NATION

PASSWORD

An Embassy Gala(Open to Greater Dienstad)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Sun May 28, 2017 10:37 pm

Simon Suttra slowly traversed through the room listening and observing. Simon made a quick stop by the bar, where he picked up his second drink for the night, and lazily wandered to get a batter hearing vantage point. One that that was particularly fascinating about this event, was that it was so dynamic! People from so many different countries had the opportunity to talk about all sorts of life and diplomacy. There was so much to learn; so much to be overheard, so much to observe. So that is what Simon did. Taking from the days of old when he could pick up someone’s chatter from the other side of a crowded ships mess hall, Simon was currently listening in on the exotic Harvey Hershey and the Nifonese delegate converse. Would there be anything new to learn today?
The Supernation of the Republic of Vectors. factbook for more details.

Top 0.1% for world's largest defense force (164th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's largest arms manufacturing sector (312th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's safest (315th in the world)

Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon May 29, 2017 8:47 am

Kennedy smiled politely and wondered off to look for someone else to talk too. She finished her drink and sighed getting another one.
Her eyes wondered until they landed on Simon Suttra. The man was a representative from the Republic of Vectors. The nation was only a short distance from the Timocratic Republic and was hi on the list of nations the State Department wanted too establish friendly relations with. And so her objective was clear.
She strode over putting on her best winning smile
"Good evening Mr. Suttra. I am Ambassador Bridget Kennedy from the Timocratic Republic. It is wonderful to meet you. Despite our closeness on the map our nation don't seem to have close relations at all. Funny don't you think?"
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Cardinal Dellarei accepted the handshake he had been proffered. Handshakes served him as well as anything else, and being outside of Delmonte where any number of lips may grace his hand was welcome in many ways.

"Sir, there's not a Villa I don't want to visit. If you extend an invitation, I will, of course, accept." The Cardinal sarcastically put a hand over his badge of office, "The sorry duties as a Shepherd of Christ are, on occasion, too much for a frail man such as myself. Sometimes so violent am I in my prayer and contrition that I lose hours or days to the Lord our God. A vacation can be just what I need to revive myself with... renewed piety and conviction."

Rivolinni cleared his throat and cast a nervous glance for the alcohol that had just been ordered. Whenever a Delmontese cleric began speaking of prayer and contrition, it was almost universally followed by large quantities of alcohol and money changing hands. He would be loathe to violate an esteemed tradition such as the pecuniary and alcoholic nature of Church Office in the Most Serene Republic.

The Cardinal-Bishop carried on unabated, however. "It is very interesting to me that you note that... you're not quite certain of the properties you have in Delmonte or, indeed, whether or not there are any to begin with. There is something... very profound, very useful about not recollecting where certain 'revenue streams' come and go. For instance, perhaps someone, maybe someone from Delmonte, deposits money with one of your institutions. And so flawed is human memory that, upon seeing it, who is to say that it was not deposited by someone else for their own use? Could you foresee something like that happening? Perhaps with some consistency."

The alcohol had arrived. Dellarei graciously accepted the pomace wine that had been ordered for him.

"I generally don't drink wine made from pomace, but I'll make an exception seeing as you recommend it. Shall we toast? Perhaps we can drink to forgetfulness?"
Last edited by Delmonte on Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Mon May 29, 2017 3:58 pm

With a flourish of suit and hands, Simon Suttra spun around to meet the new subject of interest face to face.
"Good day M'Lady!" Ambassador Suttra replied upon being approached by the amicable Ambassador Kennedy. "I am Ambassador Simon Suttra, of the Republic of Vectors." Simon bowed slightly during the introduction, and a polite handshake followed.
"You know, it is funny. We have relations with nations across the globe, but not right next door." The Vectorian eyed Kennedy's newly acquired drink. "To better relations!" Simon lifted his glass in a toast with the Timocratic Republic's ambassador.

After the short toast, Simon started;
"Tell me, Ambassador, does the Timocratic Republic have an embassy program? The Republic of Vectors is quite willing to open this door."

Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon May 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Kennedy smiled and raised her drink as well.
"To better relations!!" She declares with equal enthusiasm before taking a gulp and smiling.
"Of course we have such a program. Though it is quite young like our nation. We are very enthusiastic and eager abut spreading ourselves around though. Always looking to meet new people and establish relations with others. It is surprising that your nation managed to slip through the crack, somehow but that is not surprising."
She says looking at Simon still smiling sweetly.
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

The Northern Cascades
Lobbyist

Founded: May 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northern Cascades » Mon May 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Holy Marsh wrote:Ah yes, crime-free. It was always wonderful to hear nations say such things. It was never really true, of course, no matter what a nation could claim. By most outside observers' notions of crimes and law enforcement, 'crime in the Grand Theocracy is totally unknown'. Foolish saying, that. There were murders, assaults rapes, property theft and the like every day, somewhere, in the Theocracy. The fact that murders could be counted in the hundreds in a nation of more than twenty billion in an annual basis was what gave such statistics their outrageous accuracy while still being, at a base, inaccurate. Beyond that, it was good to see priorities straight. If he heard one more nation lead with ideology, he'd kill a penguin.

She asked about the appearance, and he was happy to oblige. "Ah, yes. Recent events. All members of the Faith have their blood records attached to our international Church Medical Service, for ease of patient care. Due to a techno-arcane disaster, everyone who had been using this system underwent dramatic and immediate genetic and hormonal changes. The men, of course, underwent the most dramatic change. Even though the appearance of our women are unaffected, they carry the same effects- future males will be like this," he said, waving to himself. A waiter passed by. He grabbed a drink. "It has annoyed some. The Theocracy as a whole, however, has little time for such concerns."

Suvorov nods with a blank expression. "So, you still have male genitalia? That is unfortunate, my Empress was hoping the change had been more physical and less hormonal."

She doesn't seem to realize that is rude or in any way a strange thing to say, and immediately continues, "Tell me about yourself, and your nation, otherwise."

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Mon May 29, 2017 11:20 pm

Patrick OConnor
“I am quite glad to hear. When I return to the embassy, I will see to it that the proper channels make the application.” Simon Suttra replied. “And of course there is no blame. Vectors is as much to blame for the miss as the Timocratic. Just an unlucky coincidence.” Ambassador Suttra remarked offhand. “Now do inform me, if you are able, you claim to be a young nation. What roots sprouted into the Timocratic that we know today?

Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue May 30, 2017 8:49 am

Still smiling Kennedy swirls drink around in her glass
"Well...It was not roots but it was fire. The fires of war. Before the Timocratic Republic there was the Federated States of Merica. It was a nice country at first but slowly went down hill over the years until eventually it came apart completely when some politician and corrupt generals tried to seize power and people rejected it and everything came apart and a messy Civil War was started. Out of those fires the Timocratic Republic emerged. And then started to rebuild and the rebuilding was nearly finished and then we sufferred through the Rebellion, which while shorter was worse than the Civil War in some respects. It was lead by remnants that previously tried to take over the country and managed to escape. But they lost and we began rebuilding a new. It is apt to say we were born in war and discovered our purpose there."
IATA Member

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Tue May 30, 2017 10:31 am

Patrick OConnor

Simon had a lost look on his face as he gazed past Kennedy, reminiscing on his days sin the service. “Ah, a shame. A story all too familiar. Though if there is any place to truly find yourself, it is in the forges of war, in the face of death. Thank you for sharing.” Simon came back to the present and took a strong gulp of his drink.

“Tell me, Ambassador Kennedy, what are the Timocratic’s goals and needs? I am certain that the Republic of Vectors and the Timocratic Republic, can have great lengths of cooperation and support. Does the Timocratic seek to be a dominating power? Does the Timocratic seek to be a secretive powerhouse? What is your end game, Ambassador. For we can help get you there.”

Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue May 30, 2017 10:49 am

Kennedy snorts at Simon
"Really now do expect me to suddenly divulge all of counties deepest darkest secrets and plan to someone who I only just met? What kind of a diplomat would I be then? Well I guess I can share that which is common knowledge with you."
She says grinning broadly as she takes another sip from her drink
"We simply want to be respected, feared if we cannot get that. We have a slim chance at becoming some short of regional power but it is to slim and we are a pragmatic bunch in the end and know that such a goal is out of our reach and will be for a long time. So we will settle for being respected. We seek friends among other nations. We also seek conflict. Those two wars are awakened something within our people. We love war and seek it out. That is why we hire ourselves out, it is never about the money, though it is nice. So if you need someone fought remember us. We seek trade as well. Due to conditions and policy back home we are forced to import raw materials we need for our factories to build and create. Those are our goals and needs."
IATA Member

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Tue May 30, 2017 11:24 am

Ambassador Suttra suppressed a flare of annoyance at Kennedys short quip, though it undoubtedly showed for a microsecond on his face.
“Ambassador, I never asked for any secrets. I am thoroughly interested in learning more about your nation, but I would not be so bold as to ask for secrets. The Republic always find them out in other ways.” After a pause to listen to Kennedy's next part, Simon continued;
“Ah, the dreams of every nation.” Suttra remarked. I look forward to working with the Timocratic Republic further to meet both of our goals."
Last edited by Republic of Vectors on Tue May 30, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Embassy Program

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Tue May 30, 2017 4:04 pm

The Northern Cascades wrote:
Holy Marsh wrote:Ah yes, crime-free. It was always wonderful to hear nations say such things. It was never really true, of course, no matter what a nation could claim. By most outside observers' notions of crimes and law enforcement, 'crime in the Grand Theocracy is totally unknown'. Foolish saying, that. There were murders, assaults rapes, property theft and the like every day, somewhere, in the Theocracy. The fact that murders could be counted in the hundreds in a nation of more than twenty billion in an annual basis was what gave such statistics their outrageous accuracy while still being, at a base, inaccurate. Beyond that, it was good to see priorities straight. If he heard one more nation lead with ideology, he'd kill a penguin.

She asked about the appearance, and he was happy to oblige. "Ah, yes. Recent events. All members of the Faith have their blood records attached to our international Church Medical Service, for ease of patient care. Due to a techno-arcane disaster, everyone who had been using this system underwent dramatic and immediate genetic and hormonal changes. The men, of course, underwent the most dramatic change. Even though the appearance of our women are unaffected, they carry the same effects- future males will be like this," he said, waving to himself. A waiter passed by. He grabbed a drink. "It has annoyed some. The Theocracy as a whole, however, has little time for such concerns."

Suvorov nods with a blank expression. "So, you still have male genitalia? That is unfortunate, my Empress was hoping the change had been more physical and less hormonal."

She doesn't seem to realize that is rude or in any way a strange thing to say, and immediately continues, "Tell me about yourself, and your nation, otherwise."

Stan nodded, not perturbed at the question. Marshites were known for their bluntness as well. "Yes. A great many are likely considering undergoing further operations to align their sex with this gender representation, but it doesn't quite matter either way. The children will be born regardless of their decisions. The Theocracy," he started, answering her question, unasked and asked alike, "has had complete and total gender equality for over five thousand years. Same for the rights of the homosexual and transsexual, the bisexual and the pansexual, and all things in between. Sapient species rights, anti-slavery, freedom of will and choice, freedom of Marshite religious expression. All of these things are the foundation of Marshite Basic Rights.

These rights are granted to us by the Most Holy Marsh in the Fist Scripture by the Prophet A'jarina, Holy Word Hers Now and Forever. If you so desired, I could spend several dozen hours telling you about our faith. But to put it simply, there are over fifty Shrines- or verified and approved interpretations of the First Scripture, which is written in a mostly dead language. Some believe that the Holiest we can be is by being Warriors, others Scientists, others that Non-Humans are the Chosen. Some believe it is Men- others, and currently one of the fastest growing thanks to The Shift, is that Females are the Chosen People. Depending on the Shrine you belong to, laws are different. What is law in one Shrine is different in another. They are kept together by Marshite Basic Rights, and coming to a sense of Epiphany and changing to a Shrine that makes you happy is protected and encouraged.

I would call our religion perhaps the most pleasant that has ever existed and obviously the One True Path. But our history has been darker than we had hoped, eclipsed only by the light of our faith. We shared the land we call home with the Cult of the Vile Lard, an apocalyptic death religion that waged an incessant war of annihilation against all life. For two thousand years we endured their ceaseless war machinations. We became a well-oiled and constantly used war machine. Centuries of war and of conflict with staggering casualties common and expected. The Theocracy was forced to control every aspect of society in order to ensure continued production for the war effort, both of machine and blood. Just a few years ago we finally subdued them and slaughtered them to the last- at least there. Some escaped and have set up in other nations. We hunt them still.

The result is that the Theocracy still controls all aspects of society, to the benefit of all. We provide education and housing, food and clothing, medical and communications. In return, the Faithful learn and work, build and mine, fight and win glory for all, and with what money they have after taxes, spend it wisely. It is a wonderful system all should adopt. It is better than being defined by ideology. We do not care what ideology a nation preaches. We find that not at all helpful and idiotic as fuck. There are democracies that deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth and communists who deserve protection. Actions define a nation, not their ideological claims.

As for me, I am a simple cord of a greater muscle. I fought and killed, nearly died and was reborn into bloody skies and broken air in the tumult and the walking death that was the 899th Mushanian Extinction Campaign. Since the I have served at the behest of Grand Praetor Chancell of the Fortress Shrine of St. Husky, and seconded to the Diplomatic Corp naught but a year ago."

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Kayla Approaching the Timocratic Plenipotentiary

Postby Yohannes » Wed May 31, 2017 12:33 am

Kayla observed the plenipotentiary of the Timocratic Republic. It was only recently that she herself had been appointed as temporary minister plenipotentiary in that nation, overseeing the capital export of over 270 billions in NationStates or Universal Standard Dollars currency. Thousands of capital ships and merchant vessels had since then been built and commissioned, with countless machinery, factories, centres of industry and trade founded and running, all seen by observers around the realm of Patrick O'Conner. The northern highlands and blood sea regions, to be more specific. Fascinating, the Timocratic Republic. Um, as far as I can tell, for all intents and purposes, it is a constitutional republic with a twist of military tradition. The state legislated imposition of compulsory military service for six years before having the right to hold office. Or enter politics. Pretty harsh they are, though not for me to decide it must be. Ugh.

She went right outside her space and comfort zone, to the surrounding of the Timocratic plenipotentiary, where there was one ambassador for every three tiles of the floor. There she sidestepped a tall and bearded man, pretended not to notice the beckoning of a small, determined beaky lady, and churlishly made her way to meet the Timocratic ambassador. Facial expression, relaxed. Must be smiling. Okay. You got this, Kayla. She saw that the lady had finished her drink. Kayla stopped. The Timocratic ambassador approached a man standing just before her. From his complexion and way of dress, I am sure that that is the ambassador of Republican Vectors. Another commercial and trading partner of Yohannes. I am of the opinion that this situation is one of good fortune. I daresay.

She waited until the end of their conversation. It did not take long for the opportunity to present itself, and her moment was then and there. “It is a pleasure to finally be acquainted with you, and to stand in your presence, Your Excellency”, Kayla curtsied.
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed May 31, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Wed May 31, 2017 12:53 am

Ambassidor Kennedy turned and looked at the new arrival and smiled a genuine smile for once.
"AHH!! Kayla it is so good to see you here. Tell me how have things been back home in the Republic? How is everyone? What are you doing here by the way?"
While speaking Kennedy replaces her now empty glass and snatches anther one from a passing waiter.
"Oh where are my manners. How are you doing and how is you home? Everything well I trust?"
IATA Member

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Wed May 31, 2017 6:49 am

Refusing to return the salute, the ambassador decided to answer some of the unspoken questions that the young Ralkovian diplomat was obviously asking herself. "Greetings, I am Ambassador Laura Rosenthal from the Free Republic of Lamoni. What is your name?" Laura wasn't asking the question because she needed it answered, but because it might get the younger Ralkovian to actually speak, the fact that the younger woman was blushing meant that even she knew that the manner in which he was acting around the Lamonian ambassador could be considered rude.

There had been a time when Laura had actually been interested in the Ralkovian Empire, and everything to do with it. It was only natural to be interested in one's heritage, after all. But, when she had learned about how the Emperor treated the houses and clans, how the Ralkovians kept slaves against their will to do the things that the Ralkovians did not want to do, the things that happened to slaves in Ralkovia, all of that interest started to vanish, being replaced with disgust as her Lamonian upbringing and the principles that came with it rebelled against the institutions in the Ralkovian Empire which would allow slavery to occur. Though her diplomatic training allowed her to keep her disdain for the Ralkovian system behind a remarkable poker face, it was still there. Though the ambassador would accept whatever came of this meeting as win, she knew that such a meeting would have happened eventually at this gala, and that it was better to seek it out, rather than let it come to her. Besides, this way she had gotten the momentary added amusement of making a junior Ralkovian diplomat go blank with total confusion, childish though it might be. Laura decided that she wouldn't exactly rush this meeting along, but she would seek out the delegation from Havensky after she was done with the Ralkovians. Not only did Havensky pique the interest of the Free Republic for being a relatively sane government in the midst of Gholgoth, but it was also one with whom the Free Republic had no diplomatic or commercial ties with. This was something that Laura hoped that she would be able to fix tonight.
Last edited by Lamoni on Wed May 31, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Kayla, Kennedy, and Rosenthal

Postby Yohannes » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Patrick OConner wrote:Ambassidor Kennedy turned and looked at the new arrival and smiled a genuine smile for once.

Kayla hoped that her symbolic act did touch the heart of the ambassador. The art of curtsy was never something she took very well to heart. My lady here looked a bit drunk. Kayla was hopeful. The lack of sobriety never went along with sensibility, and that would help her cause.

Patrick OConner wrote:"AHH!! Kayla it is so good to see you here.

She remembered my presence...?

Um, okay. Wow, she's cool, after all. At least she's not going to be all formal and statesman-reserved-like, like that cunning looking Rosenthal. Or ideologically brainwashed, like the Nifonese. Or downright mad... like the Scandinvan. Ugh.

Patrick OConner wrote:Tell me how have things been back home in the Republic?

“The Lord of Generosity has been good to me, Your Excellency. I have been granted, within my estate, the addition of five acres of farmland, seven oak forest assets, and three villages to go along with it.”

“I am further delighted to know that Your Excellency had remembered my country of origin. The Free State of Treno, one of nineteen countries in Yohannes, and uniquely one of three republics without sovereign lords. Not many minister plenipotentiaries could remember that fact, but Your Excellency do remember very well.”

“The Lord Chancellor and Lady Queen had been very well pleased by my work in your gracious land. It is only to the good will of your government that I am smiling here, before you.”

Kayla made a second curtsy. This time it was softer, and less pronounced.

Patrick OConner wrote:How is everyone? What are you doing here by the way?"

“Dear Father Temuera Williams, Honourable Knight and Dragon of the realm, has been good to me. And mother too. I am very well pleased that you would remember Father, Your Excellency.”

“Father spoke about your presence, during negotiation with your government. Mother was very well pleased with your presence during the Lady Queen's state visit.”

Patrick OConner wrote:While speaking Kennedy replaces her now empty glass and snatches anther one from a passing waiter.

She is drunk. Aha.

Patrick OConner wrote:"Oh where are my manners.

Kayla grinned.

Patrick OConner wrote:How are you doing and how is you home? Everything well I trust?"

“Very well, thank you Your Excellency...”

“May I show you around the block? I would like to introduce you to one of my counterparts. She represented a government that was once one of our closest allied states. However, after the policy of isolation and neutrality, imposed by the parliament, our governments have come to grow more distant by the days, and years.”

Rosenthal would not expect this. All the better. The best way to sum up someone well is to engage with her or him together with another person. That way, I can learn about Kennedy, and learn about Rosenthal at the same time. Um, yeah. Aha.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Potthan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Potthan » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:07 pm

"More foreigners I see" Jericho mumbled to himself before laying eyes upon Ambassador Sutra of the Vectors. "Greetings ambassador, I am Emperor Jericho hailing from Potthan. It's a pleasure to meet you." Jericho said stroking his beard. "What brings you here?" asked Jericho.
Baka Noime za Potthan (Grand Empire of Potthan)
Population: 33,974,700
Capital: Agadesh
Economy: Firearms, uranium, oil, slavery, pearls, gold.
Language: Potthani
Leader: Emperor Jericho III
Government type: Fascist Monarchy
Economy type: State corporations
Religion: Pagan; Potthani Mythology
Major political parties: Imperial Potthani Senate, Potthani Supremacy Party, Potthani Fascist Alliance, Senate of the Emperor
National Anthem: Habu Tze Nagat Zvebe (With him I'm safe)

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Potthan wrote:"More foreigners I see" Jericho mumbled to himself before laying eyes upon Ambassador Sutra of the Vectors. "Greetings ambassador, I am Emperor Jericho hailing from Potthan. It's a pleasure to meet you." Jericho said stroking his beard. "What brings you here?" asked Jericho.

“Emperor!” Ambassador Suttra exclaimed. “An emperor at a humble embassy gala. An honor to meet you, Sir.” Simon bowed slightly, partly to compose himself properly when dealing with such a head of state.
“What brings me here? Why I am the Vectorian ambassador to Mokastana here. I reside in an embassy just down the block.” Simon sipped his drink gently then continued, “What bring you here, Emperor Jericho. I could only imagine what a busy man you are…”

Embassy Program

Potthan
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Potthan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:47 am

"Believe it nor not, my wife insisted I come here. Shes very diplomatic. Power of words and all that. I also suppose this is a way to get to learn about my neighbors and such." Jericho said in a heavy Potthani accent, with a bold and harsh voice. "Many people have such rash opinions about me and my benevolent nation. But I say it's that they don't bear the intelligence nor the manners to see righteousness." Jericho said whilst slightly stroking his 24 karat gold cross necklace.

"My nation has a very alien culture compared to many nations in Greater Dienstad, hence their hatred for our morals." Jericho stated. "But enough about me. You wouldn't want to listen to a grizzled war veteran talk for hours on end. Tell me about you and your home nation." Jericho said sipping a glass of wine and smiling.
Major political parties: Imperial Potthani Senate, Potthani Supremacy Party, Potthani Fascist Alliance, Senate of the Emperor

Greater Themis
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Themis » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:36 am

''Your excellency, how very honoured I am to meet you in person.''

Ambassador Tolomei stood, bowing as a courtesy before shaking a proffered hand. Behind him, his two compatriots stood from their seats at the bar, their second set of complimentary drinks for the night almost finished, shaking hands with the diplomat accompanying the Vidin.

''It's an unexpected pleasure to meet someone of such importance on the Dienstadi stage as it were, your excellency. I was just saying to my Trade Counsellor here about how, for such geographically close nations, there's so little in the way of high-level talks between the two of us. Indeed, I would look forward to inviting you to Themis some time in the future, should you wish?

In any case, your excellency, Minister, what can I help you with on this fine evening?''

The ambassador smiled as the Haize delegation moved over to their corner of the bar, looking over the two. Whilst the Vidin seemed as relaxed as he was in this environment, eyeing the various diplomatic delegations with amusement, the Trade Minister seemed rather uptight, focused purely on business. It was obvious he was more at home in the board room than the bar.
Last edited by Greater Themis on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Patrick OConner wrote:Ambassidor Kennedy turned and looked at the new arrival and smiled a genuine smile for once.

Kayla hoped that her symbolic act did touch the heart of the ambassador. The art of curtsy was never something she took very well to heart. My lady here looked a bit drunk. Kayla was hopeful. The lack of sobriety never went along with sensibility, and that would help her cause.

Patrick OConner wrote:"AHH!! Kayla it is so good to see you here.

She remembered my presence...?

Um, okay. Wow, she's cool, after all. At least she's not going to be all formal and statesman-reserved-like, like that cunning looking Rosenthal. Or ideologically brainwashed, like the Nifonese. Or downright mad... like the Scandinvan. Ugh.

Patrick OConner wrote:Tell me how have things been back home in the Republic?

“The Lord of Generosity has been good to me, Your Excellency. I have been granted, within my estate, the addition of five acres of farmland, seven oak forest assets, and three villages to go along with it.”

“I am further delighted to know that Your Excellency had remembered my country of origin. The Free State of Treno, one of nineteen countries in Yohannes, and uniquely one of three republics without sovereign lords. Not many minister plenipotentiaries could remember that fact, but Your Excellency do remember very well.”

“The Lord Chancellor and Lady Queen had been very well pleased by my work in your gracious land. It is only to the good will of your government that I am smiling here, before you.”

Kayla made a second curtsy. This time it was softer, and less pronounced.

Patrick OConner wrote:How is everyone? What are you doing here by the way?"

“Dear Father Temuera Williams, Honourable Knight and Dragon of the realm, has been good to me. And mother too. I am very well pleased that you would remember Father, Your Excellency.”

“Father spoke about your presence, during negotiation with your government. Mother was very well pleased with your presence during the Lady Queen's state visit.”

Patrick OConner wrote:While speaking Kennedy replaces her now empty glass and snatches anther one from a passing waiter.

She is drunk. Aha.

Patrick OConner wrote:"Oh where are my manners.

Kayla grinned.

Patrick OConner wrote:How are you doing and how is you home? Everything well I trust?"

“Very well, thank you Your Excellency...”

“May I show you around the block? I would like to introduce you to one of my counterparts. She represented a government that was once one of our closest allied states. However, after the policy of isolation and neutrality, imposed by the parliament, our governments have come to grow more distant by the days, and years.”

Rosenthal would not expect this. All the better. The best way to sum up someone well is to engage with her or him together with another person. That way, I can learn about Kennedy, and learn about Rosenthal at the same time. Um, yeah. Aha.

Kennedy smiled braodly Kayla taking another sip from her drink
"But of course my dear Kayla. I am always willing and ready to meet new and exciting people. I love to travel to new places and see the sights. Please lead on."
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:49 pm

Potthan

Simon Suttra grinned politely as the Potthan Emperor explained. Upon the Emperor asking his own questions, Simon Suttra answered; “Ah, well the Republic of Vectors. Not at all a Republic, though the name is kind of catchy. Vectors is a large nation north west of Potthan, approximately ten billion people, so on and so forth, nothing exceptional. See, Vectors used to be an isolationist state when it was under the heavy Soviet puppetry of the days of old. Through years of bribery and deception, the independent Republic of Vectors was formed. We would like to consider ourselves a high end nation within the Greater Dienstad, by no means a match to Lyras, Lamoni or the like, but a comfortable foot ahead of the rest.” Simon Suttra stopped talking about the history to make a quick change of topic. “Emperor, does Potthan have foreign relations program? The Republic of Vectors may be interested in having a consulate in your nation, and similarly one of your consulates in the Republic. Woule we be able to make this work?”

Embassy Program

Potthan
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Potthan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:36 pm

"Due to unpopular demand for nations to want to relate to us, our foreign relations senate has been cut down immensely. However, it still does exist. Diplomatically we aren't a very popular nation thus we see it as an honor you'd want to share relations. What ideas do you have in mind?" Said Jericho whilst giving the ambassador a 24 karat coin with a phone number to the Potthani Palace. "Use this to contact me." stated Jericho.
Last edited by Potthan on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Potthan wrote:"Due to unpopular demand for nations to want to relate to us, our foreign relations senate has been cut down immensely. However, it still does exist. Diplomatically we aren't a very popular nation thus we see it as an honor you'd want to share relations. What ideas do you have in mind?" Said Jericho whilst giving the ambassador a 24 karat coin with a phone number to the Potthani Palace. "Use this to contact me." stated Jericho.

"You know what they say, Emperor. Start small, and great things lie in waiting." Simon Suttra smiled as he conversed with the mighty Potthan leader. "It would be best to start with a consulate, one in Potthan, one in Vectors. With that building, international relations between our two nations will prosper!"

"Tell me, what resources does Potthan host? Perhaps a trade deal may be somewhere in the future..." The Vectorian ambassador awaited his reply.

Embassy Program

Potthan
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Potthan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:44 pm

"A lot of resources lie in Potthan. Natural resources include gold, silver, exotic furs, and oil. However Potthan's labor trade is thicker than most." Jericho imitates being in shackles implying he is talking about slavery. "We've also have a large arms manufacturing sector and clothing industry. We've had foreigners in the past be interested with the oriental Potthani patterns and design of clothing." said Jericho. Is there anything in particular you're interested in?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents