NATION

PASSWORD

A Time To Act [earth 2]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Riveara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

A Time To Act [earth 2]

Postby Riveara » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Prince Constantijn Christof Frederik Aschwin was pacing back and forth inside the royal palace muttering to himself things like “How could that incompetent man deny me my right to the throne.” and “After all I have done to keep this country from getting blown off the map by real powers.” When his closets friend, Jacques de Fariaux walked into the room the prince was pacing in.

“Stop being a little bitch and do something about it” His friend said after he listened a bit to what the prince was muttering to himself.

“What can I do, he is my father and my countries leader. I'm not going to stage a coup against him.” He lied, when secretly he was already plotting the coup against his father. The man who, in his eyes, singlehandedly denied Riveara from becoming the powerful state it now never shall be.

“Well who says you have to take such drastic measures to gain the title that was promised to you weeks ago. He is old, and he will die eventually. Just wait till that happens, then you will get the title of king of Riveara.” Jacques said to Constantijn in an optimistic tone hoping it might cheer him up.

Prince Constantijn didn't respond, he just sat down on a large chair and looked out the window of the lavish royal palace that was his home. “If only...” he began to say, but didn't finish. His thoughts though were racing though with the “If only...” and “What if...” scenarios that continued to come up as his friend left the room to get something to eat. When finally, he knew what he had to do to keep Riveara from imploding.
Last edited by Riveara on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dutch Unitary Republic (earth 2)
Head of state:
King Constantijn Christof Frederik Aschwin
Head of Government:
Chancellor Maxime Verhagen of the Netherlands
Chancellor Dennis van Uhm of Belgium and Luxembourg
Chancellor Johan Willem Friso of Indonesia

Riveara
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riveara » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:54 am

"You know the plan boys, lets finally carry this out while we still have the opportunity." An unknown ominous man wearing dark clothing said to 3 other equally shady characters who were working with him. The four men, originally watching a rally being staged by King Johan Friso, began dispersing among the crowd of people their to support their head of state.

While the King was on his rounds doing his usual routine of shaking a few hands and kissing a few babies, the four dark figures in the crown trying to blend in, all rushed his royal highness from all four sides brandishing large knifes. The first man to get within stabbing range, being very tall, was an easy target for the Kings bodyguards. 3 shots rang out as he fell to the ground in a pool of his own blood, and so was the fate of the other men who tried so valiantly to kill the leader they hated so.

After the king was rushed to his staff car, he began to recover from his major ordeal, and sitting near him was his closest aid, Juliana Wilhelmina. She didn't say anything to him, and he didn't say anything to her. It was an awkward and fast car ride to the palace where a lone gunman on a nearby building finally got his chance to shine. He noticed the king exit his staff car, and begin walking to the palace. Taking aim and holding his breath, he squeezed off a round that penetrated the kings head.

"No more would we have to worry about that tyrant" he muttered to himself after the king fell to the ground. He grabbed his side arm, and put it to his head. As soon as the police arrived on the roof of the building, he pulled the trigger. The king was dead, leaving his only heir, Prince Constantijn Christof Frederik Aschwin, the only leader of Riveara.
Head of state:
Head of Government:

Riveara
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Riveara » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:17 am

National Rivearan News special announcement:

We are at the royal palace where the body of the late king Johan Friso was found lying on the ground dead from a bullet wound in his head. Reports are sketchy, but we heard that when police got up to the building they saw the shot come from, the gunman killed himself to not be identified or questioned.

The Death of the king has sparked riots all throughout the netherland and belgium, causing the Prince, now given the title of Prince Regent until the correlation ceremony, to declare a state of emergency. Lock down on every city in Riveara is officially underway and the military is on full deployment. We will keep you apprised as long as we can, now back to your regularly scheduled...

"Well isn't that great, my fathers supporters are saying I did it and my supporters are saying I didn't. It is causing riots and I cannot do anything but lock down the country to keep the civil strife from spreading to neighboring countries." The prince said as he turned off his television and stood up. He walked around his desk in silence, with his friend watching. His friend, having a slight suspicion that the prince ordered the hit, was not too happy about it, but he wasn't going to voice his opinion since it wouldn't matter.

"Well..." Jacques de Fariaux piped in to try and make the prince feel less stressed "...I believe that this may go on for a few days before the situation works itself out. Then you can do whatever you want, you'll be the king." But the only response Prince Constantijn gave him was a grunt. "I'm going to leave, let you work this out on your own" Jacques said as he left the prince's new office.

Amsterdam, 3:64, A large demonstration against the new prince began to form near the royal palace. The people who supported the new prince, couldn't help but notice the gathering take place, and decided to intervene. The gathering, once peaceful, quickly escalated into a full scale riot as the two sides clashed on the streets.

The riot police, heavily out manned, called in the support of soldiers from the 2nd Internal Security Division of the Army of the Netherlands. These men started taking up positions in and around the mobs of people, waiting for the go ahead to make their move to support riot police if necessary.

The Riot police, marching in total unison towards the riot began shooting teargas and rubber bullets, causing many men to run for the hills. The teargas was enough to gain the upper hand against the rioters since it blinded many of them. Although many dissidents came armed with assault rifles and other weapons attempting to voice their opinion by the barrel of the gun.

The small amount of rioters with guns charged the police, only to find themselves facing the Rivearan armed forces. The Rivearan soldiers were not happy to get fire upon, pissing them off enough to kill everyone who had a gun. Collateral damage was high, not only did the rioters kill many civilians during the riot, the gunfight caused many stray bullets to go wildly flying into homes. After the dust settled, 163 people lay dead and 622 were wounded.
Head of state:
Head of Government:

Return to International Incidents