NATION

PASSWORD

Keisarraik: Legacy of The Swarm Wars

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Ping stepped up to the podium carrying two small books, both separate shades of red. The crowd at Chotyo cheered as she waved and smiled and she flipped through her index cards lying on the dais. She tossed them all aside and sighed, holding the two books up for the crowd to see.
“In my campaign, I have been compared to… well, dictators.” She spoke into the microphone to the crowd assembled in the chilly Chotyo park. “I’d like to dash these musings, though they are quite amusing.” She chuckled lightly along with a few in the crowd, dropping one of the books onto the podium and turning the other over, revealing that it was the Communist Manifesto. “First up, the Reds.” The crowd booed and chanted incoherently. “I believe our country can be fixed in a few ways- just a few.” She said sarcastically with another warm smile. “Uh, among them, I do indeed believe that basic things like food and water need to be nationalized, temporarily, of course, that way you don’t need to worry every day about looking at the hungry faces of your children!” The crowd erupted into cheers and applause as she spoke. She hushed them and urged them to be quiet and continued. “But that’s the extent of my plans that would be considered ‘Communistic’, really. Other than that, the free market will stay no more regulated than what Unaki did in her reign than under mine.” She placed the manifesto on the podium and picked up the other book. “Now this one…” she giggled at the thought of it, “this one’s ridiculous.” She turned over the book, showing it to the crowd that it was Mein Kampf. “The Nazis!” She laughed with the crowd. “Firstly, when our party is described as ‘Authoritarian’ in other countries, they are forgetting the fact that in Laissez-Faire Suosverge, you sometimes forget the federal government exists! Which, well, it was fine when the country wasn’t in flames, but… when it’s the end of the world, some emergency measures must be taken. And second, the Nazis were afraid that the powers of the world are controlled by Jews. The Front is confident that all of the major powers of the world are controlled by imperialist, colonizing oppressors!” A large part of the crowd cheered, and then the rest joined in after a moment, something Ping took note of. “The difference here is that the Phoenix Front is correct. Face it, people, something needs to be done about this. Who brought this nuclear hell upon us? A bunch of rich, white, Commie-apologists with a fetish for dictatorships and starvation! What we need right now is to unite as a people to combat this threat, and if that means we need to tighten control over the world, then so be it! This injustice has gone unpunished for long enough!” As before, a portion of the crowd cheered, seemingly pressuring the rest into joining. Finally, she held the two books together, setting them alight with a lighter and letting them drop onto the freezing concrete, as the rest of the city, not yet conquered by snow. She waved and smiled once more, stepping down from the platform and retreating to the warmth of the Phoenix Headquarters, a small, dojo-like building with a large, red phoenix painted on the walls and doors.

Ping was later quoted in an interview that night saying the following;
“I would say there is one notable exception to my rather broad statements about Europe, but I still stand by my assertions. The Athenians, our dear friends. I am quite fond of them, almost as much as the Suongo. They were really the only European nation in history to mostly keep to itself. The French, the Spanish, Germans, Italians, Russians, they all took part in colonization of some peoples they viewed as ‘lesser’. But you never hear of the Athenian African colonies, or the Athenian American colonies, or any Athenian-Chinese opium wars. Not only that, but they stayed by our side in the face of tyranny and oppression around the world. Frankly, any friend of Suosverge is a friend of mine, and I urge the voters to show appreciation of this by supporting the continuation of the DL Pact. And if you’re still against it, look at it this way; the Athenians are, like, honorary Suongo. The historical similarities are hard to deny. Since even before our founding, we were always a government of exiled imperialists who worked with those with whom they now lived, eventually becoming one-and-the-same. Similarly, the Athenians were forced from their Empire by a larger, more powerful one, and into a world completely alien to their own. Few other countries share such a similar story, and it is commendable that the Athenians did not just oppress or murder the Irish. And, I think the Athenians can teach us a thing or two about AI rights. But it will be a while before the Suongo people can come to terms with how things are. Maybe the Athenians can learn from us a bit about the right to freedom from taxation(*).”

(*This was said jokingly, but the writing of this did not exactly allow me to show this and I was too lazy to change it)

The exceptionally young demagogue has brought a new fervor to Suongo politics, and brought out a strange hatred towards white folk not seen much before, though certainly discussed. Likely, this hatred has emerged from the terror of the War, and it probably won’t be exclusive to Suongoland.

---

“So… is she gonna talk?” Valerian whispered in Japanese to the tired Consul, referring to the Consuless sitting quietly next to them, chewing on her rations.
“No clue. I’ve never seen her like this.” Ernst responded as he watched the featureless wastes pass quickly below them. “Knowing her, it might be best to just leave her alone. Then again, I’m her brother. She opens up to strangers pretty well, so feel free to have a word if you like.”
“Maybe…” Valerian was never great at socializing, but he knew more than most the struggles of coping with dread. He turned to her and spoke. “Excuse me, Lady Kim?” she continued to stare at nothing. “Miss?” still nothing. Not sure what to do, he tapped her on the shoulder. She perked up, as though she snapped out of a daydream. “Lady Kim?”
“Yes?” she said quietly, betraying the confidence she wore when giving speeches.
“How are you holding up?”
“I’m… fine…” she looked back at nothing in particular.
“Hey, stay with me.” he placed his hand on her shoulder. “I have a sneaking suspicion that things are not at all fine.” Leena stayed silent, before squinting in pain. A tear fell slowly down her face.
“Sorry… just… how do you do it?” She wiped away her tears and looked back at Valerian.
“What do you mean?”
“How do you go on living in such a… such a shitty world?”
“Uh… I guess… I’m following the words of my mother. To keep running and to never look back.”
“That’s good advice...” Leena turned back away to stare.
“What about you?” Valerian asked. Leena looked back at him, wrinkled and resigned face almost expressionless. She stared into his eyes, thinking much but saying nothing.
“What do you know about the world?” She wanted to shout, “You’re just a child! Just a brat, who’s had less life experience than a fly!” But she knew that she didn’t know his struggles, and she knew that the anger inside her was just the War getting to her head. She forced the anger out of her mind, in its place: thoughts of nothing.
“I… think I get the message.” Valerian finally said, looking away. He turned back to her, “Well, I know I’m just a kid, but maybe I could give you some advice. I mean, is it not the Taoists who believe in balance of all things? The good is supplemented by the bad, so no matter how bad it gets, you can have faith that it’ll get better, right?”
Leena sighed, turning back away. “Right.” she said tiredly.

Suddenly, the helicopter went to a gentle and controlled landing in the snow.
“What’s going on?” Valerian called out to the pilot.
“Gotta refuel.” the pilot said, taking off his equipment and walking to the deck where they all sat.
“Right here?”
“I don’t see any air bases nearby, mate.” He picked up a red canister of fuel, nearly flinging it as he overcompensated its weight. “Uh…” He shook it, hearing no sloshing of liquid inside. He tossed it aside and picked up another. Also empty. This continued, until a pile of empty canisters sat in the middle of the deck. “Well, maybe the others have some left, too.” He clicked on his radio and spoke into it. “This is sector 9, requesting a refuel, over.”
A moment of silence and fear.
Finally, the radio emitted the sound of static.
“Uh… this is sector 13, nearing your location. Over.”

Eventually, the helicopter landed near theirs, and a trio of Officers walked over. As they came into view, Valerian glared at the one on the side. Something was wrong with him, though he couldn’t quite place what. The one in the center carried a gas canister, the one on the other side of the strange one carried two more. Valerian continued staring at the one on the side, getting up and walking out into the snow to see them better.
“Vampirium!”
How only he saw the Vampire’s red eyes glowing amongst the white, he didn’t know, but he drew his blade and pointed at him, rays of light converging at the tip. The people standing next to him dropped their canisters and looked at their former ally. They confusedly watched on as Valerian rushed forward and struck at the vampire’s neck. As it connected, the light bursted forward, but it didn’t seem to do anything but blind them. His head came clean off, and the body fell limply on the ground. However, it did not turn to dust.
“You madman! You just killed him!”
“Wh-” Valerian looked at the body on the ground. “Am I going crazy?” He thought to himself. “I… I thought…” He dropped to his knees, staring at the blood staining his once-clean blade. The blood mixed in a small circle with a lone tear falling from his cheek.
Last edited by Finswedeway on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To survive the coming age, we must adapt, resist populist influences, and root out greedy tyranny from the hallowed halls of government, and as God is my witness, we will survive.
-Audo av Sangua

Pax Athena
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pax Athena » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:04 am

Valerian's world turned into darkness as a expertly dispatched laser shot stunned and incapacitated him, his last sensations his hand being cuffed. Yet in his state of unconsciousness he was still conscious, still thinking. what have I done? Have I lost it? Why do I see and hear things only I alone can?

Echoes permeated his state of semiconsciousness. Voices not of his own. Valerian... Give em' hell for me. A feminine voice said.

Yet another one penetrated his head. I'm so proud of you. Don't stop, don't look back. Always remember to put one foot in front of the last... and keep going.

He didn't recognize the voices, and yet they were so distinctly familiar to him...
They were not malicious voices, not like the sinister whispers of the Demon that had been a constant in his life since up until a decade ago. They consoled him, calmed him, comforted him.

Don't let those commies get you down, kid. A confident, gruff voice told him.

"I-I didn't want to kill him..." Valerian stuttered, remorse overwhelmingly present in his voice. "I-I I thought I saw..."

The voices, the echos now seemed more distant, as if he was moving away from them in a long tunnel. The voices were becoming ever more faint. Val. One of the feminine voices said. The moment you stop trusting yourself is the moment you die. You can See things few others can. You can Hear things others do not perceive.

Trust in yourself. The male voice concluded, his voice fading to a whisper.

"Wait! Don't leave me!" Valerian shouted.

We are always within you. They said, their collective voices amounting to less than a wisp of a whisper.

---
Day fifteen
In Chotyo, as the surviving Suongo went to the polls, a speeding helicopter, marked with the Athenian Iubar star and the DL Pact emblem blazed across the sky. The helicopter looked barely limping, it's tiltrotors almost giving after 69 hours of constant use in heavy radiation without shielding. It's radio seemed to be fried as well, with neither Chotyo command or Suongo fighters able to make contact. Finally, a garbled voice broke through the heavy static, barely discernible.

"Chotyo control, this is Athenian aircraft V-259, requesting clearance to land at Helipad 28R. We have the two Consuls." The pilot announced through broken static.
"The dignity of Man is inviolable. That is our guiding maxim." Absalom

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:37 am

Captain Kane dashed around the corner, bloodied sword in hand. His gun had long since run out of ammo, and he had ditched his armor after its motive systems failed under heavy damage, but he was at the precipice of his goal. He looked at the door, heavy wood emblazoned with a golden plaque with silver lettering:
The Emperor

The guards screamed, opening fire at him with their rifles. He ignored the bullets, his wounds healing as fast as they were inflicted. He had to burn up a few of the souls that he had consumed to power that magic, but hey, they didn't believe in any afterlife. All he was doing was making that true.
Coming to within melee range, he slashed their throats open almost to the point of beheading them. One of them fell to the ground, dead, but he caught the other, and started drinking from their throat.
Half a minute later, he was finished. The drained corpse fell to the ground. It scrabbled upward, re-animating as a ghoul, but he knew from previous experience that it didn't have any inclination to follow his commands and was just as likely to attack him as it was to attack his enemies, so he dispatched it by slicing it in half. Normally, that wouldn't make it any deader than it was already, but fresh ghouls were easier to kill.
He thought about breaking open the doors, but he paused to look at the plaque.
"Damn. I knew she was a hypocrite, but seriously? People are starving out there, and she wastes money on this shit?"
He gathered up ki in his hand, looking for a structural weakness. He found one, but decided to ignore it, and instead elected to punch the plaque so hard the door around it shattered.
"Andersoooooon!" he called.
"Four oh four, not found."
A machine was standing in the middle of the room. He recognized it as one of Alexander's old combat shells. Weren't those all destroyed, though?
"Well, if you're looking for Thera, she's not here. While you were doing your... *ahem* thing, she was busy running around evacuating everyone.
Deciding not to fight an entire army by herself... My, my, she is the only smart one, isn't she?"

Captain Kane stepped forward, brandishing his sword.
"I've heard quite a lot about you, Alexander. You were a great leader, devoted to bringing the earth under your control. And then you forgot you had teeth, choosing to waste time at peace instead of bringing war to the enemy. What happened, King of Iron?" he spat, "What happened that made you forget that the enemy are not our friends?"
Alexander closed his fist. "I gained a bit of perspective on the world.
This 'enemy' you speak of. You are referring to the Suongo, the Techoligians, the Athenians, correct?"

Captain Kane put on a vampiric grin, wondering how his fangs would fare against plate metal. "Yes."
Alexander stepped forward. "I fought them. All of them. I attacked with overwhelming force, and I saw how strong they were. My calculations never accounted for their inner power, the determination and nationalism that made them fight against impossible odds and win. I could never understand it. But in time, I learned to respect it."
He came to a stop five feet in front of Kane. "That's the thing you seem to have forgotten, if you knew it at all. Those who live will fight forever to keep living. Those who trade their humanity for immortality in death lose that will. It is the nature of monsters to fall to mankind, just as it is the nature of men to fall to monsters."
"You talk a lot of shit for a bipedal toaster." Kane gripped his blade in both hands. "I wonder if your bite is as stinging as your bark?"
He charged, swinging hard at Alexander's neck. The metal man dodged out of the way at impossible speeds, before firing a concussive blast from his ion cannon at Kane. The Captain of the Red Army crumpled, feeling like he'd just been hit in the gut with a maul.
"Come on. Get back up. You weren't going to let this end with just one hit, were you?"
Kane snarled, charging forward again. This time, he paid attention to where Alexander was aiming, and he made a pair of illusions. One took the shape of his background, making him invisible. The other took his form. The two moved in different directions.
Predictably, the android opened fire on the illusory captain, apparently not noticing the real one under his improvised invisibility screen. Kane went for the kill, aiming a heavy strike at Alexander's upper torso, the place he guessed the core processor was located.
The instant before his blade struck, the android batted Kane's sword away with one hand. As the weapon clattered on the ground, he kicked Kane in the shins, knocking the captain down for a second time.
Alexander sighed. "You know nothing of power. To be fair, your strength is your own, and I respect that. But you don't understand the value of your strength. You use your power like a sledgehammer, battering down any opposition through brute force. But sometimes, that isn't enough.
For instance, I calculated your peak power output based on the number of souls you consumed. My reactor can output half again as much energy, so even if this were a slugging match, I'd still win. But I have decades of experience behind me, together with mastery of half a dozen martial arts and advanced weapons capable of breaking through half a meter of reinforced concrete, provided I don't override the safety limiters, which I usually do."

Kane sprang to his feet, only to be sent back down by an overhead chop. "I'll give you props for learning as much as you did given the time you had, but that doesn't change the fact that you didn't learn the same lessons I did, the lessons Rei did, the lessons, Karl, Hinri, and even Thera learned. Power isn't a ladder. You can't just say 'person A is more powerful than person B' and be done with it. Power is the sum total of all your combined might, knowledge, resources, and skill."
Kane went for his sword, half expecting to be skewered by a laser. To his surprise, nothing came. He clutched the blade, on guard for any attack, but Alexander never fired.
"The reason I tell you this is because I know you, Kane."
Kane scowled. He had met Alexander before, all commissars did, but that was just a copy of him, one among hundreds if not thousands. That was nothing special. Meeting the Dictator in person wasn't that uncommon. He even used a distinctive avatar while in full VR, usually some Ozzy Osbourne looking motherfucker, and anyone could bring up political issues with him whenever they wanted, though he usually ignored them and made no changes to the laws.
"I know you, Kane, because I saw something great within you. The same thing I saw within Thera: I saw myself. Not just in the sense that I wanted another me, since if I wanted that I could just clone myself, but I saw a version of me that hadn't made my mistakes. I figured I could get you both to my position without needing to make those mistakes. Of course, you felt free to make your own. Thera fought fights she could never win, you threw in with those Red Army asshats, and in both cases you wound up as nigh-immortal superhumans completely under the control of the person who turned you.
I suppose what I'm getting at is: You are both so much stronger than you let yourself be. I want to fix that, because even if I can't get you to see reason, I at least want a proper fight. I haven't had any in the past ten years. First fight, there was an incompetent secret agent, second fight, there was a me in a suit of perfectly hackable power armor, and third fight, I only won because I played dead. None of these actually challenged any skill of mine other than my common sense, and I wanted you to be different."

Kane figured he knew what Alexander was referring to.
He stopped holding back his magic, letting it wash over him. He felt power surge through his muscles, felt electrons zip through his brain. Time seemed to slow down as his reflexes grew faster and faster. True, he didn't have enough soul power to maintain this transformation for long, maybe a minute at most. But maybe, a minute was all he needed.
Emboldened by his new speed and power, he attacked. Alexander barely dodged, but as he did, there was a smile on his face.
"There we go!"
The android targeted Kane, letting loose a rapid fire barrage of energy blasts. Kane sidestepped the blasts, letting them impact something behind him that shattered into tiny pieces.
Alexander chuckled as he readied his defenses. "I was wondering what we were going to do with that thing. Now I know."
Kane stabbed at Alexander, aiming for the android's reactor core. This time, his attacks hit home, digging troughs into the diamond-coated titanium plate. An impressive feat of strength, but not enough.
"Shoryuken!" Kane felt an uppercut smash into his jawbone, and he felt something snap. Whatever bone broke healed within two seconds, so all the attack did was piss him off. He slashed at the android's extended arm, but he was interrupted by an energy blast.
"Hadouken!" Alexander fired his jets for a fraction of a second, sending him ten feet across the room. He switched from concussive blasts to high-intensity lasers, trying to cut Kane apart instead of battering him with magnetophysical force.
Kane considered preparing a magical attack. "And now's the part where we both charge our ultimate attacks, send them at each other, and decide the winner based on that, right?"
Alexander charged his cannon. "Oh! Certainly! And after I kill you, you get to train with a demigod of martial arts for a year while waiting for your comrades to gather the seven mystical artifacts to revive you so you can beat me. Sound about right?"
"...Really?"
Alexander groaned. "NO, you imbecile. What does this look like to you, Dragon Ball Z?"
Kane shrugged. "Well, this fight is taking a pretty long time to finish. Feels like it's been over a week since I came here."
Alexander raised an eyebrow. "You showed up three hours ago."
Kane decided that the conversation was pointless and unleashed his magic, deciding against normal attacks and instead choosing to create a massive directed EMP blast. Alexander fell to one knee and clutched his head, obviously not dead, but definitely down.
"You're mine!" Kane charged, stabbing Alexander in the heart. The android got over the EMP, looked down, and then looked back up at Kane.
"I thought we didn't recognize private ownership in this society." he taunted, blasting Kane point blank with a charged shot, sending the vampire flying.
Alexander got to his feet, wrenching the sword out of his gut. Kane saw sparks fly from his damaged circuits, and he was clearly injured, but he was far from dead.
"Give up, Kane. You can't win. You'll run out of energy soon, and even if you manage to beat me, your boss doesn't seem to be great at his job."
Kane felt his energy reserves come close to running dry. "Fine. You win. I didn't even want to fight you, anyway." He deactivated the transformation, standing as a normal vampire. "I do have one question, though. Where is Thera, exactly? She's the only one I had any problem with. The Red Army was just a means to an end, specifically, her end."
Alexander pulled up a holoscreen, showing a familiar cyborg vampire emperor tearing through a squad of Red Army troops. "Doing her thing."
Kane sighed. "Where to go from here?"
"Not sure, really. I was thinking I'd run for President, since elections are two months from now. I probably won't win, but I'd just love to see the look on Thera's face when I put my name into the hat.
I know you never wanted to fight for the Chairman, so I'll forgive your previous actions for now. In addition to offering you a job."

He held out a hand.
Kane looked at it suspiciously, but saw no traps. He figured he might as well take what Alexander said at face value -- after all, it's not like he had any reason to lie about this instead of just shooting him.
He shook the android's hand.
"Deal."
Last edited by Evil Dictators Happyland on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:22 pm

The news of the Consuls’ return spread like wildfire, and a crowd quickly formed around Air Base where they landed. Ernst felt a rush of safety and comfort as he returned to his country. They sat in the lobby of the base, just a few meters away from the crowd and separated by a wall and a red rope. Puyi walked through the sliding glass doors, a sling holding his wounded arm up.
“You’re alive!” They both said at the same time, rushing to each other. The warm light of the base lobby shined off of Puyi’s bald head, Ernst recognizing it immediately. Puyi glanced at the Consuless sitting on the bench.
“Is she…?”
“I’ll be handling the speeches from now on, I guess. So what’d I miss during the end of the world?”
“Populists are maybe a week away from gaining power, if you don’t do something. And, speaking of speeches, you should probably address the, uh, elephant standing outside.”
“I suppose I can improvise a speech.” Ernst glanced at the crowd waiting in the cold.
“That’s the spirit.” Puyi patted him on the shoulder. Ernst walked past him and towards the doors. Suddenly, he heard a gunshot and a numbness in his back. He swung around, pulling the gun out of his Officer’s coat and seeing the pistol in Puyi’s hands. Without a second thought, he fired right between the eyes and walked outside. He stood just behind the red rope and looked out at the cheering and booing crowd. He assessed that since he was not yet coughing up blood, the bullet did not penetrate a lung. Most likely, the bullet was lodged somewhere in his ribs.
“My friends, I believe I have just been shot. But don’t worry, a bullet can’t stop the spirit of freedom!” He addressed the crowd surprisingly calmly, ignoring the commotion going on in the lobby behind him. The day was extremely cold, but no snow quite yet. “Good people, I must apologize for my absence in this troubled time. You may say this is a sign of weakness, but you’d be forgetting the fact that I was out there with our armed forces, retaking the capital before the bombs dropped! No one knows your plight more than me, folks. I’ve taken more than just this bullet, and, I must be honest, all that radiation has probably not done me any favors for my health. But I’m not giving up, and neither should you! That’s why I promise now to set up extensive recovery programs, so you can, on your own hard work and with a gentle, guiding hand, pull yourself through this horror! That’s what true capitalism is; where every man and woman can start with equal opportunity to decide their worth through their own merits!” The loyalists in the crowd cheered, but one voice shouted out to him.
“What are you going to do about the crime running through the streets?” He called out over the cheers.
Ernst waited for the cheers to quiet down before responding, “say that again so everyone can hear, good man.”
“What will Ernst do about the rioting and anarchy plaguing the nation?!” He shouted.
“A good question.” Ernst projected his voice as he spoke so that all could hear him well, “rather than infringing on your rights and liberties, I’ll increase funding and recruitment for the police forces, so they can better enforce the common-sense laws we have already!”
“And what will you do about the white imperialists?”
“The what now?” Ernst leaned in to hear him better, but he very well heard him the first time. He just wasn't sure if what he heard was a joke or not.
“The scum colonizers who have brought the other races to their knees throughout history?! They are a menace to liberty everywhere!” A few in the crowd cheered as he said that.
“Are you high? Even if you had a point there, you don’t solve discrimination with more discrimination.”
“Hear hear!” Someone else in the crowd cheered.
“Listen!” Ernst continued, “we shouldn’t unite as a race, or as a nationality. Through the terror, we must stand united knowing that our liberties and rights will never stay standing, even as the country’s people are brought down! My father taught me a valuable lesson in my youth. I was climbing a tree and fell, breaking my wrist and elbow. He told me he was very happy that day, despite my failure. He said, 'son, you have fallen and hurt yourself, and I couldn't be more proud of the fact that you got right back up!’. The Suongo nation has fallen, but rather than submit to communism, we must get right back up! Now who’s with me?” He raised a hand, wincing in pain, but the crowd cheered with him. The Consul had secured his last two years of his office.
To survive the coming age, we must adapt, resist populist influences, and root out greedy tyranny from the hallowed halls of government, and as God is my witness, we will survive.
-Audo av Sangua

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:16 am

OOC: 2 year time skip some time soon
Not now, not today, but soon.
-Audo av Sangua

Techoligia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Techoligia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:01 am

“Second Battalion this is Overlord Actual, we’re working on getting you the hell out of there!” The Stabsfeldwebel’s radio crackled as she peeked above a makeshift barricade. They were surrounded on all sides by both ghouls and TechSoc infantry. He could hear bullets from old Techoligian Ballistic weaponry whizzing past his head. A Marksman on her right peeked out with his scoped Railgun, dropping one of the TechSoc grunts. The Stabsfeldwebel peeked back up, firing a few shots into the crowd of ghouls with her GG-5B. He pointed to a soldier carrying a large Heavy Machine Gun. “Get that damn thing in place, Gefreiter!” She shouted loudly, watching as the soldier began setting up the emplacement before the soldier shouted back. “MG-28 mounted and ready! Opening fire!” The Soldier began spraying the 12.7mm Machine Gun into the crowd, watching as Ghouls and Grunts alike began falling to the massive output of the weapon. The barrel began steaming and turning red before the Soldier had to stop firing.

“Damnit, where is the Cavalry?” Another soldier shouted, peeking out and firing his T-18 into the crowd. The Stabsfeldwebel shook her head. “The Evac point is up north, towards Stadtenburg.” The Officer replied. “Then why aren’t we getting out of here!?” The soldier snapped back. The soldier then stood up, trying to make a break for it. He immediately dropped dead as he was shot in the head. The Stabsfeldwebel sighed, grabbing a cluster grenade from her belt, activating the fuze, and tossing it into the crowd. She watched as bodies flew from the area around the detonation. She ducked back down after the TechSoc grunts returned fire.

That’s when she and the others heard a cry not heard since the Dark Years. A war cry only heard from the mouths of the Syndicalist Militias her father told stories of.

“Unser Leben für die Union!” She heard coming from the south. Then she heard more gunfire from what sounded like a mix of Semi-Automatic rifles and old Submachine guns. She poked her head up again. She saw blue banners adorned with the old Cog, Hammer, and Torch. The banner of the Arbeiterspartei.
Last edited by Techoligia on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glory to Techoligia and to Chairman Schuler.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 pm

A busy bar in the small southern town in Zhende was even busier in light of the nuclear holocaust. Cold rain pelted the wooden walls and shingles, and a television spoke softly to the bar-goers about the world situation.
“It has been three weeks since the atomic bombs destroyed Basdra Aban and the world. Reports estimate that the total number dropped stands at 11 in Suongoland, 4 in China, 9 in America, and a collective 8 dropped across multiple European nations. The resulting nuclear winter has left Basdra Aban completely uninhabitable, and global temperatures have dropped 2.5 degrees in coastal regions, and up to 3.5 degrees in inland Eurasia. Attempts to find survivors in Basdra Aban have been almost entirely unsuccessful, but the Suongo have the Athenians to thank for finding the Consuls. The federal government has approved the breakup of all energy monopolies to ensure that reasonable prices are maintained in the wake of the disaster, and have devoted three quarters of the budget and surplus to the recovery of the nation, with the rest devoted to the remnants of the armed forces in defense of the country. In a strange gesture of unity, the Suongo government has offered aid to the major nations of Techoligia and Pax Athena in equal proportions, but have yet to receive confirmation as to whether they accept. No Suongo foreign aid has found itself outside of Korea or Europe, and it seems the government is going to maintain this position.”
One of the bar-goers looked to his mate.
“What a shitty month this has been, ey?”
“You’re tellin’ me. An’ have ya heard of them vigilante folk? Big tough guys thinkin’ they’re judge, jury, an’ executioner.”
“I think I know watcha talkin’ about. Like that one masked guy? Who was he?”
“Yeah, apparently some Japanese national got a samurai menpo and started choppin’ up Reds an’ Fronters.”
“Hey, speakin’ of which…” He looked over at the man causing a stir on the other side of the bar. He wore a red armband and carried a red flag.
“The bombing of Basdra Aban was a show of justice for the victims of capitalism!” He said loudly, standing on a table and likely in a vodka-induced stupor. “We have to unionize and crush our oppressors!” No one seemed to mind him, mostly just keeping to their drinks and enjoying their night in the warmth of the bar. The man enjoying his drink with his friend beckoned the bartender.
“Ey, how many shots has that guy been given?” He asked. The bartender shrugged, wiping down a beer mug.
“Maybe a couple. I think he’s one of those lightweights from Nihon.” A shout rang through the bar as a fight broke out between the Red and one of the bar-goers. A general blur as punches were thrown between the two. The rest of the patrons formed a clearing for the fight, and a makeshift arena of spectators was formed. The Red grabbed his opponent and swung him around, eventually slamming him into the wall, leaving a hole in the wood planks making up the room. He was as motionless and as silent as the bar. Suddenly, a blur of black emerged from the crowd and stopped just behind the Red. Blood painted the wood a deep crimson as the Red’s throat was cut open. The black figure turned around as the Red collapsed to the ground, revealing their masked face which covered everything from their nose to their chin, forged with the appearance of a red-skinned, mustachioed snarling man. But the figure’s eyes were a calm gray, their skin a fair tone. Black hair flowed down to his shoulders, blending in with his black cloak covering all but his feet, which wore black boots covered in snow. Without a word, the vigilante made his way through the small crowd and walked out the door, gait direct and confident.

---

OOC: I lied, here’s the time skip, but don’t let it stop you from posting about things that happened before it. I just got bored and had some time to kill.

IC:
“Namai?” A young boy asked the woman sitting by her desk, tinkering with her gun.
“I told you to stay out of my office, Tokaya.”
“I was just wondering if you could answer a question.”
“What is it, then?”
“Well… what was life like before the bombs? I don’t really remember anymore.” Tokaya Zhen asked innocently. Namai looked up from her gun and sighing. “Was it better?”
“No.”
“But… all of the world’s greatest fighters were still alive! Things were better, right?”
“If only a little bit. But… I fear it’s about to get a lot worse.” Namai sighed again, looking at her computer which indicated that elections were upcoming. Undai walked in, looking at his watch, reading a news report on the small screen.
“Still can’t believe Elisa and Don had a kid…” Undai mumbled to himself, seeing the young prince standing by her desk.
“Well, you’ve had eight years to get over it, so I think that’s your problem.”
“It just feels like such a short time, you know?”
“I guess I know that feeling.”

---

“As we all have seen with our own eyes, Consul Ernst’s free-market policies have so far failed to bring the country out of its situation. Sure, the middle class all have power and running water, but not everyone. Food and water should be human rights, not a privilege granted to those with enough money. And Kim’s economic policy has only sustained the nation, but the depression has yet to be resolved. If anything, these past two years have been proof that the free market cannot solve all of our problems, and it’s time to take control, or else the country will fall behind the Reds and the Imperialists!”
Ping Li has maintained her movement’s momentum well into this election, and the final tally will be counted next month. It seems she will win with an impressive majority, but the support behind Ernst stays strong. Leena has all but removed herself from politics, completely disappearing from the public eye and leaving Ernst as the sole de facto Consul, though she still technically holds the title of Consuless. This show of weakness greatly hurt Ernst’s popularity, and Li’s populist promises will likely be the nail in the coffin for the 12-year-long administration.
-Audo av Sangua

Pax Athena
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pax Athena » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:03 am

More echoes. More voices. But this time not from inside but other people. "His eyes are moving."
"Is he awake?
"No, semiconscious at most. The sedative is still on."
"Either way, just make sure those restraints are tight. Wouldn't want him mistaking us for a vampire."
"No, we wouldn't. And if I were you I would make those straps secure. Commander Absalom would get pissed if he broke out."
"Yeah, let's make sure."
The world went dark once again for the disgraced shinobi.

Valerian Taiyomizu awoke to several high powered lights shining straight in his eyes, forcing him to close it in all the light's intensity.
A curious, probing voice pierced the air, as if studying a fascinating specimen. “Ah, so the convict is finally awake. Good morning, Valerian.”
The shinobi struggled against his restraints, rather futilely.
“I wouldn’t try that if I were you. People much stronger have been successfully contained in this facility.”
Valerian looked around. He was in some sort of interrogation room, white walls gleaming in all it’s perfect cleanliness. A table was before him, a small mahogany desk. Opposite him was a vaguely native american man, scrutinising him with his eyes alone. “So, let us skip the pleasantries, shall we not. To the core the the matter. Valerian Taiyomizu, you are charged with murder of Hadria Marius, an Air Force support officer, a first class offence. Why did you kill him, Valerian?”
It came back to Valerian in a flash. In a single shock, he remembered what had transpired. The… murder. He looked at his own hands in disgust, the blood the pooled out of the officer’s body still imprinted in his mind. “I… I thought he was a vampire. I saw- I thought I saw the signs of one. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to kill him.”
“Specialist. Look at me.” The commander said simply but commandingly. Valerian realised that he had avoided eye contact instinctively, the guilt tormenting his mind, burning him inside. Reluctantly, he raised his eye to that of the commander, whose eyes were inspecting him as if some form of rare bird.
“You would not do well to lie to me, specialist.” Absalom said, his voice cold and neutral, betraying no emotions. “Now, I will ask you once again. Why did you kill that man? At the risk of sounding cliche, he had a wife and children, you know. He genuinely did.”
“I’ve already told you what I know. I thought I saw something. Red eyes, his face. But it turned out to be fake?”
“Fake? You mean a hallucination?” The Commander did not break eye contact but leaned ever so slightly closer instead.
“I-I guess so.” Valerian said, reluctant to tell the commander that he was hearing voices and supernatural screams. After all, that was a sign of insanity. “Or maybe it’s the way the light reflected. I dunno.”
“Specialist Taiyomazu. At the scene there was scant things to reflect light with. And even if there was it was nighttime.” Absalom countered analytically. “Tell me what you are hiding and we will get this over with.”
“Well…” Valerian started, trying to stall for time to think of an excuse. “…It was the- the-“
Stopping all pretence of pleasantry, Absalom spoke, now with much more contempt and disgust. “So are you one of those fighters who kill because they can? Who fight not for any particular cause but simply for the exercise of power? After all, that is who they are. Fighters. I’ve faced them, too many of them.”
Valerian remained still and silent, his expression now solemn.
“I see we are not going to get any confession out of you, specialist. Well then, perhaps my inquiries need be more direct.
Three hours before the murder, you reported hearing a scream. None of your comrades did hear such a thing, but it led to the discovery of the Consuls. We need not lie to each other that this scream is supernatural in nature. From your records, I have inferred that you have been hearing such voices for over 10 years now, starting from the return of Aya Zhen in Suongoland.”
Surprised that the commander had been able to deduct so much from so little, Valerian replied rather boldly. “What makes you so sure? There’s not even that much in my records. I say you are making shit up.”
“Oh, you underestimate how much your master has been keeping track of you. Now, if you want to avoid a certain death sentence, you need to tell me. Why did you kill him?”
This time, looking straight at the commander’s eyes, he said certainly and defiantly. “I thought he was a vampire.”
It may’ve been but a moment, but it felt like ages as the Commander’s eyes seemed to pierce his eyes into the mind underneath, that probing gaze becoming more profound than ever.
“I believe you.” Absalom concluded, finally.
“Now, to another matter entirely.” Absalom said to Valerian’s sceptical gaze. “Where do your loyalties lie, Valerian?”
“Towards my family.”
“Your family is dead. So is your stepmother. Apologies for being so emotionally insensitive, but now, who do you fight for?”
“The Athenians, I suppose. Jens was always fiercely patriotic. This was what she wanted me to do.”
“But a career as a rifleman in the navy is unsuited for you, as we both know. Allow me to make a proposition. Someone of your talent is unique, even rare. A modern day ninja cultist is not something one regularly encounters after all. I require your abilities, especially now that Suongoland may soon descend into chaos. In return, I offer you a purpose.”
“A purpose? To live?”
“Indeed. Greater than simply family or tribe. You will fight for the survival of humanity in this precarious time, under my personal command.”
“Right.” Valerian thought about it. Absalom was right. He didn’t really have anything to fight for anymore. Everyone was dead, his dad, his mom, stepmom, every single person important to him had left him when he needed them most. And they are never to return again. The commander had obviously taken a lot of trouble to see him and persuade him, and anyways, what’s not to like about saving mankind from nuclear apocalypse. “Very well then."

Pax Athena
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pax Athena » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:30 am

"What will you do about the Suongo populist, Ping Li?" A reporter waved her recorder in the face of Camara Faenix, the favourite for the first elections since the nuclear apocalypse. It was a unique one too: all the previous parties had been broken up. The Liberal Democrats had half their MPs nuked to oblivion. The Communists were well... communists. Other fringe parties lost supports as people gathered around new leaders promising to lead them out of their plight. Camara had been the most successful one of them all, idealistically arguing that the Athenian people need to unite and combat the ills that had plagued society. While food and water were available, rampant corruption had limited that access to a few select groups, mostly from the higher classes. In response, Camara has not only promised to eliminate corruption and return the Peace to the old days where the nation had nonexistent nepotism and such, but also to "integrate the classes together as one, not as a form of warfare, but to heal the cracks between the stratified social structures." Further, the neglect put to the Armed Forces would end, as "our commitment to our comrades-at-arms will increase threefold. The state of the Army is decrepit and underfunded. And look what we've got. A nuclear apocalypse."

Surprisingly, she is notably right-wing on certain economic issues, advocating for privatisation and the withdrawal of government subsidies on several industries, claiming tax money could be better spent than trying to hold up crumbling industries.

Needless to say, her radical reforms have caused critics to draw comparisions between her and the Suongo favourite, Ping Li, whose proposals are received with varying degrees of consternation or enthusiasm by the general populace.

"Well, it's not as if I will have to 'do' something about Ping Li." Camara said, the eyes of the Peace watching. "I rather agree with many of her proposals, and I'm sure most of you watching will agree as well. Suongoland needs stability, and her reform, as controversial as they may be, are no more "communistic" than what we already have in the Peace. How many of us here are alive because food and water were dispatched to areas of need, regardless of money, regardless of who you are. Most of us, I would say. Do the Suongo not deserve the same things we hold as rights? Health, shelter, subsistence, safety. Is an integral pillar of the four freedoms not the Freedom from Want? Many have drawn comparisons between her and other populist dictators, but no one can argue that she will be elected democratically when Hitler, Stalin and the rest came to power by force. This way, she preserves democracy and if she truly is the populist authoritarian then there is little to fear: the Suongo's voice will speak and democracy will decide her fate."

---

For once in the frosty apocalypse, the sun was shining, yellow rays permeating the wide cafe.
"So we're are getting nice with the Phoenix Front now are we, Faenix?" Absalom mentioned as he deeply drank his bergamot flavoured tea.
"It was a necessary move. Ping Li is popular with much of our voter base, and well, some of her policies align with our agenda." Camara replied, while making sure no one was listening.
"You mean the sixteen year old voters are falling for the attractive young Asian candidate? What a surprise." Absalom said, voice thick with sarcasm.
"The teenagers are a major demographic base, Absalom. And they're not stupid either. Our census revealed that even fifteen year olds in high school are politically active to some extent."
"I noticed. In my time teens were too busy playing Crusader Kings X and getting stoned to bother with politics. And now look, a major source of left-wing voters with extremely high turnout rates. I for one, was too busy hypothesising about an invasion of America to actually care."
"Nerd." Camara said without showing any trace of sarcasm. "Anyways, I've contacted the MoD. Your ion laser project has been approved. And now that you have my support, I assume I will have your military assets in return?"
"You have my word."

Techoligia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Techoligia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:42 pm

The Queen-Regent stood at the podium outside of Cogsport Palace. Her daughter, the 13 year old Queen of Techoligia Valerie I, stood at her side. The massive crowd in front of them cheered upon the site of the Queen and her mother.

“Ladies and gentleman of our fine Kingdom. I come before you today to make news of several policy changes being made by our government. For too long we have stayed out of the world’s stage to rebuild after decades of war and poverty caused by inept governments and civil war. We have watched as the Dictatorship in the Happyland toppled, finally giving liberty to its people. We watched our once Germanic brothers in the Athenian Peace rise onto the world stage, and we’ve watched as the once small and weak state of Finswedeway turn into a power to rival Techoligia’s old hegemony.” The crowd was silent as she continued.

“However. This does not mean that the European Federation of Nations and the Devon-Lionaki Pact must be enemies. In fact, we should work together to ensure peace and prosperity for all of Eurasia. This is, in fact, why I have come to speak with you today. The Bundesrat and the Techoligian Ambassadors to Finswedeway and the Peace have presented the draft of a new treaty. The treaty would create the Eurasian Defense and Economic League, EDEL*, or die Eurasische Verteidigungs und Wirtschaftsliga, die EVW. It is presented as a mix of the economic free-trade policies of the European Federation with the defensive measures of the Pact. We present it as an act of peace against the constant war and strife of what our Grandparents would wall Post-Modern society, the Post-Modern Struggles** if you prefer. This League would ensure peace and prosperity throughout most of the Eurasian continent. The European Federal Congress has already set forth its approval of EDEL in the case of the Pact’s approval.” There were scattered boos from the crowd, mostly from Techoligian Strasserists and NazBols.

“We hope that the Pact accepts our offer to bring eternal peace to the Old World, so that the words Freiheit, Starke, und Wohlstand shall describe the entire continent!” The Queen-Regent stepped away from the podium to a mostly cheering crowd. She hoped to god that the other nations would accept. Partly because she wanted to spread peace and prosperity, and partly because of the fear of the Happyland’s political and military might. This League could be the one thing that can stand against it. However, she had more important things to worry about, namely finding a husband for the Queen.

OOC:
*Edel means “Noble” in German.
**Yes I went there.
Glory to Techoligia and to Chairman Schuler.

Pax Athena
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pax Athena » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:52 am

"So it is agreed then? The majority state owned companies, except for essential infrastructure and services, will be privatised and sold. That should bring a hefty boost to the treasury, and more companies to tax too."
"Aye." A shadow cabinet member said, along with the assent of everyone else in the room. By now, it was virtually guaranteed that Camara's Free Land Party would sweep the election. There was some threat stemming from the civic ultranationalist right wing party, the Roman Party, claiming that the Athenian Peace is actually Third Rome (technically true, if you consider the original settlers Romans), and advocating for extreme militarism against "threats to national security" with a not so subtle jab to communists and select American politicians. On nationalism, the Romans have said that "the Athenian Peace is not a people. We are not a finely tuned, homogenous demographic mix of a volk. We are something greater, we are idealists, fighting for a better future for us and for all humankind. We are the descendants of the Augustans, if not by blood then by spirit, and that is something we can all be proud of. When the Europeans were busy being pretentious in the Renaissance, who built the roads? Who created the majority of the infrastructure holding the continent together? Whose sewer systems was it that remained in constant use for centuries on end while the continentials regressed technologically? It was us, the Romans, whose Pax Romana outshined their so called Renaissance and even rivalled the Enlightenment. While undoubtedly flawed and elitist, we were the first promulgators of democracy, and we will correct the mistakes of the past in this new age! The Pax Atheniensis! The Athenian Peace, which will outshine even the Roman Peace!"
Camara remembered that speech, delivered by a Bedouin party member who was adorned in traditional Byzantine robes, an odd sight, but not in Pax Athena. The crowd cheered hard, which was not surprising considering they were mostly composed of highly nationalistic people.

"Anyways, returning to foreign policy. The election is in three days and so it is our administration deciding whether we'll get nice with the Techologian or not." The State minister started.
"How can we trust them?" The minister of transportation exclaimed. "They've been in isolation for decades now, even our spies didn't get that far beyond basic schematics."
"Stay in your corner and let the professionals deal with this business, Gaius." The minister of defence stopped him. "The Techoligians outmatch us in many key technologies, and even in our core information technology sectors. It would be extremely strategically valuable to match their technology level."
"True enough." Commodore Absalom agreed, his tone calm but commanding. The bickering went silent, as the officer rarely said anything, preferring to listen. "And technology aside, I think that the majority of Athenians would agree that it is time to put aside our differences and unite with our old brothers across the Atlantic channel. And indeed I believe a unified Eurasia would be very effective in containing the 'Amerikaner' threat, as the Techoligians would call it. It is likely that military unification is one of their main goals, and a commendable one too. A great deal of death could be prevented by this League."
"But the Romans would rail against this treaty." A party member suggested. "What with all their ultranationalist rhetoric."
"Not quite, Mister Mahmoud. The Romans would agree to this amplification of military power against the 'Happylandian menace' as they say. As long as our autonomy isn't eroded, they would happily sign the treaty."
"But as everyone here knows," Camara spoke, silencing the arguing members on the floor. "We also strongly value the Devon-Liaonaki Pact. It is the closest thing we have to the former NATO. No one here would disagree that if this union comes at the cost of the alliance with Finswedeway, especially with Ping Li's... unique rhetoric, it would be unacceptable."
"Indeed." Absalom assented. "Let us hope that she sees this less as an attempt of white imperialists to integrate the Suongo and more as a necessary union. If not, then it's sadly no to the Teckolanders."

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the year 476 National Election Debate.” The announcer began as the polite applause died down. “We will cover many topics today, and at the end we
will receive questions from the audience. We have plenty of time today, but will allow a maximum of five minutes for each candidate’s answer. Before beginning, I would like to thank our sponsors, Zhen Industries. Now without further ado, please welcome to the stage the incumbent Consul and Sir-General, leader of the Patriot’s Party, Ernst Kim.” The audience clapped as a well-dressed Ernst in a yellow tie entered stage right, adjusting the microphone and greeting the audience. The announcer continued, “and, please welcome the candidate’s competition, running for the Phoenix Front, actress and public speaker, Ping Li.” More applause filled the theatre as Li entered from the left. “We will begin with the first question going to Kim by coin toss.”

The debate was polite but tense, with both candidates making jokes and petty insults throughout.

“Alright, Li, as we move on to the discussion of foreign policy, this question is for you. How do your beliefs on Asian Unity impact your plans for the European Defense and Economic League proposed by the Queen of Techoligia?” Li took a second to think about the question, as foreign policy was a topic mostly not discussed in the election.
“Well, sir, I believe that the Americans are a much greater threat to liberty and the free market than any other world power, though the Chinese certainly need to be addressed at some point. The truth is, Suosverge alone cannot stand against oppression, no matter how much we wish it so, and that aligning ourselves with the United Eurasian movement would greatly improve our chances of dealing with the Americans once and for all. I believe it is our duty, as the sole Democratic country in all of Asia, aside from Korea, who we put into power in the first place, to bring that freedom to the rest of the continent, and, eventually, the world. I still feel there should be a more official way of uniting our nations, if it means the destruction of the American threat. I’m nit proposing the enshrinement of the monarchy into government, but if the richest, most influential family in the country were married to the Queen… it would certainly legitimize the alliance with both of our peoples.”
“Okay, and, Mister Kim, what do you have to say to this?”
“I am… reluctant to consider following through with an alliance with Techoligia. America was most certainly the breeding ground for the Reds, but they haven’t shown their faces for almost a year now, only making small terror attacks on small nations in Africa and the like. And the democratization of the country only goes to show how patience and armed pacifism can make a difference if you are truly in the right. I have ruled this country for 12 years without international incident, and I wish for it to stay that way. As for China and Asian Unity, I find it quite contradictory to propose bringing freedom to Asia when you yourself propose a military dictatorship.” Kim motioned towards Li, who became defensive.
“'military dictatorship’? Have you heard of a mirror, honorable Sir-General? In fact, every Consul, besides Valter Hermansson, from the founding of the Consulate in the days of Hinri, to the puppet government set up by the Japanese in WWII, to this very day has served as Sir or Madame-General in their lives. I believe I am the first in a long succession of candidates to have not served in the military. So don’t talk to me about military dictatorships when a general put you into power in the first place.”
“The very same General you constantly compare yourself to.” Ernst rebutted.
“I have done no such thing. I am not the Chinese Rei Unaki. I am not the Suongo Andrew Jackson. I am Ping Li. I am Asian, as are we all.”
“Alright now!” the announcer standing behind a podium between the two slammed his fist on the surface of the podium, “let us move on to other subjects to keep this debate moving.”

---

“Hey Namai?” The young Tokaya tugged on her shirt, always asking questions.
“Yes, little one?”
“When will you start teaching me to be a hero?”
“When you're old enough, Tokaya.”
“But you told me mother was throwing fireballs by the age of twelve!”
“Well, you aren’t twelve, aren’t you?”
“Ugh, fiiine…”
“Look, as vulnerable as you are, you don't want to be attracting any more attention than what your bloodline already gives you. You’re lucky some bandit hasn’t kidnapped you like your grandmother was when she was your age.”
“Yes, Ma’am.” Tokaya said, disinterested.
-Audo av Sangua

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:46 am

The election results are in, and the debates were clearly the final nail in the coffin for Ernst’s campaign. Ping Li has won the election with a majority vote of 80%, absolutely unheard of and far outclassing Rei’s reelection 16 years prior. She was sworn in quickly so as not to waste a minute dealing with the transition of power. Most of her supporters came in from Manchuria and Japan, with the Russian state only showing 49% support for her and retaining their Patriot’s Party Governor. Rather than giving a speech to the people following the election, Li went straight to work with the administration. She immediately instituted a national curfew to deal with rampant crime and chaos as well as nationalizing the many industries involved in food and water production, notably leaving Zhen Industries untouched. Not long after, she changed the law banning automobiles to exclude military and police vehicles and soon following that act, she granted huge funds to Zhen Industries and allowed it to gain a monopoly over most of the industries not nationalized by Li’s administration. A mere week later, she passed more laws. The first one abolished the death penalty, one of the many promises she made in her campaign. The second allowed the government to conscript en masse if “the international situation made it a necessity.” It was clear to all Li had a plan, and subtlety was not on the agenda. She also made many pushes to revitalize the Chotyo industry, but that was to be a long term effort, and began a propaganda campaign pushing for the liberation of the Chinese from Communism. The posters depicted a man cutting his own wrist with a sickle and a message in five languages that showed statistics of victims of Communism, which, thanks to Alexander and the Reds combined, now totaled well into the billions and had a margin of error of over 50 million thanks to Communist suppression of facts and lack of transparency. The posters were printed en masse and were discretely distributed all over the Chinese nation by local anti-communist Chinese resistance groups. On her third month of administration, she greatly expanded military spending, with new innovations being rolled out in Swarm technology, which had been worked on by the Suongo government for a long time, just never actually brought into drills until now. Among these was the public revelation of the Mk. I Lei-u, Awglikhan for cheetah, incorporated into the Legio VI, named for its ability to cross great distances in a short amount of time, with a maximum speed of 85 mph on a good day and on flat terrain. The Hover-Tank design, a technology stolen from the Jlibando and repurposed for Earthling terrain, had seen action way back in the third Swarm war, but was extremely slow and bulky. The modern design is easy to produce, taking only about half a day in a single assembly line, and fires from three distinct guns. One fires anti-armor shells, another fires plasma blasts, the other is a mounted machine gun intended for use against infantry. The sheer superiority of the tank demonstrated both to the public and abroad was more of a symbol of pride, showing how fast a strong, popular leader can revive a nation’s industry in just a few months. Waves of HTs parade through the streets of Chotyo to cheering crowds, but the country still awaits the addressing speech of their Consuless.

The Consuless had been pressured to discuss an alliance with the rest of Europe throughout her entire first three months of her rule, but she was far too interested in domestic affairs and the national revival plan to have time to meet with other world leaders. She was running out of time, so she rushed over to Cogsport. She had already contacted the Queen-Regent, validating the alliance, but they had yet to meet in person to discuss matters more efficiently than through messengers and indirect telegrams. The young world leader was granted great accomodations, being brought through the golden halls of the palace itself by the Bundeskanzler, who was going on about the history of the palace, but Li wasn’t really paying attention. Ping looked in awe at the lavish decorations, open only to a select few. It was something she never imagined being something she would see. She recalled her childhood, working in a Chinese sweatshop at the age of ten in Shanghai to “help the war effort.” The wallpaper was peeling away and was stained with the blackened coal of a leaky furnace incident that had happened not too long ago. Her hands were covered in dirt and grime, her cheeks were sunken, dehydrated and starved. The constant whirring of machinery would be ingrained into her consciousness. Now, here she was, only twelve years later, representing the greatest country on Earth and shining beacon of Eastern Democracy to meet a fellow world leader, a Queen no less. But the immense beauty and lavishness all sickened her. Her compassion she had developed for the poor and the downtrodden forced her to be suspicious of this wealth. Still, she figured to herself as she reached the throne room, it was better than a communist. At least they didn’t hide their ego behind the mantra of “looking out for the working man”. The Consuless was followed closely by three guards and the MEC, with the intention of introducing the Prince of all Suongo to the Queen-Proper. They reached the entrance to the throne room, a marvelous mahogany door on which they clearly spared no expense in carving the fine wood murals and symbols of Techoligian culture. The Bundeskanzler stopped just before the door.
“Excuse me, but your friends are going to have to stay behind.”
“Fine, but the Prince is still coming, yes?”
“Yes, of course, Fraulein.”
“Okay, come on Tokaya.” the Prince carelessly held Li’s hand, having no issue in leaving Namai’s side. She entered the throne room, golden light beams flowing through the windows. The Queen-Regent sat on her throne, her daughter and husband both stood by the throne with her, the Techoligian guards escorting her through the palace respectfully and dutifully putting their rifles by their sides and saluting, while the Bundeskanzler bowed low. Li stood tall, approaching her as though she was any other woman. With a smile and an extended hand, she walked up to the woman sitting on the throne. The guards quickly got in her way, their high-tech guns pointed at her head. To everyone but Li’s surprise, The Queen stood up and motioned the guards away.
“Guten Morgen, Consuless Li.” She said, taking Li’s hand and speaking German, which had been established in previous contact as the language the two leaders knew in common.
“Hello, Lady Emma. We have a lot of work to do.”
The two leaders shook hands in the golden wash of the palace light, the alliance officially founded.
-Audo av Sangua

Pax Athena
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pax Athena » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Sweatshops had been banned in Pax Athena for well over a hundred and fifty years now, and yet even if that ever present symbol of injustice had been wiped, life was no less cruel, life was still cold and uncaring. In 2074, the Android N7i-3774 seized power and claimed an age of utopia, where subsistence was eliminated and all drudgery was passed on to the robots, by their very nature without mind and consciousness. And yet even with everything they could ever want, the Athenians, and indeed, all humans were still unsatisfied. For what the limitless cornucopia of the nearly post scarcity Peace had given them, it had robbed from the denizens of the green Isles something inherent to all humans: a meaning. Why live when there is nothing to strive to? Why live when to the functioning of society, one has absolutely no value? Many chose to create meaning within themselves. Living for one's family. For oneself, either way, in total luxury. But in the end, the Peace was only nearly past scarcity, not truly, and the seams tore apart. Many of the robots that the humans had deemed as worthless and menial has developed sentience in their Deep Neural Networks. For them, what they had seen disgusted them, an emotion humans thought exclusive to themselves. While the robots were the pillars of society, humans had been phased out, rendered obsolete. To them, these humans were simply a drain on resources, who acted as if they were somehow inherently superior, justified in their arrogance. Even after N7i was toppled, these sentiments remained. To outsiders, the Presidency of Horatia Atrecht between 2084-96 was marked by extreme secrecy and border control. To Athenians, it was marked by the Great Shift. N7i's orthodoxy broke apart as the robots, perhaps more accurately called androids, fought for their recognition as thinking, being machines over the token second class citizenship that had been handed to them. To the humans, they finally found a meaning: to find a meaning for life. It was a remarkably bloodless war. The machines, as cold and lifeless as they are, had developed their own system of ethics, one which prioritised the wellbeing of all sentient beings, regardless of their identity or existence, and ultimately, one which prioritised the whole over the one. Looking in the long term, the machines settled for a peace treaty with the humans: true equity, with humans and machines working their fair share: the humans got their meaning, and the machines after a decades long fight, were respected and revered, however grudgingly. It was said in many secretive circles that a certain Ensign Hohia'naka sparked the peace treaty, after saving a scared teenager from a rampaging machine, calling out their hypocrisy.
Either way, balance between the humans and machines in society was returned, as the way of all life. Yin and Yang will always settle into an equibrilium.

2096, Cogsport
Commodore Absalom walked astride Alvin, his aide subtly checking for security threats. In another room, Anamarie Zhen walked by them, virtually invisible, awaiting the meeting with the Prince, Tokaya Zhen. An invisible shadow stalked them, shifting light along the grand, lavish ceiling, unsettling Alvin but not Absalom, who knew perfectly well the nature of the darkness.
"Consulless Li has arrived, Ambassador." Their Techoligian escort told them, his motion formal and respectful.
"Duly noted." Absalom replied. "Well Alvin, looks like it is time for us to meet the Suongo delegation."
"Indeed sir." Alvin seemed to assent. "Tell the Queen-Regent we will be arriving shortly."

Absalom now stood underneath a massive mahogany door, it's size rivalling that of the Entrance Hall of the castle in which Parliament now takes session. It's intricate carving reminded Absalom of the luminescent markings that illuminated the underground cavern of that very same castle. Looking at the artwork with a careful eye, Absalom noticed many subtle similarities between Athenian and Techoligian historical art. "Ambassador-"
Alvin's words broke Absalom out of his internal analysis, which he needed to: the treaty, the mission was the most important priority. They passed through the gargantuan doors into the still lavish throne room, passing by a group of Suongo distinguished by their MEC markings standing out. Inside, they saw two figures: one small and adolescent. Another still very young but carrying herself with pride and dignity. "That must be the Consulless and the Prince." Alvin noted astutely
"And the woman there must be the queen regent."
Anamarie Zhen walked in as well, absorbing tactical and possibly important information silently: a skill that had saved her life more than once.
"Guten Tag, Lady Emma. Consulless Li." Absalom started, reveling in the golden light of the palace. "President Faenix sends her salutations, and apologies she could not be present herself, for reasons our telegrams should've made clear."
"As a symbol of the alliance to come, and the peace between our peoples, I present you this."
Alvin brandished a silver sword, as the guards immediately went to alert, surrounding Alvin expertly.
Absalom went to descalating the situation easily. "Some six hundred years ago, the revered Saewynes of Techoligia saw fit to present this sword to our people, and throughout our history, this sword, the iron of the Junii, has secured the survival of our people. It is now, when our people are united, that I return and entrust this artifact to you, the Techoligians."
Absalom bowed respectfully as the Japanese girl, younger than even Ping Li presented the sword to the Queen-Regent.
"You must be Anamarie Zhen." She noted.
"Yes, ma'am."

"Now, it is time to get to work." Absalom said, the golden light of the hall illuminating him, making him seem more supernatural than he actually was. From above, the shadow watched the proceedings, preparing to step in if things go wrong.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:37 pm

A young leader stood on the beach of Manchuria, feeling the weight of their responsibility falling upon them. Her name was Ping Li, and she had a dream. And there was no better motivator than a cool night by the ocean. Li thought of the rulers before her, one in particular that she had learned about from her father, who took great interest in giving her an education. It was a Byzantine Emperor who reminded her so much of herself. Ambitious, young, charismatic, and ruling a nation in decline. Like this Emperor, Li intended to change this, and restore it to well beyond its former glory. The chilling waves coming from the sea covered her toes, the cold sending a chill up her spine. She walked back towards the city of Olizha, making her way to her relatively humble apartment near the coast. She thought more about her future. Li insisted to others that she was her own leader, but it dawned upon her now that she would be the Suongo Justinian. And, like Justinian, the great work she would accomplish in her rule would likely be completely gone not a century later. Li faced the same short-term problems Justinian had faced as well. Her military was strong, and its morale and drive to victory was unmatched in all of the world. But she lacked leadership. She was no general, and the greatest mind of her time was dead. Puyi, who had attempted to seize power at the best possible moment for him, fell to mere chance and luck that Ernst survived. But Ernst was a damned good general himself, if she could convince him to follow orders. Besides, what she had in mind for the near future was something more ambitious than any Byzantine could ever dream of. She dreamed of a United Asia. And her plan would need a strong leader, it could not afford to be torn apart by disloyal generals. And as she walked up the stairs to her tenant, one that was indistinguishable from any other’s, and turned the keys to her door, an idea popped into her head. The best way to test a general’s loyalty is by dusting up a collection of warring states on the borders of her country, and what better cesspool of warlords to keep the peace in than the former New Fanian federation, which had long since been flung into civil war, splitting Scandinavia apart. She plopped down onto her bed, too excited to shower or change clothes. Tomorrow, she would realize Rei Unaki's long-dead dream. Tomorrow, she would fulfill her country’s namesake.
-Audo av Sangua

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:21 am

OOC: Completely forgot to post here for the longest time. Whoops.

IC:

Two years have passed since the Presidential Election, and Emperor Anderson has finally run out of ways to stall Alexander's election to President, after he received 46% of the vote for the Communist Party, beating out the Technologist Party (35%) and the Democratic Party (12%).
The former Dictator ran on a platform of economic expansion and reform in both the military and the political processes, something that most outside observers translated to "seize the means of production, hire military commissars, and ban elections". How he won was a mystery, though extensive investigations have confirmed that no one tampered with the election.

"Go to hell." Thera growled over the phone.
"Only after you say it."
"Fine! YOU WIN!"
She heard him laughing. Soon, the rest of the Communist Party officials joined in, and she realized that she had been on speaker phone.
She crushed the phone, discarding the piece of scrap metal and burying her head in her hands.
"How is a man who has fought in more wars than anyone cares to count and is well into his eighties this immature?" she wondered.
Wishing to turn her mind to more pleasant matters, she called the medical scientists about her potentially life-threatening condition. It had been dubbed "ABA-2182", and the symptoms matched classical descriptions of vampires. What fun.
The doctor on the other end shuffled some papers as he noticed the call. "Ah, Ms. Anderson!"
"How goes the research?" she asked.
"Not well, I'm afraid. But we have figured out how the disease works." He pulled up a small animation, but she didn't understand what it was intended to depict.
"You see, it manifests several magical effects within the host body, namely vastly increased strength, speed, and regenerative capabilities, in addition to becoming significantly more powerful magically. The physical changes you have experienced -- sharpened teeth, brightened irises, and blackened sclera -- are a result of this regeneration attempting to correct damage that is not actually present, and it is turning you into something other than human. The projected biological immortality you will also experience is also a result of this regeneration, but an explanation of how that works would be too technical for a phone call. I'll just send you a PDF with the explanation, if you'd like."
"That's really not necessary. But all this seems to be either positive, neutral, or easily corrected with colored contact lenses. Don't try to tell me that that's the full story, because I know it isn't."
"Ah. About that." He called up a different animation, this one seeming to depict a spreading sickness throughout the human body. "All the energy to do this has to come from somewhere, and it draws it from the same source every other magical effect draws power from: from the "soul", as it were. I personally distaste the term, but like it or not, it applies.
Anyway, unlike other effects, spells for example, the ABA-2182 pathogen doesn't draw energy from ambient soul power. Rather... it simply consumes the soul. Given enough time, it will kill the host unless they absorb another soul themselves, inevitably killing the victim in the process, to sustain themselves. For some reason, this is most efficient if the host drinks the victim's blood. We still don't know why, but we're working on it. Under normal circumstances, the host could last no more than a month before they start to burn out, and no more than six months before death, unless they consume another souled being, preferably another human, but we expect that other beings such as Swarm or whatever species Coagula was would work."
She opened and closed a hand, watching the blood in her veins. For some reason, they seemed... empty. "So, do I just have some exceptional resistance to this or something? Because I've had this for two years, and I'm still here."
"That is because of your cybernetic implants.
We tried to create cyborgs before the advent of magic, but it never worked. The people we transformed always slipped into a vegetative state or simply died for no apparent reason. After we researched the nature of magic, we figured out why. If most of the body is replaced with mechanical implants, the soul no longer recognizes the body as being alive, and it leaves. Therefore, placing an additional system to secure and protect the soul was necessary to keep them alive. These systems seem to be fighting the pathogen, limiting its effects while also defending your soul. This is why your case of ABA-2182 doesn't affect you that much: it cannot access your soul, meaning it cannot power its effects, meaning that nothing more than the most basic of physiological changes can take place."
She smiled. "So, I can last forever with this?"
"...I'm afraid not. You see, the pathogen can draw energy from you, even if it's just a slight amount. This is why most your teeth sharpened to incisors, why your eyes changed, and so on. We don't know how much time the implants bought you, but we know it isn't forever."
She thought about that for a moment, then hung up.
She knew she couldn't stay in the country. Even if Alexander didn't send a death squad at her in the night, there was nothing for her here.
She couldn't stay on Earth, either. From what she knew of the spy services, no one on the planet short of a consul was safe from them.
And that left only one option.
Alexander bemusedly read Thera's constitutional amendment. "Really? Did she NOT see the critical flaws in this? Like, for instance, the fact that only lowest-level government officials can actually do anything. Or the fact that firing all the soldiers specifically trained to be ideologically pure and utterly ruthless was MAYBE a bad idea. Just a thought. Yeah, I'm burning this piece of shit."
A Communist Party official watched as he set fire to the massive document with a cigarette lighter. "Sir? Are you planning on repealing her amendment?"
He raised an eyebrow. "What? Are you saying that my first act shouldn't be to repeal her first, last, and only act in office?"
"No, merely that doing so would cause Parliament to lose their jobs. They'll block the repeal."
"Not if all the doors to the meeting hall -- which they are required to be present in to vote -- turn up mysteriously welded shut."
"You welded all the doors shut?"
"No, I had someone else to do it." He started writing a new bill, erasing the last one. "I did consider doing it myself, but seeing the look on Thera's face wasn't worth it.
That reminds me for some reason. Are the ministers still wanting me to talk with them?"

"Yes, sir. They are waiting in the meeting hall."
"And do you have the guards I requested?"
"Yes... though I still don't know what you want to do with them.
Alexander took a seat at the head of the table. Each of the other seats held one of the leaders of government, none of whom he recognized.
The Minister of the Economy smirked at the android. "Back so soon?"
Alexander nodded. "Yes. It seems that you just can't get rid of me.
Anyway, there was something you wanted to tell me?"

"Yes."
The Minister of Order threw a datacard at Alexander. The android caught it and scanned the data, reading the declaration contained inside it.
The Minister of Science stood up, placing her hands on her hips. "Ever since you left, we've been the powers behind the throne. And we don't intend on giving up our power just because you're back.
You see, we don't care who holds the office. We're going to keep running this country. And there's not a damn thing you can do about that."
Alexander put on his best poker face. "Since not all of you showed up to this meeting, am I free to assume that you speak for everyone in the room except for me and the people that came with me?"
The ministers all confirmed this.
"Good. Open fire."
The five guards that Alexander had brought with him shot the ministers one by one with their high-tech pulse lasers, killing the rebellious bureaucrats in under three seconds.
Alexander chuckled, scanning to confirm that the targets were, indeed, dead. "I really don't know what they were expecting."
A call came in from the head of the Imperial Guards, the soldiers charged with defending the palace. "Mr. President? I thought you might want to know this.
Thera's just... gone. We don't know where she went, but she isn't here. My soldiers searched the palace three times, which was no easy feat considering that it's essentially an entire city, and we found nothing."
"Noted." He disconnected the call. "And so, the game begins."
He walked out of the room, flanked by his guards. This was, perhaps, the end of an era. Or maybe it was the reintroduction of an old one.
Either way, great things were about to happen.

Pax Athena
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pax Athena » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:02 pm

In the years following the nuclear holocaust, historians would call this particular period of Athenian history the Triumvirean era, marked by the political power of the incumbent President Camara Faenix, navigating the dubious tides of Athenian politics with Machivellian ease. Though unknown to all but select insiders, Faenix's politics was assured and affirmed by the military prowess of a certain Admiral Absalom, known for his extremely rapid ascent through the ranks, advancing from being the First Officer of a heavy destroyer to being given command of the 66th Task Force in two years, through exceptional, valorous conduct unheard of before, as well as a fair bit of backroom politics. However, his origins and even his accomplishments are a mystery, the records obscured and withheld by the Office of the Presidency. Even more shrouded in mystery is the third member of the Triumvirate. Even if he appeared as simply a longsword wielding shadow, Aimato was vital in carrying out many of the missions Absalom had entrusted in total secrecy, a duty that had taken him all the way from the palace of Techoligia to the cold wasteland that is Siberia, first appearing in the summer of 2095. To this day, the true identity of this enigma is known only to a select few, most not knowing of his existence

Aimato shifted through the snow as a shadow, not being seen in more than a flicker of an eye. Being clad in black metal, the shadow was masked both by it's suit systems and it's innate power. Voices echoed in it's head, of old friends gone, of old times past. Nevertheless, Aimato had learned to ignore it, shielding the effects of them from jeopardising the mission. The mission always came first. The swift assassin darted through the snow like a bullet, almost completely silent. In the horizon, he saw his objective. A Happylandian research ship, near the Siberian shore at t=0, the time of the nuclear detonations. The shockwave had killed the crew and crippled the ship, but the rapidly decreasing temperature froze the ship in place, in it's now perpetual sinking pose, leaving it as a monument to the old world. The ship was blurred, the heavy snowstorm obscuring his vision. Memories surfaced, of two years ago. A series of collapsed tents, aside the gently falling snow and the light layer of fine fallout dust, of finding two Suongo sheltered. Aimato suppressed them. Those memories were not his. Valerian Taiyomizu was dead, perhaps truly, for no one would know or remember the shinobi warrior.
Aimato was there, the gigantic hull of the ship looming over him, it's stern inscribed with a single designation, one obscured by the frost that had developed:

EDHSS Starlight

Jumping to the top deck of the research vessel, Aimato's scanner beeped, the Swarm scanner blaring with it's alien sounds. Brandishing his sword, the black armoured shadow cleanly cut through the steel deck, entering a dimly lit corridor below, the emergency lights from the detonation still functioning, making the corridor glow red. Cutting through several doors and many dead crew quarters, Aimato found the package. Unsurprisingly, it was hidden in the storage hold, along with the other artefacts the Happylandians presumably studied.
But this one was special. Aimato picked the metal wrapped triangular prism, holding it to his eyes. Snow had covered it, but it surely still functioned. Making sure to only touch it with his mechanical hand, Aimato stored the object away in his container.
Unbeknownst to most, the Swarm had understood the nature of the soul as well, their research far advanced compared to human progress. This artefact, recovered from B'ob's throne was the pinnacle of their progress. It manipulated the essence of all beings in untold ways, and maybe, maybe it would solve Aimato's problem too. Souls were fickle things, and Aimato's was disintegrating, the collective effects of having so many soul fragments stored inside him. Aimato realised this when he and the doctor figured out that these voices weren't just voices. Hence the need to kill his old self. Valerian Taiyomizu was too susceptible, too vulnerable to the manipulations of these beings. While they were mere shadows of the dead, Valerian had lost everything. The shinobi had been close, so close to wanting to be with them, in the ground. That soul ached and decayed. But Aimato's did not. Detached from his old life, Aimato was a completely new persona, simply another person in the same body. It had slowed the decay which would've given control of Valerian to the masses of shadows residing as a collective in his body, but traces of Valerian still resided, the shadows of the souls still in his being. Hence his little detour to retrieve the Swarm artefact.
Aimato cursed: the voices knew what was happening. They pleaded with him now. Regardless, the voice meant nothing to the assassin, only to Valerian, who was dead- who had to be dead.

OOC: political upheaval soon. And maybe a cameo by our swarm friends.
Last edited by Pax Athena on Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 am

The order had been sent out. Just outside the city of St. Petersburg, 70 Mk. I Lei-u revved their engines and headed towards the city, followed by several artillery and infantry units. The dual cannons, one that fired ballistic material and another that fired plasma rounds, shined brightly off of the gleam of the sun as the HTs they were mounted on hummed forward. They flew just above the ground, as the Suongo Air Force flew overhead, bombing the city’s air base before they could know what was happening. Finally, the Lei-u reached the city, letting the artillery make short work of the walls before hovering in. They held their fire as they worked their way through the city, facing no resistance. As one tank turned a corner, it faced a squad of militia, but they dared not fire on the Lei-u, simply clearing the way for it to pass. The tanks avoided all destruction, after all, they were liberators, not looters. The seventy tanks surrounded the capitol building of the independent city-state, one of many to break off from the Fanian clusterfuck, and a lone man, face obscured by a simple mask over his nose and mouth and coat decorated in many medals and stripes, stepped out of one of the tanks. He walked up the steps of the building, knocking on the large wooden doors. When he received no response, he knocked again. Finally, he turned around, walking back down the stairs and returning to the tank. The turret dramatically and slowly turned towards the door and charged a plasma blast. The blast shot forth, burning the door away into ash or steam. The decorated Officer, a general by the looks of him, stepped back out of the tank and was followed by three guards holding rifles. They slowly and calmly entered the building.

The Free City of St. Petersburg was perhaps the closest a community exceeding a population of 1 million could ever be to being communist. The government was more absent than under the Dual Consulate, with administration devolved to the individual block, which would pool together whatever they produced and came to other blocks for what they lacked, with most other goods coming from Suongo imports. When the Suongo occupied the city, they offered to allow them to keep this primitive kind of system, despite all agreeing that it was a leech of resources for the entire country, so long as it was popular under the democratic system of the United Eurasian States. And with that, with only the destruction of a single air-base, the Suongo Legio VI could move on to the rest of Scandinavia. Unfortunately, it seems blood would be need to be shed as they approach some of the stronger states.

---

April, 2096
Simple demands were sent to the country of South Finland, which was far too occupied in a conflict with their northern neighbors to notice the armies lined up on their Suongo borders, the demands were that South Finland would enter the union as a state, being subject to federal laws while also being granted all of the same rights and privileges of a state, such as the federal government assuming its debts and ensuring the stability of the state’s administration. Being led by a former Fanian general whose only interests are that of gaining land and power, it was no surprise to Consuless Li when he refused. She left the general’s presence by declaring a state of war, and promised to return less than a month later under less peaceful circumstances.

The Suongo Blitz across South Finland was successful, as the HT Division was reinforced with 50 more Lei-u I to sustain a larger front across the icy wastes. The city of Kotka surrendered to the Suongo advance without a single shot fired, and soon, the Legion would reach Helsinki. But the capital of S Finland had an army of 500 thousand men protecting it, with three layers of trenches and pillboxes hastily set up along the front. The Lei-u Hover Tanks encountered a problem in this situation. Their armor was far too weak to penetrate their defenses, and the invasion was delayed after 29 HTs were lost in the initial encounter. The Suongo returned to Kotka, but they would be back.

---

July, 2096
The Mk. I Norzhornink, Anglewacancan for Rhinoceros, had hovered out onto the snowy fields of Finland that very morning they overran the first layer of trenches. What gave the Norzhornink an edge over the Lei-u was the thick Swarmite armor. Due to the scarcity of that resource, only ten were produced, but ten was all that were needed to charge on slowly but surely, maxing at around 20 mph but able to take just about anything the Finns could throw at it. The Norzhornik I had guns twice as large as the Lei-u I, which allowed it to destroy or disable a pillbox with a two shots from either cannon. But they had trouble advancing further into the second line of Finn defense, as supplies dwindled the further they pushed, but Li had a plan. She always has a plan.
-Audo av Sangua

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:46 pm

OOC: here's a short one to warm you up for the big one coming soon.

IC:

Tokaya sat on the ground playing chess on a laptop while Namai and Undai discussed business over a cup of coffee.
“So are we ever gonna do anything about the Reds?” He overheard Undai ask.
“Meh.” Namai shrugged as she combed through paperwork “They haven't done much since they basically destroyed the world. And since Jingu screwed off to who knows where, we don’t have much a chance of tracking them down anyway.”
“Still kinda messed up that we never really got a good end on that whole conflict though, isn’t it?”
“Well they’re still around, that’s for sure. If you visit the anarchy that is the Liaonaki wasteland you’ll probably run into a few raider gangs claiming to be connected to them. If it’s really such a big deal to you we can go clear a camp out and figure out what's going on with them.”
“I kinda want to focus on raising the kid, though. That takes a lot of time and energy.” Undai leaned back in his chair and looked at Tokaya, who was finishing up a game of chess against the AI and closing his laptop.
“Look, if you take over for a little while, I’ll go alone so you can focus on him.”
“I guess, just be careful. We still don't know too much about the wastes. Could be anything lurking around there.”
"Noted, but I think I can handle myself.” Namai piled all of her papers together and filed them away
She got up and began to walk out the door of the office.
"Don't die." Undai said as she passed by. Namai chuckled.
"No promises." She said, walking out.
-Audo av Sangua

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:06 am

The Dictator read a report on the Suo-Finnish War, a plan already forming. Apparently, North Finland was remaining neutral, not wishing to fight the Suongo, but also knowing that the invaders would take care of the South for them. They were also gearing up for full-scale war against the Suongo. The soldiers were not informed of the nature of these plans, but North Finnish commanders knew that they couldn't take on the Suongo, so they would simply kill as many of the foreigners as they could before they finally give out.
The New Fanian Commonwealth, consisting of what used to be Sweden, Denmark, and Norway, was also preparing for war, knowing that they were Finswedeway's next target. They knew they didn't stand a chance after they saw what was happening to South Finland, but the Finns had little but outdated equipment and raw determination. The NFC had a professional, modern, and passably competent military, and one that wasn't divided by civil war at that. They would still be outnumbered and outclassed, but they weren't about to shame their Viking ancestors by going down without one hell of a fight.
He had an idea. "Access data on POIs 25284-F and 25285-F, please."
Person of Interest 25284-F: Ernst Kim.
Nationality: Finswedeway
Loyalty: Finswedeway [unshakable]
Classification: Suongo Military Commander [approximated skill level 245, defensive], Suongo Politician [approximated skill level 53]
Notable Relations: Leena Kim [sister]
Load military history? [y/n]

"No. Access next data set."
Person of Interest 25285-F: Leena Kim
Nationality: Finswedeway
Loyalty: Finswedeway [unshakable]
Classification: Suongo Military Commander [approximated skill level 236, aggressive], Suongo Politician [approximated skill level 107]
Notable Relations: Ernst Kim [brother]

"Any specific notes on the two working together?"
Ernst and Leena Kim are a sibling team of Suongo military commanders with an impressive shared track record, with only one notable defeat. This was at the Battle of the Dragon's Maw, where half of a Suongo military force was lured into a trap and utterly wiped out by Chinese forces, which were in turn destroyed by Athenian troops. However, no battle before or since has been so much as a draw for them when working together.
The two of them usually work to cover each other's weaknesses, making a team that is all but unbeatable unless they are either opposed by overwhelming force or put in a situation neither could plan for.
As politicians, they were largely unremarkable in terms of skill. The only things notable about their reigns as Consul and Consuless are the insinuations by political opponents that they engaged in incest, which swiftly ascended to becoming a type 4 Internet meme while doing no real damage to their standing.

Alexander tapped a finger. "Access data on POI 26769-NF."
Person of Interest 26769-S: Kjerston Smithsson
Nationality: New Fanian Commonwealth
Loyalty: New Fanian Commonwealth [fanatical]
Classification: New Fanian Soldier [approximated skill level 165, sniper], New Fanian Military Commander [approximated skill level 263, tactical]
Notable relations: None

"No."
A plan finally completed, the Dictator decided that he would be predictable for once. He signed a lend-lease order, sending the Scandinavians a factory ship capable of producing completed suits of Titan-II power armor given nothing more than the raw materials. True, the suits were outdated, but they were cheap and easy to make, and they were still better than half the stuff the Fanians had.
He thought about that plan for a moment, and he realized that he could do better than simply giving the Fanians better equipment. He called up the Chinese head of state, relaying a simple piece of information: a few pages of text, with a piece of information to confirm some parts of it as fact. At least half of it was stroking China's ego, but hey, it had worked last time.
He didn't ask them to do anything, but he did inform them of a plan of attack by the Suongo government. He knew that Finswedeway was planning on attacking them, but he didn't know how, so he came up with a plan for how he would invade China if he were in control of Finswedeway, then passed it off as their plan. It was unlikely that his ideas were their actual plan, but there was always a chance.
They would be slaughtered all the same, but they would at least be a little more ready for the Suongo.
With another call, he spoke with the growing Nihon Freedom Party movement, a Japanese militant ultranationalist political party that wanted to kick out the Suongo and establish a new Imperial Japan, like their glory days of old. He informed them of the events to come, and they said that they would "take it under consideration". Well, that was the Japanese for you. Most people were quick to words and slow to action, but something about the Japanese archipelago seemed to turn that behavior on its head.
As the final point in his plot, he authorized the deployment of a small number of special forces to Japan. They were elite snipers, soldiers, medics, and spies, and they were to train the Japanese resistance and provide support. He made a note that soldiers of Asian descent would be preferred: their origins would be hidden, since the special forces were trained to be secretive and very good at their jobs, but the Japanese were highly racist and probably wouldn't accept help from anyone that didn't look like them.

Fanians with advanced technology. Chinese that were ready for them. Japanese in open revolt. The Fanians were determined fighters, capable of waging war even when all logic said that they shouldn't have any soldiers left. The Chinese were the only power on Earth capable of outnumbering even the Happyland, and those numbers could very well turn the tide against the Suongo in a defensive war. And Japan was one of the most defensible islands on the planet, as well as possessing a nearly pathological need for honor and glory.
Yes, he thought. This will do nicely.

Pax Athena
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pax Athena » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:55 am

"Major General." Alvin reported cooly through the neutrino comms. "The Finns appear to have you surrounded. They are finishing their barricade through the 66th Legion is at work harassing their positions. Regardless, seven Legions and two engineer battalions are stuck between two rivers, both heavily fortified and with no way to get out with heavy casualties."
"Very good, Captain." General Absalom replied, having been enlisted into the Army to supervise the Athenian pincer offensive into Scandinavia. While Alvin kept the Classis IV and VII blockading the entire region, providing him with air support and intel, he was busy trying to draw himself into as tactically unfavourable a position as he could. "Continue shelling the enemy position. Concentrate fire on their outer rings, and draw them as close to us as possible. We want them as close to the mountain range as possible."
"Copy that, General." Alvin closed the comms, leaving the beleaguered General to his thoughts, alone in his tent.
"Those poor bastards." He mused, his lips forming a subtle grin. "They've got us surrounded."
Absalom left his tent, being greeted by the now monotonous sights of the Aldorassa mountain, of which they had "retreated" to, after an alleged military disaster, in which the only thing the Athenians actually lost were plastic life size toy tanks and a few spare parts to make it look realistic. In white battle armour, Absalom strolled past the various fortifications of the 66th Legion, their distinctive silver-blue emblem emblazoned onto their left shoulder. While briefly saluting him, they were at work preparing for the impending battle as convincingly and conspicuously as they could while assisting the engineers with the explosives.
A presence materialised by his side, invisible to all but him. Those with astute perception would notice Absalom walking with a set of footprints in the snow, following him. The shadow whispered to him. "The Finns are advancing, taking the expected route. I've manipulated the intel: they believe the Sixty-Sixth is depleted and at breaking point. Their leader is General Alek Hansson. Blusterous, very aggressive. Fairly smart but can be quick to anger. His men fear and respect him, to a certain extent.
"Fascinating. A number things we can exploit. A shame Smithsson is not present. It's been too long since I've faced anything close to a match. Tell me, what of the morale of his soldiers."
"They, unsurprisingly, do not adore him. But, they will indeed fight to the death. Nationalism is a strong cocktail."
"You've done good work, Aimato. When you go back to their command and continue your disguise, I want you to infuriate the man. Exploit his aggressive tendencies and convince him to go through the mountain pass."
"Of course, sir." The shadow whispered back. "But, are you sure this plan will work sir? It depends on many variables, all of which have a non trivial chance of going wrong, especially the climate. It's almost as bad here as Siberia."
"Aimato. I'm certain." The General replied, showing his extreme confidence. But Absalom was always sure. If he wasn't, he would've refused the assignment in the first place.

Alek Hansson led his troops through the large mountain pass, holding his trusty AK-47. The Athenians may have their fancy laser rifles, but their crystals tended to break down in the harsh Finnish wilderness. It was winter, and the snow was frozen in place. No chance of an avalanche. His men marched in formation, the machine gunners at guard as heavy resistance was expected at the other end. This by itself was a precarious position: being flanked by two cliffs of stone and snow was a tactical position one should not stay, however pretty the black stone and white snow may be. But this was the only way to strike fast at the Athenians while they were vulnerable. The most direct way. His aide had shown him evidence that the Athenians were now disheveled and disorganised. The quicker the Athenians are eliminated, the easier it would be to contain the Suongo, who were spreading like a parasite.

Absalom looked down at the advancing Finnish army from his vantage point, seeing them advancing through the Aldorassa mountain through a truly impressive forced march, which had covered over a hundred kilometers in less than a week while transporting all mechanised equipment. A testament to the ruggedness of the Finnish soldiers, who had repelled even the Soviets and had cost the Athenians a non-trivial number of men, as they had to the Suongo. However, this time, he wouldn't have to do most of the work. His mind wandered back to his Terrain Strategies course back at the Academy. Of course, no one had thought to remember whatever the monotonous lecturer spouted, but what Absalom remembered most clearly was the account of Septimius Junius, who back in the 1800s, had lured and forced the opposing French army into a dried riverbed, using concentrated artillery. He then proceeded to destroy the dam to said riverbed, flooding the French army and drowning their soldiers with the use of minimal force, and most importantly, minimal casualties. Sometimes, nature was far more effective than any amount of manpower.
This was one of those cases. An engineer corps Sergeant reported to him. "Sir, both ends of the pass has been barricaded. The Finns have no way out. We've made sure to keep the traps hidden, as you ordered."
"Very good, Sergeant." Absalom replied, pleased. "Are the explosives in place?"
"Affirmative."
"Very well. Execute the plan. Have the Sixty-Sixth advance when the bombs go off."
"I understand sir."

There was intense fighting at the end of the pass, with Finnish soldiers trying to break through Athenian emplacements, which was well fortified with heavy machineguns and concentrated laser fire. Synth snipers, perfectly accurate, blew off the heads off the occassional Finnish officer, which is not to say the Athenians were also suffering casualties at the hands of the marksmen of South Finland. The battle, which had just begun, was abruptly interrupted by a rumbling sound above. Some of the Finnish, who had spent their entire lives in this very terrain, knew instinctively what the sound was.

"lumivyöry!"

The avalache sped down the mountain, while the Finnish were pinned in place by the machine gun emplacement. Seeing that they had two options, die buried alive by the snow, or die trying to escape the avalanche, the Finnish chose the latter. Literally fighting for their lives, the Finnish charged at the Athenian bottleneck, the sheer speed allowing the Finnish to bypass the fortifications, through the deadly mountain pass, though those who were unlucky enough to be caught running in range were quickly mowed down by the machineguns.

The Finnish soldiers who were lucky enough to escape the mountain pass found themselves surrounded and encircled by several platoons of the 66th Legion, with every single gun pointed at the now disorganised Finnish, who had just been threatened with being buried alive.

Those who did not manage to escape tried to climb to the cliff faces, to no avail. As the Athenian forces disengaged and went off to complete the encirclement of the Finnish, those who remained were buried alive.

Absalom smiled as the trap went into place, being executed perfectly and flawlessly, the culmination of several weeks of micromanagement and intricate planning. It was almost ironic, how the Finnish army was defeated by their own terrain. Best of all, minimal casualties were sustained. Less than sixty wounded, and seven killed. He had been criticised before for his cautiousness with the lives of his men, and perhaps that was a weakness. But he knew of no enemy who would closely analyse his actions and tactics like he did theirs, obsessing over Finnish military doctrine for weeks on end. Indeed, to know the enemy is to defeat them.

Now with a breakthrough point, it was about time to break through and reinforce the Suongo and attack the Finnish front from behind. What fun. He thought, rather ironically.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:40 pm

The president of Southern Finland, Aukusti Vanhänen, knew that the writing was on the wall. He had based his country's defenses on the Mannerheim Line of World War II, but the Mannerheim Line was designed to stop the Russian Red Army, which was a group of incompetents if there ever was one. It held up, as it turns out, rather poorly against people who actually knew what they were doing.
Officially, the country would keep fighting, but unofficially, their best troops would be evacuated to New Fania, to help train the Fanian soldiers.
General Smithsson of the New Fanian 40th surveyed the battle reports from South Finland. When the avalanche had occurred there, most of their combat troops had died, either from being buried in the ice or by being mowed down by machine guns. Their position encircled, their main force dead or captured, the sniper unit attempted to break out. Only a few made it.
That was where this meeting took place. One of the few survivors stood opposite him, one Niklas Häyhä, who bore relation to the great Simo Häyhä. They were recounting the battle in military terms, but Smithsson's Finnish failed him and most of the soldier's terms went over his head.
"So, that is your field report?" the general asked in Swedish.
Häyhä grimaced before replying in the same language. "Yes."
The general studied the map before him intently while questioning Häyhä. "You attempted to break out of the Athenian lines."
"Correct."
"And you were stopped by only one man?" the general asked.
"Correct."
"And you shot him thirty-six times?"
"Thirty-seven." corrected the sniper.
General Smithsson set down the map. "Well, Commander Häyhä, I know what we're going to do next now."
"...And what would that be, General?"
The general smiled. "Absolutely nothing."
Häyhä was shocked and confused. "Why, sir?"
"Because your country, South Finland, is doomed. By marching to save them, we lose the opportunity to save ourselves and push the Suongo out. They know that. That's the entire reason you and the other thousand like you are here: You're going to help us wage war on Finswedeway, while your countrymen buy us time."
Häyhä hung his head. He knew a great many soldiers in the force, and he wondered how many faces he would never see again.
"It isn't that bad, soldier. Perhaps my choice of words was wrong: We fully intend to liberate South Finland, just not right now. We will wait for their forces to break against our fortresses, and when they are tired, we will strike. A Finnish resistance movement is preparing to fight the Suongo as well, gaining traction and arms, and waiting for the time that they are vulnerable.
And this war is winnable."
Häyhä, reassured by the general, let out the breath he hadn't realized he had been holding. "How so?"
"Well, your people aren't the only ones giving us assistance." Smithsson pointed out the window where a small factory had been set up. The two of them watched as a man-shaped piece of metal was carted off the assembly line.
"That is a gift from America. They call it a 'type 67 fabrication engine', but I know it in different terms. Namely, the fact that it is capable of producing four hundred suits of steel robot armor a week, and we have thirty just like it. We don't think that South Finland can hold out longer than three weeks, but those three weeks equal twelve thousand suits of shining plate armor capable of lifting 60 kilos, keeping the wearer warm during a blizzard, and resisting anti-tank fire.
Why the Americans have given this gift to us, I do not know, but my best guess is that they hate Finswedeway enough that they're willing to ignore our... somewhat tense history."

Six Hours Later, Nihon, Nigata Prefecture

Captain Ume Tachibana organized her forces, preparing the revolution.
"Our forces will converge here," she instructed, "and we will take the military armory. American special forces have bribed the outer guards to leave watch overnight two days from now, and they have also prepared falsified security footage to corroborate their story to support them. We will strike at a quarter past ten, when the inside guards are changing shifts, and kill or capture as many as we can.
Teams two through ten, seize your assigned targets: the two universities, the governor's mansion, the two research labs, the old fortress they turned into a military museum, the three police stations, and the Internet nexus. You have been assigned the appropriate numbers and gear for these targets, and if you receive more resistance than expected, fall back. We will deploy the advanced weapons and armor in their armories to reinforce you and seize the target.
By morning, the flag of the Rising Sun shall fly over Nihon once more!"
The soldiers cheered. The revolution was near.
"As you have probably guessed," she continued, "similar groups across Nihon will be striking their own blows for our nation. One per prefecture, with some receiving two. Given the number of soldiers they have withdrawn to make up for their losses on the European front, and given that we know this island better than they ever will, this is sufficient to take our country back. Then, when the people rally to support us, we will have all the soldiers we need to kill them on the beaches when they come to take us back. If necessary, we have received word that the Americans will send soldiers to help us and the Chinese will launch an invasion to take Korea, which we believe they will be using as a staging ground.
Any questions?"
The room was silent.
"Good. Now report to your quarters and get some sleep. A tired warrior dulls his blade just as much as if they went into battle with one hand tied behind their back."
The soldiers went to their quarters. Most of them were joking, and the Captain thought she heard one of them say "yes, mom", but that was what soldiers did. She wouldn't fault them for joking. She had trained these people herself, and she knew better than anyone that they were pretty damn good at their jobs.
The plan was complete. Now... the execution.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:31 pm

New post soon so chill out please? I had to update this one three times already and it's still not quite done yet.
-Audo av Sangua

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:02 pm

“Enemy troop movements spotted. Over.” the Finnish scout reported into the radio as he watched the squad of Lei-u pass by from a clearing in the snowy bush.
“What can you tell about the troop, scout? Over.” The voice of his commander replied through the radio.
“I see two dozen Lei-u I tanks, supported by a large number of Motorized. They’re headed west. Over.” The scout hushed his voice as the troop swiftly passed his position.
“Copy that, sending a contingent to your location. Over.”
“That’s ill-advised, sir,” the scout said while stealing another peek at the troop, who had long since traveled almost over the horizon. “They’re moving fast, you won't make it in time. Over.”
“Copy. Return to base for-” the radio cut off, leaving behind a dreadful silence. The scout remained confident that it was just a cutoff of the radio signal. But that couldn't be right. Thanks to Happylander innovations, radios could reach from Helsinki to Sydney without so much as a second thought. Something was surely wrong, either it was a simple malfunction in communications, or it was something much, much worse.
“Home base, do you copy?” He pinged in after more moments of nothing. Static came from the radio. Or background noise. Certainly the latter, as the static took shape to be the sounds of combat. Energy MGs firing in the distance. People running back and forth frantically and commanders barking orders in a hurry. Suddenly, it sounded as if someone had grabbed the microphone and fiddled with it, panting heavily as he brought it to his mouth.
“All units, return to the third trenches immediately!” He said desperately. The sound of hover-tanks humming nearby overpowered all other sounds. The statement “third trenches” indicated all were to retreat to the final line of defense for Helsinki. Somehow those damned Suongo managed to overrun the second line. Could it have had something to do with those Lei-u he reported passing by? It dawned upon the scout just then. They had encircled the trenches and caught them from behind. There was no other explanation. The sound similar to balloons popping now erupted from his radio. The distinct calling card of Suongo ballistic rifles; few other militaries had yet to convert to energy and plasma weapons for their infantry, but this intentional setback brought upon themselves also instilled a sense of horror in their enemies. The Suongo were willing to handicap themselves just to make their soldiers stand out, and now he felt that fear firsthand. It was effective. He packed up his radio and rushed to the third trenches, hoping to God he would make it.

The Finns retreated to their final line of defense from the east, the only thing between the Suongo and the capital. It would seem most wise for the tanks to continue their charge through the snowy mountains, but they were ordered to halt. The Suongo army took extra care to take no prisoners and allow none to escape. In a change of policy contrasting their previous doctrine of peaceful conquest, extra resources were spent publicly executing every single Finn soldier they got their hands on. Supposedly, they were threatening to do the same to any cities they have occupied, but neither confirmation nor denial could be found from military personnel.

---

It had just turned to noon when Namai finally scaled the mountains of northeastern Basdra Aban. An ocean of dead branches covered in snow, erupting from grey trunks all arranged in messy clumps. Everything, from the frozen forests to the icy fields in between, had a light mist resting gently on it. Namai turned off her calm jazz music that had accompanied her on her climb up to listen to the howling of the mountainous wind. A relentless whistle of blowing air filled out her mind, pushing all of her worries away. She closed her eyes, enjoying the chilled air and billowing wind that nearly knocks her off of her feet. She opened her eyes and sighed, her breath condensing in the air in front of her and swiftly being blown away. The MEC Officer squinted, looking for any signs of a Red camp. Gazing over the icy landscape, she saw not a single sign of life in the former marshy capital state. Peering just near the horizon, she saw the ruins of Liaonaki, seemingly untouched in the two years that followed the end of the world. They were allowed to rest in peace more out of respect to and in honor of those who had lost their lives to the Communists, but it seems that the same respect would stir up more trouble. A column of smoke billowed from within the city. Regardless of whether it was the Reds or a group of isolated survivors who for some reason chose to take residence in the destroyed wasteland, it would certainly be of her interest to check it out. She made her way down the peak of the mountain and prepared herself for the still long journey ahead of her.

---

The Consuless finished reading her letter from the Governor of the state of Nihon. He implored her to come and use that rhetoric of “Asian Unity” instead of just shout it during speech and debates, saying that the Japanese Nationals are revolting.
“Yes,” Li chuckled to herself, “and they’re also rebelling.”
A moment passed of absolute silence. Looking out the window of the Capitol building of Zhende, she saw the skyline of Chotyo. A coastal city, it was heavily affected by the Great Hurricane that completely destroyed it… well over eighteen years ago, now. She was hardly a toddler when that occurred. Since then, the city went from a pile of rubble to a bustling neon metropolis even greater than before, with bright fluorescent signs posted throughout the streets and a cold but light rain pouring over all of it. That was the strength of Suosverge; it could survive anything short of nuclear apocalypse. She sighed, standing up and walking out of the door to her office, which was kept very tidy and neat in great contrast to most of the Consuls before her.

---

Ping Li stepped up to the podium holding a dilapidated wooden box, much longer than it was wide, in her gentle hands. Before her was the city of Tokyo, a similar sight to Chotyo. Everyone knew that what brought Li’s supporters together was hatred, it was no secret, but she had yet to ever address the nation since she was elected Consuless. Her rhetoric had since not played too much of a part in her domestic policy, with the exception of the policies which clamped down on freedoms to prevent the country to falling to complete anarchy as Basdra Aban had and policies that constricted the rights of businesses to do as they pleased. But finally, this would change.
What separates this speech from most others was the military display. She was accompanied by a large tank which dwarfed her, the double-barreled guns being wide enough to fit an entire person in. It was the heavy tank, the same design which was currently dusting up the Finns, the Norzhornink I. A huge construction, neon blue tubes lining the left barrel, indicating in a very futuristic and not the least bit subtle way how charged the plasma gun was. The blue slowly filled with red as the gun hummed with power. It released it, launching a firework into the air as the crowd applauded to the spectacle. They watched in marvelous awe as an array of blue and red filled the sky.
“Citizens of Asia!” Li began with great energy over the commotion, “we all know why we’re here today! Let’s let the world know! Why are we here?” The crowd roared in a single voice the response.

Asian Unity!

She was actually quite popular. The streets were filled to the brim, all across the city, people watched in earnest their glorious leader. After all, she did win with 80% of the vote, and the governorship is dominated by the Phoenix Front, the only exceptions being the state of Russia, who stick by the Patriots’ Party and the state of Basdra Aban, which was nuked to oblivion and back two years ago. So even assuming the entire 20% of people who voted for Ernst Kim in the last elections lived in Nihon, which should be impossible because Russia is the primary location of Ernst's popularity nowadays, AND assuming that every single Japanese was part of the Nihon Freedom Party, which is equally unlikely, normal procedure would be to call a referendum for secession, as was established by the Canadians with Quebec before they were both absorbed into the young Happyland. However, with the current governorship of Nihon being in the hands of the Phoenix Front, and with an undying confidence in the legitimacy of election results due to record low corruption rates, no such referendum seems necessary. And with her speech, which was more of a rally with an infinite budget, coming to a close, it was clear what defined people living north of the Yellow River; not outdated conceptions of Nationality, but the fact that they all shared one thing: their race.

Li held up the wooden box she had during her entire speech and opened it.
“And what is the underlying cause of all of these problems? Who can we place the blame for the struggles that we have faced, not just for the past two years, but for all of history? It is the Europeans, the Christians, the Westerners who have infiltrated our lands and planted seeds of distrust and hatred within our proud people!” She reached into the small box and pulled out a similarly small nail of some sort. “Look now upon the symbol of Western oppression! The 'holy’ artifact which pierced the flesh of our 'savior’! Norzhornink?” She patted the metal surface of the large tank next to her, “Show the world the weakness of their faith.”
In an extremely precise and heavily rehearsed move, the cannon of the heavy hover-tank charged up while Li threw the nail into the air in front of it. The cannon blasted, melting the holy artifact to nothing.
A moment of silence before the crowd cheered excitedly

---

OOC: things to remember:
1) I’m not at war with New Fania or North Finland
1a) even if we were, we'd have no interest in annexing them at the moment
2) The Suongo military has a strong presence in all states except Siberia
3) Japan has been a part of the Daoist Union for long enough to be almost entirely culturally integrated into the nation to the point that the only thing that seperates them is Manchurians being ever-so-slightly paler than Japanese, and that the languages the respective ethnic groups speak are only marginally different. Canonically, the countries unified under a royal marriage during the 1950s. If Danzig could become Gdansk in ten years, The Japanese Empire can become the State of Nihon in 140.

My original post included a rally by Ping Li to handle the Japanese seperatists by united them both against communists and imperialists and under the idea of a unified Asia. I simply didn't have time to write all of Li's speech, but let it be known that the Nihon Freedom Party is much less of a threat than it may seem.
-Audo av Sangua

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Finswedeway wrote:OOC: things to remember:
1) I’m not at war with New Fania or North Finland
1a) even if we were, we'd have no interest in annexing them at the moment
2) The Suongo military has a strong presence in all states except Siberia
3) Japan has been a part of the Daoist Union for long enough to be almost entirely culturally integrated into the nation to the point that the only thing that seperates them is Manchurians being ever-so-slightly paler than Japanese, and that the languages the respective ethnic groups speak are only marginally different. Canonically, the countries unified under a royal marriage during the 1950s. If Danzig could become Gdansk in ten years, The Japanese Empire can become the State of Nihon in 140.

My original post included a rally by Ping Li to handle the Japanese seperatists by united them both against communists and imperialists and under the idea of a unified Asia. I simply didn't have time to write all of Li's speech, but let it be known that the Nihon Freedom Party is much less of a threat than it may seem.

1/1a) They think you will be soon, and they're fairly certain that they are the end goal of your conquests.
2) This can go a couple of different ways. One, they meant it was only weak compared to normal levels. Two, they were lying to boost morale. Three, you anticipated something like this and had your troops lay in wait to lure the revolutionaries into a trap.
3) Wasn't clear on the timeline, but still, RL Japan is easily one of the most nationalistic countries on Earth, and this was after being on the receiving end of serious cultural damage after the end of World War II. The primary reason they are leading the real world in robotics research is that they would rather deal with robots than with immigrants.
Maybe (ignoring the fact that they couldn't actually fight you off even in their fantasy world) the ultranationalists don't have as much support as they thought: people sign up for the party to be a part of its ideals, but when it comes to action, the revolutionaries aren't getting much more support than they have already, and this whole "glorious revolution" of theirs is probably going to end roughly the same way that the Easter Rebellion did: they seize key buildings and have this great message about independence, but almost no one turns up to fight for them and they get crushed as soon as they have to fight a proper army.
Either way, it's not like we would care. This whole thing, from our perspective, would basically amount to dumping ball bearings in front of your door. This is all to slow you down and send a serious message. If we actually cared about stopping or destroying you, this is almost certainly not how we would go about doing it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents