NATION

PASSWORD

State Visits to Covonant (IC, TWI ONLY, CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eutriston
Envoy

Founded: Jun 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:08 pm

"That's the smoothest talk I've had in half a year," William said jokingly, "Thank you again for allowing me to come here, it's been a pleasure. The cooperation is almost shocking. I should get back to the manor as you said though, and prepare"

BEFORE THE BANQUET

William had enjoyed his visit so far, no doubt, but it had been somewhat shallow. Polished and pretty, media at everything, William wished for just to have a casual conversation, him and Gais, that's all. Giving a small tug on his lapel, William was ready for the banquet. Walking away from the mirror in his room, through his door, down the hallway, to the door, and out to the car, William began methodically planning how to conversate with Gais, and what was essential enough to bring up.
Last edited by Eutriston on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capitalism is Much Superior Commie
No Nationstates Stats Used
Proud Member of The Western Isles
Former Member of the Information Committee of The Western Isles
Former Senator of The Western Isles
Former Chief Justice of the Western Isles

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Night had fallen rather quickly and the state dining room was prepared in the cultural style of Eutriston. The prime minister and his wife had been getting themselves prepared as they were expecting the Eutriston Archream to be arriving soon.

Minutes passed and as they completed their preparation for the banquet had that started to go down to the dining room. Guest at this time was still making their way to the Palatine Manor including the main guest of the night the Archream of Eutriston William James.

"Sir Mr. James will arrive on the next 5 minutes shall we go down to receive him" asked the aide

"Yes let's." The PM responded surprised at how early Mr. James had arrived. He thought in the meantime he would invite Mr. James to his study for a more personal and relaxed conversation.

The car slowly approached to the feet of PM Gais and his wife. Mr. James quickly got it and shook the Prime Minister's hand.

"Mr. James welcome again, it is always a pleasure. I must express that you are rather early. "
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:26 am

"Early is on time," William said wistfully, "But I must say thank you for this visit. It has been great. Anyways, how's your tenure as Prime Minister been?"

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Mr. Gais shook the hands of Mr. James and gestured to Mr. James to follow him as he led the way. While walking towards the lounge, which is the room in the Palatine Manor where the Prime Minister and foreign dignitary can be more informal and relax, the Prime Minister engaged in a conversation with Mr. James.

"We here in Covonant respects punctuality, so I am pleased with your eagerness to be punctual. I must say that being Prime Minister, I know only less than two weeks now all feels surreal. I mean i am honored to serve in this post but a week in and there are so many issues to respond to. Crisis in Travencia, trying to maintain peace in Covonant's backyard primarily with Ventlimer, and trying to place myself in a role that many think I will fail in, and one where many wish I would fail. And it's only been a week Mr. James. I am just pleased to know one foreign leader is capable of forging his own views on me and not be influenced by the media or foreign governments." Expressed PM Gais who was clearly showing a more true relaxed nature that many foreigners would be shocked to see that even though he may have been vocal and unorthodox during his campaigns, he was still human with feelings and concerns, and wanting to overcome them.

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 pm

"I've never seen you as the incompetent hot head that others see you as, because seven years ago that's exactly what everyone saw me as. What they lose in translation is the thought that maybe our hotheadedness is not that, but rather a certain toughness required for any standing on the international level. I believe that's why I see you as such a welcoming and refreshing presence. Leftists are benevolent in their passiveness, but it also declares them. That's what me and you have. We have teeth. A certain willingness to get a little gritty," William said changing subjects, "But I digress. Speaking of your neighbor, mark my words, if massive interstate war occurs, it starts only but a few dozen miles here. Do you have any things to combat that?"

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:52 am

The Prime Minister and the Eutriston Archream having reached the lounge, sat down and continued their private conversation.

"Mr. James that's the last thing I would want is war right near Covonant, and so early in my post as Prime Minister. My best bet is to use Covonant's economic influence and hope for our ultimatums are win without any blood shedding if that fails I will not hesitate to use military force to ensure peace remains in the Mesder."

Prime Minister Gais clearing showing signs of stress took out a cigar from the box that was on the lounge table and poured himself a cup of Covonant's finest made brandy.

"Do you drink Mr. James. It's of the finest Covonantian quality or perhaps smoke, it's of alright quality from Ventlimer"asked Pm Gals.

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:06 am

William gave a hearty laugh to Gais' last remark, then said, "I'll go for a bit of brandy, I don't smoke so I must gratefully refuse. If I were to have to manage a border like yours, I think I would aim for a policy of deescalation, not exactly conceding, but rather not playing the oh so common game of who can release the most threats. But alas, what is the state of Imperatus and the opposition?"

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:58 pm

Crassus Gais pondered for a moment before responding as he poured some brandy for the Eutriston Archream.

"Covonant has embarked on deescalation tactics in most instances in our practicing of preventive diplomacy, I'm not sure if it would work in this case. I'll leave it to the experts to explore if that's best. As for Imperatus and the opposition, they have a busy week ahead as the Consul our Parliament will be holding hearing sessions on the former administration actions so that should be fun. I'm pleased to see that they have accepted defeat nobly. How is the political scene in Eutriston, is it anything close to Covonant's. Forgive my ignorance but with no other administration openness to your country I haven't gotten the privilege of knowing more about your country" the PM said embarrassingly.

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:22 pm

"No shame in that, Eutriston's removed presence in the isles is almost by design, a certain avoidance of foreign scrutiny. Eutriston, although not systemically, is dominated by two major parties, the liberals and the conservatives. While the Archream does not have to comply with any party, we inherently have to choose who to ally ourselves with to achieve the votes that are necassary to the passage of any bill. Although I am a monarch, I am not absolute, it hasn't been that way since the 1870s. I am elected, although to an extremely long term in comparison to others. Eutriston is an extended democracy, but I guess it is easier to right us off as a monarchy for the statisticians. In a way the minority leader of the parliament is the Archream that could be but wasn't. Zac Elisas currently fills that role and has for years, though the liberals seem to be in a bit of a crisis now. At the end of the day, a Eutristinians loyalty is to the Archream and army, not in politicians, so the dialogue never gets too heated. Unlike the rest of the region, though, which seems so prone to splintering and division. Covonant has played a big role in stability though, and that is what piques my interest."
Last edited by Eutriston on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Crassus listened with great interest to Mr. James has he explained his country's political system. He could see side similarities with Covonant.

"I notice a few resemblance to Covonant's political system Mr. James. In Covonant you would be the President but you are not expected have a political preference, as the government is formed and conducted in your name.

Mr. James are your hoping for your country to play a more active role regionally? "Asked PM Gais.

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:56 pm

"Eutriston has never been humanitarian, the general attitude is 'do it yourself,' and honestly I can't blame them. We went through living hell to establish ourselves so when our countries start bailing themselves out with foreign investments it hits a nerve with us. I guess it's incompassionate, but that's who we are. We also value the family though, so I guess that is the one area that you will see softness. I've never planned for regional dominance or tried to become a war mongeror, but it's definitely enticing to increase influence no doubt," William said taking a swig of his brandy, "You weren't lying when you said it was of excellent quality, I wonder how old it is. I'll let you in on a little secret though, I might as well after all it's me and you now isn't it? If you've noticed Eutriston has been a bit more active in the League as of late. We're dipping our toes in the international waters. So far we've been held to pretty high acclaim, but I can't see the Svalbardians losing the secretariat anytime soon. And the League is a bit of a pushover. So we may look to other options or we may not. What do you think?"

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:34 am

Prime minister Gais was captivated by how much he was learning on a country almost isolated from Covonant. He was also pleased that Eutriston had similar views about the league that he held.

"I am pleased to know you are enjoying the brandy Mr. James. I believe that brand had been stored on the Palatine collections for over 30 years. It's very expensive one I couldn't afford personally, so it's the finest luxury as Prime Minister i am granted. My views on the league is a personal one. Quite frankly i am not to interested in it. I don't think Covonant needs to be a part of it. We can conduct our affairs without other states telling us when or how we should do it, but Covonant plays a committed role to the league and I would not disrupt it, what i do intend to do however is to change the ambassador to the league what i can feel more confident in representing the interest of my government"

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:56 pm

"The League is just a massive tool of westernization now anyways, but I guess I just smile and wave and go on with my day. But now that I say that, Crassus, if I may call you that, do you really despise communism with gusto, or do you see it as but another ideology? You can feel free to call me William, by the way."

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 am

Though Gais had revealed much about himself towards Mr. James, he knew the question he asked, the answer must not show his true thoughts for no one in Covonant, not even his own wife knows his true feelings towards Communism.

"I truly despise it William. It's an ideology that serves no place in out region and more so the threats they pose to liberal societies such as Covonant must be dealt with and they contained. I believe my party was voted into power because Covonantians want something to be done about." Crassus expressed. Deep down he could care less about communism he just wanted to ensure Covonant's influence in Communist states and know with their closed society it may pose a challenge.

"What about you William, what are your thoughts on Communism? Asked Gais

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:47 am

"Unlike most of the region, Eutriston really isn't dedicated to the Western nor Eastern culture. We kind of float in the middle, not really standing for either, only for ourselves. New Aapelistan is an extremely close neighbor of mine, and not to mention an enormous market. We had planned an oil pipeline last year, and it's been completed for about a month, but I haven't announced it, as the situation with them continuously worsens. At the time of planning of course IW2 was on, but the condition of the pipeline is nothing goes through it till the war's end. I myself recognize the EUSR, but the nations official stance is ambiguous. It's been interesting to say the least. That is why I don't truly believe in the League. It's a continuous popularity contest which nurtures the most extreme of views. I think something new is needed, like a multinational non-aggression pact."

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

"Well Covonant does not recognize the EUSR and under my administration will most likely never. In fact I will be making my foreign policy toward the EUSR to be properly expressed. Covonant wants a change in government in that country and will not stop until we get what we want. They are a threat to us and our allies and we must ensure that any threat to Covonant is reduced. A non aggression pact in my eyes is something Covonant can't support, we are not trustworthy of both Bhikkustan who threatened to destroy western nations directly or New Aapelistan who had constantly refused to cooperate with Covonant and her allies. These pass mischievous behaviour cannot be forgotten. Covonant to remain relevant in today's Western Isles must ensure her security and that is what I intend to do. I believe of you persuade your nation to join Covonant and her allies effort your investment in New Aapelistan may be fast tracked.

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:38 pm

"I don't recognize the EUSR out of respect, rather out of pragmatism. One can simply not deny some sort of alliance exists between both Bhikkustan and New Aapelistan, if one is attacked the other will respond, that cannot be denied. Instead of complicating my train of thought, it is easier for me to simply think 'EUSR'. It is laziness, but it is also a minor thing as that is only relevant to me, as the government has not been obligated to any stance under my order. The non-aggression pact I talked of was not between the communists and the west, but rather within the west itself, as there seems to be a bit of a splinter. Being the de-facto head nation of C6 and the CU, how do you feel the tensions between yourselves and MSTO have gone?"

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 am

I respect your nation's position on the EUSR and while respecting it, Covonant will pursue her interest and conduct her role the best way the administration thinks she can. As it concerns the MSTO, personally I'm not to liken it that organisation as they seem counter productive to Covonant's goals, do I want a rift in relation between Covonant and the MSTO, surely not. But Covonant is in a predicament as our neighbour Ventlimer is associated with them. I don't want a conflict between them and is, and the thought of conflict is present in all our minds. I want peace in the Mesder but Covonant will not back down from a fight if it is being pursued. But for now there seems to be a level of tolerance for each other at the moment, but how long will it last in not certain. Tell me Mr. James, who do you support more, the MSTO or the C6?

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:11 pm

"As you know Eutriston is not involved in anything besides the League internationally, going back to our semi-isolationist stance on the world. Out of MSTO and C6, I think C6 has to be more respected on my part. Where as the lines of MSTO are clean cut where the alliance ends, C6 goes into the CU, and beyond. There is much more reach in them. And MSTO has taken a more warish stance on things from the get go. Speaking of international politics, I am sure you will have plenty of nations lining up to visit you now that you're elected."

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:54 am

"Well another view we share in common concerning MSTO. The protocol department constantly informs me of state visit request but I'm not too eager to travel much. My goal is to focus on domestic affairs mostly but don't get me wrong I want to maintain Covonant's influence and diplomatic relations."

As the Prime Minister paused to sip his brandy and puff his cigar, a knock was heard on the door.

"Enter " the pm shouted

"Sir the banquet is about to start and both your presence are requested" said the aide
"Very well. Mr. James, it seems the party wishes to be started " the pm expressed as birth men left the room still engaging in conversation.

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:25 am

"I guess our conversation must come to an end. Undoubtedly once the banquet starts we will have little time for conversation. I guess I should leave you with this, though. Now that you are Prime Minister, the same people that swore against you in private will now put on a masquerade as they come and visit you, they will try to look as if they are on your side. I just want to inform you of my personal point of view, these people would not bat on eye if Imperatus was to gain control again, in fact some would celebrate. I've seen you as the best way for Covonant since before the election, you and I are birds of a feather, we're of the same type. I do not think you are dispensable. If you at anytime need me, simply give me a call, I'm here for you. My thoughts about you do not change from place to place. You and I are two men on the same team. I just hope we can team up and do something meaningful together," William said as they walked to the banquet.

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Crassus was pleased but at the same time surprised that a foreign representative saw his worth. He may not express it openly but it bothered him dearly of the way in which his victory was received around the region. Even though he invited numerous heads of state to his inauguration he still felt a sense of distrust towards them. He saw in Mr. James a confidant and a man he hoped to call friend for it is no secret that Eutriston was the few states that was not alarmed by his victory.

"Thank you Mr. James, your words and advice are well appreciated. And I shall take you up on that offer. I know not many states have faith in me but i won't be bothered. I am pleased to know of your endless support" responded Crassus as they stood at the door awaiting their announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the most honourable, Crassus Gais. Prime Minister" announced the announcer at which Mr. Gais entered the state dining room where he sat by his wife who was already present.

"Ladies and gentlemen, His Excellency, the honourable William James, Archream of Eutriston" at which Mr. James entered the state dining room and between Prime Minister Gais and Mrs. Gais. After indulging in small talks and eating the food laid out both men prepared to make their final speech. Crassus stood and went first.

"To His Excellency, the honourable Seneca Gauis, President of Covonant. The honourable Imperatus Marl, leader of the opposition, members of Parliament, members of the diplomatic corps, business leaders, ladies and gentlemen, good night. It is with great joy that i could host my first state visit to Covonant of the Archream of Eutriston, Mr. William James. Not only did this serve as my first state visit but it served as the first official of a representative from Eutriston. Mr. James and i have both agreed on forming relations between both our countries. I have enjoyed the discussions with held both of public and in private. I can say from this visit, Covonant has not only made a new ally on whom we can rely on but for me personally a new friend. I believe this visit can show the detectors both here in Covonant and foreign that my administration respects and continues our practice of diplomacy which many believed i would put a stop to. But enough about me. We are here tonight to celebrate a successful visit and the start of new beginnings for both Covonant and Eutriston. Please be of standing has we raise a toast to our honoured guest. To Mr. James." Crassus sipped on the champagne and then took his seat signaling to William that he had the floor to make his final speech.

Eutriston
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eutriston » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Seeing that it was his turn to make a speech, William arose and walked to the podium. Upon arriving, he tapped the surface with his fingernails in a rolling motion. He then cleared his turkey and proceeded to speak.

"What a banquet we're having tonight!" William said with bravado to the collective cheers of the crowd, "It's been a great night, and undoubtedly a great visit. What we've accomplished in these few short days, to answer back to my opening address, has indeed been nothing short of paramount. What we have done is forge a friendship for the ages. I've had calls from home off the hook telling me how well the visit is being received, and many speaking on how impressed they are with the new Prime Minister, and more importantly my friend, Crassus Gais. I don't know if you know this about us as a people, but foreigners are general not seen as such a good thing. It's unparalleled to have such great reception of a new friend back home. Truly, truly is. What's to come in this region will never be certain, but what is will be Covonant and Eutriston's continued dedication to another. This is a friendship that will bear fruit, not shallow public relations. Upon returning home, continued construction of the deals made here will continue and eventual implementation. But what has been made here is much more than a few deals. A friendship has been made here. And I thank you all for that. This visit truly has been great. Thank you to all of Covonant, and thank you Crassus."

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:22 am

Following the ending of the Archream of Eutriston had the national anthem of both countries were played, signalling the end of the banquet and the state visit if Eutriston to Covonant.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain standing as the official parties leave the banquet hall" announced the announcer.

Prime minister Gais escorted Mr. James to the west wing of the Palatine Manor to a waiting motorcade. Mrs. Gais also accompanied them.

"It was a privilege hosting you Mr. James. And we must remain in constant communication." Expressed Crassus as he shook the hand of Mr. James. Mr. James then proceeded to kiss Mrs. Gais on both cheeks after which he entered the waiting vehicle bond for CIGA to depart for Eutriston.

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 pm

END OF STATE VISIT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents