NATION

PASSWORD

Slave Rescue RP Interest Thread CLOSED[FT, OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Slave Rescue RP Interest Thread CLOSED[FT, OOC]

Postby Achesia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:20 am

Hey All,

I want to do an FT RP with the premise of a few hundred of my (Achesian Intercosmic Bastion) citizens have been kidnapped (in various ways) and are now on their way to being sold into slavery. Essentially a small Achesian taskforce wouls be following to try and rescue/learn who is buying the slaves. I would like this RP to be casual in nature (not 3,000 word posts, but who is counting, I wont stop you) and fun. Here are a few roles I would like to see players take on in this RP:

-The purchasing state/organization
    -The state in which the purchase is going down
    -The slave ship taking the Achesian slaves
    -Perhaps a max of 1 other intervening power or police organization
    -Organized crime associated with this purchase of slaves?

Not all of these roles do I intend to fill as I don't want the RP to be too crowded. However I do want a creative spin on what minimalistic detail I have given.

Here are a few rules for this RP:

-All interested must show RP examples
    -Participants must be active and if they are not yeild the control of their portion of the RP to me (the OP) so I can progress he story.
    -Everyone must collaborate to making a smooth flowing story and avoid godmodding/conflict arguments.
    -Be respectful of eachother.
    -I reserve he right the boop you on the snoot if I feel you are getting a bit off topic or out of control.
Last edited by Achesia on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:19 pm

I've been wanting to do something similar to this in the Consortium for a while, but I reckon this would be better with another person involved. I reckon I could fill all of the roles that you've listed anyway, since the idea I have is pretty detailed.

The idea is that a small system just outside my nations influence used to be employed as mining and production colonies, however a company based in another system was doing the same thing for much cheaper. Since they're out of work, they move towards smuggling drugs, weapons, and people and exotic goods; counterfeiting digital currencies and hard currencies and ID papers, all while under the guise of the mining colonies they represent. Since there's a temple belonging to one of my religions major figures on one of the main planets, the military contingent that is there to protect it (while it gets excavated) usually turns a blind eye to their criminal ways, but is under heavy heat after they want to sell some of the relics found at the temple to outside collectors. The military take some slaves in order to sell to a shady buyer for more advanced weaponry to protect themselves (since they're out of the Imperial zone, they don't really have any extra funding or help from the government).

We could probably split the load by having me based in another players system, or by having another player be the shady company if you'd like.

Example 1 - Sun and Steel.
Example 2 - The Kalos Campaign.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Dimoniquid wrote:I've been wanting to do something similar to this in the Consortium for a while, but I reckon this would be better with another person involved. I reckon I could fill all of the roles that you've listed anyway, since the idea I have is pretty detailed.

The idea is that a small system just outside my nations influence used to be employed as mining and production colonies, however a company based in another system was doing the same thing for much cheaper. Since they're out of work, they move towards smuggling drugs, weapons, and people and exotic goods; counterfeiting digital currencies and hard currencies and ID papers, all while under the guise of the mining colonies they represent. Since there's a temple belonging to one of my religions major figures on one of the main planets, the military contingent that is there to protect it (while it gets excavated) usually turns a blind eye to their criminal ways, but is under heavy heat after they want to sell some of the relics found at the temple to outside collectors. The military take some slaves in order to sell to a shady buyer for more advanced weaponry to protect themselves (since they're out of the Imperial zone, they don't really have any extra funding or help from the government).

We could probably split the load by having me based in another players system, or by having another player be the shady company if you'd like.

Example 1 - Sun and Steel.
Example 2 - The Kalos Campaign.

All good ideas, alas someone who wanted to do this idea with me previously as promised they will post. So If that does not happen I will contact you and let you know and we can perhaps fo this. Apologies for the tease. HOWEVER, I will be posting an RP idea later on thats of a different sort (still FT) so Ill link it here.

Return to International Incidents