NATION

PASSWORD

The Pirate Republic [OOC, PT, Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:08 am

Higher Japan wrote:Well it'd be about the size of a frigate now with 40 cannons. And i'd be interested in both, it'd be fun since i did use her in another rp and it'd be nice to eventually see the man of war be hers.

That's fine. I suppose there are 2 Chen junks, the size of sloops/brigs, in the vicinity of St Thomas that you need to defeat and two hundred men in the town itself. A battery of 8 shore cannons are also operational. I'll respond after Christo posts.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Yurghyr
Secretary

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Yurghyr » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 am

Name of Captain: Bayar
Nationality: Urghyr (From the Yurghyr Province of Uralskoy)
Background: Bayar lacks much knowledge of his younger life, only knowing was the youngest member of a typically large Urghyr family or nomadic horsemen, however he was sent away when he was 9 to the Uralskoyan capital in the hopes that he could achieve a good education, or at least that was the excuse. Instead, due to the family's crippling debt and the large amount of mouths to feed, Bayar was instead sold into Chennese naval service, serving with the Chen fleets until he reached 16, where the ship he served on was destroyed in a fierce battle. Slaver ships arrived soon after, taking survivors from the wreckage, of which Bayar was included. Sold into multiple slaver companies, he has ended up on a Wankan slaver ship.

From such an extensive amount of time in the slave system, he is quickly becoming discontented with this way of life. Quietly, he has spread words of revolt, speaking plans and ways in which it can be achieved, however nothing has come to fruition as his main accomplices sold before plans could be set into motion. However, now things will change. As the Wankan ship slows sails into the United Islands, the slaves have begun cutting their binds and breaking off chips of wood, ready to fight back.
Name of Ship: The Black Maria (The name of the Slaver Ship)
Type of ship (sloop is highest to start): Sloop
Guns (carriage, max 20): 12, with many guns being removed to make room for cargo
Crew: 200 slaves, with 60 slavers
RP Sample:

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Yurghyr wrote:
Name of Captain: Bayar
Nationality: Urghyr (From the Yurghyr Province of Uralskoy)
Background: Bayar lacks much knowledge of his younger life, only knowing was the youngest member of a typically large Urghyr family or nomadic horsemen, however he was sent away when he was 9 to the Uralskoyan capital in the hopes that he could achieve a good education, or at least that was the excuse. Instead, due to the family's crippling debt and the large amount of mouths to feed, Bayar was instead sold into Chennese naval service, serving with the Chen fleets until he reached 16, where the ship he served on was destroyed in a fierce battle. Slaver ships arrived soon after, taking survivors from the wreckage, of which Bayar was included. Sold into multiple slaver companies, he has ended up on a Wankan slaver ship.

From such an extensive amount of time in the slave system, he is quickly becoming discontented with this way of life. Quietly, he has spread words of revolt, speaking plans and ways in which it can be achieved, however nothing has come to fruition as his main accomplices sold before plans could be set into motion. However, now things will change. As the Wankan ship slows sails into the United Islands, the slaves have begun cutting their binds and breaking off chips of wood, ready to fight back.
Name of Ship: The Black Maria (The name of the Slaver Ship)
Type of ship (sloop is highest to start): Sloop
Guns (carriage, max 20): 12, with many guns being removed to make room for cargo
Crew: 200 slaves, with 60 slavers
RP Sample:

Looks excellent, accepted of course.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:04 am

@Higher Japan, I will be replying with the defence of St Thomas in next post.

@Yurghyr, great post, I'm thinking perhaps the Governor-General will chase the escaping ship with a merchant schooner or a brig confiscated from local traders. He knows his head is on the line for failing to protect the merchant slavers so would either want it recaptured or sunk. It can end with Bayar sinking or capturing the chasing ship.

@Christoslavia I'll wait for your reply before posting about Prince's.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Yurghyr
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Yurghyr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:28 am

Murovanka wrote:@Higher Japan, I will be replying with the defence of St Thomas in next post.

@Yurghyr, great post, I'm thinking perhaps the Governor-General will chase the escaping ship with a merchant schooner or a brig confiscated from local traders. He knows his head is on the line for failing to protect the merchant slavers so would either want it recaptured or sunk. It can end with Bayar sinking or capturing the chasing ship.

@Christoslavia I'll wait for your reply before posting about Prince's.

Sounds grand. Bayar may take poetic liberties and send the head of the Governor-General back because it was on the line

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:38 pm

Posted; Yurghyr feel free to finish the battle with the brig, Japan to finish the second junk and assault St Thomas. Christo, the Chen fleet will launch an amphibious invasion at the beach next I suppose.

Oh by the way I say this is casual so don't put me under pressure to write either long nor good quality. Looks at Yurghyr.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Yurghyr
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Yurghyr » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:29 pm

Murovanka wrote:Posted; Yurghyr feel free to finish the battle with the brig, Japan to finish the second junk and assault St Thomas. Christo, the Chen fleet will launch an amphibious invasion at the beach next I suppose.

Oh by the way I say this is casual so don't put me under pressure to write either long nor good quality. Looks at Yurghyr.

Whistles inconspicuously

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:35 am

Christo, I'm thinking of strategies to defeat an enemy on the beach who outnumber us by a few factors. Stuff will go wrong for the Chen and their cannon fire is inaccurate. Maybe we can use the captured Chen soldiers as human shields?

First, however (after the battle for Mullawath's house), Governor Ecord will get an offer from the Admiral to let the Chen on the island without resisting and let the Chen clear the island of pirates; no damage will be done and nobody harmed.

Captain Lanzing will kill the Governor and strike a new deal with the pirates and Schreiner upholding the previous deal. He'll suggest a joint control and use of the island in future, on condition he gets a third of the Governor's wealth (hidden in the house and on the island).

That's how I plan to get the pirate republic set up for a possible continuation RP which I'll put on hold for now though.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:01 am

Murovanka wrote:Christo, I'm thinking of strategies to defeat an enemy on the beach who outnumber us by a few factors. Stuff will go wrong for the Chen and their cannon fire is inaccurate. Maybe we can use the captured Chen soldiers as human shields?

First, however (after the battle for Mullawath's house), Governor Ecord will get an offer from the Admiral to let the Chen on the island without resisting and let the Chen clear the island of pirates; no damage will be done and nobody harmed.

Captain Lanzing will kill the Governor and strike a new deal with the pirates and Schreiner upholding the previous deal. He'll suggest a joint control and use of the island in future, on condition he gets a third of the Governor's wealth (hidden in the house and on the island).

That's how I plan to get the pirate republic set up for a possible continuation RP which I'll put on hold for now though.

All good. We can leave some pirates alive for human shield purposes. With permission this can be where Wolfgangs squadron comes in to help
THE ETERNAL EMPIRE OF CHRISTOSLAVIA
This country is no longer a totalitarian nightmare version of my rl views
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.08
IATA Member

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Christoslavia wrote:All good. We can leave some pirates alive for human shield purposes. With permission this can be where Wolfgangs squadron comes in to help

Yep, but wait until the fighting really gets thick (maybe in the forest?) and the Chen landed the majority of their troops; with their cannon fire it'll look really bad until your dad shows up.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Murovanka wrote:
Christoslavia wrote:All good. We can leave some pirates alive for human shield purposes. With permission this can be where Wolfgangs squadron comes in to help

Yep, but wait until the fighting really gets thick (maybe in the forest?) and the Chen landed the majority of their troops; with their cannon fire it'll look really bad until your dad shows up.

Lead the way my friend
THE ETERNAL EMPIRE OF CHRISTOSLAVIA
This country is no longer a totalitarian nightmare version of my rl views
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.08
IATA Member

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:17 pm

So, what is happening in this RP now?
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:44 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:So, what is happening in this RP now?

There's people shooting everywhere and this RP will end after that.

I'll think about starting a continuation but don't know when, but I'll TG all those involved here when that goes up.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:36 am

Murovanka wrote:
The Federation of Kendor";p="<a href="tel:31998324">31998324</a> wrote:So, what is happening in this RP now?

There's people shooting everywhere and this RP will end after that.

I'll think about starting a continuation but don't know when, but I'll TG all those involved here when that goes up.

Can I join the sequel, then. Needed to tell on what 18th century Kendor is like
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:24 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Can I join the sequel, then. Needed to tell on what 18th century Kendor is like

If you want, you could create an app for some Kendor pirate or merchant and post as introduction if you so desire. Either way I can add it to the "accepted pyrates" list on the OP who I'll TG if I put a sequel up.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:29 pm

So, we're done here! I put an epilogue which was hopefully vague enough for you to post again in more detail if you want to. I'll think about putting up a sequel soon and will TG all involved here when I do so. Thank you for staying to the end!
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents