?" Alaric De Veurey-Bourbon looked suspiciously at the food on his plate.

"That, Majesty, is what the ancients called a chili-dog. Trust me, it tastes much better than it looks." Col. Hal Van Patten sat with the Emperor in a makeshift dining room on the second floor of a partially finished office building in Millenial City. Along with Alaric and Hal were two Amurcan scouts, an East Indian swami, and a bevy of belly dancers from all parts of the Empire.

Alaric picked the dog up, noting how the greasy beans and bacon dripped from the ends of the concoction. Looking over to the colonel, he took a tentative bite and was pleasently surprised at the spicy taste. "Not bad, Colonel. Not bad. Where did this chili dog come from?"

One of the Amurcans, a Sgt. Stedenko, said, "That, sir, is an old and revered recipe handed down from my wife's side of the family. Her ancestors were famed for their dogs in Old New Orleans in the 19th and 20th centuries."

"New Orleans, eh? So...it's a French delicacy?"

"No sir, not exactly. The original chili dog was the invention of a drunken bar tender on Coney Island in Brooklyn, New York, in 1844. Just before the Amurcan Civil War."

"Ah, ancient history. Who won that war, sergeant?"

"Well, it was the war between the Yankees and the Americans. Unfortunately, the Yankees won. Fucked things up for decades."

Hal and the Emperor were on their third helping of chili dogs and whiskey. "Damned shame, eh? I take it your people fought for the Americans?"

"Stedenko nodded. "Y'all got that right, sir. We was with Lee at Gettysburg...damn near broke through and captured Washington."

"How did the Americans start being called Amurcans?"

"One of them damed Yankee presidents around the year 2000. He was about half tanked up when he mumbled something about his fellow Amurcans. Name stuck ever since."

Colonel Van Patten stood up and almost keeled over. "Y'all better siddown, sir! Afore ya fall down!"

Van Patten nodded. "I done heard dat!" He plopped himself down and grabbed the bottle.

"So how's my new city coming along, Colonel? It's been two months and it isn't done yet?"

Van Patten tried to ficus, gave up, then said, "Well, y'see, sire, your city is a big one! Friggin' thing is gonna be ten miles square, built on both sides of the river, in concentric circles with that damned obelisk in the center. You and Emperor Max want that damned thing to be 12,000 feet high! You got any idea how big the foundation gotta be for a building that high?" Van Patten stared blearily at the Emperor.

"Not to worry, Colonel. me and Max got a secret plan to build that thing quickly." He looked around to see if anyone was listening, then said, "Spaceships. Goddam spaceships. Jus' gonna link 'em together vertical-like and cover 'em with steel and transparent aluminum. AI bots gonna do it in a month."

A voice from behind them said, "Well, that's just wonderful, Majesty! The world's biggest target. Why not paint a bull's eye on it just to make sure."

They turned to see Pontiff Greory, Cai Athlu, and a tall woman walking towards them.

"Well, I'll be damned! I 'aint seen you in a while, Gregory! And with the Professer, too!" Alaric eyed the woman up and down, liking what he saw. "And who, Madam, might you be?"

She looked at him coldly. "Certainly not a madam, sir. You may call me Josie. That's who I've been for the past few decades."

Col. Van Patten said, "Ah, one of those Immortals, eh?"

"Yes, but no one special. I've not been anyone famous. I've managed for about 800 years to lie low and just survive."

Alaric asked, "And your specialty?"

Josie fixed her violet eyes on the Emperor. "I'm a killer, Sire. An assassin."

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:43 am

EDINBURGH DOME, WESTERN EMPIRE

Erwin Campbell was going over the Emperor's intelligence brief when Tim walked in. He seemed to be a bit puzzled by the look in His eyes. "What is the problem Boy? Your Dad had the same look in him when He was perplexed by some such?"

Tim took up the chair opposite the immortal. "Dad wanted me to gather information on the fall of His civilization and the Peel archives are rather limited on the subject. They are really complete up-till the atomic attacks on Paris and Rome then things get really fragmented. I was hoping you could help seeing you were there."

Sitting back Erwin responded. "What do you want to know?"

"The causes,and what actually happened. A lot of what the archives tell in from the perspective of something called the Church Militant, what ever that was."

"The Church Militant was a nasty lot. Good intentions at the start, they saved a lot of records and a lot of people. Like all things however over time they became a dishonest pack of thieves who only wanted control at any price. Queen Sofia broke their total control and Her Grandson Winston drove them underground after the Battle of Duncan's Crossing. But enough of that lot on to your question."

Tim asked. "What was the cause. It seems like after the fall of the old USSR everything should of been great. Monies for roads, schools and the like should of been flowing it should of been a golden age."

Laughing the Immortal responded. "Greed and old sins are part of the reason things went to shit. The military industrial complex did not want to give up their hold on the economy. New evil had to be introduced to keep the flow of weapons going out and the cash coming in. So a new evil was created. Middle East Strong Men the Russians or Americans put in power who their own people hated caused a lot of the mess. The Terrorists as they were called blamed the west for their oppressors so we became their targets. Hijackings bombings and terror attacks became the new norm by 2017. An endless war had been created, Guns flowed and so did the blood of the common man, but no one really seemed to care. They kept the dead and wounded under raps as much as they could and every time someone started to question the war another attack happened."

"But according to the records the Islamist's started the whole mess. The West was just defending themselves. Look at the New York attack using full passenger planes. They were animals."

"True, things got out of control after the turn of the century. Oh we did topple a few of the Strong Men and tried to give democracy to people who never knew its meaning. We marched in and said Here is a butt load of cash now figure this whole voting thing out for yourselves. It failed of course, the Islamists hated us more and things got out of the Rich Men's control. A rouge nation not even in the Middle East was the first to throw a nuke at the Americans and a wrench into the Rich Men's plans. Just before that Trump fellow got booted out of office in 2020 North Korea launched missiles at Us. They hit Gaum, Kure Japan and Pearl Harbor. Trump now a lame duck president turned them into a glass parking lot in response. But not before the Bastards sold a bunch of atomic bombs to the Muslims."

"Why would this North Korea place attack America? It would of been suicide."

"They were a hermit country with a leadership who would do anything to stay in power. Their people starved and froze while their Great Leader ate lobster and spent all their countries money on building atomic weapons to scare the west into submission and letting them stay in power. They had a massive army but they could not even meet their peoples basic needs. Millions of their own people died from starvation and sickness even before the first nuke was fired."

"So it was the Koreans who lead to the United States downfall?"

"They were part of it but a lot was internal. Remember Tim there was no one reason for the Fall, there were a lot of different reasons. Both internal and external for the fall of the West. Muslims, North Korea, Anitfa the KKK just to name a few of the groups who should take the blame. Natural disaster was also a factor but that is another story. One I have no time to tell now, I have a meeting with Max in five so be off with you and let me collect my thoughts."
Last edited by Tarlag on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:58 am

..The Wet Beaver Tavern, Ssyn..

A dozen young men were in the place, celebrating their graduation from the Keltoi Temple School of Alchemy. The more they drank, the more various objects floated around the room. When the dress fell off of a serving wench, they all roared with laughter as she ran out of the room. When one of the objects struck an off-duty City Guard, things got tense.

The guard, a sergeant, stood and bellowed, "Who or what the fuck did this?" He was rubbing his head where the object had hit it. "Well, speak up or I'll toss the lot of you into the tower!"

A tall man came out of the back of the tavern, out of the dark shadows. Tall he was, and his white robe identified him as a Mage of the Keltoi Temple. The robe was covered with arcane symbols and runes, his hands hidden inside the voluminous sleeves. "Rest assured, sir, that I will deal with this miscreant. No need to concern yourself."

"So you say, wizard. But these assholes struck an officer of the city guard. There's a fine to pay or off to the tower they go!"

A gold piece appeared on the guard's table. "Will that suffice?"

The sergeant picked it up, bit it, and nodded. "Just be careful from now on. Ya hear?"

The tall man looked over to the newly ordained Temple alchemists. "Go home. Enough damage for one night!"

As they turned to go, the man felt a tug at his sleeve. "Excuse me, sir. A word with you."

He looked down to see a woman and silently gestured at a chair. "What can I do for you?"

"My name is Geneva Thieren. I've just come from Sarmatia. A convergence is approaching due to the Witch Queen's plans for conquest. We need your help."

He looked at her. "You are Immortal?"

"Yes, as is my companion, Ccaile."

"Alright, my name is Uhtred Bebbans. The Keltoi Temple is a vortex here in Ssyn for the locating of positive powers. I assume that's why you're here."

"Yes, I need as many allies as possible right now. Preferably Immortals. Sybele is about to strike on several fronts. She has thousands at hand, thousand more on the way. Not all are human."

"What has all this to do with me and the Alchemist's Temple. We do not involve ourselves with such things. If she and her Horde attacks, we'll disappear into the mountains north of Lhasa. No one will find us there."

"And if you hide, which might allow the evil empire of Acheron to return, you think you will be safe in Lhasa?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. Only the Creator would know where we are. Not Sybele nor any of her Immortals could locate us." He stared at her, then asked, hesitantly, "You're sure it's Acheron that Sybele wants to resurrect?"

"So she says. She's got Lilith, Pandora, and Ameratsura along with lesser Immortals fanning out over Gaia, and she has the kings of Vhammpyr, Pharex, and the Persians aiding her. And I fear that the Muscovii will be joining the Bengali-Punjabi forces before too long. To top it all off, all AI tech is being subject to demonic manipulation. The Impeial cannot risk using it as it could very well be used by the Horde and it's sorcerers against the Empire."

"So what do you want from me? I'm a simple alchemist, as are my students."

She gazed steadily at Uhtred. "Alchemist, yes. Simple, no. You and your Temple can tap into the Shadow World." The Shadow World was one of the many places that could not be seen with a human eye, but it's residents were very present in the Gaian world. "We need the Shadow Queen."

Uhtred raised an eyebrow. "You know not what you ask. Our Shadow Queen, Erce, sees the future as plainly as I see you. But she demands a steep price for her abilities."

"Yes, yes, we know. She wants permanent status as ruler of one of the continents of Gaia. We are prepared to allow this."

Uhtred smiled. "She's a monster, Geneva. A monster of indescribable horror and terror. Not only the knowledge of all in the future, but the absolute command of any and all forces of the Upper Heavens. The very Arkhangels, Seraphim, and Scythasii are charged to do her bidding."

"Sybele and her demons are monsters, my lord Alchemist. It will take a monster to defeat a monster." She glanced down, then asked, "Your answer?"

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:49 pm

DEEP DESERT, THE HOLY LAND

The desert nomad's camp was burning, tents collapsed and the last of the defenders trying to make a last stand on top of a rocky outcropping. The eastern raiders and their vhampyr allies were making short work of the desert wanders. Shots from the firearms the defenders carried rained down on their attackers but the numbers were just too great to be overcome. At least a thousand of the barbarians surrounded the outcropping and were preparing for the final push to take what they wanted.

Valnok the leader of the Vhampyr who organized the attack adsorbed a few bullets as He raised His blade and shouted. "Take their guns and their lives for the Witch Queen!"
The men around raised their swords and axes and also invoked the Queens name in their battle cry as they charged through the broken boulders of the desert floor. Valnok looked to the east as He stood on a large rock for He noticed movement in that direction. A single strange looking man shaped machine moving on heavy treads was coming out of a desert wash and seemed to be looking in His direction. "No matter." He said to himself. "It is but one, numbers will bring it down." That was his last thought as a 20mm hyper-sonic Gauss slug ripped through his torso at over 6000 meters per second. He dropped to his knees with a confused look on His face, looking down at the massive hole in his chest.

Wendy shouted into the com. unit at Roll. "I said aim for the head, you get a clean kill that way!" The machine lurched forward again moving up the wash in an attempt to aid the defenders. Roll responded with His own harsh words. "Center of mass girl! always aim for center of mass. Didn't they teach you anything before they sent you out."

Wendy looked back at the Shadow Guard officer. "If those things are anything like Rocktrolls in the game then a body shot may not kill them. Set your scope for sniper mode and use the railguns squash rounds. They will blow the head clean off." Flicking a switch on Her control panel Wendy took control of the railgun and fired at the creatures head which promptly exploded. "See a clean kill, now take control back and hit that big bastard to our left who is running up on us. He looks like trouble."

Another Vhampyr ran towards the mega-bot massive ax raised high looking to take the machine out in a mighty blow. A single hyper-sonic round removed his right arm at the shoulder before he could come into attack range. Yelling in pain and anger he pulled a wicked looking blade with his off hand and jumped at the machine. Before he could strike his blow the machines chainsaw came to life, its 100 horse power electric motor spinning the chin at a fantastic speed. The saws blade cutting through the vhampyr just below its rib cage. The two parts of the the creature fell to the desert floor still twitching. "Told you head shoots." Wendy shouted. "If you want to ride with the NIght Witchs take head shots. Bloody amateur!"

Roll felt a bit insulted having a 16 year old girl call Him a Captain in the Shadow Guard a bloody amateur. Before He could respond with some insult of His own two more of the Vhampyr jumped out of some rocks to their right. With lightning speed Wendy twisted the bot to face them and fired the machines massive cutting laser into the face of the closest one. Before the first one fell she decapitated the second with the chain saw. Looking back at Roll Wendy said. " Head shots, any questions?"

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:08 pm

The Isles of Xeraph wrote:..Solar Zone,North Afrique..

Hank had few illusions concerning the creature before him. It stood about two meters tall, grey skin glistening despite the intense desert heat. It had a a long thigh bone in one hand, a thick piece of metal in the other. "Droid, analysis."

The droid hovered ten feet to Hank's left, two red lights blinking, blue and green lights on. With the voice of a small child, it said, "Mr. Hank, if I were you, I'd get my ass out of here, quickly. Organic readings suggest the beasty is powering up to kill you forthwith."

Hank grinned. "Good. What's them nanos doing?"

"Oh, they're just dandy. In a holding pattern 24 inches above the beasty." The nanos were the microscopic nano-bots Hank had requisitioned before departing Malta. He figured he'd need just fifty million or so to get the job done, even if there had been two opponents. As of now, there was just the one.

"Okay, good. If that piece of shit takes just one step in my direction, scan half the nanos to it's head. Hold the rest in suspension in case."

"In case, Hank?"

"Yeah, in case my plan goes south. Then scan the rest of them. If the first half seems to do the trick, save the others in case another piece of shit shows up."

The droid beeped. "Got'cha. No second beasty within range...yet. Releasing nanos, five seconds."

Within ten seconds of the scan, the creature was writhing in apparent pain, 25 million nano-bots entering all it's cranial orifices. In due course, fluids began dripping, then pouring, from other openingsin it's body. The creature's mouth was open as if bellowing, but there was no sound coming forth.

Hank watched, mini-chain gun at the ready. But he didn't need it. In another thirty seconds, the creature collapsed in a moist puddle of grey flesh and what Hank assumed were it's innards. "Droid, that thing smells."

The droid, sounding a bit miffed, replied, "Well,what in hell did you expect?" All the same, it moved to hover over the slowly-congealing puddle and a fine mist settled over the corpse of the creature. The horrid smell of decay disappeared.

"Well done, droid. Now go see what, ifanything, you can do with the remains of the human over there, then see if the drones and fighter jet can be salvaged."

"Got it. You hungry?"

Hank glanced at the disgusting pile that had been the creature. "No, you wise-ass. Now get to work."

..Three days later..

"Do you like surprises, Hank?" The droid hovered just outside the tent of Hank Sturcky, the merc assigned by the Imperial government to deal with the unknown creature in the Solar Zone. The creature was dead....more like dissolved...and so Sturcky was awaitong orders.

"Unless you have a half-naked desert wench out there, I'm not in the fucking mood for any surprises."

"Not quite, Hank. But you are about to have company."

Hank grabbed the mini-chaingun and went to the front of the tent. "Who's out there?"

"Oh, just the pilot of the downed aircarft. Apparently, he was secured in the life-pod of the plane when it was hit. He's coming round now."

"I thought that particular model was AI flown?"

"Obviously not. The pod hinges have blown and he'll be exiting the craft in approximately one minute."

Even as the droid spoke, a figure fell out o fthe plane, picked himself up, and started to stagger towards the tent. "Where in hell am I? And who the hell are you?" He fumbled for his sidearm, which had been removed by the droid as a precaution.

Sturcky replied, "You're in the Solar Zone in North Afrique. I had a bit of trouble with the beasty that destroyed your aircraft, but it's been dealt with."

The pilot stood unsteadily for a few seconds, then asked, "Got anything cold to drink?"

Sturcky tossed him a cold Coca Cola.

"Damn, that's good. How come you aren't sweating like a pig?"

Hank grinned. Come on into the tent. Temperature is stationary at 66.3 degrees. But first, your name."

"Tony Ryback, major, Imperial Air Force. Who the hell are you?"

"Hank Sturcky, Spec Ops, Cyprus Dome. Come on in."

After Tony sat at the field table, he asked, "How did you manage to kill that thing? I threw all I had at it and it just waved it's arm and we began to come apart."

Hank grinned. "The Emperor has a new plan for dealing with monsters. He told me to use a monster to kill a monster. So I brought this specially designed droid. Nano technology. Got in all it's nooks and crannies. It puddled."

Tony was only half listening. He noticed a faint glow surrounding the Spec Ops. Hank noticed.

"It's a PFF. Personal Force Field. See this?" He held up an oblong sphere about the size of a walnut. "Geeks have managed to shrink the power of a domed city into this little unit. Now, almost nothing can hurt me. Not bullets. Not lasers."

"I heard rumors of such work. Didn't know it had been perfected."

"Oh, it's not perfect. But it sure as hell will stop swords and arrows. Them they call the Horde 'aint got a chance once the Imperial armies have enough of the PFFs to stand toe-to-toe with them."

Tony felt suddenly faint. The droid said, "Hank, he needs to rest."

"Lay him on the cot against the wall and let him sleep it off. I expect we'll have new orders before long."

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:58 pm

EDINBURGH CASTLE

Minister Jenny La Duke stood to give Her report to the Imperial Council. "I have here the first combat report from the First Mobile-Suit Battalion."

General O"Donnell interrupted. "I am sure they ran for home on their first outing. Sending a bunch of lower level scum to do the jobs of the Shadow Guard and the Black Watch. What were you thinking. They must of ran like little bitches."

Jenny looked over Her Padd at the General then to the Emperor. "Hardly, A forward element of Lilith's forces landed from the Red Sea and moved inland. They consisted of at least a half dozen Vhampyr and a thousand human troops. They became engaged with a group of armed desert nomads about 200km. inland. A SINGLE mobile suit discovered the attack and engaged."

Max sat back listening to the Minister of Entertainment who now doubled as the Minister in charge of the mobile suit project. Max noticed O"Donnell was about to interrupt again."General, please let La Duke finish Her report. Just because you oppose this project does not mean that you get to be rude."

The General gave a fast nod and let Jenny continue."AS I was saying. The single suit in the aforementioned action killed four of the Vhampyr in quick order. The remaining Vhampyr fled the battlefield. At this point the rest of B company arrived and dispatched the human forces using cluster munitions and pulse lasers. According to the combat footage maybe a hundred of the attackers escaped along with the two vhampyr. We on the other hand had no killed or wounded."

Max gave a knowing smile that His gamble was paying off. "What about the ones who escaped?"

O'Donnell spoke up. "I have a Black Watch unit moving to intercept them before they can reach their ships and escape. It should be no problem."

Erwin Campbell who was standing in the back listening moved to the table and spoke for the first time. "General what are your lads armed with?"

"Hand lasers, sonic grenades with light particle guns for support, why?"

Campbell looked down at the Black Watch commander. "Cause I bothered to look at the footage from the fight that is why. The leader of the Vhampyr was not affected by large caliber rifle rounds. I wager they will shrug off lasers to. That fella ate a 20mm railgun slug and was still going, not liking life but still alive. You send your boys out against Vhampyr with such light weapons they are as good as dead."

The General took a second and brought up the footage on the big screen. After viewing it for a moment the General asked. "What do you purpose?"

Campbell rubbed His chin then responded. "I am no General, however I wager a few gunships raining heavy ordnance down will give them a bad day."

The Emperor looked to the Immortal. "That would be nice if we had gunships but we don't"

Campbell just looked to the Emperor. "Bell aerospace of Luna is building such a thing. Based on the old C-130 design. Heavy pules lasers, automatic cannon and even a 105mm cannon. They can deliver the first ones in twelve hours with your say so."

"And how did they come to build such things?" The Emperor asked seeming to know the answer.

"They saw a need in the market and filled it that is all. Arms manufacture may be banned by private business on earth but not on Luna or Mars. Some forward thinkers saw this coming and are going to provide what is needed at a fair price."

"Right Lord Campbell make it happen."

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:00 pm

..The Wall Zone, Ssyn..

It was noticable that when the assault on The Wall commenced that it was entirely by surprise. The forces that had been given the task to guard the Wall and the area of Ssyn that bordered the Euphrates had no clue what was happening when the first barrage hit positions along the river and the periphery of the Wall.

For almost a full 12 hours, the pandemonium and panic that earmarked the assault of Queen Sybele's Horde and the subsequent breach of the defender's positions was not in the least understood or prepared for. The first seventy-odd bombs that struck the defenses so devastated the defenders that almost a third of them were rendered ineffective. Hundreds of Imperial forces died, obliterated by the fiery orbs that impacted the Wall and all of the defenses along the coastlines of the Euphrates. But what caused the defending Imperial soldiers to lose heart was the crossing of the river by the Horde.

To this day, no one an explain the crossing of the Vhammpyrian, Ninevahn, Punjabi-Bengali and Persio-Muscovii forces across the river, except to say it was sorcery, plain and simple.

They simply walked across the waters....soldiers, cavalry, ghouls, Hindi Warriors, Medes and Persians, and thousands of demonic and devilish creatures that took about eleven minutes to find their way across the river. No bridges, no pontoons.....they simply strode across, their feet scarcely damp from the effort.

Sybele, Lilith, Pandora, and Ameratsura stood on the eastern bank of the TIgris, arms extended, chanting archaic spells that encbled the Horde to cross into Ssyn. Once in the interior, the slaughter commenced. Men, women, and children were run down, chopped to pieces, no one spared. Thousands of Queen Sybele's troops surged across the expanse of the Land Between the Rivers until they arrived on the eastern shores of the Euphrates. The Ilperial troops realized quickly that they were so outnumbered that they retreated to the supposed safety of The Wall.

Atop The Wal were numerous batteries of defenders. Chain guns, lasers, 88mm artillery rained down on the Horde, to little effect. The Hordr crossed the Euprhates in the same manner as they crossed the Tigris, albeit with stiffer opposition. They died by the hundreds, but they kept on coming. Swords slashed, war hammers crushed, and small arms killed the Imperial troops, but not without resistance. The hand-to-hand combat was nothing but the most brutal, bloody, horrid thing that had been seen in the Empire for a thousand years.

Spears, axes, short-swords and battle knives spilled blood on both sides. The Horde formed what they called a shield-wall, shields interlocked so as to prevent the enemy from penetrating their assault. Huge warriors brandishing war-axes tried to hook the shields of the Imperials and pull them down so as to afford the Horde to stab and gut the enemy. In a short period, the ground was slick with the blood and entrails of both attacker and defender. But the Imperials were outnumbered, and soon the Horder found themselves at the very gates of The Wall.

The entire length of The Wal had been bonbarded by what only could be described as dragons. Hundreds of small dragons, less that five feet in length, had flown themselves into The Wall, causing huge portions of it to disintegrate. In short order, the Horde had penetrated to the interior of several portions of the great defensive Wall.

And still the creatures of the Horde poured across both rivers. In the south, where the enemy had been repulsed by Brittanic forces, they redoubled their efforts along the Red Sea and came near to overwhelming the Imperials. In the south of the Arabah, the Vhammpyrian, Punjabi, and sea-creatures of the Queen's alliance stormed through Muscat and Sheba, slaughtering hundreds and moving quickly across the border into Judean lands. If unchecked, they would be hammering at the gates of Jerusem in 72 hours.

This is the suituation that Alaric and Maximilian found themselves facing. And knowing that they could not use AI Tek was frustrating, to say the least...........

Jerusem
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerusem » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 am

..Lower Judean Territory..

General Jakob ben-Netayu watched the enemy cross over into Judean lands. As he focussed his binocs, he was feeling helpless to stop the incursion,but on the advice of his commanders, he held back his troops so as to regroup and defend the roads to Jerusalem.

"Capt. Efraim, estimated time for enemy to be within range of artillery."

"Sir, they are within range now, though at the extreme limits. Another hour and we can open up on them."

"Number of Imperial MBTs?"

"Twelve, sir. All Wolfhounds. All are locked and loaded."

"Our soldiers?"

"Six hundred forty seven, sir. Staggered formation, mostly dug into the few wooded hills down there. MASH Units fifty yards to the rear. No FireBases.....there are simply not enough of our troops to seperate the main forces into smaller units."

Ben Netayu nodded grimly. "And there's 2400 of the bastards headed this way. Four of them to one of ours."

The captain managed a grin. "Not too bad, sir. We've had worse odds before, y'know."

"True, Captain. But before there were no magicians or Vhammpyrs. Men are easy to kill, but I wonder about demons."

Just then they heard a roaring sound behind them and looked up to see four Imperial Rattlesnakes fly over the lines. The Judean troops cheered and waved and in about ten seconds, the massed enemy troops were strafed on the initial pass. As the jets turned back, they let loose their Scepter AS missiles into the rapidly dispersing invaders. Large holes in the enemy lines appeared as the missiles struck, killing and wounding dozens.

"MBTs to open fire when enemy 1/2 mile distant. Artillery, commence firing!"

Devastation rained down upon the assaulting forces, but they kept moving forward. Even with the air support and the tanks, it was going to be a dicey fight.

When the enemy was just fifty yards away, Gen. Netayu gave the order for his troops to open fire with all weapons.

And still the beasts came at them, howling like the very devils of Hell.........
Last edited by Jerusem on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pharex
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 27, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pharex » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:41 am

..Eastern Front Lines, Judean Wilderness..

Pamdora herself was directing the assault from the ancient city of Babylon. The city was legend, a mystical place of violence, fear, and imperial might. Here,Nebuchadnezzer had ruled a vast empire some 5,000 years earlier. And in the 1970s and1980s another maniacal dictator, Saddam, had also sought to conquer himself an empire. Both were long dead, and the city slept, awaiting rebirth.

Pandora's troops had crossed the river the same way that Sybele's had far to the north. As the forces put their feet on dry land after crossing over the Euphrates, a wondrous thing happened. Wondrous even by sorcerous standards.

Pandora stood at the front of her army, a leather pouch at her waist. After addressing the four corners of the world and their respective elements, she reached into the pouch and started scattering tiny seeds, walking as she did so. In just a couple of minutes, as the sown seeds lie on the semi-arid land of the Judean wilderness, they began to grow. Fifteen minutes later, a full-grown humanoid stood where the seed had been sown, skeletal, naked but for an ancient, rusted sword in it's hand.

In three hours, Pandora had an additional 10,000 infernal soldiers at her back. With the 3,500 that had crossed with her, she had a formidable force. As she looked west,she had a mental image of her standing at the heights of burning cities, the bodies of Judean soldiers and citizens strewn about her. One by one, she imagined taking control of Beersheba, Nazareth, Ashkelon, and even Damascus. Then, when the Queen's army combined with her's and the Vammpyrian army of the south, they would attack the great prize.....Jerusalem. There would be nothing to stop the spread of the demonic armies of Queen Sybele as it spread across the Sea to Cyprus Dome and beyond to the Greque Isles and into Europa itself.

She looked calmly at her assembled army, then raised her arm and, silently, pointed west. As the army marched, the only sound was the measured tred of the soldiers as they moved forward...............

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm

LOWER JUDEAN TERRITORY

The battalion of mobile suits advanced to the rear of the allied forces Gunther Roll sat in the back seat of the mega-bot and directed the advance. Roll spoke into the mike. "I have at least 2400 troops in addition to to support. Also a baggage train about five klicks back."

Wendy looked back at the Captain. "I don't make any Vhampyr along the lines. The drones aren't even picking them up at the baggage train."

Roll checked his scope again. "They might of learned after our last engagement. They may be keeping them back till they can exploit a hole in our lines."

The mobile suits flanked the Imperial armor and stopped. "Roll to all missile armed units fire one volley of cluster munitions on my mark. MARK!"

Missiles lifted from their launchers and flew over the battlefield. Each one exploded 200 meters above the enemy lines dropping bomb-lets onto the advancing troops. Ragged holes began to open in the advancing troops as the Imperial troops fire increased.

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:39 am

..Interlude, Black Forest, 4125 A.D...

"Sir, would you care for more wine?" The old woman who had been a servant for nearly thirty years waited patiently.

With a barely perceptible nod, she poured the libation into an old silver goblet, the dark liquid sparkling in the firelight. The man feebly waved her away and returned to his thoughts. It had been about 125 years since the uneasy end of the Imperial Wars of 3998-3999 AD. It had ended badly for both sides. The Empire was split asunder and the Ninevan Confederacy had been driven back to the lands of Ulan Batora. Both greatly decimated, hundreds of thousands dead or missing.

The population of Europa at the time had been around a million or so, the monsters of Ninevah just about a quarter of that. The Land between the Rivers was just now beginning to be repopulated and rebuilt and the areas east of the Tigris a virtual wasteland all the way to the mountains of the Indus.

"Excuse me, lord. One of your guards has a report. Shall I send her in?" The warrior entered and bowed respectfully.

"Lord, just a routing report. All is well, all is quiet. None of the bandits have come anywhere near here after we thrashed them last month."

Lord Balthus de Veurey roused himself from his mild inebriation and said, "Very well. Carry on. Please send Commander Ichthus in and please return with him. I have a mission for you both." He knew that this female soldier and the Commander were involved with each other. He grinned as he thought tha no matter what else occured, men and women will always find time to fuck each other.

Ichthus enterd the yurt accompanied by the woman, whose name was Vanna. "Welcome, Commander. Please, be at ease. Sit down and have some wine and meat. You too, Vanna."

As he watched them eat and drink, he was again taken back in time to the assault he fought in beside The Wall against the monsters of the evil Queen Syble. Hundreds had died that day and he was severely wounded. He should have died from the gash in his throat, but it was in this battle that he discovered that he was an Immortal. The Imperials had stemmed the flow of the Horde that day, but at a terrible cost.

"Commander, what is your appraisal of the conditions of the Empire today?"

Ichthus hesitated for a moment, then said, "Lord, there is no Empire. Not as you knew it 127 years ago. It is split into a dozen petty kingdoms with immense areas of disputed territories. We ourselves are in what is being called the Neutral Zones. We here are what remains of the Templar and Teutonic Knights, about three hundred strong. We occupy just 90 square miles or so of land. The next occupied lands are hundreds of miles distant. We are surrounded by dense forests. There are an additional 100-odd people, old men, women, and a few children who are under our protection."

"And no contact with other strongholds? No kingdoms, baronies, or earldoms?"

"An occasional landless soldier, lord. with tales of horrific fighting between barbarians and descendants of the monsters. They are few in number, but vicious, unrelenting. The soldiers that make it through tell us of having to fight every day, and for every soldier that makes it here, ten have tried and failed."

"So where, in your opinion, would we go to make contact with others like us?"

Vanna spoke. "Lord, all we have to go on are reports of small contingents of human warriors that are east and south of us here. We don't know exactly where they are or how far away they might be. We think it would be a trk of at least two weeks through the Black Forests to the nearest settlements, but it could be more as well as less."

Lord Balthus allowed a slight smile. "I haven't heard it called the Black Forest for decades." He looked over to the commander. "How many men would you need to get to the nearest inhabited place?"

Ichthus thought a minute and replied, "Twenty would do, Lord. Any one of our soldiers are worth five bandits."

"Very well, Commander. Prepare your men and women. You leave in 48 hours. Godspeed."

After they left, he again drifted back to the battles of 3998 and 3999. It would be hours before he became aware that it was night........

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

..Present day, west of The Wall..

General Hoggins went over the reports of damage and discovered that most of the assault by the Horde and their allies was centered on the center portions of The Wall. But that was still a very large area, some fifty miles north to south. Large openings had been formed by the dragons and a number of the Vhammpyrian forces had broken all the way through to the western side, but were repulsed by tank fire. Not even fifteen-foot tall monsters could withstand an .88mm tank shell.

Other eports told him and his commanders that the ships of the Ship Lords were holding the Horde back in the south, but Jerusalem's defenses were about to be attacked. Air bases in the northern and southern portions of the Empire were running constant attacks against the Ninevan and Punjabi mercs, and all external exits from the Wall were positioned with a minimum of three Beowulf or Werewolf MBTs. Python and Anaconda bombers were carpet-bombing Sybele's troops on the far side of the rivers, creating havoc in a mighty fashion. But still the Horde came on, pressing their lines ever closer to the Wall.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

..Far Northern Tundra, Xiberya..

The attacks came without warning. The combined Rus-Moskva tribes of Xiberya struck the Sarmatian territories like a maelstrom, looting, burning, and killing all that stood before them. There wasn't much that the Sarmatian villages could do to defend themselves. The main cavalry of Khan Taltar Zhen and his lieutenants Oud Rani and Mgsach Agoy were far to the south harassing the Medo-Persii tribes north of Ninevah.

As the Muscovii thundered through the Sarmatian lands, they took slaves, food, and any precious metals they could find. They killed the older people and destroyed their villages, where the dark smoke of their burning could be seen for miles.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

..Paris, western Empire..

They recognized each other quickly, the sense of their immortality readily apparent. "Innkeeper, a room in the back and some ale. We are not to be disturbed." He tossed a silver coin on the bar and in a short while the ale arrived in tall tankards.

"So, my friends, we meet at last. I am Tergos of the Greque Isles." He looked over at the woman and said, "You must be Betsy, one of those called Amurcans from Formentrara." The woman nodded, saying nothing."

The third one said, "I am called Maran. Possibly you have heard of me."

Indeed they had. Maran had been the Immortal who first discovered the woman Lilith in the Italian silo some thousand years earlier. He hadn't changed much in those centuries, a few more scars caused by battles with Lilith, Pandora, and Ameratsura. "Why are we here, Tergos? Shouldn't we be over near the Wall aiding our troops?"

Tergos was a squat, barrel-chested man that reeked of fish and onions. "Lot of fucking good that would do. The Imperials are getting their asses handed to them. What fucking good would it do for us to be there? We're not supposed to be able to die, bit I 'aint going there to find out if it's true or not."

Betsy glared at him. "Watch your mouth, Tergos. Maybe Maran doesn't care, but basic civility is big with me. I'll cut your tongue out, pig!"

Tergos threw his head back and laughed. "You're welcome to try, sweetie. Before I tear you apart, I'll fill every hole in your body with my sweet loving."

She was about to launch herself at the man, but Maran put a hand on her arm. "Relax, m'lady. Neither one of you are going to anyone any harm. We're here to talk about finding other Immortals, not fight among ourselves."

Tergos grinned. "Well hell, I know where there's a shitload of 'em. Though most of 'em don't know they're immortal yet."

"Do tell."

"Over near the cathedral. The priests and monks of the nailed god. About half of them are immortal, maybe twenty or so."

"Why don't they know?"

They 'aint old enough to know. None of 'em over forty. Never been sick a day in their lives, not even a sniffle." He let out a loud belch, scratching his ample belly.

"M'lady, do you know of any immortals?"

She stared malevolently atTergos, fingering her battle-knife as she replied, "Yes. There is a kingdom high up in the Carpathian mountains, hidden for centuries by steep crags and dense fogs. Exactly thirty-seven Immortals reside there."

"How do you know of this"

"I lived there for a little over 81 years. I've been here in the Empire for about an equal time."

Tergos laughed. "Ah, an older woman. Me like."

Betsy glared at him. "I'd sooner mate with a leprous camel than with you! Keep your filthy comments to yourself!"

Maran pointed at Tergos. "You'll speak respectfully, Tergos. Or you'll find out quickly that Immortal CAN die."

Tergos stopped grinning, but he also shut his mouth.

Turning to Betsy, Maran said, "So we start with Notre Dame Cathedral. Then we'll head off to the east to find your people. Agreed?"

As they got up to leave, Betsy grabbed Tergos by the neck and hauled him three feet off the floor. "Mind your manners, pig. You'll not get another warnig."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

..Cathay Hegemony..

Lilith sat with the inscrutable Counsel of the Nipponese Matriarch. "So, Majesty, have you given my proposal any thought?"

The Matriarch, whose name was not to be spoken, replied, "I would know one more thing about you, Lilith. You claim to be over a thousand years of age. Who were you in past centuries?"

Lilith smiled. "Majesty, I am actually nine thousand, seven hundred, ninety eight years old as the humans count. I am indeed Lilith, Adam's wife before the Creator tossed me aside and created Eve. I've been called Imhotep of Egypt, Nero of Rome, the Magdalen of Judea, and Jeanne D'Arc of France. And there have been others, although most of my identities have been of non-descript personages. Some famous generals and politicians along the way including the Amurcan called Barak and the soldier named Amin. Good enough of a pedigree for you, Majesty?"

"Interesting. And your life has never been in danger?"

"Possibly. It is accepted that there is no way to kill an Immortal. Natural and supernatural defenses are always present."

The Matriarch glance out of her tower-window. Looking back to Lilith, she said, "Though enticing, I cannot see what benefit an alliance with you could be done. I have all I need and more. My realm runs from the Nipponese Island north to the Kamchat Lands, south to the Viet territories, and east to the Himalayas and Mingol Steppes. Surely I need nothing more, eh?"

Lilith grinned. "Excuse me, Majesty, but wouldn't second-in-importance to Queen Sybele be incentive? You'd be ruler of Gaia and eventually the entire star system. Sybele has far bigger plans than that, so you would be all powerful, governing over planets,moons, and vast cities."

The Matriarch shifted in her seat. "Let me reconsider your offering. Be back here tomorrow."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Greystone Academy, Greystone Forest..

"So, ladies and gentlemen, we come to the last class of ancient history: The Wars and Natural Disasters of the 21st Century. Anything to ask before we get started?" No one raised a hand.

"Very well. In 2037, tensions reached the point that massive battles began. They were not actually wars, just localized, though large, battles in the so-called hot-spots of Terra." He went over to the large holo-map.

Here, in what was called the Middle East, and here in central and northern Afrique, and in, of all places, the Austrailian-Zealand islands, thousands of miliary forces clashed in bloody and devastating battles that lasted weeks, not days. Surprisingly, there were little chem-bio weapons used. But it was inevitable that the day of the ICBMs would come. No one to this day is really sure who first pushed the buttons, nuclear destruction ensued. Millions died and the resultant shock waves started a chain-reaction of earthquakes and tsunamis. Ocean floors rose, lowlands, dropped below the waves, resulting in the map of Terra you see before you." The bell rang. "See you all tomorrow. We'll finish up here."
Last edited by The Isles of Xeraph on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:15 pm

..Templar Lands..

Maran, Betsy and Tergos made fairly good time considering there was a war going on. They managed to stay hidden in the dark forests by day and the moonless roads by night as they headed east towards the lands of the ancient Rumanii. Once there, they had to climb the narrow paths of the Carpathia Mountains up nearly 13,000 feet to the hidden kingdom spoken of only in whispers. There, a vast, dark castle lie amongst the clouds and fog of times past, unseen and unvisited for centuries.

Dark tales of monsters, werewolves, and winged men were passed on from mothers to children, from the old to the young. That there was danger up on the shrouded crags was undeniable, but the trio was fairly sure that the horrid tales of bloodthirsty vampyres and vengeful ghosts were exaggerated.

"All I know is that there 'aint no fuckin' ghost or boogeyman gonna stand up to a chain-gun." Tergos insisted on hauling a mini-chain gun along with them. One of the pack-mules carried 12,000 rounds of ammo for it.

Maran nudged Betsy and smiled. "It would seem, Master Tergos, that you have our well-being well in hand."

"Damned straight. You can trust in your magicking, but I'll stick with cold steel and bullets!"

When they finally stopped for a rest, Maran checked the map and then calculated by the stars as to their position. He reckoned they were almost three-quarters of the way to the mountains.

Betsy was preparing a frugal meam of roast squirrel and an herb soup when she heard a twig snap behind her. In a single motion, she pulled a poniard as she whirled around to see what could have made the noise. What came out of the darkness was a being of nightmares.

Fully seven feet tall, covered in filthy rags and furs and carrying a massive club in one hand and a rusted broadsword in the other, the beast stood just at the egde of the simple camp, it's one good eye looking left and right. Sniffing the cooking meat, it gestured that it was hungry. From a mouth that held broken and rotted teeth it growled it's impatience and started to walk forward.

Maran was by her side instantly and held up a hand. "Stop! I command you in the name of Jhesu to leave!"

The creature gave what appeared to be a grin and continued to move into the camp. Just as it was about to swing it's sword, a curious buzzing sound was heard.

In less time than it takes to sneeze, the creature was nearly cut in two by the mini-chain. Thick black blood gushed from the massive holes the bullets made in it's torso and the upper portion of the beast toppled over, sliding in it's own innards to stop short of Betsy and Maran.

As the air slowly cleared of cordite, Tergos laughed. "So much for your friggin' commands, eh wizard?"

Maran, looking grim, nooded his thanks to the man and said, "We need to eat and move out of this area. The creature might have had friends nearby who would have heard the commotion. We'll sleep tonight in the trees."

They ate quickly and then moved two hundred yards deeper into the woods where they found an ancient oak. "Up there. We'll be safe for the night. We need to be refreshed for the final push to the Carpathians two weeks hence."
Last edited by The Isles of Xeraph on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:10 am

..The Cathay Hegemony..

Lilith watched as the Council filed in, silently taking their seats before the throne of the Matriarch. They sat with heads bowed, as if in meditation. When the Matriarch spoke, they starter a low, humming chant. Lilith immediately felt the atmosphere change in the room.

"We have come to a decision, Lilith. While there is more we would need to consider as far as details, we want to know what the first step of this alliance would be in the pursuit of Gaian dominence."

Lilith smiled because she knew that she had their utmost attention. And that attention was going to be focussed on ambition.

"First and foremost, Majesty, we need to eliminate the one being that could thwart our plans. He is Immortal, indeed the oldest of our kind. He and his people live on a cluster of islands far to the west, off the southern Amurcan coasts. His name is Neander....."

Satananya
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Satananya » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:34 pm

..Satananya, south of Ssyn..

The Ninevan assault troops had successfully crossed both the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, but they were presently being chopped to pieces within the gaps of The Wall. Ferocious battles, some devolving into vicious hand-to-hand fighting, was raging. The allied forces were fighting to keep the Horde from passing through to the west of the Wall with limited success. The air squadrons were doing their best, the Rattlesnakes, Vipers, and Mambas killing the enemy by the hundreds. But still they kept coming.

The ancient village of Ssyn itself was untouched, it's reputation of long-dead sorcerers and priest-kings keeping all combatants away. But the regions due south down through the middle of the Land Between the Rivers was being occupied and settled by the denizens of Queen Sybele.

The human population had either been slaughtered or captured to feed the Ninevan warriors. Thousands of yurts had been hastily thrown up to house the ever-arriving Ninevan and Punjabi soldiers. The generals and commanders were laying out a plan to secure the Wall regions and then head south to support the Queen's forces presently making their way north to assault and occupy the Judean territory. The Wall was less- well protected in the south and so they did not anticipate as stiff a resistance as they had in the northern and central portions of the Wall regions.

And now it was being reported that the Sarmatians were abandoning their attacks on the northern Ninevan army in order to head back north and protect their lands from the surprise assaults of the Muscovii tribes. They would get there too late, and the tribesmen would be gone, the towns and villages left burning behind them.

There was a pause in the fighting as the opposing sides jockeyed for position, but the lull would not last long............
Last edited by Satananya on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vhammpyr
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 13, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Vhammpyr » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:46 am

..North of the Sheban border..

The high and mighty of the Vhammpyrian forces gathered in the large command tent in the border village of Shem-en-Enkil before dawn. It was in this pre-dawn chill that the fate of the opposing armies would be decided. The assault teams were prepared and assembled.

King Solath of Vhammpyr, his chief strategist Baron Erewith and two commanders, Atess and Retri stood awaiting the king's decision. Solath continued looking at the map spread out on the table, then said, "I've decided that an out-right frontal attack on the JudeanTemplar defenses would be our best resort. They may be formidable foes, but we not only outnumber them, but we have word that the Imperial air force is concentrated on the central and northern portions of the Valley of Syn and have no aircraft to spare fot the Arabah regions. We'll have clear access to most of the Wastelands. We'll take 36 hours to rest and deploy our forces south of Judean lines and then attack across a staggered front four miles across. Our Vhammpyrian Warriors and MBTs will take the brunt of the effort with our various allies reinforcing the flanks. And two of the female Immortals will be with us as well as our witches and necromancers. They will control the elements to our advantage."

A voice from behind him said, "And you think that will suffice? You think that King Viktor of Judea and his Templar Princes will just wait until they're attacked? Foolishness!"

They turned to see Queen Teos of the ancient kingdom of Sheba standing in the shadows. Baron snapped, "And just what in hell do you think we ought to do, Majesty? Ask them to surrender?"

"I didn't say that your plans wouldn't work, my dear Baron. But why pay a hundred ducats of gold for something that could cost but one?" None understood, so she continued.

"You will lose half of your army after defeating the northerners. You won't be able to do more than hold what you gained afterwards. And that puts a crimp in Queen Sybele's plans for the conquest of Jerusalem. Which, as you know, she will not accept any excuse for it not being accomplished."

"We'll eventually get more soldiers."

"It will take weeks for you to build your forces back up to minimal efficiency. Weeks that you don't have."

"And your suggestion, Majesty?"

She smiled mischieviously. "Let a handful of women do what they do best, my lord Baron, and you'll be able to virtually stroll through the enemy defenses............."

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:03 am

The Isles of Xeraph wrote:..Templar Lands..

Maran, Betsy and Tergos made fairly good time considering there was a war going on. They managed to stay hidden in the dark forests by day and the moonless roads by night as they headed east towards the lands of the ancient Rumanii. Once there, they had to climb the narrow paths of the Carpathia Mountains up nearly 13,000 feet to the hidden kingdom spoken of only in whispers. There, a vast, dark castle lie amongst the clouds and fog of times past, unseen and unvisited for centuries.

Dark tales of monsters, werewolves, and winged men were passed on from mothers to children, from the old to the young. That there was danger up on the shrouded crags was undeniable, but the trio was fairly sure that the horrid tales of bloodthirsty vampyres and vengeful ghosts were exaggerated.

"All I know is that there 'aint no fuckin' ghost or boogeyman gonna stand up to a chain-gun." Tergos insisted on hauling a mini-chain gun along with them. One of the pack-mules carried 12,000 rounds of ammo for it.

Maran nudged Betsy and smiled. "It would seem, Master Tergos, that you have our well-being well in hand."

"Damned straight. You can trust in your magicking, but I'll stick with cold steel and bullets!"

When they finally stopped for a rest, Maran checked the map and then calculated by the stars as to their position. He reckoned they were almost three-quarters of the way to the mountains.

Betsy was preparing a frugal meam of roast squirrel and an herb soup when she heard a twig snap behind her. In a single motion, she pulled a poniard as she whirled around to see what could have made the noise. What came out of the darkness was a being of nightmares.

Fully seven feet tall, covered in filthy rags and furs and carrying a massive club in one hand and a rusted broadsword in the other, the beast stood just at the egde of the simple camp, it's one good eye looking left and right. Sniffing the cooking meat, it gestured that it was hungry. From a mouth that held broken and rotted teeth it growled it's impatience and started to walk forward.

Maran was by her side instantly and held up a hand. "Stop! I command you in the name of Jhesu to leave!"

The creature gave what appeared to be a grin and continued to move into the camp. Just as it was about to swing it's sword, a curious buzzing sound was heard.

In less time than it takes to sneeze, the creature was nearly cut in two by the mini-chain. Thick black blood gushed from the massive holes the bullets made in it's torso and the upper portion of the beast toppled over, sliding in it's own innards to stop short of Betsy and Maran.

As the air slowly cleared of cordite, Tergos laughed. "So much for your friggin' commands, eh wizard?"

Maran, looking grim, nooded his thanks to the man and said, "We need to eat and move out of this area. The creature might have had friends nearby who would have heard the commotion. We'll sleep tonight in the trees."

They ate quickly and then moved two hundred yards deeper into the woods where they found an ancient oak. "Up there. We'll be safe for the night. We need to be refreshed for the final push to the Carpathians two weeks hence."

Maran woke just as the dawn was breaking through the trees. It was that time of the day called "wolf dawn", that grey, hazy half-light that preceded the sun's rising. Before rousing Betsy and Tergos, he thought back to Paris where they initiated the priests and monks at the cathedral into the knowledge of their immortality. Some were shocked, some indifferent, but all wanted to go with the three to the Carpathian mountains. Maran told them that they had work to do in what was left of the belief system they knew as Jhesu. So much of this had been lost with the rise of Imperial Europa that it was all but unknown. What he did tell them was to become as adept as possible at warfare, for it was coming their way in the form of the demonic forces of Queen Sybele.

He got up and gave Tergos a kick. "Get up, Tergos! We have to cover nearly 200 miles in the next 14 days."

The man grumbled, but did as ordered. Betsy opened a bleary eye and asked, "Time already? Seems like we just fell asleep."

Maran grinned. "You've slept almost nine hours. Now come, let's eat quickly and get down out of this tree."

A half-hour later, they were walking briskly through the deep forests of the territory of the Templar army. They could smell the cook-fires and soon could see some outlying villages, the farmers toiling in the fields.

"We are in friendly lands now. I'd not be surprised to meet up with some of the Templar scouts. Perhaps we can gain some news of the war."

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:42 am

..Interlude, Black Forest,4125 A.D...

Balthus de Veurey heard the commotion out in the courtyard and looked out of the high-tower window. His scouts had returned after nearly two months, hopefully with some info about potential neighbors in the so-called Neutral Zone.

Commanders Ichthus and Vanna hurried to their lord's chambers, not bothering to clean the dirt and dust of their travels off first. "Come in,please. Sit and tell me of your findings." The old Baron waited patiently as they sat and drank a flagon of cool ale.

"M'lord, we found not one, but two territories where significant numbers of civilized people lived. One to the south and the other just three days ride west of here. Both count as their ancestors knights who fought for the Empire, and who have maintained their military capabilities. The knights of the south name themselves as knights of St. Joseph of Arimathea. They occupy an ancient Roman fort as their primary home with two other smaller forts which they call burhs. These burhs are basic stockade structures that contain about fifty people, soldiers and civilians. The main fort holds nearly two hundred knights and another fifty or so non-combatants. The Arimatheans are the stronger of the two territories."

"And the other?"

"Those nearest us are a smaller contingent. One defensive location with thirty or so knights and the same number of civilian farmers. They've cleared fifty acres for the growing of food and some pasture-land. The fort is basically a stockade built of massive oak trunks."

"They have a military affiliation?"

"A mixture of Templars and knights whose ancestors were landless nobility. They fight under the banner of the Wolf."

Balthus nodded. "Sounds like a celtic outpost. Good, solid people, if a bit backward." He thought back to the time after the Imperial Wars when devastation was the rule rather than the exception. Villages and towns completely burned, fields salted, many farmers and villagers found dead in ditches or crucified. The retreating Hordes of Queen Sybele had been held back from total victory, but the price of the resistance was too horrid to contemplate.

Vanna asked, "Lord Balthus, what are your wishes? Do we reach out to these people, or should we hold off for a while and gather more info about them?"

Balthus looked at her and said, "Knowledge is a two-edged sword, commander. It brings enlightenment and opportunity, but also problems. What I don't want is a restoration of a culture that was so self-focussed, so centered on themselves that they forgot where they came from."

Ichthus said, "Yes, but wasn't the Empire so immersed in hi-tek that they lost their awareness of work and initiative?"

"Yes, that was part of it. Arrogance, I would say, was at the rotten heart of their downfall. They became circumspect and saw that they were all-sufficient, all proficient, all-consuming unto themselves. They lost the will to wonder."

Balthus saw that the commanders did not understand, but that was understandable. They had not been there. How could they know what he knew?

"Very well, here's what we do. Scout out both locations for another fortnight and then I will send out an emissary to them. While I am not keen on recreating the past, we must reach out and begin to rebuild some sort of alliance with them. The three of the settlements together will be bigger and better than either of them alone. What little we each have will make each of us stronger."

Tarlag
Diplomat

Postby Tarlag » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:43 pm

COVENTRY TOWN, ICELAND

Tom Cook was a data thief and a damn good one, so He thought. That was until He got caught data mining a Edinburgh government sever farm and was exiled to this God forsaken place. Given a small food replicater and a few hand tools He was dumped off a few Km. down a pebble strewn beach from the main town of Iceland. He looked to the east and saw a large grouping of stone buildings clustered around a small bay with steam coming off of it. Tom set off for the buildings with out much hope, for He had been raised on the stories of the hardships of this place and what it meant to be sent here.

Tom noticed a small point of land after a few minutes of travel and the man fishing off that small outcropping of sand and pebbles. The man seeing Tom's approach pulled in His net and waved Tom over. Yelling in a clearly eastern Empire accent the man said. "Another Chummer I see. Welcome Friend, Welcome."

Tom was a bit taken back by the man's greeting but despite His fear of the place Tom placed His pack and tools down and approached the man. "Hi, I guess." Tom said as He got closer. "I am Tom Cook and I just was dropped off by the Proctors."

"Hans Ricktor My Dad got sent here for murder about thirty years ago. Mom was a grafter. Took the Crown for 30,000 credits or so she says. A new Chummer is always welcome here. Let me gather my nets and fish and I will take you into town. Deacon Fry will be wanting to speak with you."

Tom watched Hans gather up His gear and catch and start walking to the town. Tom picked up His pack and tools and followed. Tom asked. "There is more here then I was told. I expected a few crude mud huts and the like not a town, what gives?"

"Mom always said the truth was not in the Empire's best interest. I have heard the stories from Chummers like yourself. That here it is a race between freezing and starving to death with madness a close third. No women and nothing but man on man rape to pass the time. Mom says it keeps most people on the straight and narrow." Hans gave a slight laugh then continued. "Life is hard here no doubt but not all that bad. Few go hungry and only the foolish or the insane freeze. If you are willing to work and cause no trouble then things seem to work out for most."

Tom looked to Hans. "And for those who don't work out?"

Hans stopped and looked into Tom's eyes. "You leave with the clothes on your back and nothing else. The cold will have you for the day is out, except for summer. In summer I wager you starve to death before the weather gets you. If you mind the Deacon things will go fine. You will have a warm bed and a hot supper tonight and every night."

"Who is this Deacon you keep talking about? The Mayor or something?"

"Mayor, Pastor, Judge all rolled into one. Most people here think that His great grandfather was one of the first to be sent here. Thrown on the beach with winter clothes and a months supply for food. Left to rot on the ice or so they say. Deacon Fry keeps things going, settles disputes and divides the work and the rewards as needed. Do your fair share and you got no worries Chummer. Don't and well lets not think about that. Come we better not keep the Deacon waiting."

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:36 am

..Cyprus Dome, Eastern Empire..

Max and Alaric sat at the table in the garden, stupified. Reports had been pouring in from the various fronts, some positive, some not so good. The Wall was in shambles in three secitons; but the Imperial resistance was formidible. The Horde of Queen Sybele had been halted on the western side of the Wall, but they had dug in and were now being reinforced by the Chinois-Punjabi-Persian legions of the revived Ninevan-Babylonian territories. They had penetrated to the very shores of the Tigris River, occupying the entirety of the land from the Arabah to the southern borders of the Sarmatian lands. It was the sorcerous crossing of the Rivers that had put a serious dent in the defenses of the Imperium.

"What the fuck are we fighting? It seems no matter what we throw against the armies of Sybele, we can do no better then to halt them. We need to push them back."

Alaric nodded. "We are kept from victory by the control of AI units by Sybele and her lieutenants. Convential weapons are effective, but the AI units are either conscripted or rendered ineffective. We lose about 22% of our effective assault and defensive forces."

"So, do we resort to magick?"

"Max, there is no such thing as magick. Not as it is portrayed. Eye of newt and wing of bat has nothing to do with magick. The infernal sorcerors and witches of the Queen are very adept in the conjuring and covenanting of the world of demons. The demons were created just after the creation of the Ancestors. Which, as far as we can ascertain, were created during the first seven days of Creation. Demons are nothing more than denizens of the second heaven who reside between our world and that of the Creator. And are therefore physical representations of the Enemy."

"So we can kill them?"

"Yes and no." Alaric tapped on a map of the three heavens.

"It seems that when the enemy, in whatever form, manifests itself, it is within our ability to destroy them. They are as much flesh and blood and are we. The trick is to make them stay in their physical appearence as long as possible."

A strong rumbling shook the dome. The Emperors could see off in the distance, in the Greque Isles, a mushroom cloud of major size. "That is the Athens area, Max. A half-finished dome of safety. Sybele has mananged to somehow penetrate to our sphere."

"And so where are our Immortals? Aren't they capable of protection?" Max was sweating, fatigue obvious on his face.

"Our Immortals are few and far between, brother. They are not demi-gods or Ancestors. We can resist, but we are doomed to retreat, inch by inch, befor the onslaught of Sybels's forces. And let me add that Judea is about to fall. The vhammpyrian legions are wiping out the approaches to Jerusalem. It seems that a final stand is being prepared in the Gomorran wilderness."

"Will it be enough?"

"We'll know in five days....."
Last edited by The Isles of Xeraph on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Isles of Xeraph
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Interlude, 4196 AD...Remembrance

Postby The Isles of Xeraph » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:45 am

Balthus de Veurey had known
that whatever title he gave to himself was of little import. "It is of the utmost importance that we do away with levels of authority. We have so many fronts on which that we fought on, that we needed competant commanders to halt the advance of the Horde. After all, the Horde was nothing more than flesh and blood adversaries. They
be cut to pieces and die. Like any other force."

"This can be our main force. The AI are rendered insufficient. Bu the conventional will win the day. >We have nothing tolose and ebevrything to gain."

The Emperors had agreed
Last edited by The Isles of Xeraph on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Satananya
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Satananya » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:53 pm

..Satananya..

General Ginzz, third in command of the Vhammpyrian warriors, stood in the courtyard of the Imperial chateau of St. Laurence de Valence watching the sixteen prisoners his soldiers had captured. He had them bound to posts in the courtyard, and the stench of piss and shit permeated. The captives were afraid to the point of abandonment.

The prisoners, who were part of the royal embassy as well as a couple of functionaries and guards, were attached to the oaken posts by way of wires that cut into their wrists. Blood seeped onto the wood of the posts, the sweat of the prisoners palpable in the approaching dusk.

"So, the brave defenders of the Empire are all but eliminated. You were brave enough, or perhaps foolish enough, to stay and resist. And for your efforts, you will die." He strolled over to the the first of the prisoners and fingered the barbed wire that held him to the post.

"I am not by nature a cruel soldier, but I have 44 warriors who are hungry. They've not eaten for two weeks. So, if you want to live, you need to tell me something of importance concerning your troop movement."

One prisoner, beaten bloody by the warriors, eyes puffed and bleeding from several wounds, replied, "You'll get nothing from me, you fucking animal! You are nothing but a pile of pig shit spewed out of the animals' ass!"

The general paused, gazing at the man curiously. Then, making a slight gesture, he stood back as a were-cat approached the man, sniffing curiously.

The animal stood five feet tall at the shoulder, greyish-brown-black hide stinking of blood and entrails. It's two sabre-like canines dripped saliva, perhaps in anticipation of another meal. Almost casually, it placed a paw on the chest of the man, talons digging in slightly. As the man gave into abject fright, the cat bit into the man's abdomen, his entrails falling onto his feet, coiled, stinking, bloody. As the man screamed his life out, the were-cat casually gnawed on his stomach and spine, blood and innards spilling onto the stone floor.

The man screamed himself into unconsciousness, and the were-cat sniffed at the bound woman on the post next in line. At a word, the cat sat quietly as the general stood eye-to-eye with the woman.

"If you want to live to see your grandchildren, I'd suggest you talk to me." He fondled her body head to toe, finishing with stripping her clothes from her body. From the mewing sounds of the were-cat, it was obvious that the animal was getting excited by the smell of fear and woman-scent.

"This animal will split you in two, excited as it is. Then, it will consume what it has penetrated." The general paused. "So.....where are your spec-ops troops?"

The woman grimaced, then said, "Up your ass, barbarian! We will win. We will defeat your whore of a Queen and her Immortal slaves! You can kill me, but you will not win the Empire!"

The were-cat hesitated, looking at the general, then almost caually bit the woman in the neck, twisting back and forth. In a few seconds, the cat was sucking the brains out of the severed skull of the woman.

General Ginnz sighed. "Alright, I have fourteen more captives. Who's next?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents