NATION

PASSWORD

Sun and Steel [FT, OOC/Sign-Up, Semi-Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Communist Xomaniax
Minister

Founded: May 02, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Communist Xomaniax » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:21 am

Hey if anybody wants to know the Ozlukar physiology let me know, I don't really want to shoehorn it into the RP and you guys would realistically be able to pull up Space Wikipedia and find out.
MT: Democratic People's Republic of Phansi Uhlanga
FT: Ozun Freeholds Confederation

tren hard, eat clen, anavar give up
The strongest bond of human sympathy outside the family relation should be one uniting working people of all nations and tongues and kindreds.

Bakra
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:25 pm

So far we have Dimoniqud, Coomunist Xomaniax, and Exilvania. It looks like CASM is still active as well. If someone wants to drop out that's fine, I'd like to know about it sooner rather than later though.

Communist Xomaniax wrote:Hey if anybody wants to know the Ozlukar physiology let me know, I don't really want to shoehorn it into the RP and you guys would realistically be able to pull up Space Wikipedia and find out.

Honestly, I would like to hear it cause I like infodumps.
Last edited by Bakra on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eclius
Senator

Founded: Oct 24, 2015

Postby Eclius » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Bakra wrote:So far we have Dimoniqud, Coomunist Xomaniax, and Exilvania. It looks like CASM is still active as well. If someone wants to drop out that's fine, I'd like to know about it sooner rather than later though.

Communist Xomaniax wrote:Hey if anybody wants to know the Ozlukar physiology let me know, I don't really want to shoehorn it into the RP and you guys would realistically be able to pull up Space Wikipedia and find out.

Been busy with school work recently, I'll make a post asap, either today or tomorrow
We do NOT use NS stats since it's not the most accurate reflection
Eclisian Herald News Network
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Bakra wrote:So far we have Dimoniqud, Coomunist Xomaniax, and Exilvania. It looks like CASM is still active as well. If someone wants to drop out that's fine, I'd like to know about it sooner rather than later though.

I'm active too, it's just that I'm kinda being held back by the space battle with Polis not progressing. I know that there was mention of schoolwork, but it doesn't change that I'm basically held up and unable to post anything.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012

Postby Legatia » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Making a post involving the mining guys, will be up shortly.

What are the defenses currently at the mining rig? Need to know so I don't just waltz right in, beyond the sentries.
Last edited by Legatia on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Eclius wrote:

Been busy with school work recently, I'll make a post asap, either today or tomorrow

No worries, just checking in.

Olimpiada wrote:

I'm active too, it's just that I'm kinda being held back by the space battle with Polis not progressing. I know that there was mention of schoolwork, but it doesn't change that I'm basically held up and unable to post anything.

Understood, I'll shoot Polis a TG and see how he's doing.

Legatia wrote:Making a post involving the mining guys, will be up shortly.

What are the defenses currently at the mining rig? Need to know so I don't just waltz right in, beyond the sentries.

That's Gebeta's department. He posted on the 13th, but been mentioned in the OOC and hasn't replied. I'll check on him as well.

EDIT:

I understand we hit a wall for two reasons: the first is I was out of commission for IRL reasons (yay hurricanes) which caused the RP to bottle up on me (apologies there) and school started for most of us a week or two ago, which throws schedules out of whack. If it seems like I'm pressuring you to post (especially in light of my own absence) I'm not trying to, simply checking in to see how it goes and if you need to tap out.
Last edited by Bakra on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Universal Union of Panhumanity
Attaché

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Universal Union of Panhumanity » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:11 pm

I'll try to get a post in soon as well, although I'm a little bogged down by numerous assignments at the moment.

A 6 Civilisation (or 1.7, depending on your point of view), according to this index.

The Daily Worker: Ministry of Production orders construction of 2000 autonomous shipyards | Flight of the Revolution, depicting the establishment of the Universal Union, set to be released next week | 32nd Strike Fleet established.

Communist Xomaniax
Minister

Postby Communist Xomaniax » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Where would be a good place to make a landing? I'm gonna start rounding up tribals as slaves and go from there.

The strongest bond of human sympathy outside the family relation should be one uniting working people of all nations and tongues and kindreds.

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Communist Xomaniax wrote:Where would be a good place to make a landing? I'm gonna start rounding up tribals as slaves and go from there.

I'd say either between the Vaytis and Nuutho or on the southeast side of the Spine of the Gods. You're going to get a fight though, those dirty tribals sure like to ambush, flay, and generally be a poisonous thorn in whomever sides is most apt.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:32 am

I am generally at a loss of what to do right now to push the ground invasion.
My ground forces are getting decimated by this seismic terror or locked in driving through the deserts and battling gysuik.
Neither of these are right now in any condition to face a well organized and large force or attack a city.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Ok, I have two ideas for that.

1. We RP the Exilvanians fighting the guysik. You'll win most of it considering the speed of your units and air superiority, but its going to be a slog.

2. I like how you opened up some stuff by dropping commandos, we can RP as some action with those guys. I have a few ideas:

a. Go to the mining rig and find the device that decimated the Bakrans
b. Go to the dig site in the Great Reach where Laydach is.
c. Infiltrate one of the surface cities and sabotage the shield generators (it would be tough, but not impossible if you play it right) then proceed to blow it off the face of the earth from orbit (if thats your cup of tea)
d. Assassinate someone. I like Murtaz, Kunius, and the exarch (for now) so I would be making a target for you to pop off.
e. Plant a dirty bomb in a city, watch the horrors that commence as the nuclear fireball is contained within the shields until the underground generators finally give out.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:09 pm

Bakra wrote:Ok, I have two ideas for that.

1. We RP the Exilvanians fighting the guysik. You'll win most of it considering the speed of your units and air superiority, but its going to be a slog.

2. I like how you opened up some stuff by dropping commandos, we can RP as some action with those guys. I have a few ideas:

c. Infiltrate one of the surface cities and sabotage the shield generators (it would be tough, but not impossible if you play it right) then proceed to blow it off the face of the earth from orbit (if thats your cup of tea)
d. Assassinate someone. I like Murtaz, Kunius, and the exarch (for now) so I would be making a target for you to pop off.
e. Plant a dirty bomb in a city, watch the horrors that commence as the nuclear fireball is contained within the shields until the underground generators finally give out.

Ah, see, you're mixing things up slightly.
These are not commandos per se, these are highly mobile, small and for their task well equipped units but they don't necessarily have the Elite status of commandos.
They are more like raiders and bandits behind your line, equipped to deal with smaller threats and groups as well as to be flexible, highly mobile and avoid detection.

Communist Xomaniax
Minister

Postby Communist Xomaniax » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:59 pm

You could also push for D: drop a few multi megaton nuclear depth charges on the arcologies. Even if the shielding manages to withstand that, you could cave the whole trench in on their heads.

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Communist Xomaniax wrote:You could also push for D: drop a few multi megaton nuclear depth charges on the arcologies. Even if the shielding manages to withstand that, you could cave the whole trench in on their heads.

I was thinking of something along those lines as well, but I'd want to do it later in the RP and with a little fanfare. Additionally, it doesn't do much but give us an extra post, doesn't open up a new storyline.

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Ah, see, you're mixing things up slightly.
These are not commandos per se, these are highly mobile, small and for their task well equipped units but they don't necessarily have the Elite status of commandos.
They are more like raiders and bandits behind your line, equipped to deal with smaller threats and groups as well as to be flexible, highly mobile and avoid detection.

Oh, my bad. In that case I can see your raiders fighting some tribals in a badlands type region, get a more character focused storyline going. Or we can RP some night raids and skirmishes if you like.

If you aren't interested in doing any tribal stuff, it wouldn't be out of the question for Murtaz to take advantage of the confusion and launch some probing attacks. Additionally, I can't have one of my fleets engage yours and we can have a good old fashion brawl.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:32 pm

So, out of curiosity, what's the point at which we officially define "inactivity"? Because there's a few people who just aren't posting, and they're holding others up as a result.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

Communist Xomaniax
Minister

Postby Communist Xomaniax » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:46 pm

If Exilvania is interested, I could have the Ozlukar show up at the arcologies. They'd be interested in getting at those 30 million potential slaves. Plus my fleet could intervene in the space brawl.

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012

Postby Legatia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Bakra wrote:Ok, I have two ideas for that.

In regards to the weapon, my post involves going to both possible points and going after the weapon, so that may conflict. I'm still waiting on the defender information.

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Olimpiada wrote:So, out of curiosity, what's the point at which we officially define "inactivity"? Because there's a few people who just aren't posting, and they're holding others up as a result.

Yeah, I know. Trying to be a little flexible on that so I'm not being a hypocrite, but if its approaching two weeks safe to say that they are inactive. If they have posted lets just say they "exited the system promptly" and I'll fluff it up in our AAR. For everyone's convenience below are the lists.

List of inactive people:

Dictatorship of New Larthinia
United Human Planets

Possibly inactive:

United Islands of Polis
Gebeta
Gagium

Active:
Bakra
Communist Xomaniax
Remnants of Exilvania
Dimoniquid
Cyborgs and Sentient Machines
Eclius
Universal Union of Panhuamnity
Olimpiada

"Obervers":
The Interstellar Federation
Paddy O'Fernature

If you are "possibly inactive" I expect some sort of confirmation that you aren't or a respectful "yay I'm out" message (which is encouraged if you've lost interest, otherwise we have to wait on you). If that doesn't come in the next few days then I'll be putting you off and we'll start accepting new people again.

In the event that Gebeta is inactive, we will retcon the mining team to be a different company but still discovered the device (so to not interrupt the plot but respect Gebeta's creation). Either myself or someone else could RP as the discoverers, or I may make the device destroy them so we don't have to worry about that.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:45 am

Communist Xomaniax wrote:You could also push for D: drop a few multi megaton nuclear depth charges on the arcologies. Even if the shielding manages to withstand that, you could cave the whole trench in on their heads.

Exactly. And have the resulting waves and tremors destroy my army...
Bakra wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Ah, see, you're mixing things up slightly.

Oh, my bad. In that case I can see your raiders fighting some tribals in a badlands type region, get a more character focused storyline going. Or we can RP some night raids and skirmishes if you like.

If you aren't interested in doing any tribal stuff, it wouldn't be out of the question for Murtaz to take advantage of the confusion and launch some probing attacks. Additionally, I can't have one of my fleets engage yours and we can have a good old fashion brawl.

Anything really is fine for me. It would be most important for you actually to attack my fleet because much of my ground forces and heavy equipment is still on there. So it would really serve your interest to try and deny me as many first wave forces as possible.

Eclius
Senator

Postby Eclius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:16 am

I am not quite following the story here, what's the artifact or what-so-ever stuff related to archaeology??
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 am

Eclius wrote:

I am not quite following the story here, what's the artifact or what-so-ever stuff related to archaeology??

Arcology. A self-sustaining city.

Eclius
Senator

Postby Eclius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:49 am

Olimpiada wrote:
Eclius wrote:I am not quite following the story here, what's the artifact or what-so-ever stuff related to archaeology??

Arcology. A self-sustaining city.

Huh??

Bakra
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakra » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:52 am

Eclius wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:Arcology. A self-sustaining city.

Huh??

Arcology. It's the underwater metropolis of Kembra.

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Anything really is fine for me. It would be most important for you actually to attack my fleet because much of my ground forces and heavy equipment is still on there. So it would really serve your interest to try and deny me as many first wave forces as possible.

Let's do it. I'll move one of the fleets into position in my next post.

Eclius
Senator

Postby Eclius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:12 am

Underwater metropolis........whatever, I'll just focus on my own business

Communist Xomaniax
Minister

Postby Communist Xomaniax » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:26 am

Hey Eclius if you want we could work together. It would definitely give me an idea of where to start. My only other idea was to attack the Spire of Neyra.

Hey Bakra, what are the orbital defenses of the Spire?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents