NATION

PASSWORD

Organization for Moderation of the Slavery Argument

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New Amerik
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Organization for Moderation of the Slavery Argument

Postby New Amerik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:44 pm

The recent debate over slavery has led to many taking sides over whether or not slavery should be allowed. New Amerik feels, that, because tempers are liable to run hot in these debates, there is a serious danger of war, hatred, nuclear warfare, and all around nastiness. This can only be averted if there is a group of people, from both slave and no-slave nations, who are willing to join together despite opposing views to stop the madness from reaching a boiling point. Without further ado:

LET it be known that, in these dark and slightly more light times, that the argument of slave or no-slave could have dangerous consequences for the world.

AND, with complete knowledge of what they are about to do, a group of nations form to insure safe and open discussion among slavery states and non-slavery states.

THESE nations shall fall from both sides of the argument, to form a middle ground in between the two sides.

FURTHERMORE, that despite political, civil, and legal differences, these nations support each other when in negotiations.

FINALLY, these nations shall attempt to broker fair agreements among both sides, and discuss them openly and honestly within this thread.

THUS, the Organization for Moderation of the Slavery Argument shall be formed.

All Nations seeking to join, fill out the following attachment:

Name:
Slavery (y/n):
Nation Category:
Reason for Joining:
Other:

Nations:
New Amerik (Founder) - can represent OMSA in slavery debates, offers neutral zone for debates of slavery, Doktor support to BOTH nations in a slavery war
Dinosians - Disaster Relief forces offered to civilians in slavery war nations, can act as neutral zone for ending slavery wars
Aldarminia - can help with recovery of nations after war, 10,000 men for Humanitarian Operations
Lovable Weirdos - offer peaceful communication to stop extreme measures, money from trading to supply food and housing for people after any slavery wars
Lonara - can represent OMSA in slavery debates, willing to forgo all stances on slavery to support OMSA nation in case of war
Magikavela - offers generic aid and support to OMSA
Rich Port - generic aid and support to OMSA

Observers
Des-Bal
Unilisia

Volunteers
New Amerik: 325 doktors, 120 Genetiks, 50 Surgical Helicopters

Last, but not least, if anyone has any suggestions for how to improve this thread (poll, more info, etc.)... then post it!
Last edited by New Amerik on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 13 times in total.
The Basics of New Amerik
Factbook | Portfolio | Resurrection Offered (Storefront) | Embassy
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 3 = Defensive Actions
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Name: The Empire of New Amerik
Slavery (y/n): no
Nation Category: Father Knows Best State
Reason for Joining: Disgusted with lack of negotiations between both sides
Other: The closest we have to slaves are half-citizens, who have full civil rights but no legal rights. The government also dictates where they work.
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Dinosians
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Name: Supreme Empire of Dinosians (Dinosians)
Slavery (y/n): kinda
Nation Category: Father Knows Best State (we prefer "Presidential Dictatorship)
Reason for Joining: We believe that slavery is a silly thing to wage wars over. Slavery isn't so bad as long as it is in moderation, I mean if we had a bunch of POWs who's nation wouldn't pay ransom we would sell them to others. We aren't ones to turn away profit but we also don't go around activly collecting Slaves.
Other: We support Slave trade when it involves criminals and POWs (Prisoners of War for those who don't know) otherwise no dice.

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Dinosians wrote:Name: Supreme Empire of Dinosians (Dinosians)
Slavery (y/n): kinda
Nation Category: Father Knows Best State (we prefer "Presidential Dictatorship)
Reason for Joining: We believe that slavery is a silly thing to wage wars over. Slavery isn't so bad as long as it is in moderation, I mean if we had a bunch of POWs who's nation wouldn't pay ransom we would sell them to others. We aren't ones to turn away profit but we also don't go around activly collecting Slaves.
Other: We support Slave trade when it involves criminals and POWs (Prisoners of War for those who don't know) otherwise no dice.

Thank you Dinosians. This might be minor in the long run, but in the short run people could die. There are two big alliances forming, and one's raring to go while the other is confident it can roll over them.

The madness must stop.
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Dinosians
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Indeed and we shall be the ones who go in and help the civilians rebuild after their nations blow each other to pieces. We commit only Disaster Recovery forces to this movement as we are here for the people, not to form a alliance of armies.

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Dinosians wrote:Indeed and we shall be the ones who go in and help the civilians rebuild after their nations blow each other to pieces. We commit only Disaster Recovery forces to this movement as we are here for the people, not to form a alliance of armies.

hmmm....

Though I haven't put one up, would you mind if I put what each nation is willing to do?

As in, under the list of nations, Dinosians- Disaster Recovery forces in case of war?

If not, could you suggest anything else?
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Dinosians
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Certainly this way nations can get ahold of us in times of need. We will deal with Disaster recovery and act as a nuetral zone for nations willing to end wars involving slavery.

I have orders from the Predictor himself saying so.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:00 am

Name: The Federation of Des-Bal
Slavery (y/n): Yes
Nation Category: Compulsory Consumerist
Reason for Joining: Having always benefitted from a moderate system and having found the futility of international violence being used to support 'human rights' Des-Bal hereby requests observer status.
Other: Observer Status not membership.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:43 pm

Des-Bal wrote:Name: The Federation of Des-Bal
Nation Category: Compulsory Consumerist
Reason for Joining: Having always benefitted from a moderate system and having found the futility of international violence being used to support 'human rights' Des-Bal hereby requests observer status.
Other: Observer Status not membership.

Des-Bel, you have been granted Observer Status. This means that in any meetings between the OMSA nations, you are allowed to attend. However, you may not vote on matters regarding the future of OMSA, or what it does. If you want to become a member, feel free at any time.
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:19 am

Name: United People's Totalitarian States of Aldarminia
Slavery (y/n): Neutral
Nation Category: Psychotic Dictatorship
Reason for Joining: Wishes to help stop the nearing conflicts over the slavery debate.
Other: Requests membership status and will help with recovery
Last edited by Aldarminia on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
Vrot Kaspara (Xenos included!!!)
First High Roller of the NationStates Future Tech Discord Server
Founder and Boss of the Losieda Bratva Criminal Syndicate
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 am

Aldarminia wrote:Name: United People's Totalitarian States of Aldarminia
Slavery (y/n): Neutral
Nation Category: Psychotic Dictatorship
Reason for Joining: Wishes to help stop the nearing conflicts over the slavery debate.
Other: Requests membership status and will help with recovery

Will do. Is there anything specific you can do with regards to recovery, or shall I just list as generic?
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Lovable Weirdos
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lovable Weirdos » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:27 am

Name: Lovable Weirdos
Nation Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise
Reason for Joining: We are very annoyed at the actions of some anti-slave nations against us. Our slaves chose this lifestyle, yet we have been threatened with nukes. But if you can be good people, we are willing to join and discuss these dangerous matters.
Other: none
On hiatus from these forums until 2012. Can still be contacted via telegram.

Panzerjaeger wrote:We have Hitler! Greatest Liberal Ever!

Assassinistan wrote:Does speed make you faster?

New Amerik wrote:So I'm scrolling the Internet, and it's three in the morning, and I see flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag, flag,flag, flag, and then BAM! A HORSE! And I go, "Holy Christ! That person's some kind of weirdo!"

Old Erisia wrote:wait... so its NOT normal to fire calcium carbonate hormone-filled darts into your prospective mates??

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:28 am

Lovable Weirdos wrote:Name: Lovable Weirdos
Nation Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise
Reason for Joining: We are very annoyed at the actions of some anti-slave nations against us. Our slaves chose this lifestyle, yet we have been threatened with nukes. But if you can be good people, we are willing to join and discuss these dangerous matters.
Other: none

Right on, Lovable Weirdos.
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:32 am

Our Insurgent Core can give up to 10,000 men to recovery efforts. They will be unarmed and reassigned to Humanitarian Operations. And in the unlikely case of the recovery forces being threatened, the insugents will do their best to slow the threat. This will only be done as a last resort. We will send all initial forces unarmed, so no worries.
This is FanT/PT/MT/PMT/Nightmare, you can find more Cajun Cossack Slavs IN SPACE! here:
"I dated an Aldarminian once, but when he proposed 'annexing' my 'southern border regions' I decided it might be best to break it off."
Riflemoor

'This is Tanya Zaldano, live on the street... We've just received word that Aldar's next form will be... Yes, that's right... A New Orleans Street Band. That's right - it's a street band. Live from the Big Easy and already drinking, I'm Tanya Zaldano...'
Sunset

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:46 am

((OOC-Doesn't the whole Gothic/Gholgoth war thing have a little to do with slavery?))
Riflemoor

Sunset

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:52 am

Aldarminia wrote:((OOC-Doesn't the whole Gothic/Gholgoth war thing have a little to do with slavery?))

Oddly enough, New Amerik has not heard of this war, sad to say. Could you explain it? (or link it?)
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:15 am

]ALDARMINIA CENTRAL GOVERMENT INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
Global Intelligence Report 0000940561-686

March 16, 2010 12:00 PM -6 GMT

HIGHLY ENCRYPTED WITH ALDERG 3 CODE
TO: Totalitarian Kader Redakt

Sir, it is absolutley necessary for you to read these communication transmissions. They give you all the information needed for the report.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41126
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40970[/quote]
Last edited by Aldarminia on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Riflemoor

Sunset

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:35 am

To: Totalitarian Kader Redakt
Encryption: Medium

We have done some third-party research on the Gholgoth incident, and have come to two conclusions:

1. On one, and so far the only, account of war it was resolved peacefully. We did not factor in to it, but that it did not last means it is safe for now.
2. The Gholgoth region/alliance is made up of relativily large nations from the so-called "Old Guard". Despite official warnings and attempting to hammer out peace before battle, I fear there is little we can do at this point to stop, or even deal with, the region at this point.

END MESSAGE
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Aldarminia
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aldarminia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:02 pm

To: Emperor Vasquail de Sadev
Formal Government Letter to Friendly Nation 000044-241
Encryption: Medium

I would like to personally thank you for that report. You have quieted my intelligence agency's warnings, and by doing so, got rid of an awful headache. After further research, with the help of your report, we have made conclusions similar of yours.

Signed Kader Redakt
Riflemoor

Sunset

Lonara
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lonara » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Name: The Holy Empire of Lonara
Slavery (y/n): Y
Reason for Joining: To be part of the debate, and hopefully encourage more peace and less lunacy.
Other:
Krianian Civil War: Strategic Victory
War Against Allied Amerikka: Victory
Ketrilyian Nuclear Crisis: Victory
War on West Ganicistan: Withdraw
Lonaran Civil War: Victory
Eins - Nuclear War
Swei - High Intensity Conventional War
Drei - Conventional War
Vier - Interventionary Conflict
[Funf] - Increased Tensions
Sechs - Lowest Concern

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Lonara wrote:Name: The Holy Empire of Lonara
Slavery (y/n): Y
Reason for Joining: To be part of the debate, and hopefully encourage more peace and less lunacy.
Other:

Alright! If you will just sign here.. and here... and here... nah, just kidding! Welcome to OMSA!
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:35 pm

It appears that the Mongolian Khanate is freeing some of their slaves. Would anyone from OMSA like to attend so as to keep the peace and improve goodwill between the IASEN and us? http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=5&t=41495&p=1701790#p1701790
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Dinosians
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 pm

I don't think our presence is required. Everything seems to be moving along quickly and without trouble.

Lonara
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lonara » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:37 pm

I agree. It appears that everything is going alright. I'm willing to intervene if things get messy.
Krianian Civil War: Strategic Victory
War Against Allied Amerikka: Victory
Ketrilyian Nuclear Crisis: Victory
War on West Ganicistan: Withdraw
Lonaran Civil War: Victory
Eins - Nuclear War
Swei - High Intensity Conventional War
Drei - Conventional War
Vier - Interventionary Conflict
[Funf] - Increased Tensions
Sechs - Lowest Concern

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:47 pm

That's good. Out of all the non-OMSA nations, it seems to me that the Mongolian Khanate and Des-bal are the most willing to compromise on the issue, Des-Bal's seeming magnet for anti-slavery nations against it nonetheless.
The Basics of New Amerik
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads