NATION

PASSWORD

War for the Reach (Aurelius Members Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:55 pm

*KIng Matrix is practicing in the court yard of the castle, he cuts a practice dummy in half with a dwarven great-axe.*

"This Axe is the greatest weapon I ever seen, you guard get over here and spar with me."

*The guard agrees and take up a sword and shield and stands on the other side of the yard in a battle stance. Matrix charges the guard smashing into his shield and knocking him to the ground. before the guard can react Matrix smashes his axe into the ground next to the guards head.*

"You need some more training, in a serious fight like that you would have died quick."

*Matrix help the guard up and lets him resume his post and turns around to collect his things but sees Aquinto rushing toward him.*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:40 pm

"King Matrix, we have found them. My scouts have found them in the the hills northwest of Karthwasten in a fort called Harmugstahl Keep. They number 23,000 strong, but lucky for us there are no more on the way to the keep. My scouts also uncovered that the king of Solitude has agreed to supply the Reachmen. They came across a supply train guarded by Reachmen and attacked it. They searched the bodies only to find a sealed message saying that they would supply them if they did not raid Haafingar. We should call the war council and discus a plan of attack."

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:31 am

*Matrix sheathes his greataxe and grabs a tankard of water.*

"This is out standing news"

*Matrix downs his tankard of water*

"Have everyone meet in the war room in one hour, I would like to keep training just a little longer."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 am

“Yes, my king. We will be waiting for you.”

*Aquinto nods his head and goes to form the war council*

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:27 am

*King Matrix walks down the hall to the war room stopping out in the hall first to have a conversation with in of the guards to see how the troops and the people are doing.*

"Well you all know why I called you here the forsworn need to be stop before they can grow any further. we may be out numbered but if we allow them to move they will just keep growing in size so I have come up with a plan on how to stop then remember I am always open to suggestions. but i was thinking about a sneak attack coming down though the mountains under the cover of night"

*Matrix looks around the room waiting for anyone to speak.*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:12 pm

*Legate Severo raises his eyebrow and takes a step closer to the table to speak*

"I do not think that is tactically smart on our part. Attacking at night in general is a bad idea. It renders the archers and cavalry virtually useless. The cavalry even more so do to the abysmal rocky terrain in this Kingdom."

"Not to mention how hard it is to tell friend from foe. I must admit the advantage would fall to us if we had smaller numbers, but an army our size can not march on their camp without them knowing. It is wishful thinking at best."

*Aquinto looks at the map, studying it down to every detail he can. He thinks hard on a good course of action. His finger smacks down on the map.*

"I say we move our army here, to Karthwasten. From there we can scout out the area around it and choose a battlefield that will benefit us. A move like this will be unexpected and will shock them, forcing them to move hastily. Hopefully they will be arrogant and think that their numbers will win the day. If we find the right battlefield and set up strategically, we will win the day." He pauses for a brief second. "We could use the kings idea of attacking them in the night to harass and force them to fight us."

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:11 am

*Matrix opens a bottle of mead and looks back to Aquinto*

"That plan does sound better and I can lead a small force out to get the attention of the general and force him to chase me back to a proper battlefield, then bring a barrage of fire arrows down upon them."

*Matrix looks over the Legate Severo and General Aquinto*

"Would you two like any wine I feel like we will be in here for a while."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:43 pm

“If you were to attack them at dawn just as the light begins to show and they begin to wake, you and your men would fall upon them like the sea crashing onto the rocks of the shore. First, take a few thousand men and some archers. Position your archers on a rocky ridge in range of the camp under the cover of darkness and as soon as it is light enough to see the enemy camp, open with a barrage of arrows, causing panic and confusion among the wakening Reachmen. Second, quickly storm the outskirts of the camp. They will think we are attacking them with our full army. Your forces will kill a great many of them, but they will regroup and they will over whelm you. Before this can happen, slowly make your way back to our position on the battlefield of our choosing before they can launch a counterattack. They will think you are retreating and pursue your forces. Make sure you are just far enough in front of them so that they are unable to fully engage you."

*Aquinto stops and looks at King Matrix for any input he may have*

"Any thoughts, my lord?"

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:01 am

"No that plan sounds perfect,I will have to bring help though if we are going to be sneaking around and causing panic"

*Matrix looks over to Delven*

"Delven go and retrieve my daughter and have her bring Asbjorn."

*Delven now smiling salutes and leavens the room.*
Last edited by The Land of Matrix on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 pm

*Aquinto raises his eyebrow as he shifts his attention to the king*

"Your daughter? I mean no disrespect, but are you taking your daughter into battle with you. That is highly... hm, what's the word? Irregular."

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:56 pm

"None taken General, it would seem unnatural to an outsider to our culture, but it is natural for women to fight actually they would be called shield maidens. my wife, eldest daughter and youngest daughter are all training to become strong warriors."

*At that moment Delven walks in the room followed by a tall blonde hair slender girl.*

"Men this is my daughter Sigrid and this is her friend Asbjorn"

*Matrix points to the door and a giant cave bear walks through the door and stand next to her.*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:48 pm

*Legate Draelius and Legate Severo take a step backwards with their hands on the hilts of their swords. They are a bit taken back by the bear that was brought into the room. Aquinto to takes a step backwards, but is a bit more calm than his two legates.*

"That is quite the friend you have there, Sigrid." Aquinto says with a smile. "I see you are going to take 'causing panic' to a new height."

"What is next? Are you going to tell us she is going to ride it into battle?" Draelius says with a laugh.

"That would surely make my day!" Severo replies to Draelius' comment
Last edited by Velucana on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:00 am

*Sigrid smiles and jumps on Asbjorn and draws her sword.*

"Now how would you react to an armored women on the back of a giant cave bear."

*Sigrid sheathes her sword and looks over to her father*

"Father why haven't we attacked yet, i wish for a chance to fight the men who imprisoned you and mother"

"We are coming up with a plan of attack right now, that is also the reason I summoned you here. Now general if you would like to fill my daughter in on the details I must leave the room for a moment."
Last edited by The Land of Matrix on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 pm

*Severo and Draelius stop laughing at the sight of the girl on the bear. Aquinto looks up at Sirgrid with a straight face.*

"First thing is first then... Get off the bear. Second, war is not a game, child. We have not attacked because we have been planning a correct way to approach the situation at hand. We are outnumbered and in hostile territory. Thirdly, we are moving to Karthwasten. Your father has picked you to join him in a mission. You are to attack the Reachmen in their camp in the early hours of the morning, catching them off guard."

" Sir, If I may. She has been a slave all her life which begs the question, does she even know how to fight? Assuming if she can do that, can can she even lead?" Severo says with skepticism.

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm

"She will not be leading anyone just gaining experience."

*Matrix enters the room with Generals Delven and Olaf.*

"I will be leading the raiding party and she will be helping and observing me."

"Now General Aquinto, I know that my daughter can be a bit childish but showing disrespect to her is showing disrespect to the whole kingdom of Markarth. I only instructed you to tell her about the plan nothing else."

*Matrix looks over to Sigrid.*

*You are dismissed.*

*Sigrid and Asbjorn leave the room accompanied by Olaf.*

"I'm sorry General I got a little out if hand i just love my family so much that I let my emotions get the best of me, I hope nothing I said will harm this allaince or make you my enemy"
Last edited by The Land of Matrix on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:36 pm

"There is no need to worry about anything like that, my lord. I meant no disrespect when I was speaking to your daughter. I was only trying to make sure that she knows that this is a war and not a game. If she wants to be a warrior then she must be able to take what is said and move on. As for what the legate had to say, he has a good point that he was concerned about. She is inexperienced and would not be suited to lead on the battlefield, especially with this sort of mission. There is an old legend that the legion tells about a young Bosmer prince who was inexperienced and lead a foolish charge into an enemy army getting many killed and injured, including his friends. Severo does not want this to happen nor do I."

*Aquinto then looks at the map once more and then back at King Matrix.

"Shall we ready the troop and leave for Karthwasten?"
Last edited by Velucana on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:00 pm

"Yes get the troops ready and well head out immediately*Matrix walks to the door* by the way general if I should fall I would like that the city of Markarth be placed under your jurisdiction if that is alright."

*Matrix continues to leave the room, the sun slowly setting in the back. you can hear Matrix's voice boom from down the hall.*

"The battle for this fine land is about to begin."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:22 pm

*The clatter of arms and clanking of armor echos through the mountainous highlands of the Reach. After two days of marching, the army makes its way to the gates of Karthwasten. The people look sickly and hungry from the lack of food. Reports suggest that this is due to the raids on the local farms by the Reachmen.*

"Savages. They would steal from their own people to fuel their army. Legate Draelius, see to it that these people get some food from our supplies at once." Aquintio commands

"Yes sir, right away."

*Aquinto turns to his left to look at King Matrix and his daughter.*

"This is what war can lead to, my lord. Luckily it is not the worst it can get. This could be a lot worse."

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:04 pm

"This why we need to kill them all, so no more people need to suffer."

*Matrix looks over to his daughter*

"Sigrid if the fighting gets too over whelming during the raid please promise me that you will run."

"Yes father I promise but what if you fall during the fight what will happen to the city or Mom."

You ,your Mother, and the people will be under the protection of the Empire they are the most trust worthy Nation out there."

*Matrix looks over to Aquinto*

[i"]"General we should stop for a while and scout ahead before we move to the battlefield."[/i]
Last edited by The Land of Matrix on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:36 pm

"That is precisely what we shall do. I will send my scouts immediately to scout out the area. The rest of men are tired, though. If they are to fight well tomorrow and be victorious, they will need to be well fed and rested. We shall serve dinner earlier than usual so that they may rest and get to sleep."

"Shall we have a pre-battle feast tonight, general?" Legate Severo asks. "Since it is a our legion's tradition to do so."

"I do not see why not, legate. All of the commanders of the my legions and your army are more than welcome as well. We should lift our spirits before the battle. Shall we head to the longhouse and set up?"
Last edited by Velucana on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:02 pm

"Yes that sounds like a great idea, Sigrid stay outside on watch."

*Sidrid nods and walks toward a stump as Asbjorn follows.*

"Now general shall sit and drink our hearts away?."

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:54 pm

*The feast has begun and the commanders of both armies sit and eat. The food is not extravagant, but that goes not stop them from chowing down. They all talk and laugh as they tells jokes and stories. The fire from the large pit in the center roars and warms them up from the cold mountain climate. Aquinto sits to the right of King Matrix with his general to his left. A servant girl walks up to the king with a jug full of mead and pours him a tankard handing it to the King before disappearing.*

"My King, you should give a speech." Aquinto leans in and whispers. "Reassure then of a great victory and they shall lead their men with passion and valor."

*Aquinto takes a sip of wine before turning to his right to speak with Draelius*
Last edited by Velucana on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Land of Matrix
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Matrix » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:01 pm

*Matrix Stands up and hits a spoon off his tankard a few times.*

"Men tomorrow is a battle which we have been waiting to fight for a long time, Now I hate giving speeches but I will try my best to inspire you to night. “I am amongst you at this time, not as for my recreation or sport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down for my kingdom, and for my people, my honor and my blood, now shall you join me on the battlefield not only in person but in spirit to fight a enemy that not only put our forbears in chains but put in chains, *Matrix gets up on the table NOW IF YOU WANT FORSWORN BLOOD STAND UP AND SCREAM A WAR CRY LIKE NO OTHER .”

*The men all rise and start cheering and screaming with the king except Aquinto and his two legates who seem confused, Matrix downs his drink then he and men sit down and return to telling stories *

"I never gave the men a speech it felt kind of good, what about you general have yo...*Matrix starts to puke up blood and falls to the ground holding his stomach.*

Velucana
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Velucana » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:37 pm

General Aquinto kicks his chair back and stands up along with Severo and Draelius. The comotion is quickly noticed and soon everyone is standing and in shock. Screams erupt from from Matrix's commanders as the imperials look on in horror. Aquinto turns Matrix on his side quickly*

"Quickly, someone call for my physician now!"

*Many huddle around their king as he vomits up pools of blood. His daughter Sigrid starts to scream upon seeing her father writhing on the floor. She tries to run up to him, but is pulled away by her fathers men.*

"The Reachmen did this!"

"They poisoned our King!"

"Those savage bastards!"

*Aquinto's personal physician hurriedly rushes in to asses the situation*

"Help he lift him up on to the table. Hurry!" he exclaims

*They lift the convulsing king up onto the table. His breathing has stopped and his eyes are purple, yellow, and bloodshot. Foam forming at the mouth as he gasps for air. Suddenly, he stops moving and his body goes limp.The physician looks up over at Aquinto*

"He's dead..."

"Noooooooooo!!" Sigrid screams out as tears stream down her beet face. She struggles as the guards hold her back, but she breaks free and runs to her father, collapsing down on his as she sobs hard.

*With the short lived King dead, the Reach is given to the Empire to be protected and looked after by the Emperor. The war will be long and hard fought, but with the new soldiers under the empires command they will be integrated into the legion if they so wish and be sent to other legions around the empire after the war if they so wish.*
Last edited by Velucana on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents