NATION

PASSWORD

Basrani Civil War: Escalation [Closed/OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:38 am

Radimostan wrote:
Shaochun wrote:
That certainly was a major mistake of mine. Without knowing what Furby has at his base in Djibouti, it's not easy to tell what he is capable of. For all we know, the 'Djibouti Naval and Aerial Base' hypothetically could even just be a small port attached to several helipads.

Precisely,

But in order to answer one of your questions.

Travel speed of the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer of US navy is 37 km/h. Let's say that speed of Furby ships is similar.

Furby posted about ships leaving the port on 23 Jul, your post about the attack is from 27 Jul.

Thus the ships can be 3 500 km away from the port.

That assumes NS time is real time, which isn't always the case.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Shaochun
Attaché

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:40 am

Just a slight correction, the ships left on the 25th.
CELESTIAL EMPIRE OF SHAOCHUN
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

BULLETIN OF THE COURT: BREAKING NEWS - Communist Yamato rebels attack District 7 Police Headquarters, many feared killed as rebels take the building and hold hostages. Imperial Armed Forces and local police enforce martial law in District 7, 8 and 6 after being dispatched to resolve the crisis. | Land prices in Xinjang at an all-time low. | Microcommuters from the Xinjiapo Territory banned from entering the Malaysian Federation after the Empire's covert support for Sabah, Sarawak and Brunei was discovered.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:41 am

Shaochun wrote:Just a slight correction, the ships left on the 25th.

1776 km

THE IN-CHARACTER NAME IS RADITIA, NOT RADIMOSTAN

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:42 am

Radimostan wrote:

1776 km

That was what I had calculated, yes.

But as Rhinocera has said, it depends if we're strictly following RL time or not.
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

BULLETIN OF THE COURT: BREAKING NEWS - Communist Yamato rebels attack District 7 Police Headquarters, many feared killed as rebels take the building and hold hostages. Imperial Armed Forces and local police enforce martial law in District 7, 8 and 6 after being dispatched to resolve the crisis. | Land prices in Xinjang at an all-time low. | Microcommuters from the Xinjiapo Territory banned from entering the Malaysian Federation after the Empire's covert support for Sabah, Sarawak and Brunei was discovered.

Basran
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:43 am

Radimostan wrote:
Shaochun wrote:
That certainly was a major mistake of mine. Without knowing what Furby has at his base in Djibouti, it's not easy to tell what he is capable of. For all we know, the 'Djibouti Naval and Aerial Base' hypothetically could even just be a small port attached to several helipads.

Precisely,

Travel speed of the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer of US navy is 37 km/h. Let's say that speed of Furby ships is similar.

Furby posted about ships leaving the port on 23 Jul, your post about the attack is from 27 Jul.

Flying at a constant top speed, the J-31 can go 2,200 km in one hour. It has a range of 2,000km (with external fuel tanks) which means refuelling aircraft can service it to reach 3,500km. If the shops are 3,500km away, then they have already overshot Basran by some distance. Thry would be within 400km+ of thr ship in less than 2 hours.

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Radimostan wrote:

1776 km

And if thats the case, Shaochuns planes would be there in less than a hour.

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Basran wrote:
Radimostan wrote:
Precisely,

Flying at a constant top speed, the J-31 can go 2,200 km in one hour. It has a range of 2,000km (with external fuel tanks) which means refuelling aircraft can service it to reach 3,500km. If the shops are 3,500km away, then they have already overshot Basran by some distance. Thry would be within 400km+ of thr ship in less than 2 hours.

^
Last edited by Basran on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 am

Basran wrote:
Radimostan wrote:
Precisely,

No refueling aircraft was send.

And those data are old, now it is 1 776
Last edited by Radimostan on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:45 am

Radimostan wrote:
Shaochun wrote:As of current, I suffer from an inherent lack of information. How far have the Furbish ships traveled? What is a FS-HC9 helicopter carrier? What is a FS-MD8 guided missile destroyer? What are they armed with? etc.

It's not easy if Furby has not stated any information at all about what he has. I have been making assumptions totally in the dark here.

This is why it is advised to ask questions before you act.

Its also the responsibility of the poster to include sufficient information in their posts...

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:46 am

Radimostan wrote:
Basran wrote:Flying at a constant top speed, the J-31 can go 2,200 km in one hour. It has a range of 2,000km (with external fuel tanks) which means refuelling aircraft can service it to reach 3,500km. If the shops are 3,500km away, then they have already overshot Basran by some distance. Thry would be within 400km+ of thr ship in less than 2 hours.

No refueling aircraft was send.

And those data are old, now it is 1 776

Basran wrote:
Radimostan wrote:
1776 km

And if thats the case, Shaochuns planes would be there in less than a hour.
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:47 am

Speaking of posts, think you'll get one up today Basran?

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:50 am

Anyway, I am done arfuing about this, as everyone seems to be forgetting about Rule 1 of this place, As the OP, I'm saying the attack stands, and there is no realisticly plausible way that those 2 ships would be able to fend off all 45 hypersonic sea-skimming AShMs travelling at mach 3.5, they are both sunk, and that is final. The attack stands as it is. If Shaochun needs the oppourtunity to edit in a refuelling op to make it realistic, then so be it. The damage to the other ships is Furbys discression.

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:50 am

Rhinocera wrote:Speaking of posts, think you'll get one up today Basran?

Its half done. I can complete it tomorrow, god willing. Jet lag is killing me, so its unlikely it will be up tonight.
Last edited by Basran on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:51 am

Basran wrote:Anyway, I am done arfuing about this, as everyone seems to be forgetting about Rule 1 of this place, As the OP, I'm saying the attack stands, and there is no realisticly plausible way that those 2 ships would be able to fend off all 45 hypersonic sea-skimming AShMs travelling at mach 3.5, they are both sunk, and that is final. The attack stands as it is. If Shaochun needs the oppourtunity to edit in a refuelling op to make it realistic, then so be it. The damage to the other ships is Furbys discression.

Very well then. I will be making an edit for realism.
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:57 am

Basran wrote:
Rhinocera wrote:Speaking of posts, think you'll get one up today Basran?

Its half done. I can complete it tomorrow, god willing. Jet lag is killing me, so its unlikely it will be up tonight.

Paradoxically, it's better for me... I really can't work on that skirmish rn, and I need to do other stuff... so you just saved me :hug:
Official Name: ZápadoSłováńský Králevství
Population: 124.480.112

King: Král Michal I Kolovrát
Population growth: 2,3%

Queen: Královna Klaudia Katmařková-Kolovrátová
PPP GDP: 5.848 billion SK (Slavic Krunas)

Heirs: Crown Prince Oleg, Crown Princess Sylvia,
Warsaw Dukess Oksana, Prince of Prague Paveł
Nominal GDP: 3.868 billion USD

Current Royal Family: Kolovrát House
Fertility Index: 2,1 childs per woman

Merieu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Merieu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:10 pm

Is it too late to sign up? I'd be interested in joining on the side of the NPA.
The United Chiefdom of Merieu's Factbook | Embassys in The United Chiefdoms of Merieu

Defcon: 5. Peacetime 4. Passive 3. Alert 2. Aggressive 1. Wartime

Current Exchange Rate: $M1 = USD $2.01

Political Compass Results:
Economic Left/Right: 7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:04 am

By the way, did Shaochun equip his aircraft with aa missiles?

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:57 pm

75% done

Shaochun
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Shaochun » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:39 pm

FYI Furby, these planes aren't new, they just chased you down after your 3 ships tried to flee to Mumbai.

Though honestly though, you should have used your VTOLs, SAMs, radar and MANPADs when you first got attacked. It could have saved maybe a ship of yours. I'll be making a post in response in a moment.

Could I just ask what those VTOLs were capable of, and what kind of missiles and MANPADs were fired and the methods of the missiles guidance.
Last edited by Shaochun on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
吾皇萬歲,萬歲,萬萬歲

Basran
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Basran » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:41 am

Alright guys I've hit a major snag irl and I am ordering a temporary pause of the RP until about Wednesday or Thursday (after Shaocun responds too) and thus that is when my post will be up. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you understand.

Radimostan
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:33 am

Basran wrote:Alright guys I've hit a major snag irl and I am ordering a temporary pause of the RP until about Wednesday or Thursday (after Shaocun responds too) and thus that is when my post will be up. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you understand.

No prob

Shaochun wrote:FYI Furby, these planes aren't new, they just chased you down after your 3 ships tried to flee to Mumbai.

Though honestly though, you should have used your VTOLs, SAMs, radar and MANPADs when you first got attacked. It could have saved maybe a ship of yours. I'll be making a post in response in a moment.

VTOLs maybe, but I do not think he had SAMs or MANPADs with a range of 400km. Also, he probably used most of his SAMs to shot down your YJ-12s.

Shaochun wrote:Could I just ask what those VTOLs were capable of, and what kind of missiles and MANPADs were fired and the methods of the missiles guidance.

FI military is inspired by US, thus I suppose VTOLs are F-35s and MANPADs are Stingers.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Basran wrote:Alright guys I've hit a major snag irl and I am ordering a temporary pause of the RP until about Wednesday or Thursday (after Shaocun responds too) and thus that is when my post will be up. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope you understand.

Take care of yourself boss

Furbish Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Furbish Islands » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:09 pm

Radimostan wrote:
Shaochun wrote:Could I just ask what those VTOLs were capable of, and what kind of missiles and MANPADs were fired and the methods of the missiles guidance.

FI military is inspired by US, thus I suppose VTOLs are F-35s and MANPADs are Stingers.

Yes, my military is inspired by the US, but I don't have US equipment. My military uses its own equipment. But the equipment is heavily based on the US's and it is slightly better. The 7 VTOL's do carry enough AA missiles to destroy most if not all the planes, and I doubt they have much chances of surviving with all the SAM's and MANPADS's firing at them.

Also Radimostan, the singlar form is MANPADS, not MANPAD. It stands for man portable air defense system.
Ðe United Provinces and Territories of Ðe Furbiſh Iſlands
Sic semper tyrannis!
Population: 283.503.325
GDP: $10,095 trillion
Currency: Furbish Guilder, ƒ1 = $1,9655
Monarch: Willem van Orange-Nassau
Stadtholder: Adjoa Iſamaan
Prime Minister: Arthur Trudeau

A social liberal Pacific island paradise, formerly a
Dutch, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish colony.
Computer science major and stereotypical nerd.
Russian, born in Israel, currently in
Massachusetts, the best state in the US.

This country is mostly based on my RL beliefs.
FBC News: Dover Man Charged With Assault With Deadly Weapon After Throwing Alligator Through Denny's Drive-Thru Window | Three New High Speed Rail Corridors Clear Environmental Review

San Regada
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby San Regada » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Furbish Islands wrote:
Radimostan wrote:

Yes, my military is inspired by the US, but I don't have US equipment. My military uses its own equipment. But the equipment is heavily based on the US's and it is slightly better. The 7 VTOL's do carry enough AA missiles to destroy most if not all the planes, and I doubt they have much chances of surviving with all the SAM's and MANPADS's firing at them.

Also Radimostan, the singlar form is MANPADS, not MANPAD. It stands for man portable air defense system.

Debatable. SAM's and MANPAD's generally have a much harder time hitting small, fast, low flying objects that are within a close proximity to it. ECM's and Flares are also a thing, and missile count generally doesn't matter. Having a specific number of missiles doesn't mean that every missile will be capable of hitting its target. Your SAM's could be taken out by ARM's or just regular AGM's or even via strafing run, they aren't invincible, nor do they guarantee victory. Your planes are also at a significant disadvantage because you are up against 30 other planes of similar capability, they have the ability to concentrate more firepower and a larger number of planes onto each one of your planes. Don't think you can win so easily.
Last edited by San Regada on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3 BaD mAmI <3
Incorrect spelling... I have Santa Regada for a reason!
Snapchat: You will never know
Discord: TG me for it
Anything Else: See above
Call me R/a/e/yna
Viejo Gringoland (UK)
Soy Colombiana
R E P Ú B L I C A  D E  S A N  R E G A D A
Adelante, madre-patria!—Forward, motherland!

IIWiki||Placeholder||Placeholder||Placeholder

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:41 am

Good lord Ondra... F-35's are literally the worst waste ever approved by a country-s military besides the Maus tank.
Official Name: ZápadoSłováńský Králevství
Population: 124.480.112

King: Král Michal I Kolovrát
Population growth: 2,3%

Queen: Královna Klaudia Katmařková-Kolovrátová
PPP GDP: 5.848 billion SK (Slavic Krunas)

Heirs: Crown Prince Oleg, Crown Princess Sylvia,
Warsaw Dukess Oksana, Prince of Prague Paveł
Nominal GDP: 3.868 billion USD

Current Royal Family: Kolovrát House
Fertility Index: 2,1 childs per woman

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents