NATION

PASSWORD

Basrani Civil War: Escalation [Closed/OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Radimostan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:43 am

Well, he did not post any reaction to your post in IC, so we can not say what he did.

THE IN-CHARACTER NAME IS RADITIA, NOT RADIMOSTAN

Shaochun
Attaché

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:46 am

Radimostan wrote:Well, he did not post any reaction to your post in IC, so we can not say what he did.

Misleading bombers after the attack? That comes rather close to godmodding imo.

Radimostan wrote:
Shaochun wrote:
My attack isn't over, Not yet ;).

The things that destroyed the missile destroyers were only missiles from 15 bombers. There are still 40 more planes armed with missiles that are going to attack the rest of the ships once you respond.

Ehhh... You attacked these ships at least 1 900km away from your base, but J-31 has max combat range 2 000km (even with additional fuel tanks), so now you definitely need to refuel back in your base.

Unfortunate, but sacrificing 40 fighters might be better than having to deal with five helicopter carriers in the future.
CELESTIAL EMPIRE OF SHAOCHUN
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

BULLETIN OF THE COURT: BREAKING NEWS - Communist Yamato rebels attack District 7 Police Headquarters, many feared killed as rebels take the building and hold hostages. Imperial Armed Forces and local police enforce martial law in District 7, 8 and 6 after being dispatched to resolve the crisis. | Land prices in Xinjang at an all-time low. | Microcommuters from the Xinjiapo Territory banned from entering the Malaysian Federation after the Empire's covert support for Sabah, Sarawak and Brunei was discovered.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:55 am

Shaochun wrote:
Radimostan wrote:Well, he did not post any reaction to your post in IC, so we can not say what he did.

Misleading bombers after the attack? That comes rather close to godmodding imo.

Well, your post ends with bombers firing rockets. Furby can still say that all rockets hit nothing.

The 400km is still a huge distance for fighters and bombers to see targets or to detect targets with their radars.

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:00 am

Radimostan wrote:
Shaochun wrote:Misleading bombers after the attack? That comes rather close to godmodding imo.

Well, your post ends with bombers firing rockets. Furby can still say that all rockets hit nothing.

The 400km is still a huge distance for fighters and bombers to see targets or to detect targets with their radars.

At Mach 3.5? I doubt the rockets can magically not hit anything in it's path.
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

BULLETIN OF THE COURT: BREAKING NEWS - Communist Yamato rebels attack District 7 Police Headquarters, many feared killed as rebels take the building and hold hostages. Imperial Armed Forces and local police enforce martial law in District 7, 8 and 6 after being dispatched to resolve the crisis. | Land prices in Xinjang at an all-time low. | Microcommuters from the Xinjiapo Territory banned from entering the Malaysian Federation after the Empire's covert support for Sabah, Sarawak and Brunei was discovered.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:03 am

Shaochun wrote:
Radimostan wrote:

Well as I said if Furby misleads your aircrafts to the wrong location.

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:05 am

Radimostan wrote:
Shaochun wrote:

Well as I said if Furby misleads your aircrafts to the wrong location.

Do you mean the missiles or the aircraft?

If Furby misleads the aircraft now, what good would it do?
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:12 am

Now?

The problem is you did not even give Furby time to react. Furby also has a base in Djibouti and if the crew of that base is not completely mentally ill, they would report fifty-five objects launching from your base and heading towards their ships. So I think that Furby has right to mislead your aircrafts retrospectively.
Last edited by Radimostan on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Basran
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 am

Radimostan wrote:Now?

The problem is you did not even give Furby time to react. Furby also has a base in Djibouti and if the crew of that base is not completely mentally ill, they would report fifty-five objects launching from your base and heading towards their ships. So I think that Furby has right to mislead your aircrafts retrospectively.

Furby cannot mislead his aircraft though. He can try to, but thats down to the discresion of Shaochun. The planes own radar can easily detect the ships once in sufficient radar range and the missiles can guide themselves to the target. If Shaochun already had a general idea of the route they would be taking (which might not be too hard considering satellites are a thing) then it would be even harder to mislead them.

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:38 am

My post will be up tomorrow, god willing. Finally back from holiday.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:43 am

Basran wrote:
Radimostan wrote:Now?

Furby cannot mislead his aircraft though. He can try to, but thats down to the discresion of Shaochun. The planes own radar can easily detect the ships once in sufficient radar range and the missiles can guide themselves to the target. If Shaochun already had a general idea of the route they would be taking (which might not be too hard considering satellites are a thing) then it would be even harder to mislead them.

1)He fired the missile from 400km, that's not in range of fighter radar.

2) Satelite can not identify the type of the ship, so if there are more ships in the area (like merchant ships), then good luck.
Last edited by Radimostan on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:47 am

Radimostan wrote:
Basran wrote:Furby cannot mislead his aircraft though. He can try to, but thats down to the discresion of Shaochun. The planes own radar can easily detect the ships once in sufficient radar range and the missiles can guide themselves to the target. If Shaochun already had a general idea of the route they would be taking (which might not be too hard considering satellites are a thing) then it would be even harder to mislead them.

2) Satelite can not identify the type of the ship, so if there are more ships in the area (like merchant ships), then good luck.

Incorrect, systems such as the AN/APG-77 AESA exceed 400km. Also, the ships dont have to br identified. Its trial and error. And in all likelyness, the chances of a group of merchant ships leaving a Furbish military base after their state has explicity announced anti OSAN operations isnt that high.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:50 am

Basran wrote:
Radimostan wrote:

Incorrect, systems such as the AN/APG-77 AESA exceed 400km. Also, the ships dont have to br identified. Its trial and error. And in all likelyness, the chances of a group of merchant ships leaving a Furbish military base after their state has explicity announced anti OSAN operations isnt that high.

1) Using narrow beams I suppose.

2)Then these fighters had to spend some time scouting the area, right?
Last edited by Radimostan on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:53 am

Radimostan wrote:
Basran wrote:Incorrect, systems such as the AN/APG-77 AESA exceed 400km. Also, the ships dont have to br identified. Its trial and error. And in all likelyness, the chances of a group of merchant ships leaving a Furbish military base after their state has explicity announced anti OSAN operations isnt that high.

1) Using narrow beams I suppose.

2)Then these fighters had to spend some time scouting the area, right?

Depends on the general direction the planes went. Its not hard to predetermine the position of your enemy based on the direction they were known to heading & their target destination.

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:54 am

Anyway, from my viewpoint, I think the attack in its current form stands.Those 2 Furbish ships should rightfully, be dead.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:56 am

Ok, then there is a question.

If the Furbish base in Djibouti detected starting aircraft (and realistically they would), they can warn ships and order them to drastically change location.

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:00 am

Radimostan wrote:Ok, then there is a question.

If the Furbish base in Djibouti detected starting aircraft (and realistically they would), they can warn ships and order them to drastically change location.

They could, and probably would. Only problem is that if Shaochun already figured out the general direction they had headed, and with a radar of 400km+, and also considering the speed of a jet fighter versus the speed of a ship... Its not exactly going to do much minus spread their ships out a bit more before the planes fire the missiles.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:04 am

Basran wrote:
Radimostan wrote:Ok, then there is a question.

They could, and probably would. Only problem is that if Shaochun already figured out the general direction they had headed, and with a radar of 400km+, and also considering the speed of a jet fighter versus the speed of a ship... Its not exactly going to do much minus spread their ships out a bit more before the planes fire the missiles.

But if the ships are more than 2000km away then they would have plenty of time.

Also again it is 400km+ but on narrow beams, limiting the area jets can scout.
Last edited by Radimostan on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:07 am

Could I ask a question then?

What is the status of emissions on Furby's ships? Are their radars running, etc.
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:11 am

As of current, I suffer from an inherent lack of information. How far have the Furbish ships traveled? What is a FS-HC9 helicopter carrier? What is a FS-MD8 guided missile destroyer? What are they armed with? etc.

It's not easy if Furby has not stated any information at all about what he has. I have been making assumptions totally in the dark here.
Last edited by Shaochun on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:13 am

Shaochun wrote:As of current, I suffer from an inherent lack of information. How far have the Furbish ships traveled? What is a FS-HC9 helicopter carrier? What is a FS-MD8 guided missile destroyer? What are they armed with? etc.

It's not easy if Furby has not stated any information at all about what he has. I have been making assumptions totally in the dark here.

This is why it is advised to ask questions before you act.
Last edited by Radimostan on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:22 am

Radimostan wrote:
Shaochun wrote:As of current, I suffer from an inherent lack of information. How far have the Furbish ships traveled? What is a FS-HC9 helicopter carrier? What is a FS-MD8 guided missile destroyer? What are they armed with? etc.

This why it is advised to ask questions before you act.

That certainly was a major mistake of mine. Without knowing what Furby has at his base in Djibouti, it's not easy to tell what he is capable of. For all we know, the 'Djibouti Naval and Aerial Base' hypothetically could even just be a small port attached to several helipads.
Last edited by Shaochun on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:23 am

Shaochun wrote:
Radimostan wrote:

That certainly was a major mistake of mine. Without knowing what Furby has at his base in Djibouti, it's not easy to tell what he is capable of. For all we know, the 'Djibouti Naval and Aerial Base' could even just be a small port attached to several helipads.

Chally = "Russia but more powerful"

Furby = US

Basically.
Official Name: ZápadoSłováńský Králevství
Population: 124.480.112

King: Král Michal I Kolovrát
Population growth: 2,3%

Queen: Královna Klaudia Katmařková-Kolovrátová
PPP GDP: 5.848 billion SK (Slavic Krunas)

Heirs: Crown Prince Oleg, Crown Princess Sylvia,
Warsaw Dukess Oksana, Prince of Prague Paveł
Nominal GDP: 3.868 billion USD

Current Royal Family: Kolovrát House
Fertility Index: 2,1 childs per woman

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:26 am

Greater Slavic Union wrote:
Shaochun wrote:
That certainly was a major mistake of mine. Without knowing what Furby has at his base in Djibouti, it's not easy to tell what he is capable of. For all we know, the 'Djibouti Naval and Aerial Base' could even just be a small port attached to several helipads.

Chally = "Russia but more powerful"

Furby = US

Basically.

In that case, my previous assumptions would be, for the most part, correct.
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:29 am

It could also be a modern naval accessible fortress, packed with things that could give your forces a headache, and the men to use them. You never know till you know.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:32 am

Shaochun wrote:
Radimostan wrote:

That certainly was a major mistake of mine. Without knowing what Furby has at his base in Djibouti, it's not easy to tell what he is capable of. For all we know, the 'Djibouti Naval and Aerial Base' hypothetically could even just be a small port attached to several helipads.

Precisely,

But in order to answer one of your questions.

Travel speed of the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer of US navy is 37 km/h. Let's say that speed of Furby ships is similar.

Furby posted about ships leaving the port on 23 Jul, your post about the attack is from 27 Jul.

Thus the ships can be 3 500 km away from the port.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents