NATION

PASSWORD

[SC ONLY] Kaija Rift II, Electric Boogaloo. [IC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Opplandia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Opplandia » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:33 pm

After the ceremony to honor the fallen Pilots, the opplandian tech-crew and Pilots sat together in the common room of their dorm discussing the pale Show of gratitude; making no secret about how distasteful they found it. Some went so far as to openly call it a farce. "I tell you guys, I was close to bursting out laughing" one of technicians said "most countries would have declared those poor sods Heroes; but here?" "I hear you, Tom" another piped up "it could barely have been more idiotical all in all. Even in soviet times, their leaders did better at applauding people who deceased 'heroically'." An approving murmur raised after those words.

When the base-wide Alarm was given the people looked around the table as if asking what to do, not quite sure what they had to expect this time around. "Should we......should we do something? Like, anything?" "Huh well, they didnt call for Deis again, so why?" Some People got a little twitchy in their chairs, obviously eager for some action. "We did manage to bring all systems back to working condition after the kill switch fried them, so maybe we coul...." "Nope."

Silence followed that single word, all heads turning toward the one who just spoke up. "Nope" reapeated Sven Brodén, the informal Senior of the Opplandians at Lion Dome. "if you guys care to remember, that drittsekk made it pretty clear the other day that He wants to be the Boss. So I say we let him. Calm your tits boys and stay here until they call for us; lets see how badly they can mess up." He grinned at everyone in the room and got up from his chair at the large table, before moving over to a couch where he laid down, crossing his arms.
Last edited by Opplandia on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
NS-stats are not used

Asgareth
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 27, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Asgareth » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:30 am

The scrap between the Asgarthian engineers and Gun had ended rather suddenly. The leaked video had distracted the engineers, who abruptly left Gun on his own.

After being disciplined by Adam, and set back to work, the engineers were pleased to hear that they could return to drinking. Of course, Ryla and Rander were still technically banned, much to their annoyance, and whilst the crew would occasionally sneak them a pint of ale, it did little to satisfy them.

Another enjoyable sight, for the Asgarthian engineers at least, was watching Gun clean the Shi'Fei Taouk. Many of the engineers felt a little guilty for their actions, but were pleased to see Gun get punished, after his constant teasing.

For her part, Ryla had received 100 hours cleaning duty in the Asgarthian control room. Petra offered to supervise, mostly just to mock her sister.
“If only you weren’t a raging alcoholic, you wouldn’t be in this mess.”
“Petra, shut it. If you try and get me teetotal once more, I swear I’ll kill you.”
“Ouch. You missed a bit by the way” Petra responded, pointing to a clean spot. “Remember, no stains.”

Rander had received 200 hours cleaning duty, and a rigorous training program as a result of his actions. He was to rise at 4am every morning and do a 10km run before breakfast, followed by two further 10km runs before 6pm.

He had just finished his final run of the day and approached his wife, who had been watching for some time.
“How many more of these stupid runs do I need to do?”
“Well, Adam said at least three more months. And by the sounds of things, he might be increasing the distance soon.”
Before Rander could respond, the sirens began to ring, and an announcement was made.

"Attention. Category Four, designation: Zircon. Two hours to contact in Faustock Bay. Jaegers Noyen-Rak and Macerina report to the six mile line immediately."

Rander yelled out in joy, as he realised he was finally going to fight.
“Get in! I can finally take a Kaija down single handedly.”
“Yes. Except you won’t be going alone will you? I’m there, along with the Myraxians.”
“The Myraxians?” Rander groaned. “Why bother sending them out? They’ll only get in the way. Quick! Let’s get out there before they realise what is happening. With any luck we can defeat the beast before the Myraxians get their laces tied.”

As Rander and Yulni entered the Macerina, they were informed they were heading out first.
“Boom! Let’s show beastie boy just what we can do!” Rander yelled, as he and Yulni put on their harnesses

“Neural link...online” Adam stated. “Macerina, you are good to go. Don’t go too far now. Wait for the Myraxians.”

As the Macerina began the slow walk out into the ocean, the couple cautiously scanned the seas above.

“This is it Yulni! My time!” Rander spoke, as the Jaeger moved forward.
Last edited by Asgareth on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former member of the Sovereign Charter 17.12.2015-10.03.2019; Former member of the Fourth Sovereign Charter 10.03.2019-14.07.2020;
Former wanderer in the wild 15.07.2020-11.01.2023;
Proud member of The Charter 11.01.2023-Present
Drekhi: Asgareth is not a place, it is a vintage

Enfaru
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Enfaru » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:45 am

While the sirens were still sounding and the personnel still rushing around the Faræ found themselves ignoring the ongoing proceedings for the moment, but they were far from slacking they were working almost round the clock on as if they were being paid double for each hours work they did. Scraping, cleaning, refilling, diagnostic tests, were the general rule of the activities, they had no time to pay attention to much else. One in particular though was exhausted from the scraping, the cleaning and the jet washing. He sat himself, in the bar and allowed himself the luxury of being able to gaze at something other than rows upon rows of pipes and wires. Rows of bottles of alcohol instead, a much more appetizing out lay.

The fortunate thing about this bar, was that if you asked nicely, well that meant pay more, then the kitchen staff would bring you food. He ordered himself a plate of roasted haebur and steamed chadi, to which he received blank stares. Haebur was a type of fruit that resembled a pear crossed with a melon but instead of a sweet or acidic flavour, it bore a closer resemblance to a potato, as such Haebur needed to be cooked and were often served mashed, roasted or chipped. A distinctive speckled golden red flesh made it quite popular especially among children. Chadi on the other hand was a sea plant, carnivorous and fed mostly on shrimp, that's why its flesh was a soft pink. Fortunately the red hue was often broken up with sides of vinegar'd seaweed and yellow peppers. It was a Faræ dish unfortunately and that meant it didn't exist here but he was too tired to remember that immediately. Instead he ordered something else, "Fish and chips, extra pepper, hold the salt. While I wait, I think I'll have one of-"

"No you won't." Came a familiar voice as she walked into the bar, Stera, the master teetotaller, "You'll have one of those instead." She pointed a little lower to a dark ale, "Drinking brandy with Fish and Chips is a waste." The she nodded to the bar tender who poured her a sparking grape drink, non alcoholic for her, she wasn't eating yet but she was in the mood for something different at any rate. Gun nodded his approval gesturing that the barstool next to him was open.

"What did you find out?"

"I found out the Valyrisk feel as though they were forced to take a sucker punch and there are a lot of rumours from the lower ranks that they feel they don't belong here."

"Not my problem?" Stera nodded and took a sip of her drink, "They're pulling out?"

"Hard to say, it's not like they have a Jaeger to use." Gun found that hard to believe. The Valyrisk were the key weapon developers of the local region, they often built the best and most horrifying weapons even if they were over priced and hard to obtain. Not having another Jaeger program? Pull the other one. Still, if they were pulling out for other reasons then they'd have a great excuse right here that the Iryllian's couldn't plausibly deny without screwing over their contacts. For a moment she thought about something and then decided that she should say something, "The video went down well."

"Oh?"

"The lower ranks would scarcely admit it, but they have a sense of humour, but you know how dark that can be. The upper ranks, looks like some of them were sent into fits of rage. Complaints were filed."

Gun laughed but now it was his turn to yield information that he'd found out, "The atmosphere has lightened up since the brawl, the Asgarthians are getting alcohol rations again... but it's the Opplandians I'm concerned about. They haven't ventured out of their dorms outside of practice drills. This is the second call and they've pretty much been ignored and getting information out of their engineers is like getting blood from a stone."

"Have you tried a female one?"

Gun threw her a sideways glance and right at that moment his food was served.
Sovereign Charter Quick Links
Factbook · Role-plays · RMB · Map (Origin | Quantum) · Chat · Members: 73
Myraxia: One does not learn to GM; One throws oneself in and prays they don't fuck up too badly.
Game Master
Founder of the Sovereign Charter,
4th President and,
Tutor of the College of Theatrics

Myraxia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Myraxia » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 am

"Attention. Category Four, designation: Zircon. Two hours to contact in Faustock Bay. Jaegers Noyen-Rak and Macerina report to the six mile line immediately."

The blaring sirens roused Aryn Rynakael from his slumber with a jolt, narrowly avoiding hitting his head on the bunk above. His sister, already zipping up her interface suit across the room, grinned at his close shave. "Come on, Aryn, what took you so long? "
"Screw you, sis. I was enjoying that dream. "
"I won't ask. Anyway, come on, suit up. We're deploying, along with that impulsive child of an Asgarthian. Category 4. "
"Cat 4? Damn. Alright, let's go. " He forced himself out of his bunk.

"Control to Nought-Three-One, begin launch checklist. "
"Copy Control, beginning checklist now. Reactor output at... 98%. "
"Servo Actuators fully functional. "
"Weapon check. Plasma lines clear. "
"Guidance system pinging true. "
"Control copies all, Nought-Three-One. Data link confirmed. "
"Noyen-Rak, ready to launch. "

The sleek bulk of the Myraxian Jaeger moved from it's berth with ponderous steps, moving out into the surf. "Control, Nought-Three-One moving to six-mile line. "

"Wait, where's the Macerina? "
"Hold on. " Alys sent out a ping on the active radar, cursing under her breath when she read the result. "
"Macerina is already moving out. Looks like they decided not to wait the minute or so it took us to get out here behind them. "
"Guess we'll be cleaning up their mess, then. As ever. "

The Noyen-Rak moved out after the Macerina, weapons tracking and sensors actively scanning for any sign of the beast.
Veteran of the Sovereign Charter. A founding member of The Fourth Sovereign Charter.

Current Alert Level: Status 1

Status 5: Standing Defense Forces
Status 4: Partial Mobilization
Status 3: Active Conflict, foreign soil
Status 2: Possible homeland threat
Status 1: Confirmed homeland threat, large scale mobilization.
Status 0: Full mobilization

Myraxia is a hyper-industrialized Military Junta on the Eastern Coast of Rusina, located in the Sovereign Charter, though it maintains security zones and military facilities all over the world. It is a founding member of the Extended Security Zone pact.

Previous

Return to International Incidents