NATION

PASSWORD

A Changing of the Guard (IC, Septentrion)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Nova Sylva
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
New York Times Democracy

A Changing of the Guard (IC, Septentrion)

Postby Nova Sylva » Fri May 26, 2017 3:40 pm

The Acropolis
Chandler, Sylva

Participants in this thread are limited to the Septentrion region.

All posts should be of quality content and length. No one-liners, please. Furthermore, any private discussions between two nations' representatives should be done in Google Docs (they have a dual-edit system) and then posted here. Please have the entire conversation take up one post, so the thread doesn't get clogged.

Any active participation in the Sylvan domestic troubles needs to be approved by me, Nova Sylva beforehand. I have a clear idea of how I want Sylva to turn out at the end of this, and while I'm not opposed to foreign intervention, I'm very much opposed to you spoiling my ending.

He dreamt an old dream, one of dark blue water under a midnight sky, with only the pale light of the full moon to illuminate his surroundings. He could feel the cold water against his pale flesh, lapping against him ever so casually. He floated in the water upon his back, staring up at the moon above. His mind was free of its troubles, at least for the time being, comforted by the silence, and finding solace in the watery abyss that stretched out in all directions as far as his eyes could see.

The sudden blue of the water enveloped him as his horrified fingers slipped under the surface. An iron grip held his shoulders tight, softly holding him in his space. Like blankets, the water wrapped tightly, coldly shocking his body into warmth- a gentle glow upon the skin. Tearing open his eyes, he saw a long far away world of blue, stretching away from him, taunting him. Oblivious to his struggle, to his panic, he saw legs and arms and excitement over some concept lost to him.

The water had neither the time nor patience for his panic, and insisted wholly upon the hands on his shoulders and liquid glass now pervading his lungs. The water seemed to hold him under its own thumb in an attempt to extinguish his blatant nonconformity. The clicking of his heart was strained now, and veiled in bubbles of oxygen, his vision was obscured. He noted the valiant white bubbles straggle away, across the blue world, and more importantly, away from him.

The words he heard where only a muted bass now held down oppressively by a harsh droning sound. Such an uncontrollable sound, such a rampant all consuming bodily humming that drove him insane. The hands stayed firm but ceased to exist, Slipping away from him not unlike the precious oxygen which had so recently evaporated. His lungs, heavy with hydrogen, reacted slowly, and like drinking a long smooth flame, the chlorine burned his insides, like knives eviscerating his corporeal form. He realized his skin had dissipated, bursting open like a translucent sac, and flowing like the water, he was no more. Only a single fading window of consciousness, desperately clicking and wanting, and with one drowsy struggle, gave up. He looked skyward, making amends with his Gods, preparing for death, preparing for serenity. He released my muscles and relaxed. There was one final click,loud, foreign, and invading.

And it was then he realized it was a gunshot.

King Juan Sebastian de Campana II suddenly awoke in a burst of energy, shooting up from his bed and staring around the dimly lit room. He was no longer in the water, but in his chambers, with a sheet atop him. The stench was the first thing he noticed…it reeked of death. He wore only a thin white silk bedgown, but in spite of that he felt hot and feverish. Breathing hard from his nightmare, he wiped the sweat from his brow with a heavy hand, and flicked it out towards one of the gilded walls.

“Bad dreams again?” a girl with long braided dark brown hair and eyes in a pink gown asked. “I know when you have them, because you wake up feverish.” With a swift motion, she dunked a large sponge in a bucket of water sitting on the floor, and proceeded to dab his forehead with it. The water was cool, and most refreshing on his pallid skin.

“…Yes,” Juan Sebastian muttered as he breathed hard under the wet sponge, feeling the cool water run down the side of his face onto the bed sheet. “Why are you here, Isabella? You should be off, enjoying your youth. Before long you’ll be old, and tired.” Juan Sebastian sniffed the air and cringed. “You shouldn’t have to suffer the air in here anyway…it stinks. I stink.”

“I don’t mind the smell, father,” Isabella told him with a faint smile. “Where else can I go and what else can I do? Ever since Aunt Katalina came to stay with us, things have been tense. People at court are worried…the Western Coalition, the Turov Pact...no one seems to want to be friendly to Sylva these days.”

Juan Sebastian chuckled, before it ended in a cough. “We are not so easily influenced by foreign powers, dear daughter,” he consoled her as she continued to wipe his forehead with the cool wet sponge. “Sylva is made of sterner stuff. We will persevere, as we always have.”

“…That’s easy for you to say, father,” she responded worriedly. “But you’ve been cooped up here in your chambers for some time. People are in the streets…it is spilling over, slowly but surely it seeps in like water.”

Like water. Juan Sebastian found the thought ironic, and began to wonder if his dream was prophetic in some fashion. “The people are always uneasy over something,” he began to explain to his daughter. “Stefan Navarro has been First Minister since 2000. His Conservative Party has won four straight general elections, and with each one he’s become more and more…abrasive in his politics. The people want change, and are tired of his Prime Ministry. His policies have driven people…farther to the left.”

“Are you afraid that those people will turn against us, father?” Isabella asked, fear in her voice. “That they will want a republic, like the rest of Casaterra has been gravitating towards?”

Juan Sebastian shook his head after Isabella pulled away the sponge from his face. “The people want good weather, food for their children and labors to keep themselves busy. If the king can make sure people get those things, then they will have no reason to cast him aside. This is what I have done as king, and will continue to do until I die. It will be up to your brother to continue to so after that.”

“…But Eduardo isn’t interested in such things,” Isabella pleaded as she dropped the sponge back in the bucket. “He wants Sylva to go back to the old ways, and be more aggressive in Casaterra. He wants to make Sylva powerful and rival the likes of the Organized States and Letnev, and bring back the Empire…”

“…And Eduardo will learn that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few,” Juan Sebastian spoke as Isabella trailed off. “The people won’t accept wars with every nation in the world. They won’t tolerate it if we send people to die for wars that they see as lost causes.”

“We will survive, as we always have,” he told her as he propped himself up using his elbows. “We will adapt and grow as a family, as a people and as a nation. The alternative is doom, and we are not so easily forsaken, daughter. If we were, we would have succumbed long ago, if not to ourselves then to another. Yet here we are, still here, and none the worse for it.” Juan Sebastian winced in pain, and added “help me get out of bed…I mean to see this state of affairs that you speak of. Knowing your brother, he’s already acting as though he were king. I should remind him that I’m not dead yet,” he flashed a grin.

Isabella looked at her father incredulously. “Are you sure, father? Didn’t you say that you didn’t want the court and nobility to see you in such a weak state?”

“…That would be better then them all thinking and behaving as though I’m already dead,” he laughed as he gestured with his hand. “My wheelchair…bring it forth, Isabella.”

Doing as her father bid, Isabella fetched the wheelchair from the other side of the room. Juan Sebastian watched the small flames burning from the tall wax candles, the only source of light in the room besides the fire burning in the fireplace. There were no windows, and where there might have been there was artwork hanging, dark and dreary. Everything of late reminded the ailing king of death, even those things that had once brought him joy.

Juan Sebastian had taken to drinking during his illness, with the drained flagons sitting empty on the table beside idle dishes of fruits and vegetables. He was once a large man, portly and rotund, though now he had been growing thin and gaunt. He loathed looking at himself, finding the sight of his pallid, loosely hanging skin to be most appalling. Last time he looked in the mirror, he could see that his once lush dark brown hair had turned a dull grey, and his beady brown eyes sunken into his face.

His daughter fetched the wheelchair and returned with it promptly, letting it come to a standstill beside her father’s bed. “I will help you,” she told him as she helped pull him up and swing his legs around. Then she helped him rise from the bed and into the chair, wincing a bit as he did so, for the smell that arose with him must have been most foul, Juan Sebastian suspected. He wore only that long bedgown and nothing else, and it fell just past his aching knees. It was dirty too, though it was only put on him the night before.

“Where would you like to go?” she asked him then.

“…Anywhere but here,” he said firmly. “If you would be so kind as to push me.”

Isabella nodded, and then they were off. She pushed her father along through the dimly lit, stench filled chambers, through one quiet room after another. They arrived at the large double doors that led out into the palace interior, and Juan Sebastian reached out feebly with his weak arms to push them open. Statues of knights with raised halberds stood on the other side, and guards posted around them. They turned and looked at the King as though they had seen a ghost.

It wasn’t the statues or the guards that Juan Sebastian concerned himself with, however. The light shining through the tall windows made him squint in pain, for his eyes had grown accustomed to the darkness. Have I been in the dark so long, that I am now afraid of the light? Still onward they went, in spite of the light. Slowly but surely the King’s eyes adjusted to it, and of his surroundings.

Statues, busts and paintings lined the way, the hallways colored of blue and white marble. It was a palace that Juan Sebastian always felt was better than his house deserved…when it was built in the late 18th century, it was so done in order to convey the power and prestige of not only the royal family, but of Sylva. Now it served only as a grim reminder of how Sylva was a country out of place and time, growing more isolated with each passing year.

Through more double doors and past more shocked guards, Isabella pushed her father along, until Juan Sebastian began to hear voices. Courtiers… he thought. And many of them at that. “The reception hall, Isabella,” Juan Sebastian commanded to his daughter.

“…But father…” she stammered, prompting the king to furrow his brow.

Juan Sebastian rasped his hand on the handrail of his wheelchair. “Take me to the reception hall. I command it.”

Gulping, Isabella did just that. When they had arrived at the grand reception hall, Juan Sebastian narrowed his eyes and ran a hand through his long grey hair. Courtiers were present, dancing to the sounds of orchestral music, with wine in their cups and grapes in their hands. The overall atmosphere was one of merriment, and all of it was centered around a young man with dark brown hair and hazel eyes dressed in an extravagant court uniform.

Slowly, Isabella pushed Juan Sebastian into the room, though at first no one seemed to notice. Once someone did though, they all seemed to. The music continued to play, though everyone stopped and stared at the dying king as Isabella pushed him in the direction of the young man at the center of the room. The courtiers surrounding him began to whisper to each other. They flock to my son and heir like vultures hover over a dying animal, he thought. I am not even dead and yet they treat him as though he is king.

“…Father,” Crown Prince Eduardo said as he bowed slightly. Not far behind him were Queen Urraka and Princess Katalina, Juan Sebastian’s older sister. The former was a northerling with a handsome face in spite of her barbaric proclivities, her hair still long and raven black with blue eyes. Katalina had short, graying brown hair and hazel eyes with a look of contempt on her face.

Isabella brought the wheelchair to a halt, and Juan Sebastian sat there with his limp wrists resting on the handrails. “What’s the occasion?” he asked his son.

“…There is no occasion, father,” Eduardo answered as he handed his father a glass of wine. “We are only happy, can’t you see? What is there not to be happy about?”

Juan Sebastian looked around again. He noticed his contemptuous sister and his scheming wife. He observed the whispering nobles and the lurking military brass. Juan Sebastian saw them all, and then he looked at his son again. “If there is no occasion, then why is there a party?”

Juan Sebastian’s wife the queen answered for their son. “A reception, my husband, for the realm to become better acclimated with their future king. Is it not wise, prudent even, to groom our son for the throne that will be his…” her voice trailed off.

“Soon?” Juan Sebastian finished the sentence. “I’m not even dead, Urraka. Not yet. I wasn’t even aware of any…celebration taking place, under my roof, between my walls and within my halls. Who’s idea was that?”

“It was mine, father,” Eduardo said, standing tall and proud, defiant before his father, but still offering the wine.

“Stop the music,” Juan Sebastian commanded, and the orchestra obeyed. “You are not king yet, not until I die. Do I look dead to you?" he asked him as he snatched the glass of wine from Eduardo’s hand. “What treachery are you all hatching, hmm?”

Eduardo matched his father’s fury. “You do nothing but waste away and drink, while the realm grows uneasy and our enemies usurp our allies, one by one. Now we are surrounded and their knives are at our throats. A burden is being thrust upon me by our enemies, for you will not live long enough to see the war that is to come. Our enemies would drag us out into the streets and beat us to death, and take everything that we hold dear. And I hate them for it.”

Juan Sebastian laughed, and looked at the glass of wine in his hand. “Hatred is a poison, and keeping it is like drinking it and expecting the person you hate to die.” After he spoke, he threw it against the wall, causing the courtiers to gasp collectively. “You may drink of poison and sup on hate all you like, but while I am still king, you will respect me. The realm is growing unstable by the day, and animosity grows against the throne. Throwing frivolous parties does nothing to abate that.”

“Understood.” Eduardo narrowed his eyes with a scornful look on his face, and inclined his head while stepping aside. “Shall we cancel the party then?”

“No,” Juan Sebastian chuckled curtly. “By all means, enjoy yourselves.” Juan Sebastian threw up his hands, and told Isabella “take me outside…I need some fresh air.”

Isabella obeyed, and as she pushed him past Eduardo Urraka went to her son, while Katalina went to Juan Sebastian in order to walk beside him as he was pushed along. “It’s easy to speak of respect when you’ve done little to earn it,” Katalina snapped at him. “It’s easy for you to speak the way you do when your family is safe and secure. While every day, the bastards in Turov devise new ways to bring the rest of the continent under their rule.”

The nerve of this fucking bitch. “What would you have me do, Kat?” Juan Sebastian said softly as the three of them exited the ballroom into the courtyard. “Would you have had me fucking invade Letnev?”

“…Father would have,” Katalina countered. “He would have not stopped until the bastards were hanging from a rope.”

“And Sylva would have been destroyed, and been no different from the rest of Casaterra,” Juan Sebastian roared. “You’re delusional if you think we could win against Letnev by way of force. We would have been crushed. What I’ve done I’ve done to keep this country and its people safe. I’ve worked towards peace, I’ve engaged in diplomacy. I’ve made sacrifices for the good of the realm. For the good of the people.”

Katalina threw her head back and laughed dryly, before looking back at her brother and shaking her head. “You’re a fool, Juan Sebastian. Did you know that father never wanted you to be king? He always thought you were weak. The throne might have been yours by right, but you never deserved it. A shame really, that you won’t live to see the damage you’ve done to this country come to a head. I’d give much so that you could see the end of us.” With one last shot of daggers from her eyes, Katalina walked away, leaving Juan Sebastian to stew at his sister's words.

In a way, she was right. Juan Sebastian never wanted to be king, but alas he was all the same. It had dominated his life in such a way that left him feeling overwhelmed, the burden of delivering the corpse of his dead little sister to their mother and of having to console the woman afterwards, before having to bury her too. Watching his family perish and their fortunes unravel all around him. It made tears well in Juan Sebastian’s eyes.

“Take me to my baby sister,” he said to Isabella. “Take me to Seina.” Silently obeying, Isabella pushed the wheelchair through the courtyard of many flowers and blooming plants. The paved cobblestone paths had little plants budding through them, while wooden arches were adorned with flowers. An ocean breeze flew threw the air, caressing his face while birds chirped and flittered about under the morning sun.

The Acropolis courtyard was the by far the palace grounds most famous feature. It was an expansive complex of plants, statues, fountains and landscaping. A person could spend an entire day in it, lost in idyllic daydreaming. Seina used to do that when she was a girl, often spending entire days lost among the hedges, singing with the birds and reading her poetry books.

The path that led to Seina’s final resting place was a long tunnel of arches covered in pink and white roses. In the tunnel the air was still, the flowers unmoving. “Sometimes, Alejandro and I come here to see her,” Isabella said, speaking of Juan Sebastian’s second son Alejandro. “Alejandro and Eduardo don’t get along anymore. Eduardo is so far to the right, and Alejandro is…more to the left. He wants peace too, like you father,” she said sweetly. “Though Eduardo calls him weak.”

Juan Sebastian looked straight ahead through the tunnel, and remarked to his daughter that, “Two things define a man. His patience when he has nothing, and his attitude when he has everything.” Then he sighed. “All I wanted to was be a king worthy of it. There isn’t much time left…but I intend on make the most of the time that remains to me.”

Juan Sebastian de Campana II
King of Sylva

To: Governments of Septentrion Nations except for the Allied Nations
From:His Royal Majesty Juan Sebastian de Campana II, by the Grace of God King of this Realm and of His other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.
Subject: Sylvan State of Affairs
Encryption: Low

To whom it may concern,

No doubt you are aware of my deteriorating condition, as well as various unrests ongoing in Sylva. I fear that I am not long for the world, and I wonder if I will live long enough to see the general elections this year that will most likely usher in a changing of the guard of Sylvan national politics. I fear that this state of affairs could put my country into a state of fragility that will be beyond my ability to address should I perish.

All of this has given me many sleepless nights while I was on my sickbed, on top of my personal suffering. I have found that after all these years—during which circumstances and conditions have changed both in our region and at the national level, that my ultimate goal for Sylva was to achieve a high level of credibility, confidence and international recognition, and to work tirelessly and sincerely to provide the chance for young people to succeed.

Politics aside, I believe that is something that unites us all, regardless of our persuasions or proclivities. The dream of providing a better future for our children, and I believe that with this goal in mind, we can work towards that future together. I’ve encouraged the people of Sylva to remember these ties that bind us before they take to the streets in protest against the First Minister, or against the monarchy, for we all value that very thing.

As such, I would like to invite foreign leaders to come and meet with me in Chandler. To Sylva’s allies, I would like to reaffirm our friendship. To potential allies, I welcome you to come and break bread and see the merits of my country. To Sylva’s enemies, I would like to at last try to bury the hatchet, so that I can die in peace, knowing that my country is free from threats of harm. For that is how I come to you. As a dying man wanting to die in peace.

Sincerely,

by the Grace of God King of this Realm and of His other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Mon May 29, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun May 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Chandler, Sylva

The Vice President was a woman unlike many others. Gabrielle "Gabby" Iona was the first female Vice President in the history of the Organized States, and at 42, it's youngest ever. Raised in the lush green islands of Halu'a, Iona wasn't exactly primed for political influence or office. She worked for it and evidently, Joe Sanford saw that and something in her as he continued to mentor her even after he was chosen as Ellsworth's running mate. When Sanford began his own campaign, he immediately tapped the rising Liberal superstar in the Congress as his running mate, with her charm and appeal reaching the social media-obessed youth of Columbia. After the election, she remained influential and served as the President's right-hand woman, attending events such as this in which an OS presence was needed.

"Tell me again why heels were necessary, Cammy?" Iona asked her Chief of Staff, Camilla Oliveros, as she stumbled across the tarmac and towards the waiting convoy of SUVs. Camila, better and affectionately known as "Cammy", was a childhood friend who had accompanied Iona on her rise and eventually became her chief of staff. Cammy ran her schedule efficiently and effectively and was instrumental in controlling her appearence, particularly in fashion-concious Sylva.

"Gabby, we're in Sylva." Cammy replied emphatically. "This is the most fashionable place on the planet outside of Allancia. You look amazing and our job is simply to get the Sylvans into the Coalition while we can. The Old Guard is on the way out."

"Spoken like a true believer. Sometimes I wonder why you're not Vice President." Iona laughed.

"That's because Sanford chose you. If you could get fucking Thurber onto the same page about Healthcare, you can get the Sylvans into this damn Coalition. You know what the stakes are." replied Cammy as she climbed into one of the SUVs with Iona soon following her into the large vehicle driven by Secret Service agents.

"Gidget is on the move." the head of her Secret Service detail, Tom, said into the radio as the SUVs began to drive forward quickly in unison. Ground transport through Chandler to the Acropolis wasn't exactly high on the Secret Service's wish list, but with the heavy air traffic in and out of Chandler and the high security at the event preventing a quick helicopter insertion and exfilitration, it was the only option. The convoy speed through the mostly empty city streets, with their police motorcycle escort quickly moving any traffic out of the way. Even at night, Chandler was a far cry from Fairford. Chandler maintained its classical architecture throughout the ancient city and even at night, it was strikingly beautiful.

"Gabby, I need an update on those in attendence." Iona said, not exactly prepared to be caught off guard by a guest they were previously unaware of.

"The King and much of the Royal Family, Ambassador Chase, Secretary Stavis, and possibly the Sylvan Prime Minister." Cammy replied, scanning through the guest list on her phone. It would be a large diplomatic faux-paus for the Sylvans if there happened to be drama involving the guests.

"Details on the Royal Family. I know King Juan Sebastian is on his death bed, but who else is there and who do we need to worry about?" Iona asked.

"The Intel suggests Eduardo, the heir apparent and first in line to the throne, is in a growing fued with his father. His father feels his ambitious son isn't exactly prepared to take the crown yet."

"That could be something we can use. Who else is in the line of succession that holds some influence?"

"Princess Isabella certainly holds significant influence. From what we can tell, she's most certainly the closest to her father at this point in time. She pushes his wheelchair and has dedicated herself to caring for her father in his condition."

"The dutiful daughter, quite admirable." Iona nodded as the black SUV pulled up to the entrance of the hallowed seat of Sylvan power, the Acropolis. She stepped out slowly out of the vehicle, her security climbing out ahead of her despite the heavy presence of Sylvan counter-terror police around the building. Her simple white gown was spartan and simple, yet elegant, perhaps a combination leftover from her days as a CID Officer. She quickly walked up the steps and gave a quick wave to the crowd gathered just beyond the police line, an odd mixture of adoring Royal fans and protesters, before entering the formal ballroom.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Letnev
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Letnev » Wed May 31, 2017 10:02 pm

Red Square
Turov, Federation of Soviet Republics

A snowflake drifted down from the heavens, one of many curiously seeking the source of the thunderous noise below. It neared the earth, only to find a symphony of militaristic ardor; the stomping of boots firmly keeping the tempo while the faint murmur of engines and the squeaking of tracks sang a melody of sweat and blood. It’s gentle trajectory was abruptly disturbed by a squadron of fighter jets in formation, but after a few agitated swirls the snowflake floated back towards the parade below. Down and down it descended, until it reached the source of this disturbance: the outstretched hand of the Chairman of the Communist Party, Vetrov Arkadiy Zhukov.

“What a beautiful day for a parade, tovarishchi. A frozen tear from the sky for every man and woman to valiantly give their life for our rodina.” The Chairman’s voice, in a departure from the vigor of years past, had a somber and deliberate tone. The Chairman and his retinue of advisors, suits weighed down by medals and symbols of the party, watched on in silence as endless waves of soldiers and vehicles passed and saluted. Alexei sighed inwardly. These events were too frequent, and took far too long. Luckily for him, it seemed to be over. He really was thankful to the chairman for inviting him, but Turov politics were so... dull. He longed to be back in the field, doing real work.

While the advisors and officials were shaking hands and giving congratulations, the Chairman slowly made his way over to Alexei. After several stops to shake hands, Alexei found himself face to face with the most powerful man in the Federation.

“Ah, comrade Artimovich, just the man I wanted to see. I have decided on your proposal on the invitation from the Sylvan crown. You will be our delegate to this meeting. You may not be a diplomat, but a diplomat you will become.” Alexei started as if to protest, but the Chairman waved his hand. “Yes. You will go to this meeting. You have been seeing that woman in the Chervak diplomatic service, no? Julie Růže. She is, at my request, representing Chervakia.” Seeing Alexei’s face redden, the Chairman chuckled. “I may be getting older, but I’m not oblivious to the personal life of my protégé. You are nearly 29. If you don’t get married soon, I might start to look bad. Besides, she has something you don't- the ability to kill with words rather than poison or bullets. It could provide to be a learning experience for you.”

“Thank you comrade Chairman” Alexei couldn’t help but smile. “Do I have my choice of security?” The Chairman gave a short nod, disturbing the snow on his ushanka. “I see. I think that we will take some of my comrades from the clandestine service. They will serve us well, both in and outside the palace.” The conversation was interrupted by an attendant, who whispered something in the Chairman’s ear. He hastily gave his goodbyes to Alexei and withdrew to his car, which doubtlessly waited to whisk him off to the Turov Kremlin for a meeting or briefing. Alexei stood in the snow for a moment longer, thinking. Perhaps he would escape the politics of Turov, at least for a while.

Century Square
Chandler, Sylva

Chandler, like many other large cities in Casaterra, had large minority and immigrant populations. Many minority groups such as the Letnevians, Mengheans, and Acoreans created their own sub-communities within the city. Areas such as “Little Letnev” and “Menghetown” quickly became famous for their food, tourist attractions, and architecture within cities. However, with a large amount of immigrants, comes poverty. And with poverty, comes crime. Such areas were typically less policed and monitored, and Chandler was no different. While the Sylvan mafia was notorious for its operations, the Letnevian, Menghean, and other prevalent organized crime groups frequently fought over inner city territory and ‘business’.

So how exactly did Boris get involved in this ‘business’? He sighed and asked himself that very question as he dialed a number on a payphone. First, it was petty robberies. Then, gun trafficking. Next came kidnapping. And now what? How much further would the mafia make him go before he was free? He shook his head. “Ivan, why is our friend not picking up the phone again?”

His partner shrugged from outside the payphone booth. “He said to dial this number when we got to Century Square.” He looked around the square, noting the unusual amount of guards and equipment. In fact, more than just the guards seemed off. Where were all of the tourists? And were those bullet casings on the ground? Strange. Riots didn't often happen this far North in the city.

They were both startled as a female voice rang out of the receiver: “Turov Mechanical services, how may I help you?”

“Oh yes, hello! We want to talk to… uh… Comrade Romanovich in Human Resources please.” Boris fidgeted as the line went silent for a moment. After a series of clicks, a new voice came on the line.

As Boris and the man talked on the phone, Ivan continued to survey the square. One particular officer stood out from the rest. Perhaps it was the FAL rifle and body armor he was wearing? No, it was the eyes. Or maybe the mustache? Yes, it was the mustache. Ivan studied this strange man as his partner hung up the payphone. “Boris, do you see that man? The one with the furry mustache.”

“The military police officer? Yes, I see him. Remember what the big boss said?” Boris glared at his partner. “Avoid police officers, they are especially suspicious of Letnevians right now. We can’t have them connecting us to the riots. Or the guns. Or the kidnappings. Just don't talk to them, alright?”

“But how does he grow it so big?” Ivan asked, touching his upper lip self-consciously.

“How should I know?” Boris put his hand on Ivan’s shoulder. “Listen. We have new orders- pick up the new equipment and safely bring it to the Frozen Sickle bar in Little Letnev. It seems that the motherland has use of our services.”

Ivan turned his head and spit on the ground. “I don’t like this. The Federation getting involved with us, that is. I owe a life debt to the mafia for just getting me out of that frozen hellhole of a country, why should I help it?”

Boris clicked his tongue. “Ivan, you should know better than to say things like that. The KGB has ears everywhere. Plus, they pay particularly well..."

A hearty voice talking in Sylvan interrupted them. “Buenos días.” The two Letnevians turned around to see two Sylvan officers in uniform standing behind them and froze in panic. “I couldn’t help but overhear you two talking in Letnevian. We have orders to question all foreign persons in the area. We will need a few minutes of your time.”

Boris raised his hands defensively. “Ah, no hablo Esylvaña.” He turned and hurriedly whispered “Remember, we work with Sunny Orchards, and we think everyone needs some potassium in their breakfast.”

Ivan cleared his throat and looked at the bigger of the two officers. “Hello, my name Ivan Ivanovich Ivanovsky, and he my friend Boris... Yeltsin.” The officers looked at each other in confusion. Ivan continued. “We on business trip to Sylva.”

The officer who had addressed them before, a large, but friendly looking man, frowned. “You said you are here for business?”

Ivan turned to his partner in panic. “I think this is working.” Boris nodded. He turned back to the Sylvan officers and flashed a counterfeit smile. “Yes. We work for Sunny Orchards banana farm. Our company think everyone needs some polonium in their breakfast.” He gave a thumbs up and grinned.

The smaller officer’s head tilted in confusion, and the big officer squinted his eyes. “Sebastián, I think they mean potassium.” He turned to the Letnevians with a slight smirk. “Son, polonium in breakfast is some KGB soundin stuff. You wouldn’t happen to be involved with any clandestine agencies, would you?”

Ivan’s face turned white. “I said the wrong word! Damn this language, polonium and potassium sound too similar!” He whispered in Letnevian. His partner’s face slowly lost color to match his.

The officer shook his head. “Just show me your ID and entry permit and you can be on your way.” He took cards from the two shaken men and nodded. “Everything seems to be in order. The Letnevian embassy is that way if you need to do… whatever it is you people do with fresh fruit in your country. I don’t need to tell you to stay away from downtown at night, any Letnevians related to the riots are being detained.”

Taking his ID card from the officer’s outstretched hand, Ivan nodded vigorously. “Yes sir, thank you sir.” With a dazed expression, he watched the officers walk away. “I hope the KGB doesn’t put polonium in my breakfast.”

Boris looked at his partner. "Yeah. Let's do this job well and do it fast, and hopefully we never have to deal with the KGB again."

СЕКРЕТ
Name: Alexei Yaroslav Artimovich
Sex: M
Height: 189 cm
Weight: 78 kg
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Date of Birth: 6/18/1989
Party ID: #2001-7574-2256

Alexei Yaroslav Artimovich, KGB operative of 7 years. Born and raised in Turov by a single mother, his father was a casualty of the Second Maldanian Civil War. After graduating with honors from the Turov University of Politics and Foreign Service in 2010, he joined the clandestine branch of the KGB and bypassed required military service. First deployed to Sylva, he was promoted in the field when a botched operation resulted in the death of his superior. Following the surprising success of tasks carried out in Sylva, he was re-tasked to Eisenmaat in 2012 and later Mozria in 2013. Following missions in these territories he was re-tasked to counter-espionage in 2014. He was awarded the order of the scarlet blade for his fifth enemy agent killed in late 2015. It is believed that this is when the chairman took Artimovich under his wing. Artimovich has received 3 promotions since, evidence of the chairman’s favor. It is advised that all agents take care around this man. He is expected to climb ranks in both party and agency.
Last edited by Letnev on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The Soodean Imperium
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soodean Imperium » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:18 am

Chandler, Sylva

A black embassy car rolled down the street, making its way toward the Sylvan Acropolis. In the back seat, on the left, sat Vice-Marshal Kim Pyŏng-so, dressed in his finest uniform. Like many upper-level government officials in the Socialist Republic of Menghe, Kim wore many hats - the Menghean Army's Vice Marshal for Strategic Planning, the First Deputy Secretary of the Menghe Socialist Party, and the Director-General for Discipline Inspection. Most important of all, however, he was the First Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Council, the second-highest post in the highest executive body. It was an open secret that the Menghean government was grooming him to take control of the country after Choe Sŭng-min passed away. At 62 years of age, he was hardly young, but still in better condition than Choe himself, who had been hospitalized for cancer treatment almost a year ago. The Supreme Leader's health had improved since then, but it was becoming clear that he didn't have many years left. Public attention, at home and abroad, was beginning to shift to the Vice-Marshal, and this state visit was only one of many intended to cultivate his status as the future face of Menghe.

"You look distracted, Vice-Marshal." The comment came from Hong Tae-jun, the Minister of Diplomacy and Foreign Affairs, who was sitting beside him. "Is there a problem?"

Vice-Marshal Kim remained silent, staring out the window at the street scenes drifting by. They had just passed through Chandler City's Menghetown, and he could tell the international businessmen from the political exiles by the looks they cast at the embassy car - some hopeful, some hostile, many looking on in casual interest. It was a far cry from the cheering crowds he had passed when leaving Donggyŏng. And now they were moving into the old city, where at best they were met with curious stares.

"Speak your mind, Vice-Marshal. The embassy staff have combed every square chon of this car looking for bugs. What you say here will not be heard."

The Vice-Marshal turned away from the window, but still stared straight ahead. "Director-General, I am concerned for the future of Goŭn."

Goŭn (고은; 高恩) was the [url=iiwiki.com/wiki/Menghean_language]Menghean[/url] name for Altagracia, a peninsular city which Sylva had leased in 1847 and annexed in 1953, in a pair of treaties that the current Menghean government did not recognize as legitimate. Marshal Choe had thus far kept unilateral annexation off the table, and Kim Pyŏng-so was determined to hold true to that pragmatic line. Yet the foreign enclave remained a humiliating blot on the southern coastline, a persistent reminder of the unequal treatment which Menghe had received at the hands of colonial powers over the course of the Four Dark Centuries. Banners, newspapers, even pop songs across Menghe called for reunification, and yet reunification's chances were growing slimmer every year.

"You are concerned about the Crown Prince... Eduardo."

Kim nodded. "They say he is a nationalist, and a militarist as well. If he were to take the throne..." His voice trailed off.

"Vice-Marshal, our chances at peaceful reunification were better under King Juan Sebastian than they have ever been in the past, and yet throughout all our efforts - mine included - a settlement remained impossible. Even after Crown Prince Eduardo takes the throne, our prospects will be no worse than they are now."

"There must be a chance. The External Intelligence Agency tells us the current king is weak, unstable, and burdened by regret. If we can exploit this situation -"

Hong Tae-jun scoffed. "All these years in the pragmatist clique, and now you become an idealist, dreaming of a deathbed atonement? It would be a miracle to expect such a concession from the Sylvan king himself, let alone to have the Sylvan government approve it."

"It is our only chance, Director-General. Even if we fail, we must be able to show that we tried."

The Director-General nodded solemnly, and turned his own gaze ahead. Eight long years ago, he had come into office driven by the hope that a warmer foreign policy would lead to progress on the return of Goŭn. Instead, he had watched over an accelerating conventional arms race, a military intervention in Innominada, and a new chilling of relations with the Casaterran powers. Before long, he would have to retire, but without much to show for it. And who would replace him? Would the nationalist clique gain another member, and in such a high post?

"Very well, Vice-Marshal. But we must be cautious about this. If we try to take two steps forward, it will only drive us three steps back."
Last harmonized by Hu Jintao on Sat Mar 4, 2006 2:33pm, harmonized 8 times in total.

"In short, when we hastily attribute to aesthetic and inherited faculties the artistic nature of Athenian civilization, we are almost proceeding as did men in the Middle Ages, when fire was explained by phlogiston and the effects of opium by its soporific powers." --Emile Durkheim, 1895
Come join Septentrion!
ICly, this nation is now known as the Socialist Republic of Menghe (대멩 사회주의 궁화국, 大孟社會主義共和國). You can still call me Soode in OOC.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:34 am

The Acropolis
Chandler, Sylva

King Juan Sebastian may have been deteriorating, in ill-health and poor shape, but that didn’t mean he was a fool. The first thing they would try to do would be to intercept my letters, he realized not long after composing his communiqué to all foreign governments of the world. I am surrounded by carrion birds waiting to peck my eyes out. Let them choke on the air.

Juan Sebastian still had some friends in the palace, and he called upon them quickly. Fortunately for him they responded to his call, and privately exacted assurances from them that all communiqués addressed to his Majesty found their way to him unmolested, for certainly either his wife, his sister or his eldest son would try to intercept them in the hopes of undermining the King’s policy program.

It was during breakfast in the dining room that he received one directly, having been relayed to him from the Organized States, delivered via the appropriate foreign diplomatic channels. The dining room was spacious, certainly capable of hosting a great feast. State dinners were also increasingly limited, as Sylva found itself with fewer friends in the region with each passing year it seemed. Hopefully that would change for the better.

The dining room featured a long, elegantly carved wooden table covered with a white tablecloth, held down by heavy candle holders and fruit bowls. The tall windows on the backside of the room overlooked the gardens of the courtyard outside, with the light coming in from the morning sun sparkling off of the bright white and blue marble floor and walls. Exquisite crystal chandeliers hung above the table, swayed gently by the cool draft blowing through the room, causing the drapes to flap and the double doors to creak slightly for only the keenest eyes to see, which usually belonged to the servants who even then fluttered about with their trays of food and beverage.

The message from the President of the Organized States himself instilled feelings of both dread and anticipation in the feeble king. They had always been a trustworthy folk, he had found - fair in their dealings and trades - but a bit too arrogant for his liking. Terms with OS were usually dictated, not negotiated, which left a sore feeling in a proud, ancient kingdom like Sylva.

In this capacity the FSR and the OS were strikingly similar. The letters from the respective heads of state of both nations looked like they could have been written by the same author - with, of course, a touch more rhetoric in the Communist telegram. He wondered what both had to offer - and more importantly, what they wanted from Sylva in return.

Other communiques included messages from Menghe and Eisenmaat. There had been chilly relations at best with Menghe, ever since the colonial days, and those remained, largely due to the fact that Sylva remained in control of a coastal enclave, Altagracia, on the Mengheian coastline. Of course, Menghe’s interest in Altagracia was not purely nationalistic - it was the second largest port in Menghe and the fifth largest in the world. The latter of the countries, Eisenmaat, was a longtime friend and close ally of Sylva. Perhaps one of the few it had left, Juan Sebastian made a note to pay special attention to their delegation.

Those were certainly heavy questions to answer over a breakfast consisting of BLT sandwiches, eggs, honey-baked ham, sausage and a variety of fresh fruit with pitchers of milk, tea, orange juice and apple juice. Given how heavy breakfast was, it was not without a sense of irony that the tension in the room was even heavier than that. The messages from all the heads of state were read aloud to Juan Sebastian’s breakfast companions, and the reactions were quite noticeably varied.

Queen Urraka snorted, scowling at both the words of the communiqué and at Juan Sebastian’s reaction to them. Crown Prince Eduardo seemed brooding and no less disgusted. Ines, by far the most mild-mannered of Juan Sebastian’s children, had a muffled expression consisting of quiet contemplation, and Juan Sebastian’s second son Alejandro seemed almost pleased at the notion.

While Eduardo favored his mother in appearance, Alejandro favored his father. He was shorter than his older brother, stockier and more big-boned, with curly dark brown hair and greenish-brown eyes. He had a gentle, easy-going personality somewhat in contrast with his older brother, who used to be like that…but had grown more brazen with age. The two brothers didn’t get along much, and Alejandro dreaded his father’s death nearly as much, if not more than Eduardo anticipated it. After Eduardo becomes king, he will give Alejandro hell.

First Minister Stefan Navarro joined the five royals for breakfast. Stefan was, for a man whose party won four consecutive general elections, a fairly simple man of humble origins as well as views. He was the son of a farmer and a seamstress from the inland provinces, who worked his way up through parliament as a man of the people, loyal to God, King and Country. That message resonated with most Sylvans for a number of years, though now his base was limited to older, traditional segments of the population, while the youth and educated elite of the country were unable to relate to his views and felt alienated by his conservative policies.

Navarro was a stout man, with a wide face, blue eyed and black haired who’s trademark look consisted of suspenders and a bowtie. In the best of times he was chipper, and in the worst of times he was sullen and ornery, irritated with a country that with each passing year failed to see things the way he did. “In my day,” he would prattle on and on about, blah blah blah…

“With all due respect, your Majesty,” the First Minister began to say over his buttered toast dipped in runny yoke eggs. “It’s important to remain consistent. Since its conception, we have preached negative propaganda about the FSR. Our entire foreign policy program has been based upon a hostile relationship with the Communists. They are a predatory, dangerous regime as devious and conniving as it is false and illegitimate. If you are seen as breaking bread with the Chairman, you will be seen as even more weak then you already are. I advise against it…I would suggest politely declining.”

“Why are we even talking about this to begin with?” the Queen groaned into her glass of wine. In addition to excessive drinking and hunting, Queen Urraka was also on poor terms with her husband. They had become estranged, and were married in name only. She’d probably have divorced me already if it didn’t mean sacrificing the title of Queen, Juan Sebastian suspected, hoping that it wasn’t true, but realizing that it probably was. There was a time that they were happy in marital bliss, but the whirlwind of events surrounding Sylva and the royal family eventually led to their relationship cooling considerably.

Urraka shook her head. “No wonder the monarchy is seen as a joke by our countrymen, and why no foreign nation actually respects us,” she winced into her wineglass. “You behave with incompetence and do little to actually command respect from anyone, be it friend or foe.”

Eduardo frowned as she listened to his mother speak, and then he too turned to speak to his father. “That’s not far enough. If we want to send an appropriate message to the world, we should invite the Chairman to court. Once he’s here, we kill him and send his body back to Questers and claim it was an accident. Maybe then and only then will they know how it feels. I promise you that as king, I will make anyone bleed for the shedding of Sylvan blood. The blood of a Sylvan is worth a thousand of their despicable proles.” Urraka nodded.

“Then we should be glad that you are not king,” Alejandro snapped at his older brother. “If we did something as lowly as that, we’d be no better than they. You’d bring this country to ruin if only for the sake of looking strong and acting like a tough guy. You’re so fast to portray father as a fool, but what of you, hmm?”

“…You sound like an apologist,” Eduardo countered. “Shut the fuck up.”

The King was done. He slammed his fist onto the table and bellowed, “Enough!” he looked at his wife and eldest son, and then everyone else. “Foes and false friends alike infest my court like vermin,” the King said loud and firm. “I can hear them squeaking and scurrying, and I can feel them squirming all around me. The last place I want them at my table, in front of our own First Minister. You can call me weak…you can call me foolish, but remember that it’s because of me that your ass will have a throne to polish after I’m dead,” he told Eduardo while pointing a fork at him. “I don’t want to hear anymore talk of what you would or wouldn’t do if you’re king. You’re not king, and thank the Gods for that, because you still have a lot to learn.”

Then he jabbed his fork in the face of his wife. “As for you…I don’t know what’s gotten into you, Urraka. Maybe it’s too much wine, maybe it’s the fact that you’re in menopause. I don’t know…but this has got to stop. You’ve been steering our son towards this path of ruin, filled with dreams of reactionary far-right politics…you’d pimp this country out the way you did to me when we first met.”

There was a collective gasp in the room, from the King’s children to the Prime Minister to the Queen especially. “How fucking dare you, Juan Sebastian,” she said with acid in her tone. “I have loved and respected you from the very beginning, and I’ve tried to even after everything happened with your sister, mother and father. It’s been hard, you know…you think any of this has been easy on me?”

“…So what’s your problem now, hmm?” Juan Sebastian jabbed with his fork again.

Urraka looked at him with a sorrowful look on her face, while their children sat in silence. “The world is changing, Juan Sebastian, and you have done…nothing. You're just a sad old man who would rather write poetry than lead a country. Go back to bed. Let the real men take charge.”

The Prime Minister chewed methodically on his toast, pensive as the royals spoke. “I respect the King, and his decisions,” he nodded slowly. “Always have. I don’t think anyone can doubt his commitment to peace and stability in the realm. A less shrewd sovereign would have seen this country become yet another republic with the blood of royal children on its hands. Though I stand by my previous words…if you are seen treating with the Chairman, the people will be all that much more up in arms.”

Thinking on that over his bowl of grapefruit, the king groaned long and softly. “I will receive the Chairman and hear what he has to say, because I wish to appear pragmatic. This is about building bridges with the international community, not about fading away in the corner of Casaterra because we’ve made ourselves closed off to foreign diplomatic overtures. The people will be rid of us as soon as they think we are useless. I will show to them and everyone else that we are not useless at all, and that we still serve a vital function and have purpose to exist.”

“This is a dangerous game you’re playing,” he warned the king. “Either it will work out very well for you, or it will backfire terribly. The worst part is, whatever comes of this scheme of yours, I shall pray to the Gods that you are still alive to deal with the consequences of it. Your son isn’t ready to in either event.”

Isn’t that the truth. “Yes, Mr. First Minister,” Juan Sebastian agreed as he finished eating. “That’s certainly the truth…”

I’m planning on having one more post before the actual banquet and reception starts. Hopefully this will help some people get their asses in gear and actually contribute to the thread (reeee).
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eisenmaat
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisenmaat » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Brauskonta, Eisenmaat

“Political elite gathering in Chandler for a Royal Ball of Sylva - King Johan IV to attend the event,” narrated the elderly man sitting in a recliner across a mahogany table, “Other notable guests in attendance are expected to be of Casaterran nations and diplomats from across the world. Reportedly, King Juan Sebastian has used somber language in the letters of invitation, leading many to believe that he may be on his deathbed. Experts speculate that the event may include resignation of the King due to health issues; leading to the coronation of Prince Eduardo -- and so on. Not a mention of you, Karlos.” He methodically folds and lowers the piece of newspaper he has been reading out loud and looks expectantly over his reading glasses at the younger, portly man seated on the other side of the table.

With a respectful nod, Karlos answered: “The thankless job of a foreign minister, Your Majesty. Your affairs are always more interesting to the public, as it should be.”

Karlos Meyer hadn’t spent much time with the Johan IV face-to-face before outside official events - the King hardly presented himself outside ceremonies, leaving the ruling and politics of Eisen to the Common Assembly. As it perhaps should be, the minister briefly thought while being stared down by the analytic gaze of the old royalty. In all honesty, Karlos would have preferred to travel on his own, without being awkwardly stuck on a plane with someone far outweighing him in social and political ranking.

Johan IV chuckled heartily before breaking the silence. “Just Johan, Karlos,” the King guided, deflating the tension of rank between the two. The quiet background hum of jet spool-up kicked to a new pitch as the private plane of the Eisenmaat royal family transferred to takeoff at Brauskonta International.

“Right, yes,” Karlos acknowledged without missing a beat.

“So, what do you think about the article?” the King prodded, practically demanding the minister to engage in the polite small talk.

The minister reflected on the article with a furrowed brow. He had read it in the morning, as well - the daily Eisenzeit was essential reading to anyone who wanted to keep up with the happenings of the capital region. There wasn’t much to go off of, if the King desired anything further than a cursory thought. “I believe it’s fruitless speculation to say that Eduardo would be crowned any time soon, but Juan isn’t doing well anymore. Perhaps there’s a small hint of truth, there.”

The King nodded briefly. “Perhaps.” He turned grim, and continued: “However, I know Juan Sebastian, and he’s not about to let his son reign as long as he draws breath, however weakly. And I’m not sure if that’s poisoning the young Prince with frustration or not, but I can only imagine he’s not happy about the situation. I want you to keep an eye on him, talk a little at the ball. Not that I’d have to tell you; his opinions should line along with your party politics nicely,” Johan added with a warm smile.

FDP (Fatherland’s Democratic Party, Eisenmaat) had been quite supportive of Eduardo’s rhetoric for some time already. Karlos thought on the phrase - he had already thought of pursuing an audience with the heir apparent of Sylva, and with the King’s ‘permission’, he could easily justify the discussion. “Ah, you’re right. However, the government’s line is to pursue non-aggression and de-escalation of armaments with the FSR, and I’m appearing as the Foreign Minister of Eisenmaat, not party member of FDP. I’ll see what I can say, Sir.”

“That’ll do good enough.” King Johan reclined back in his seat. Today would be a handful, for sure.

Kettu
Attaché

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kettu » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Removed
Last edited by Kettu on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maverica
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maverica » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:07 am

Chandler Sylva, near the docks

Uncertainty is a intresting thing. As the uncertainty of the future could lead for better or worse. Maybe what happens won't even effect anything. One thing I'd for certain though that the uncertain future is something to be concerned about. This is how President Nurzan feels as he rides in his black limousine towards the Acropolis. The future of Sylva and Maverican relations could be totally altered on this important day. For years Maverica and Sylva has cooperated marginally in minor incidents such as trade but the two countries never been close. However with King Juan Sebastian on his deathbed and Prince Johan IV coming to power in the next few weeks possibly days, now is the best time for President Nurzan to lead Maverica towards closers relations with Sylva.

"Mr. President, would you like some coffee?" Asked Minister of Forign affairs Wilhelm Braxburg with a,pot of coffee in his hand.
"No. You should know by know that I don't drink coffee Wilhelm." Replied Nurzan with a grin.
"Yes sir. Though maybe you should pick up the habit, I hear Prince Eduardo has a taste for coffee to the pint where he has his own blend imported from Meridia." Wilhelm sets the pot down.
"Johan concerns me none. He is an avid Imperialist or soft imperialism as his family calls it. Though I have no love for Sylva colonies in Meridia and Hemethea. Altagracia is an intresting and rather amusing colony that is a thorn in Menghe's side. Something that delights me much more than a couple of insignificant Sylva possessions gaining independence." Nurzan paused and reached into his coat picket and pulled out a small bottle of whiskey and took a swig of it and returned it to his pocket.
"As I was saying Wilhelm. We could find a valuable ally in Sylva to counteract what Menghean leaders call anti imperialistic actions and power in Hemethea and Meridia. In my opinion the Menghean dogs are doing nothing to help these nations. All they are doing is installing them with pro Menghean goverments and using them for material and political leverage against us. Their no better than the capitalists yes Wilhelm I said it." Nurzan said as his drank the rest of his whiskey in a fury.

Wilhelm clearly stunned replied.
"Calm down sir, that's why we must form alliances here with countries like Organized States of Columbia and Sylvia. The enemy of my enemy is my freind."

The middle aged man grinned and looked at Wilhelm.
"Boy, that's why I chose you to be my Minister of forign affairs." Nurzan chuckled.
"Ah look it appears we will be arriving in a few minutes. That's enough political talk for now. We will enjoy much of that today I'm sure of it."

Wilhelm chuckled and turned to look out the window.
Today will be an eventful day indeed.
Last edited by Maverica on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philippians 2:14~Do everything without complaining, or arguing.

"We need to build a WALL!" ~ Donald Trump

New Oyashima
Minister

Founded: Oct 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Oyashima » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:29 pm

June, 2017 | Menghetown | Afternoon | Chandler,
The Kingdom of Sylva

"Grey walls and broken people, that’s what I see” muttered Prime Minister Shoji as his small unmarked motorcade rolled down the main streets of downtown Chandler. This particular part of the city, aptly dubbed “Menghetown” by the locals, appeared to have been overrun with small shops and street-stands. The dull grey walls of the buildings were stained from years of wear, but stood firmly in contrast to the rest of the city. An appropriate metaphor to the will of the people living within these very walls. Shoji frowned as he looked on to the crowd, noting their pitiful situation. Pitiful, at least, in his eyes. Across from him sat a bright eyed girl, star struck as she gazed at the busy streets and people. Her form positively radiated with excitement and awe, chin in her hands as she compared it to her home in Miyako. This girl was none other than the future Oyashimese Empress, current princess Kanochiko no Kamogawa.

“Broken?” she replied, “Hardly, this is a great example of endurance and strength. But yes, the walls are grey. Good observation!”

“Always with the sarcasm. I’d say that it’s a bit unfitting of royalty, your highness.” Shoji chuckled back rapidly.

Kano recoiled a bit. Then quietly responded. “Funny, Shoji. But that’s not the point, these people have a future here. I’m convinced the natives of Menghe could prosper anywhere…”

“Speaking of which”, he interrupted as he took a quick sip of water, “the entire point of our attendance is to introduce you to the world leaders, specifically the representative of Menghe”.

“I know…” she trailed off, burying her head further into her head, seemingly hiding from the realisation.

“Do you, your highness? You will without a doubt be the youngest of the foreign leaders. They will be trying to manipulate you, to control you, and the media won't be fair either.”

The motorcade continued out of Menghetown towards the center of the city. The buildings quickly changed from dull broken grey plaster tombs to a more native cultural style with polished curves and clean facades. If one paid close attention, one could even mark the exact point of this divide in cultures and class. Coming into view quickly was the royal palace, and it wouldn’t be long until the motorcade arrived. Kano went from awe struck to nervous in a heartbeat, her head ringing with the words Shoji had just spoke. Would they manipulate her? Would they try to control her? Surely there was a possibility, as the Federation she represented could make for a powerful ally. It had a vast and advanced military and stores of wealth at it’s disposal, plus the location of the island chain was key to controlling the vital trade routes that supplied both the FSR and OS. Despite this, the federation has maintained a strict policy of neutrality. Officially stating the routes of trade are secure and that the world has a right to use them freely. But the Oyashimese government knew fully well that whoever controlled those routes, controlled the lifeblood of global spanning empires. It was as if the Oyashimese where a modest youth, in control of a vast and immense power. Almost like Kano herself.

Shoji caught on to the princess's worried expression quickly. “That’s why I’m here” he reassured her, taking another sip as he quickly browsed information on the attendees. “Just stay away from the representatives and try to keep your interactions around groups. Don’t let them catch you isolated, and stay near me. I’ll do most of the talking for you, just keep the conversation focused on social issues. Stay away from international relations.”

She made a quick mental note as the car carrying the pair rolled up to the front of the palace gates, and the guards waved them through. “Right.” she mumbled nervously to herself as a service member opened her door, “I think I understand”

“And most importantly, enjoy yourself. It is a ball, after all!” Shoji chuckled again, taking a final sip of his water.

And with that, the pair stepped out into the courtyard, looking on as other diplomats arrived. Kano's long kimono unfurling behind her.
Last edited by New Oyashima on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:46 am

Chandler, Sylva
sorry in advance this post isn't as well written

Juan Sebastian felt the razor at his throat, scraping the old but tender flesh of his neck. He winced in pain as the blood flowed from the porous wound, and twitched in agony. “I am most sorry, your majesty,” the royal barber said as he dotted the small wound with a clean towel. “Please forgive me.”

In centuries past, such an offense was punishable by death. His father would not have tolerated such mistakes. But Juan Sebastian was not his father, to Urraka and Eduardo’s disdain. He waved off the mistake and the barber continued, shaving the King of Sylva clean so that he could be (somewhat) presentable at the reception that evening. Everyone was preparing - Urraka and Katalina doing what women do, while Isabella took charge of the palace staff. Being the good daughter she is.

The palace chamberlain stood in front of Juan Sebastian as he was shaved and barbered. “Your Majesty, I am pleased to announce that many foreign dignitaries will be in attendance tonight. Including, but not limited to, the Vice President of the Organized States, a delegation from the Federation of Soviet Republics, the Heir Apparent of the Kingdom of Eisenmaat, the Head of State of the Socialist Republic of Maverica, the Vice-Marshal of Menghe, the Prime Minister as well as the Empress to Be of the New Oyashima Federation, the President of Maltecna, and the President of Verpletterant.”

Juan Sebastian couldn’t help but smile, even though doing so caused the the barber and his razor great distress as his facial muscles flexed and unflexed. “Good. Good! We must do everything in our power to make sure all are properly accommodated...what’s the night’s schedule, again?”

“The dignitaries will arrive at the palace between 5 and 5:45 pm local time. At 6:00, you will give your address to both those in attendance and the assembled press. At 6:15 the guests will be ushered into the dining room, where a five-course meal shall be served. Following that, all attendees shall make there way to the ballroom, where the Chandler Symphony Orchestra shall be performing for the night until 11 pm. Guests are free to stay and mingle until midnight, when all that have not already shall be politely asked to leave-”

“What? I thought I made it clear that they were to stay here, at the palace.”

The chamberlain stumbled. “Err, I mean, Her Majesty, Queen Urraka -”

“Fuck that whore,” he said, to the Chamberlain’s obvious surprise. “All that wish are to be offered a guest room within the Palace itself. Now, what of the next day’s activities?” The ball was as much for the press as for anything else. It would be the next day, in the closed door meetings, that the work was truly done. There, the delegations would be free to mingle amongst themselves.

“Yes, your Majesty. I shall make the changes. As for tomorrow, virtually every delegation has asked for a meeting with you, in person.”

This was where Juan Sebastian needed to be the most strategic. He could not be everywhere at once, and whomever he met with meant he wasn’t meeting with another. That would lead to some nations feeling underappreciated or ignored. And after coming all this way, that was the last thing he or any of them wanted.

“Make sure that my first meeting is with the delegation from the FSR. At the same time, have the First Minister meeting with the Organized States. That way both feel important. Oh, and tell Alejandro that he will be in charge of directing talks with Menghe. They will ask about Altagracia, as they always do. Make sure he is prepared.”
“What shall I tell the Prince to say, Your Majesty?”

Juan Sebastian thought for a moment. “I think that is for the Prince to decide.” Having Alejandro make the decisions himself would normally be of some concern - especially considering he was not next in line for the throne. Meaning, if Eduardo wanted, he could go back on any promise made to the Mengheans.

“Very well, your Majesty,” the Chamberlain said, “I shall tell him to use his best judgement. As for Eisenmaat and New Oyashima…”

“We can task Eduardo with meeting the Oyashemese. Maybe that’s something he can handle,” the King said, making no effort to hide his disappointment with the Heir Apparent. His mind immediately thought of all the ways that his son could screw up this important first impression.

“As for Eisenmaat, have Isabella meet with the young Prince. I hear she has her eye on him anyways, might as well foster that -”

A long, bastardized cough came from the King’s mouth, throwing his head forwards. The long, ravenous fit lasted a full minute before he finally brought himself back under control. After the ordeal, he noticed the blood in his mouth and on his lips.

He motioned for the medicine, which was brought. I have to hold on. Just a little while longer.
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Westervelde
Secretary

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Westervelde » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:59 am

Image June 2017 Sylvan Airspace Above Chandler Image

The airspace around the glittering city below was especially quiet, most flights had been redirected to alternate routes and airports due to the high security required for the ball. The single Vuortakaset Boeing 767 decked out in an all blue livery slowly descended towards Chandler International Airport. Onboard, the President of the United Republics of Vuortakane, General Armas Lahti. He sat in the lounge area of the heavily modified jet with some of his aides and confidants. Conversation had ended a few hours before, most now spent their time looking out of the windows and rehearsing lines under their breath to make sure the Sylvan and World Press only heard what they wanted them to hear.

Armas had a few goals at the ball, possible further trade with the Kingdom of Sylva, specifically lower import duties on vehicles and machinery. Higher duties had so far reduced the effectiveness of Vuortakaset export enterprises into both Sylva and its neighbours. However, the real reason he was here, was to not be in Vuort. The airforce and navy were coming to blows again. The navy had been attempting to interfere in police policy, itself, legally under the civilian government, but was for all intents and purposes, the fifth military branch. The airforce’s higher ups had seen this as a threat to their influence in the organisation. Either way, Armas was going to cut them both off from “daddy’s” attention for a while, and then quietly remove both the Fleet Admiral and Air Marshall. Their repeated squabbles went directly against the country’s interests and the whole point of the National Stability Council. Either way, he had a plethora of replacements on hand for both senile old men. Armas had always been a reformer, he’d reformed the army, and more recently reorganised the national economy and infrastructure. His achievements had been great, but he could see the burden the constant and persistent squabbles between the branches was placing on his people. Perhaps it was time to end seventy years of military rule?

“We’ll be landing in five minutes.” The pilot reported over the intercom, tearing Armas from his thoughts of the future, to the present. More reforms would have to come later, once he found allies within all three primary branches of the military, and in the civilian government. First, furthering Vuort’s massive business interests abroad would garner him many supporters in the public and civilian government. The military branches, including his own army, would be more difficult. They had become obsessed with power.

Sylvan-Vuortakaset relations had never been that stellar in the past, something Armas hoped to change. However, with the Heir Apparent being as militant and nationalistic as was reported, Armas expected to find the spectres of the past re-emerge under the new leadership. Better to deal with the current administration and build deals that the Heir would take years to dismantle. Vuort’s bureaucrats and civil servants were very good at that. He’d tied down numerous groups this way, internally and externally, allowing for a preferable outcome for the Vuortakaset economy. Not that the current King didn’t have his share of problems, his authority was being undermined far faster than his health was, and that was impressive. Well, it would be if that wasn’t the norm for monarchs, autocrats and anyone of power. Friends and colleagues would gather like vultures in ever increasing number. Only fools stayed behind to back the walking dead.

As the plane’s landing gear hit the tarmac at Chandler International his mind was moved closer to the present once again. Waiting, standing up, and then meeting the press on the runway outside the terminal. Their picture taking and idiotic questions were incessant as always, but he dealt with them with a fake smile and handshakes, firing off well-rehearsed lines to counter the oh so predictable questions. It would be a long trip, but it was better to deal with the press then the increasingly violent backrooms of the National Stability Council back home.
Last edited by Westervelde on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Sylva
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nova Sylva » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:35 am

Lowkey recycled from "A Chance For Peace." DONT JUDGE MY LAZINESS OKAY

". . . and that is why I applaud this effort today. Far to often we substitute the complicated process of peace for the easy solution of war and violence. It is a part of our history in Casaterra and my government is hopeful that by hosting these discussions we may be further able to . . . "

First Minister Stefan Navarro couldn't help but yawn. The King certainly knew how to give a long convocation address. Rubbing his nose, he tried to focus on his liege's speech. He was obviously approaching the end, but the end couldn't come soon enough. There was so much to do in so little time. He had started it a solid half hour before. Meanwhile the moonlight peered through the conference halls' enormous windows, highlighting the mountains in the background.

He glanced back to the King, quickly readjusting his glasses. Well, the stage was set.

It was the opening summit of perhaps the largest diplomatic gathering of the twenty-first century. The heads of states of every superpower, as well as a few minor nations, all assembled for the first time in god knows how long. In addition, one could look around and find observer states from across the region. Such a congregation of important people was extremely rare, and everyone in the hall knew it. Most dignitaries had at least heard of each other, talked on the phone, or chatted briefly in person. But here, anybody could talk to anyone else about anything; the Palace itself provided plenty of accommodations, private meeting rooms, and conference halls for such purpose. Behind the scenes there was bound to be intrigue, plotting, and horsetrading. As long as the summit produced some list of vague accomplishments or goals, the press and the public would be content.

The First Minister of Sylva couldn't help but feel elated. Something might actually be achieved at this historic event, either for the continent or for Sylva. The forum was pitched as an opportunity to arbitrate disputes and resolve major continental crises, and as a way for a changing Sylva to make its place on again in the world. In addition, it would function as an additional avenue for bilateral or multilateral talks. Meetings with low expectations, like this one, were perfect for high profile diplomacy. Perhaps that is why everyone jumped on the idea, or perhaps it was out of sympathy for its patron, King Juan Sebastian, who was virtually on his deathbed.

Stefan took another sip of water, fixated on the speech, which was drawing to a close. Either out of courtesy or general respect - he couldn't tell which - the assembled audience stood and clapped. The King stifled a violent cough and forced a smile as he made his way down the podium, and walked towards the large dining hall. Navarro straightened his bow tie for the umpteenth time and followed his liege.

A few of the women, naturally, first caught his eye: the blonde haired Vice President of the Organized States, in a fashionable, strapless white gown; the Empress of New Oyashima, in a native kimono, and what seemed to be a Slavic woman in a very fitting, long red dress with a halter top cut at the leg. The men, for their part, were dressed in an assortment of either military dress uniforms or black tuxedos. A few consorts here and there, diplomats that had brought their wives or significant others to the ball.

The dining room was a wide, open area with a long glass window on one end that overlooked the Chandler skyline, lighted brilliantly in the night sky. Instead of a singular, long maghogany table, as was standard, many small circular ones dotted the room - allowing people to sit with whomever they wished. However, a counter draped in white tablecloth dominated an entire flank of the room. It was covered in food and drink, ranging from Catalinian lobster stew (considered some of the best in the world), savory lamb chops, rotisserie chicken, and broiled venison. In addition, Sardenyan influences on Sylvan cuisine were perfectly visible - fettuccine alfredo, still steaming from the pan it was cooked in, chicken parmigiana topped with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, and perhaps most recognizable, pittsa margarita, colloquially known around the world as pizza. Also laid out for the enjoyment of those present was an assortment of local fruits and vegetables sat in bowls, perfectly polished for consumption, representing the agriculture wonder and bounty from every region of Sylva. To top it all off, plates upon plates of cheescake, tiramisu, and torrijas - chunk sized peices of cinnamon spiced bread, and of course, churros.

Of course, Sylva's prime staple project was also flowing everywhere - wine. Red, white, sparkling or strong - every possible variety was present, aged to perfection, filling the crystal glasses abundant. The First Minister grabbed two glasses of Cantabrian champagne and searched the room for his first (of many) discussion partners that evening - the Vice President of the Organized States.

from here on out, we can depart from the paragraph-style writing that has dominated the introduction phase of this thread. Instead, use Google Docs to cowrite conversations with other thread members. When they are finished, post them here. Use your best judgement on what's acceptable with that. Remember that this is just the first part of the thread. This is the "ball" part of the RP, while ICly tommorow the actual forum will begin. As the OP I will wrap up the night's events when it seem s appropriate. So, until then, find a partner, grab a glass of wine, and indulge yourself in some fine Sylvan cuisine as we all talk some juicy geopolitics :)
Last edited by Nova Sylva on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:51 am, edited 5 times in total.

The Soodean Imperium
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soodean Imperium » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:00 am

Kim Pyŏng-so and Hong Tae-jun applauded as King Juan Sebastian finished his speech. While some of the dignitaries and, remarkably, state officials around them had shown signs of boredom, to the Menghean delegation long speeches were nothing new. Now, the assembled guests began to disperse, and Hong Tae-jun stepped away as well.

The Vice-Marshal reached out and tapped his arm. "Minister, where are you going?"

"Ah," Minister Hong replied with a smile. "The King has been kind enough to schedule a meeting between myself and Prince Alejandro. He is not the heir-apparent... but he is said to be the more level-headed of the two. If we are to broach the topic of Goŭn, we should broach it with him."

"I am coming along," Vice-Marshal Kim replied. "I want to see this through as well."

"No; I suggest you stay here." Hong Tae-jun was lower in rank than the Vice-Marshal, but age brought its privileges when giving advice. "There are many other heads of state and diplomats here, and it would present a poor signal if we desert them over the Goŭn issue. Additionally, this is a sensitive topic, and we cannot push too aggressively."

Kim Pyŏng-so nodded, and stepped back as Hong Tae-jun walked off into the crowd. He felt a bit stung to have been left out of the meeting he had advocated during the car ride there, but he also knew the Minister's reasons were correct. What mattered now was to take a pragmatic approach to the Goŭn negotiations - and to meet the other diplomats present. Clearing his mind, he walked toward the dining table, knowing that he would find other officials there.
Last harmonized by Hu Jintao on Sat Mar 4, 2006 2:33pm, harmonized 8 times in total.

"In short, when we hastily attribute to aesthetic and inherited faculties the artistic nature of Athenian civilization, we are almost proceeding as did men in the Middle Ages, when fire was explained by phlogiston and the effects of opium by its soporific powers." --Emile Durkheim, 1895
Come join Septentrion!
ICly, this nation is now known as the Socialist Republic of Menghe (대멩 사회주의 궁화국, 大孟社會主義共和國). You can still call me Soode in OOC.

Letnev
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Letnev » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:48 am

Little Letnev
Chandler, Sylva
15 Hours Before Present

Vasily blew out a puff of cigarette smoke, watching two mafia men unload a truck. So, this was the famous Little Letnev of Chandler. The service was certainly subpar, but proper Letnevian food was a nice change. Then again, he thought, anything was better than scavenging for food in a tundra, or, God forbid, Sylvan food.

His thoughts were interrupted when one of the mafia men stubbed his toe on a box of ‘fruit’, uttering curses as he stumbled back to the truck.

“Hey! Be gentle with the merchandise; if you damage anything and you won’t live to regret it.” Vasily hissed.

The mobster not clutching his foot glared at Vasily. “Whoa now, man. These are just guns, right? From what I hear, your country’s guns can operate after being thrown off a cliff, let alone dropped a meter.”

“I think you mean our country, comrade. It would be foolish to assume that just because you left, you do not still belong to your motherland.” Vasily spat as he slowly reached into his coat. “Now, if you want to get paid, I suggest that you stop spouting treasonous nonsense and unload the damn truck.”

The second mobster frowned as he looked in the crate that he had hit. “This crate just has gas masks in it, where are the guns?.”

“We both know that you aren’t allowed to look at the merchandise. All that you are paid to do is sneak it into the city.” Vasily replied.

“No. If it’s not guns, deal’s off. We’re selling whatever this is to the Mengheans if you lied. I’m tired of you KGB people acting like you own us and this part of town.” The other man swore to Vasily. He popped the lid off another crate. “What the hell… tanks?” In the crate rested a gas canister, marked “Колокол-1, Обращайтесь осторожно

“Kolokol-1, handle with care…?” The mobster’s eye widened. “What the hell? You weren’t smuggling guns, this is-”

His sentence was cut short by two suppressed handgun rounds in rapid succession- the first hitting his shoulder, the next going through his throat. The other mobster slowly raised his hands. “H-hey man, I won’t tell anybody. Please! It doesn't need to be like this!”

Vasily looked into the man’s trembling eyes, and saw his own reflected in them. They had the look of the Arctic Wolf, he thought. Blue, narrow, cold eyes. Just like the wolf that took hand years ago. He looked away. Two more subsonic rounds, both to the upper chest.

He walked over to the mobster, who was on the ground, struggling to breathe. “It’s a shame that it had to end this way. But, you two were fools from the beginning. Did you think that leaving the Federation would free you? And checking the boxes... very unprofessional.”

The mobster coughed up blood. “Fuck… you… had… deal…”

Vasily smiled as the man breathed his last. “No, my brother. We did not have a deal. We had a plan. A plan that, with or without you, will continue and succeed.” He looked towards the Palace. Even across the city, he could see its towers, towering high above the cheap apartments and shops in Little Letnev. Soon, delegations from around Septentrion would meet in that Palace, to see a broken king. And, soon, all of Septentrion would see more of Sylva break than it's king.

Grand Palace
Chandler, Sylva

Sylva was very much like the FSR. Long introductions, unnecessary courtesies, and lengthy speeches by men who overstated their importance… or so Alexei had thought initially. He detested his time in Turov under the tutelage of Chairman Zhukov, but had certainly learned to read people. And while many in the court of the “Red Tsar” went through such formalities out of fear and duty, he sensed that many of the Sylvan attendants and officials had real love and adoration for their king. Of course, the daughter was expected to love her father, but after watching the other palace personal Alexei could see why the State Security forces had trouble penetrating the palace walls for so long.

“...Far too often we substitute the complicated process of peace for the easy solution of war and violence…” The king droned on.

Alexei could sense the speech winding down, and took this opportunity to look at the delegations of other nations. On his left were, of course, the various Turov Pact representatives: The Chervakian representative, a woman whom he knew much more intimately than the two let on in public. The Erquinian representative, a tall and calm looking man he vaguely remembered from a meeting in Turov. The Maldanian representative, whose beard reminded Alexei of a lumberjack. Typical. On his direct right was Vladislav Balashov, the Federation’s diplomat stationed in Sylva.

As inconspicuously as he could, he looked towards other delegates. A Menghean man he recognized as the Vice-Marshall sat next to who Alexei thought might be the Menghean Minister of Diplomacy. He made a mental note to speak to them at some point, if only out of courtesy. He could see the the Vice President of the Organized States sitting near a young woman in what seemed to be traditional Oyashimese dress; she must have been the Oyashimese princess. Before he could finish scanning the crowd, the King’s speech came to a close. He stood and clapped, motioning for the other Turov pact representatives to do the same.

As the guests began to disperse, Alexei pulled the Pact representatives aside. “Remember, Tovarishchi: there are no troops in Mozria, the Chervakian government has nothing to with the string of defense related hackings across Casaterra, and the only weapons shipped out of Maldania are plastic toys.” Alexei gave the FSR’s diplomat a pat on the shoulder. “Comrade Balashov, go prepare to talk with the king, I will join you shortly.”

“Of course, comrade Colonel.” The diplomat nodded and walked away.

Alexei turned to the Chervakian diplomat, Julie Růže. Alexei knew the real reason she was selected for this ball, contrary to the Chairman’s earlier statement that it was just for him. Not only was she a diplomat who spoke 6 languages fluently, but she was also daughter of the most brilliant mind in the bloc- Ludek Růže. Creator of not only dozens of weapon designs, but also head of the largest corporation in Chervakia.

She looked at him and grinned sarcastically. “Don’t worry Alexei, I know what to do. You told me at least twice on the plane, once in the hotel room, and once on the drive here. Go talk to the old man, I can survive on my own in the meantime.”

“Wai-” Before he could get in a word, she winked and walked off. Alexei sighed, and mentally steeled himself for discourse with king of Sylva, Juan Sebastian de Campana II.
Last edited by Letnev on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents