NATION

PASSWORD

CAS Canon Official IC (CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiong Hoa
Secretary

Founded: Jan 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiong Hoa » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:00 am

Qiantang, Chekiang

"Hello and Good morning, this is Song Pulyi of Qiantang Radio, your trusted news source since 1963. Today is a beautiful day in Qiantang, sunny and 21 degrees Celsius. Before we begin our scheduled news broadcast, we would like to give a brief moment to acknowledge our sponsors."

"I'm sorry, but we have just been informed of breaking news: Vietnamese terrorists have set of explosives in Hanoi, killing dozens with bombs containing dangerous chemicals. The Federal Government and the State of Kuangsai have both declared a state of emergency inside the Hanoi area, with the regular Army and Kuangsai Army Corps being deployed to quell future terrorist acts. In an emergency briefing, President Kuang has stated that "[his] thoughts and prayers are with those who had lost loved ones in this incident. The transition of the counties surrounding Hanoi is still feasible, however, the transition will not be one of violent breakaway, rather peaceful transition towards the destiny the people of the area want." The President has also signed Presidential Command number 765, which authorizes a referendum to determine the fate of the Hanoi area on June 1st, 2000. In such a referendum, according to the President's Head Advisor, the people of the Hanoi area will be given the options to remain in the Tiong Hoanese Republic, become an independent state, or unify with the Vietnamese nation-state to their south. In the mean time, a small military presence will be maintained in the area to ensure that law and order is upheld, and to ensure a peaceful transition of power, should the people of Hanoi choose to leave the Republic and unify with Vietnam."

"And now, a word from our sponsors:"

"Since we got started in 1974, Tsingtau Corporation has been helping you build your future., whether it's in the for, of a house, factory, or shop. If you need help with making your construction dreams a reality, give us a call and let us work our magic. Tsingtau Corporation: building your future since 1974."

"And welcome back to Qiantang Radio, our major story of the day is financing. The Federal Government has announced that it will begin constructing its 2001 Budget, as well as revisions to the tax system. According to several Chekiangese Representatives, the Federal Government is hoping for at least one trillion Yuan in revenue, and will aim to lower income taxes to a currently undeterminable amount. The 2001 Budget will be closely modeled after that of the 2000 Budget, albeit with some modifications to percentages, most notably the cuts authorized by the Tiong Hoanese Healthcare Act signed into law earlier in the year. Additionally, spending towards infrastructure, energy, and education will be increased in next year's budget percentage wise, whereas the defense budget may see a minor cut in percentage to fuel development of infrastructure. At the moment, the only departments that will remain unaffected percentage wise are those pertaining to administration, foreign affairs, and the Federal Reserve, although this is subject to possible change in upcoming months. The states, on the other hand, are advised by the federal government to begin developing their budgets soon as well, although state level budgets are subject to greater change, as the states see fit."

"In other news, in regards to legislation, the Governor of Chekiang, Zheng Diaoping, has challenged the Federal Government to begin enacting environmental reforms. Mr. Diaoping, in a press conference outside the Governor's Mansion in Qiantang, has stated that "the protection of our environment is not only crucial to protecting who we are as a society, yet also ensures the accessibility of resources of our nation's for the generations of the future." The Federal Government, in recent days, has announced intentions to introduce legislation favoring water recycling technologies, crop rotating techniques, and more efficient waste disposal methods to crack down on pollution. Fu Chow, the Representative for Chekiang's Second District, stated that "The Federal Government will aim to enact pro-environmental policies before the conclusion of the summer season of this year." Of course, the State of Chekiang has been at the forefront of the green movement for quite some time now, enacting anti-pollution policies and other green policies, and now it's only a matter of time before the Federal Government, as well as the other states that have not yet caught up on the race to be green, follow suit and enact similar legislation."

"In our last segment of news, we cover infrastructure. The Federal Government has announced that a series of renovations would be undertaken to the ports of Tiong Hoa, most notably the port cities of Tsingtau, Qiantang, Hong Kong, Macau, Maokong, and Tianjing, as well as the other 28 major ports along Tiong Hoa's shores. Each port city being renovated, according to the Federal Government, has been pledged a grant of 100 million Yuan for renovations, and states have been asked to match federal investments. Overall, the majority of the projects are expected to be completed by the end of year, and all by this time next year, and cost 7 billion Yuan, assuming that the States agree to match federal investment. Besides the ports, the Federal Government has also announced that the Grand Canal, following the conclusion of the Zhangxiao Festival, would be modernized to revitalize the canal as a domestic shipping route, while maintaining the cultural importance of the ancient marvel of infrastructure. Overall, the revitalization is projected to cost upwards of one billion Yuan, and being pushed for completion in time for the Zhangxiao Festival next year, as to not disrupt the Festival."

"That is all for today's broadcast. Stay tuned tomorrow, when we bring you the latest news. I'm Song Pulyi of Qiantang Radio, signing off. And now, back to the music."

[As Song finishes the last segment, his voice fades and a musical marathon begins on air.]
Make America Great Again!

- Male
- New Yorker
- Christian, Conservative, and Patriot

Tahitoa
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tahitoa » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:11 pm

May 2, 2000
Caracas, Venezuela
Miraflores Palace

"I call this meeting of the General's Command to order.” declares General Rodriguez, interrupting the statement with a cough, “Supreme High General Duterte, please read this meeting's agenda."

Duterte, flipping through a small packet of papers, reads, “First off, we need to discuss the United Nations sanctions. Then there is the conference with the American Continental Accords. After that we need to organize the May 17th military parade. And of course there’s the matter of the recent terrorist incident by the Guyanese.”

“Chief Rosaria, you have the floor to discuss the effects on industry from the sanctions,” says Rodriguez.

“Thank you, Ultra Supreme High General,” Rosaria stands up to address the table, holding a briefing from the National Industrial Committee, “The tariffs are a minor concern. We’ve loosened some regulations to make up for them, mostly labor and environmental standards. There has been some backlash by the Chavistas in the NIC, but generally the measures have large support. As for the personal attacks on us as individuals, to be frank we’re not happy. As a representative of the NIC, I was the only member of this Junta to not vote in favor of the ultimatum, yet myself and those I represent are the ones who face the greatest international backlash. The NIC has asked me to bring up the possibility of changing the Venezuelan policy on Esequiba to the Junta. I propose that we enter bilateral talks with Guyana to create a mutually agreeable situation in Esequiba.”

“Does anyone second this motion?” asks Rodriguez. Silence hangs in the room. Rodriguez shrugs, “Without a second there will be no vote on your proposal.”

“To be frank,” says Duterte, “This committee finds the current situation in Esequiba acceptable. We’re only half a month away from completing the transition. The personal effects on the NIC are regrettable, but not of concern to this Junta.”

“With all due respect, the NIC finds the current situation unacceptable, General,” Rosaria shoots back.

“If it makes you feel any better,” says Savaro, before Duterte can respond, “I’d be willing to divert a portion of my *ahem* salary to you personally, Maria, to compensate for your financial losses.”

“Thank you, Augusto,” Maria forces a smile, “But I wouldn’t be comfortable accepting such an arrangement.”

“It really is no trouble for me. My mother was a Bolivar, after all.” Savaro smiles back, “Besides, I like to maintain friendships with my colleagues. And it would only be just enough to ensure your current standards of living can be maintained. You wouldn’t even have to pay me back.”

Rosaria nods skeptically, “Alright, I suppose that is acceptable.” The members of the Junta glanced at one another uneasily, sure that this was a move in some larger scheme.

“Continuing,” announces Duterte, breaking the silence, “Next in our agenda is the conference with the ACA. We’ve yet to hear back from them, but judging by the fact they haven’t attacked us, I believe it is safe to assume that they have accepted our terms. Or in the very least have no plan to invade us for the time being.”

“I believe the status quo is acceptable for now,” says Vazquez, “Wait for a response and organize a delegation.”

Rodriguez nods, “That seems acceptable. Are there any proposals contrary to the status quo?”

When no one speaks, Duterte continues, “As for the military parade, the current plan is to have the parade the day that the 30 Day agreement is completed. It will begin in Bolivar Square, and then march to Miraflores Palace. From a balcony, Ultra Supreme High General Rodriguez will give a speech, ordering the military to march into Esequiba.”

“Who will be invited? The entire Treaty of Caracas Organization?” asks Allenda, removing the cigar from his mouth for a moment.

“That is the plan,” Duterte replies, “We will also be inviting a handful of other states that have an interest in the future of our international organization. Afterward, we plan on beginning talks to bring them into the fold, as well as creating a more formal structure for the organization.”

Duterte turns to the last page of the packet, and looks up, “The final issue on our agenda today is the recent attack by the Children of Guyana.”

“Lets just kill ‘em,” remarks Allenda, puffing his usual cigar, “Just break the agreement. My men can root them out.”

“I don’t believe that’s a wise course of action with American troops on our borders,” Savaro responds from across the table, “However, I believe I can make the problem go away without violating the treaty if granted the authority to do so.”

Duterte cocks an eyebrow, “Elaborate, please.”

“In the past I’ve had some success with a classified police program. I have a group of officers who have experience working in secret, such as infiltrating anti-government groups while undercover. Officially, they’re called the Venezuelan Counter Intelligence Taskforce. Or as we usually call them, Contras. I have faith that if the Junta extends my authority to operate the Contras in Esequiba I can root out the rebellion.”

“So you’re basically proposing to send in your secret police?” asks Sanchez.

“They could just destabilize the region, and make things worse,” adds Rosaria.

“Does anyone have any better solutions?” asks Savaro, “The military isn’t an option for a few more weeks, as occupation would clearly interfere with resettlement. I will refrain from interfering with the resettlement, simply investigating and detaining suspected members of the Children of Guyana. We already have police operating in Guyana as part of the transition, so this is not a deviation from the status quo. Is that acceptable to everyone?”

After a short vote, Savaro is unanimously given authority to begin Counter Intelligence in Esequiba. The meeting is then adjourned.

OOC Info

- Venezuela invites delegations from the USCA, Uruguay, and Esperanza to Caracas for a military parade and conference scheduled for May 17th, the day that the transition in Esequiba ends.

- Venezuelan Contras (Counterintelligence / Secret Police) begin operating secretly in Esequiba. For the time being, they are given orders to only exercise authority in areas under Venezuelan administration and not in areas that are yet to transition out of Guyanese authority.

- To clarify the specifics of what is going on in Esequiba: Esequiba is considered under Venezuelan sovereignty. Venezuelan civilian authorities, such as the police, are currently transitioning with their Guyanese equivalents. Some areas of the province are being administered by the Venezuelans and some by the Guyanese. At this point the transition would be around 50% complete, meaning that about half of Esequiba is under Venezuelan administration. Guyanese can pass across the border into Guyana proper freely as requested by their Prime Minister. There is currently no real military presence in Esequiba to ensure that the transition is smooth. However, 5 Divisions of the Venezuelan Immortal Guard (National Guard) have been given orders to move into Esequiba immediately should any other power attempt to occupy it.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nieblham » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 am

"Hello and welcome to the Mike Sazh report," Mike Sash stated, "this is the no spin zone. Our first story tonight takes us to Hanoi in Tiong Hoa which saw an attack by the terrorist group LIV. The Nehru administration has offered their sympathies and support to our close ally. The two countries have promised to work together to track down the LIV with Tiong Hoa taking charge of the investigation. The two have also invited SEU and Vietnam to aid and assist in investigating the LIV."
The camera changed to a meeting between the head of the Modernization Coalition and the Head of the Nieblhami Sonacist party.
"In an effort to grow, despite losing the 1999 election, the Modernization Coalition has accepted the dirty sonacists into their coalition." Mike Sazh reported, "The sonacists made great strides in the 1999 election winning many local and state wide seats in Eluut, Elfheim, Ebot, Foresta, and Fabul. In an effort to capture those voters the Modernization Coalition has sunk low enough to support Sonacists."
The camera changed to a montage of different men in suits speaking
"Speaking of politicians it's primary season for the Asian Parliament. The primary will last from May to August as many candidates run in their districts to represent Nieblham in the EACPU. The last election in 1995 saw conservatives take control of the EACPU due to a win against the Modernization Coalition. The MC is greatly hoping to reinvigorate voters and take back the Asian Parliament."

Mes
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

FNN (Fake News Network)

Postby Mes » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:20 pm

After a close bilateral relationship that Japan has enjoyed with Venezuela for more than 50 years, the Land of the Rising Sun is contemplating to resume commercial projects in Venezuela but however, the recent events taken place in Venezuela has dissuaded investments and bilateral trade. As a result, the Imperial Japanese government is concerned about the state of Venezuela. The state of Nippon calls for the international community to resolve the situation of Venezuela peacefully and avoid military conflicts at all cost. The sanctions posed onto the state of Venezuela has already hurt the economy and the Japanese investments in the country. The conflict over the region will only hurt Venezuelans. The state of Nippon has not sanctioned the state of Venezuela as of yet in regards to the UN issued sanction.

In other news, the Imperial Nippon government approved the purchases of arms from the state of Stadacona and military officers from Stadacona have arrived in Nippon in order to exchange military intelligence on the pieces of equipment.

The Imperial delegate meeting the Venezuelan claimant

(OOC- Secret IC information) The Imperial delegate of Nippon met Augusto Savaro-Bolivar the claimant and the claimant expressed hopes to have an Absolute monarchy within Venezuela. The claimant is very happy to hear that and hopes to work closely with the Japanese gov't. The claimant is also interested in keeping the peace in Venezuela and hopes with Japanese investments that would be rendered possible.
Last edited by Mes on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senate of the United Nations
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Senate of the United Nations » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:25 pm

May 6th 2000
Jerusalem, Osphen
UN HQ

The UN General Assembly had finished a vote to put together an international investigation team to investigate the causes of the civil war in Bornu that will report directly to the United Nation's Security council with their findings. The Investigation team will perform the following
1. To interview locals in refugee camps and give out aid if need be with combined efforts with the AF and UN Peace Keeping corp.

2. To question or interrogate military officials on both sides of the conflict

3. To have investigators attempt to identify any acts that would violate codes of War set up by the UN SC.

4. To see that soldiers on both sides are conducting war in a manor that does not violate war crimes treaties set forth by the UNSC

5. To investigate PMC involvement in the region to see if there is any malpractice on either side.

Goal is to determine if allegations by the East Bornese leaders hold weight and to possibly prosecute West Bornese officials via war crimes court in the country of Kenya.

Duration: Investigation is scheduled to run from whenever it gets approved up until 2 years.

Lead by Michael Brown, part of the LOTUS humanitarian aid division of the Stadaconan Special Forces and co-led by any other leader that the GA votes on.

Nieblham, Hespero-Belkia, the Balkan Federation, and Stadacona have all co-sponsored a bill in the General Assembly to recognize Vietnam as a UN member upon it's request.
(OOC note VOTE ON DISCORD NOT ON SKYPE, IF unable to vote on Discord TG this nation).

Bering
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bering » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Square House
Insomnia, Fabul, Nieblham
May 7th 2000, 15:00 NST

Neta Badaal Nehru welcomed President Hall into the Neta’s office. This was the first meeting Neta Badaal had had with a western power. “Welcome to the city that never sleeps, I hope your trip wasn’t too awful.” the Neta asked in English as he shook the President's hand.

Hall returned the shake as he responded to the Neta. “Well, it was a long flight, but not a particularly hard one. But all the same, I am just happy to be on solid land once more. I thank you for having us.”

The Neta sat down behind his oak desk, a historical desk used by the Neta of the Pacific War. “In this ever changing world, I’d like to see LEN and the Pacific 5 move to have a stronger relationship, do you think such a thing is possible?” The Neta asked

Hall took the seat opposite the Neta and considered the man’s words. “Well, I cannot speak for LEN, only for the British Republic. However, what I can tell you is that I am interested in deepening ties with the Pacific nations and I am sure I am not the only leader of a LEN nation to feel that way.”

The Neta nodded, “of course nor can I speak for the entire Pacific 5, perhaps a meeting between the two alliances might ease global tensions and result in better cooperation between the two?”

“I can talk to the LEN leadership and other European leaders when I return to see if such a meeting is possible.” Hall offered. “But perhaps we can discuss how our two nations can become closer.”

“Well you do have a military base in Goland, perhaps a base in Greenland?” the Neta asked jokingly, “Short of renewing our military alliances, perhaps we can offer each other some olive branches. As you are aware of the Pacific 5 has pledged to reduce our nuclear stockpiles by 25% by 2005, Nieblham is moving faster planning on reducing 300 warheads to a 120 warheads by 2005. Could Britain agree to reduce their nuclear warheads?”

Hall considered the gesture, “I cannot make any promises, but I can agree that a shrinking of the total nuclear arsenal would be an optimal conclusion. At the very least I can count on the Common Wealth and Unionist Parties to support such an action.”

“This could be something the two alliances speak more about when, if,” The Neta corrected himself, “meet. Do you have any ideas for how our nations can become closer?”

“Perhaps shared war games or a joint military op somewhere.” Hall offered.

“Goland is a perfect island to perform ground based and air based military exercises.” The Neta explained, “we already have RIMPAC for sea based missions.”

“Indeed perhaps some joint training between our paratrooper units as I understand your nation is seeking to turn your own into a helicopter delivered force. Our own units have undergone similar methods in the previous decade.” Hall offered.

“That would be splendid,” The Neta said, “Perhaps you could show us some of your different helicopter transports to the CAL, our main military aeronautics company?”

Hall pondered the request, “I am not opposed to such a measure, no. I shall recommend we include a few of our own aeronautic specialists accompany the exercise unit.”

“We’ll let the generals plan out a date.” The Neta said, “Now from military to trade, unlike the EACPU most of your economics is in the hands of the European Federation correct?”

“Yes, a common market between developed nations requires a common economic plan to prevent any one nation from abusing its privileges.” Hall said.

“That is smart,” The Neta stated, “but perhaps it is time for the EACPU and EF to work to strive to make an agreement between the two organizations that can help the whole world prosper. As we believe in the EACPU if our neighbors prosper so do we.”

“The EF generally views the matter similarly, hence the formation of the European Federation. It was instrumental in helping Europe stabilize in the post second world war period. Well, helped some nations.” Hall said.

“Do you think it’d be possibly for each bloc to send 3 representatives to meet and maybe make out an agreement to strengthen economic ties between the two blocks?” The Neta insquited

Hall leaned back in his seat as he considered the question. Considering the general sentiment among several European leaders, Hall considered it unlikely, but it was not his place to speak for the group. “I will speak to the EF’s leadership on such a proposal and give it my personal blessing to go forward.”

The Neta smiled, “and I will do the same with the EACPU. I’m sure most nations will agree.”

“I understand you have also been seeking aid for Vietnam. I was wondering if you would look favorably on Britain sending aid in the form of medical specialists, medical supplies and other essential goods to help. We would send troops, but we fear spreading ourselves too thin.”

The Neta nodded, “I’m sure the new Vietnamese government would be happy to receive such gifts, though it will ultimately be up to them. They have already accepted multiple UN missions so I would assume they would accept these supplies as well.”

“I will speak to their government when I visit their nation later this month.” Hall said before looking at the clock. “I suppose the vultures need to be fed, the press and The Moderate[/i[ awaits.”

The Neta laughed and stood up from his chair.

-----------------

In the Square House press meeting room the Neta and the President each stood at their own podium. The Neta chose the first politician from CNBC. The journalist stood up and asked, “President Hall why has waited more than a month to respond to the Armenian Crisis? By all principles of LEN the TI has broken them.”

Hall smiled at the man. “Thank you for the question. The reason we waited to respond was because this is a delicate and multi-faceted issue. We did not wait a month, but rather allowed ourselves time to gather facts and reports that allowed us to gain a clearer understanding of the situation.”

“Meanwhile the war wages on,” The journalist said but the President had already pointed at another journalist. Hall chose Benjamin Wayne of [i]The Times

Wayne turned to the Neta for his question. “Mr. Nehru, I was hoping you could enlighten us as to why you chose British Waterworks for your Kra project? I understand there were several strong competitors, both foreign and domestic, but why did BW appeal to you and your party?”

“Mostly to strengthen relations between Britian and Nieblham, very old allies, and partly to strengthen relations between Europe and Asia.” The Neta replied, “I hope at every turn my administration can bring the major blocs closer together in this ever shrinking world.”

The Neta pointed to a man from XYZ, “There have been rumors from the Shinra Holding Company, now that the main regulation preventing them from investing heavily outside of the EACPU, that they plan on investing in Britain. Will your government allow the SHC to invest in Britain?”

“We welcome all legitimate investment in Britain. If the Shinra Holding Company wishes to invest in the companies of Britain, they are free to do so as long as they comply with British laws.”

Hall decided to follow up by selecting a member of the Nieblhami group, a representative from SNN.
“Stadacona recently sent ships down to the Gulf of Veracruz near the USCA which has increasingly been acting hostile towards Stadacona. If, in the event of a war, the P5 backs the USCA will Britain back Stadacona?” The reporter asked President Hall.

“If Stadacona is attacked, we of the British government have a duty to support them. As I am sure any nation whose ally was attacked would do. And of course we will do whatever we can to prevent such a conflict.”

Hall was about to pick a reporter when he noticed a very familiar face in the crowd. “Peckingham?” He asked, somewhat shocked.

“Yes, thank you.” Peckingham said as he finished his tea. “Mr. Nehru, what do you have to say about your naval team’s poor showing at the recent naval exercise?”

“I was saddened that our Navy’s soccer team lost to Japan.” Nehru stated, “but i’m fully ready to boost the funding needed for Nieblham to take the 2001 RIMPAC soccer tournament. But I did hear the British lost to Korea.”

“Quite, to the champions in a later round.” Peckingham said as his tea cup was refilled. “Furthermore, on a more important topic, what do you have to say about the potential tea shortage that several leading experts have begun predicting?”

Neta Nehru began a cold sweat, “Well, uh, there goes the relationship.” He said jokingly to President Hall, “I’m sure that there will be no shortage as farmers continue to grow tea being a major cash crop in Nieblham.”

“Yes, quite.” Peckingham said. “Mr. Hall, same question.”

Hall sighed.

Maragua
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Maragua » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Preparations for the Copa de Maragua

It may be 5 weeks removed from the first winning goal of the 2000 Maraguan football season, but the thoughts of many are already turning to the opening match of the Copa de Maragua in Porto de Jésus in four weeks time. Certainly many of the countries federations have already, or will be in the next few days, taking decisions with a view to ensuring success when the tournament returns to Maragua. With CD Flacaro having finally shattered the outdated notion that teams have a significant advantage playing in their own city, it is a tournament that could be wide open. Flacaro's recent triumph was the culmination of a decision to overhaul their football infrastructure more than a decade ago.

That revolution in youth development and toward producing more players with a high level of technical skill leaves them in a good stead to looking forward to the Copa de Maragua. The same can't be said for the side they beat in their last encounter. Santa Rosa FC will not only be ruing their team's loss at Boa Vista, but the sense that this could well have been their last opportunity to add to their Copa de Maraguas for some time. Santa Rosa won the Copa de Maragua an incredible five times between 1979 and 1997, but didn't even qualify last time around. Still, young players will ensure that Santa Rosa remains a factor. Having rebuilt their reputation after recent major tournament disasters, despite ultimately exiting meekly, there is reason to think that Santa Rosa will be a factor on home soil in the 2000 Copa de Maragua and beyond.

Neo Rome Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 27, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Neo Rome Republic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Chestnoye Slovo

The Newspaper that has brought the political news to the people of Rusia since the foundation of our noble country.

Breaking News-Nova Rusia's Moscow Mayor Election debates edge on, tight race in the polls, tightest in decades: The candidates Sergey Ivanovich, longtime youth leader and dedicated Sonacist party member, an early 40's freelance engineer. His opponent will be a new political player, a mid 30's local civil servant Aleksey Grozny, are both neck and neck in polls with the local election approaching 4 months. After months of debating both candidates look particularly strong. With the newer Aleksey Grozny pulling a surprising narrow lead of 46% to 45%, considered a rather unusual feat, given Ivanovichs youthful charisma and fame in the National Sonacist Party's local ranks, especially in Moscow, the largest city in Rusia, considered an almost unbreakable stronghold for party favorites. Analysts attribute this to not only Aleksey Grozny's steadfast performance in the debates compared to his opponents, but also his humble demeanor in contrast to his civil servant job, which surprised many. Expecting him to be more "bureaucratic" in his demeanor, being seen by many as the "underdog" while Invanovich is considered a "party favorite" by many. With elections scheduled to begin in a few months, it remains unclear who will emerge victorious in what is considered one of the most competitive elections in years. Even more so for a country where all candidates hold the same basic principles and where elections are considered more "friendly competition" among people of a single side or community, rather than a clash of determined political opponents, as is more expected of multi-party states. With political rating reaching their highest number in decades for the Rusian media. With 5-10 times as many viewers watching the local debate, compared to any of the decades prior. Fundamentally changing the election pattern of Nova Rusia in a way not yet seen in the industrial heartland of Rusia, and even on a national level.

Nova Rusia's Moscow Military Exercises: With Moscow's mayor's term limit coming to an end and the city in one of the most intense political races in decades, excitement continues to come to Moscow with the annual military exercises coming up in a few days. The exercises will be taking place not only as an annual tradition, but also as a show of international friendship with Rusia's neighbors and solidarity with the neighboring Russianic state of Tula to the southwest and the recent instability. In order to show commitment in the fight against terrorism, regardless of the country that such atrocities take place in. Rusian forces will provide near half to up to half the troops for the exercise 35,000, with estimates of the total exercise force reaching well over 70000. In attendance will be President Constantin Maxovich with a few members of the Cabinet, including the Vice President, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Defense, and the military high command. As well as the General Secretary of the National Sonacist Workers Party of Rusia and other key members attending as honored guests and observers, as is part of the tradition. Along with this, the leaders attending and forces taking part visiting from outside the country include Hespero-Belkia, Tula, Vahltunskh, Stadacona, the Balkan Federation, Germany, and Polska. The exercise this year being considered overall average, in terms of number of countries agreeing to take part historically. Reaching a total number of 8 participant nations. President Constantine Maxovich was reported to say this years exercise would be "Crucial" as the training program includes border defense and counter insurgent urban warfare. Stating that "The fight in the 21st century will not be battle between countries, but a battle within. One of terrorism, cunning, and subterfuge. Countries need to be more prepared against this growing threat now more than ever, and such an exercise does exactly that in assuring mutual international strength, preparedness, and increasing security, as well as encouraging heroism in the face of mortal adversity." How the exercises will go and what their effect will be remains to be seen very soon.

Nova Rusia's National Party Congress coming up in a few months: The 5 year National Party Congress is soon to take place in only a few months. Scheduled for mid September the party will discuss new policy changes, vote on new leadership, and debate possible changes to direction, platform, efforts towards solving national, regional, or even local issues facing the Rusian people. The National Sonacist Workers Party of Rusia will reportedly be focusing primarily on international trade and international relations. Seeing the 21st as the "golden gate" to uplift the country and to therefore put in the party a "modern" face and direction. Recognizing tremendous improvements in living standards and economic conditions especially since the 90's, but that such efforts do not match the "full potential" of the country and that it is the Party's responsibility as both the "Guide and Representative" body of civil society to bring the country to its highest possible potential. What implications this will have for the future of the party and the country remains to be seen. But with the potential opportunity so invaluable, no more crucial a congress will likely come this century than the upcoming 8th party congress.
Last edited by Neo Rome Republic on Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethical and Metaphysical: (Pan) Humanist and Naturalist.
Political Views Sum: Centrist on social issues, Market Socialist on economic, and Radical Civic universalist on political governance.
This nation DOES(for most part) represent my OOC views.
''A rich man complaining about regulation and taxes, is like the drunkard at a party, complaining about not having enough to drink.'',

"An empty mind is a mind without a filter, the mind of a gullible fool. A closed mind is the mind unwilling to look at the reality outside its bubble. An open mind is one that is cautious, flexible yet balanced; looking at both the reality and the possibility."
OOC Info Page Pros And Cons Political Ideology

Tiong Hoa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiong Hoa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:45 am

Macau, Tiong Hoa

Jiang edges slowly to the door, his shotgun feeling colder than ice in his hands. He checks his watch, and it reads 3:01 am. Behind him, other policemen disembark their unmarked trucks, silently advancing in the same manner as Jiang. They were as silent as death itself, yet their target was as lively as ever. As they moved into position, the officers made sure to not be seen from the windows of the facility, although it would have been hard to be distracted from the activities occurring within. Their target was the Wangtao Casino, a three story hotspot for mafia activity, yet the City of Macau was unable to shut down the casino due to no illegal activities being blatant. However, with reports from undercover law enforcement detailing illegal firearms dealing and drug dealing, the State of Gentang issued a warrant to at last raid the facility. And raid it, would Jiang and his fellow officers do.

As the clock slowly approached 3:04 in the morning, the police were in position to begin their operation. The second the clock struck 3:05 am, several officers bearing axes smashed the windows open, with officers behind them lobbing canisters of tear gas to pacify any resistance from inside. Then, all hell broke loose as officers equipped with gas masks stormed the facility, heavily armed to deal with any potential resistance. By quarter to three, the whole if the first floor was pacified, and Jiang was instructed to lead the pacification of the remaining two floors. Jiang led several dozen officers up the stairs to the second floor, yet when Jiang went to round the corner, he was greeted with a hail of bullets. Observing from a full length mirror on the opposite wall, he had determined there were three mobsters down the hall, armed with some type of Submachine guns. Jiang waited patiently, distracting the mobsters by occasionally shooting from behind cover, until he heard three clicks from their guns, indicating that they were empty.

Without hesitation, Jiang rounded the corner and returned fire, taking down all three mobsters in a hail of shells. From here, it was safe to advance. Jiang and his fellow officers map over fast, clearing several hallways and rooms before being able to take the third floor of the complex. At this point, the secret was out, and mobsters on the upper floors offered heavy resistance. At the top of the stairwell to the third floor, stood several of them, armed and ready for the police. Jiang noticed this from another mirror in the wall, and temporarily traded his shotgun for a rifle. With covering fire, Jiang poked out from his position and fired into the ceiling, bringing down a beam above the stairwell, which was enough of a distraction for the police to advance up the stairs, gunning down mobsters who tried to resist them from underneath the crushing weight of the beams.

By 3:30, it was over. All three floors were captured, and some 12 mobsters laid dead on the floor, with only two officers being injured in the firefights. 38 mobsters were taken prisoner, mostly from the first floor, and almost two hundred thousand Yuan of contraband were seized. However, the most interesting contraband would have been the drugs seized, as nearly all of them did not seem at all similar to the narcotics normally seized in the area. Nonetheless, a great and impressive victory for law enforcement, as the smoke cleared from downtown Macau.

Three Hours Later...

[As you walk down the streets of Macau, you notice a small crowd gathering around a radio outside a local market square. Curious, you decide to walk over and listen in, as the music fades and a voice begins to speak:]

"Good morning, and welcome to an breaking news broadcast. Police in Macau have launched a raid on the Wangtao Casino in downtown Macau, a den for the illegal activities of the Tiong Hoanese Mafia, commonly referred to as the Triad. In a surprise raid at three in the morning, police forces led by Police Detective Deng Tsong lobbed canisters of tear gas into the facility's first floor, before entering the building to encounter heavily armed mobsters offering significant resistance from the second and third floors of the facility, as the tear gas failed to travel through the ventilation from the first level to the second and third levels of the facility, as law enforcement officials had hoped. Regardless, police gunned down twelve mobsters and apprehend thirty eight gunmen, according Detective Tsong. Additionally, the Macau Police Department seized a large haul of firearms purchased by the mafia off the black market, including around sixty seven assault rifles, forty eight shotguns, thirty five Submachine guns, and several crates of ammunition, all of which were most likely acquired by the mafia through the black market, according to the Macau Police Department. Furthermore, approximately one hundred and seventy thousand Yuan worth of opium, cocaine, and meth inside the den, which police say will be destroyed after a thorough investigation and its roots being traced. However, future findings from the investigation will not be disclosed to the public, but the Police Department has stated that it will offer rewards for those who provide information leading to the arrest of triad members, or leading to future busts of illegal activities. But for now, the city salutes the police for their fine work in insuring public safety. Thank you for your time, and now, back to your regularly scheduled programs."

Detective Deng Tsong lingered on the corner, across the street from the Wangtao Casino. About three hours ago, he led the Macau Police in a surprise raid against the mafia owned casino, which had turned into a suprising success. Across the street, several officers armed with M01s and M98s were loading crates of seized contraband onto a marked truck, of which included illegal firearms and a large quantity of drugs. Nearby, police ambulances and their crews worked diligently to transport injured and dead mobsters out of the area, after being carefully disarmed and secured by police forces. It was a chilly day for the time of year, only twenty four degrees Celsius, with a wind that made it seem only chillier. Detective Tsong, after observing for about five minutes, called a subordinate detective over, Detective Zhang Li, who was recently promoted to the position after his service in the force. "Tell the officers this, Detective Li," Detective Tsong starts; "I want them to start tracing the origins of those drugs and guns as soon as they make it back to the precinct. No lallygagging and no screwing around. We've got to clean up the mafia's mess, and it's going to be cleaned up fast and efficiently. Got it?" Detective Li stood silent for no longer than three seconds, before he replied: "Yes, Detective Tsong. I'll inform the officers right away."

- Male
- New Yorker

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:40 pm

"Hello and welcome to the Mike Sazh Report." Mike Sazh stated as the intro ended, "Our top story tonight is the Shinra Holding Company's FY2000 budget."
The camera cut to this pie chart
"The SHC had a budget of 23.2 billion Gil with more than half of the budget going towards their departments." Mike Sazh stated, "but Shinra is also setting aside 145 million Gil to invest in companies and governments across the EACPU, maybe even outside as well. The SHC has also bought some Nieblhami government bonds in effort to show support for the Kra Canal."
The camera cut to factories owned by SHC subsidiaries
"The SHC has also given out 725 Million Gil in loans to their subsidiaries to help rebuild their factories and help transition them back toward civilian products in the SEU. The loans are also for the businesses to attempt to expand into Vietnam." Mike Sazh reported, "Though the SHC advises businesses to focus on following Vietnamese law and creating jobs for Vietnamese if they do decide to expand."
The camera cut to the Asian Congress in Hanoi, Tiong Hoa
"In other news after weeks of debate the Tariffs on Venezuelan oil proposed by the UFC have passed both houses." Mike Sazh reported, "many UN member states have already raised their own tariffs in response to the actions of Venezuela and now the EACPU is raising the tariffs it collects by a small amount on Venezuelan oil."
The camera changed to a picture of Akshay Kumar
"Eblanmedia and the British Nottingham Studios have teamed up to put together a comedy film staring, Akshay Kumar, Sacha Baron Cohen, Damian Lewis and Priyanka Chopra making her grand depute." Mike Sazh stated, "This is the first time Eblanmedia has moved to make it's own movie outside of Bollywood studios."
Last edited by Nieblham on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bayside
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 28, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bayside » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:27 pm

Traffic Jams Coming to an Area Near You!

A two lane road connecting Victoria to San Miguel and other Urban Areas along the way will see an upgrade. The 334 mile journey takes upto 9 hours and 30 minutes to complete. This road is known as Route 1 or the Coastal Highway.

This roadway is completely paved but in most parts are in poor condition. The road and bridges were built back in the 1930's. All bridges on this route are the original. Route 1 or the Coastal Highway is over 842 miles long and is paved but in poor condition. In urban areas Route is a Freeway or a 4 lanes avenue.

The Bayside Transportation Ministry has announced the Coastal Highway Remodeling. San Miguel to Victoria will be phase 1 of this project and will cost 12 billion Baysidean Dollars. In Urban Areas existing freeways will be upgraded with new roadway and bridges. If urban areas don't have a freeway then it will be built. The rural two lane road and bridges will be upgraded to a freeway.

In urban areas the new Route 1 freeway will have a bus lane in both directions. Plus 6 to 8 lanes (3 to 4 in each direction). Speed limits will be between 55 to 40 mph depending on population density. While in Rural areas there will be a truck lane in both directions in most areas. Plus 4 lanes (2 lanes in each direction). The speed limits will be between 65 mph and 80 mph also depending on population density. There will be rest area with a gas station every 50 miles. Phase 1 of this project will cut Travel times between Victoria and San Miguel from 9 1/2 hours to 6 hours and 40 minutes. Phase 1 has already begun. So expect delays.

Eurocorps
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eurocorps » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Captain Sophia “Ash” Hawthorne - Rapier Team, Eurocorps Battlegroup Alpha
SMSgt. Nina “Bumble Bee” Juliani - Scabbard Unit, Eurocorps Battlegroup Alpha
20km Away From The City of Niamey, Bornu
May 2000

The blades of the Albatross kicked up a large sand cloud as the flying abomination slowly touched down on the ground, with the cargo doors opening and two beige colored IFAVs drove slowly out with three soldiers running out in tow. Rapier team were dressed in tan and grey uniforms and matching scarfs with goggles to prevent sand from catching up in their eyes. Ash made sure the rest of the squad ran out before going back into the Albatross and talked to the pilot.

“Bumble Bee! We’ll rendezvous with you at the ez!” She patted Bumble Bee on the shoulder and BB gave her a thumbs up in return as Ash ran back out of the helicopter, covering her face as the bay doors closed and the large helicopter took off and headed back to a Congolese airfield a couple of kilometers away it’s border with Bornu. Ash got into one of the IFAVs, sitting alongside Jaeger as she took out her radio and began to relay everyone else instructions.

“So what’s the plan Ash? We picking up this informant or no?” Lilith’s mic picked up as she sat in the back of their truck, her L2A3 hidden underneath the sand patterned poncho.

“Our job is to pick up an informant by the name of Guwala Mugabe, but we aren’t taking him straight back to the ez. Lilith you’re going to work your magic on him and try to pry whatever you can from him before we even think about taking this guy in.” She looked at her watch, “our insider should’ve been able to get a hold of him and they should be in the guy’s safehouse by now. Marteau once we get there I want you to run radio interference and jam any sort of communications running through a good 5 kilometer radius from the house.”

“If the radar equipment is in the back, I should have everything up and running in just a few minutes.” He spoke from the back of the truck, checking the items under the burlap tarp, “yep everything is all set.”

“Good, meanwhile I want Archer and Jaeger on Overwatch, keep an eye out for government agents and PMCs… Speaking of which Pagan you want to fill us in on those?”

“Gladly.” Pagan took out a small dossier and examined it, all the data was recovered and assembled by him. “Alright so we have two major players in this war, “Death Watch” which are an Esperanzan PMC outfit that are on the gov’s side. They normally associate themselves with these kinds of governments during civil wars, and from what we can assume it’s also because they have a fellow rival on the rebel side. We got a positive ID on a group called “Hurricane Company”, not much is known about them but I heard their boss is a real bastard.”

“So we got a bunch of goths with guns versus a bunch of war criminals?” Lilith chimed in, her gun firming up in her hand as they drove past what appeared to be a mass grave. “Jesus… So this is an actual warzone eh?”

“Get used to it sweetie, it gets worse from here.” Archer spoke briefly as he focused on avoiding some blown up bodies that were scattered on the road. “But still how could the fighting get so bad so fast? It’s been barely a week…”

“Seems the rebels have been conducting a ton of suicide attacks, they’ve gotten 49 on the government’s side so far with just those attacks, but the gov’s been just as brutal on them.” Pagan responded, closing the dossier he had been reading from and shoved it back into the glove box of the IFAV.

“Our job isn’t to see if there’s human rights being violated here, our job is get our man out of here.” Jaeger spoke up, spitting out the window as they started to approach a small complex of clay/mud houses.

“Okay enough, we’re coming up on the warehouse, our contact’s name is a woman by the name of Nadala, no last name, she’ll be in a house with a white star on the door. Once we make contact, we have 10 minutes to get any preliminary information from that guy and then we gotta head to the ez.” Ash’s words brought the commentary to a halt as the two IFAVs rolled up to the complex and got out, guns drawn in a tight V formation as they moved in. Ash lead the group to a house that matched the description she had mentioned earlier and gave the door two hard knocks, followed by four soft knocks. There was shuffling inside of the house and the door cracked open, with the barrel of a pistol sliding out from the crack.

Prénom” A féminine voice called out, Lilith and Pagan both pointed their guns at the door but Ash raised her hand up.

Cendre” The gun was withdrawn and the door opened to a dark skinned woman with a burn scar running parallel to her nose.

“You and your men took your sweet time, I have government agents sniffing up this area.” The woman spoke with a thick french accent, and gestured for the group to come in. After filing in, the group went to work; Marteau started to set up a quick and simple jammer system while Jaeger and Archer both found themselves on the rooftop of the building with their rifles at the ready. Pagan remained by the main door, keeping his eye on anyone who would be approaching the car, leaving Ash and Lilith to followed Nadala to the informant.

“So you’re a rebel spy?” Lilith asked as they descended down into a dug out basement that lead to a clean steel panic room. Nadala started to punch in numbers into a code lock before she responded.

“Yes, technically I am a French citizen but I decided to come back to my homeland to help out in whatever way I can. The government are monsters, and I could not sit back and let my fellow countrymen suffer like this. Hopefully your representative countries think the same…” She finished as the door to the panic room opened up, leading up into a small white paneled room with a radio buzzing about international news and a gun rack with two guns missing.

“Are they here?” A man in a white polo, armored vest and faded khakis came up from behind a small barricade he had made for himself with a cabinet. Ash placed a hand on Lilith’s shoulder and looked at her.

“You got 8 minutes.”

“I only need 5.” Lilith smirked as she entered the room, propping her submachine gun on the wall as she approached the man. “Hello my name is Lilith, we’ll be taking you out of here shortly bu-”

“Shortly? Shortly! Are you mad! These people are trying to kill me! I need to leave this place immediatel-” Lilith gave him a hard jab to the stomach and shoved him to the ground, placing her foot on his chest and drawing out her revolver.

“Calm. Down.” She aimed the gun at the side of his head, unloading one round into the ground. “Let it be known, i’m not afraid to just kill you if you’re lying. Wasting my time, my team’s time and my organization’s time will only come back to bite you. And further more, if you interrupt me one more time, the next round goes in your knee. Got it.” The man was stunned but nodded rapidly, Lilith withdrew her gun and held her hand out. The man reluctantly took her hand and helped himself up, she dusted him off and allowed him to sit down. “Alright… What kind of information do you have for us?”

“I… I will not disclose anything until I am safely transported. Out of here…”

“6 minutes.” Ash said, looking at her watch.

“Is there anything I can do for you to convince you otherwise…”

“No.” He looked away from her and crossed his arms, a fucking child he is eh… Alright let’s see…

“Alright that’s fine… But what about your family?” His composure shifted a bit and she noticed the slight worry lines forming on his face. Bingo. “Are you not worried about them, Mr. Mugabe? You probably left them in the government hands, am I right? What do you think will happen to them when they find out about your escape?”

“I… I…”

“How about we have ourselves a deal.” Her face softened a bit, “I’ll get your family out of here and into protective custody, they’ll be taken into a nice neighborhood and I can arrange to have their payments met. Everything down to your children’s college tuitions… What do you say? Let me help you by helping them… All you have to do is tell me what you know…” He could see his face twist slightly with the decision, and he looked at her with a small amount of resolve in his eyes.

“You promise.” She smiled with fake sincerity and nodded, crossing her heart with her fingers and holding it up in the air.

“Scout’s honor.” He sighed heavily and looked down on the ground before looking back at her.

“The group on the government side, Death Watch was it, they have legitimate ties with this group they call Python. Their commander and two other lieutenants have this snake branding hidden on their body, but I was able to get a glimpse at it.” He stood up and grabbed a notebook in his bag. “It looks sort of like… This.” He flipped through the pages and stopped, pointing at the hand-drawn replica of the organization’s symbol.

“Hm… This is pretty substantial… Thank you for fulfilling your part of the deal.” She smiled, extending her hand towards him. He nodded and reached for her hand, but as soon as he went for it Lilith brushed his arm aside, grabbing the collar of his shirt and wrapping her arm around his neck. She grabbed his arm and pinned it so it was pointing towards the ceiling and with a hard and fast squeeze the man fell limp in her arms. She laid him down, going into her pocket and zip-tying his hands together before dragging him out of the room.

“7 minutes, you almost ran out of time.” Ash said as she picked up Lilith’s gun and helped her drag the man upstairs. As they did they suddenly ducked as a gunshot rang out and clipped Nadala as she followed them upstairs. “Gunshot gunshot! Hostile combatants in the area!”

“We got two enemy squads rolling up on our position, they’ve got a sniper on their side too so watch your head!” Archer yelled as he and Jaeger remained pinned down by a technical.

“Marteau! Pagan! Give suppressing fire on that technical! Lilith! Go and get Bumble Bee on the radio and tell her we’re getting swarmed! Jaeger and Archer! When the technical stops firing, start exchanging!” They all acknowledged Ash’s order, with Marteau and Pagan starting to fire back at the incoming hostiles, all the while Lilith went to Nadala and made sure she was fine before getting her radio and dialing in BB’s radio.

“The fuckers are still in there! Toss a smo-” one of the government soldiers spoke out and was instantly silenced by a well placed shot from Jaeger.

“Scratch one!” He pulled the bolt back on his rifle and peaked again, shooting another just as the technical started up again. “Fuck!”

“Concentrate fire on the LMG!” Archer shouted over comms as Pagan and Marteau moved in, taking cover behind the IFAVs, and allowing Ash to start firing from one of the windows of the house. As she started to fire, she noticed the three trucks that were coming up on the complex, with the truck in the middle of the trio coming to a dead stop. A white man with a red beret came out of the truck, megaphone in hand.

“CEASE FIRE! CESSEZ LE FEU!” At that moment both sides suddenly stopped firing and watched the man, walk to the government soldier, exchanging word with the squad leader. The leader started yelling but the PMC soldier took out a picture from his pocket, pointing at it, and caused the soldier to stop talking altogether. He jutted his finger behind him and the CO swore as he held his hand up and withdrew his men, carrying their dead back to their trucks before driving off, but not before taking pot shots at the house. Ash turned to her squad and spoke into the mic.

“Stay on guard…” She stood up and walked out of the room, out into the open to the presumed commander who was talking on the phone with someone.

“Yeah. Yeah whatever, look if you want my men you follow my orders. Got it!?... Yeah that’s what I thought… Alright, I got someone much more important than you to talk to, so goodbye.” He pressed the dial and placed it into a pouch on his vest. “Bureaucrats, am I right? Fucking niggers don’t sit the fuck down and just let us do our work, am I right?” Ash shrugged, ignoring the his words as she took her hands off of her rifle.

“You’re Death Watch I’m guessing…” Ash asked with a curious gaze. The man nodded and gestured to the men with him.

“We came cause we heard there was a firefight, the government men apparently got to you Euro folks.” Sophia glanced behind her, and then looked back at the man.

“So… Are we clear to go then?” The man smacked his lips and rubbed his chin.

“Well yes, of course you’re free to leave, but I do have to ask you something… That man you have with you. What’s he mean to you investigation?” She felt the scene tense up, it felt like he was baring down on her but she shook it off and composed herself.

“He’s a former government official, he’s claiming he has intel on the president’s mal deeds, our job was to escort him to an allied space.” He thought over what Ash said, she held her hand behind her and slowly twirled her finger in a counterclockwise motion. Move in and get ready.

“Well alright then, no sense in causing trouble with the internationals, you all take care and try not to get yourselves in more trouble. I can’t save your asses again, and I’d hate to see you all get hurt.” The sarcasm in his voice was subtle, but obvious. He turned around and made his way into his squad’s car, getting into vehicle before waving at the squad and driving off with the rest of the Death Watch mercenaries.

“I got them on my sights, at this range they won’t have time to react and I could wipe the grin off that smug bastard…” Archer said through his mic, tracking the merc’s vehicles as they drove off into the desert.

“Stand down, let’s just get to the LZ and get the fuck out of dodge.” Ash spoke back, hearing his disappointed sigh as he watched them rendevouz with them at the IFAVs. She gestured to Marteau who gave her a radio from his signal kit, and she dialed into Bumble Bee. “This is Rapier-Lead to Bumble Bee, sending out a flare for extract, met us there we got the HVT.”

“Roger that, moving in ETA 2 minutes…”

Two Hours Later, Congo Air Force Base

Ash watched as the wing of the Albatross were folded up and tucked neatly into the front end of a C-17, a cigarette hanging from her lip as she got on a secure line between her and the EBA. After talking to one of their intelligence officers, she hung up and walked back to the rest of her squad, some of them getting patched up while others had their lunches. She looked towards Lilith who was sitting on a cot as a field nurse wrapped her waist in gauze and bandages, and who simply sighed and shook her head.

“I didn’t even feel it, got a piece of a bullet lodged in my side.”

“She’ll be out for a day or so, it was small but if she stresses it out it could open up again.” The nurse said, snipping the bandage off of the roll and giving her side a gentle pat and press. “Alright, all set and good to go.” The nurse stood up, dusting off her knees before leaving the room. They waited a minute before the two started to talk.

“So… Mugabe.” Lilith reached into her pocket and took out a piece of note paper she had taken from his notebook.

“He said that Death Watch, our friends from back in Bornu, are affiliated with this group…” Ash took the paper, and unfolded it. “You know… I’ve seen that symbol before you know?” Ash stared at the snake symbol, Python… How far does this group fucking go… She turned to Lilith who was looking at the ground with white knuckles, “I remember seeing it back there… In Quebec.”

“So you’re saying that-”

“Those fucking bastards are even back home.”

Mission Complete

Hespero-Belkia
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

LEN Excercise "Black Bear 2000" begins in Moscow Area

Postby Hespero-Belkia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello and welcome to the HBT Evening News, I'm your host, Natalija Lange. Our first story of the night takes us to Nova Rusia, where the annual LEN military exercise known as "Black Bear" began today. More than 70,000 soldiers from Nova Rusia, Hespero-Belkia, Germany, Vahltunskh, Poland, Stadacona, and other LEN nations gathered outside the Moscow area for a two week long series of training drills and exercises focused this year on border defense and urban warfare counterinsurgency. In a speech given at the exercises' opening ceremony in Moscow alongside Nova Rusian President Maxovich, our own Prime Minister Hasenkamp stated that he views the Black Bear exercise as "a way in which we can continue to demonstrate European unity and cooperation, and work to wipe away old grudges and rivalries among nations to better prepare all of us for the future." Notably, the Tulan Republic is participating in Black Bear for the first time, sending 2,000 soldiers as a gesture of goodwill and renewed commitment to European peace and stability following the February coup attempt in which President Tupolev tragically lost his life at the hands of rebel forces. Recently elected president and Hero of the Republic Nikolai Tokarev was present at the opening ceremonies, entering Red Square riding the tank that he famously used as a transport during the coup, now painted in the colors of the Tulan flag and designated as the official presidential transport. As Black Bear continues, we here at HBT will continue to provide the latest news and updates.

Nova Rusian Lieutenant Artyom Teterev checks a Vaelian soldier's rifle during joint weapons training.
The 3rd Company of the Hespero-Belkian "Iron Wolves" Armored Division's 2nd Mechanized Infantry Battalion poses for a photo near the Nova Rusian-Tulan border.
Tulan soldiers advance on an objective during a mock battle.
British soldiers arriving at the exercises.
Stadaconan and Hespero-Belkian soldiers discuss mission objectives at a staging area.
Stadaconan, German, and Polish soldiers assembled prior to the start of an exercise.

Sobeiska
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2016

Postby Sobeiska » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:25 pm

Rising Public Support has emboldened the Bocialist Party

“This is Bŭlgarska Radio-televizija Srbije, broadcasting from Belgrade, Serbia, I am Dragan Bujošević, anyone keeping their eyes on the news for but a minute has noticed a disturbing trend in the politics of the Balkan Federation. With the Bocialists polling at an overwhelming high of 16% nationally, and 26% among Croats one begins to wonder what has caused this massive upset in the current system. With the election only months away in September, this is of course of urgent concerns for the current political powers that be to turn back the clock. As of late the Bocialists have shown they are the champions of the people to a status quo accepting government, they are tired of this talk of “free speech”, and “rights”. Anything is justifiable for the future of a stronger Balkan Federation, a more dominant Balkan Federation! To them at least, who are those who oppose are allies abroad, to those who oppose us to adopting this "Globalism", a nation not even one hundred years old, relevant and significant! Though one begins to wonder with their hateful rhetoric especially towards the Roma, in fact in the State of the Roma, they only poll at a weak 3%, perhaps a form of understanding and tolerance is in order, maybe there isn’t a Slavic identity. Though they claim to champion this Slavic ideal, they are on their own power fantasy”

For a moment Dragan stammered, insecure, more than usual.

“I-I value my job I’ll stop now, anyway the demonstration to stop the harvesting of the Primeval forest in Novi Sad, Serbia is planned for 2 days from now by the Children of Veles, the Bocialists have claimed they will stop them from succeeding by any means necessary.

Gunshots erupted and Dargan divided behind his desk

Dragan cried out “Get down!”

A man dressed in black burst into the room gun blazing, time seemed to almost pause in Dragan’s mind as bullets passed over his head, the camera was cut just as police officers came bursting into the room.

The sound of Zastava M92s erupted into the room

The policemen collapse suddenly

The floor is red

Suddenly 6 men in black charge into the room, dressed in uniform as the man previous, who quickly break and spread throughout the rest of the studio.

One stood out, he was taller, had a green band on his arm, and emitted an aura of command.

The camera destroyed radio transmission shortly begun

The man in black, with a strangely entrancing, yet evil voice began speaking into the microphone, almost like this presence could have been felt in your living room, or right next to you in your very own car.

While television transmission was out of the question, the radio was still in question.

“We are the Children of Veles, and we are the salvation of all our Slavic kin, and the ultimate salvation of humanity. Humanity has angered the gods, and humanity has disenfranchised itself from its most ancient roots, and its most basic and essential roots to what it means to be human. We have fallen to the drug of Capitalism just as we suffered to the cancers of Feudalism, and the sufferings of Imperialism. What all Slavic kin need is a return to Tribalism, the abandonment of our current civilization, and we are willing to do this by any means necessary as we have demonstrated. We will do more, and we will never surrender!”

He paused to ogle at the death caused

“Oh excuse me, I was just observing the corpses of the traitors, to you the people”

Dragan was still hiding under his desk

“And you shall have one less”

The man reached out almost ceremoniously and grabbed Dragan by his quivering neck and pulled his face to the microphone

He held a gun to his head

“Well traitor, admit that you have failed the trust of your kin”

Dragan could only quiver

“ADMIT IT” screamed the man

Dragan pulled out his TV personality, and turned stone if but for a moment

“I-I have failed my kin, yes.”

The Man responded “Yes, yes you have, and that is why you must be punished”

The microphone blared out, destroyed by the shear level of sound from the gun, its pick up more faint, only muttering could be heard, and the loud blaring of police megaphones.

"We'll have to cut this short"

The studio was under siege.
Last edited by Sobeiska on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Senate of the United Nations
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Senate of the United Nations » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:36 pm

May 17th 2000
Jerusalem, Osphen
UN HQ
The UN General Assembly has finished a vote, following a Vietnamese request to join, on whether or not to recognize Vietnam as a UN nation. The UN General Assembly had the vast majority vote yes to recognize Vietnam. As such Vietnam is now a member of the United Nations.

Neo Rome Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 27, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Nova Rusia Operation Black Bear Part 1

Postby Neo Rome Republic » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:23 pm

Neo Rome Republic wrote:
Chestnoye Slovo

The Newspaper that has brought the political news to the people of Rusia since the foundation of our noble country.

Nova Rusia's Moscow Military Exercises Begin: With the arrival of foreign attendees, the Nova Rusian government has kicked off the first exercises of the Operations Black Bear. With the Rusian forces provide near half to up to half the troops for the exercise 35,000 of the total 70000 attending forces. In attendance is President Constantin Maxovich with a few members of the Cabinet, including the Vice President, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Defense, and the military high command. As well as the General Secretary of the National Sonacist Workers Party of Rusia and other key members attending as honored guests and observers, as is part of the tradition. Along with this, the leaders attending and forces taking part visiting from outside the country include Hespero-Belkia, Tula, Vahltunskh, Stadacona, the Balkan Federation, Germany, and Polska. With everyone here, the exercises have begun. To start off the exercises, the scenarios involving clustered and intense combat will first begin, such as chemical warfare and counter insurgency in very clustered areas, particularly the woods of Moscow. From there the exercises will involve urban combat, both open and closed. First, the Nova Rusian forces commence their sweeps on their own, along with the other countries doing the same, following these initial exercises, multi-national sweeps will follow in coordination with each team and plans discussed with each countries commanders on an overall plan. To ensure a unified and working strategy, one that be utilized and executed both nationally and internationally. Once those exercises are done, the final and most important will be general and large scale military operation exercise, as if we are fighting an open war with another invading country. For now, Nova Rusian forces are on the move, both the regular and anti terrorism chemical combat squads. With operations beginning at a smooth and controlled pace. We will continue to keep everyone updated as the exercises carry on. Both Moscow Mayor candidates have announced their candid support for the exercises and have said they are viewing it as we speak live from their homes.

Nova Rusia's Moscow party conference in light of the intense elective competition: Along with the start of the exercises, the Moscow local party branch has announced it will begin its meeting a few months earlier this week to discuss their enthusiasm for the local elections and how they could potentially improve local participation for future elections. As well as hoping that such enthusiasm will reach other cities and regional or even the national government. Local Moscow party leader expressed concern that Nova Rusian elections are becoming "too standardized" and that the system could use a bit of a "shakeup" in terms of innovation and "breaking the inertia".

Nova Rusian soldiers training for scenario involving dealing with counterinsurgency

Nova Rusian bringing vehicles for exercise

Nova Rusian soldiers training for scenario involving dealing with chemical terrorism
Ethical and Metaphysical: (Pan) Humanist and Naturalist.
Political Views Sum: Centrist on social issues, Market Socialist on economic, and Radical Civic universalist on political governance.
This nation DOES(for most part) represent my OOC views.
''A rich man complaining about regulation and taxes, is like the drunkard at a party, complaining about not having enough to drink.'',

"An empty mind is a mind without a filter, the mind of a gullible fool. A closed mind is the mind unwilling to look at the reality outside its bubble. An open mind is one that is cautious, flexible yet balanced; looking at both the reality and the possibility."
OOC Info Page Pros And Cons Political Ideology

Pacific 5
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific 5 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Hawaii, Newton
Pacific 5 HQ
May 20th 2000

General Samar Highwind sat with military leaders of 14 other nations. They were all watching the RIMPAC exercises. "Gentleman," Samar Highwind started speaking spanish, "as mentioned in the last annual meeting of the Pacific, the P5 is committed to protecting all pacific nations from nuclear strikes. At the meeting we discussed a plan to make sure that all pacific nations have an adequate defense. That plan was to station Anti-Ballistic Missiles within the Pacific nations."
The Military leaders all listened closely, some had translators speaking to them.
"Now we ask for permission from you to see if our closest allies would be willing to help defend the pacific." General Highwind continued, "of course we don't expect an answer immediately you can take your time to discuss it with your government."
The military leaders thought over the idea for a moment, the Pacific League, Japan, Drucezschki, and SEU military leaders stated that they felt such an idea would be welcome in their own nations so long they could say where they are stationed. Kaskadiya and East Russia stated reservations due to the unification; Korea and New Wales understood the goals of the program but felt that they had adequate defense measures already installed and felt doubtful such a resolution would pass in their nations.
The P5 military leaders present nodded and thanked the Pacific nations for their input. "Depending on the success of this program we may extend this program to Pacific nations not present here in the future." General Highwind finished.

Tiong Hoa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiong Hoa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Peking, the Tiong Hoanese Republic

"Hello and welcome to Peking Radio, your top source for news in the Peking area, and I am Su Jiang, your morning radio host. Today is a beautiful day in Peking, sixty eight degrees and sunny, so an overall great day if you live in the Peking area. And now, onto our scheduled broadcast."

"In economic news today, President Jiahao Kuang's administration has confirmed the Kuang Administration's objectives for the remainder of the 2000 financial year. In a press conference with major news outlets, the President's economic advisor, Wu Song, stated that the Kuang Administration would aim for an overall seven and a half percent GDP growth rate for the 2000 financial year across all four quarters, along with lowering the federal income tax from ten percent to eight and a half percent, slashing the corporate tax rate from twenty five percent to twenty one and a half percent, and abolishing income tax on income less then one thousand yuan a year, which are all policies that will be implemented at the start of the third quarter of the fiscal year, on June 1st. Mr. Song, a former businessman himself, also stated that the Federal Department of Commerce would also begin a series of partnerships with corporate entities to expand economic growth and technological development, which the Department aims utilize to reach the seven and a half percent objective President Kuang outlined in his press conference on Wednesday, although President Kuang stated he was confident that the nation would outperform his objectives."

"In political news, the midterm elections are rapidly approaching for varying seats in the national legislative body. Scheduled for September first of this year, all three hundred and twenty five seats in the Congress will be up for grabs, with one hundred and forty six representatives being incumbent, and the remainder of which are eligible for re-election this year. According to our current polls, the National Republicans are leading the Federalist Democrats in a majority of electoral districts across the country, with a surprising wave of Guomintang support in the majority of districts in Shantung, Gentang, and Anhui. Elsewhere, the 2000 legislative election will also host a referendum to modify the Constitution of the Tiong Hoanese Republic, the document that has provided the framework of government to Tiong Hoa since the post-revolution settlement in the 1950s. Among the proposed alternations proposed include re-writing the rules of term limits to the presidency by abolishing two year terms and installing a non renewable six year term in office. Furthermore, States inside the Republic with smaller populations, such as Lenghia and Qiongya, have advocated for the creation of an upper legislative body to counter larger populations in states such as Nanjiang and Shantung, among other reforms that are faring surprisingly well in recent polls."

"That is all for now. Stay tuned in, and stay updated on the latest national and local news. I'm Su Jiang of Peking Radio, signing off."

- Male
- New Yorker

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014

Postby Everhall » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Inside of the Lucien Bonaparte Parliament Building, New Paris
May 24, 2000

The main meeting hall of the Parliament Building of the French Empire stood at capacity with Francia's Senators, Representatives, and other important figures sitting in the chamber awaiting a speech to be made by the Emperor himself Napoleon Bonaparte VII. On sitting in a chair on the podium behind were the Emperor would speak was Lord Minister Charles Hollande flanked by Second Minister and opposition leader, Mélissa Auguste who was the runner up to Hollande in the Lord Minister elections. There was a constant chatter in the room as the inhabitants awaited the Emperor's arrival. Finally, after a brief wait, the Master-At-Arms for the National Assembly walked through the great doors of the Assembly chamber and all fell quiet.

"Lord Minister, may I present William-Napoleon Bonaparte, seventh of his name, and Emperor of France!"

The chamber erupted into applause as Napoleon entered through the very same doors that the Master-At-Arms had used slowly making his way up to the podium shaking hands and giving words of advice to Senator and Representative alike. The Emperor eventually stepped his way up to the podium to make his speech. He waited a few minutes for the aplause from the legislators to halt until uttering his first word.

"Lord Minister, Second Minster. Friends and Countrymen, People of France, Bonjour!" (Applause) "We have gathered here, in the parliament building named after our First Lord Minister Lucien Bonaparte to respond to the chaos that has engulfed developing nations throughout the world. Already, Lord Minister Hollande has brought the plight of the former Hespero-Belkian colony of Somalia to the forefront over the past few months and our military intervention into the bloody conflict that has torn apart that nation for years. Today, however, I have come to bring a new world conflict to the forefront of our minds: The Civil War that now engulfs Bornu. In the past months the delicate political situation in the African state has degraded into the state of open Civil War. In a targeted terrorist attack on the nation's capital the rebels that now control most of the eastern half of the nation struck fear and dread into the hearts of Bornuans on both sides on this conflict. Those who live in crippling poverty that can't even find the funds to feed or clothe themselves on a daily basis. For these people, the war seems like just another problem, just another issue that will drive them deeper into poverty and despair. I have already met with the Governor of French Algeria, François Del'Maric and he has confirmed already in the past few weeks, thousands of Bornuan refugees have streamed over the border into the territory of the empire sparking the beginnings of a humanitarian crisis that can effect all on northern and central Africa. It is for that reason now that I inform you of my decision to deploy peacekeeping forces into the nation of Bornu to protect and defend those caught in between of this conflict. Now this brings me to my next topic...

Tahitoa
Envoy

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tahitoa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:26 pm

May 25th, 2000
Caracas, Venezuela
Bolivar Square

The streets of Caracas are lined with Venezuelan tricolor flags. People scream and shout on the sidewalks balconies overlooking the street as the military begins to parade towards Miraflores Palace. Official government reports released later in the day would claim that over one million people came to the parade, and while foreign observers reported that the crowd was much smaller, it was an impressive showing nonetheless.

Video footage broadcast on Venezuelan state media.

Chants surge through the crowd, “Esequiba es Venezuela!” “Viva Venezuela!” and “Muerte a la ACA!” are shouted by hundreds as the parade nears Miraflores, with some individuals burning flags of Newton, Maragua, and Maljaratas in the street. Foreign observers question if these flag burnings are genuine displays of patriotism or in fact performed by government agents. However, this is undeniably a day of victory for Venezuela.

As the parade nears Miraflores, Ultra Supreme High General Emanuel Rosa de Santos Fernando Rodriguez Rivera appears on a balcony of the palace. Watching from below is a box of prominent figures in the regime, as well as delegations Venezuela’s allies in the Treaty of Caracas Organization, and a surprising addition of the Nipponese Foreign Minister.

Rodriguez clears his throat and begins to address the crowd, [i]“Today is a great day for Venezuela. Since the First Guyana Crisis of 1895, the powers of imperialism have kept our rightful state of Esequiba out of Venezuelan hands. President Joaquin Crespo and Caudillo Marcos Perez Jimenez both met their ends in the Guyana question, yet the People’s Democratic Union stands triumphant where others have failed. It is on this day, the 25th of May in the year 2000 that Venezuela formally annexes the province of Esequiba. Now and forever, Esequiba shall be united with its fatherland. As I speak, our military is entering the province, integrating it into our patrimony. The protests of the ACA and United Nations have gone silent, when faced with the immortal iron will of the Venezuelan people. Viva Venezuela!” A surge of cheers makes its way through the crowd, as citizens shout and wave Venezuelan flags.

Rodriguez continues, “Today is not just a victory for Venezuela, but a day of victory for our allies as well. The government of Nippon has submitted an application to sign onto the Treaty of Caracas. I speak for the entirety of Venezuela when I say we welcome Nippon with open arms.”

OOC Info

Nippon has begun a generous foreign investment program in Venezuela, as well as licensing Nipponese weapons for production within Venezuela. Domestic production of arms is scheduled to begin shortly.

The Venezuelan military has now entered Esequiba, after waiting over a month, in accordance to the agreement with Guyana.

The Treaty of Caracas has been amended to create a more formal structure.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:49 pm

The last 24 hours had weighed heavily on Neta Nehru as he waited for the EACPU and Pacific 5 to come to a decision. Following the announcement that Japan had signed the Treaty of Caracas the Nieblhami representatives in the parliament and Senate proposed a bill to remove Japan from the EACPU following their rash and negative actions that undermined EACPU values. The bill sparked debates that last for hours, Korea speaking about Japanese military increases while others didn't want to set precident for the EACPU to be a "big brother" for the member states. Nieblham stayed committed to the idea that failure to denounce in the strongest terms Japan's actions would make the EACPU complicit and just as responsible. That for a nation to be a member state of the EACPU they must not move to undercut our trust in each other. That supporting those that oppress their people is an action that EACPU members cannot make.
Nehru's phone ringed at his desk his hand launched like a lion at it's prey.
"The votes are in, the Parliament 245 Yes, 44 No, 300 some odd abstained." Said the Speaker of Nieblham from Hanoi, "In the Senate 4 Yes, 3 No, 5 abstains. It just barely passes both chambers."
"Oh Shiva." Nehru exclaimed.
The Phone ringed with another call, this time from the Nieblham Congress, "We've placed a bill to sanction Japan into both houses. They are expected to pass."
"That's fine, i'll sign it into law."
Effective Immediately the Nation of Japan is no longer apart of the EACPU and will be treated as an independent nation in dealings with the EACPU.

Vahltunskhja
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 03, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vahltunskhja » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Novka Rusja
Niekhde lesze, Moskovskaya Oblast — v Távora.

"Ursk, wake the fuck up you hairy northern ape."

The young Vaelian soldier started from his nap, inhaling sharply and blearily looking around. He was tucked into the cramped interior of a SKT Rukavikh armoured personnel carrier, looking out of the back into a damp forest — from somewhere nearby came the sound of a crackling fire and muted laughter. A slight rain was falling, frigid water clinging to the hulls of their vehicles. Ursk took a deep breath of wet Russian air.

A vhojk - a rank equivalent to private - held a thermos of fishy salmon broth under his nose and blew the steam rising from it into Ursk's face until he scowled and swiped his gloved hand at the annoyance's head. "Have some kalakjtto sleepy head."

Always giving him shit for being a northerner, dumbass city kid... that was the big social divide in Vaelian society, though it was more of a light-hearted joke for anyone who wasn't an asshole. The stereotype went that the coastal metropolises and big towns were full of atheist, worldly folks who could speak a handful of languages - and a bunch of stuck-up pricks depending on who you asked - while the innumerable regions that occupied the hinterlands and backwoods were seen as deeply religious, or at the very least heavily superstitious, who lived dangerous lives and were seen as a bit on the dumb side. The reality was the teenager wearing designer jackets and listening to German techno wouldn't go near a old rune stone for an unspoken fear of angering the spirits his grandmother warned him about as a child, and a boy from the north would attest that things were far more boring in the small towns than the crime shows and horror movies made it seem like. Still, anything your mates though would piss you off got worn on - such was army life. Always testing each other.

The other riflemen were taking lunch after five hours of field work, preforming infantry maneuvers and counter-insurgency drills in the woods on a perfectly overcast Thursday. Despite his mate's jackassery he gratefully took the fish soup and sandwiches they had retrieved from the mobile kitchen: warm food tasted that much better on a gloomy day, and better still when you were on break and watching other people working their asses off: a few hundred metres away a group of mortarmen were digging an emplacement in the mud for their 120mm tube.

An older man with a face lined by Baltic winds grimaced over at them from on top of a hulking armoured vehicle, one of the Vvysokya Rifles' 2nd Battalion's KA90 30mm-armed IFVs. Sergeant Kukulka, gave a short series of instructions to the men loading dummy 30mm rounds into the back before hoping down into the mud and enduring the childish snickering of the men as his boots made a squelching sound with each step.

"Hej, pjerdolik mivja kurva, you cunts." He poured himself a cup of coffee from a thermos as he leaned against the wet armoured side of the APC. Ursk grinned and greeted him sleepily. "How're th' mechanized holding up?"

"The IFVs are doing fine. New suspension's working out, new fire control system's managed to not short out despite us driving one off a cliff to see how it'd handle it. Kills shit deader than BMPs, and the Moskkals know it 'cause we tore apart a few practice targets faster than one of theirs could get a shot off and miss." The sergeant's smile lowered a bit as he drank. "Those T-90s are a decent sort though."

"Fucking T-90s! When are we getting the Death Machine 2000 again?" A corporal pondered aloud through a mouthful of cod sandwich. "Instead of the old grandfather Nadzjaks with the skimpy armour and 105 mike-mike guns."

"You watch your fuckin' mouth there corporal." Kukulka glowered at the offending man over the rim of his coffee. "I drove those beauts through Africa and back, and we were happy to have the higher speed and mobility and minimal armour those 1970s engineers thought would win us the tank wars against the mighty splintered Soviets, because it meant we ran over the fuckoff big mines in the road sooner, rather than later."

Ursk nodded in agreement as he spooned soup into his mouth, trying not to dribble salmon chunks all over his camo fatigues. "And don't complain about the 105s. They put those big fat anti-tank guided missile launchers on the sides of the turrets, standard procedure for outdate— I mean, venerable main battle tanks... and they're trying out 120mm guns on a KA90 chassis, haven't you seen them? Little paper-thin light tanks for scooting about and blowing shit up."

Kukulka nodded sagely. "That's right, saw them myself. Probably just a waste of time and money... to answer your question corporal, it's the good-old army "soon". Half decade or so. They say the new tanks will show up in 2003, maybe '04, and only for a few active duty regiments at first after evaluations. And give or take one year or two for bureaucracy..."

He frowned suddenly before shaking his head and swearing. "Oh, paskva... I'm gonna be out of the service by then. You young cunts get all the fun new toys. Speakin' a which, Ursk, you're pretty much a... a kid, yeah?"

"Twenty last month, thanks sergeant." Ursk gave the man a resigned expression as Kukulka grinned and continued.

"What do kids like? I've got a birthday coming up for my six year old and I don't know what to get 'er."

Ursk smiled tightly, ignoring the sergeant's comparison of him to a freaking toddler as he thought hard about what kids these days were into. Back when he was in school things were pretty different. "Does she read those Harry Potter books? Or she the type that listens to that severák amerjkańsk pop-music trash, Backstreet Guys or whatever?"

"Yeah, the bookworm type. Her mom used to read them to her every night. She started reading by herself not long ago..." Kukulka hid the pride on his face by crouching down to check something strapped to the Rukavikh's cargo space. Ursk knew the older NCO was hoping to cash in on the army's generous education aid and put his daughter through college when she was old enough. He was working-class, barely graduated highschool before joining the Vaelian military, and he'd often talked about wanted better for his daughter.

"Growing up fast 'ey? Do you know if she's up to the fourth one?" The sergeant shook his head as he took his gloves off and took up a warm mess tin full of rations cooked over the fire. Kukulka took a deep sip from his coffee and came up with an answer. "Still on the third, I think."

"Fourth one comes out in July. Harry Potter i Czaria Oknja. Or you could get her a Nokia or something, kurva. Kids always want cellphones these days." Not quite helping his status as the kid in the group, Ursk pulled out one of the chunky Suomi cellphones and began checking his messages. There was one from his girlfriend back in Shicja...

"You know Burek killed a guy with one of those. In Ashlahovsk." Kukulka looked grim and indicated Ursk's phone, as the other soldiers nodded solemnly. The fire crackled in the sudden serious atmosphere. Everybody knew Burek had killed more guys in seedy bars in Ashlahovsk's dockyard districts than he'd killed during his time in the army. It was a miracle he hadn't been kicked out - something about self-defence and the Ministry of Defence hiring big name lawyers.

"How'd he do that? Beat his skull in like a brick?"

"Nah, just held it up to his head and dialed a long distance number." Kukulka's serious look cracked around the edges of his mouth until his off-white teeth were showing. Ursk sighed and dialed his girlfriend's number, holding it up to his ear and listening to the machine's dull ringing. He hoped the local cell-service held up...

"They don't give you cancer Sergeant, for the last time."

"Should've seen what they had back in the '80s. Built like a cinder block, they had little tiny nuclear reactors in there, hooked up to a flux capacitor... little warning sticker on the side to tell you not to talk more than two minutes on it or it'd melt a hole through your cranium."

The conversation ceased as a sudden shout from the mortar team echoed throughout the trees, and a loud thumph vibrated inside everyone's chest as a 120mm training round went soaring up into the overcast skies of Russia. The drizzling rain started up again as well. The platoon's junior corporals were restless, sensing a sudden onset of having to actually do work - it was time to pack up and move out.

"Valhaukr, Jastrab 2-1 checking in a flight of two Vu-76 Stryzałkha, orbiting west, 30 kilometres, at Angels 12. Ordnance to follow... eight KSR-7 rocket pods, four Ohkja-9 "Sidewinder", eight bombs, 200 rounds apiece. Zero plus three-five time on station. Ready for tasking."

"Jastrab 2-1, this is Valhaukr, solid copy on all, break. We are in contact with SK-2; Imperial Marine recce unit east of MKAD. They've encountered a heavy presence of OPFOR insurgents in the area. I need you to push sixteen clicks south of A-104 to map grid: 257798..."

"...Jastrab 2-1, this is Kalkonja-2. Nineline follows: IP Kladszjek. Heading: 225 magnetic. Distance: 5 nautical miles. Target elevation: 215 MSL. Three T-72s near an industrial building complex. Grid: 257788. Marked with smoke. Allied forces south; two kilometres. Danger Close. Egress north-west. End nine line. Over."

"Roger, solid copy, continue. Over." The platoon leader hung up the radio and handed the binoculars off to the platoon sergeant major, trekking back over to the waiting men who were crouched in the bushes with vegetation in their helmets, feeling like idiots. The Lieutenant said it'd make for "more realistic camouflage", the bastard - what was slightly enjoyable was covering your face up with green and black paint, and then helping to smear it over your buddy as he cursed at you for getting it in his eyes. They began to make their way back to the Rhśpelka light armored vehicles, the ubiquitous Vaelian 4x4 all-terrain vehicle that served as a smaller, more streamlined, and amphibious Humvee-type deal that went faster — the Vaelians were of course quick to laud this superiority to its larger American cousin and wave their hot-rods in their allied forces' faces. That wasn't to say they didn't complain when no-one was listening about how shitty they were. It was cramped and couldn't carry as much equipment, as well as having less range before needing refueling.

A pair of aircraft flew low overhead, causing the ground to shake. They caught a glimpse of the inverted White-Blue-Silver triangles that formed the Vaelian Imperial Air Force roundel on their fuselages before they lost sight of them behind the trees. About a kilometre to their south the inhabitants of a small Russian town were probably looking skyward, searching for a MiG or foreign jet.

"See those? Vu-76S Stryzałkha attack aircraft. My uncle flew one of those... been in service since 1950. Half a century, just think about that... one of the first aircraft in the world to be specifically developed to fly attack missions too. They're just reserve planes now." Kapurhalkhii Jorstad looked wistfully up at the vapour trails slowly fading overhead, as the roar of the jet's engines rolled over the landscape.

"Master Corporal, I'm just bored enough that your unsolicited historical facts are actually sort of interesting for once." Ursk drummed his fingers along the foregrip of his rifle as he sat down in one of the four-doored Rhśpelkas waiting beside a thin dirt track. Field exercises this big were more exciting, because you got to shoot the shit with your allies and there was typically a bigger budget for blowing things up, but there was still a lot of misery and boredom. They'd been camping out in the rain, trucked through the mud, and been subjected to the usual bullshit and waiting around for orders. On top of that they'd been dealing with the guys playing OPFOR insurgents getting extra creative with their tactics, which had delayed the arrival of supplies and warm rations for days now. When they caught some of them for questioning they all had a lot of fun pretending to not follow the Geneva Conventions. Poor Private Svend... he'd probably be laughing about it later though. Probably. Ursk looked back at the Master Corporal's legs leading up into the machinegun ring of their vehicle. "Why the fuck didn't you join the Air Force?"

"Afraid of heights."

Ursk laughed at this, before sighing. The rest of his squad began to pile in, their bulky gear making it hard to move around in the compartment with their weaponry, and damp fabric clinging to their clammy skin. Ursk found himself longing for the campfire lunch they'd had just a few hours ago when suddenly a shrill whistle pierced the air and the radio chatter lit up. "Kaszua! Kaszua! Kaszua!" A loud yell went up as the platoon scrambled to their vehicles. "Gas! Gas! Gas! Masks on, masks on!" Ursk swore under his breath and instinctively began to unclip his helmet after the first syllable alerting them to a chemical attack. He quickly retrieved his MK96 mask from his kit and tugged it over his face, taking a rubber-scented breath of musty air as the others strapped theirs on and pulled up the hoods of their CBRN suits. His peripheral vision took a vacation as his breathes took on an unpleasantly loud quality, listening to the muffled voices of the NCOs and officers barking orders. "Get to the vehicles! Go, go! Move, vittetvár!"

Jorstad pulled his gloves on and chambered a round on his mounted machinegun, before ducking down into the vehicle. Two soldiers crouched in the half-closed doorways, aiming their weapons at the tree lines. Ursk felt his face heating up as he tried to slow his breathing - his heart beat faster as the sound of an incoming round and a burst of white smoke some distance away in the forest. For a split second he forgot this was just an exercise, and that was a practice round. The thin gas began to spread among the undergrowth, making the woods look full of mist.

"Hey Ursk?" Private Eštaková glanced over at him, with a mumbling voice produced by the MK96s. "You know all those pictures you see of guys running through gas with their masks and guns and shit? And they look fucking cool and shit?"

"Yeah?"

"That's fucking bullshit."

Yeah, no shit. It smelled like ballsweat and you couldn't see a damn thing. The awaited call of "All clear!" never came, and the order to mount up traveled along the convoy. Jorstad got up into his perch as Ursk settled back in his seat, pointing his blank-loaded rifle out the window. Soon enough another unit arrived back from a scouting assignment and started waltzing back to their Rhśpelka, laughing and joking in their masks until the sergeant major started screaming at them to move.

Soon enough they were on the move again, driving along a muddy road to a new location near where some "insurgents" had been spotted near an important bridge. The radio chatter indicated their light infantry sister unit, the 3rd Battalion of the Vvysokya Rifles, had begun sweeping the area for the chemical weapons mortar position alongside a Nova Rusian spetsnaz group, with aircraft rumbling somewhere off in the evening sky. Eventually they came across a group of 8x8 SKT Rukavikhs rumbling along a rural road, with heavily armed and heavily bored gasmask-wearing Vaelian troops peering at their small vehicles through open roof hatches.

A priority transmission came through the comms, causing the sergeant to look down at the radio. The callsign was from battalion headquarters... "Charlie, Charlie, this is Pukrikovak-9 Actual to all friendly units. The results are in. We have won Eurovision, repeat, we have won the 45th Eurovision Song Contest. Glory to the Motherland."

"They radioed that bullshit in?" Ursk grinned as a half-serious cheer went up from the other vehicles in the convoy, followed by a barrage of "Fuck yeah!" and "Eat our cocks!" and other patriotic slogans. A full minute of triumphant shouting into the countryside and waving rifles was followed by someone managing to find out what the winning song actually was, as no one had been able to watch the contest during the exercise - Eštaková was one of the few who knew the lyrics and started singing, with the whole unit joining in a stirring muffled rendition of the Olsken Brother's "Fly On The Wings Of Love".

2nd Battalion probably wouldn't live down having an impromptu musical while 3rd Battalion expertly captured a cache of terrorist chemical weapons, but that was alright. Ursk would later assert they were just jealous they actually knew how to have fun.
Last edited by Vahltunskhja on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pacific 5
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific 5 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 pm

The nation of Veracruz and Korea, following the application by Japan to join the Treaty of Caracas, called for an emergency session. The session was approved by Nieblham and Maljaratas. There they asked for the Pacific 5 to vote on removing Japan from the Pacific Nations siting that their actions broke the trust that the Pacific nations had in each other and in the Pacific 5. That the Treaty of Caracas may force the Pacific 5 to choose btwn defending one pacific nation over the other. That Japan's recent foreign policy and military actions have created a threat to Pacific stability.
The Pacific 5 voted as thus, Mal, Nieblham, Newton, all voted Yes, the UFC and TH abstained.
Japan urged the Pacific nations to veto the results so a vote was called,
Pat - yes
Kask - yes
Vera - yes
USCA - no
NW - yes
PL - yes
Vietnam - no
SEU - yes
Korea - yes
Manchuria - yes
Dru - Yes
Japan-No
Malaysia - No
9 Yes,4 No
Effective immediately the Nation of Japan will no longer be invited to any more meetings of the Pacific 5 and they lose all of their powers as a Pacific Nation.

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:14 pm

"Hello and welcome to another episode of Marach and Ladd." Sean Marach stated, "we have breaking news. In the Islamic Republic, reports of assaults on Cetri property and the Cetri themselves have emerged from the Western section of the nation."
"An Islamic Warlord Amru al-Ahmed has declared that the Cetri religion is an affront to Allah and deserve no protections." Rosa Ladd continued, "To help explain this events is Historian from Midgar University Tarnash Emmeit."
The Camera panned to a man walking from the left to the desk Marach and Ladd sat at. "Hello Marach and Ladd."
"Please Sean. Thank you." Marach stated, "So these events, bordering on ethnic cleansing, how does this work within the standing IR-Nieb relationship."
The Historian took a moment to think, "These warlords have been a problem for the Central Government in Islamabad for decades. Different administrations have tried to end the Tribalism that is prevalent in IR, these warlords basically representing different tribes, yet Prime Minister Raza Ayaz Hussain ran on a campaign to work with the warlords, or as they call them tribal leaders. While this isn't the first time Cetri living in IR have experienced bigotry, this is the most serious with some reports claiming dozens of Cetri in the area have been killed."
The camera showed a map of the territory of the Warlords
Looking at her copy of the map Rosa spoke, "You gave us these maps before the show care to explain them?"
"Yes," Tarnash said, "The blue is the area basically free of warlords under control of the central government, the green is controlled by Amru, and the other colors represent other warlords. What's important is that 85% of the IR cetri population lives in the Eastern 3 areas."
"The Neta has asked PM Raza to step in to stop these atrocities. How will this change the IR-Nieb relationship?" Marach asked.
"Well, not by much, PM Raza will hopefully, most likely step in and put Amur down. It may hurt his relationship with the people in the Green area but failure could threaten the Treaty of Dual Religions." Tarnash stated.
"Can you explain that Treaty?" Ladd asked.
"Yes, it is a treaty btwn Nieblham and IR where both nations would make moves to protect and not discriminate against the other religions. It allowed Muslims to become the biggest protected class in Nieblham." Taransh explained, "Failure to adhere to that treaty would turn our relations to the south quickly."

Nieblham
Diplomat

Postby Nieblham » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:05 pm

"Hello and welcome to the Sazh Report," Mike Sazh stated after the title card ended.
pictures of military police standing outside businesses, walking Cetri, and standing guard began to play.
"Prime Minister Raza Ayaz Hussain has ordered military police into the state of Balochistan to end the attacks on Cetri businesses and people," Mike Sazh reported, "PM Raza is expected to give a speech within the next couple of days regarding the Islamic Republic's commitment to peace between the major ethnic groups within the country."
The scene returned to Mike Sazh in the center, then jumped to the left of the personality host. "Sanctions passed the Nieblhami Congress on Japan by increasing a tariff on Japanese automotive industry following their support of the military Junta in Venezuela."
The camera jumped to the right
"The Board of Leaders are expected to release a proposal for the EACPU budget within the first 10 days of June." Mike Sazh reported.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents