NATION

PASSWORD

Shroom, Magic, and Silver (Private)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Shroom, Magic, and Silver (Private)

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sat May 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Kandfeld, New Mushroom Kingdom

Aboard the large luxury passenger plane it's three important occupants were in different emotional states. The large scaled creature, it's bright red scales glistening in the sunlight coming through the windows, was in an emotional high, happy to be with his wife and finally on an important assignment as both ambassador to his homeland and as a man married into the Columbian Royal Family. The younger, twenty-something princess, like her scaled lover, was also happy, merely content that their anniversary was coming up and, as her father said, would be more 'vacation than important meetings' with their visit to their ally.
The father, on the other hand, was continuing to show the premature aging. Now in his late forties or early fifties, the youngish monarch was more worried than anything. Miraculously, through authoritarian and dictatorial rule and making damned sure the Aristocracy danced to his tune or were shot (with several having been publicly executed for treason to the Crown and Empire), he had been able to reverse the effects of the complete exhaustion of their uranium and rare earth elements. Focusing priority on beginning to make use of the massive amounts of oil in their territory, he had been able to quickly bring their markets and economy from the red to the black in a year and increase the amount of troops sent to put down the Canadian Insurgency. Now, two years after the marriage of Juvon Infernos and Abigale Foley, Paul was feeling less tense than he usually had been for the past nine years. He had finally agreed to free trade between the Columbian Empire and the New Mushroom Kingdom. However he was still worried: while he had fixed their economy for the most part, in his mind, they were still vulnerable economically. His rule was still both absolute and arbitrary as the cracks in society were still there. Anti-Draconid protesting and riots were still occurring though nowhere near as violent and seemingly constant as they had been in the summer of 2021, the year before their journey and visit to Juvon's homeland of Dyste.
The aged monarch closed his eyes and gave a small smile as he thought of the marriage. It had been a private affair with the most expensive item being the dress his daughter wore before they were married by Father Johnson. His daughter noticed this and smirked.
"The first time I've seen you smile in a while." The Columbian Princess commented.
The King's eyes flew open and he scowled at her.
"You should consider yourself lucky I didn't leave you two in Columbia where Adina and Titus are running as regents in my place. I can tell you two they would be more than happy to share their thoughts about you and your children. Speaking of who's taking care of your children."
The red creature, Juvon Infernos, Ambassador of Dyste and now Third Prince of Columbia, answered his question. His deep booming voice reverberated throughout the whole plane seemingly.
"My mother and father are. They're happy to be temporarily visiting my home and seeing their grandparents on their father's side. And, in a way, it's a win for your wife and son as well: there's for a few weeks no trace of us so they'll spend more time and energy running the nation than insulting your daughter and I."
Paul gave a curt nod before reclining in his seat, happy he could finally enjoy some luxuries as Monarch again. While he did miss his lower class farming life when things were simpler and he and Adina weren't at each other's throats as constantly as they were now, he did enjoy some of the benefits of being ruler of an Empire. The finer foods and beds were very nice and access to the best tutors for his children and grandchildren was another considerable bonus. And these fine forms of travel were something he enjoyed when he did these rare foreign visits.
The clothes were another thing. While he didn't mind getting dressed up his mind still, despite having ruled for a fair bit of time now, had a hard time accepting the fact he was the King in regards to attire. His seemingly colonial regalia was hard to imagine fitting him compared to his overalls and flannel as a midwestern farmer. The polished knee high riding boots, blue and cream shirt and jacket, black cape, and fine gold bejeweled crown were something he never would imagine wearing himself. Looking over to his daughter and son-in-law he couldn't help but admire how well their attire fitted them. His daughter's blue gown with long silk looking gloves was something he was happy to get for his eldest daughter and the seemingly exact copy of his regalia (though less regal and more formal without the various medals and blue sash) was something he imagined suited the mage well. Though, looking down, he still pondered if, as a joke, he could get the Infernos some boots to match: the constant tapping of his claws on the metal floor (his sharp claws having worn through the carpet a good three hours ago or so) was getting to him.
"And for the love of God could you PLEASE quit tapping your feet!" Foley finally shouted, a good ten minutes later, making Abigale giggle at the sight of her father's annoyance.
Juvon looked over, an apologetic look on his muzzle, and stopped, drawing his large feet back a good inch or so.
Paul nodded, leaned back, and shut his eyes, hoping to get a nap before they land ten minutes later...

tap, tap, tap
"REALLY JUVON!?"

Once their plane had landed they were made to wait on the plane while the Mushroomians arrived. Supposedly they were going to be greeted by Vince and the Secret Service, taken to greet the Emperor himself, before they departed ways for their two week stay. The Monarch would be with Vince discussing trade, alliance proposals, and other matters of state while Juvon and Abigale would be on a tour of sorts to relax and act as 'impromptu PR for our nation to the people of the NMK'. Naturally Abigale was more looking forward to spending time with her scaled husband while Juvon was as if not more excited to be seen more of the "toads" (though he privately couldn't help but continually ponder why they were called that when Shrooms, in his opinion, would be more suiting for their name) and the various trinkets and customs of this new land.
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Sun May 21, 2017 6:34 pm

(OOC: oops, forgot to tag :()
NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Embassy Request Thread NS section of my wiki-thing Questions?
DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.
There are no magic mushrooms in this nation. Seriously.

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Imperial Palace, Toad Town
Regent Vince was preparing for a very big event today - the visit of the Columbian King Foley and their companions. He had been waiting for this over the past week or so, ensuring that enough detailed plans were made, all the minisqtries and other bodies were preparing for the event and that everyone had a task to be doing to pull this off without a hitch. If it went well, relations between the NMK and the Columbian state would be improved, if it did not then it would have the opposite effect which would be very bad given their known propensity for not shying away from doing very rash, 'crazy' actions in the past.

He was currently in his office, in attendance with the Director of the Secret Service and the Minister of Foreign Affairs. He spoke to them "So gentlemen, today's the big day. We've all read the plans a million and one times so I will merely say that I hope that the Director's task of managing Columbian security goes as planned with no surprises, and that on the more formal and diplomatic front I hope that I, the Minister and their officials achieve much success during the visit. Now that I've said that, it is time for the show to begin. The Director should go to HQ and coordinate the rendezvous of me and your agents with the Columbians. Unfortunately His Imperial Majesty is unable to join us immediately but he will be leaving school early today to accomdate these events. I will be going with the Minister behind the Secret Service officials on the way to the airport. I think that's everything, let's go!".

Headquarters for His Imperial Majesty's Secret Service
Director Christopher Randall was presiding over the buzzing main hall in the Secret Service's HQ. The room was much busier than usable, with the moderately-sized dashboard on the wall tracking more people and providing more information than ever before, with this increase they found themselves more heavily leveraging the Secret Police's technologies and methods. The Director himself was to be personally responsible for managing the security of the Emperor, Regent and King while his deputies and other officials managed the other people involved and any additional general security work. He watched as the convoy with the Regent and Minister at the back and Secret Service cars at the front proceeded towards the airport. He smiled.
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

DEFCON 5. Never forget Z-Day. 1/4/13. 'Corporate Police State' fits just as well as the actual WA category.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Kandfeld, New Mushroom Kingdom

As they waited in the airport, Foley and his family (and some of the other delegates including the new Ambassador Benjamin Jeffries) were seated in the airport, a sight for some of the citizens and other tourists who were surprised to see them waiting. As they waited Foley and the delegation began to talk amongst themselves, with Abigale and Juvon mostly seated by themselves. Sure, officially, Juvon was a prince, but still resentment and discrimination against Draconids, despite being protected by law (even if it only was for the ones in the Dystan Embassy) existed. Though that wasn't to say ALL Columbians hated Draconids. Still, they weren't very popular, though it died down recently with the economy improving and shared resentment of rebellion. All it took was Foley labeling all Anti-Draconids rebels for it to become an unpopular view to hold.

Once the convoy arrived Foley, Abigale, Jeffries, and Juvon took the rear most limo while the delegation took up the other limos. Once seated Foley smiled when he saw the Mushroomian regnant.
"Christ you've no idea how good it is to see you, Vince." The High King said, his brown eyes lighting up in happiness.
Juvon, meanwhile, smiled seeing the Regnent. He, like his parents and other staff, were happy to hear that relations between Dyste and the NMK were doing well. Compared to Columbia, the NMK was seen as a bastion of tolerance and progress. The Columbians, while technologically advanced, had been viewed as very primitive in their views on certain things, especially magic. Juvon, while friendly with Paul, was less than pleased to deal with his wife Adina, who was a reactionary of the most extreme degree. Especially with her having formed and run the Holy Columbian Inquisition, who hunted down and killed any mages in Columbia.
However he didn't wish to focus on that. This was an anniversary present of sorts from his Father-In-Law, and he wished to make the most of it with his dearly beloved Abigale.
_[' ]_

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:37 pm

New United States of Columbia wrote:Kandfeld, New Mushroom Kingdom

As they waited in the airport, Foley and his family (and some of the other delegates including the new Ambassador Benjamin Jeffries) were seated in the airport, a sight for some of the citizens and other tourists who were surprised to see them waiting. As they waited Foley and the delegation began to talk amongst themselves, with Abigale and Juvon mostly seated by themselves. Sure, officially, Juvon was a prince, but still resentment and discrimination against Draconids, despite being protected by law (even if it only was for the ones in the Dystan Embassy) existed. Though that wasn't to say ALL Columbians hated Draconids. Still, they weren't very popular, though it died down recently with the economy improving and shared resentment of rebellion. All it took was Foley labeling all Anti-Draconids rebels for it to become an unpopular view to hold.

Once the convoy arrived Foley, Abigale, Jeffries, and Juvon took the rear most limo while the delegation took up the other limos. Once seated Foley smiled when he saw the Mushroomian regnant.
"Christ you've no idea how good it is to see you, Vince." The High King said, his brown eyes lighting up in happiness.
Juvon, meanwhile, smiled seeing the Regnent. He, like his parents and other staff, were happy to hear that relations between Dyste and the NMK were doing well. Compared to Columbia, the NMK was seen as a bastion of tolerance and progress. The Columbians, while technologically advanced, had been viewed as very primitive in their views on certain things, especially magic. Juvon, while friendly with Paul, was less than pleased to deal with his wife Adina, who was a reactionary of the most extreme degree. Especially with her having formed and run the Holy Columbian Inquisition, who hunted down and killed any mages in Columbia.
However he didn't wish to focus on that. This was an anniversary present of sorts from his Father-In-Law, and he wished to make the most of it with his dearly beloved Abigale.

Vince was surprised that the Columbian party had managed to beat them to their own international airport. It seems either they set off (or arrived) early or flying to Kandfeld took less time than originally predicted. It wasn't a big matter, but it was surprising nonetheless. It had been a while since the two leaders had last met in person, and he was looking forward still to the rest of the trip.

Obviously, they had been following Columbian events for quite some time - The expected high levels of xenophobia and dislike of the non-human Dystan was observed to slowly, over time decrease and this was very pleasing news to the diplomatic staff, as well as Vince personally. He still thought there was much progress to be done, but views of a large, broad nation are very difficult to change and they did not have the historical opportunity to encounter and be tolerant of anything that wasn't a regular human being, so they couldn't exactly be blamed for that. Internal opinions and views about Adina's Inquisition were more divided. The general consensus was that it was a good idea to find all magic users and bring them into custody to counter the unpredictability and power of magic, a significant number of people did not think killing them was the right choice. A popular view in the Ministry of Defense was that the Inquisition was a missed opportunity to have some very unique military personnel, while others believed containment or monitoring would be better than mass murder.

As he stepped out of the limo he saw Foley smile at him, obviously he was as happy as he was at the moment. He walked up to him and smiled even more. "Hello, Foley. It has been a good while since we met, I've been keeping track of what's happened since then. It pleasures me to welcome you to the glorious shroom empire that is the New Mushroom Kingdom. Shall we properly begin this visit?"
Last edited by New Mushroom Kingdom on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:21 am

Foley was obviously overjoyed to see the Regent, who could easily tell that with how strong his grip was and how fast the High King shook his hand. Juvon grinned, attempting to try and not show his teeth in case he accidentally scared these ‘Mushroomians’ (he still though the name silly as the Toads weren’t even called that at all). Abigale merely curtsied and greeted Vince as if he were Emperor Napoleon himself. Jeffries, in the meantime, was busy introducing himself to the rest of the staff Vince brought with him, seeing as he planned to be in the NMK for a while even after the Royal Retinue had left.
“So,” Paul said after everyone had finished greeting each other and begun to set off for the Imperial Palace “I take it things have gone well for the Kingdom? I confess, while things are improving, they aren’t quite what I’d hoped they’d be back in Columbia.”
Juvon, meanwhile, was clearly enjoying Abigale’s cuddling a bit too much. As he enjoyed the feeling of her soft skin pressing against his neck scales, he remembered a question he had.
“Your Excellency,” he began, sitting up and having his horns scrap agains the roof of the limo, “may I ask if you’d have any areas you wish for my darling Abigaile and I to visit? A goodwill tour, of sorts, that’ll show Columbia is slowly becoming a more modern, liberal, and tolerant Empire."
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_[' ]_

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:43 pm

New United States of Columbia wrote:Foley was obviously overjoyed to see the Regent, who could easily tell that with how strong his grip was and how fast the High King shook his hand. Juvon grinned, attempting to try and not show his teeth in case he accidentally scared these ‘Mushroomians’ (he still though the name silly as the Toads weren’t even called that at all). Abigale merely curtsied and greeted Vince as if he were Emperor Napoleon himself. Jeffries, in the meantime, was busy introducing himself to the rest of the staff Vince brought with him, seeing as he planned to be in the NMK for a while even after the Royal Retinue had left.
“So,” Paul said after everyone had finished greeting each other and begun to set off for the Imperial Palace “I take it things have gone well for the Kingdom? I confess, while things are improving, they aren’t quite what I’d hoped they’d be back in Columbia.”
Juvon, meanwhile, was clearly enjoying Abigale’s cuddling a bit too much. As he enjoyed the feeling of her soft skin pressing against his neck scales, he remembered a question he had.
“Your Excellency,” he began, sitting up and having his horns scrap agains the roof of the limo, “may I ask if you’d have any areas you wish for my darling Abigaile and I to visit? A goodwill tour, of sorts, that’ll show Columbia is slowly becoming a more modern, liberal, and tolerant Empire."

Vince responded "Well, nothing particularly interesting has happened recently. We received news of a previously unknown nation falling but that's to be discussed at a different time rather than now. Would be much more appropriate then. By the way, despite being in a car at the moment, we don't have to drive all the way to the Imperial Palace. From the old Mushroom Kingdom we inherited the warp pipe technology which is extremely useful as a national, personal transportation system. Utility is low for bulk transport, and you have to be able to fit through the pipes so you don't get the stupidity of having a tank go through them. There's also that you can only travel to the locations of other warp pipes, but the fast internal speed more than makes up for that." He took a few minutes breather, letting that sink in. After that, he resumed explaining to the others: "If any of you find it interesting, we're still not out of Kandfeld so there should be one near by. I'd certainly recommend it at some point, if not now. As for places to go, there are some that do come to mind but it's much easier to plan when we've arrived at the capital."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Foley’s face fell upon hearing of the warp pipes. Not so much out of annoyance or anger. Mainly confusion.
“Warp... pipes?” he repeated to himself slowly. He leaned back in his seat, his bright hazelnut eyes illuminated in thought.
Abigale’s face light up. She’d been talking a lot with Juvon and had learned some of Dyste’s magic. Not how to use it but more how it worked.
“Sounds like teleportation. Like that device you’ve got the OSI,“ she began before quickly adding in for Vince “Office of Science and Information, to teleport troops and supplies.”
Juvon nodded.
“Teleportation is actually rather simple to learn. Just hard to use. Bahamut knows you seem to never get used to the sensation of teleportation.”
“Don’t remind me.” Paul growled, remembering how “Teleport Sick” he became in Dyste when he last visited to see Juvon’s parents. Grimacing he tried to return the subject to Vince’s offer.
“Well, if you say it’ll be quicker, I suppose I could give this Warp Pipe,” he slowed, thinking of how rather silly the thing sounded "a try. Though I’d much rather stick to the car but Lord knows I’ll be outvoted by my family..."
_[' ]_

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Vince nodded and said "You have made the right choice, let me tell you." before gesturing to the driver to stop at the nearest warp pipe. A few minutes later, the limo slowed down to a complete stop and it was evidently time for everyone to get out. Once everyone did that, they took a slow walk towards the Warp Pipe, and as they came close to it Vince signaled that it was time to stop and pause for a minute. He said "Right, before we actually do this let me explain some things. After I select the destination, everyone will enter the pipe by jumping into the dark, black area that's inside of the green pipe. The Secret Service will go first, followed by the rest of us. Secondly, this is very much not teleportation. Having teleportation would be extremely useful, but this is merely very fast transportation. While you may consciously perceive the experience as being a few minutes or less, when we come out the other end ten to twenty minutes will have passed. Unlike other similar forms, this is unlikely to generate any specific teleportation sense or even disorientation." He paused to let everyone digest this information.

While the others doing that, Vince crouched down and pressed a number of buttons located on a panel situated on the lower front of the Warp Pipe (at least from their perspective) that were used to select the destination pipe to emerge from. To kill two birds with one stone, he deliberately selected a pipe very near to Napoleon's school so they could save time and effort by picking him up themselves. It'd also be less crowded and busy than the more obvious choice of the big pipe in the heart of Toad Town. At this point he also suddenly wondered if Juvon could actually fit into it. He thought he would, given his visible size but wasn't certain and didn't wish worry him. The original design specifications were intended for Toad, Yoshi and human use only but were somewhat flexible, so it would most likely not be a problem. After this had done, he turned back to the group and spoke once more, saying "To get things started and as a demonstration, a couple Secret Service agents will enter the pipe" and they took at as they take a brisk walk up to the pipe, got on top of it and then jumped in. Vince signalled to the rest that it was time to go, and decided to wait until everyone else had gone before he went in.
Last edited by New Mushroom Kingdom on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:52 pm

The limo stopped and they slowly trod up to the large green pipe. Juvon looked rather interested seeing it, muttering something about it bering a potentially primitive form of teleportation not unlike the massive teleporters Columbia was investing into (for military reasons, obviously). As Vince explained it to them Foley gave a rather nervous look at it, wondering what was going to happen.
“So we’re stopping at Napoleons school?” Abigale asked, still nuzzling up with Juvon “Hope we aren’t disturbing his class.”
“I think that’s the least of my worries,” Paul muttered to himself as he watched the Secret Service agents jump into the warp pipe. Vince gestured for them to head up to the pipe. Paul went first, looked down into it, and quickly backed away. Juvon sighed.
“Your Maj-Foley,” the Fire Draconid quickly corrected himself “I’ll be right behind you. Just... count to ten and the three of us could go down together, alright?”
Foley, color returning to his face, nodded and slowly stepped forward. He counted but, when he reached six, Juvon pushed him into the pipe before the King could back out. As he moved Abigale (who was positively child like in size compared to his nine feet tall frame) to be in front of him, and wrapped his arms, tail, and wings around her, they could hear Foley curse at Juvon as he screamed and went down the pipe.
“I’ll make sure nothing bad happens to you, Abbie.” Juno’s deep voice rumbled.
The two then jumped into the pipe together and soon, in a minutes time, reappeared at the school, looking none the worse for wear while their father/father-in-law looked like he had gotten seasick. Abigale laughed and Juvon grinned at the humorous sight. Naturally Foley glared at them before he flopped onto the grass, hoping he could get some rest before “returning to that infernal pipe”.
_[' ]_

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Vince heard what Abigale had said and was instantly surprised - He hadn't said anything about the destination and he did not think they could decipher exactly which buttons did what. He finished doing everything and then they all jumped into the pipe in turn. He wasn't surprised to hear Juvon reasssuring Abigale and Foley cursing at him for whatever reason - He neither knew what it was and didn't particularly care.

Anyway, they soon emerged from the other side of the pipe, being greeted by the same agents as had just passed through when they did. He was happy when Foley said he wanted a break, because they meant he could speak some more. The only thing of note was Foley's pretty extreme reaction to the pipe - his body or his mind clearly didn't like it which was surprising given that previous Capilean visitors hadn't had anyt major effects at all. It started when he glanced over at Foley and said "Take all the time you need, please. I do say that your reaction's surprising. First person that's happened to, even though the Capilean Grand Duke didn't seem to mind pipe travel."

Afterwards, he spoke more clearly to everyone "Three things of note. The first is that anyone who has breathing problems or anything like that may want to go back. NMK land naturally has a higher concentration of airborne fungal material than anywhere else, especially in densely populated locations such as this one. Other than that it's entirely harmless and people adapt to not even noticing it. Secondly, I am pleasured to welcome all of you to the capital that is Toad Town. Or at least this part of it. Finally, you may find small amounts of Yoshi poop here and there, most likely on the edges. I don't imagine you want to step in it on purpose."

With all said and done, he walked up to Abigale and Juvon, and quietly whispered the following: "I am rather surprised you knew what I was doing. Was it just luck, knowledge or magic? Perhaps telepathy?. I didn't give any hints about specifically we were going, and I doubt you already have to knowledge to know what each button means. It'd be very nice to find out what the reason was."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Foley nodded before sitting on the grass, clutching his chest. He didn’t quite like what he experienced, whatever it was. As he tried to regain his breath, he listened to Vince’s notes and took a mental to note to avoid Yoshi poop... whatever that looked like.

After he gave the notes the Ambassador, King, Princess, and Mage-In-Law nodded and followed Vince. Before they did so, Abigale was asked how she knew about Napoleon’s school.
“Lucky guess. Plus it’s a school day, isn’t it?”
Juvon smirked.
“I’d joke about it being telepathy but that’s not how it works. Where I’m from you need to be physically touching the person who’s mind you wish to read and, for the sake of avoiding learning something they wish you to not learn, their permission. That’s not to say some don’t use it for evil means but we try to weed them out before lessons begin."
_[' ]_

New Mushroom Kingdom
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby New Mushroom Kingdom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

New United States of Columbia wrote:Foley nodded before sitting on the grass, clutching his chest. He didn’t quite like what he experienced, whatever it was. As he tried to regain his breath, he listened to Vince’s notes and took a mental to note to avoid Yoshi poop... whatever that looked like.

After he gave the notes the Ambassador, King, Princess, and Mage-In-Law nodded and followed Vince. Before they did so, Abigale was asked how she knew about Napoleon’s school.
“Lucky guess. Plus it’s a school day, isn’t it?”
Juvon smirked.
“I’d joke about it being telepathy but that’s not how it works. Where I’m from you need to be physically touching the person who’s mind you wish to read and, for the sake of avoiding learning something they wish you to not learn, their permission. That’s not to say some don’t use it for evil means but we try to weed them out before lessons begin."

Vince's was not very surprised at what Juvon said and responded "It is indeed a lucky guess, and I'm not surprised at those requirements. I think it's time to get on then" and then began to walk towards the road, gesturing for the others to follow them. The school was just across the road and about 10ish minutes down the street.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Mutually agreeing now was the time to get moving before they delayed their objectives any longer, the strange Columbian entourage followed Vince to the school, dodging Yoshi poop when found. Around the halfway mark, Paul asked Vince a few questions regarding their meeting (What do you propose for potential trade deals? Has the New Mushroom Kingdom made any advances with relations to the Draconid Monarchy of Dyste? Is it difficult juggling friendship with Dyste and Capile? Is there any technology the NMK would be interested in sharing with the Columbian Empire?). While her father was incessantly talking with the Regnant, Abigale looked at Jefferies who seemed to eye Juvon with concern. She sighed, apparently even several years after their marriage and his brave service during Stahl’s Uprising and against the Tundran Insurrection, Columbia still distrusted their newfound Draconic allies.
_[' ]_

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents