NATION

PASSWORD

Fracturing Ties (IC/Sunalaya Only[Reboot])

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Fracturing Ties (IC/Sunalaya Only[Reboot])

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:29 pm

OOC

Vragi, Renedge
Capitol Building
0830, Day Zero

General Rochus Stroman stepped out of his CC-888-3598 ADTV behind his personal guards and walked towards the podium that was set up for him. Only a few steps away, and surrounded on all sides by his guards, he stopped to the sudden feeling of a warm liquid on the right side of his face. Even before he had heard the shot, his men drew their weapons and formed a tight circle around him, pushing him back to his vehicle which had now driven over the police barricades to be of easier access. Once inside of the vehicle, he was taken swiftly to a waiting helicopter.

Site 3-72 Alpha, Renedge
1100, Day Two

Sergeant Mortensen awoke to an electric jolt. As his eyes shot open in response to the pain, he attempted to take in his surroundings only to be met with yet another painful shock. After this one he only looked forward to the face before him.

"Do I have your attention Sergeant Mortensen?"

"Rune Frans Morten..." Only a portion of the way through his last name he was met by yet another shock.

"I asked you a question Sergeant. Answer it."

"Rune Frans..." Once again being cut off by an electric shock, it was becoming ever apparent that failure to comply, in any way, would be a painful experience.

"Why did you attempt to kill General Stroman?"

"Rune Frans..." Rather than electrocution this time, the Sergeant was interrupted by his interrogator.

"While I respect your loyalty, Sergeant, if you continue to refuse to answer my questions, there will be nothing I can do for you."

No time was given for a response before he was once again electrocuted.

"Why did you attempt to kill General Stroman?"

“Rune Frans Mort...”

This time, rather than the shock he was becoming accustomed to, the man before him offered a quick jab to his throat. Even as Mortensen coughed the questioning continued.

“Was this attempt sanctioned?”

“Rune Frans Mortensen, serial number...”

Site 8-92 Tango, Senns,
1310, Day Two

It seemed that the facility was active since the first terror attack on Losr. And with the enactment of the Beorhtsige Plan came an increase in personnel. Senns had always been one of the least militarized of the communities with only nineteen operational bases, thirteen of which were emergency stockpiles. Senns was also known to have the fewest nuclear devices within its borders and a rather small population in comparison to the other communities. However, their war machine was not a weak one, as could be expected from each community.

Being one of the first to do so, the government controlling both Senns and Losr began drafting for their military out of fear of the agendas of Towns and Renedge. This action, however wise it may have been, would still do nothing to prevent the attack that came only a few days after the draft...

At almost exactly 1310 hours, a mushroom cloud arose from where Site 8-92 Tango once stood. The twenty megaton device detonated a roughly two hundred feet, further demolished the small city the base was a half mile from and shattered windows nearly twenty eight miles away.

Being the first nuclear weapon used in this new war, it would not be the last.

Mortensen Residence, Sigeberht, Senns
1240, Day One

Misses Mortensen was sitting at her dining room when she heard a loud knock on the front door. Setting down her coffee, she stood and went to the door. Looking through the window, she saw five Local Law Enforcement officers and immediately opened the door.

"Are you the wife of Rune Frans Mortensen?"

"I am. Can I help you sir?"

"Ma'am, do you know where your husband is at this time?"

"No sir. I haven't seen him since he left for duty. Is my husband in some sort of trouble?"

"Ma'am, I need you to wait out here with me while my men check your house."

"I already told you, I haven't seen him."

"Ma'am, we are authorized to detain you if you don't cooperate. Step outside right now."

NCC, Fort Lee, Lee
1330, Day Two

Governor Sternberg entered the briefing room with the same distraught expression everyone seemed to have. On the wall opposite to the door was a detailed map of the eight communities, which was their only concern at the moment. The map was essentially covered in blue markers, which represented troop movements of the other communities. The topic of today's discussion, however, was not the troop movements, but rather the single red marker in Senns and the single yellow marker in Renedge.

The red marker on the map represented a very recent nuclear detonation and the yellow marker represented the launch of an ICBM.

With this single attack the fear of all PODan historians was finally realized. It had long been understood that yet another war between the communities was inevitable, but when the communities tested their first nuclear fission device, it became a fear rather than a simple fact. Every community, up until this point, has had access to the same weapons capabilities, capabilities which once made the unified communities an undisputed military power. As a testament to the first strike capabilities of the communities, this single missile penetrated one ofthe most capable defense system known to exist.

To the credit of the W-377 ICBM, it was developed to be nearly impossible to deter. It's onboard flight controls were ruggedized to counter electromagnetic pulses. The fourth stage of the missile was capable of detecting radar locks and responding with chaff deployment. It was even capable of detecting infrared signals as to respond with flares. While these countermeasures were in place to prevent the destruction of the missile on its flight to orbit, the false warhead was designed to separate from the orbital fourth stage, which would carry both the actual payload and countermeasures to the true target.

"Gentlemen, it's happened. The war we've all been expecting has just begun and it's already gone nuclear. It is important to keep in mind that everyone involved in this situation knows everything there is to know about everyone else involved. This could be the bloodiest war Sunalaya has ever seen, and it will only become bloodier the longer it lasts. Others will be drawn into this conflict, it's only a matter of time. Lee has always been the resolver of conflicts between the communities, and it has fallen to us to do so yet again. Let's get to work."
Defensive Condition
Current Def-con level: Def-Con 0
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:47 pm

The Imperial War Room, Royal Palce, Eomeria

Standing at the head of the table once more was surreal for Ymira. Sleep had not cared to grace her last night, as Aria screamed and cried for attention and milk. Still, the empress was dressed immaculately in a blue woman's suit. She had taken a good deal of time getting ready for this meeting, knowing full well how important it was that she radiated power. Motherhood could not make her look soft or unable to work. The dark circles under her eyes were masked by a thin layer of make-up. Her smile pushed her exhausted air aside. Still, her family's troubles weighted on her. Sierra wanted to see the baby more and Ymira had not only given up her motherhood leave but also had not returned to Rhodevus. To say that their marriage was perfect would be a lie. It wasn't a perfect union, though it was still happy. It was strained, yes, but it was still theirs. They knew that it would be hard and they chose to wed and raise a family with that knowledge. If anything, it was their own fault.

Ymira faced her generals and the prime minister "It is very clear that this conflict is about to go nuclear very fast. The communities are already flinging nuclear weapons. Pretty soon, they will start nuclear holocaust. That is, unless, we stop them." General Arwenia locked eyes with her "And how do you intend to do that?" The answer came swiftly from the empress "With a strongly worded letter. If we-" Like chalk on a chalkboard, a chair was thrust back with a large amount of force. General Stehan jumped to his feet and pointed an accusing finger at the empress " This is a very serious matter. You've been out of such matters for months because of your child. We can't afford having a distracted-" Like thunder Ymira's voice shattered the general's reprimand "Hold your tongue." The general froze in place. Ymira had not spoken above a normal tone, but her voice was laced with venom. She now began to reprimand the general "I am the empress here. Not you general. My child has nothing to do with this meeting. I have lead this nation far longer than I have been gone and far longer than you ever have. I understand the delicacy of this situation perfectly well. Would you like to school me on how to run my own empire?" She gave him no chance to answer "What gall. Sit down. Perhaps you have forgotten your manners and can't remember not to cut off your superiors. And since this is an important meeting, you'd do well to not anger your commanders." With a low but angry "Yes ma'am." the general sat down, red in the face from humiliation and rage. The Prime Minister was agape at her, the empress was generally quiet tolerant.

"Is there anyone else who wishes to interrupt me?" No voice dared to answer Ymira. The blonde woman continued "Good. Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, we must send them a strongly worded statement. If we were to make it clear that we will not tolerate this war of theirs, perhaps we could sway them. After all, our empire has eclipsed them in influence and prestige in the eyes of the world." A general rolled his eyes. Franz Hoelmon narrowed his eyes at that general and nodded at the empress "I agree with that statement. We should at least try to be diplomatic, or attempt to lessen the damage." General Tusken cut in "I doubt the PODians can be anything other than savage killers." Ymira shrugged "Then why sink to their level? Or will we be like the Pantorrum and just blow it up and invade. Let's try to be diplomatic first. Oh, and let's contact our allies in the Commonwealth. I'm sure the queens would like to plan our strategies together."

To: The PODian Communities
Encryption: Top Secret: High

As leaders, your job is to guide your people. Despite what ideologies you might hold dear, are we safe to assume that you all want what is best for your people, in your own ways? We're not going to pretend to know what your people want, but we highly doubt they want nuclear holocaust. Your war is going to cost millions of lives. And if you do not stop using nuclear weapons, your population will be eradicated by all out war between the communities, possibly other nations.

We do not want a nuclear war. That will only make things worse. We believe that the best option is to lay down your arms and to negotiate. Not with us, but with each other. You are a nation that values strength and valor. Where will your strength be when you're nothing but radiation and ash?

If you cannot see past your differences and must resort to war remember this: we will not tolerate the use of nuclear weapons. They are a threat to the lives of our citizens, who we are sworn to protect, just as you are sworn to protect yours. Do not use nuclear weapons, you will only escalate the war. Then we will have to be forced to pick a side and you shall lose your chance at having a nation with your ideals. And the empire has power of its own.

So this is our deal, negotiate with each other or at least use only conventional weapons and we will leave you alone. If you do not do that, we will intervene.

Signed:
Empress Ymira Everen-Abrams
Prime Minister Franz Hoelmon
The Upper Council
The Lower Council
The Board of Military Overseers

To: All Leaders of the Rhodeve Commonwealth

Dear Friends,

With the collapse of POD, I believe it is in our best interest to assist each other in this endeavor. My nation has already offered the PODians a deal, one which I included within this notice. Our nations should be united together should the PODians refuse to stop using nuclear weapons. My nation has not dealt with POD much, but we do know that they value military might greatly. Some insight into the men ruling the communities would be appreciated.

Signed:

Empress Ymira Everen-Abrams
Last edited by Rezua on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:09 pm

OOC: I got lazy near the end. :P

Sierra looked out over the terrace that made up the Palace Garden. The slight chill in the late summer air brought forth a feeling of an early autumn. No leaves in Kingstown had yet changed to the beautiful oranges and yellows, or the abundant red that made the capital a sight to behold in the fall, but it was surely fast approaching. The young Princess Heir leaned against the stone railing and placed her head in her palms, letting the soft wind blow through her loose and long hair. She looked down to the few people who were savouring the final moments of the sun, as it descended over the Kingstown Hills. Many would remain in the garden at least until the Cathedral sounded its bronze bells. Sierra remembered listening to the clang of the bells from this very spot, with Ymira standing behind her, their arms and hands entwined together.

She looked down to a couple sitting together on a bench, both of them facing the setting skies and whispering sweet nothings into each other’s ears. Sierra could not remember if she had ever done that before. It seemed like her relationship and marriage to Ymira never really had a honeymoon phase; aside from their actual honeymoon. They had met in disaster and had lived through disaster. They knew they could count on one another from the first moments, without a need for sweet nothings. Yet sweet nothings were indeed beautiful. Sierra thought of their new baby girl, made from the genes of both of them. Something that would have been impossible only a decade ago. Their sweet little Aria. Their miracle baby with Ymira’s smile and her nose.

Anne cleared her throat politely from behind, perking Sierra’s head. She turned to face Diana’s and now her assistant. “It’s the situation in the Dictatorship, your highness.” Sierra breathed out. Work was never over. She wondered how she was going to be able to do this when Diana passed and she becomes the next queen. She wondered how Diana was able to handle it all to easily alone. Sierra had brought in two more assistants on top of Anne to help Sierra keep things organized and on track until Diana returned from Maternity Leave in the next few months. It was strange how time felt to flow both quickly and slowly. These past six months had gone by so quickly, and yet it was crazy for her to think that she would still reign alone for another six months before Diana was to return.

“What is it Anne.” Sierra said, taking one last look at the orange and purple sky before heading inside the Imperial Palace. “The recently started conflict has gone nuclear. It’s all over the news already.”
“Call a war council meeting in the House of Commons.”
“Already done, your highness. The General Timmel will be communicating via a secure satellite video from his ship.” Anne handed her a small file folder filled with a few sheets of paper. Sierra would open them to read it during the meeting, but she assumed it was all newspaper printouts about the event.
“Thanks Anne. If it’s alright with you, can you bring me a cup of tea? I feel like this meeting will be going on a while.”
Anne shrugged. “It’s not my place to bring tea.” There was a flicker of glee in her eyes. “But Terra or Raia would be happy to.”

Sierra laughed slightly. She understood well why Diana liked her so much. Even as Diana’s assistant, they were close friends and confidantes. It was not uncommon to see both of them together at dinner or at fairs and carnivals. Anne was even the godmother to Bellami, Diana’s son. “Thanks.” Sierra said. Anne veered off to the left, looking for one of the other assistants, while Sierra walked down the main stairs and out of the palace household, into the House of Commons building.

There were already members of importance present, most of whom she knew from previous encounters both on and off the battlefield. Some were unknown to her, most likely new to their positions. As soon as they saw her, they rose to greet her. Some saluted, others just nodded before retaking their seats. She nodded in reply and took her own, sitting where the speaker would instead of her official position higher above. This way, they were all much closer. “No time for formalities, let’s get down to business. Is Nathanial on the line?”

“He will be in a moment.” Said Admiral-General Zaira Timmel, hiding her pink braid of hair underneath her near raven black curls. Just then, the television screen which had been placed in front of the group began to hum to life, first a faded grey image and then a much more crisp and coloured view of the general appeared. “This is General Timmel on board the HMV Iwi Moana. Line is secured on my end.”
“Line secured on our end, fa- general.” Zaira replied.
“Good. The dictatorship’s situation has already gone nuclear. We expected this to be a possible eventuality, but had no idea it would happen so soon, if at all. We assumed that the generals in POD had more control and sense to start a nuclear war.” The High General said.

Sierra opened her file folder, to see just what she expected, news articles from sources worldwide on the crisis. What was underneath the pile was a message from Rezua. “With me is a telegram from the Rezuan Empire. They have apparently sent a letter of caution to the various factions of the dictatorship. The letter I have with me, which I’ll pass around for you to read over.”
“Your tea, your highness. Mint.” Said Terra, who rushed forwards holding a thermos. She placed it in front of the Princess Heir and backed out quickly before Sierra had a chance to thank her.

“There is little room for negotiation with the Dictatorship. Their militaries are powerful and as we have seen, they are not scared to use last-resort weaponry.” Said Admiral James Camden. “We must be able to tell them to use conventional weaponry.”

“We must tell them that the nuclear option is a war crime. They only trade with a few countries. A full trade ban on the dictatorship must be instituted by all its trade partners both in an out. While POD is powerful, without any new resources their war will be forced to slow down. High General, would it be advisable to move ships nearby POD? Or is the situation too volatile?”

“Much too volatile, your highness. We need an international coalition to achieve anything of remote value. And more importantly, we need POD to agree to any semblance of the laws of war. They are known to become too extreme, too hostile and too aggressive all too quickly. It is honestly little wonder that this civil war did not happen sooner.”
“Alright, we will start by sending a message to the dictatorship. We should write messages to Rezua and the other trade partners of POD to institute a global trade ban on POD during the course of the civil war. All in favour?”
“Aye!” Replied everyone.
“Good. Let’s get to work…”

To: The Generals of the Factions of POD

Generals, you have risen to the top ranks in the government that was once the dictatorship POD and have split from amongst each other; your comrades in arms to wage war in support of your faction and state. We do not and cannot support such hostilities without any semblance of diplomacy.

What is even riskier and detrimental is the blatant usage of nuclear arms. Such devices have been considered crimes against humanity for a very long time and with good reason. We urge you to at least respect this one international law and resort to conventional weaponry. Your nuclear arsenals are huge and have the strength to wipe out life on this planet. Please do not allow the winner of your war to lead a country of ash and tinder.

Rhodevus does not tolerate the use of nuclear weaponry and will not support any faction which uses these or other WMDs in this conflict.

To: The Leadership of Rezua

Friends and allies, the situation in the dictatorship is growing more worrisome by the moment. Attached is our message to the Dictatorship POD. While we also cannot stand the use of nuclear weaponry, we do not believe that the factions will be able to, or even want to sit down and talk. Military culture is too engrained in them to think of diplomacy before war. All we can do now is hope they hear our messages and respond.

We will also be in contact with other nations whom are trade partners and allies with POD. It is our hope to institute a global ban on trade with the dictatorship in order to reduce their capacity for war.

Good luck and may we continue to work together in this approaching disaster.

To: Global Trade Partners of POD

Leaders and governments from around Sunalaya. We make up a handful of important nations for this conflict which has come about in the Dictatorship POD. We are the ones whom import and export with the country. Our trade is their sustenance and lifeblood.

In such a massive civil war as this, our lifeblood is all the more important to them. It is the hope of this government that you will join us in a complete trade ban on the Dictatorship for the duration of the civil war. We must stand together to stop our materials and supplies from increasing their capacity to wage war on themselves and our money to fuel their armies.

They have already resorted to the usage of WMDs, the lowest form of warfare. If this ban takes place, we can cripple their ability for a prolonged conflict. This will either starve them out enough to talk, or will force them to talk with us. Let us work together for a better and safer tomorrow.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:42 pm

To: Prime Minister Franz Hoelmon
Encryption Set: NONE

Mister Prime Minister,

While the preamble of the message we have received from your government seemed to show a genuine care concerning the people of the communities, it has failed to mask your underhanded threats towards the communities, and to Renedge in particular. While I do understand it is a leader's duty to protect those under his command, it is firstly his duty to lead his people forward to a better future. It is my first duty to ensure the undying freedom of my people, which is why I must see to it that the communities answer solely to Renedge.

You see, a conventional war with between the communities would cost many more lives than that of a nuclear war. When a community is at war, you cannot stop it with words or bodies; you must remove their very will to fight. We can do this to Senns by destroying one or two cities in proverbial hell-fire, whereas a conventional conflict will only perpetually strengthen the resolves of each community, causing a war that could last for generations rather than one that has ended in days.

I would much rather slaughter a million in an instant than allow the needless deaths of billions over centuries.

I leave you with this to ponder:

Is it truly a war if we show restraint? If we do not commit to fast, precise, and brutal strikes, are we fighting a war? This is no war. This is merely a disagreement within the family. A feud of sorts. One day, perhaps, this infighting will devolve into war. If it does, I promise you, it will end swiftly.

General Stroman, CINC Renedge.

To: Empress Ymira Everen-Abrams and Prime Minister Franz Hoelmon

While we have yet to interfere with the affairs of Renedge and Senns, I fear it is indeed inevitable that Towns will be drawn into this conflict. While your concern is well founded, it would seem that you are warning of taking action when such is avoidable. It may be that taking action will only put your people in greater harm and it may be that greater harm could come to your people if you do not take action. I would advise that you gather information on Stroman's goals before you take either course. Perhaps the wisest decision you could make would be for you to prepare for the worst possible outcome while praying to God that you never see the day you need to use what you have prepared.

While I will not betray a fellow community by revealing sensitive information, I will state the following. General Stroman's use of a single nuclear device is a show of great restraint for such a man. In the history of Sunalaya, only one man has shown greater restraint, and I am pleasantly surprised to see that Senns continues to exist. I am reminded of a saying of Stroman's, one he said on what seemed a daily basis. "There is no sight more glorious and pure than that of the rising glow of a fusion bomb."

General Knochenmus, CINC Towns.

To: Empress Ymira Everen-Abrams and Prime Minister Franz Hoelmon
Encryption Set: 4H

While I may respect you, and even agree with your sentiment concerning this sparking conflict; I would advise that you do not freely give General Stroman what he would wish to accomplish. I would further advise that you, for your own sakes, tone down any future communications with Renedge, as to not give him the proverbial ammunition he would seek.

I find it necessary to remind you of the history of the communities. You must keep in mind that the communities need a challenge to overcome, or they will develop such a challenge. The communities were, before the arrival of the Rhodeve Empire, constantly at war, with these current ideological differences as their same cause. Only when the Rhodeve Empire arrived did they have a common singular goal. It was only a short time after they accomplished this goal that infighting once again began to show itself. When communism began a rather potent forces in the world, that infighting ceased in the face of yet another universal goal. There is no such goal at this current time, which is what both Stroman and Knochenmus hope to achieve; a common aim.

I advise that you not make your empire our common foe, as the Rhodeve Empire did once before. Apart our communities will not thrive, this is true; but woe to those who drive them to unity.

Governor Sternberg.

To: The Military Council of Rhodevus

To whom it may concern,

It would be dangerously naive to believe that our camaraderie is forgotten. While we may have been brothers in arms, and some of us even friends; our decisions must be made selflessly, resolutely, and swiftly for the benefit of the communities as a whole. I intend to ensure the safety and security of the people of Renedge by whatever means are necessary. Diplomacy is always occurring among the communities, even now we are negotiating with the others concerning the matter. Unlike the Rhodeve Commonwealth or the Rezuan Empire, however, we are not idle when we speak. We do not forgo war to talk peace, nor do we forgo peace talks to go to war, we readily do both simultaneously.

As to answer for our use of nuclear weaponry, we do not threaten acts, we simply commit to them. Now our willingness to resort to such tools cannot be denied.

Why should we, the communities, respect an international law we were not a party to? Why should your willingness or unwillingness to resort to such methods determine our own willingness. We are different countries because we hold to different laws.

While it may be distressing, there was never any way to prevent the use of weapons of mass destruction in this conflict. They could be used either preemptively or defensively. I would rather be preemptive than wait to use them on our own cities to hinder a hostile advance. I will see that this conflict ends with minimal bloodshed, and I will willingly sacrifice thousands to save millions, even though you may not be so willing.

General Stroman, CINC Renedge.

I would think that a former ally of The Dictatorship would understand the communities better than you portray in your message to us. You should well know that we have never subjected ourselves to the bonds of laws that are not our own, nor have we subjected others to laws that were not there own. I cannot assure you that Towns will not resort to the use of WMDs or WMEs, but I can tell you this; when even a lowly rat feels as though it has no other recourse, it will bite the assaulting hand. It would be conceptually impossible to win a war with any community by resorting only to conventional arms. I can assure you that, in a global conflict, nobody would "win" a WMD war. I can also assure you that the use of WMDs in our currently rising conflict is the only hope we have of ending a war at all.

Perhaps this conflict will finally end the centuries long internal strife of the communities. Or perhaps you will get what you have asked for and this strife will simply be swept under the proverbial rug again, only to be uncovered in a future with even deadlier weapons.

It would seem that the communities have found themselves in a situation that your people should find rather familiar. The only difference between the communities your old empire invaded and the communities, as you see them now, is the advancement of technology. For several generations now, the communities were held together by their fear of being overwhelmed by another upstart global empire. Now that such a fear has subsided, the war of ideologies has resumed. The world has become unstable enough that the communities find no need to fear such a force.

Before committing to any course of action, I would advise that you revisit our two nations' histories.

Governor Sternberg.

Site 89-32 Bravo, Lee-Towns Border, Lee
2215, Day Three

As the tower search lights swept back and forth across the border all seemed quiet. The eerie silence of the local wildlife was becoming a cause for concern as the night dragged on, every minute seeming to be an hour.

Within the compound's headquarters constant communication was occurring between this site and every other base within Lee, as constant communication was deemed a necessity.

"Achtung! Achtung! Alle Grenzflächen, Achtung! Facility zwei sieben drei vier Bertha ist angegriffen! Achtung! Achtung! Alle-"

"Attention, attention! All border sites, attention! Facility two seven three four Bravo is under attack! Attention, attention! All-"

Before the communication's officer could respond to the call the line went silent.

Back outside the silence parted for a low distant rumble. Three large silhouettes appeared in the distance with a multiplicity of other, smaller yet similar shapes. As the line of apparent armor approached there were several distant flashes as the compound's sirens began to resound, calling everyone to arms. As several 140mm and 120mm high explosive rounds impacted the site, four air to ground missiles sliced through the air at high speeds with one being rendered inert by the onsite LaWS as the others reached their targets. While one hit the LaWS each of the others hit SAM battery, removing two of the three from the equation

Shortly after the attack began, the compound's personnel were forced to evacuate while expending the SAM battery as a rough artillery cover.

Briefing Room, NCC, Fort Lee, Lee
2300, Day Three

Governor Sternberg entered the room for the eleventh time in two days, fatigue creeping over his face. "What's the situation?"

"Governor, sir," one of the several General Officers present began. "Towns has pushed our entire border back two miles within the past hour, though we're holding them now. We are also suffering minor losses from Gievs. Towns, Fallree, Gievs, and Dennek have all agreed to restrict the use of nuclear weapons within community borders. We have yet to get Senns, Losr, or Renedge to agree to these restrictions."

Governor Sternberg sat in his chair and slammed his coffee cup down in irritation. "What is Renedge doing now."

"Sir," another responded, "Renedge is focusing its troops on its borders."

"Which borders?"

"All of them sir. They're preparing for a counter from Senns, and likely an invasion afterward. Otherwise they are stacking up to invade Towns, Dennek, Losr, and possibly Divergia and Ronsca."

After taking a moment to calm himself, Sternberg studied the strategic display as to make a more informed decision. "Who is our biggest threat?"

"Towns," the General Officers responded in near unity.

"Alright, focus our efforts on Towns."

Towns-Renedge Border, Renedge
2330, Day Four

The darkness of the night prevailed as storm clouds, ever threatening rain, prevented the moon from sharing its light. Slowly but certainly, the military forces of Renedge approached the borders. The efficiency of the night vision equipment possessed by the communities was well known and the forces of Renedge were well aware that Towns forces monitoring the border were using this equipment, which would soon become their downfall.

Without warning, numerous searchlights stretched out towards Towns while many more shined off of the clouds to make it appear as day. Now with the forces of Towns facing toward the blinding light and the forces of Renedge facing away, Renedge moved forward with the clear advantage. Many of the Towns infantrymen using the night vision equipment were immediately disoriented by the already intense light only being amplified by their own gear. Within the first few moments of the battle, Renedge had already decimated the Towns forces on the border. IFVs rolled ever onward across the line, some mounted with LRADs producing a directed pitch of 150 decibels towards the now fleeing forces who could no longer hear the hostile gunshots over the speakers.

With communications from the front lines almost impossible do to the confusion caused among the forces of Towns by the sudden light and sound coupled with the sudden advance of Renedge forces; it seemed that there was only one outcome for this battle.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:28 am

Royal Palace, 25 miles outside Center City

"Clearly this is a national security concern, not just for us, but for every country on the planet." General Carl Voight raised his voice at Admiral David Leyland.
"Clearly you should know our policy by now, we don't get involved in such conflicts." Weston refuted.
"Have you seen the reports, admiral? They have already resulted to nuclear warfare on one another! I cannot sit here idling as The Dictatorship falls apart and starts to blow themselves into oblivion!" Voight said even more anger.
"You just want a war on your hands! You army-types are clueless, arrogant to these situations! Why the hell would you want to march your men into almost certain death? Do you even have a clue that what you're proposing will-"
"Enough!" Queen Karen yelled while slamming her fist on the oak table, causing both Voight and Leyland to stop, "Now is not the time for you two to continue your damn feud! We have a situation unfolding that has already gone nuclear, the factions made it clear that they have no issues with using WMDs on each other, or anyone for that matter."
"And that is why we shouldn't even get involved Madame Queen. They will paint a target on our backs!" Weston said
"Not if we offer support to one of the more, reasonable, factions. If we and our allies can manage to secure any form of alliance towards one or multiple communities, then the risk of the world getting burnt to ashes shall be minimal," said Air Marshall Akina Tayama, while standing up from her chair, "I have a reasonable feeling that our allies will be doing the same. It would be in our interest to make efforts towards this to be beneficial in our favor."
"Tayama is correct," the foreign affairs minister said, "As of now, Rhodevus has put out a call to all nations to stop trade with the Dictatorship entirely, in which we didn't have prior agreements with them in the first place."
"It's also noted that Rhodevus made a call to all factions to stop using WMDs, a violation of international law" Karen said, "but I assume that this plea will be ignored, as the Dictatorship believes that is does not need to adhere to international law, much like I believe that the USA is nothing more than a way for the now-defunct Soviets to control the world."
"Damn right, and we know the USA will drag it's heels on this one, just like a handful of other conflicts. They won't do a thing, because if they did, what's to say one of the factions fires an ICBM right at Jamestown? Then what happens? Total destruction of the planet?" Voight said.

Several hours passed, and with much debating, arguing, and reasoning, they all came to the conclusion that something must be done.

"Admiral Leyland, even though you are voicing for a more isolationist approach, we cannot stand by and watch this unfold. We have no choice but to support our allies in this matter." Karen said to him.
"Yes, I understand, Madame Queen." Leyland said in a low voice. "But, are you sure consulting with our allies will work?"
"I believe so," the foreign affairs minister responded, "the fact is they are trying to handle this, just as we are. We know the Rezuans are looking for insight on their leadership, but we don't know if they'll obtain that or not."
"In that case," Tayama said, " we should get in contact with our allies to see if we can create a plan to go about this. I fear that if we don't, it'll jeopardize everything."
"Sounds like a plan," Voight said, "and now we wait to see what they are up to."
"Then I'll make it so," Karen said, "then I consider this meeting adjourned. Now, I need to compose a message to a few of our allies."

To: Our allies of Rezua, Rhodevus, Aznazia, and Engleberg (if he's partaking)
Encryption level: HIGH

Dear leaders,

It has come to my concern that something must be done about the ongoing crisis in The Dictatorship. I believe that in order to resolve this, it must be an effort of all of us, as we are stronger together, and weaker separate. This is why I'm requesting for a meeting between our leaders in Center City to discuss how we are to handle the crisis before it gets out of hand. It is important, now more than ever, to work together to create a solution that minimizes casualties and destruction. Please respond as soon as you can, as we cannot afford to waste time right now.

Signed:

Queen Karen Elizabeth Reinhardt Pearson
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Talmovay
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Talmovay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Varsil Cruznir flipped slowly through the pages of the file. The situation in POD had devolved more rapidly than he had hoped with reports coming in the previous night of combat between the Towns and Renedge Communities. He sighed and leaned back on the comfortable couch that sat in front of the Prime Minister’s office. The combat had been expected. How could such a self assured general as Stroman not have attacked? The only surprise he had found was that it wasn’t with nuclear weapons. He looked solemnly to his younger aide, Jazuel.

“Do you think our strategy will still work?” Varsil asked. “The combat wasn’t expected so quickly. Perhaps Sternberg will ally with Towns now? Renedge is clearly the greatest threat.”

Jazuel shifted slightly in her seat. “All we can do is probe the situation at the moment. If our plan is still feasible, we can use the Communities to limit Stroman’s options, but whether that will end up working out for us is uncertain.”

Before Varsil could respond, the secretary poked her head out from the office. “Ambassador, the Cabinet will see you now.”

Varsil and Jazuel stood quickly and followed the secretary through the PM’s office and into the Cabinet Room. Varsil smiled as he entered and took his usual spot for these meetings. Jazuel sheepisly followed suit.

Taking his seat, Varsil looked down the long conference table of the cramped room. “Mr. Prime Minister, Ministers, it is good to see you again. Unfortunately, the terms could now be worse.”

“Agreed,” Foreign Minister Dolin Tanir said. He then turned to the Prime Minister. “Mr. Prime Minister, I tasked Ambassador Varsil with developing a diplomatic plan of action. Seeing as he was our ambassador there for 15 years, I believed he was the best choice.”

Prime Minister Ashlon nodded, then looked down the table to Varsil. “And what plan would you have developed, Ambassador?”

“As simple and effective a plan as I could devise, Mr. Prime Minister,” Varsil said as he opened his file. “The goals of our involvement as told to me by the Foreign Minister are as follows: First and Foremost, we must avoid the very real threat of a nuclear war and the effects that would have on both the civilian population as well as the global climate. Secondly, we must help end the hostilities and convince all sides to engage in diplomatic talks regarding the future of their nation.”

The Prime Minister nodded. “And how do you plan to achieve these goals?”

Varsil looked down the table and met the Prime Minister’s eye. “To be frank, sir, I don’t think the second goal is feasible without the achievement of the first. We must first identify and eliminate the threats of nuclear war. These threats come mainly from the Communities of Renedge and Towns. The ideologies of their respective leaders require immediate attention. With the combat now beginning, there is no doubt that General Stroman is taking a path of war without diplomacy. Given his training, his experience, and his beliefs, we must assume that he will eventually use the nuclear weapons at his disposal.”

“I agree,” the Minister of Defense said sternly. “And that is a most horrifying situation.”

“Yes, Minister,” Varsil said. “It is. This is why my staff and I have developed the following plan: If we can unite any 3 of the factions against Stroman, particularly the Lee Community and Towns, then we can force Stroman to the table using MAD diplomacy. The combined nuclear arsenals of Lee and Towns are surely the reasoning he must be using in fighting a conventional war against a decorated infantry focused general. My prime targets would be Lee, Towns, and the Confederacy of Sens and Losr. If we can unite these communities against Renedge, we may be able to avert nuclear war.”

The Foreign Minister nodded in satisfaction as the Prime Minister scribbled something in his notebook which he kept detailed notes in against the advice of many in the intelligence community.

“Very well,” Prime Minister Ashlon said slowly. “How shall we begin?”

“A message to the Towns community hinting at support against Renedge must be drafted immediately. We must gauge his response to such a measure. Then, we must send diplomatic teams to the Lee Community and to the Confederacy. I would suggest that I lead that team, Mr. Prime Minister.”

“In what manner should we hint at support, Mr. Cruznir?” The Defense Minister asked Varsil. “We are not ready for a military involvement in this conflict.”

“Yes,” Ashlon said as he looked down the table. “Everything we do must avoid that kind of entanglement.”

“I understand that, sirs,” Varsil said as he clasped his hands nervously. “For now, general support must be hinted at, but financial and material support is probably the best route to follow.”

“Alright,” The Prime Minister said. “Draft the letters. We will review them and have them sent out by midday.”

“Yessir,” Varsil said as he stood.

“We will reconvene in an hour,” Ashlon stated.

With that, the group stood and shuffled out of the room. Varsil and Jazuel quickly wrote the letters, then presented them to the Cabinet an hour later. By midday and with only slight changes, the letters were sent.

To the honorable Governor Sternberg of the Lee Community,

We are filled with sadness at the state of affairs in The Communities and offer our deepest condolences to those citizens which have perished in the events leading up to and during this event. In a desire to show solidarity with The Communities, the Constitutional Monarchy of Talmovay wishes to dispatch our former ambassador Varsil Cruznir to your Community in hopes that a peaceful solution may be found.

In the name of the King, Balthnire Kruzed,

Prime Minister Karl Ashlon

To the most honorable General Knochenmus of the Community of Towns,

His Royal Highness Balthnir Kruzed wishes to personally express his deep shock at the unprovoked attack which occurred last night and wishes to offer his deepest sympathies for the war which has now met your people. In light of the circumstances, it would seem prudent that our peoples seek to cooperate in the restoration of peace in The Communities. We understand the Community of Renedge is led by an unstable man and in charge of a large arsenal of nuclear weapons. In our endeavor to see the use of these weapons confined to the pages of history, we implore the Community of Towns to accept this message as a sign of friendship and support.

In the name of the King, Balthnire Kruzed,

Prime Minister Karl Ashlon
Last edited by Talmovay on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engleberg
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:12 pm

Reichsminister für Ophion Albert Haldekamp stepped out of his black government vehicle, accompanied by his aide Oberleutnant Hans Seegren, and proceeded to a large building bearing the words "OBERKOMMANDO DER WEHRMACHT" with the Imperial Tricolour and the Reichsadler of the House of Hohenzern. Haldekamp had been requested to the OKW for a meeting on the situation within Ophion with the Dictatorship POD, a nation that even the Kaiserreich was not entirely familiar with. Presenting his identification to the soldier at the front desk, he proceeded to the underground portion of the OKW building. Reaching the Imperial War Room, he was greeted by the sight of many men dressed in formal uniforms from all branches of the Kaiserreich's military forces - the Heer, Kaiserliche-Marine, Luftstreitkräfte, Landwehr, and Abwehr. In the middle of the room was a large table, with a map of the Dictatorship POD and its communities. One community in particular was of the most interest to three men, who were pointing at the location on the map and discussing it. These men were Reicsmarschall Frederick "Geist" Caridan, Generalfeldmarschall Emil von Mannerstein, and General der Luftstreitkräfte Joachim von Freid.

Walking up to the men, Reichsminister Haldekamp questioned the situation. von Mannerstein was the first one to reply, stating "Herr Reichsminister, the situation within the former Dicatorship POD has deteriorated at a great extent. Nearly all the communities within the former nation are at war with each other, with all wishing to secure their place as the dominant community at the end of the war. Currently the community that stands as the primary threat to the Kaiserreich and the world is the community of Renedge under the leadership of General Stroman." A document is placed in front of the Reichsminister by Seegren, which shows General Stroman and his profile as collected by the Abwehr. Haldekamp reads one of his quotes from the document, "There is no sight more glorious and pure than that of the rising glow of a fusion bomb," and then states "...Feldmarschall Mannerstein, I agree with your conclusion on the subject. Any man who enjoys the usage of nuclear weapons as a standard method of warfare is a threat to our nation and others within the world. It would be of the interest within the Kaiserreich to support one community within this situation, and I assume you have concluded on one?" Caridan responded by pointing at the community on the map in front of the men. The name on the map stated "TOWNS."

Caridan, dressed in the uniform of the Englean Reichsmarschall - a white uniform, with gold trims, multiple medals, and large shoulderboards resting a large Reichsadler on each board -, turned to Haldekamp. "Herr Reichsminister, I have authorised the beginning stages of establishing contact and support with the community of Towns. The community represents the best interest of the Kaiserreich within the region of Ophion, and General Knochenmus appears to be the best choice in leadership for the Dictatorship. While other nations will attempt diplomacy, it is obvious that General Stroman is a man who does not believe in it. I agree with him, diplomacy is a sign of weakness for a great power - if I was in his place, I would also launch surprise attacks on the neighbouring regions before any form of diplomacy was in action. This man is a warrior, and therefore the Kaiserreich must also be prepared for war in order to eliminate this opponent. The Wehrmacht is more than capable of assisting the community of Towns in their struggle, and we must act to get the support of fellow powerful nations." Caridan finished his statement by gesturing to a nearby aide, who immediately rushed towards the radio office of the OKW.

Durch den Befehls des Oberkommando der Wehrmacht

Encryption: High
To the Honourable General Knochenmus of the Community of Towns,

Both His Royal and Imperial Highness Kaiser Siegfried I and the entirety of the Englean Kaiserreich would like to express shock at the attack on your community. It is quite unfortunate that your military forces and your populace must be thrust into the conflict so soon, and the Kaiserreich - as another nation that values honour in battle - would like to extend friendly relations to secure a peace within the former Dictatorship. The Abwehr has already listed the Commander of the Community of Renedge as a threat to both the world and your communities, and would like to assist you in the effort to secure a victory on the side of Towns. The Oberkommando der Wehrmacht has noted that Towns stands in the best interests of the Kaiserreich, and has approved support of your community by the forces of the Wehrmacht and Abwehr. We hope that our two nations may emerge victorious over the powers of evil, and are able to reach a conclusion that is positive for the both of our interests.

Durch den Befehls von der Reichskanzler

Encryption: High
To Our Allies in Belantica,

The Kaiserreich agrees with your statement on the subject of the Dictatorship POD. Our nations must work together to defeat the common enemy, General Stroman. It would be in the interest of our nations to establish a meeting within a neutral city for our nations to conclude on a solution, and I agree on the choice of Center City. The Oberkommando der Wehrmacht concludes that it would be in the best of interests to support the Community of Towns, for the community has the capability of resolving this conflict relatively quickly.

Signed,

Engleanisches Reichskanzler Generalfeldmarschall Rheinhold von Kluge
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:02 pm

Governor's Mansion, Fort Senns, Senns
0100, Day Five

Governor Devicks, once the commandant of P.O.D.I., as well as the Commander In Chief of The Dictatorship , sat at his new desk and waited. He knew very well what the capabilities of Renedge were, yet he also knew there was a city and hundreds of troops that had to be avenged. Having gotten the full cooperation of Losr for the upcoming counter strike. In a matter of minutes, the two communities would begin their process of neutralizing Renedge, or so they hoped.

Renedge Border Patrol Force, Platoon 339-397 Bravo, Senns-Renedge Border, Renedge
0102, Day Five

Lieutenant Meisner and his platoon were returning to their base of operations as their patrol came to an end, already passing one of their overlapping patrols, they kept there eyes on the other side. As he looked back over the border, he saw a glint of color through his IR headset. Motioning for the platoon to find cover, he did the same as he aimed his SQ-45R across the border. He was searching yet again to confirm this sighting when he heard the crack of a round fly past his head, hitting the shoulder guard of the Private behind him, carving out a slight groove as it continued.

"Return fire!"

As the platoon began to do just that, the level of incoming fire increased drastically.

Senns 82nd Mechanized Infantry Regiment, Senns-Renedge Border
0102, Day Five

Moving as silently as possible under the cover of darkness, foot units moved ahead of the ground vehicles. Comming within sight of the fencing, they all dropped to a crawl, getting as close as possible before the enemy reacted. As they continued, a platoon sized force was spotted taking cover causing a reactive halt order. Laying still for a moment, one Sergeant foolishly took a shot of opportunity.

After the single shot, the Renedge forces returned fire without any discerned targets. The distinct thud of a grenade launcher was followed by the brightness of a slowly falling illumination flare over the Renedge position. Short bursts of controlled fire continued alongside some semiautomatic fire as IFVs began to move forward, providing even heavier support through the bursts of their 25mm automatic cannons.

In little time, the battle began to pick up, with Renedge forces mobilizing the armor they held in reserve, the Senns forces simply seemed to advance with an unexpected show of force as the 82nd was reinforced by three more regiments. Just as the first Renedge operated POD-88-1 GPMBT got within range of the advancing Senns forces, just under three thousand meters away, several TZ-21 Pave Way ground attack aircraft streaked overhead and strafed the Renedge tank line. Knowingly sacrificing themselves to the Renedge antiaircraft batteries.

Even as the sole surviving Pave Way crossed back into Senns airspace, saved by the use of its multiple countermeasures, two of the IFVs were converted into scrap after being impacted by the 120mm rounds of the POD-88-1s that remained to suppress the assault. Now, with 120mm rounds raining down on their heads, courtesy of the Renedge tanks, the assault began to slow to an aggravating rate.

Sergeant Peter began to jog alongside a still moving, yet burning with only a dead crew inside, IFV before it smashed into the barricades and stopped. As he continued across the line, he fired upon any targets of opportunity before he spotted a comrade in arms crawling away from the battle. Ducking down he grabbed his fellow soldier by his vest's rescue handle and drug him into the crater they were next to.

As his fellow soldier struggled against him, Sergeant Peter slung his rifle and grabbed both of the man's shoulders. "Friendly, soldier! Friendly!"

After a moment, their was slight respite from the fight and the Sergeant finally realized the man was mumbling the same thing over and over again so quietly that he almost missed it. "I can't see. I can't see."

Now shining his dimmed light in the man's face, he was surprised to see both eyes and his nose missing, and an entry hole in the side of his helmet.

As the Renedge tanks began firing again the battle picked up and Renedge countered the offensive completely, putting Senns on the defensive.

"Stay here!" Peter yelled to the still mumbling man as a stray round impacted the other side of his helmet, killing him instantly. When he finally looked towards the ever advancing enemy, the order to pull back was given. As he began to do just that, he noted a CG-313 transport helicopter banking mid-flight, just a few hundred feet above and in front of him to return to base. As it did so, a side gunner opened up with his SQ-15 HMG for a few short bursts before the helicopter just dropped from the sky in a ball fire, only a few yards away.

After running for a few more yards, the Sergeant fell straight to his face and blacked out, with multiple entry wounds in his back.

Governor's Mansion, Fort Senns, Senns
0130, Day Five

As Governor Devicks watched satellite footage of the battle, he felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. They had hit the border in eight different locations, deploying more than half of Senns' mechanized forces. He watched the live footage in terror as they were slaughtered. The defending forces of Renedge had crushed their advance and swatted their air support out of the sky like insects. He knew very well that they would be prepared, but just how well was unanticipated. In less then a half hour, Renedge had defeated the attempted advance of Senns and Losr and was now invading the two communities unhindered.

Casualties for the Senns attack force was now nearing ninety percent, and Losr was nearing sixty. Even with all of this, Renedge forces were now advancing on both fronts.

Shortly after closing the link, Devicks' worst fear came to be announced in the form of air raid sirens. As he looked out the west facing window, he counted three rising and distant mushroom clouds.

"Sir," a guard drew his attention as he entered the room. "Wir müssen Sie jetzt zum Bunker bringen." (We need to get you to the bunker right now.)

Approaching his office's elevator cooperatively, he met the guard and they both descended. "Wie viele haben sie uns mit dieser Zeit geschlagen?" (How many did they hit us with this time?)

"Acht Herr." (Eight sir.)

"May the Lord have mercy on us all."

NCC, Fort Lee, Lee
0145, Day Five

Governor Sternberg walked into the room with sleep in his eyes and coffee in his right hand. "Talk to me."

"Sir, Renedge just went large scale. We're reading nine new launches and eight impacts in Senns and one in Losr. In Senns we have three marked at thirty megatons detonated at approximately five hundred feet and five marked at ten megatons. We believe that those were detonated at between one hundred and three hundred feet. The detonation in Losr was marked at forty megatons, but we haven't the faintest idea how high she was."

"Good Lord," Sternberg said as he essentially fell into his seat. "Dropping these on foreigners is understandable, but this? This isn't the world's first nuclear war, this is Sunalaya's largest feud, and its beginning to make war look peaceful."

To: Prime Minister Karl Ashlon of Talmovay

Mister Prime Minister,

While I do appreciate your gesture, and will accept your ambassador's presence, I cannot guaranty that a diplomatic solution will be quickly found. What is at hand is a conflict that was destined to occur for over a century. When the Rhodeve Empire landed its troops on our shores, it was fear of them that drove our communities together. The attempt of the Rhodeve Empire to colonize the communities marked the first time in which the communities feared an outside force more than themselves. It was fear that drove the communities together and it was that same fear that held them together for so long. It is not that this fear has ceased, but that this fear has been outweighed. The communities are more fearful of one another than they are of the rest of the world as a whole.

If you can resolve this fear, you have found a peaceful resolution to our war.

To: Prime Minister Karl Ashlon of Talmovay

Mister Ashlon,

Your shock at our current predicament shows that you understand little of General Stroman. What should be "shocking" to you was his commitment to a ground battle when he would much prefer to use his nuclear weapons. This is what is concerning to me. I do assure you, as long as General Stroman is in command of Renedge, nuclear weapons will be a factor of the modern age. I can also assure you that, should Stroman make the foolish mistake of detonating one of his devices within Towns, I will use my own arsenal to turn Renedge into plate glass.

While I would accept your message as a sign of good will, if this situation is as dire as you state, I ask that you chose a side and offer some true assistance.

To: Durch den Befehls des Oberkommando der Wehrmacht

I would firstly state that I am grateful for your offered support in this conflict. And while I am grateful, I must ask, why is the community of Towns in the best interest of the Kaiserreich? While I trust the sincerity of the statement, I must look ahead to the future of my people. Would I be correct in assuming that we are in your best interest solely due to our military capabilities?

I must also ask, what support can we expect to receive from the Kaiserreich? Material support? Manpower? You see, I must know these things to develop a proper strategy to eliminate the threat at hand.

I would also have you understand that, should you deploy forces to this theater, we must maintain an order in which your forces are deployed to match the strategic situation. I know the capabilities of my forces and I must know the full extent of the capabilities of the forces you deploy.

Every PODan is fluent in both English and German, though German is used solely for the purpose of bringing extreme emphasis or sincerity to a matter,
as demonstrated above.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Talmovay
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talmovay » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Talmov, Talmovay
The Royal Palace

The moment mushroom clouds appeared once more over the skies of the Communities, Ashlon had been in a full panic. How could people so carelessly throw the lives of their own people away? It was a question that was now baffling the nationalistic Talmovans as they quickly assembled with the King in the Palace's conference room.

"Give me a situation report," The King said as he burst into the room, startling the aide meant to announce his arrival.

"May I present the Lord of Talmov, King-"

"Shut up," King Kruzed said as he sat. "What's going on?"

"Nukes are going off in the Sens community," The Defense Minister said. "It's being followed up by an invasion from Renedge, There are certainly going to be responses."

"Sir, I recommend raising the threat level to Orange," Prime Minister Ashlon said. "We have to be ready in case one of those hotheads fires missiles at every left leaning nation in the region."

"I agree," King Kruzed said as he flipped through files that had just been given to him. “Nalsalchi,” he said as he looked at the Defense Minister, “What can we do at all?”

“How do you mean, your Highness?” Nalsalchi asked.

“What can we do to stop this immediately if not sooner,” The King picked up his file again. “None of the messages they sent us indicated a desire for peace and, as we all know, nuclear wars only grow.”

The Defense Minister nodded. “We can support any side that is operating against Renedge with intelligence and air support, perhaps. Send supplies, things like that.”

“What else?”

Nalsalchi sighed. “We could attempt to support one side with troops and material. Actively engage in the war.”

“What?” Ashlon gasped aloud. “Engage in the war? How many of us could die? What if we are targeted?”

“Being targeted by nuclear weapons is not the concern, Prime Minister,” Nalsalchi said. “Our missile defenses are ready for that. However, our troops could be hit and that is something we must account for in any deployment scenario.”

“But who do we support,” the Foreign Minister asked. “We have 7 Communities under attack by each other. What position do we take in trying to aid the situation?”

“We must support Towns,” King Kruzed said firmly. “He has the best chance to win this.”

“But what of supporting the former government?”

Kruzed waved him off. “The former government failed and that is why there is nuclear war. We must support the man who can bring stability.”

“He would also be the easiest to support,” The Defense Minister said. “He is the only one in a position to fight Stroman.”

The King nodded. “Then that is who we will support.” He looked to Ashlon who was seeming very nervous now. “Write the messages, it’s time to show what we mean.” Ashlon nodded and the King looked down the table at the rest of the Ministers. “Dismissed.”

To the Honorable General Knochenmus:

In light of last night’s events, Talmovay wishes to dispatch a delegation to coordinate an official declaration of support. His Royal Majesty King Kruzed has seen it in Talmovay’s best interest to support your community in its endeavor to end the threats that Stroman presents to the Communities and to the world as a whole. If the Honorable General agrees to Talmovan aid, he need only say what he needs.

Prime Minister Ashlon,
Defense Minister Nalsalchi

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:03 pm

OOC: Had to be a quick one

Sierra was not too pleased with the replies from the three provinces of POD. But, as she thought over what her council had sent out, she could see why. Sierra now more fully understood what Diana always said about needing to be both subtle and direct with the leaders of POD. They had a way of both being undeterred and reckless all at once. She tossed the letter from Renedge on the table. This General Stroman was going to become a problem very quickly.

But, she paid careful attention to the two remaining letters in front of her; those from Lee and Towns. She had her team put together extensive documentation on all the provinces and their leaders, and these two seemed to be the best choices progressing forward in the future with POD. Lee wished to bring back the old system, but its leader, this Governor Sternberg was a smart man. Something however did not fit right with her about him. How he was preaching for peace, yet still lay slightly hidden threats in his message. What was worse was that he chose to bring up the Republic of Rhodevus in his threats. It showed her that this governor has no understanding of real history outside of POD. The modern Rhodevus was nothing like that of the empire. A lot had changed in the over 170 years since the age of the Republic.

General Knochenmus however. He was a man that Sierra could see herself working with. Strong and upfront. Almost exactly what she was hoping for in a response. Her message to them all was strongly worded and did little to hide the threats woven in. She was hoping for a reaction. General Stroman was both smart and slightly cruel; choosing to play both the carrot and the stick at the same time. Any military mind; at least in Rhodevus, would know that urging peace while simultaneously waging war or urging war while simultaneously pursuing peace would always lead to further conflict. The governor was historically minded, without much push to the future. Choosing to fall back to an old system, and just as he said himself, was only held together for fear of a future empire. The Towns general was both smart and insightful. And above all else; much to Sierra’s surprise, quite truthful.

Yes, she would hope to support him.

A message flashed across her screen. It was from Diana’s personal email. The queen, while technically still on maternity leave was no in Divergia with her son and a retinue of ambassadors discussing ways to ensure peace between the two countries and to limit the amount of involvement of Rhodevus and Divergia in the growing war in Molenston and The Bohin. When Sierra opened it up, she almost blanched.

“Lee is the best choice for Rhodeve support. Peaceful and progressive with a leader that can be worked with.” The message said, along with a few other notes Diana had made on the subject.
Sierra could not believe how shocked she was. “The best choice for Rhodeve support?” She echoed, shaking her head. “I don’t believe that one bit. Peace my ass.”
She continued through the message. “I urge you to open up a meeting with the governor.”

Sierra was pale and frowning, her head still shaking. Finally, she made up her mind. “No. No, I just can’t do that.”
Sierra wished Ymira was here. Someone that she could bounce ideas off and help her get through this issue. Should she do what her queen wanted? Or do what she thought was right for her country and her once ally’s. More importantly, how would the general react, speaking with her and her being one of the primary reasons why the alliance between Rhodevus and POD fell through? She would need to talk to him about it.

She laughed at herself. Even without realizing, her gut was making the choice for her. And, working in the military, as The Commander herself she was used to trusting her gut. It had saved her life enough times to know to listen. As much as she loved and trusted Diana, this was something that she had to do. Diana made her the Acting-Queen for a reason as well as her heir apparent. Diana would learn to trust her, or Sierra would be fired. Given her mistake is the wrong one of course.

The message was sent out.
To: General Knochenmus, Commander In Chief of Towns
From: Acting-Queen, The Princess Heir Sierra Everen-Abrams
Encryption: Maximum

General Knochenmus,
I would first like to apologize for the message sent previously by the military council of Rhodevus. No so much as what had been said was untrue, but that it was required to be framed in such a way as to bring forth a reaction from as many provincial leaders as possible.

Rhodevus and the Dictatorship have long been allies and due to more recent events, our alliance had been fractured. The dictatorship is in the midst of a massive civil war and Towns is lacking in a necessary department; that being industry. Something Rhodevus can potentially help with.

I would like to officially request a meeting between myself and you, to be held in a location of your choosing. Discussion should focus on potential contributions Rhodevus can make to your province as well as the course for the future relations between POD and Rhodevus. Your province is strong with a large portion of the population and as you are no doubt aware, my country has long had a history of siding with the people and what may be best for them. So, please think over this offer and respond when you are able.

We are both military minds and thus think like soldiers. We can cut through the formalities face to face and judge each other upfront, in ways we cannot do in carefully worded letters such as these.

With Respect,
Princess Heir, Sierra Everen-Abrams
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Imperial Palace War Room, Eomeria
Rezuan Empire

"What a bunch of wonderfully decent human beings." Ymira said cheerfully as she read reports of more nuclear attacks on Senns. "That General Stroman is a particularly dastard rascal." Her smile evaporated. General Arwenia agreed, "If only I could just squeeze the life out of the bastard myself I would. Nuclear weapons? An absolute savage mad dog." Despite their tones, the two women embodied the emotional state of all those in the room. The Bohin was a kid picking his nose compared to these titans. Each one was as deadly as a viper. And each more treacherous than the devil.

"Governor Sternberg of Lee is a reasonable man. They'll still have representation." offered Prime Minister Hoelmon. Ymira rubbed her temple "Reasonable compared to his peers. If he gets put into power this whole goddamn system is recreated and will repeat itself." The bearded and blunt, General Ulsman piped in "Well, he's the better of the evils." Sasha Arwenia shook her head "No, General Knochenmus, of Towns could prove better. He warned us about Renegde, and he seems to be just defending his own land." The empress shook her head "No. Not only does he want to be an absolute dictator, he's also ninety-seven. He'll be dead in a few months probably. Then what? Power will peacefully pass to a different man? No, this bullshit will happen all over again. Like it or not, we need a hard man in power. A man willing to kill his enemies." Franz Hoelmon's eyes shot open "Jesus Christ! Don't tell me you support General Stroman." The empress was silent. "Please, please tell me you don't." the prime minister repeated again. Ymira shrugged "I'm not denying it. He's my second pick. If it comes down to it, I want someone who can stop another war. Hell might have claimed his soul, but at least everyone else in the world will be safe."

"That doesn't sound like you." From the back of the room, Christina Everen stepped forward. "When did Empress Ymira decided to allow a man to control his people with an iron fist. Even at the price of our blood, we've always fought to ensure freedom and liberty for everyone." The empress smiled sadly "It doesn't work like the fairy tales sis. Everyone will never free. But...as I said, he's my second pick. If only to keep POD in line. He's stated no desire of expansion, though I don't trust him. My first pick is the Governor of Lee. He will return to the system the people know and might not rebel against. He'll also probably be willing to actually talk to us. Only if thinks go south will we support Stroman. And only to stop the war some slipping over." For a moment all was quiet. And then the prime minister denied the person he admired most in the government. "No." he said firmly. The empress seemed visibly perplexed. Prime Minister Hoelmon barely ever disagreed with her. He pointed a finger at her "While you might feel have lost hope in our ideals, I return to accept that the Rezuan Empire will ever support a bastard as vile as Stroman. To stand for a tyrant is to say the Tsarists were right. To say we support a tyrant is to say that we support nuclear weapons. Absolutely not. Lee is our community and we will never support any other." For a few moments Ymira couldn't respond. Finally she answered "I'll ask what our ally, Rhodevus thinks about all our options."

To: Acting Queen Sierra and members of her Government
Encryption: TOP SECRET

My government and I wish to support the community of Lee in this conflict. I believe that Governor Sternberg is our wish bet. He is open to diplomatic talks, which could help avoid future wars. It also makes it easier for us to talk to him in the future. Sternberg will return POD to its old system, where it will not act much past a few muscle flexes. Other men would expand the power of POD. We want to cripple that ability. Unlike General Knochenmus who is old, Sternberg will live more than a few more months and can cement his power over time. This will allow power to pass more peacefully to the next man who will govern. I also believe that Sternberg will be more generous to his people.

However...in the event that this is not an option, we must consider supporting General Stroman. While an evil and vile man, he would beat down any who challenge him. He seems to be content with what POD is but might possibly invade others. I don't know, but he could stop future wars in POD from happening. We can't put in a man who will be overthrown. I don't think Stroman would be. Still...I despise this man. I despise his use of nuclear weapons. I hate everything he stands for. And I hate that I'm even considering him as an option. I truly believe Sternberg is the best option but...sometimes we must sacrifice the minority in order to protect the majority.

While she wanted to not say so, Ymira had to put in her thoughts about Stroman. It was true, it might be the only way to stop future wars. She dared not be unprofessional and ask about how Aria was doing in Rhodevus or if they could be together soon. That just had no pass next to words talking about supporting a mass murderer. Ymira wanted to tell Sierra just how badly she hated Stroman, to prove she was still good on the inside. But that wouldn't be true. The empress was slowly beginning to question if she even had her morality left at all.
Last edited by Rezua on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Talmovay
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talmovay » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Talmov, Talmovay

Even as the King made his speech, orders were already being passed down the line- With or without Towns approval, Talmovay was going to be involved. As the bands played and the soldiers marched, cars were pulling into hidden entrances to buildings around the Palace and its surrounding buildings. It would take weeks to deploy any real military forces even with the approval of the engaging parties, but the Royal Intelligence Service was a different animal. It answered directly to the King and to the King alone, allowing the Crown the independence and power it needed to influence internal affairs as well as keep track of foreign enemies or allies. As of the moment the nuclear detonations, the RIS had been issued orders- Reassign all assets to POD. It didn't matter which side the communities were on, the mission was against all of them.

Yet another inconspicuous car approached the building during the parade carrying agent Joseph Narsil. As the car pulled up, Joseph got out and walked slowly into the building. In all his years with the Service, he had never seen the Lower Level so active. He doubted it would be so again. Once inside, though, he was approached by a familiar face.

"Joseph!" The old man said weakly.

"Patron," Joseph replied as they embraced. "How have you been?"

"Good, good!" Patron said.

"It's busy around here," Joseph said as he watched a hundred or so casually dressed agents and staff workers alike moving through the hallways. "What's going on?"

"We will discuss that later, and in private. But for now, let's have a drink..." Patron began to say.

"Patron," Joseph cut in, "I need my orders and I need to check in."

The old man hesitated as he looked into the agents eyes. "Fine," He finally said. With that, he handed Joseph a file. "Everything is there. You'll be leaving in 10 hours." Then, he walked away.

Joseph shook his head. He didn't open the file. He knew where he was going and there were too many eyes here for him to feel comfortable doing so anyways. Either way, he was in for a tough few months and he knew it. The Communities had nuked each other in war and now it was Talmovay's job to try and prevent it from happening again.

A few hours later, Joseph boarded a plane that would begin his roundabout journey to Towns.

The Somerlands
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Somerlands » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:31 am

Palace of Broadminster, Wellsmere
The Somerlands

A sombre mood filled the debating chamber, filled with all the members of the Council of Leaders; they waited patiently for the arrival of the PM. Arthur Grayson sat in his personal lobby adjoining the debating chamber with his aide Simon. Simon could tell that something was eating away at Arthur and had kept him up during the previous night, the bag under his eyes were obvious.

"Sir, are you sure you want to raise this in today's session?" Simon offered as he skimmed the official notice Arthur had given him. Arthur looked up, almost confused that a voice had interrupted his internal monologue.

"We simply have to, if we don't do anything today we will have worse things to deal with than storm Abigail"

Without any words between the pair, both Arthur and Simon raised from their lounge chairs and walked towards the large oak door that separated the lobby from the debating chamber. As soon as they set foot within the chamber an eerie silence descended over the leaders; they knew what this session was to entail. Before speaker Paul Oakley could confirm the arrival of the PM, Simon marched over and handed him the notice; the speaker was the last to learn of the latest developments in POD.

Paul took a deep breath, "Ladies and gentlemen of the council; I have to inform you of the PM's agenda for this session. The discussion of the aftermath of storm Abigail has been put back to the General Assembly meetings scheduled for tomorrow, this is due to the need for debate on our response to the situation in POD." He paused, sighed, then continued "I have an official notice here, from the PM's office, regarding the latest developments of the civil war in POD. I'm sure the council has been briefed and are ready to discuss the options available. Mr PM if you like to start be detailing the position of the Government on this matter"

Paul gestured towards Arthur, who had become lost in his thoughts again; why would the communities choose to abandon the central government that protected the peace in the dictatorship for so long? Why would the people let their ideologies split them, when they could be stronger as a unified nation? Arthur rose to his speaking box "The war in POD is already nuclear; we must attempt dialogue with the communities in order to try to find a diplomatic end to this war. It is the opinion of the current government that a return to the last system of leadership within the dictatorship is preferred. A backing of the community of Lee and it's leader Governor Sternberg is the first option that we will be pushing for today."

The chamber instantly burst into life, the noise rose as the government's position was made clear; everyone knew something had to be done. Anne Nielsen leader of the opposition then rose "Is the government sure that supporting Lee will lead to the end of hostilities in a quick manner and save The Somerlands from all fallout political and nuclear?" This was a loaded question, everyone knew that supporting Lee would bring about a swift end to the war, even if Sternberg was the leader that fitted with The Somerlands political ideals.

"No." Arthur's heart sunk into his chest as he answered the question he feared would come. "However after polling in the emergency ballot last week, believe that the majority in this chamber wants a return to the old system in POD. This can only be achieved through Governor Sternberg. What we are proposing is to try and unify Lee and Towns against Renedge." Arthur stopped to invite Agnetha Beck, the PM's chief military advisor to the table.

Agnetha started "I was invited after the vote was announce to formalise a plan to return POD to the old system. This plan needed to be quick concise and with as little military involvement of Somersian forces as possible. You all have copies of the proposed plan, so I would advise you to look at these while I explain the key points". The chamber filled with noise as the leaders and their aides opened their copies of the plan for POD document and discussed their comebacks.

"We want Governor Sternberg in control of POD. While this is a fact, it would be foolish not to recognise the fact that his forces and the community of Lee is not strong enough to end this war quickly. It would also be foolish not to mention the communities of Towns and Renedges; both of these communities have a better chance of winning this war. Renedges will never be backed by this administration as they have forced this conflict to become nuclear. Towns is not our choice of leader, however it must be noted that the structure of the community seems stable and the leader looks to be well founded and ready for peace." Agnetha paused expecting a raft of questions at this point; however, like a group of school children listening to a story, everyone remained quiet waiting for the remaining details.

"The Government of The Somerlands wants to place our reaction to POD in the hands of the Military council. The combined military will co-ordinate the plan under the PM's orders; starting with phase 1 this week. Phase 1 will be, initial contact with all communities to plead for an end to this war. Following these communications we will send encrypted letters to the leaders of Lee and Towns informing; them of our position as an outside observer of the conflict and how The Somerlands believes that combining there power and forces will end this war." Another pause was met with silence, Agnetha was amazed by how she was holing the chamber at this point. "Phase 2 will be planned and will incorporate a possible deployment to move the communities of Lee and Towns towards co-operation. This deployment will depend on the responses from the two communities in question."

After Agnetha finished the noise in the chamber rose uncontrollably, the government was trying to remove the Council of Leaders from theses decisions; this was not sitting well with the other delegates in the chamber. "ORDER, ORDER" The Speaker shouted, not wanting this to get further out of hand "Is there any organised responses to Ms. Beck? Or shall we vote on the proposals and organise a response?" One lowly voice was heard from the opposition's side "Why remove the Council of Leaders from this process?" Agnetha opened her mouth to reply, but before she could reiterate that this was a military matter she was cut off by Arthur.

"We simply have to put this in the hands of the military. Only the military can organise a response and any required involvement of our forces in POD in a short time-scale. Leaders you need to realise that if The Somerlands does not respond quickly to this situation there is a real chance that the repercussions could harm all of us in this region."

Before any more questions could be made Paul spoke out "As the international community is waiting for us to state our decisions we must vote now! All those in favour of handing the responsibility of The Somerlands observership and involvement in POD." A resounding "Yay" sounded across the chamber, "Those against" A smaller sound of "Nay" was then heard.

"That settles it the military Council will now take control of The Somerlands interests in POD; answering directly to the PM. It will take all measures to not send forces into the country; however if the deployment of forces to POD will help return the country to it's former government then it has the power to do so." Paul turned to Agnetha and Arthur "Please adjourn to the war rooms and ready your communications"

Arthur and Agnetha left the chambers to write the communications. Within 2 hours the communicates were reviewed and with minor alterations sent to the various communities of POD.

To: The Leaders of the PODian Communities
Encryption: None

The Government of The Somerlands would like to extend is deepest sympathies to all PODians who have been caught up in the current civil war. We along with the international community are saddened by the failing relations between the communities and need for war.

The Somerlands calls on the leaders of all communities to look for a diplomatic solution to the conflict; and we urge all leaders to not use nuclear weapons as a method of engagement as there will be unfortunate repercussions for the region as a whole. Further to this we call for all leaders to come to the negotiation table to talk with each other.

The Somerlands does not wish to get involved in the internal politics of another nation; however at this point in time we believe that dialogue between the communities of POD and other nations in the region is required due to the potential effects of this war not only on POD but on the region as a whole.

Signed: Arthur Grayson PM.

To: Governor Sternberg

Governor, as stated in our previous communication we are deeply saddened by this conflict you are involved in; however in is in The Somerlands interests that the conflict is curtailed as quickly and as diplomatically as possible. The Somerlands Government recognises Governor Sternberg as the correct leader for continuation of the POD central government; so we urge you to try to find a diplomatic solution between yourselves and the other communities.

The Somerlands position is that we don't see any one community winning this war, so we suggest that Lee looks to align itself with another community as an ally to try to curtail this conflict if diplomacy cannot succeed on its own.

To: General Knochenmus

General, as stated in our previous communication we are deeply saddened by this conflict you are involved in; however in is in The Somerlands interests that the conflict is curtailed as quickly and as diplomatically as possible. The Somerlands Government recognises the community of Towns as the strongest community within POD; so we urge you to try to find a diplomatic solution between yourselves and the other communities.

The Somerlands position is that we don't see any one community winning this war, so we suggest that Lee looks to align itself with another community as an ally to try to curtail this conflict if diplomacy cannot succeed on its own.

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Office of Layfetian Commission on Nuclear Weapons
Department of Defense Building, Nordipolica, Epinay, Layfet

Executive Minister Edmond Dantes, Deputy Defense Director Samuel Ballard, Former LCNW Commission Director Vivika Corona, and Nuclear Defense Director Santiago Bravo all were rushing into the conference room to meet with many of Layfet's top generals and the former members of the LCNW. This commission had not met since 2008, after Layfet had dismantled its nuclear weapons program entirely. However, with the situation brewing in POD that might lead to the use of nuclear weapons, Dantes signed an executive order reestablishing the commission. Dantes and his companions walk into the room, with all the generals standing up.

"Carry on." Dantes said rushing to his seat, the others following suit and the generals sitting down. "I'm sorry for running a bit behind my friends, I was talking to Murray about the crisis in Konetya. But now to business. General Madsen, please if you will dim the lights." Madsen leaned over his chair and dimed the lights as Corona walked up to a powerpoint presentation showing several sites of known POD nuclear stockpiles. "My fellow Layfetians, we have a crisis on our hand, the POD has devolved into civil war, which if not careful, could escalate into nuclear war and have devastating impacts for the world. Now, our nation is not interested in who wins the war in the POD, but we cannot have any of the factions at war with each other use these weapons or allow them to get in the hand of any terrorists that might get them in the wake of this war. We need to secure them as soon as possible. His Excellency here will be sending the Charles Vantourt to the different POD factions in order to work out a deal turning the nuclear weapons over to a neutral party. I myself will be working on rebuilding the commission which will take over from Vantourt and Thornock should plan A work. We will have a brief recess, before we discuss plan B"

After that statement, everyone shuffled out.
Last edited by United Layfet on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:35 pm

To:Prime Minister Ashlon and Defense Minister Nalsalchi of Talmovay

Towns would readily welcome any, and all, support at this time. At this time our greatest need is manpower. Should your nation be willing, we would request all possible support to the Renedge-Towns Border as well as documentation informing me of all military assets being deployed to the communities.

I will offer you this warning, should we discover that you betrayed us, in any way, your nation will be the subject of our wrath following this conflict.

With regards,

To:Princess Heir Sierra Everen-Abrams of Rhodevus

Ma'am,

I would be grateful for any and all support provided to Towns. As to be clear, the industrial needs of Towns are simple, we require ammunition. We are unable, as you are aware, to maintain our ammunition stockpiles in a conventional conflict with the other communities. Within two weeks, at our current rate, our hands will be forced and we will be required to resort to non-conventional means. The result would be the mass deployment of Weapons of Mass Effect.

Once again, I emphasize that our needs are conventional munitions. As a matter of security, I request that any meeting occur within the NCC located in Fort Lee. Due to the Fort Lee treaty, any national official being sent to or from Fort Lee will have combat immunity and will not be fired on by the communities. As this is a time of war, you will be mandated to travel with an armed escort of no more or fewer than ten men. Fort Lee is the only location in which your safety can be guarantied.

To: Arthur Grayson PM of The Somerlands

To whom it may concern,

It would seem, to myself that your nation's government has sent us two separate messages, one encrypted and addressed to myself as well as one not encrypted and sent to every community. This brings with it some concern and doubt concerning your government's true intentions. You have made clear, to the community of Towns, your underhanded nature and serpent's tongue, and as such, your nation's personnel and material, will be targeted for elimination on sight.

You have been duly warned.

To: Arthur Grayson PM of The Somerlands

Mister Grayson,

It is my hope that this message is truly sincere, though I do have some concern with both messages being sent. It is my advice to your government not to communicate with the communities in such ways, as some are more wary than myself at a government that sends un-encrypted messages followed by encrypted messages. This presents your nation, to the communities, as untrustworthy and double-minded.

I do hope, for your people's sake, that General Stroman was not sent an encrypted message such as we received.

With the matter of communicating with the communities being finished, I do move on.

While I would rather diplomacy succeed on its own, without conflict, such is simply not possible with the communities. For our people, simple words and delayed actions mean nothing. One must act even as they speak to propel diplomacy with the communities, which is why while we speak we wage war until the dispute is resolved. We will be working to align the others against a common foe, though progress has been slow as of yet.

With respect,
Governor Sternberg, Governor of Lee

Emergeny Shelter, Governor's Mansion, Fort Senns, Senns
0630, Day Five

Devicks sat at one of the three round tables in the small shelter dining area. At the table, with him, were three of his advisers; each advising a different course of action. One was calling for the deployment of the community's small, but none the less effective, nuclear arsenal in response to recent events. Another was advising the use of the community's rather sizable stockpile of biological, chemical, and biochemical weapons. The last was advising a course of action never before pursued by one of the communities, a concept that was entirely foreign to the eight, surrender. It was foreigners that surrendered, not the communities.

The communities have used WMEs and WMDs before this, and readily so. This, however, was the first time that these weapons have been used against them in what the people of the communities were beginning to call the "Feud of the Eight". Would this also mark the first surrender of one of those eight?

"I see no other sensible course of action," Devicks finally spoke, silencing the room. The advisers present waited intently, each as though they were frozen in place.

"We will surrender to Renedge."

Two shocked gasps were released, as the adviser who presented that advice simply bowed his head in a mixture of relief, sorrow, and general disappointment.

"Each of you get work on getting the word out to our troops. Senns now answers to Renedge."

Capitol Building, Vragi, Renedge
0635, Day five

General Stroman picked up the now ringing phone marked with the symbol of Senns.

"Hello Governor Devicks. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"General Stroman, I am calling to inform you of our surrender."

"Say again," Stroman replied, questioning whether he heard correctly.

"I am surrendering Senns to your authority."

"I see," Stroman stated as he thought for a moment. "I must state that it is good to finally put an end to the bloodshed between our communities. I trust you will arrive to draw up documentation officiating this?"

"Yes. All will be done in accordance with the Laurenz Plan?"

"Without question. I will order my men to stand down now."

Renedge-Towns Border
0830, Day Five

After managing to re-secure the original borderlines, Towns troop numbers were nearly tripled on the border. The Border itself was far too large to fully secure, even with the increase in manpower directed to it. This did not mean that it was not fully monitored. Even with the well executed advance into towns, Renedge forces were beaten back with not even the slightest mercy. The counter strike offered by the forces of Towns was a slaughter, with Renedge losing roughly ninety percent of the assault force.

Even now, high caliber projectiles were being thrown across the border from both sides, converting what was previously a border into an effective no mans land. Air strikes were being constantly performed by both sides, in an attempt to soften up the enemy. For now, at least, every position was mirrored by the opposing force. If Renedge troops moved north, a roughly equal force would match their moves, with the opposite being true as well.

Previously a simple border, the Renedge-Towns border was quickly becoming the bloodiest combat zone Ophion had ever held, already reaching nearly two hundred thousand casualties just within the past two days.

Renedge had already lost more personnel and equipment on this border than they had in Senns and Losr combined. Howbeit, Towns suffered similarly, losing more here than than on its fronts in both Lee and Dennek.

While both sides were losing their advantage, neither was gaining an advantage on this front.

While the attempts to invade Renedge by Senns and Losr were met with nuclear force, it seemed that an unspoken accord was in place between Renedge and the community with nearly twice the nuclear arsenal.

NCC, Fort Lee, Lee
0630, Day Five

Governor Sternberg looked up from his desk, his weary eyes becoming instantly alert as he caught the disturbed expression of his door guard.

"Sir, Herr Bakersfield bittet Sie, mit Ihnen zu sprechen." (Sir, Mister Bakersfield is asking to speak with you.)

Dropping his pen upon hearing the name, Sternberg blinked several times, as if attempting to awaken from a nightmare. "General Thomas Bakersfield?"

"Ja sir." (Yes sir.)

"Very well," the governor responded after a short delay, "send him in."

Senns has surrendered to Renedge in response to losing roughly 40% of its populace (roughly 28,500,000 persons) to nuclear strikes and ground combat.
Renedge is actively invading Losr and Dennek.
Towns and Renedge are fighting for an advantage on their border.
Towns has been pushed back by the forces of Lee.
Gievs and Fallree have made multiple attempts to invade Lee.
Fallree is reinforcing Dennek positions to counter Renedge.
Naval fleets from Fallree and Gievs are preparing to engage the fleets of Losr.
Fallree is actively invading Losr.
Losr is considering the use of biological, chemical, and biochemical weaponry fight back invaders and begin counter invasions.
Both Lee and Gievs have agreed to refrain from naval combat, Resulting in Lee docking its fleets and Gievs sending its fleets southward.
Last edited by The Dictatorship POD on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:46 am

Sierra held baby Aria in her arms, cradling her head, the rest of her wrapped up in a warm fleece blanket. There was a nip in the air as the coming winter was fast approaching. Sierra was not worried. Aria was a Rezuan and a Rhodeve, she would be as strong in the winter as anyone else. Sierra did not feel cold either, even though she wore only a thin long-sleeve shirt. “Hush now Aria. Mummy’s got you.” She rocked her little one gently, humming a small tune; something she would never have thought she would ever have done.

“Princess.” Sierra turned to look at the secretary rushing onto the balcony. “A message from the Empress of- urm, your wife. It was sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It’s about the Dictatorship.”

This brought forth a chill running through her spine. “I’ll be there in a moment.” Sierra refolded the blanket so that it did not cover Aria’s chin. She touched the soft baby-fat which covered the little girl’s face as the baby rested peacefully, making almost no noise. She sleeps like I do. Sierra thought with a smile.

“Come on little one. A few months old is definitely old enough for your first war council meeting.” Sierra re-entered the Imperial Palace.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs took up a small building nearby the Imperial Palace which had once been a guest house for visiting foreign officials or subjects to the Rhodeve Empire. Of course, the building was not exactly that old, having been burnt down by the Aznazian forces during the Rhodeve Collapse. But, it was rebuilt to near the exact specifications as before, updated only for the newer technology available. Opening the door, there was a chime. The secretary at the front lifted her head and bowed it quickly. “The Minister is in Room 12. Along with your council? Your assistant told me to assemble them as well.”
“Yes, that’s perfect.”

“Would you like me to watch the enfant royal?” The secretary switching to French at the end. Sierra shook her head. “It will be alright. I will let you know if I need you to come and take her.”

Sierra calmly walked into the room, only to be confronted with dozens of questions. “Alright! Alright! One at a time please. I haven’t even had a chance to read the letter through yet.” She took her seat at the ‘head’ of the circular table, repositioning Aria so she could hold her in one hand. “Now, let’s see this message.”

Admiral-General Zaira Timmel read the full letter aloud. Sierra made a small noise. “Of course Ymira chose the same person as Diana. The governor. I’m still not a fan of him, too many words and too diplomatically sly.”
There were looks around them room. “Get on with it. Open forum from now on, speak your mind.”
The Major general spoke first. “The governor holds the capital.”

“Aye, he does. But the capital is meaningless without the people. And of course, this governor is still open to making less than concealed threats.” Zaira replied.

“Generals, Minister. The letters I received from Stroman, the governor and the general made it pretty clear what each faction wants. I can nearly agree with Ymira. While I cannot say I agree that we should consider supporting General Stroman-”
“The senate and house would never let it pass.” The Minister interrupted. Sierra’s eyes flashed a hidden anger.

“Ahem, yes. Their policy of using nuclear weapons and other WMDs as soon as possible automatically makes them an impossible choice for Rhodevus. The people hate the idea and so do we. The governor however is too set on the past. From the first moments, he brings up the Rhodeve Empire. As if he does not know our history. Of which his nation is a part of. He does make sense in his first moments of his message, which discusses why the communities have resumed their warring. But, it’s like he thought the empire collapsed because of his communities. Not Lindian support in POD and Capslandian raids along the coast of… whatever, it’s not important. What is important, is I feel that he would not be easy to work with. None of them would be, if I am being honest, but at least General K in Towns has scruples about using weapons of mass destruction.”

The screen placed in front of her flickered to life. “Speak of the devil. It seems we have received a message from General Knochenmus.” She read through it quickly then passed it on to the other members around the room.

The Minister spoke up first. “If you are going to that meeting, so will I.” She looked cautiously at the princess heir, who nodded her approval, the minister breathing a sigh of relief.

“It looks like a good sign. Rhodeve ammunition factories are prepping for war in The Bohin. As are Eubatian factories.”
“Can we not get into Eubatu?” the Minister sighed, “I still have another meeting with the country to settle the munitions deal before we can even think about purchasing munitions for this coming fight.”

“Alright,” the major cleared his throat, “then Rhodeve factories can start increasing their production.” He looked through some papers in front of him. “I can get a shipment prepared to be sent in two days, with further shipments every day. Give or take 7 hours.”

Sierra nodded. “See to it Major. I want a shipment sent by a fleet of cargo planes by way of the IdF. It’ll be longer, but as long as we don’t need to fly over the other communities, we should be fine. If you need, take munition from the bases in Fleurs. We’ll get them a resupply later. Minister, resolve the Eubatian munitions deal. I still want the best terms we can get, so if the deal falls through, it falls. But work on it. Both of you have leave to go now. Minister, I will make sure you stay up to date on the plans to meet with the leadership of Towns.”

They both nodded and stood to leave. Sierra quickly turned her attention back to Aria, who had started to squirm on her lap. “Hello Aria.” Sierra smiled, speaking to her daughter in French. She bounced the little girl on her lap, bringing a small smile to the baby’s face. She looked back to the other military personnel in the room, all looking at her. She beckoned them to continue. “Empress Ymira’s message? Back to the topic at hand please?”

“Ah yes,” continued Admiral-General Zaira. “She wants to support the governor, like the queen. And she says General Knochenmus is too old.”
Sierra nodded. “I can agree with that statement. The general is quite old and I know nothing about his heir or whom he will wish to pass his dictatorship to come his death. I guess that is something worth discussing.”

“And Sierra?” Zaira asked, “about the governor. He may not be the greatest of choices, but he does have support among out allies. I would advise to get some sort of deal made? Maybe have him being set up as a potential advisor to the general. The Laurenz Plan means that the governor will act in the best interest of Towns after their surrender. It can be the best of both worlds and can potentially unite the two most supported factions.”

Sierra thought for a moment. She wrote down a few notes on a piece of paper. “I can agree to that. It’s a good decision and between what I and the queen want. I believe I can get the general to agree to this. Please, I think we should send messages out to both the Empress and general.”

To: Empress Ymira Everen-Abrams
From: Acting Queen, Princess Heir Sierra Everen-Abrams and the Council on POD

Empress Ymira, we have red over your message and have reached our own verdict and decisions as well. To start with the point of least contention, General Stroman can never and will never gain the support of Rhodevus. His continuous and open use of nuclear arms and other weapons of mass destruction automatically bars him from Rhodeve support as per Bill 187 section a. of the Ministry of International Affairs Dossier on Support and Aid (written 1971). Even without such a bill, this General Stroman is a militaristic man who would more likely attack us come his victory in POD, than continue with peace.

As for General Knochenmus and Governor Sternberg, we have come to an impasse. The general is old, but he is strong enough to unite the people of POD once more. The governor wishes to continue with the old system of governance in the dictatorship, but as can be seen by what is currently happening, we will be setting up POD for another potential conflict. We believe a new system might be better. The general however is old as you have pointed out. I will be travelling along with the Minister of International Affairs to POD to meet with the general and his successor to discuss plans and the potential for future support and supplies.

We will also be discussing Lee and Governor Sternberg. It is believed that he would make a good politician in the system which the Towns Faction is supporting. He might also make a potential strong close advisor and aid, given his aptitude for diplomacy. The main reason he cannot have my support over the general per se, is that he veils threats based on age old knowledge. It is believed that he is trying to return POD to an old system that we can see does not work in the long run.
May we discuss face to face in the coming future,
Sierra Everen-Abrams

To: General Knochenmus
From: Acting Queen, Princess Heir Sierra Everen-Abrams and the Council on POD

General Knochenmus,
We will be open to a meeting in Fort Lee to be scheduled for two day’s time. Along with myself and an assortment of soldiers and royal guards, the Minister of International Affairs, John Jones will be attending as well. It is my request that along with you and assortment of soldiers and guards, you bring with the man or woman you believe should be or is your heir and future successor. Without the meaning of offense, you are aging and in order to build a strong foundation in a potential alliance between us and our nations, I would like to meet the person who will be succeeding you to make sure that all our interests are aligned.

On the matter of munitions and supplies, a contingent of cargo aircraft will be sent to Towns from the West in 48-50 hours from the time this message has been sent. All aircraft will be carrying ammunition and other munitions for guns and tanks. It is my hope that continual munition delivery as well as other items that can be requested can be sent to Towns every fourth or fifth day dependent on our factories in Rhodevus and the war in The Bohin.

I am required to inform you that these deliveries are contingent on your acceptance that nuclear and biological weaponry will not be used by your nation without a strong reason informed to us prior to their usage. We can discuss this and all other potentials for conflict between us during the meeting.

Good Luck in the coming days,
Princess Heir Sierra Everen-Abrams
She/Her

Factbook

Baggnagia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baggnagia » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Silcenda, Baggnagia

With the situation brewing in POD, the nuclear question was brought back into public life once again. It seemed that Baggnagia already had its position on nuclear weapons and that was the end of it. But every now and then, the nuclear issue is being brought up again by politicians and this is primarily due to various world events. Fran Hapénic, the Baggnagian President, once again had to speak on the nuclear question in front of a public:

Admittedly there was a time when my predecessors and even I considered nuclear weapons for Baggnagia. It was not for international power or influence reasons, but for security. Baggnagia was invaded many times and we had many territorial disputes. It seemed like armed conflict was always a matter of time because these problems remained unresolved. We turned to the nuclear program possibility as a last resort. We considered building bombs and missiles to send a final message to our enemies. We considered nuclear weapons in order to hopefully never use them, but to enjoy deterrence provided by them. Fortunately, times have changed and it has allowed us to dump that idea. Nuclear weapons should not spread anymore and Baggnagia will not reverse humanity’s progress on disarming.

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Office of Layfetian Commission on Nuclear Weapons
Department of Defense Building, Nordipolica, Epinay, Layfet

Director Corona was on the phone with EM Dantes who was visiting Sunrisia "Sir, Ambassador Lascano-Bravo has just announced a resolution in the Assembly to have the international community due something about POD's WMDs" "Good" Dantes replied. "But do you think it will do anything?"
"No, Sir, several states have already voted against it in fear of retaliation from POD." Dantes paused for a moment. "Alright, Director, put your faith in democracy for now, I have other plans. I shall speak with our allies to see if we can do something without the help of the Assembly. We cannot allow the nuclear weapons, i'll advise the Director of Defense to take us to DEFCON four and once i leave Aestin in the morning I shall call on our allies to be on standby." With that the Executive Minister hung up.

Director Corona was worried that Layfet might start building nuclear weapons, as the nation did keep enough uranium around to build at least 10. "Miss Pulani" Director Corona called out. Rosalie Pulani, Corona's secretary called back "Yes, Miss Corona?" "Call Director Bravo, have him come to my office and inform the Deputy Exec' that we are moving to DEFCON four, thank you"

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:51 am

Fort Baine Navy Base,
Montay Atoll, Layfet

Secretary-General Oliver Cromwell was waiting patiently on the deck of the Jason, a destroyer that was commissioned after the Grey Wolf Crisis and a named after Layfet's longtime ally - The USJR. Cromwell was waiting for the Sunrisian operatives to dock in port. Most of the operatives from the Layfetian side as well as Pantorrum operatives were below deck, waiting from Cromwell to step in. This joint UIN-Sunrisian venture was to be the first of its kind and Cromwell wanted to get it right, otherwise, he would be the laughing stock of the entire world.

The Sunrisian ship was sighted coming off the horizon, no doubt coming from the main Layfetian Island patrol group. Cromwell stared off in that direction for a few moments before debarking the ship and heading over to where the Sunrisian one would come into play. Besides the Jason, the Navy also loaned out Layfet's only aircraft carrier the Forward Forever, which allow Cromwell's plan to be enacted.

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:42 pm

NCC, Fort Lee, Lee
0830, Day Six

Governor Sternberg sat at his desk, his eyes focused on the man before him. Standing before him was the man who would have legal command of Towns, and he feared Knochenmus would give it to him. He predicted that President Timo Schreier, Commander in Chief of Dennek, Fallree, and Gievs, would ignore Stroman's threat and focus his efforts entirely on Towns if Knochenmus did relinquish his command to the man beyond Sternberg's desk. Sternberg went as far as to predict President Schreier would unleash his entire arsenal on the community of Towns, if only to ensure this man's death. Governor Gerhard Wessel Klerks, Commander in Chief of Losr, however, would take the opportunity to focus his efforts entirely on Stroman if that were to happen. Even Sternberg himself would be more willing to see Towns transformed into a radioactive wasteland than to see it fall into this man's hands.

This man was General Thomas Bakersfield, previously the commander of The Dictatorship's Research and Development operations and perhaps the most feared man within the communities. Feared not for his stature or even his twisted sense of humor, but feared because of his mind. Even at the age of seventy seven years, his simple presence in a room had been known to bring people familiar with his identity to a silent fear of their lives.

"Mister Bakersfield," Governor Sternberg began as he attempted to mask his nervousness, though he was in his own office. "This is the second time you have been in my office in two days. Yesterday you wanted to know the state of The Dictatorship. Why am I cursed with your presence today?"

"I have come to you today to request transportation, under the mandate of the Fort Lee treaty, back to the community of my birth. Once there, I will take command of Towns and will wage a war of annihilation against Renedge."

"General Knochenmus signed a treaty stating that weapons of mass effect would not be-"

"Once I am there, I will honor that treaty, you have my word."

"Fine," Sternberg relented with a sigh of relief. "You will have transport under the treaty. We will broadcast your flight path."

Nodding without another word, General Bakersfield turned to leave the rather short meeting...

Albrecht City, Losr
1000, Day Six

Lieutenant Klaus Schwarz, and what was left of his platoon, were held up in the second story of a barely standing office building. As he kept a watch on the relatively peaceful streets below, the sounds of distant gunfire persisted. Some shots, sounding closer than most, drew several of his subordinates towards the window, and most got lower instinctively when they saw two explosions in the distance. As they heard the muffled sounds of the blasts reach them, some checked their helmets to be certain they were still strapped on.

With several more close sounding bursts of gun fire, Lieutenant Schwarz rechecked his magazine. As he peered through his scope, Klaus saw a man with a shoulder fired anti tank weapon hit the ground. As the man fell, he fired the launcher into the air, the rocket streaking upward with no target. Hearing several more distant explosions, Klaus lowered his rifle and sat against the wall, motioning for another to take watch. As soon as he tilted his head back against the wall, the distant battle seemed to pick up, becoming more intense as the morning went on.

Hearing the distinctive sound of multiple CG-313 helicopters getting nearer, he got back into his watch position as those not on watch got into defensive positions. All relaxed slightly, as they saw the helicopter fly overhead, towards the now raging battle. The sound of several 120mm guns firing nearby caused several of the men jump slightly, something that would have made Schwarz smile if they hadn't lost half of the platoon just four minutes before.

Several more, much closer, bursts of gunfire startled the Lieutenant, followed by the sound of an unseen rocket being launched at a close proximity. Acting too late, the two men currently at the window, dove for cover as the rocket hit the wall next to their position and detonated, killing them both. Reacting with slight delay, Klaus took cover by the new hole and sighted down on the man responsible, only to find a dead man. The rocket had been another misfire from a now dead fellow soldier of Losr.

Albrecht City, Losr
1200, Day Six

Maintaining his cover near the hole in the wall for two hours now, the hole caused by an earlier explosion that killed two of his men, the recent silence was beginning to get to him. Klaus had called for extraction nearly six hours ago, after Renedge forces pushed them to retreat to this very building. He was now down to eighteen men, including himself, and they were all waiting.

As they were beginning to lose hope for extraction, the sound of a distant helicopter approaching seemed to reinvigorate that hope. As the Lieutenant looked through the hole, however, he saw the helicopter arc back toward the east. The reason for this became apparent as the building began to shake. Looking down toward the nearby intersection, he watched with a sense of dread as a POD-112 Field Operations Super-Heavy Tank, with Renedge markings, turned down the street towards them. As the twenty four foot wide heavily armored behemoth rolled onward, moving at roughly ten miles per hour, it crushed the derelict vehicles that littered its path. He watched helplessly as the tank fired at the now fleeing helicopter with its M41. After a short burst from the 25mm automatic cannon, the helicopter went down in two pieces.

Capitol Building, Vragi, Renedge
2330, Day Six

General Stroman scanned through each report brought to hims throughout the day, each one detailing gathered intelligence or battle field results. As of now, roughly fifty miles of Losr was his. His main concern, however, was his western front. Since Towns' counter strike, his men have been unable to push through. Soon, however, he would be able to add the remains of Senns' military to the western and northeastern fronts, which was sure to help him break through.

Another growing concern of his, however, was the growing international activity in regards to this conflict. While he expected the international community to get involved, the foreigners were acting more quickly than he would have liked. It was coming time for him to see if he could scare them off. As he opened yet another report, only just now delivered, he decided that something would need to be done sooner rather than later. Setting the document back on his desk, Stroman picked up a yellow phone marked RENEDGE A.F.M.C..

"Air Force Missile Command."

"This is General Stroman. Authorization: Bravo three three seven dash Delta nine nine nine four dash Zulu six two. Hit the peak of Mount Redguage with a ten megaton device at five minutes from now. I want the world to see it."

"Aye sir."

As he hung up the phone, he picked up a voice recorder and recorded his message to the world, one that would be broadcast exactly fifteen seconds after the detonation.

Attention rulers, and citizens, of the world. While you may attempt to hide your intentions from me, your involvement in our conflict is not warranted. I do believe that we have made our intentions to defend ourselves rather clear in our most recent nuclear detonation.

As I wish to avoid unnecessary conflict at this terrible time, you would do well to note that this device was detonated within Renedge, and is merely meant to serve as a warning to those wishing to be involved in our war. You are hereby ordered to cease all military activities directed at preparing to engage in this conflict. Should you fail to comply, you risk facing the wrath of Renedge.

That is all.

At exactly five minutes from his order, a bright flash appeared directly above the peak of Mount Redguage. As the brightness of the flash dimmed, the rising fiery mushroom cloud became visible to most in the northwestern section of Diverigia, the darkness of the night only amplifying the visual effect of the warning. While the detonation remained far enough from the border to save Divergia from the effects, it was certain to catch international attention.

While this act was meant to be a show of strength, the leaders of the other communities would recognize it for what it truly was, evidence of fear.

From: General Thomas Bakersfield, Commander In Chief of Towns
To: Acting Queen, Princess Heir Sierra Everen-Abrams and the Council on POD

It has been deemed necessary to inform you that General Knochenmus, Commandant of the Towns Marine Corps, is no longer in command of the community of Towns.
Acting as my top military adviser, at this time, General Knochenmus will be attending the previously agreed to meeting on my behalf.

As to put you at ease, in regards to our potential future use of weapons of mass destruction or weapons of mass effect, I assure you that such devices will not be used, to my vexation, in the foreseeable future. In accordance with a treaty signed by General Knochenmus in my absence, these weapons will be restricted until such a time in which either Renedge or Lee breach this treaty.

I would, as the current Commander in Chief of Towns, like to offer my thanks for your assistance in our ongoing war effort.

Renedge Forces push further into Losr, conquering a large portion of the community.
Senns forces focus on rebuilding the community after surrender to Renedge.
Renedge forces break through Towns defensive lines.
Towns forces push Renedge forces back yet again.
Losr begins deployment of blistering agents behind enemy lines, temporarily slowing the Renedge advance.
Renedge warns the international community with nuclear device.
General Bakersfield takes command of Towns, yet remains in the shadows for the time being.
Lee finally orders draft, being the last community to do so.
Casualties to date: roughly 30,500,000. Most of which perished to nuclear fire.
Last edited by The Dictatorship POD on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:47 pm

LS Jason Control Deck,
Fort Baine Navy Base
Montay Atoll, Layfet

"You're sure?" Cromwell asked through his government issued phone. "Okay, we have to move without the Sunrisians, but at least they have our homeland." "....." "Wonderful, send them the north way, we will be heading the southern way" "...." "Thank you Director" Cromwell hangup and turned to the captain of the Jason. "The POD just launched a nuclear weapon, initial reports say at least 30 million are dead." He waited for the captain to take it all in. "We can no longer wait for the Sunrisians, but while they sent more ships to Layfet, Director Thackeray has decided to place the navy near POD should they try to harm any other nation. We have the go ahead, captain, radio the Forever and lets get moving, have the teams notified. I have to make a few calls."

With that, Cromwell left the deck and ventured to his quarters, the roar of the ship's engines came to life and started propelling the ship forward. Cromwell took out his cell phone and called Foreign Relations Director Luke Brant. "Hello, Director Brant, could you please transfer me to the POD, Lt. Col. Micheal if he still alive? Thanks."

A ringing was happening on the Officer of Foreign Affairs: Lt.Col. Micheal's phone.

Romaleus
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Romaleus » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:44 pm

President Remigio Mazzotti
Valarirece, Romaleus

President Remigio Mazzotti stood up in his office watching the television screen that hung overhead. Text quickly ran below a news anchor as she reported on the latest breaking news. However, the breaking news was a few days old. All of the news had been the same for the entire week. He fingered the remote and switched to the next channel. The other channel had a similar story:

"We are live from the capitol building reporting on the most pressing events that have unfolded. Another nuclear weapon has been detonated in Senns, POD. The nation has been split multiple ways between the different regions of POD... The first nuclear weapon was detonated only a few days before... People around the world grow weary about the repercussions that will arise from the bloodshed in POD. Many Romaleans believe these injustices should not be tolerated. Others believe the best course of action to the avoid involvement. The President has yet to give a formal announcement to the public addressing the matter..."

The President blankly stared into the television and sighed. "Why?" half-consciously muttered. He couldn't understand the thought process of people who would do anything to fight, let alone use weapons-of-mass-destruction. This wasn't supposed to be a takeover of Senns, but an annihilation and extermination of its inhabitants. He had had multiple security briefings with his generals and his minister of defense who played out the urgently of the war. Wind patterns could easily change and send radiation sweeping across Ventismar. He wasn't very concerned about who would win the war. Whichever leader came out on top would only start another war and start another nuclear genocide. Once this happened there would be a war that would result in a new regime rising and old regime crumbling. These general remained in power so long because they hide behind their unconventional WMDs. Remigio had another security briefing in an hour which he was very reluctant to attend. He had been through many security meetings while in office. He came to the conclusion that the majority of Sunalaya was void of compassion. Most ended in Romaleus staying neutral through the conflict because each side predictably threatened nuclear war. Romaleus would be unable to threatened most countries who harnessed nuclear power because of its minuscule arsenal.

One Hour Later...

"Deploying thousands of troops on the ground would be completely suicidal. Renedge has clearly proven that they are not afraid to launch nuclear missiles. Our entire force would be wiped out with the push of a button. We would then have to explain to families that their loved-ones were vaporized and their is no body. Our military is completely outnumbered and outmatched against Renedge and the other regions. The best course of action for Romaleus is to not intervene. We could also never get this war sanctioned by the parliament, they would shoot down the proposal immediately. None of these leaders have the credentials to receive Romalean support..."

"Thank you General for your wise words, please be seated. Anyone in this room that has another opinion may now stand." President Mazzotti ordered from the head of the table. The security council was in session and little progress had been made so far. He knew that Romaleus militarily could do little to engage a completely militarized nation. However, he felt something in his chest that made him feel uneasy. He couldn't sit at this table and know that people were being slaughtered, even if it wasn't in the best interest of his own people. He looked around at ministers and general that were seated ahead of him. They remained silent. “What if we supported Lee, Governor Sternberg seems to be the most sensible of the others? He’s far from being an angel, but he may use diplomacy before nuclear power. It’s a long shoot, but I could get behind him to bring stability back the the region. His real motives are still unclear and the instating of him as dictator of POD could backfire and result in another war, however he is not throwing nuclear weapons around like darts. General Stroman is our biggest threat. He has no sympathy for others and it’s only a matter of time before he attacks Ventismar”

The National Defense Minister stood up, “Well, in theory, we could defeat Stroman. They may have military capabilities that peak ours, but we have the element of surprise. They do not know our loyalties yet and that could be used to our advantage. If a small task force was sent to sabotage and destroy the Renedge nuclear launch sites, they would lose their power. With a swift and precise attack on their superweapon, they would be severely crippled and inevitably would capitulate and surrender. We would not need the approval of Parliament as long as the President and his Ministers declare an unofficial declaration of war for two months stated in Article I, Section XI of the Romalean Parliamentary Constitution. That is enough time to oust Stroman and destroy the rest of the leaders without getting Parliament involved.” The National Defense Minister stood for another few second before slightly bowing and sitting down. Mazzoti looked around the room once more, this time he saw some of the ministers and generals nodding their heads.

To: Governor Sternberg of Lee
From: President Remigio Mazzoti of the Parliamentary Republic of Romaleus
Encryption: MAX

The Parliamentary Republic of Romaleus offers its sympathies to the injustice happening in divided POD. We under the impression that the other leaders of POD are unable to be diplomatic, so that is why we are speaking with you. We believe that unlike General Stroman and the others, you deeply care for the lives of all PODians. We the President and Ministers of Romaleus would like to extend our hand in friendship and hope that you accept. The extent of support Romaleus will send is still unknown but we are hoping to save lives, not take them. If you are successful in your attempts to become leader of united POD, we hope that you can find an ally in Romaleus in the future. We hope that our nations can peacefully coexist and that POD may someday return the favor if need be. We would like to see General Stroman removed from power so that you can reunite divided POD. Our only requests on your part are:

1.) Do not use nuclear weapons under any circumstances, Romaleus will not support any nation that actively uses unconventional warfare.
2.) Do not spread this war beyond that territories of POD
3.) Strive to bring about a swift and effective end to this war, peacefully, if possible.
4.) Prevent this event from repeating in the future. Though you speak of being a righteous man and only wanting the best for your people, we are not completely assured you are telling the truth. If this event occurs again, we may not greet you with open arms. Prove us wrong, prove you do care for your people and others.
Last edited by Romaleus on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents