NATION

PASSWORD

Civil War in Natan (RP, IC, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:24 am

Imperial Japanese Occupied Alaska, IJA Special Projects Division Headquarters and Testing Grounds.

Director Kouzuki was quiet pleased with herself to the point of which she locked herself in her office with a bottle of alcohol, her assistant, her own personal living human lab rat and of course the two Imperial Royal Guards assigned to her to insure the lab rat didn't try to turn and bite it's new owner. "This is a victory for Japan, a weapon like this in our hands... Now for as long as I live and breathe... And should I decide it'd be worth the time to have children, Japan and it's territories will be safe from all invaders." Yuuko said taking another drink from her bottle of Sake while Oliver sat on the other side of the desk listening to her go on about her weapon, her pride and joy. the EML-99X. He almost got sick of hearing of it but one thing stuck out in his mind. 'Japan and it's territories will be safe from all invaders.' This played back in his mind over and over again. Japan, and it's territories would be safe from all invaders? What did this mean? What did she mean when she said that. There was something missing here, something he overlooked. "Director Kouzuki?" Oliver asked curiously, looking over at the woman of whom was having strange child's joke glasses with a large nose and moustache put on her by Kasumi which was out of character for her, she usually remained a bit back when not by Director Kouzuki's side, and when she was at Director Kouzuki's side she clung to her like young child with her mother which is how it looked to most others but the answer to that question would surprise many who asked.

"Oh? Sakamoto-kun...? I forgot you even existed. I didn't say anything about any sort of secret national security matters right?" Director Kouzuki asked to which Tsukuyomi Mana yelled across the room. "No ma'am!" Which comforted Yuuko, she was drunk... But not drunk enough to let something slip of which she intended. "Alright what do you want Sakamoto?" She returned to her semi serious attitude taking the child's joke glasses off and putting them in her desk. "Well, you said 'Japan and it's territories will be safe from all invaders.'.." Oliver said to which Yuuko sat back in her chair holding her chin with her right hand while she thought. "I did say that didn't I.." Yuuko said looking to Oliver. "Why are you bringing it up?" Yuuko asked swishing around the sake bottle dangling from her left hand. "Well I assumed the EML-99X was meant as an assault weapon and I..." Yuuko interrupted Oliver bursting out laughing almost dropping her bottle of Sake while she did so and almost falling back in her chair if not for being caught by Kasumi, returning upright the clearly amused look on her face had turned serious.

"You thought the EML-99X was meant to be an assault weapon? For an invasion I assume?" To which Oliver nodded his head yes of which disappointed Yuuko, she thought that he was smart enough to look at the data before Kasumi had it stored away personally for Yuuko. "You can't be serious? Is that what the whole business in Kyoto was about? You're more of an idiot than I thought you were." Yuuko sighed and got up going to her filing cabinet with Kasumi of whom helped her search for the most recent test data of the EML-99X. Upon finding it Yuuko had dropped the paper on her desk in front of Oliver. "Do you not see the power intake and output? The output for the EML-99X was enough to knock Kyoko's TSF back into the trees and the nearby hillside. She had to fire her engines on her Takemikazuki at full blast to keep that from happening. I designed the weapon to vaporize enemy vehicles, and troops but it was always meant purely for defensive purposes of which the Shogun knew and understood. But in any case as you know and have seen the project was allowed to go ahead. All of our weapons of which have been developed and still are being developed are for our own defense... Well except for the G-bomb, but that was created by another Director before me, of which I couldn't care any less about considering it'll never see any feasible use unless the Empire was to be invaded by another country and a large amount of our land was taken from us during said invasion."

Yuuko sat back down at her chair crossing her legs. "You seriously thought a weapon like that could be used for assault purposes?" Just even mentioning it was enough to make Yuuko almost laugh again. "Let me give you some advice. In Japan, things are not always as black and white. The.. Actually hold on." Yuuko opened her desk and took out two containers of experimental ear protection of which was meant to block out all sound possible, tossing both small containers to Maya and Mana. "Both of you, put those in and I'll give you the signal to take them out." To which both Mana and Maya replied. "Understood." Putting the ear protection in and taking out a bullhorn and an airhorn. "Sakamoto. Kasumi, please cover your ears." Putting in her own set of ear protectors she turned on the airhorn and the bullhorn at the same time, the loud sound echoing down the long metal hallway for a couple minutes before Yuuko turned both off and took out her own ear protectors. "Alright, they aren't bleeding from their ears to they're working." Yuuko said smiling and looking at Oliver of whom removed his hands from his ears, as did Kasumi. "Now where was I... Right. The Shogun is paranoid. I suppose being the leader of a country's military dealing with insurgents on a regular basis will do that to a person. But anyway she means well but she's indeed paranoid and that's why the EML-99X was developed, it was meant to serve as a defensive weapon to mow down large amounts of troops, vehicles and whatever else was required to be destroyed at the time."

In the meantime back in Kyoto, the Shogun was sitting down to dinner with her husband, the Emperor and her daughter. "Meiya? Why was Kyoto.. I mean the mainland itself put under marshal law? Had something happened to bring this about?" The Emperor asked looking to Meiya of whom was eating her dinner. "Yes, it was a matter of national defense. Don't worry, the problem has been dealt with, no such thing shall occur in the future." Atleast this was what the Shogun had hoped for. Deep down she had known something would happen to possibly change this situation, she could feel it in her bones but soon her train of thought was derailed as Takano had tapped Meiya's shoulder and pointed to their daughter of whom was sitting with her hand up waiting for Meiya to notice her. "Hmm? Yuuhi? Is something wrong?" Yuuhi shook her head and smiled. "No... I was just wondering if we could spend the day together tomorrow.. Like a family." The idea did warm Meiya's heart at the thought of it. It was rare for the Imperial family to actually spend time together and so Meiya had made her mind up in and instant, there wasn't anything that couldn't have been dealt with by one of her many body doubles so why not take advantage of it for once and spend time with the family. "You know, it has been a while since we've been together has it not?" Meiya looked to Takano of whom shrugged his shoulders. "It has indeed. So why not? I think it's a great idea. Even a son of heaven as the people believe me to be does need to spend time with his family." Takano knew of his position, Emperor of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States and wore the title humbly, doing his best when it came to state affairs while Meiya handled military and foreign affairs. It had worked out so far so there was no reason to change it.

Now it was decided, the Imperial family would spend a quiet day alone away from the public and just together. While this was going on a body double would handle Meiya's responsibilities for the day. But before that Meiya had one last order to give before her day off. And it was for the IJN fleet of which was steaming full speed towards Sepsis and the USN. Details of the order included them stopping directly before the international boundary for Sepsis, holding their position there unless directly specified by her and they were only free to engage whatever forces were there if attacked.

Admiral Genda had taken charge of the fleet sent to Sepsis and the USN, while the fleet was mostly nothing of what the IJN before the second world war and in it's early stages had, it was still a force to be reckoned with, training of it's officer corps had improved allowing for more free thinking and less arrogant prideful single minded thinking, of which almost drove the IJN to shambles in the mid stage of the Asia-Pacific War, but quickly during that war Japan had bounced back with a few victories where it counted, ending with the US carrier fleet in the pacific laid to rest on the ocean floor. If it came down to it and the fleet was attacked, Admiral Genda was confidant that result would be the same. Standing on the bridge of the flagship Kii, the nameship of the Kii class battleships of which were the new pride of the Japanese fleet, much more advanced than their predecessors of the Yamato and Yamato-Kai class ship lines.

He watched as rain had pounded against the glass and a message had arrived from the mainland. Reading it he give the orders over the ships' radio. "We are indeed bound for Sepsis. We are to hold out position at Sepsis' international sea border and we are only free to engage those who attempt to attack us. That is all." Admiral Genda had turned off the radio, while it was standard procedure for the IJN to maintain radio silence during times in which they may potentially strike against their enemies, this time was different, there was no other way to get the message, it was raining too hard to safely use a spotlight, even then with it, it wasn't guaranteed that it would be seen, flags would also likely prove to be ineffective too.
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

Frankish Provence
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frankish Provence » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:53 pm

When the news of the downing of a commercial flight, that killed several Franks in secessionist Natanian land has sparked outrage. The People began to demand their government do something about this. Forcing De Gaulle to act, Provence will mobilize war to protect its citizens.

"My fellow Franks a great tradegy has struck our nation. An Commerical aircraft carrying several Franks was shot down by successionist forces in the USN. Such an act is unforgivable, and will have severe consequences. Provence will end its neutral stance, we will begin joint military operations with the Nonus Government. We will not tolerate terrorism, and this is an act of terrorism against Provence. We will win."

The Novemics
Attaché

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Novemics » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Kayem Point Navy Base, Province Wittgenstein, the Novemics

2000 hours CST

Vice Admiral Habieru Vuinchentsu was relaxing in his quarters of Kayem Point Navy Base, the major navy installation of the Commonwealth. He was reading some reports on the Shemiki naval forces in the occupied waters in the Sea of Natan. He put down his papers and stared at the ceiling. "The war drums are beating." he said to himself. Kayem Point was a peninsula that formed a natural harbor, jutting out into boundary between the Sea of Natan and the beginning of the Nonus Straights, the collective name of the narrow waterways between the Island Provinces, and between the Islands and the Mainland Coast, of the Novemics. Kayem Point is considered the main military hub of the Commonwealth, and has supplied Nonus and allied ships in the First and Second Great Wars. It can service up to 80 ships at a time, and is well defended: Fort Tenpuruton has several divisions of the Land Army, and Rōzu Air Army Base with several squadrons of F-16s and Eurofighter Typhoons. The Kayem Point Shore Batteries are the Navy's anti-air and anti-ship unit. This is the Novemics' "Fortress Upon the Seas".

Vuinchentsu got a telephone call an hour ago. Not on the white line but on the black line, the line that connects with UDC Operations Group and the MOD. He picked it up and it was UDC Operations Group Navy Combatant Commander Admiral Carlos Shisui, the person in charge of naval operations. Admiral Shisui called to say that Operation Rock was authorized by CP Zoidberg instead of Operation Flash. The UDC Advisory Group put forth an alternate plan after Frankish high command rejected a simultaneous joint strike on Shemienese forces (Flash). Rock would have the Commonwealth Navy, followed by the Frankish Navy, to set up a blockade in the southern part of the Sea of Natan, and the Commonwealth Air Army and Frankish Air Force would establish a no-fly zone over the entire Sea for Sheminese air units. "Understood, sir. When are we shipping out?" asked Vuinchentsu. "0300 hours. Have a battlegroup of frigates and destroyers ready, and have a light aircraft carrier with a flight of F-35Bs. The Air Army will be doing the Nonus contribution to the NFZ. Your battlegroup is to enforce the blockade to prevent Shemiki sending reinforcements, or any other nation's fleet, from entering the Sea of Natan. In addition, you will relay a polite message to any fleet attempting to enter the Sea of Natan that this a Regional matter; any foreign fleets already within the Sea of Natan is to pull out and let the Nonus and Frankish forces deal with the Shemiki forces. If the nation in the Sea is an ally, contact MOD and MOFARI who will further communicate with the allied nation. If it is an unfriendly nation, tell them to pull out or their vessels will be considered aiding Shemiki and will be subject to the NFZ and blockade." stated Admiral Shisui.

"Yes sir." stated Vuinchentsu. But the thing he was worried about was the JPS fleet steaming towards the Sea of Natan. It is technologically advanced, and MIS Navy Observation units said they were sending a heavy blue-water fleet, enough to push through the blockade. "Hope the JPS are a polite lot." sighed the Vice Admiral.

Arimasu Air Army Base, Province West Isles, the Novemics

0900 hours CST, the next day

Air Major General Clara Itami looked from the ATC tower as the last of the Frankish Air Force Eurofigher Typhoons landed. Two squadrons. The Nonus Air Army would be contributing the same for the no-fly zone. "Tell the Frankish wing commander that the Joint Blockade Command will issue orders within 12 hours." said Itami to her adjutant, Air Colonel Shogo Nevers. "Yes, ma'am." The staging area is almost ready, she thought. She got an update an hour ago that the blockade is now in effect for all Shemienese civilian and military vessels, and that there were successful peaceful evacuations of foreign fleets in the Sea. Good, she thought, we don't need this to be even more complex. She is of the camp that the Region should do more to foster communication with allied nations from other regions so there can be less of this random wandering of the Natan Region. UDC Advisory and Operations are also of the same opinion. But there hasn't been much headway at the Regional Armed Forces HQ, where the Region members' military representatives constantly haggle over force deployment, operational jurisdiction, logistical support, and even the order of precedence of the defense ministers of each member nation in the annual Regional Defense Conference. This politicking has left each member nation to set up operations bilaterally and multilaterally rather than in that particular forum, leaving operations to the whims of each member's interests.

Anyway, she thought, we are now making some progress on the Shemiki intervention. MOD sent out an update that Shemiki has not made an official reply to the blockade and no-fly zone. "What's next?" she whispered to herself.
Last edited by The Novemics on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:25 am

Kyoto, Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Palace of the Emperor and the Shogun

Shogun Meiya and Emperor Takano had gotten an early jump on their plans to take a day for themselves and their daughter reading through a book Meiya sat on a couch in a small side room of the she read a book while her daughter had laid on the floor in front of her play with some various toys she had. The Emperor of course sat at the table in front of Meiya drinking tea. It'd been a while since it was like this, Meiya had wished she had more time to spend with her daughter and her husband, both had also wished the same. Unfortunately the outside world would intrude once more into their lives with the running of Meiya's personal aide, Hereditary Vassal Retainer, Isumi Michiru to the room knocking on the door. "Excuse me! Shogun Meiya?! There's something that requires your attention!!" Isumi yelled while she knocked again on the door. Letting out a sigh Meiya got up leaving her book pages down on the couch walking to the door she opened it looking rather angry. "I thought I said I was taking a day off for my daughter and my husband! This better be good Michiru!" Meiya yelled to which slightly scared her daughter but didn't phase Emperor Takano, he knew all too well what happened in the past to those who interrupted his wife when she was in the middle of something.

"M-Ma'am! There's an update from the fleet sent to Sepsis! They say their X-47B drones have picked up on a foreign fleet nearing their AO, they're asking what they should do." Isumi said meekly hiding the lower part of her face behind a piece of paper she was holding clearly scared of the Shogun at this moment. "Send a second fleet. This time with one Fuso V, two Kongo IXs, one Miura, two Tone VIs, and three Yamagumo VIs. But previous order still stands, they are not to engage unless engaged first. Then if they attack it's self defense. Whatever happens no foreign fleet is to enter Sepsis waters." Meiya shut the door and sighed pinching the bridge of her nose. "When it comes to the military... I'm surrounded by idiots..." Takano nodded his head and got up taking his daughter's hand walking to Meiya. "Well you're here with us. Perhaps it would have been smarter to leave the palace and not tell them where we were going hmm?" Emperor Takano said hugging Meiya with one arm while their daughter hugged Meiya's waist. "Yeah! I'd like to have mom and dad to myself without work getting in the way!" Meiya smiled and got on her knees hugging her daughter. "I promise when this whole matter is settled then you'll have a whole week with your father and I okay?" Yuuhi sighed and hugged Meiya tightly. "You promise?" She said looking up to Meiya with her big violet eyes to which Meiya's heart melted and gently ruffled her daughter's hair. "I promise, and I swear to it."

Isumi ran back to the General Headquarters of the Imperial Japanese Armed Forces remembering what Meiya had ordered, getting to her desk she typed out the order on her computer and printed it out, finishing it off with signing the Shogun's name then stamping it with her official seal before sending it with an Imperial Royal Guard Vassal to the IJN's part of the headquarters to which after a few hours the fleet was put together and sent full steam to Sepsis to link up with the original Japanese fleet sent to Sepsis.

Regional Prefecture base of the Imperial Japanese Navy, Yokohama, Mainland Japan.

Admiral Nishi Nagumo sighed while he watched his fleet begin to sortie from Yokohama.. Or well part of it. The rest of the fleet which was the Miura class standard aircraft carrier, Fuso V High Speed Dreadnaught, and two of the three the Yamagumo VI destroyers were in port at Hawaii, they were to link up south of Hawaii then proceed to Sepsis to back up the IJN fleet sent before them. "The clouds of war gather above us.. A bad omen..." Admiral Nagumo said looking above his ship while he stood out on deck in the standard white summer uniform with his Katana held by the pommel watching the battle cruisers, Haruna and Kirishima follow behind his flagship the Tone while they themselves followed behind the Chikuma. Leaving the deck, Nagumo went to the bridge watching as the mainland disappeared amongst the fog that had gathered as they left. Further worrying the superstitious admiral. Though officially there was nothing to worry about, the IJN was the most advanced fleet in the world with sophisticated sonar and radar systems. Had anything popped up they would know before any other fleet would.
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.

Frankish Provence
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frankish Provence » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:24 am

President De Gaulle sent a Carrier Battle group to blockade the separatists states. Provence also sent two squadrons of eurofighter Typhoons to aid in the No Fly Zone. More aircraft may be sent if it is deemed necessary, De Gaulle is currently hoping the Nonus Goverment will be able to handle the brunt of the operation. While Provence can focus more at the blockade operation.

De Gaulle has had many calls of late with his Nonus counterpart. While under De Gaulle the two nations became closer, with Provence entering negotiations to enter into a economic Union. However how fast their "friendship" is moving has exceeded what De Gaulle had originally thought possible. And Provence may be able to enter into a more friendly relation with the USN. Perhaps even paving the way for Provence to have greater access to the Natanian Markets. If Provence can do that it will surely be a boom for them.

The Novemics
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Novemics » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Nonus-Frankish Naval Blockade, Sea of Natan

Vice Admiral Vuinchenstsu stared out from the bridge of the light aircraft carrier CCV (Crowned Commonwealth Vessel) Makoto, seeing the four F-35Bs on the deck being prepared for assisting Frankish carrier-based fighters. He received word from Air Army Command that the Natanian forces are preparing a ground and air offensive since Shemiki naval forces have been hit by Natanian forces; the blockade and no-fly zone forced Shemiki to keep all of its aircraft carriers in a small area of the Sea close to secessionist land in order to have some room where they would not likely be attacked by the blockade forces. But this small area also lets Natan get close to them and attack them. The blockade has successfully deterred Shemienese reinforcements, but now Joint Blockade Command is worried about the JPS fleet that is currently close to the southwestern part of the blockade. There were several ships, all of them with heavy displacement. MIS Naval Observation Department has put out a report on the vessels that the blockade forces needs to look for: two Kii class battleships, a Yamato-Kai class battleships, Shoukaku III Standard Aircraft Carrier, Two Katori V class light crusiers, a Mogami IV class heavy cruiser, two Yamagumo VI class destroyers, and two Ōsumi-class TSF Landing Ships. This was a heavy-handed fleet, a common thing in JPS naval deployments. They were planning on deploying ground forces via their landing ships as well. We outnumber them, they have 9 vessels ready for combat while the blockade force has 27 vessels for combat. Of the 21 ships the Nonus deployed, there was a supply vessel, 12 were frigates, 7 were destroyers, and the one light aircraft carrier (CCV Makoto). The Franks sent out a carrier group: one of their supercarriers, a nuclear attack submarine, two anti-sub destroyers, two anti-air destroyers, a stealth frigate which is providing some local military intelligence, and their own supply ship. But Naval Observation put out another report a few minutes ago that another JPS battle group consisting of another 9 vessels has been deployed, and will reinforce their position.

The Vice Admiral issued orders for the joint blockade force; he was technically the commander of the blockade forces as he outranked the Frankish carrier group commander. He ordered for all ships to general alert and to battle stations. The JPS might attack when we send this decided to send out the warning to the unfriendly fleet. He had the communications center of the bridge to prepare the message. The Lieutenant gave him the prepared message to send to the JPS fleet via open channel.

ATTENTION FLEET OF THE EMPIRE OF JAPANESE PACIFIC STATES

As of 0800 hours CST yesterday, a blockade has been imposed with the enforcement units consisting of the Commonwealth Navy and Frankish Navy against the Shemienese fleet currently in the Sea of Natan. This blockade is a police action against Shemiki and its support of secessionists in the USN. This is also a Natan Regional matter, requiring no assistance or interference from nations not from the Region. You are advised to withdraw from this area. Attempting to enter will be seen as an act of aggression. Any JPS ships detected past the blockade will be advised to withdraw within one hour; failure to do so will be considered an act of aggression.

Be warned, as other Natan Regional forces may attack and defend themselves if you attack our forces or any other Regional forces.

END OF TRANSMISSION

The Vice Admiral also sent encrypted messages to the Admiralty Board on possible reinforcements. The Vice Admiral also let the Frankish Carrier Group commander, Contre Amiral Lucien Combeferre, inform his nation of the situation.

In about 20 minutes, UDC Operations Group Navy Full Admiral Shisui sent back an encrypted message, informing the Vice Admiral that 10 more ships, all destroyers, are now heading to the blockade line and will arrive in 4 and an half to 5 hours. Hopefully not too late, thought Vuinchentsu.

Sleet Clans
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sleet Clans » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Commondore Vandos looked at the sonar screen above his sonar operator's shoulder. He knew the situation was extremely tense right now, and that a single spark could see a massive battle erupt between the Japanese and joint Novemic-Frankish fleet currently facing off. He wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead before his comms. officer called out that the rest of the wolfpack were requesting orders. He had a choice to make here. He could wait out the battle, let the two assembled fleets clash and wear each other down before striking with pinpoint accuracy at key targets, such as battleships, carriers, and battlecruisers, so as to cripple both fleets and make them retreat due to having taken too many losses. From both each other, and the Sleetavian submarines lurking below.

That, or he could side with one of them, thus disobeying his standing orders to not engage unless fired upon. But he didn't have the authorization to immediately side with one of them and start a war with the other. He knew Naval High Command would have his head if he did that. At the same time however, sending a request to the higher ups on ehat to do would take too long. It was apparent the Japanese were not going to back down, and by the time he got his orders some golden oppertunities may have passed. Oppertunities that could benefit Sleetavia in the future.

Then he got an idea. One that could cause some chaos if done just right, but would probably result in the destruction of the whole wolfpack. It was risky, yes, and it probsbly wouldn't even work with their submarines' current equipment, but it was worth a shot. Was it worth sacrificing fourteen submarines for though?

He just had to wait. "Tell the rest of the pack to standby. Remember our orders. Do not engage unless fired upon. This could be a golden moment not just for us, but for Sleetavia. We just need to wait" He told the comms. officer, who relayed the message to the rest of the wolfpack, who all acknowledged the message.

So the subs sat there, watching the whole situation...

United Confederacy of Sleetavia

"Ushije e Vuani"

MT/PMT, willing to switch it up depending on RP

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Nonus-Frankish Naval Blockade (9.5 KM away from Nonus-Frankish lines)

Admiral Genda was surprised by the message from the Nonus, reading aloud on the bridge of the IJN Kii. "You are advised to withdraw from this area." He nodded his head a smile on his face while he handed the message to his second in command. "Copy this and have it distributed amongst the men. Broadcast the received message to the fleet and have them distribute the message to the men on their ships. This ought to give the men a morale boost." He crossed his arms, already the fleet had come to a full stop at their current position. Now Genda was thinking on what to do next. "Radioman Hijikata." Genda called on the ship's intercom system and was quickly answered. "Yes Admiral?" Genda replied looking at his watch then to the TSF Landing Ships, Osumi and Takao. "Ask the captains of the Osumi and Takao if their Fubukis have been switched to their gun sweeper modifications, if they reply with no then get me an ETA on how long it would take." Genda turned off the transmitter on his end and Hijikata replied one last time. "Yes sir, I'll get on the horn to them right now sir."

Genda smiled and crossed his arms looking to the Nonus-Frankish blockade line, recalling in his mind the battle of Baja bay with the United States of America's navy. Back then the Japanese didn't have TSF landing ships. Their fleet mainly consisted of destroyers, cruisers, some battle cruisers and battleships. The TSF landing ships were a tip into their hand while they did look like oversized oil tankers, the TSF landing ships of the IJN carried a complement of 16 TSFs each. And in this case they carried the Type 97 Fubuki of which was the second most maneuverable and fastest TSF in the Japanese arsenal. All it would take is a few TSFs and Japan would have a second easily won battle of midway right in front of them. Genda knew it but as it had been during the years of the Asia-Pacific War of 1941-46, the code of bushido was drilled into the heads of all IJA/IJN personnel, such a easily won victory would take any and all honour out of it. But in this case he would honour the Shogun's orders, remain in position, should the enemy engage first then it would be self defense, no matter how it was looked at, the Japanese people were already sick of all the conflict, from the years of battling insurgents in China and Western America, Japan would never easily enter into a war unless it was to their self defense. The Shogun knew it, and Admiral Genda certainly knew it. "Go to General Quarters, Get the TSFs up into launch position! ...But don't launch them, not yet." Admiral Genda watched the fleet with interest while nothing had really changed, the fleets remained in their positions but Admiral Genda was going to show that Japan wouldn't be intimidated into backing down.

Meanwhile on the way to the first Japanese fleet Admiral Nagumo laid on his bed in his quarters reading a book and falling asleep while the fleet continued on it's way to Admiral Genda's fleet. Waking up hours later he was woken up by his second in command. "Admiral Nagumo sir, the Fuso, Kaga, Mutsuki, & Ayanami have caught up to us and we're ready to transfer your banner to the Fuso." Admiral Genda's second in command, Taeko Hiashi said while waking Admiral Nagumo of whom sat up letting off a yawn. "Very good. Proceed, I will be along shortly." Lieutenant Hiashi saluted Admiral Nagumo and turned leaving the Admiral's quarters. "Hopefully all will go well and nothing will come of these events." Admiral Nagumo got up putting on his tunic and cap, grabbing his katana overseeing the transfer of his banner to the Fuso. To which after everything was said and done the fleet continued on it's way to Admiral Genda's fleet.
Last edited by Japan and Pacific States on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weco
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Wecovian Involvement

Postby Weco » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 pm

0600 Hours, Wecovian Royal Government Building

Wecovian Office of Foreign Affairs,
To: The United States if Natan
Encryption Level: High
To President Gross,
The Wecovian Royal Government is appalled by the growing number of Nations trying to assert their claims to land that is rightly and properly owned by your nation. We offer our hands in friendship and will support your nation in this time of strife and war. An expeditionary force of the Wecovian Empire Guard or WEG will be dispatched to aid your military in striking down the aggressors and restoring peace and prosperity to your nation. Should you desire our help of course. Humanitarian aid will also be provided to your citizens, as well as military equipment and armaments and training on how to use these arms will be provided to your soldiers, may our two nations prosper.
- Jack Mueller Foreign Affairs Minister on Behalf of the Emperor of the Eternal Wecovian Empire.

"Your grace, High command has issued orders to the regiments, ships and air wings as well as the Marine Brigade that will be dispatched to Natan."
"Very good Colonel, you're dismissed."
"May the Empire prosper" the Colonel said before he bowed and left the room, two royal guards closing the door behind him.

The Novemics
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Novemics » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:26 pm

CCV Hamatora, Sea of Natan, 4 km north from the Nonus-Frankish Blockade lines

Onboard the Nonus Vesper-class nuclear powered submarine CCV (Crowned Commonwealth Vessel) Hamatora, Maritime Captain Ueno Bengoshi looked at the several long-range radar readouts projecting the JPS fleet almost 14 km from their position, as well as a screen with MAD and acoustic data indicating a Sleetavian wolfpack about 5 km north of their position. But the Hamatora has remained quiet and on low speed and power this entire time, to maximize stealth. They successfully avoided the wolfpack up to this point, but the Captain was somewhat unsure if they have been detected at least once by the Sleetavian wolfpack. The current mission of the Hamatora was to detect foreign submarines (allied, friendly, or unfriendly) and relay messages to Sea Lion (who will then inform the Admiralty Board) indicating their position and nationality. This information would be used by MOFARI (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration) to contact foreign governments and have them leave the blockade zone as the Nonus and Frankish governments desired no other foreign forces in the Sea of Natan, and to keep this affair strictly Regional and not Inter-regional.

"Tell Sea Lion, Stingray has found several pings, Sleetavian wolfpack." ordered Captain Bengoshi to the Communications Officer, Maritime Lieutenant Grade 1 George Ishikawa. "Aye, sir. White Shark reports that the JPS fleet is holding its position as their reinforcements approach 20 km away from their position. No response to Sea Lion's warning." Sea Lion is the code name of the Nonus fleet commander, Vice Admiral Vuinchentsu, and White Shark is the other Vesper-class sub (CCV Fubatsu) doing reconnaissance 3 km from the JPS fleet. "The JPS are a formidable enemy. Ruthless, and technologically advanced. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire High Command and leadership of the JPS has indictments for war crimes and crimes against humanity." he said to his XO, Commander Daigo Ozuwarudo. The Hamatora's CO and XO received the MIS Warning Report that the JPS fleet may have "Tactical Surface Fighters" that can be deployed from landing vessels. Highly advanced piloted exoskeletons, as the Nonus military sees them. The Nonus do not have such weapons, but fighter jets, the Typhoons and Tornadoes, of the Air Army could theoretically engage the TSFs and survive. Plus, the Natanian military has developed a new generation of fighters, as well as other advanced weapons, and they would fight back as the JPS's imperial intentions are now widely known by the member nation governments of the Region. But so far, the JPS fleet is less than 10 km from the blockade and just waiting there.

Bengoshi was a military adviser to one of the nations that was conquered and occupied by the JPS about 10 years ago, when he was a Lieutenant Commander. He witnessed a great naval battle, but it was heavily one-sided, as the Imperial TSFs wiped out the invaded nation's main fleet within minutes. And those destroyed ships were just a few years behind the current Nonus fleet in terms of technology. But what was most striking to Bengoshi was not just the technology of the JPS, but its military doctrine. Their doctrine is about a belief in defense of the Empire, which sounds vague, but in practice means baiting nations to attack them and the JPS using overwhelming force to crush those forces. The Imperial ground forces are also known for discipline and ruthlessness. A friend and colleague of Bengoshi, Colonel David Sumisu, witnessed the ground invasion of the JPS in that nation 10 years ago when he was also a military adviser there. Sumisu is now a General and Southern Defense Zone Operations Commander, the equivalent of a regional combatant command for the homeland. But what he saw as a ground forces military adviser was shocking. Overwhelming force, indiscriminate destruction of both military and civilian locations, harsh treatment in POW camps, or putting POWs into forced labor, and abusing the local populations. The JPS intended to stay there where they conquered.

Sumisu would be leading the front line if the JPS attacked the Island Provinces, which is in his Defense Zone. Bengoshi hopes his friend doesn't have to see the ruthless JPS ground forces again. Bengoshi hopes he doesn't see the ruthless IJN TSFs.

The Novemics
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Novemics » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:22 am

August 28, 2017
Nonus-Frankish Blockade Lines
2000 hours CST

Vice Admiral Vuinchentsu felt somewhat better that the destroyer reinforcements from Kayem Point came after 5 hours of uncomfortable standoff. He also felt some relief that a submarine battle group, the "Wolfpack Jūsu", was deployed behind them, with the objectives of attacking the JPS fleet if they broke through, and responding to the Sleetavian wolfpack if they attacked the Nonus-Frankish naval forces (The Nonus do not have a clear opinion of Sleetavia's intentions and goals, so it is neutral towards that nation). Admiral Shisui informed him an hour after the destroyer reinforcements were steaming towards their position that Jūsu was also going to be deployed.

Jūsu, the submarine wolfpack, consisted of the Crowned Commonwealth Navy's 9 diesel-electric attack submarines and its flagship, the Jūsu-class CCV Jūsu. These submarines were built for the purpose of attacking other submarines, as well as the surface vessels. Those subs had torpedoes, Harpoon missiles, mines, and the latest in detection measures and countermeasures. Plus, two anti-submarine destroyers were being deployed as well as to force the Sleetavian subs to surface if and when they attack Nonus-Frankish forces.

Hopefully, Natan can force Shemiki to withdraw, leading to the collapse of support for Sepsis, and end this Civil War. This stand off is getting more and more tense as the hours pass. The JPS, the Sleetavians, and perhaps other foreign forces. This is getting out of hand.

Arimasu Air Army Base, West Isles, the Novemics
2030 hours

"Lieutenant Colonel Beaufort, Commonwealth Air Army Command has authorized one more flight of Typhoons, as well as two flights of F-16s to join the Nonus contribution to the no-fly zone. I take it now that we have enough to fully enforce the no-fly zone?" asked Air Major General Clara Itami while having a drink with the Frankish air force officer in the Officers' Club of the base. Lt. Colonel Yves Beaufort was the wing commander of the Frankish contribution to the no-fly zone. "Oui, Général de Brigade Aérienne, there is enough to put down the Shemienese intervention once and for all!" replied the Lt. Colonel enthusiastically. "Of course, the end of the Sheminese intervention would mean a great weight has been lifted off our shoulders. And we can do other things now with a renewed peace and tranquility in the Region. We can set up the Economic and Monetary Union that both of our governments want. Natan will be reunited, and the Rock of the Region will be whole again. We can move forward again." stated the Air Major General. "Mon amie, this will be the ironic start to tranquility in la Région. Threats of conflict leading to alliance against a common enemy to inevitable withdraw of that enemy to greater cooperation. Humanity unites when la merde is going to hit the fan." Both officers laughed at the Lt. Colonel's joke.

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:53 am

Kyoto, General Headquarters of the Imperial Japanese Armed Forces

They day of which Shogun Meiya had promised to spend with her daughter Yuuhi was over, she returned to her office looking over the reports sent back by the IJN fleet sent to Sepsis, there were more foreign powers involved. It had grown from Nonus to the Frankish, Sleetavians, and now a country Meiya had never heard of before called Weco. "Foreign fleet compositions... A supercarrier? Sleetavian submarine packs? While the Shogun was absent a secret meeting between most of the regent house heads had taken place without her knowledge, one of which they considered the possibility of using the EML-99X against the enemy fleets despite the weapon being purely defensive. She would have to act fast if she was going to make a final decision. One of which would be influenced by her daughter, remembering her big violet eyes and the promise she made. "When this whole affair is over we'll spend more time together as a family." She said to herself leaning with her right elbow rested on her desk. "Yuuhi... If a war were to break out... We could lose everything... The Empire, our military, our pride and our honour as Japanese..." Letting the paper fall to her desk Meiya sighed and looked to a map of the Empire on the wall to her left. It showed all the territory Japan had acquired over the years, first Korea, then Manchuria, Eastern China, Mongolia, Taiwan, Southern China, Central China, The Philippine islands, the Solomon Islands, Papau New Guinea, Northern and Eastern Australia, Midway, Micronesia, Wake Islands, Hawaii, Alaska, The Western Canadian Coast, Washington, Oregon, California and finally Baja.

"Before anything escalates further I must stop this... For Yuuhi." Meiya had said getting up from her desk she left her office and was met by her aide. "Shogun! Leaving early ma'am?!" Isumi asked holding a clipboard and pen. "Yes, I am. But first thing's first. All the Regents in mainland Japan are to be put under protective custody, send a message to Alaska, have Regent Takatsukasa meet me in Hawaii and send a message to Genda, tell him to pull the fleet back five kilometers, and to prepare for I and Takatsukasa's arrival, should the other regents resist then you have my express permission to throw them in the Imperial Guard's holding cells!" Meiya yelled, her voice echoing through the hall as she walked down it leaving the General Headquarters she returned to the palace switching outfits to her official ceremonial outfit before leaving mainland Japan on a plane to Hawaii.

IJN Combined Fleet, Flagship Kii, 9.5 Kilometers from Nonus-Frankish blockade.

Meanwhile on the Kii, Admiral Genda had left the bridge overseeing the preparations that were being made encase if the order did come down for the Japanese fleet to begin operations, it wouldn't be long before he was joined by Admiral Nagumo of the second fleet. "Well if it isn't the titan of Baja, has your sword yet rusted from it being made of that salvaged American steel?" Nagumo asked his arms crossed while Admiral Genda of whom was completely unaware of Nagumo's arrival had almost jumped out of his skin hearing the other man's voice. "Oh Nagumo? You genuinely scared me. It's been a long time old friend." Genda smiled and saluted Nagumo of whom saluted back to Genda. "Of course, since Baja when I was the commander of the third fleet and you were just some new captain on the Hatsuyuki, I'm sorry about the ship still, she was the best Kongo III we had, but even then it didn't count for anything when the Americans torpedoed her." Genda nodded his head and looked back to the 46cm guns on his flagship of which he was inspecting earlier. "It doesn't matter, we find ourselves fighting once more in the name of our empire against... All those fools, the Franks, Natans and those Nonus." Genda sighed looking out to the opposing fleet. "Well hopefully they'll realize what they're up against and stand down, such a loss of life... And we'd have no where to put the POWs."

Nagumo looked out to the opposing fleet as well the scene looking eerily calm before being interrupted by Radioman Hijikata of whom ran to the two admirals holding a message in his hands trying to catch his breath. "M-My apologizes admirals, this came directly from the shogun herself!" Genda's eyes widened as did Nagumo's both expecting it to be a message in which ordered the Japanese fleet begin operations. "Well what are you waiting for Hijikata! Read it!" Genda yelled to Hijikata's displeasure, after a couple minutes he finally fully got his breath back holding the message with both hands. "To Admiral Genda, First IJN fleet.... You are to pull back five kilometers and await the arrival of both the Shogun and Regent Takatsukasa.... Signed, General Imperial Japanese Armed Forces Headquarters, Shogun Mitsurugi Meiya." Had something come up for the Shogun to require them to pull back five kilometers? Admiral Genda thought before sighing. "Alright... Send back orders are acknowledged... Deploy the fleet five miles behind us and maintain general alert." Admiral Genda looked to Admiral Nagumo of whom nodded in agreement. Within the hour the fleet had redeployed five kilometers further away from the Nonus-Frankish blockade.
Last edited by Japan and Pacific States on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weco
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Weco » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:08 am

Military Command Building, Penbrook, Wecovian Empire

"I'd like to congratulate Lieutenant General Bernard on becoming the Commander of our expedition to Natan."
The men in the conference room clapped, giving their congratulations to the newly appointed general.
The as General Bernard met with the Staff officers under his command he began to question on what Weco's objectives were in intervening in a foreign conflict, after all it had been nearly a decade since Weco even considered sending troops to a foreign nation. He thought about it for several more minutes before deciding it was probably for the best to not think about it and to simply do his duty.
He returned to making plans with his staff.

Several Hours later, on board the HMRWS Vengeance,
"Attention all Sailors and Marines, hear this, The Vengeance and it's carrier group are to set course to the South Coast of Natan, with us will be a detachment of 1,500 Royal Marines as well as nearly 30,000 Soldiers aboard the transport ships that will be accompanying us. May the Empire prosper, get to your stations, we set sail in two days at 0100."

"You hear that Eddie? I thought Federal Service would be boring now we're going to be some of the first to see a real war! I'm so excited."
Excitement was surging among the crew's ranks as many had only dreamed of actually going to war.
"I don't know Mark, I think this war business is mighty dangerous."
"For a ship? When's the last time a Wecovian Carrier sank? During the old Hecovian wars back in the 60's? bah this'll be a cake walk. You worry to much."

7th Royal Marine Battalion on board the HMRWS Penbrook,
"Marines, ATTENTION!"
The Marines snapped to attention as their Battalion commander strutted out on deck.
"Well boys," he said calmly "We're going to war."
Cheers broke out among the Marines ranks before a hand gesture made them silent.
"This won't be a extremely dangerous operation, I doubt we'll even see much action if any, don't get too worked up men."
"You're dismissed." added the Lieutenant Colonel as he walked back into the inner workings of the ship.

Sleet Clans
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sleet Clans » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:09 am

(OOC: Are we strictly stay within the realm of MT-Early PMT tech, or a bit farther?)

As the situation between the assembled fleets grew more and more tense with each passing second, it came as a surprise when the Japanese fleets began to pull back a little. This caused Vandos to sigh in relief, hoping that maybe the Japanese leadership had come to their senses. But then he swore his heart skipped a beat when the sonar operator called out ''Conn, sonar! Contacts bearing 023, 045, 034, and 132, classified as Novemic diesel-electric subs and destroyers!''

They had been detected! Despite his 'packs' best attempts to stay hidden, apparently the sonar of the fleets above him were much better than he thought them out to be. If he were to strike now, his pack would be in serious danger from the ASW threats and most likely be destroyed. Plus, he needed to get the hell away from those diesel-electric boats, and fast! Diesel-electrics could be a hell of a lot more silent than the nuclear subs his pack had at their disposal, meaning that if he wasn't careful, his subs could get chased without realizing it until it was too late.

''Get us and the pack right into the shadow zone! If we can get right in there hopefully the thermal layer will be strong enough to hide us and make us disappear! I don't want those sneaky little diesel-chugging bastards anywhere near the pack!'' He ordered to his crew, who responded immediately, and his sub and the rest of the thirteen submarines began surfacing and nestling just below the thermal layer, which was currently at around 160 ft below the surface, where sound waves and other kinetic waves would be trapped in an attempt to escape both the sonar detection and the diesel-electric subs that Vandos was sure were going to give chase. However, since the shadow zone trapped all sound waves, the Sleetavian subs would be effectively blind, but invisible to sonar...

---
Hjornis, Naval High Command, Sleetavia

''Sir, our 'pack has gone dark. Looks like they went straight for the shadow zone after detection'' A Lieutenant reported to Fleet Admiral Tref Scellcen. Scellcen had been watching and monitoring the entire situation via satellite in orbit, and it made him worry. Now that Commondore Vandos's boats had been detected both sides potentially had a common enemy if the pack did anything brash, which thankfully they hadn't. Now though, those boats needed support. He turned to the reporting lieutenant and ordered him to send a message to the 4th Fleet, which was currently undergoing rearming. After the fleet was rearmed, the force of 18 Z-class FFGs, 12 Feleis-class DDGs, 5 Ryuikova-class CLGs, 2 Ushickua-class CAGs, and the Aleiklayzse-class nuclear carrier CSN Tofvoris were to set out and backup Vanod's wolfpack if anything went astray. He had also recently recieved a message from the Sleetavian government that his forces were to open up on the ones who shoot first, or shot at them. Most likely, that would be the Japanese, seeing as how aggressive they were being.

Of course, when the fleet moved out it would stay at the bare range to support the wolfpack in order to stay out of range of the battleships of the various fleets. That point made him wonder however, what good were heavy gun battleships in an era where the missile could outrange it? The fact that the various nations involved still used them to such a significant extent made him chuckle a little. They would get a shock when not shells greeted them, but missiles and aircraft that could outrange even the largest guns! Of course, that would only be if this whole situation didn't go hot, which it probably would given how much firepower was in that one location. And a hell of a lot more firepower was about to arrive there in the form of railguns, aircraft, and missiles, once the 4th Fleet was rearmed. Vice Admiral Clendir expressed his want for getting in there and helping out their fellow servicemen, and who was Scellcen to deny him that right?

Soon enough however, the 4th Fleet under Vice Admiral Befn Clendir was rearmed and restocked, and headed out to support their comrades in the silent service...
Last edited by Sleet Clans on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Ushije e Vuani"

The Novemics
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Novemics » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Crowned Commonwealth Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration Main Building
Iyagure, Province Iyagure, the Novemics
7 am

Foreign Minister Viscount was speaking with her Deputy, Nathan Uzumaki, in her office on the top floor of the Ministry. "...Ok, onto the Sleetavians. We are neutral towards them; we just have our embassy in their capital, theirs in our capital. And we each have one consulate in the other's nation. The free trade agreement we have with them is bilateral and preferential. Their presence in the Sea of Natan has been confirmed. MOD told me a few minutes ago that the Sleetavian wolfpack is holding a depth close to the surface but where further detection is impossible." finished Viscount. "Well, Minister, I'll draft a message for their embassy. It will lay out our position and wishes of that further escalation of the conflict is unnecessary. We do not desire war, but this Civil War is a Regional matter, a matter to be resolved among the Natanians, Nonus, and Franks. We three nations are allies with each other, and we want to end the Shemienese intervention in Natan. Foreign fleets here are taking a chance of further escalation of the conflict." replied Uzumaki. "Yes. That is good. Let the Sleetavian government know that we do not mean harm or that we have ill will, but this is a Regional matter. Intervention will not help anyone. Tell that to the Wecovians as well." said the Minister.

Suddenly, an aide entered the office. "Sorry to bother you ma'am. But this comes from the Cabinet President. JPS forces near the blockade are pulling back 5 km further from their current position. The CP wants you for CCNS in about an hour."

Panopticon Palace, Iyagure
2 pm

Her Royal Majesty and Serene Highness, Alexandrina, Queen of the Nonus, and Co-Princess of Ignis, was standing with a cup of tea, staring out towards the River Sophos that is a couple hundred meters from the palace grounds. The Cabinet President was on her way for the weekly meeting between the Commonwealth Monarch and the head of the Crowned Commonwealth Government. The head of state and the head of government met once a week for the government to deliver a general report of government decisions and discuss ongoing situations. The Queen has no real political power; she basically appoints the Cabinet President that is already decided by vote of the Council of 600 (lower house of the Nonus parliament)--a formality. The Monarch could dismiss the CP at anytime (a convention that is not banned), but that is limited by the Constitutional Reform of 1921 with the introduction of the constructive vote of no confidence--which basically means the lower house must choose a successor CP if they lose confidence of the current CP. If the 600 fails to choose a successor in the allotted time, the current government may continue as a minority government, which means deadlock to be sure. The Monarch could then dissolve the lower house on the recommendation of the Cabinet, but she could also refuse to do so. Her father was keen on doing the latter, and so did her grandfather. Only twice did the Monarch dissolve the lower house in the last century. But refusing to dissolve usually means the current, unpopular, unfavorable CP would be forced to resign. That is how the Monarch could dismiss the CP, through a long arduous process.

But Cabinet President Jessica Zoidberg is no terrible head of government. She is the Queen's first CP; Alexandrina was crowned only a few months ago. Zoidberg served under her father, Ryuji IV, until his death a few months ago. Zoidberg proved to be a capable leader in her second term as Cabinet President. She responded appropriately to the right-wing terrorist attacks that occurred just two weeks before the coronation. She has also been promoting good relations among the parties in the 600, and the Council of the Provinces and the provincial peers also seem to respect her.

The Queen heard a knock on the door of her private sitting room, Bentham Room, and the Deputy Lord Chamberlain, Baron Vincent Nakamura, entered, followed by the Cabinet President. The Baron and CP bowed simultaneously. "The President of the Crowned Commonwealth Cabinet, Your Majesty, " said the Baron. "Welcome, Cabinet President," said the Queen as she put down her cup of tea and walked towards the couch of the room. Cabinet President Zoidberg walked up to Her Majesty and bowed again. "Please, sit." requested the Queen. Both of them sat on couches opposite of each other. "How fares things in the Commonwealth?" asked the Queen. "Tenuously well, Majesty. Domestic affairs is normal, the Councils passed a bill that increases funding for the Mainland railways system. Foreign affairs...I am sure you are well aware of what is happening." replied Zoidberg. "Indeed, President. The news on the television just tell us of the movements of the ships, while the reports I get in my daily boxes tell me of military deployments and your decisions. I say, you are doing well in this situation, despite the circumstances." said the Queen. "Thank you, ma'am." said Zoidberg gratefully. "I also understand that the Imperial forces have decided to pull back their formation at the blockade lines." "Yes, Majesty, we are somewhat unsure why, perhaps because of the presence of so many ships of other nations that could lead to war. People are seeing that war would be "not Pareto optimal in this game of Chicken", as Finance Minister Starmer told me." stated Zoidberg. "Perhaps they may want to conduct negotiations." stated the Queen. "Perhaps, that does seem like the most probable case. That is why the CCNS has decided to wait and see if this is the case. Foreign Minister Viscount came to that same conclusion you did, Majesty." replied Zoidberg. "This government is doing its best. Thank you, Cabinet President." stated the Monarch.

The two finished their conversation, and the CP got up, bowed, and left. The Queen returned to the large windows of the sitting room, and stared out towards the River Sophos again.
Last edited by The Novemics on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shemiki
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shemiki » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Well, I sure am glad I was invited to this war that just so happened to be against me.

Oh, wait...

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:58 am

Occupied Hawaii, Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Honolulu Island, Secondary Residence of the Shogun and Emperor of Japan

Shogun Meiya had gone to Hawaii with the intention of preventing war between the Empire of Japanese Pacific States and the collation formed by Natan, Nonus and the Frankish, awaiting Regent Takatsukasa she had no idea of what was transpiring on the Japanese mainland, of which was a pitiful excuse of a coup, some regiments of the IJA and the Regents of whom were put under "protective custody" which was a polite euphemism for "house arrest" in Japan, the Regents had seized the General Headquarters of the Imperial Japanese Armed Forces, sending out an order of which conflicted with that the Shogun had sent just hours earlier. Watching from her secondary residence on the news, a war broke out in the streets between the Imperial Royal Guard, regiments of the IJA loyal to the Shogun, and regiments of the IJA of whom supported the Regents. It was clear to Meiya something would have to be done, in the meantime to prevent a potential assassination attempt on the Shogun, the Imperial Royal Guard in Hawaii had stepped up with a division of the IJA to protect her from whatever threats may come... Of which gave Kyoko Takatsukasa of regent house Takatsukasa a hard time getting through the security rings. "The Shogun is expecting me! This is her message of which was sent to me personally! Let me through you incompetent fools!" Kyoko had yelled to a gate guard, loud enough to attract the attention of Meiya from the second floor, despite it being advised against she opened the window and yelled down to the gate guard. "Let Kyoko in! I sent for her earlier!" Quickly Meiya rushed down to the first floor to meet Kyoko of whom after being searched quickly was shown to have nothing on her person.

Entering the house Kyoko held her arms out to Meiya of whom hugged her. "Kyoko I'm sorry but with what's happened recently we can't take any chances." Meiya said directing Kyoko to join her in a tea room. "With what's happened? Meiya what do you mean? Why is half the Honolulu garrison here?" Kyoko asked sitting down at the first table in the tea room she came to. "You've not heard then? ....The other regents have decided to raise a coup against me for our attempts at peace talks... They would have a war we cannot win with nations that would put us, women like you or I as war criminals when we've done nothing but exorcise our rights as victors in our last wars." Meiya said while a servant brought tea of which was taste tested by Fudai Yui Takamura. "We cannot allow such a thing come to pass. So that is why I'm going back to the Mainland and will put down this insurrection.... You are to continue on the way to our fleet near Natan... We cannot allow a war like this. It will lead only to our destruction and enslavement to these people." Meiya said taking a sip from her teacup of which made Kyoko feel uneasy. "You want me to deal with the Natan situation? But wouldn't I be better suited to rooting out the other regents?" Kyoko asked before taking a sip of her tea. "In this case... No. I must face this myself, I must crush this rebellion and restore order to our country. ...Please Kyoko you must deal with Natan, Nonus and the Frankish. For the future of our Empire.

Kyoko felt what the shogun felt, this was obviously a burden on her and she felt the weight of it herself. "...Understood. I will deal with the coalition." Kyoko said standing up and saluting the Shogun. "Thank you... My friend." Meiya said, a weight was finally off her shoulders, but she now had to deal with another problem, the other regents. After a while of thinking, Shogun Meiya had left her private residence and started on her way back to Kyoto to deal with the insurrection of which the other regents had forced upon her. On the other hand, Kyoko had left Hawaii on a Yamagumo VI class Destroyer bound for the Japanese fleet of which massed near Natan.

Imperial Japanese Naval Fleet Near Natan (10 km away from Nonus-Frankish Fleet lines)

Admiral Genda was astonished, in all his years he had never seen anything like this. He held two orders, one in his left hand and one in his right. One from the Shogun said to prepare for her arrival and prepare a small Tsushima class Gunboat for her and Imperial Royal Guard use. The other on the other hand stated that Shogun Meiya was to be arrested upon reaching the fleet and afterward the attack on the Nonus-Frankish Fleets were to commence.... The latter was from the heads of the Regent houses, except for the Regent house of Takatsukasa, that name wasn't on the orders. The only thing Genda could think was. "What the hell is going on back at command... Someone try and raise Admiral Nagumo, ask him if he's gotten the same orders!" Genda stood on the bridge holding both orders, which would he follow? The order of the Shogun? Or the order of the Regents? This thought had caused him to become deeply concerned as to what was going on in the Mainland. After a few minutes a bridgecrewman had returned to the bridge and saluted Admiral Genda. "Sir! Admiral Nagumo has also gotten the same orders! He's waiting for your judgment on what to do as he said you're the overall fleet commander!" Admiral Genda had sighed at the crewman's report. ...He was the overall fleet commander, but either which order he would follow would be decided when the Shogun had arrived. Except he didn't know she wouldn't be coming, it would be Kyoko of whom would arrive instead of Shogun Meiya

The Novemics
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Novemics » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:19 pm

CCV Fubatsu, 5 km from the JPS fleet formation, Sea of Natan

Military Intelligence Section Reconnaissance Liaison Lieutenant Commander Aizakku Akamine just got the latest data from the unmanned submerged vehicle used by the Nonus navy for long range naval reconnaissance. The USV was less than a kilometer from the JPS fleet. It was small and sleek, almost vaguely resembling an aquatic animal like a dolphin or a seal. It was currently intercepting the encrypted messages that were being sent from Imperial Navy HQ to the fleet. The Lieutenant Commander looked at the several messages, with some preliminary decoding thanks to the algorithm created by the Joint Intelligence Unit's Cipher Office, the interagency intel assessment establishment. He saw enough in order to get a sense of what it was and then he was to send the messages to JIU. He put together the files and sent them to the MIS Station in West Isles after bouncing off of a couple satellites.

Iyagure, Daietto House, Situation Room

The CCNS was assembled within half an hour when the Cabinet President received the intelligence from the JIU. Jessica entered the room and the members of CCNS stood up and then sat down when she sat down. "Ladies and gentlemen," she began. "We have a possible coup attempt in the Empire of Japanese Pacific States. Apparently, several of the oligarchs there, called "Regents", have seized control of several military command institutions, particularly their naval headquarters. The Shogun, the top military commander of the JPS, was out of the Japanese Home Islands at the time when the coup attempt started. Contradictory orders were given out to the JPS fleet holding position several kilometers from the blockade; orders to hold position given by the Shogun and orders to attack the Nonus-Frankish blockade lines by the several Regents. MIS hasn't intercepted other messages as of now. In light of this information, I am ordering for the alert and readiness level for the Crowned Commonwealth Defense Forces to be raised to full alert and battle-readiness from general alert and Southern regional battle-readiness. Any questions?" finished the Cabinet President.

"Has there been any attempts of communication desiring negotiations from the JPS?" asked Deputy Cabinet President Daisuke Starmer. "None so far." replied the Foreign Minister. "Possibility of attack?" asked the Defense Minister. "Higher it seems, though it depends on the allegiance of the JPS fleet commander--if he supports the Shogun or the Regents. We know that the orders to pull back and hold position was issued for a possibility of peace talks, and probably what the Shogun wants. Pulling back to attack would not be a favorable position for the JPS, as we would be able to respond in time." replied UDC Operations Group Chair Navy Full Admiral Shisui.

Cabinet President Zoidberg stood up and addressed the CCNS: "Have the anti-ship quasi-ballistic missile batteries in West Isles ready to fire. They are effective against large ships. We get the upper hand if we use them against the JPS capital ships, such as their carriers and landing ships. The Navy Full Admiral told me about the Defensive Umbrella and how the missiles are to significantly reduce enemy capabilities by eliminating the large capital ships as well as landing craft for invading forces. When I receive word about the JPS attacking the blockade line, I will order the missile batteries to take out their capital and landing ships. Then Vice Admiral Vuinchentsu will take care of the rest with support from the Air Army and Frankish Air Force."

"Yes, ma'am." replied the several military officers in the CCNS. The ASBMs were non-nuclear, but could take out a Frankish supercarrier. And the JPS carriers could be sunk by an ASBM.

"Ma'am," began Foreign Minister Guroria Vikaunto, "I will have back channel communications with the JPS on this. A coup attempt, and how the events so far have played out, suggest that several of the Regents may have been arrested or killed, so there is still time for negotiations." "Do it." said the Cabinet President.

The Foreign Minister got up and started making calls while the rest of the CCNS was adjourned. The Foreign Minister was in the CCNS and her aides entered to help her while the CP returned to her office.

"The JPS Ambassador said that some high-ranking official is willing to talk to us directly." said the Foreign Minister in the CP's office after an hour of talking with Nonus and JPS diplomats.
Last edited by The Novemics on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:12 am

Cabinet Offices, Executive Building, Tobiasia City
Foreign Minister Mharvi Sun closes the door behind her, leaving just her, Defence Minister Kate Bucla and President Alexander Tigros alone. "Good evening. Concerning the erupting feud near Cardin, my colleagues and I believe it is time to act now. We have indeed waited our time for the arrival of new weaponry systems on the Deer Class destroyer, but I am informed they have been fitted already". "Indeed", agrees the President. "Ms Bucla, your opinion please?" "I agree. If we send the 5th fleet towards the area, radio in to The Novemics, Frankish Provence and Sleet Clans, tell them we are here and not to fire". "Then we shall set sail at once!"

Message to The Novemics, Frankish Provence, Sleet Clans

Tobiasian forces approaching your destination in 0800 hours. Please hold fire. Approaching with one aircraft carrier, three missile destroyers, two frigates and two submarines. Please hold fire.

Tobiasian Navy 5th Fleet Commander Admiral Dan Tedga
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Shemiki
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shemiki » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:55 am

OOC: Just so you guys have an idea, the Shemienese fleet within the Sea of Natan consists of two carrier strike groups.

IC: 30 August 0700

Politicians never take it upon themselves to prevent anything. They always wait for something bad to happen, and only then do they make sure it never happens again. King Théodore had formed this opinion from his earliest dealings with the Shemienese House of Commons, and now the situation in the United States of Natan was serving to reinforce it more than ever. Under Shemienese law, the King is the supreme commander of the armed forces; however, the House of Commons must declare war in order for the King to have the entirety of the armed forces at his disposal. Otherwise, he can only use what the House has allocated to him. Because of this flawed system, Théodore had had his hands tied while his fleet in the Sea of Natan was boxed in by a Nonus-Frankish blockade of superior strength. The ruling Shemiki Party, despite having a strong majority of 135 in the 201-seat House, was convinced by slipping poll numbers that provoking a war would be unpopular with voters and so refused to take action. Of course, now that a Shemienese fleet was trapped in a foreign sea, the poll numbers had slipped far lower than they would have at the outbreak of war. This led to a complete reversal of the House’s position, and at 1818 on 29 August the House voted 189-11 to declare a state of war and turn over control of the entire military to King Théodore. This was great and all, but now King Théodore had the difficult task of extracting his fleet from behind the blockade while still ensuring the success of Ronald Sepsis’ independence movement, a task that would have been a lot easier had he had control of the fleet before it had been trapped.

First off, King Théodore knew diplomacy would be his greatest asset. In this difficult time, it wouldn’t hurt to give himself some breathing room. He first sent off a heavily-encrypted communiqué to Admiral Genda of the Imperial Japanese Naval Fleet, not yet aware of the political upheaval that was taking place in the JPS. He wanted to be sure he had military support should he need it.

To: Admiral Genda

Encryption: High

My dear admiral,

It seems a great opportunity had presented itself to us. The Nonus-Frankish blockade, in trapping the Shemienese fleet within the Sea of Natan, has in fact placed itself at great peril. If the Shemienese fleet attempts to break out from the Sea of Natan, and your Imperial Japanese Fleet comes in from the other side, the Nonus-Frankish blockade will be crushed between our two forces with relative ease, allowing for us to aid Mr. Sepsis without further hindrance. I am also able to send reinforcements from Shemiki to rendezvous with your fleet to increase our attack from that side if you so desire it. If diplomatic attempts to get the Nonus and Franks to stand down fail, I suggest we coordinate our attack for maximum effect. I shall, of course, attempt to secure peace first in order to ensure these actions are not necessary, but should they become necessary we should be ready.

Sincerely,

King Théodore

Théodore’s second message was to Frankish Provence. The country was an ally of Shemiki’s, and he did not wish to see that friendship be destroyed.

To: President de Gaulle

My dear friend,

I express my deepest condolences for the Frankish lives lost in Flight 1904. You should know that Shemiki condemns the attack, and while we support the independence movement of Mr. Sepsis we fully intend to bring to justice the perpetrator who shot down the plane. His actions cannot be justified, and we intend to see him hang; I promise you that he will. If you wish to aid us in our endeavour, you are fully welcome. Please do not let this incident get in the way of the special relationship between our two nations. Let us not raise up arms against each other. Please cease the blockade you have risen against us.

Sincerely,

King Théodore

Théodore’s last message was to Jessica Zoidberg of the Nonus. He wished to, as John Lennon would say, give peace a chance.

To: Cabinet President Jessica Zoidberg

Madame the Cabinet President,

It seems we are soon to take up arms against each other, despite having no grievance with each other. Our only connection runs through Natan, in that you are his ally and we are his adversary. I understand your position: your ally has asked you for help in suppressing a rebellion, and you cannot deny his request for aid, and you cannot let him be attacked by an enemy such as ourselves. Perhaps we should reconsider the situation. You must agree that, despite the condemnations of the World Assembly, the secessions of the states that are following Mr. Sepsis do hold a certain degree of legitimacy, in that they have been effected by elected state legislatures. Therefore, I have a compromise that I suspect you may find acceptable. Even President Nicole Gross and Mr. Ronald Sepsis, if they truly do believe in democracy, should not object. Before we aim to kill each other, why not lay down our arms, and instead allow each state that has seceded from the United States of Natan to hold a referendum on the matter? World Assembly observers could verify that the referendums are open and not being meddled with. Any states that truly do express their desire to leave the USN as a result of the referendums should be able to do so. After all, I’m sure you can agree it is immoral to force people to remain under a government they do not agree with to the point that they were willing to provoke armed rebellion.

I pray you consider this proposal carefully, as it may prevent a grievous war.

Sincerely,

King Théodore

With all his communications done, King Théodore began organizing Shemienese reinforcements while he waited for replies.

The Novemics
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Novemics » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Cabinet Committee for National Security conference room, Daietto House, Iyagure

Cabinet President Jessica Zoidberg looked over the latest reports from the blockade lines. She saw that the Shemienese carrier strike groups were still in the small area of the Sea of Natan where they could be relatively safe from Nonus and Frankish Typhoons enforcing the no-fly zone, and the Nonus submarines that patrolling the Sea. The JPS fleet was still holding its position over 10 km from the blockade. And the Sleetavian sub wolfpack was still being searched for by the Nonus wolfpack Jūsu, with the Foreign Ministry still trying to get any foreign fleets save for Shemiki being boxed in by the Nonus-Frankish fleet out of the Sea of Natan. But various nations kept trying to enter the Sea of Natan to intervene in the USN.

Shemiki's two carrier strike groups each had an aircraft carrier, as well as each having smaller capital ships to provide escort, and several landing craft that landed in Cardin several weeks ago. Shemienese marines and army were busy aiding Sepsis and his secessionists, contributing to the refugee situation and stand off on the continent. So far, there haven't been reports of USN troops and Shemienese troops fighting each other directly, but there have been several small dogfights and naval gun exchanges in the straight that divides Natan geographically.

This conflict has been at an impasse since the blockade went into effect, but at least fleets from other nations have not engaged directly in the conflict. Other foreign fleets and ground forces have been prevented from entering, but diplomatic talks to actually get Shemiki to withdraw have gotten nowhere. But a communique from the last person Jessica Zoidberg expected indicated a possibility of talks. "Ladies and gentlemen, the King of Shemiki has sent me a secret message. It was collected by Overseas Intel an hour ago. It asks that our government support and encourage the Natanians to have referendums in the seceded states to validate the secessionist movement and perhaps end the civil war. Of course, this would mean that Sepsis and his secessionist supporters would be given democratic legitimacy." stated CP Zoidberg.

"Natan would never support something like this, and they would fight Shemiki all the way to their lands in order to punish them for such a suggestion." replied Foreign Minister Vikaunto. "It is politically impossible. And the USN would be very displeased with us if we even asked their thoughts on this. The secessionist governments are getting their support from right wing militias, disgruntled former USN military officers and soldiers, and quasi-fascist groups, not the majority of ordinary Natanians."

"Ma'am, the House of Commons of Shemiki have declared war on the United States of Natan. This means that the King of Shemiki has a blank check and full control of their military forces. They may try to breakout their forces by joining with the JPS." stated UDC Advisory Group Chair Air Marshal Dover. "It was the most likely scenario following the declaration of war. If they attack the blockade lines, this would bring the Novemics and Provence into war with Shemiki."

"Madam Cabinet President, the Missile Forces could target the Shemienese fleet with the non-nuclear anti-ship ballistic missiles. We could attack their larger ships, both the JPS and Shemiki's carriers, if they attacked the blockade. Then another battle group of destroyers could be dispatched within an hour. The previous one was still under refueling, but we have another one ready to go. They could engage the smaller ships. Plus, the defeat of the JPS and Sheminese fleets would make them reconsider fighting further. Our ASBM defensive umbrella would make enemy reinforcements take a high risk in traveling here. " stated Acting Defense Minister Naruto Maikeruzu, who recently replaced the former Defense Minister who resigned due to a sudden major health issue. He was the former Deputy Defense Minister. "The UDC Missile Forces Commander, Rear Admiral Burian'na Kābā, told me about utilizing the defensive umbrella to significantly limit the JPS and Sheminese fleets here in the Sea."

"All right, I have an update to the standing order of rules of engagement and tactical usage of the ASBMs: have missiles ready to hit the carriers of the Shemienese fleet if they attack the blockade. The same still applies to the JPS for their carriers, landing ships, and now their battleships." ordered Jessica Zoidberg, who was using her Commander-in-Chief of the Crowned Commonwealth Defense Forces (CINC ComDef) powers. "Minister Vikaunto, please get the State Department of Natan, I need to talk with President Gross in person. And tell His Royal Shemienese Majesty that "...we are already pursing all avenues of a peaceful resolution. But a series of referendums is a politically toxic idea. Perhaps we can have a peace summit of all nations involved directly. The Nonus, The Natanians, The Franks, and the Shemienese.""

The Novemics
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Novemics » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:52 am

OOC: I got word from Natan that he is going on vacation for a week, so we should post things that don't dramatically advance the plot too quickly. Perhaps go into each of your nation's thoughts on the Civil War and blockade.

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:29 am

Imperial Japanese Fleet, 10 KM from Nonus-Frankish blockade

Admiral Genda sighed, he had moved from the bridge to the ship's CIC room looking over a holographically projected map of the area, Japanese sonar was finely tuned to allow for it to pick up most things in the sea, even just barely old shipwrecks, he watched while the Nonus submarine packs and the Sleetavian played a sort of game of hide and seek, he was of course already aware of an anti-ship missile battery nearby which threatened his fleet if he decided to go through with the orders given by the Regents instead of the Shogun, like all others in the fleet he had no idea what to do at all, if he went through with it there was a good chance his own fleet would be completely or mostly destroyed. But what he was more concerned with more than anything was what was happening on the mainland, receiving two conflicting orders, one a few hours after the other, he would have a chance to get all the answers to his questions, a destroyer was approaching from the fleet's 6'oclock and it was thankfully Japanese. "Sir, new surface contact to our rear, observers say it's a destroyer bearing the flag of Regent Takatsukasa!" Genda watched while the destroyer entered the area of which the holographic map showed with a smile on his face. "Direct them to the Kii, I'll meet her up on deck." Admiral Genda left the CIC, passing through the long steel corridors of the ship it took him almost as long as it did for the Yamagumo VI destroyer to moor itself at the Kii's side and get a small bridge set up to allow for the Regent to reach the ship.

"Lady Takatsukasa!" Admiral Genda yelled quickly getting to the small bridge helping her aboard the Kii. "Ma'am you know I mean no disrespect but what the hell is going on in the mainland! I've received two orders, one from the Shogun to allow for you and some of the Imperial guard to use a Tsushima class Gunboat, I already had it prepared for you... My other order was to arrest the Shogun if she had arrived." Admiral Genda said while he escorted the Regent away from a small crowd of sailors of whom came to see her. "I'm here in place of the Shogun, Admiral. A war has broken out between brothers and sisters on our mainland, the regents. Myself excluded would throw us into a war we cannot win, a war that would put the homeland at risk. We cannot allow for this, peace must be maintained for the preservation of our homeland, our culture and our people. You are to prevent any attack from IJN units taking orders from the other Regents while I go to the Nonus fleet and meet with their leaders." Admiral Genda didn't like the sound of any of what Regent Takatsukasa was saying, a civil war in Japan? Did the fools think they were fighting during the satsushima rebellion? "Yes ma'am, I will start deployment of CAPs and your disarmed gunboat is waiting for you."

Kyoko smiled and though it wasn't orthodox to do so, she hugged the Admiral quickly. "Thank you Ito. Our ships, soldiers and equipment are critical to the Empire's survival. We can't lose them. Keep the Empire safe for me should I fail." Admiral Genda smiled hugging the Regent. "I will ma'am." He let go of the regent directing her to her Gunboat of which her guards had already gotten ready with a white flag. "Be careful ma'am." Genda said helping Kyoko down onto the boat. "Thank you, Admiral. I shall return when my job is done." Admiral Genda saluted the regent while the boat slowly accelerated away from the Kii and moments later a sailor ran to the Admiral saluting him. "Admiral Genda, we've news that a majority of our fleet aside from the Kii, the Osumi, Takao, and Okuma are to return to Mainland Japan. Orders from the Shogun." Admiral Genda watched while the Tsushima-class gunboat slowly made it's way towards the Nonus, Frankish fleet with a white flag raised.

"Tell command their orders have been received, inform Admiral Nagumo of the new orders." Admiral Genda said turning to the sailor behind him. "Yes sir!" The sailor bowed his head and turned to leave. "But before that, send an open communication to the Nonus fleet. Inform them, of Lady Takatsukasa's intentions on the gunboat and tell them she is coming in place of the Shogun." The sailor turned back around to the admiral and bowed his head again. "Yes sir!" Finally the sailor left to do so while Admiral Genda watched the boat sail to the Nonus, Frankish fleet.

Communication directly from the Commander of the Imperial Japanese Fleet, Admiral Ito Genda to Nonus-Frankish Fleet commander

Regent Takatsukasa is coming to your fleet to meet with your leaders for a peace conference, sanctioned by the Shogun, Mitsurugi Meiya herself. Do NOT fire. I repeat. DO NOT fire on the Tsushima-class gunboat coming your way.

After the communication was sent, another was sent to the rest of the Japanese fleet informing them of their new orders and that the Osumi-class TSF landing ships Osumi, Takao, and Okuma were to remain with the flagship Kii. Minutes afterwards the Japanese fleet aside from the ships specified had begun leaving the area with the Kii, Osumi, Takao and Okuma all that remained in the area.
Last edited by Japan and Pacific States on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:39 am

The Novemics wrote:OOC: I got word from Natan that he is going on vacation for a week, so we should post things that don't dramatically advance the plot too quickly. Perhaps go into each of your nation's thoughts on the Civil War and blockade.

OOC: I intended to switch my posts here in a bit over to the civil war on the Japanese mainland.

Sleet Clans
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sleet Clans » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:08 am

OOC: I'm going to start getting back into this. It appears I've missed quite a bit. Oh, and I'll focus on internal stuff for now

IC: Resne Geweha could only wipe the sweat from his forehead as he looked on at the various reports coming in from various military units and intelligence networks. The situation in the Natan Sea appeared to be at a near stalemate, although reports had come in from the 4th Fleet en route that they suspected that Commondore Vandos's wolfpack was still skirting around the shadow zone in an attempt to throw off sonar pings. From the way that the 'pack hadn't shown up on the Sleetavian's own sensors for hours now, that appeared to be the case. Then, there were the reports of even more countries arriving into the situation. The Tobiasians? The Shemienese? How many more were going to stick into this conflict before it all came to a boil?

If that wasn't enough, he had also gotten word from intelligence sources within the Japanese Empire stating that the 'Regents' had taken over several installations and were intending to get Japan into a war with everybody...including Sleetavia. If the Japanese really did go ahead and declare war upon all parties involved in this conflict, he knew Japan couldn't beat them all off. The Empire would be too divided over the Regents to bring their full might towards the Novemics, Sleetavians, and everybody else. It would be the fall of the Rising Sun.

Resne knew that the Japanese - not the Regents - needed support in order to prevent the conflict from escalating into a full blown war between nations. If the Regents were to be...taken out, it would mean the Japanese Shogun or someone of similar standing could take charge of the country. It would be a textbook counter coup, and it would also mean that a war would be prevented. Even now, there appeared to be a Tsushima-class gunboat approaching the fleet unhindered. Resne could only assume that it was carrying some sort of representative of Japan. That was good, it meant that perhaps this little stand off could finally boil down harmlessly...unless someone did something stupid, and if Resne knew Murphey, that could happen here.

He could only hope that Vandos was keeping his head in all of this...
Last edited by Sleet Clans on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Ushije e Vuani"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents