NATION

PASSWORD

To Whom You Bow [OOC, FT/FanT/PT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Creataris
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Creataris » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Achesia wrote:
Creataris wrote:It's interesting, Kirillians put enormous importance on eyes and as such their eyes are brilliant. They've probably seen the kings true feelings in his facial movements for some time but to keep up the illusion they wouldn't just remove him outright.

I like the thought that they would engineer a coup using a more loyal individual, it would likely be done through the use of a Class 5 slave of a species known to them as a servant of their "gods". Why do this? Simple. These servants will likely be seen from time to time on the planet anyway, typically near temples, castles and prisons. As such they are well known and if the coup stops being needed (kings keels over on his own or more important concerns crop up) or if it fails or if those involved are no longer useful then they can throw a failed war against the "gods" in the faith they've built up.

Perhpas this "coup" is forcing the King to marry his only child and daughter to thrash's character and making him the defacto ruler?

I did have the thought of them forcing the King to have his daughter marry but not whom, it's a good idea though. We shall see how it pans out.
Knowledge is power guard it well.
How would you destroy a man? Give him power.
National Anthem

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:51 pm

Creataris wrote:
Achesia wrote:
Perhpas this "coup" is forcing the King to marry his only child and daughter to thrash's character and making him the defacto ruler?

I did have the thought of them forcing the King to have his daughter marry but not whom, it's a good idea though. We shall see how it pans out.

cool but ya'll are ok with that being you and Thrash's inital posts? ill let yall be creative.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:25 am

Achesia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Oh. I've been making a character.

I apologize, I should have made it more clear I was just looking for 1-2 people. Maybe in the future we can do something, again really sorry.

maybe do two rps in tandem? I've got about 3 pages on this character.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:25 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Achesia wrote:
I apologize, I should have made it more clear I was just looking for 1-2 people. Maybe in the future we can do something, again really sorry.

maybe do two rps in tandem? I've got about 3 pages on this character.

Sorry I dont really have time to do the two in tandem :/

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:29 am

Achesia wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:maybe do two rps in tandem? I've got about 3 pages on this character.

Sorry I dont really have time to do the two in tandem :/

Or have a political tug-of-war of two races over the kingdom. I've put a lot of effort into this character and I don't know anything else it can be used for.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:25 am

I don't feel that my character would necessarily be plotting *against* the king, so much as taking advantage of his advanced age and the fact that the king likely relies upon his court a great deal. Relying upon able advisers would be the only way to deal with the stress of the kingdom and the need to fulfill any of the (what I imagine to be) tribute given periodically to the alien overlords.

I imagine that a deputy among the aliens is the one who deals with my character (both serving their respective lords and making a profit off it). My character provides this fellow with a supplementary source of illicit [blue meth] in return for various things (alien medicines, weaponry, gold, gems, etc); this character then sells the [blue meth] at an inflated price off-world to whomever he/she wishes.

For plot development, a character that also serves the king, loyally, is trying to sniff out any plots against the throne whilst also trying to gain the king's favor. This do-gooder and my duke butt heads often enough, but the other guy can never nail down evidence against my duke. The king also isn't sure he believes it, knowing the good work that my duke has done for him, and the duke's father before him.

Instead of a coup being the objective from the outset, I'd much rather think that it should be more organic and an accident. My duke is forced by circumstances to finally show his true hand and let the chips fall as they may.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Creataris
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Creataris » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 am

Thrashia wrote:I don't feel that my character would necessarily be plotting *against* the king, so much as taking advantage of his advanced age and the fact that the king likely relies upon his court a great deal. Relying upon able advisers would be the only way to deal with the stress of the kingdom and the need to fulfill any of the (what I imagine to be) tribute given periodically to the alien overlords.

I imagine that a deputy among the aliens is the one who deals with my character (both serving their respective lords and making a profit off it). My character provides this fellow with a supplementary source of illicit [blue meth] in return for various things (alien medicines, weaponry, gold, gems, etc); this character then sells the [blue meth] at an inflated price off-world to whomever he/she wishes.

For plot development, a character that also serves the king, loyally, is trying to sniff out any plots against the throne whilst also trying to gain the king's favor. This do-gooder and my duke butt heads often enough, but the other guy can never nail down evidence against my duke. The king also isn't sure he believes it, knowing the good work that my duke has done for him, and the duke's father before him.

Instead of a coup being the objective from the outset, I'd much rather think that it should be more organic and an accident. My duke is forced by circumstances to finally show his true hand and let the chips fall as they may.

I'd suppose a minor functionary, likely a Second Ring 6th Order administrator, would be popping in and out monitoring the crops (both human and plant). Officially he'd be there as a minor deity helping the crops grow but his real purposes are evaluation and some double dealing. Weaponry would be off the table since outside the Third Ring weapons are restricted only to certain professions but he can give out precious metals/stones and medicine easily.

Was actually thinking of making this drug act as a sort of natural anti-agapic for Kirillians and a few other species (who pay several arms and legs to obtain it), makes a nice little story reason for his indiscretions. You mentioned "tribute" to the aliens, my idea was that most things would be left in certain areas as "offerings to the gods" which would be teleported up with great theatricality, slaves would be picked during a week long celebration for which the aliens would be present examining and looking over their soon to be minions.
National Anthem

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Creataris wrote:
Thrashia wrote:I don't feel that my character would necessarily be plotting *against* the king, so much as taking advantage of his advanced age and the fact that the king likely relies upon his court a great deal. Relying upon able advisers would be the only way to deal with the stress of the kingdom and the need to fulfill any of the (what I imagine to be) tribute given periodically to the alien overlords.

I'd suppose a minor functionary, likely a Second Ring 6th Order administrator, would be popping in and out monitoring the crops (both human and plant). Officially he'd be there as a minor deity helping the crops grow but his real purposes are evaluation and some double dealing. Weaponry would be off the table since outside the Third Ring weapons are restricted only to certain professions but he can give out precious metals/stones and medicine easily.

Was actually thinking of making this drug act as a sort of natural anti-agapic for Kirillians and a few other species (who pay several arms and legs to obtain it), makes a nice little story reason for his indiscretions. You mentioned "tribute" to the aliens, my idea was that most things would be left in certain areas as "offerings to the gods" which would be teleported up with great theatricality, slaves would be picked during a week long celebration for which the aliens would be present examining and looking over their soon to be minions.

I dont really want the xenos giving technology to the humans, the idea is that their advanced nature is still super aw inspiring to the humans on the planet. So I would like the xenos to play their technology cards close to their chest.

I would like some sort of conflict to arise, be it small or not between perhaps the Duke's men and the King's. This would not be till the climax but Id like that to be part of the buildup.

Further the princess is a big part of this plot and Id like to see the Duke schemeing somehow to either have her marry him, or kidnap her. My secret prince is going to be working to try and save the damsel in distress.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:04 pm

Would it be far fetched to say Crea that a rebellious village would have been wiped off the earth by the xenos? Working on the OP.

Creataris
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Creataris » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:35 pm

Achesia wrote:Would it be far fetched to say Crea that a rebellious village would have been wiped off the earth by the xenos? Working on the OP.

Not at all. It would be likely that they have had an Internal Forces vessel in orbit fire a fusion beam at low power and dress it up with holograms to show lightening or just having left it looking like a golden pillar of light bathing a village of heathens in holy fire.
National Anthem

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:42 am

Creataris wrote:
Achesia wrote:Would it be far fetched to say Crea that a rebellious village would have been wiped off the earth by the xenos? Working on the OP.

Not at all. It would be likely that they have had an Internal Forces vessel in orbit fire a fusion beam at low power and dress it up with holograms to show lightening or just having left it looking like a golden pillar of light bathing a village of heathens in holy fire.

Sweet, that shall play into the op.

Btw later ill post an outline for the main plot points id liek to hit in this rp.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Will have the Op up today or tomorrow. sorry for the delay.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:15 pm

IC Thread is up gents. So ya'll will start with the deal between the xenos asnd the conspiring dude?

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:26 pm

When do yall think youll have your posts edited?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents