NATION

PASSWORD

The New Board of Players (OOC, Signup, FT, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blancpayne
Attaché

Founded: Apr 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Blancpayne » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:24 am

Is Greton a player nation?

Also, aren't Greater Japan's fleets supposed to be absorbed to Blancpayne?
Last edited by Blancpayne on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bonjour, I am Grand Queen Dominique of the Kingdom of Blancpayne, a land of Medieval Society and SciFi Technology, where Knights fights in giant Mechas. They say that Blancpayne is a backwards and archaic nation where feudalism is rooted, I say they're just envious of our beauty and stability.

I look forward being your new neighbor. Cheers to a bright future!

"Trois Royaume Unis"
Blancpayne

Blancpayne
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Blancpayne » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Belgiosweden, want to communicate?
Bonjour, I am Grand Queen Dominique of the Kingdom of Blancpayne, a land of Medieval Society and SciFi Technology, where Knights fights in giant Mechas. They say that Blancpayne is a backwards and archaic nation where feudalism is rooted, I say they're just envious of our beauty and stability.

"Trois Royaume Unis"
Blancpayne

Belgiosweden
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Belgiosweden » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

you want contact?
this is my discord zeretulee#4792
"Hallå, I am King Robert I the Conqueror of Belgiosweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, the collective feudal states of the wandering world, and the collective feudal states of the outer colonies.
Did I mention Feudalism?"

Important note:
This nation embodies the road not taken, most of my technology relies on the rules and principles in the link below https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bel ... /id=860629

Also don't be shy to join the neutral space discord, It's always nice to see new people.
Neutral Space

Blancpayne
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Blancpayne » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Belgiosweden wrote:you want contact?
this is my discord zeretulee#4792

I can't find your in Discord.

"Trois Royaume Unis"
Blancpayne

Vadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Blancpayne wrote:Is Greton a player nation?

Also, aren't Greater Japan's fleets supposed to be absorbed to Blancpayne?

They were.

No, not yet.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

""Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening""

This is also my NPC account.

Belgiosweden
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Belgiosweden » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 am

Prole
your discord link in the OOC doesn't work.
and can you stop changing my map icons on the map, a scout force is not half a fleet.
This is my factbook on my fleets:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bel ... /id=869131
Notice the less than half a fleet that is a scout force.
lucky for me I keep a version for myself (this being the original map seen as I created the thing) and simply update it with the necessary changes.
"Hallå, I am King Robert I the Conqueror of Belgiosweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, the collective feudal states of the wandering world, and the collective feudal states of the outer colonies.

Important note:
This nation embodies the road not taken, most of my technology relies on the rules and principles in the link below https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bel ... /id=860629

Also don't be shy to join the neutral space discord, It's always nice to see new people.
Neutral Space

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Belgiosweden wrote:Prole
your discord link in the OOC doesn't work.
and can you stop changing my map icons on the map, a scout force is not half a fleet.
This is my factbook on my fleets:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bel ... /id=869131
Notice the less than half a fleet that is a scout force.
lucky for me I keep a version for myself (this being the original map seen as I created the thing) and simply update it with the necessary changes.

You changed my half fleets into your scout fleets.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:54 am

I just edited my last post, as I dug up stuff about Arz that was really hard to find and I needed to ground it for the setting.

Blancpayne
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Blancpayne » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Whose turn is it?

"Trois Royaume Unis"
Blancpayne

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Blancpayne wrote:Whose turn is it?

We're waiting on Houseidou, but the forum ate his post a couple days ago. It'll be up soon, hopefully
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:44 am

I am already working out the actions of The Prole Confederation, along with NPC reactions to the moves of all available players.

Houseidou
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Houseidou » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:30 am

Posted.
Here's the new map: https://i.imgur.com/ClxvzSV.png
Also, I apologize, but I made an error on my previous map.
I said I had Task Groups 5.1 and 5.2, but they were really Task Groups 13.1 and 13.2.
Forgot who I brought with me.

Belgiosweden
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Belgiosweden » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Here's my map update:
https://i.imgur.com/jm65mYL.png
Last edited by Belgiosweden on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Important note:

Neutral Space

Belgiosweden
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Belgiosweden » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:24 am

All the interaction between Blancpayne and Belgiosweden starting with:
Far Away, Yet Eerily The Same
Is out of sync with the rest of the RP and will be posted more frequently until the immediate situation ends and it re synchronizes.
Last edited by Belgiosweden on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Important note:

Neutral Space

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:43 pm

My next post is just an addition to my last one, which is too long to add to.

Same time period, perhaps further back in the past.

Pikasistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pikasistan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:27 pm

Credits to Prole for writing Jel'eh'nah. It was an amazing exchange ^^
NSFT player, Member of the OSJ

RETIRED:
Former Commander of the LCA
Former Grey Warden
Former SPSF
Former Middle Council of Gatesvilles Inc member
Last ruler of Gilgamesh

Alignment: Defender, Anti-WA

Blancpayne
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Blancpayne » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:04 am

Whose turn is it?

"Trois Royaume Unis"
Blancpayne

Paleocacher
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paleocacher » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:25 am

Hello. Since this is still open, I am interested in possibly starting. While I work on an application is this still open?
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature
President Clark greets you and invites you to read his factbooks.
The Armed Republic has a large MT/PMT military based off of the current French and American militaries in organization and equipment.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:29 am

Paleocacher wrote:Hello. Since this is still open, I am interested in possibly starting. While I work on an application is this still open?

You seem reasonably educated... Hmmm....

How good is your patience?
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 pm

We are skipping his turn and he has to post twice or some shit to catch up. To fix this, I am giving that person temp plot armor until the second they move.

We are also doing a skip of about a week to a few weeks, during this period none of us touch each other (Aggressively, sex is permitted) and instead we simply get into position, and solidify our gains.
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm

I just patched the rules.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Doppio Giudici wrote:11. Space battles are decided by which side has more fleets in the system for the battle.

Current rules are as follows: If the winning side is less then 150% the size of the losing fleet, the winning fleet is between 50% and 25% damaged for all their fleets involved in the fighting. If they have more then 150%, all of their fleets are 25% damaged, that are involved. If they have 200% the size in fleets, they take so little damage, it's closer to like 12.5%.

If the two sides are even in size, the one that is defending is the one that wins.

Doesn't this interfere with
Doppio Giudici wrote:7. Please be as sportsman as possible, and try to play with heart and/or skill. We are not here to inflate our egos, we are here to tell stories and experience a fair challenge. Be prepared to take losses if you fight people.

Because it seems to me that putting in a system that bases victories entirely on numbers leaves absolutely no room for individuals to shine on the tactical level. A few relevant situations where tiny armies managed to beat hilariously large ones for your reading pleasure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suiyang
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleventh_ ... the_Isonzo (relevant because the attackers had to try eleven times and still couldn't win)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rorke%27s_Drift

What I'm trying to get at here is that there's no point in deciding battles entirely by numbers when there's so many other factors to be considered, plus it makes for far better storytelling when players are actually allowed to fight each other. Kinda like the Houseidans at Iou, for example.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

Pikasistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pikasistan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:09 am

I think it’s to avoid cases of gigaplot armor to happen, I’d use it as a scale not an absolute really. As long as it makes sense and both agree it’s fine
NSFT player, Member of the OSJ

RETIRED:
Former Commander of the LCA
Former Grey Warden
Former SPSF
Former Middle Council of Gatesvilles Inc member
Last ruler of Gilgamesh

Alignment: Defender, Anti-WA

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:24 am

Pikasistan wrote:I think it’s to avoid cases of gigaplot armor to happen, I’d use it as a scale not an absolute really. As long as it makes sense and both agree it’s fine

It doesn't prevent gigaplot armor, but merely replaces it with rule armor that can't be circumvented by clever tactics and use of force multipliers. This is actually a step below dealing with the titular unkillable admiral of many RPs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents