NATION

PASSWORD

The Saga of Fedor and the Behemoths [Closed]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

The Saga of Fedor and the Behemoths [Closed]

Postby The Macabees » Sat May 13, 2017 11:31 pm

I.

The woman's ice-blue eyes studied Fedor's broad back as he sat on the edge of the bed, his face in his hands. "What's wrong, your majesty?" she asked, her voicing dripping with a sweetness like honey. Placing her hand on his left shoulder blade, she swept it to the other side and then down his spine, slowly, gently. She pulled herself closer to him until her bare breasts were touching his skin.

"Nothing, woman," he said, with muted force. Fedor threaded his hands through his golden hair, which he had allowed to grow out like a mane, and he let out a long breath before rising.

"No more time for play?" the young woman mused. She was still smiling, her face beautiful and her body young.

"Leave it be, Kassandra." His voice was harsh and she abruptly lost her glee, but not for long, as he turned around to put on his briefs. "We will see each other again. Perhaps tonight?" he inquired, although it was very nearly a statement. Fedor continued dressing as he waited for her response. He looked at her all the while, his eyes just as blue as hers, like the fabled Lake Voratoog not more than a day's travels from the palace.

"I suppose," she said, playfully, seductively. Kassandra lay on his bed, hiding nothing and proud of all. She traced an invisible line on the bed sheets with her finger.

Fedor had never seen himself here. His and Sofie's marriage had been a political convenience, but there had still been love between them. Somewhere in the midst of crisis and war that love had begun to dissipate and fade. That the marriage was falling apart was obvious to all except the public and the bureaucrats. Fedor still cared for his wife and, perhaps somewhere deep in his heart, there was still a love, a longing, for her, but it was fading and by now was only a whisper. A man's lusts are, after all, irrepressible and it was inevitable for him to come across Kassandra and the many women like her, all gorgeous, insatiable, and ambitious.

A silence fell upon the room that was only filled when she asked, "Will you stay here long? In Beda Fromm, I mean."

"No." His reply was brusque. "I leave for the Timocratic Republic tomorrow morning," he added, more softly this time. "I embark on a great hunt to find and kill some of this world's deadliest and mightiest creatures. My business in the city has concluded and I must move on." He buttoned the sleeves of his shirt.

"Business, Your Majesty? Are you not sure that you came here to see me?" Kassandra had not moved from where she lay. "What would dear Sofie think?"

Fedor smiled, but the muscles on his face had tensed. Shaking his head, he said, "Perhaps we won't see each other again tonight after all." With that, he whipped his jacket around his shoulders, nodded his head, and left the room through giant oak doors. Behind him, Kassandra rolled her eyes and fell back asleep.

It wasn't the first time he had seen her. It most likely wouldn't be the last. The Daughter of the Six Celestials, as she was known around here, was a woman one could not avoid for very long. Her stunning beauty was one thing, but she was also cunning and the daughter of the most powerful Frommian lord of them all — the deceased King Damian of House Goradaán. Kassandra Goradaán was a queen in all but title and absolute power, but one only dared to tell her that. It wasn't the ancestry or even her glamorous grace that brought Fedor back, though. He could find those things anywhere. What woman wouldn't attend to His Imperial Majesty's needs? No, there was more here than lust or ambition. Perhaps it was that she was the only woman other than Sofie who seemed to actually care for him, to truly want him. In these trying times, it was nice to be able to count on love. Oh, but what a mouth that woman had.

The emperor put those thoughts behind him as he walked down the colonnaded corridors of the palace, turning at intersections topped by honeycombed roofs that formed into domes above. Servants stopped where they walked or stood to bow as he passed, and he made sure to nod at each and every one of them in gratitude. A wise emperor rules with the privilege of happy subjects, Fedor's grandfather had told him once.

After walking for what seemed for the better part of a half an hour he finally arrived at one of the auto parks in the palatial complex, where his trusted bodyguard Ekrón and a chauffeur he did not recognize had been patiently waiting in expectation of his arrival. Hardly a word was spoken as the chauffeur opened the rear door to let the emperor and his bodyguard into the vehicle. He closed the door behind them and walked around the auto's nose to get into the driver's seat. All the while, a guard posted at the garage's exit opened the gate through which the vehicle peeled out.

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming, Your Imperial Highness," said Ekrón after some time, with the once the sprawling Palace of Baar Joceim and its countless bulbous, colorful domes was well behind them in full view of the car's rear window. "I figured that perhaps you were busy...attending to the Lady Kassandra."

Fedor arched an eyebrow at him. "No, but now that you mention her, take note to spread the order to bar her from the palatial premises tonight. I must not be distracted from what lies ahead."

Ekrón gave his lord a hard look, but one that Fedor did not notice. The stare lingered as if the bodyguard were trying to penetrate into his emperor's thoughts, perhaps to feel his pains or to know what troubled him. Almost an old man now, Ekrón had watched over Fedor ever since the man was a mere lad in the Kabera'al of Macabea. Duty prevented his retirement. But it never bothered Ekrón, who even at the ripe age of 47 believed himself more than fit to personally protect His Imperial Majesty. To him, it was a pleasure, an honor of the highest kind — the privilege of serving the emperor himself, who some still believed (including Ekrón himself) was the manifestation of Utu (the sun) herself. Fedor's pain was Ekrón's, and the man worried for his lord's health. Perhaps he would let Kassandra into the man's quarters, after all. Fedor needed to have his mind drawn away from what ailed him. He'd fire a palace guard as a scapegoat at no great cost.

A few seconds of silence transpired until Ekrón replied, finally, "As for what lies ahead, Kríerlord Sektora awaits our arrival to her summer estate. I am sure you are prepared."

The window between them and the driver was closed. No one could hear the bodyguard speak informally to the emperor, that is without reciting his lord's title. It did not perturb Fedor, of course. Ekrón was expected to speak in a straightforward manner when they were in private. Not because he was Fedor's bodyguard, but because they were almost kin. Ekrón would die for his emperor. "There is not much to say, really," was all the emperor said was in response.

"Easy to say, until the empire burns in your absence." The bodyguard looked at Fedor with unwavering eyes.

Fedor tisked. "You will not raise this matter again, Ekrón. My trip cannot be postponed and I am due some rest. With the wars, the family, and the pressures, I must get away and drain myself from it all so that I can come back in full spirits. This...adventure...will be good for me and for the empire, I promise you that." Ekrón did not seem sold, but the emperor continued on as if his bodyguard had wholeheartedly accepted his arguments, "Come now, let us speak of other matters. Tell me how we are doing across all fronts. Tell me of my people. I've been gone no more than two days and I am already left thirsty for management. Anything requiring last minute arrangements left with Sektora?"

Ekrón gave a deep, resigned sigh, but nevertheless moved on along to his lord's change of subject. "All fronts are stable. Gholgoth remains a bloodbath, the Theohuanacan pirates are still cornered, but alive, and the territories continue to burn beneath the insurgency. Holy Panooly is deteriorating, once again. Clashes between the Hakaras and the indigenous are escalating. As for New Empire, that quagmire is not so much news anymore. So, no, I suppose there is nothing new to note."

"Wonderful news," said Fedor, with apparent irony. "How are the children?"

"They are good," responded the bodyguard. "Elasny is doing well with the Priestesses. Karl is learning the classics. They all miss you." He did not say her name. The emperor had not asked about her.

"Arrange for them to visit me in the Timocratic Republic. They shall like to see the country and Karl must begin to meet those he may one day meet again as emperor. Sofie may come along as well, it would only be proper." There was a bit of resignation or uncertainty there. The state of the imperial marriage had worsened, to Ekrón that was obvious.

The bodyguard bit back his words and replied only by saying, "As you wish." And the two fell into silence as they rode through Beda Fromm to the other side of the city, where the vast rural estates of the old aristocracy still stood and prospered. Silently, though, Ekrón brooded as his mind twisted and turned in deep thought. The emperor's happiness was failing and an unhappy emperor could not rule effectively. Ekrón pondered his duty and hoped that the Timocratic hunting trip revived Fedor as much as the emperor thought it would, even if he knew it would not. Fedor's problems started with his family and that — and she — would still be there when he came back.

As for the rest of the day, it went just as the emperor had expected to. Sektora's summer estate was vast. It bordered the sea and along its coastal flank ran a long and narrow marina that spread into the water like reaching fingers. The manor house sat in the middle, surrounded by a campus of glass, concrete, and wood buildings that gave shape to Konen Teknolog — Sektora's tech corp kingdom. They weren't there long.

Final preparations for Fedor's brief voyage were concluded. Kríerlord Sektora would oversee day-to-day imperial duties until Fedor's return. She was a charming woman. Not exactly beautiful, but attractive undoubtedly. Dark-haired, green-eyed, and slender, she looked at His Imperial Majesty with seductive eyes. Apparently, the news of the fractioning marriage had spread. The emperor did not bite. By the early afternoon, they were traveling back through the city to the palace in the far south and it too was done in complete silence. Fedor dined in a smaller, hidden dining hall by himself and then went to his chambers, where Lady Kassandra awaited him...with nothing to wear.

Ekrón had let her in.

II.

Two mornings later, Fedor and Ekrón left for a small private airfield that the Imperial Family and Imperial representatives used to go to and from Beda Fromm without having to make a public arrival. The drive was a short one and along with the emperor and his head of security came two more officers, dressed in suits and carrying holstered handguns, with who know what else hidden throughout their bodies.

At the airfield awaited four others. One was a poet, who composed spectacularly lyrical stories around Fedor's legend. Another was a historian, who served to take more accurate notes — although, not too accurate. Some details were better not to be remembered, after all. A third was a photographer, who's job was to take stills, analyze them against criteria of propagandistic acceptability, and upload them to make the people proud of their leader. These women had worked with Fedor before, but the fourth person was here for the first time. He was the new cameraman after the last one had been eaten alive by a bear that had been trailing the emperor's hunting party during their last trip to the northern forests of Hailandkill. Apparently, the poor lad had fallen behind after Fedor hadn't noticed that the man had stopped to change a lens. Of course, the party keeps up with Fedor, not the other way around. All alone and vulnerable, the old cameraman had apparently made quite the tasty treat for the hungry, brown-coated fellow — of course, the bear had made a good dinner once it had been tracked down and vengeance sought.

They and the emperor did not speak, even when they were but two feet away from him. All orders were given through Ekrón, who usually gave it to one of the other two guards with him. But even the two bodyguards spoke little other than when instructed to. The four artists, as they were called, talked among themselves if they wished to talk at all, although if they talked too much or too loud an ominous look from Ekrón was enough to shut them up.

It did not take long to board the aircraft and take-off. His Imperial Majesty did not wait for anyone but himself, and so any checks and inspections were done before he and his party had even arrived. In under a half an hour they were on their way to the Timocratic Republic. Fedor voyaged in his private cabin, with a guard posted outside the hatch. Ekrón and the other bodyguard stayed with the four artists, who conversed with themselves and made liberal use of the aircraft's bar of wines, liquor, and spirits. A small group of flight attendants serviced them with drinks and food, their uniforms strangely scant and traditional in a way that was difficult to pin down. The emperor, of course, benefited from his own dedicated service.

Ekrón disappeared at times to report to and brief the emperor, including updates on the wars in the territories, satrapies, and in faraway Gholgoth, where two multi-billion-man armies slugged it out knee-deep in the Scandinvan rubbus plantations. They talked of the decisions that had to be made, and although Fedor had left the empire in the wise and capable hands of trusted Kríerlord Sektora, it would be unlike him to avoid giving direction at all. And so the emperor dictated his word and Ekrón stored it away to communicate it later over the phone to Sektora personally. Fedor left not one detail out, meticulously digesting the information that Ekrón told him and returning orders that left his representative with little room to extend her arms in. He could not but help it, of course, for his boundless energy was truly insatiable. When Ekrón reappeared in the main cabin he looked and seemed mentally drained, pale, and tired.

Fortunately, the flight was not long, as Fedor was one to grow anxious when confined for long periods of time and he detested long voyages — unless they were absolutely necessary, like the absolutely atrocious flight to Citadel City, deep within fiery Gholgoth. They flew by large, powerful hypersonic aircraft, as was becoming custom with the proliferation of GATA. It 'skipped' in the upper atmosphere, bouncing like a ball down the court. And so it was almost like no time at all had passed when they arrived in Atlanta only a few hours later.

Atlanta was a sprawling, extensive city of suburbs surrounded by rolling green hills and lush forests. In its center rose dozens of tall spires made of glass, steel, and concrete, and it bustled with human activity throughout.

"I know you already know the rules. But, it's protocol," started Ekrón, speaking to the four artists as the aircraft began to descend through the clouds from the dark upper atmosphere. "Plus, we have the new guy, William. When you are in the presence of His Imperial Majesty, you do not speak out of turn. Do not say anything unless you are asked to. When His Imperial Majesty is elsewhere or far enough ahead, or away, you may speak, ask the local questions, and act freely. Do not, I repeat, do not, speak directly to the emperor unless he addresses you first. If His Imperial Majesty asks you to leave or, in fact, asks you to do anything, you must do it. Immediately. I don't need to tell you ladies, but you William," he turned to the cameraman, "do not get yourself in trouble. Remember that you represent the empire and the emperor. That means no strip clubs, no prostitutes, no drugs. Got it?"

From the look on William's face, it seemed as if he wasn't sure whether to take it seriously or to laugh. The head bodyguard's face, however, did not communicate comedy. His stare was hard and his face as readable as a rock, dark brown eyes flat on the fidgeting man. "Yes, sir," said William finally, with a sharp, loud gulp.

"Don't pay him too much mind, he's just trying to scare you a little," whispered one of the women, giggling as she spoke, when Ekrón turned back in his seat and closed his eyes.

Fedor emerged from his cabin soon after the aircraft landed and taxied toward a remote area of the tarmac, far away from the low, tetris-like terminal complex of the airport. He wore a thick cape of curling fur skinned from a monstrous thornburn bear that he had killed in the predator-infested northern Killian forests. A metric ton and a half the beast had come out to. This was, of course, the same bear that had killed the last cameraman. It made for an impressive trophy that the emperor carried with him on the shoulders, wrapping around him like a sheet of armor. Beneath it he wore tight, rugged trousers tucked into tall brown boots that came up to just below his knees. Beneath the cape, draped around him like a coat as it was, he wore his white cuirass decorated with black scrollings depicting his many victories. Tall, slender, but muscular, he looked all the emperor that he was.

The bodyguard who had been at his door trailed him, and soon Ekrón and the other guard rose as well. The artists remained seated, waiting for Fedor and his security detachment to decend down to the tarmac. The last guard stayed behind to wait for the artists and direct them to their vehicle, once the emperor had gone through the greeting.

He was awaited by a small group of Timocratic State Department personnel flanked by two operatives who looked like a cross between elite soldiers and policemen. Fedor had heard of them before. Wardens they were called. In any case, there was not much fanfare. They welcomed His Imperial Majesty to the Timocratic Republic and then directed him to one of the vehicles sitting behind him. Ekrón spoke for Fedor, although the emperor frequently whispered orders in his ear. The four artists were quickly ushered out of the aircraft — their equipment would be taken to their destination for them — and rushed into another vehicle that trailed to the rear of the mini-convoy. The cars ahead of them barely waited for them to buckle in before rolling forward.

As Ekrón and the other guards spoke to their hosts, a stoic Fedor looked out the tinted windows silently. He had looked forward to this adventure. But there was a look of some gloom about him, as if he knew that this was all just a distraction.
Last edited by The Macabees on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Atlanta International Airport
Atlanta
TImocratic Republic

The convoy of vehicles, all of them SUVs that had been up armored excluding the one Fedor rode in, it was a limousine boasting the latest in comforts and style that Merican automotive manufacturers had to offer, it was also built like a tank.
The convoy exits the tarmac and enters the main roads interconnecting the various portions and facilities of the airport and then on to the main interstate road that takes the convoy directly into the heart of the city.

Tall elegant building of glass and steel rise high into the sky on either side of the road. The city of Atlanta had been one of the fortunate ones to escape the ravages of both the Civil War and Rebellion and thus did not require the extensive rebuilding other cities needed and thus many of the more beautiful and elegant buildings and landmarks were still intact, including the convoy's final destination.

The convoy rapidly winds its way through the city streets until it comes to one of the skyscrapers. This one is not the tallest but it was considered to be one of the most elegant, it rises high into the air, exterior is all glass reflecting the afternoon sun, as it twists into the sky in smooth rotation about the center of the building with three massive grooves in the building exterior rising and twisting along with it as well, culminating in three mini towers at the top of the building. A sign in front proclaims simply "The Grand Hotel".

The convoy turns into an opening and the convoy descends into an underground parking garage. The garage was clear of normal traffic but not security people which were swarming, since the Special Protective Service has turned out in force to secure the area and make sure nothing happens to Fedor.

The convoy comes to a halt and a well dressed man in formal attire opens the door to Foley's limousine and bows to him. A long red carpet has been rolled out and brass pole, shined so bright one can look at them without hurting there eyes, strung with red velvet rope leads to an elevator. Fedor exits the vehicle followed by his six man crew and enters the elevator accompanied by the State Department personnel. The inside is all marble and paneled in a native hard wood the is a rich red color with views of sap that has crystallized and the sap is dark, but seems to glow, yellow. Another man in a formal uniform bows as Fedor enters the elevator. The man presses a button and elevator takes off in a very rapid ascent. With a muted ding, the doors open to reveal a massive atrium with rich carpeted floors in a deep green color and soaring pillars of multicolored stone rise up from the floor and reflect the light entering from the myriad of windows into a rainbow of colors that splash across the room. Balconies and open walkways decorate the walls on every floor and a massive bridge of glass spans from one side of the atrium to another and it too collects and refracts the light into a rainbow of colors that then dance along the white marble walls. Elevators of glass and steel run up and own the pillars and walls taking people too and from the various floors and rooms of the hotel.

Upon exiting the elevator Fedor sees a double line of hotel employees facing inward and a red carpet rolled out in the middle of them leading to a massive front front desk that appears to have been cared from a single piece of wood exactly like that in the elevator. The employees, both male and female, bow together and say in unison
"Welcome. It is a privilege and an honor to have you stay at our humble hotel." after saying this the staff stand up straight.
A man steps out of the line and smiles
"If you would please follow me, Your Majesty. We have a conference room waiting for you and the other members of you party. Please don't worry your luggage will be taken care of."

The man then turns and leads Fedor and company down the red carpet and to door adjacent the massive desk that is set into the marble walls. The hotel employee leads Fedor down a short hall ,paneled this time in a rich dark yellow wood, and past a series of other doors before stopping at one and opening it for Fedor and bowing as he does so.
"Everyone else is already inside ready to go, Your Majesty."

The conference room in paneled in the same wood as the hall and the floor is carpeted in a matching color. Plush arm chairs are lined up at the other end while the end Fedor entered through holds several table of the finest foods and refreshment the hotel has to offer and waiters on standby to bring more or to bring some directly to the guests.

A number of State Department people are present and are quietly talking amongst themselves and representatives from various other agency and departments are present as were any who could manage to swing an invite to this event. Special Protective Service personal in there suits, ear pieces, and shades are posted at every entrance and exit and some even walking amongst the guests. However the main focus was clearly on four individuals, three men and one woman.

The first was of average height but on the stocky side with black hair that was showing a dusting of grey that manage to give him both a refined air and one of experience and a classically handsome face that was showing a few wrinkles. He was wearing a carefully tailored dark blue three piece suit that clear cost more than some people cars.

The other two men and woman are wearing identical uniform that consists of pair of sturdy drakon hide brown leather boots that come to about mid shin and is decorated with brass buckles and leather straps, on the inward facing potion of each boot are some odd looking small brass knobs. Khaki colored pants and a brown leather belt with many vertical loopholes each which contain spare rounds for the handguns. On each belt, a hostler on the right side for a gun and on the other side a sheath for a large knife and each one of them are armed with an identical high caliber revolver and large knives resembling Bowie knife present as well. A jacket made cotton died dark green with a row of brass buttons up the middle of the jackets and cape of drakon leather died the same green as the jacket covers the left shoulder and arm and hangs down level with the belt while partially covering the front and back of the Wardens and each person wore broad soft brimmed brown hat with a simple green band. On the right shoulder a strip of green drakon leather stretches form the base of the neck to the end of the shoulder and is held in place by more brass buttons. Every bit of brass from the buckles to the bullet casings has been shined to the point that it hurts to look at them. On the right sleeve of each of one of them is a varying number of red hash marks denoting rank. Each person also is wearing a pair of black leather gloves. Completing the ensemble was a simple silver star over the right breast with the word "Warden" emblazoned on it.

Each of the three assembled Wardens is different. The man standing next to man in the three piece suit, who is now clearly a diplomat of some kind probably a senior one, is an old and grizzled looking individual. He of slightly below average height but more than makes up for it in width and muscle mass. Even with his hat pulled low, one can see his skin is old and weathered from exposure to the elements over the years however his most striking features is an eye patch over his left eye and the five vertical parallel scars on the same side of his face that go from his forehead all the way down to his chin. A thick well trimmed and groomed red beard covers his lower face. On his right arm are eight red hash marks.

Next to him is much younger looking man who is taller than average and has a runners build. His face is tanned from exposure to the sun and it too is decorated by a single diagonal scar going from just below his right eye to the left corner of his mouth. His nose is slightly bent near the end having been broken in the past and clearly not set right. Sandy blonde hair peaks out from under his hat. A cocky grin and mischievous glint in his eye give him a rather dashing rebellious air. Four red hash marks decorate his right sleeve
And standing next to him is the only woman in the group. She is taller than all the men in the little group and most of the people in the room. She has wide soft looking hips, a narrow waist, and modest but noticeable and firm bust. She very athletic looking. Her face is that of a classical beauty with high cheek bones, a small cute nose, and large bright intelligent green eyes. Her skin is slightly tanned as well from exposure to the sun. Brilliant red hair peeks out from under her hat. and with it pulled low, she gazes out from under it with a cool expression on her face as she surveys the crowd with just a hint of disapproval. Six red hash marks adorn her right sleeve.

All three individuals give of an air of danger and extreme competence and proficiency in the twin areas of violence and mayhem.

Upon entering the room and soft chime sounds from hidden speakers a voice announces
"Now arriving, His Imperial Majesty of the Golden Throne, Emperor Fedor and company."
At this all conversation ceases as every turn to look at Fedor and his group. The diplomat peels himself off of the group and immediately and confidently strides over to Fedor. He stops in front of the man and bows to him then rights himself, now with a brilliant white smile on his face.
"Welcome, Your Majesty, to our humble nation and to this most humble of hostels. I am Coilin O'Casey Chief Undersecretary for Foreign Affairs of the Golden Throne. I must say, that it is truly a pleasure to finally meet the man behind the country that I have heard and read so much about. I myself oversee much of the diplomatic work between our two nations so I felt it was only right to come here and greet you, plus it is a great excuse to meet the man I have come to admire. Ah but where are my manners come come let me introduce you to some of the people here."

The three Wardens look as, "His Imperial Majesty of the Golden Throne, Emperor Fedor" enters the conference room followed by his entourage that consists of a historian, a poet, a cameraman, a photographer and a few guards. The first four caused a nasty derisive snort from the younger two Wardens will the much older one just stood there stone faced. The Wardens were consummate professionals that faced danger on a day to day basis from hunting down the extremely hostile wildlife found in some areas to working search and rescue to chasing down criminals in the forests to shoot outs in the cities, they faced great danger and often went unsung. Both of them were perfectly happy doing there regular jobs then along comes some fop with a hard on for killing big game animal so as to further his own self glorifying image and more than likely going to carry the weight of the hunt themselves (along with the other professional hunters that were being hired on for this venture of course) and interrupt the there busy work schedule. The younger two had made there opinions very clear in precise colorful language and raised voices the other day about this assignment but after some coxing and bit of bribing they finally agreed to it. The a flash of anger appears in the woman's eyes but it quickly disappears.

O'Casey leads Fedor over to he group of three Wardens.
"Your Majesty allow me to introduce Senior Warden Alroy MacClintok and Wardens Ali O'Conner and Sam Buckley. Senior Warden MacClintok is in charge of the Department of Warden's Hostile Wildlife Management Bureau ."
The three nod a greeting at Fedor
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty." MacClintok says with a voice that sounds like gravel in a blender "I must confess when the Chief Warden told me about this I was shocked. I thought it was a joke of some kind then I get a call from O'Casey over here confirming everything and very eager to set up a hunt. It was... an interesting conversation." O'Casey nods in agreement still smiling but it looks a little fixed now, the Wardens had a nasty reputation even among the various governmental entities and part of that was a universal short temper when people interfered with there work "But in the end we agreed to do it. After all we can't just let some foreigner stubble around in the woods he might get hurt." MacClintok smiles now "These two are my best men when it comes to 'managing hostile wildlife' Go on you too say something to Emperor"

Buckley smiles
"Well I too and glad to be here" Sam begins with a butter-won't-melt-in-mouth look and tone "and I can not wait to give our most illustrious guest a guided tour of our beautiful nations most deadly areas as we lead him on what is sure to be a great hunt for trophies."

Ali stares at Fedor for a minute then speaks in a cold tone
"I am very pleased to meet such an important individual and I am very excited to show him my homelands many wonders. I can not wait to lead you on the hunts to come. "

O'Casey smile falters for a bit and brief look of surprise crosses his face.
"Oh yeah" MacClintok says smiling broadly now "I may have forgotten to tell you about that O'Casey. It was one of the major conditions for our help."
O'Casey smile becomes even more strained and Ali O'Conner's lips quirk upward in slight smile
"Don't worry" MacClintok goes on "Ali is perfectly well trained and seasoned hunter and Warden. She is an expert on the matters at hand. You have nothing at all to worry about." But MacClintok's grin says otherwise.
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Mon May 15, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Mon May 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Fedor looked at them in turn, as if he were studying them, and let the room fall silent after MacClintok finished introducing his team. His face showed neither approval nor displeasure, like a look made of concrete. But neither was it mean spirited, it was simply expressionless, like a curtain veiling his thoughts. Ekrón watched him from the corner of his eyes but did not move. The back-and-forth looks that the artists were shooting at each other reeked with confusion. Fedor noticed none of this, focusing only on the Wardens. His eye had caught Ali, whom he recognized as the daughter of the past Timocratian — as Macabeans called those who styled themselves as 'Mericans — president Patrick O'Connor. His gaze did not linger on her too long, as it swept to the other wardens and then to the group of state department officials. The silence must have gone on for only a few dozen seconds, but it seemed an eternity.

Finally, the emperor let out a long breath, then broke into a smile and gave them a shallow nod. "It is an honor, truly," he said. "I have heard a lot of the Timocratian Wardens, of your impressive feats, and of the dangers that you face each and every day. Your legend precedes you and I, in the coming days, hope to learn as much as I can from the fasters. I thank you for your time and hospitality. To you three I am Fedor, none of that Your Majesty stuff."

"I know what you must be thinking," he continued. "Who is this man who seeks to do what I do? I do not claim to be an equal, but I do ask you to withhold full judgment, for I think that you may find yourself to be surprised."

In the back, Ekrón had approached O'Casey and introduced himself. The Wardens would be given the privilege to speak to Fedor directly, in whatever way they thought necessary to best instruct him. He would also speak to O'Casey if directly addressed, but for the most part, their state department personnel would have to communicate through Ekrón.

"Nevertheless, a wise man must recognize his betters, and with that said I put myself in your hands." he finished.

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue May 16, 2017 1:29 pm

The Grand Hotel
Atlanta
TImocratic Republic

The Wardens looked back at Fedor matching stone face for stone face, Ali O'Conner's face seemed even more rock solid than the other two. O"Casey had stopped smiling but remained calm and collected on the outside but inside he was very nervous. He removed a bit of imaginary lint from his shoulder. The silences stretched on and on, tension grew with it.

Then Fedor smiled and the tension broke, O'Casey was relieved but did not show it, after all a diplomat must be collected and seem in control at all times. O'Casey then peels off the group to talk to Erkon.

Then Fedor speaks, commenting on how skilled the Wardens are and how their legend has spread as far as the Golden Throne.
"Hey guys, we are famous." quips Buckley
This causes MacClintok to raise a single eyebrow, his only outward sign of surprise while O'Conner face remains unchanged and Buckley's still has that mischievous smile on his face, it seems like that smile is permanently plastered on his on face. And then Fedor sounds down right humble. And finally O'Conner and MacClintok faces softened.

"Well" says MacClintok "Your- Fedor that is very admirable for you to say. It is always good when someone admits that they may need a little help. However, I will not be joining you on this hunt. I, unfortunately, will not be joining you. I have many many other duties...besides I have been told that I am getting a little old too operate in the field. Instead, like I said earlier Ali will be overseeing your trip here."
MacClintok looks at Ali O'Conner very pointedly at if trying to signal her which she recognizes.
"Yes I am ...Fedor"she said trying out his name "...tomorrow we leave here and head to a training center in the southern part of the country near the Blue Ridge Mountains Park near Brooklet. Were we will see what you can do, teach you to ride a warg, hopefully, and brief you on the creatures."
"And then we get to hunt down some wargs and drakons." Sam interjects "And then some sea monsters and finally so wyerns. Should be fun."
Ali favors Sam with a quick glare but it just slides right off of him and that smile.
"Yes. We plan to do just as Buckley says. We have even contracted help from professional hunters as well. It should be all kinds of fun"
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Tue May 16, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Thu May 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Fedor nodded. They looked at him as if expecting a response, or at least for him to say something. But the emperor was done talking, and so no response came and instead he turned to Ekrón.

The emperor's head of security politely excused himself from the party of 'Merican state department officials and walked over to a spot between Fedor and the four artists. To the latter, he said, "You are all under the Wardens' authority. What they tell you, you do. If you are in their way, you move. If they tell you to jump like a frog, you jump. Do you understand?"

The four artists nodded. Three of them had heard the spiel before. For his part, the new guy's eyes darted around nervously as his brain raced in search of the reason why he had accepted his job. 'Why had the last cameraman quit?', he was pondering to himself. He, of course, hadn't been told that the last one was killed by a bear in Hailandkill. 'What really happened to the last guy,' said the cameraman to himself inside his brain. Now his mind was stretching to some of the darkest corners of his imagination, and death had started to come into the picture. The looks that the Wardens were giving them didn't help either, and neither did Fedor's unnerving eccentricity. He seemed like such a pleasant man and, all the same, the cameraman could not wait until he was away from him. One might call His Imperial Majesty intimidating. You were never quite sure of his mood or thoughts.

Ekrón turned to the 'Mericans. "Are we ready to proceed?"

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Fri May 19, 2017 2:52 pm

The Grand Hotel
Atlanta
TImocratic Republic

Fedor turned and just walked away Ali turned and looked at Sam and Sam just shrugged at her.
O'Casey steps in to answer Ekron.
"Of course. Tonight Emperor Fedor will be stay here at The Grand Hotel and enjoy the finest it has to offer and tomorrow he and his...entourage will be flown to the base specified earlier. Now in the mean time, why don't we eat drink and be merry?" O'Casey says with a smile. The two male Warden's smile broadly.
"Don't mind if I do" Sam says with his same cocky smile before heading over to the wet bar, tossing the cape fully over his shoulder.
"I do believe I will join him." Alroy says walking after him. Both of them order the most expensive scotch there and proceed to drink.
Ali peruses her lips thoughtfully
"I think I will help myself to the fine food you have brought."
And with that she turns and walks off heading for one of the tables.

The little reception lasted for a few more hours before it broke up and people went there separate ways. Before it ended Sam and Alroy emptied several bottles of very good scotch though the only outward sign was a slight slurring of their speech. However, just to be sure, Ali carefully escorted both of them out of the conference room.

Fedor was taken to the finest suite the hotel had to offer, The Presidential Suite at the top of the tower and his men were shown there to there own rooms as well.

The Next Day

Early in the morning the hotel staff rouses Fedor and his group from there rooms. The hotel staff quickly packs the quest bags and then escort them up to the roof of the hotel where a helicopter is waiting for them and Fedor and company plus luggage is quickly loaded on to it. The blades s[in up and the helicopter soon takes off into the sky heading south. The flight lasts a few hours.

W.W. Mann Training Camp
Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

The helicopter rapidly descended from its cruise altitude heading for a large cluster of building surrounded by trees. The pilot makes for a large open area with large white H painted on the ground. Finally the helicopter lands light as a feather and the blades spin down. Someone opens the and Fedor steps out. The sun is shining bright today and the sky is clear. Standing in front of him are 2 people, Sam Buckley and Ali O'Conner.

They have ditched there dress uniforms from before and are now wearing knee hi brown leather boots with some kind of weird metal latches on the inner thigh portion and side of the foot, sturdy brown pats and green shirts with ball caps resting on there heads. Both are wearing belts with badges hanging from them and holsters with guns.

The most striking thing though is next to Ali. A wolf larger then most horses lays stretched out on the ground next to her. The giant wolf, or warg as they are referred to locally, is a brownish golden color with white tuffs on its ears and tail. The wargs head is up and Ali's hand is resting on it scratching behind its ears. Its eyes are closed in bliss and its tail is wagging until it smells Fedor and the new arrivals.

Its eye snap open, revealing them to be a deep blood red and they shine with surprising intelligence as the warg quickly scans the new arrivals until its eyes come to rest on Fedor.

"Welcome" Ali says smiling "to the W.W. Mann Training Center Fedor. Glad you could make it. Don't worry other people will handle your luggage. I want you to meet my friend here" Ali says still scratching the warg behind the ears "Her name is Blaze. Say hi."
The warg unleashes a thunderous bark at the group.
"Well then shall we get started?" Sam asks smiling.
IATA Member

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Tue May 30, 2017 5:28 pm

I.

There was a certain fineness to her that Fedor hadn't noticed in a long time. In fact, he had not seen her, the love of his life, in a very long time. Still, it had been years since he had seen the same golden glow around her, since as far back as the tranquility that the end of The War had brought them. Under the moonlight, they had made love then. Those days were pure ecstasy and, by now, long gone. It was a rare moment to see the tigress that he once knew in her eyes like he did on this day.

When your car receives its first dent, you want to scream. You want to swear. You want to jump up and down in anger, then find the person who did it and beat them. Maybe you dish out the few hundred ríokmarks, or even the thousand, to get the car fixed up as if it were brand spankin' new. The second time around that urge creeps back up, as your fists slowly ball up and shake. But, it's been hit before and you've already spent a lot of money, so fuck it. Still, you're pissed. A couple of months later it gets scratched again, a key mark on the lip of the hood, and this time you're a little less angry and a little less violent. By the seventh one you stop caring. Fedor's cars are spotless, his relationship with his wife was not.

What had gotten in their way all these years? Was it the endless galas and conferences that he attended with other world leaders? Was it the late nights he took with his kríerlords and sekois? Certainly, his habit of leaving months at a time played its part.

He still loved her, regardless. He had been gone for a long time again. The voyage to Gholgoth had gone on for the better of two months and that was without mentioning his time in Imbrinium that came next, among other imperial visits abroad. Of course, the imperial procession throughout the provinces, territories, and satrapies was not a slow affair and Fedor had been absolutely engrossed in it. Not since The War had he won such glory. He basked in it and although he tried to shine as much of the spotlight on Sophie and the children, Fedor realized even then that she was not totally in the moment. Her mind had fallen victim to idle thoughts and not all were pleasant, and all were distant and hidden — at least, they were hidden from him. She had receded from it all, too involved with her own troubles to care at all about what had taken her husband away from her. Fedor understood.

Yet there was always something in him that said that despite it all they would make it work like they had at first. There he stood, before her, seeing a flare of that old self of hers. They had been arguing about what he no longer remembered, that's how long they had been arguing. Frequent they had become and increasingly vicious, so much so that the maids were now quick to scoot the children away before they saw and heard too much. Even when there were guests did the bickering happen, although at least then she had the sense not to pursue it past the point of irredeemable embarrassment. But anger was her well of power and when she fought she was like a fierce lioness.

With a glint of lust in his eyes he moved up to her, like a lion on his prey. "Kiss me," he said, softly.

"No, Fedor," she said, harshly, her push as strong and aggressive as her tone. "I am serious. I cannot go on living like this. Fedor, I made a mistake so many years ago, when I first professed my love to you. I was young...and foolish. And so were you, to fall for a girl like me. You deserve an empress, a woman willing to wait for you."

"What?" Fedor asked, perplexed. "I still love you, Sophie. Don't you love me?"

The slap that cracked against his skin was like that of a sharp whip. Her hand glowed red from it, from how hard she had struck him. "You don't get to ask me that question," she hissed, as her eyes almost narrowed to slits like those of a heated feline. "I love you, Fedor. But I am dying. This life was not meant for me." Tears had begun to stream down her cheeks from the corners of her eyes and her voice quivered even in its steadiness. "I am empty inside, I feel alone, and I am alone. You are never here and soon neither will my children. You are giving them away, like slaves." She spat that last part out.

A deep surprise filled his face, taken aback by her words as he was. "Giving them away?" he questioned, almost as a statement, after awhile. "Elasny will be in the ear of the future Steward of Gholghant, and that if she does not marry Nathan's son instead," he said, the last name a reference to the Ghantish emperor. "Karl will marry a woman who will help us secure an alliance that guarantees our regional preeminence for another generation after me. I am not just merely giving them away. I am securing their well-being."

"But don't they have a choice in that?" pleaded Sophie, her voice quiet in exasperation.

"Yes," replied Fedor, now his own tone just a bit elevated. "They are just children now, but when they are older they will see the sense in my decision and will have chosen it themselves had they been of that age when the choice was made."

She exploded in what was as much as a long, wild cackle as it was a laugh. Hysterical, she stumbled about their bedroom — where their argument had finally gotten to, as they combated up and down the palace hallways — unable to to even hold herself upright, and she pushed against the bed to stop herself from falling onto it. "You cannot even persuade yourself with that malarkey, Fedor. And you know it!"

"I must do what's good for the empire! Don't you understand, woman!?" he shouted back.

"Always the empire!" she yelled back, her words now shrill and as sharp as a razor's edge. "What about your family, Fedor? What about me?!" By then she had been reduced to sobbing, her knees buckling and finally coming down to the floor, where she leaned forward and buried her eyes in her hands.

He, the proud Emperor of the Golden Throne, stood above her with his insides torn, as if his stomach were slashed from within and replaced with a bottomless, lonely pit that was consuming him. But he gulped back down whatever was coming up from those depths and his face hardened into stone. Bending down on one knee, his chest on her back, he said, softly, "I love you. This is why I throw myself at you now. I can, and always have, given you all my own when I can, but the empire needs an emperor, and I was trained to be that man. Nay, destined. You knew this then, and you understood, accepted, and even craved what it entailed. You chose that life because it excited you. I know you can be that woman again, and you must be that woman because you cannot divorce me. Not now, perhaps not ever. For the good of the empire I will not allow it, and you know that for the good of the empire I sacrifice all, so you know just how serious I am. But I know you. I know the woman I love, and she will come back to me."

She still cried and he stood, his face no less blank than it had been in that instant before. "Come, let us go to bed."

Sophie nodded but stayed there, head in her palms, for a moment. Fedor disappeared into the bathroom. Finally, she rose, sniffed twice, and made her way to the bed without further ado. She pulled back the blanket and the sheets just a little bit and folded herself into bed, whereupon she promptly turned off the lamp on her nightstand, closed her eyes, and fell asleep — at least, pretended to.

When Fedor had brushed his teeth and once again emerged, he stopped there at the door and gazed upon her with a sadness that he hardly showed to anyone, even his wife. We will make this work, he thought. An emperor, divorced! She must be mad. A temporary madness, I can only hope. There he stood, a shoulder propped against the doorway to hold him up, looking at her, mulling and musing over what had become of he and his empress. Somewhere she had fallen into the depravity of comfort in the routine and mundane. Perhaps it was when Karl had come, when the children had tied her down to the palace. His eyes flashed. Maybe she was afraid of having more. They were like shackles to her. Fedor tisked. Well, she would have to learn to cope, for they would not get divorced. What kind of man would drive away a woman as revered as her amongst her people? How could an emperor? It would tarnish him eternally.

Pushing himself off the wall, his face now fully sour, he turned and walked out the room, most likely to his study where he spent long hours thinking of things to do with government and things do with love.

II.

Fedor wondered at the patchwork of farms and forestland that extended across the Merican landscape. It was absolutely beautiful and reminded him of the rolling mosaic that was Ruska, one of his preferred Autumn destinations for when the capital warmed up into a furnace of heat fueled by the sun. There between a strongly sized tangle of forest sat a complex of wooden buildings which could be nothing but this fabled W.W. Mann Training Camp that they had all been talking about. There, in the center, was the concrete enclosure he was told to expect, where those wars of legend were kept. It was an adventure he looked forward to.

The helicopter's rotors beat heavily at the wind as they flew over the expanse of land below, like an arrow who's path was all mostly a blur. Beside him sat Ekrón, dark, circular sunglasses hiding his eyes. The two guards sat behind them, the back of their seats against those of the emperor and the head of security. The four artists sat two before the guards and two behind them. The Mericans had left on their to meet the imperial party there. One could hardly keep track of what sped by below them before it disappeared to their rear, as they flew over the rural paradise. Fedor looked down at it, saying hardly a word to anyone else with him.

Staring into that noisy abyss, though, his attention was fixated on it, though. Besides, the helicopter was landing skillfully upon the white helipad below and as soon as it came down, with hardly a bit of roughness to it it had to be said, a man on the other side had opened the hatch for them to step out. And that he did, trailed closely by Ekrón.

Fedor had taken off his fur coat and cuirass — when it came to actually hunting, the ornament was more of an encumbrance than anything else — but had replaced the former with a much more flexible and camouflaged alternative, albeit of a classic style befitting of an emperor. He wore tapered trousers that oftentimes showed the definition of his leg muscles as he walked, and they were tucked into tall brown boots made for riding. Alongside one of these you could see a thick knife that traveled down almost the entirety of his tibia. Above, beneath the jacket he most likely had opted for a tan shirt that was undoubtedly tucked into his pants and tied together by a sturdy, but somehow still impeccable brown leather belt that carried packs for his canteens, ammunition, and other supplies. There was plenty more to his attire, and although he perhaps looked different than his trainers, it was clear that he at least had done something of this sort of thing before.

That is, perhaps he wasn't a warden. But, neither was he a fool. Even if to them he may have looked ever so slightly like one.

But Fedor showed no sense of finding himself out of place. If anyone was misaligned, it surely was others, not His Imperial Majesty the Emperor of the Golden Throne. With sharp blue eyes surveying the trainers, he did not seem to even consider what anyone around him was wearing. Indeed, why should he pay any mind to such matters?

He did notice Ali, although one could have hardly seen it unless they had invaded his mind. His look did not linger on her, but it was certainly sharper and more focused. There was something about her, an air of confidence and aggression proper of a woman of power and, most importantly of all, will. It was not that she was attractive, although she very clearly was, but rather something about her had triggered a spiritual and primal emotion within him. His gaze had quickly moved onto Sam, the other instructor, in any case. Then it fell back on Ali, and almost as quickly as to what stood beside her.

Fedor hadn't noticed, but the cameraman had already seen the creature and the man had jumped back what seemed several feet. He had been carrying the camera on his shoulder, filming the trip-by-helicopter and the landing, but it took him a while to get the lens back on the emperor and that...wolf?...in front of him. "Sorry," the cameraman murmured.

The Macabean emperor had a devious smile on his face. He had heard about the wargs and how they were used by the wardens, and indeed to ride a warg in a hunt was one of the primary reasons he had come. He couldn't have looked anymore excited had he been rubbing his palms together in anticipation.

"Welcome," said Ali, to which Fedor nodded respectfully.

Ekrón stood many paces behind, even behind the cameraman. He was staying with the other three artists, who were vigorously recording the story through their own medium. The other two guards had been told to explore the camp, escorted by a local serviceman and whoever else the Mericans preferred to have them accompanied by. Fedor was to be left alone, even by Ekrón.

Ali talked some more while scratching the warg's ears. "Her name is Blaze," he said," say hi."

The creature half-barked, half-roared. It was hard to tell which one it was, that was how calamitous the sound had been.

Still, Fedor had a grin painted across his face. He let the warg sniff his hand, moving it slowly and without surprise, but still with confidence. The warg sniffed, at first cautiously. He noticed that it stayed close to Ali and seemed to feed off her energy as if the warg's intentions and hers were one in the same by some impermeable bond. It was truly quite fascinating. Finally, the warg came up to Fedor and licked his face, carving a path of slobber up the side of his jaw to the very top of his cheek. The emperor's grin widened into a smile as he laughed. "It is an honor to meet you, Blaze. I expect you to be as fully as stern and as strict with me as your master," he said to the warg. "I would be a fool not to."

"Let us begin," he finished, turning to his instructors.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Wed May 31, 2017 12:35 am

W.W. Mann Training Camp
Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

Ali smiles at Fedor and Blaze
"Well you passed the first test, Fedor. Now we can continue."
"What would have happened if I had failed" Fedor asks
"Simple" says Sam with his usual cocky grin "Blaze would have torn your arm off."
"But he did not and that is very important." Ali says sighing "Come one lets go and get you outfitted and teach you to ride a warg maybe not like a Warden but at least like a new Hunter." Ali says with a smile "Come on then" She turns and leads the group through the training center. And Blaze gets up and follows close behind Ali, like giant deadly second shadow.
They pass various building built out of native woods all of them are painted a pleasant shade of reddish purple. Some of them were being used as classroom, one could see inside through the windows and see classes being taught on wildlife and survival. One of them was clearly a mess hall. Interspersed among these are clusters of trees. Other were clearly being used as barracks, men and women hanging out on the porches playing cards or whittling or smoking some kind of pungent herb.

As they passed, one man, who was smoking, watched them walking and realized they were heading toward the large concrete construct and he smiled then called out
"SWWWWWEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!! NEW MEEEAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!" the man yelled in a high pitched tone guaranteed to carry across the center. People looked up and heads pocked out of the barracks and saw the group walking heading for the concrete construct.
The center erupted into calls of "NEW MEAT!!" interspersed with wolf howls and one group of women even started singing a funeral dirge, badly of course.
Sam snorted at all of this but Ali sighed
"Cut it out y'all. This ain't funny. He is important!!" She yelled but this only made then redouble there efforts adding in calls of "chew toy" and "fresh feed".
Sam smiled even wider now
"Come on Ali. You know there is no stopping them at all."
"Yeah I know but I had to at least try."
"Yeah it was the right thing to do."
"Come Fedor. Ignore them. They are just a bunch if immature kids."

The group keeps walking toward the concrete construct. As they near it the jeers are drowned out by the crackle of rifle fire from some unseen firing range. As they draw closer it become clear that the concrete construct is open at the top and more of pen shaped like an oval with high walls. Surrounding it is are tall fences anchored in concrete and made of thick steel bars the fences even had roofs made of the same bars. The fences formed smaller pins and enclosed passageways that all led to doors on the main concrete pin. The pins and passageways sprawled all over the left side of the enclosure. The pins were constructed of the same materiel as the fences and passageways and they too had roofs of steel bars. Inside of them were shed large enough for wargs to sleep comfortable in. All of them had curtain hanging in from made of rubber. And these building were clearly heated and cooled as could be seen by the units mounted high up on the rear of the sheds. Huge water and food dishes were placed in the pins as well. But the striking feature was the occupants of the pins. Each one contained a warg and there was a huge variety. Some were black, some were grey, other were brown and some were even white. They varied in size from that of a horse down to a pony. There was one pin that held a 7 golden brown pups no bigger than a beagle. These frolicked about barked and played with each other and generally did what pups do.
The group veered away from these and headed toward the right side of the enclosure were stood a large wooden shed painted the same color as the rest of the place. Next it was an large old oak tree. As the neared it became clear something was under the tree. Another warg with the same color golden brown color as Blaze lay under it but this one was even larger.
The massive warg suddenly snorted then very clearly snored. As the group got closer details became clearer. The wargs fur was streaked with grey and it looked older, not weak just much older. And something else became apparent, a man was laying next to the warg with his head propped in its side and he too was snorting loudly. He was dress in worn combat boots, blue jeans and a white shirt, which was getting stained from the grass. He had a wide soft brimmed, called a fedora locally, pulled down hiding part of his face but is was clear that is was at least clean shaven and it was tanned from exposure to the sun and lined from age. Around his waste was an old brown leather belt, hanging from its left side was holstered revolver with a handle worn from use but it has still been well cared for and on his left is a curved knife currently sheathed, it too has a worn look about and an odd pommel stone that is multiple shades of red and that the colors seem to swirl around inside of the rock.
Sam and Ali ignore the man and escort Fedor inside the shed

Upon entering, one can see that the shed has one walled lined with long pegs and on those pegs are saddles and straps, some of them even have names hanging from them on string and note cards. The saddles are shaped a little bit differently that traditional western style one used on horses, these seem to be slightly thinner, lighter, more streamlined and the stirrups and there straps have weird metal latches on them as well. Halters hang alongside them. On the other side of the shed hang oversized jackets and pants made of some kind of dark brown leather and below them are boots just like the ones Ali and Sam are wearing. Above the jackets are helmets similar to the ones bikers wear.
Ali grabs a saddle off of the wall and Sam grabs a set of pants, jackets, boots and helmets. They carry the gear outside and Sam turns to Fedor still looking serious now.
"Alright Fedor time to get dressed, here but these on except for the helmet. This is protective gear and you may not need it but if you do you are gonna be glad you have it." he says strangely serious for once.
Fedor puts it on as instructed. It is clear the jacket is padded and the pants to a limited degree, both have been reinforced with strips of an odd grey wood. The pants have slots cut out of them for latches on the boots and the jacket has a high collar that cover the neck. While warm and a bit uncomfortable, it provided its wearer with a lot more protection then they would have with out it. While Fedor is getting dressed under Sam's close supervision, Ali has been saddling up Blaze with quick practiced movements.
When both are finished, Ali turns to Fedor.
"So Fedor you know how to ride a horse?"
"Yes I know and have ridden horse. I have also ridden many other kinds of animals."
"Good we won't be starting from the bottom them. Riding a warg is kind of like riding a horse only a few things are different."
"More like a lot." Interjects Sam but Ali continues ignoring him
"While much of the mechanics of riding do remain the same, from balance to muscle control, there are a few fundamental difference. First among them you are not riding some placid easily swayed herbivore. You are riding a carnivore, that is barely constrained by years of conditioning and training. The best bonds are formed when you raise the warg from a pup like I did with Blaze here." She says scratching behind the big wargs ears. The warg smiles and its tail wags happily.
"In this case a powerful bond is formed and they are completely loyal to you and are some of the best companions you can ask for, making for life long friends and partners. We don't have time to do that with you, unfortunately even though it is the best approach. The other is far more ... hazardous."

Sam's smile is back as he pipes up
"She mean you could get your head bit off but that is why you got the newbie leathers- sorry my bad the safety gear."
Ali sighs again continues
"The other method - well methods - involved either dominating a warg or earning its trust. Learning how to dominate one takes years of practices and training. Learning to hone your reflexes to a razors edge and learning to read the wargs movements and thoughts. Learning to be able to predict its movements. It is almost more of an art than a sciences but again we don't have time. And if you screw up you die and that would be very bad."
Sam snorts
"Understatement of the year right there" he says sarcastically.
Ali snort briefly too before continuing looking up at him
"Sam go get the rest of the stuff" she orders and he gives her a mock salute and re-entering the shed.
"See wargs like people have different personalities, some are sweet and nice, some are aggressive and territorial and some are just down right mean, but with the nicer ones earning there trust works just as well. This brings us to the final method which anyone can easily do given the right circumstances but even then sometimes it can go wrong that is why we have the bite suit. However I don't think it will go wrong at all. Well if you are ready lets begin."
"I am" responds Fedor and he moves toward Blaze but Ali puts out a hand and stops him.
"Oh no. No rides Blaze but me. The one you will be practicing on is in side there." Ali point to the concrete enclosure smiling.
At this time Sam reappears with some more things including a saddle and two coils of rope one of which he tosses to Ali and the other he holds onto smiling.

"Well" Ali says climbing up and mounting Blaze "Lets go." and Blaze moves off at slow pace to a side door in the enclosure which Sam opens allowing them inside. The door it self is made of heavy duty steal and is heavily reinforced. On the inside many dents and deep scratches are apparent. Inside the group walks down a long ramp with high concrete walls one either side and again more deep scratches and claw marks can be seen. They stop at another one of the thick steel gates which Sam opens to let Ali, Blaze and Fedor through but he stops the artist and shakes his head.
"Authorized personnel only. You guys will have to watch from the seat." He says pointy to another heavy duty door mounted in the wall then closes the gate and firmly secures it. He drops the saddle next to the gate but keeps the rope which he then proceeds to tie to the back of Fedor's bite suit
"If you get in trouble I will yank on this and get you out of it alright?" Sam says and Fedor nods in response.
From the bottom it i clear that top is indeed open to the elements and that they are standing in massive deep pit. The floor is open and covered in sand. The middle of the oval is open in a forming a large circle around the edges barriers of varying height are arranged and off to one side is a large number of wide concrete post each about ten feet tall and 5 feet around. The sides of these post are scored with deep claw marks like something has been trying to climb them...or like something has been leaping from the side of one to the side of another. More steel gates can be seen dotting the walls of the enclosure and various pins for holding are embedded in the walls as well. The walls of the pit rise at least 25 feet in the air and behind them bleachers can clearly be seen. Which are no occupied by people from the training center who have come to watch the new meat fail and to laugh at him.
Ali and Sam ignore them all as they focus on Fedor.
"Don't worry." Ali says next to Fedor from atop "Just do as I say exactly as I say is and everything will be alright" Ali reassures him as she ties her rope into lasso.

One of the gates open and six more brown wargs and riders file in. Two of them are carrying large tranquilizer guns while three of them are caring lassos just like Ali. To the last one, Ali tosses the rope she tied to and Sam tosses her the rope tied to Fedor's back and he then retreats to the gate the 4 of them entered from and waits by the extra saddle he brought in. Ali ties the rope off to her own saddle.
"Relax you life is in good hands." he says
"I am relaxed" he responds
Ali just smiles back at him while the remaining riders form a loose circle in the middle of the ring and wait.
"You ready?" Ali asks Fedor and he nods as he puts on the helmet.
Ali lets out a loud piercing whistle and in response one of pins opens with a loud clang and warg steps out. This one is larger than average but not as large as Blaze. It's fur is as black as a moonless midnight and its eyes are bright yellow circles. It looks young but is fully grown and more than capable of tearing a man apart with its razor sharp claws. The warg moves forward gracefully and easily. It stops and looks around curious at its surroundings and what is going on.
"Alright Fedy, first you need to get it attention. Her name is Midnight. Call out to her. Whistle at her tell her to come to you."
Fedor nods and does as he is instructed
Midnight's head snaps around and her yellow eye's bore into Fedor. And she slowly start to move forward.
"Alright now move forward as well but only at the same speed as her."
Fedor now walks forward slowly but steadily when he and the warg are face to face less than five feet apart Ali calls out for him to stop and he does.
"Now she is doing to circle you, don't move."
Midnight circles Fedor a few time moving slowly looking over every inch of Fedor. Then she comes to a stop in front of him and stands there staring him down.
"You are going great. Now slowly raise a hand and offer it to her to smell, but hold your position and don't move."

Again Fedor does as his is instructed but everyone else grow tense especially the other riders. The two with the guns bring them up and drawn a bead on Midnight while the ones with the rope ready themselves. Ali takes all the slack out of the line and ready herself to spur Blaze on and yank Fedor out of danger should the warg decide that it did not like him. The warg moves forward slowly, lowers her head and sniffs his hand and the tension rises like a rocket. The warg continues to sniff Fedor's hand for what feels like an eternity. Then it finally nuzzles his hand and licks the front of the helmet several times. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief.
Ali smiles again thinks
He actually got it right. Most people screw this up and freak out or upset the warg. I mean sure we picked the easiest one could find but still, it is a warg and most people freak out on seeing one. He must have nerves of steel. Maybe there is more to him than meets the eye.
"SAM!!! Come on and bring the saddle and untie Fedy from the rope."
"Yeah yeah. I am coming!!!" Sam calls back as he lugs the saddle and gear. Sam then carefully instructs Fedor on how to saddle up a warg properly, since it is slightly different than saddling up a horse.
"You might wanna keep the suit on Fedor, since it offer you alot of protection but I won't make you. Now you mount one like just like a horse except for one extra step. See these latches?" Sam says tapping the metal bits on the inward facing portions of the boots "They attach to these here on the saddle" he says tapping the same one "Some maneuvers we do can get petty intense and these help us stay in the saddle during them and staying in the saddle when doing things like firing weapons from the saddle or steering with out using your hands. Climb up now."
Fedor climbs up on Midnight who is patiently waiting for him.
"Alright now pick up your right leg and bring it straight down then slide forward and pull up then repeat this for your left."
Again Fedor carries out the instructions perfectly and he feel the latches lock together securing his legs to the saddle.
"Great. He is all yours Ali!!" Sam calls out, hands Fedor the reins, and then scampers away.

"Great now again the mechanics are a lot like horse back riding only wargs and jump higher and move faster. Now lets begin with some basic moves so you can get a feel for what riding a warg is like."
And so over the next few hours Ali puts Fedor and Midnight through there paces. It is clear that Fedor has experience riding various creatures and quickly adapts to riding wargs readily enough. From running at full speed to jumping to sudden turns, Fedor seems to have little trouble with any of it. The only hitch occurs when Ali demonstrates one of the more advanced techniques. She starts on one end of the cluster of concrete pillars then gets Blaze going at full speed. Both of them turn into a blur and they jump at the pillars. Blazes paws make contact with first one and then pushes off and twists in mid air. Her paws lands another and she repeats the stunt. Ali and Blaze do it again and again all the way through the forest of concrete pillars and add a new set of claw marks to the collection on each pillar. Finally they come out the other side and land, throwing up a huge cloud of sand both of them clearly tired and breathing heavily. The remains of the assembled crowd cheers her on. Ali smiles and waves at them, both here and blaze breathing heavily. Fedor lines himself up and attempts to replicate her feat. He charges the pillars at full speed and Midnight jumps and connects with the first one. He paws land on it and she pushed off but misses the second pillar and instead spins around mid air. Fedor suddenly comes loose from the saddle and flies away as Midnight hits the ground and rolls a few times and throws up a cloud of sand. Fedor lands with a crash and throw up alot of sand as well.

Ali races over to his side and leaps off Blaze landing rolling and then coming up right next to him while Sam dashes off to check on Midnight. Ali pulls the helmet off and checks his vitals
"Are you hurt or injured? Do you feel any pain at all?"
Ali leans over him running her hands all over his body looking for any sign of injury. Some of her red hair has come undone and is now hanging down and it is long enough some of it trails over Fedor.
Fedor grunts and leverages himself up
"No I am fine. The suit did its job." He then climb to his feet and brushes dust off himself and Sam comes over leading Midnight who while a bit dirtier now, is none the worse for wear.
"I think that is enough riding for now." Sam says and then his stomach loudly grumbles.
"I think it is lunch time" Ali says smiling
"Agreed" says Fedor
"Great" says Sam handing the reigns off to one of the still mounted riders who lead Midnight away "Let me help you our of that thing" Sam says as he help Fedor remove the hot stuffy safety suit.

Ali turns and leads them out of the enclosure the same way they came in. Upon exiting the ring they head over to the shed only for resonate baritone voice to calmly say from behind them.
"Not bad for a first timer Fedor. You screwed up that last bit that is a complicated move that takes even the best years to master. But again overall great for a first timer."
Ali and Sam spin around to see the man who had been nap[ping under the tree from before. With his face clearly exposed one could see that it was indeed lined from age and tanned from exposure to the sun. And while old age had made some inroads he was still very well muscled and in great shape for an old man. At 6 feet tall he was not the tallest, both Sam and Ali were taller than him, and worse age had started to stoop him a bit. His face could best be described as plain or maybe painfully average but the most striking feature are his eyes. They are blue with rings of green on the outside and they gave his gaze have a piercing quality that seemed to go right through a person and lay bare there most inner secrets and feeling, like nothing was safe and he saw everything. A cocky crooked grin graced his mouth.

Ali looked at the man then dashed over and hugged him hard and Blaze trotted over and licked him in the face. Eventaully he let Ali go
"Hey little bit it is great to see you." The man said
"I know same for you what are you doing here?" Ali asks
"Well I was dropping off a load of pups for the Wardens but then I heard that you were coming so I decided to stick around a bit." he responds
"How could you have heard? This was supposed to be secret." Ali retorts
"I gots eyes and ears and friends around little bit." he says with shrug
"Sure oh Sam you know who this is?"
Sam nods in repect at the man and smiles
"Nice to finally meet you" he says offering a hang which the man takes and shakes.
"Same to you " He replies
"Fedor. This is my dad, Patrick O'Conner." Ali says
Patrick O'Conner turns and offers him his hand as well
"I have heard of you now." Patrick says with smile.
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Wed May 31, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IATA Member

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Fedor had not paid much mind to the people jeering. Those things hardly troubled him. If wasting their time gave those people a sense of significance, more power to them. Besides, they were just having a bit of fun and the Macabean emperor could hardly blame them for that. After all, it was not every day that you were able to demean a man of Fedor's power and status — and get away with it.

His mind, in any case, quickly reset itself on what mattered: his lesson.

That morning Fedor had meditated. Many years ago, when he was still a boy, his grandfather's royal court in Macabea had been visited by a monk from a far and distant land. The man had said he had come from the north, from a nation called Nifon. A monk, as the man had designated himself. Quite wise, this monk would remain the young prince's tutor and one the king's advisors for almost half a decade, before once again departing to where exactly he had never said. Perhaps to another land or back to his own people. Whatever happened of the man, he had by then already influenced Fedor. Meditation had been one of the things that he had taught the then-prince, meditation and humility.

There is a theory in psychology termed priming. It says that one can stimulate a certain response or thought by making a perceptual or semantic connection. This would occur if, for example, one was to say the word yellow and then, in an unrelated and tangential statement, ask the person he was speaking with to think of a fruit. The most likely response would be 'banana.'

And one could just as well prime through meditation. To breathe, take in energy, and then to think of what one was grateful for, and finally to cheerlead for oneself — to prime oneself for the challenging day ahead.

It was a custom that few in the Golden Throne were familiar with, although foreign practices were becoming more and more widespread in the increasingly cosmopolitan empire, and Fedor kept it as his own little secret. Not even Ekrón knew — none but Sophie and the children. Indeed, Fedor had already started to impart the ritual unto young Karl, who would need to have the serenity of an emperor to one day follow in the footsteps of his father and be one.

And so it was with total focus that he followed Ali and Sam through the camp to what seemed like a concrete maze. It was where they penned their wargs, Fedor soon learned. They walked their way to a shed, by which there was an oak tree with a man and his warg sleeping beneath it. There was a familiarity to the man, although Fedor could not make out his facial features perfectly and, anyways, why would he know anyone here? This was his first time meeting a warden, after all. And so he reserved judgment and followed his two instructors into the shed, whereupon they quickly got to work in preparing him for what was to come.

Once he was dressed and briefed, they made their way to an enclosure. As it turned out, Fedor would not be riding Blaze. He would have a creature of his own, Midnight was her name. Her fur was as black as night and her eyes as yellow as sulfur. She stalked up to him, Ali giving Fedor instruction all the while. Around Fedor's waist the rope was tight, ready to pull him out from the enclosure in case Midnight decided that he made a better dinner than he made a friend. The warg sniffed and sniffed, familiarising herself with the specimen presented before her. Fedor could see a river of power flow through those eyes, as they looked at, studied, and weighed him. It was a hair-raising experience, but Fedor emitted not an ounce of fear, less Midnight find him unworthy. Neither would he dare show it to his instructors, nor to the people watching on from behind thick glass — they would not see him fail.

Finally, Midnight relented and gave Fedor a great big lick.

Ali looked impressed, although it might have been an impression more molded out of low expectations than anything else. Good. At least he was doing better than they thought he would, which was always a good sign that you're doing something right. Besides, there was something about her today. A glow to her that Fedor hadn't seen before.

There was hardly any time at all to think about Ali, though, as they soon had Fedor saddled up on Midnight. He had plenty of safety harnesses and other equipment of the same ilk strapped to him, as if he were a marionette, but when he saw Ali fly atop Blaze, from one pillar to the next, he was glad for it.

Because as soon as she was finished it was his turn.

He narrowed his eyes. He had watched what she had done. Much of it happened too quickly, and in too much of a blur, for him to take note of all of the details, but he took in what he could. But he was committed to his masters, as a good student should be, and so in his mind returned the void that he always created when he sought to focus on something. Whether he was firing an arrow, wielding a sword, or navigating a host of hostile diplomats, the void helped to temper him and to guide him through the omnipresent storm of emotions a man could go through when the situation deteriorated. The void came and Fedor kicked off, or better said Midnight did, for he could do nothing but ride her as she got off to a running start and made the jump onto the first pillar. He would have felt majestic had it not been for the second jump, which Midnight had missed altogether, throwing Fedor off in the subsequent mid-air tumble.

Fedor hit the dirt like a flung rock, rolling around, with sand going into his mouth. He could feel the rough pull at his skin that would leave scrapes, marks, and bruises, and he could feel every bang on his bones. He lay still for a second and groaned, then turned onto his front and pushed himself up while coughing sand up all the while.

Ali had come to his side quickly. "Are you hurt or injured? Do you feel any pain at all?" she asked.

Her big eyes peered into his and his gut began to itch. "No, I am fine. The suit did its job," he said, awkwardly, while trying to brush some of the dirt off of him.

That seemed enough for her, though, and they were soon walking back out of the practice area, back towards the shed they had come from. There, the man beneath the tree was still sleeping with his warg. Spectators that had come to see the egotistical, megalomaniacal Emperor of the Golden Throne fail were also heading out to where they had come from, surely pleased with what they had watched. After all, Fedor did fall. But it had been some time since he had felt a rush like that and, if anything, the tumble had only made him all the more hungry to learn more and, finally, hunt.

Before they had gone very far, though, there was a shout from behind. "Not bad for a first timer, Fedor. You screwed up that last bit that is a complicated move that takes even the best years to master. But, again, overall great for a first timer."

It was the man who had been sleeping beneath the tree! And that face was becoming more familiar. Ali seemed to recognize it almost instantaneously, as she went off running in his direction. Fedor smiled. It was Patrick O'Connor — perhaps 'Mericas most important leader in their history, or close enough to it. Of course, he knew him. Fedor was, after all, a world leader and a learned man.

"Fedor. This is my dad, Patrick O'Conner," said Ali.

Patrick turned to the emperor. ""I have heard of you now."

"Likewise, friend," replied Fedor, who stepped up with an outstretched right arm. "It is an honor to finally meet you. I hope I wasn't as embarrassing as I thought myself to be flying off Midnight back there. Alas, one must make mistakes in order to learn, no? It could have been worse, of course, and it most likely would have been had I not the best teacher, Ali...and Sam, of course. Both of them have been simply exemplary."

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:28 pm

W.W. Mann Training Camp
Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

Patrick takes Fedor hand, still smiling and squeezes down hard. For an old man he still has quite the grip, but Fedor squeezes back and manages to hold his own.
"Nice to know the world has not forgotten about me, even though I have grown so old and all but disappeared from the world."
Sam snorts
"I do not think anyone is going to forget about you any time soon, sir." he says with a mischievous twinkle in his eye "You let some pretty incredible stories in your wake."
"You are-"the warg behind Patrick leans forward and pushes on his shoulder with its muzzle "hey what are you- oh right. Fedor meet Holo." Patrick says patting the warg on her shoulder. The massive warg pads forward and lowers its head to look Fedor in the eye. Her bright red eyes gleam with intelligence and ferocity. She leans forward right into Fedor face then sniffs him once...twice ... then she chuffs. And finally licks him, starting from his chin and going all the way up his forehead right down the middle of his face and she makes it extra wet and sloppy. Drool and spit drip off of his face and his bangs now shit straight up from the warg's drool and some of it even gets in Fedor's mouth. It leaves Fedor sputtering as everyone snorts in laughter. Patrick sighs and calmly removes a clothe from a pocket and offers it to Fedor who takes it and begins wiping off his face.
"Sorry bout that. It is how she says hi and I have never been able to break her of that habit in all these years."

"Say Dad" Ali asks "Wanna join us for lunch?"
"Sure little bit. I gots nothing else to do today. So why not?" Patrick says
"Great we just need to get Fedor undressed and then we can go."
Sam cocks an eyebrow at Ali but a glare from her stops him dead. The 4 of them walk over to the shed and get Fedor out of the bite suit before heading to the cafeteria, a large purplish red building. Inside wardens in training are eating lunch and making a lot of noise. The clatter of trays and plates and silver ware, the sound of conversation and people yelling but as the door swings open is quickly grinds to a halt when they see Fedor. Then they applaud him and some call out
"NOT BAD NEWBIE" or "GREAT JOB WALKING IT OFF!!" or "NICE JOB NOT DYING"
Ali leads the group through the main dining room, which is lined with tables and chairs, through the serving area, through the kitchen to a bad room that has been prepared for Fedor and his two tutors. As they enter a man in white apron is setting a fourth place for at the table. And the group takes a seat and soon the food is brought out. Meatloaf with mas potoatos and gravy with green beans and every one digs in. Finally Fedor speaks up
"Holo is an unusual name. Where does it come from?" he asks
Patrick swallows some meatloaf
"It comes from an old legend. The wolf and the merchant. Holo was the name of the deity in the legend that takes the form of either a giant warg or a young girl and she chose to travel with a wandering merchant. Being a fan of classics I chose it as a name for her."
"Ahhh...interesting..." Fedor says.
"We will be going to the range next Fedor." Ali says "Need to famalize you with the weapons you will be using."
Fedor nods.
Soon they finish eating and leave heading for the range.

A crackle of small arms fire marks the location of the range. It is a large one over a mile long and one mile in length. It is sub divided into pistols, long range and extra long range. Giant berms mark the far end of each range and target made of steel stand at various ranges.
Sam and Ali lead Fedor first to the pistol range where they introduce him to a variety of revolvers while Patrick hangs back and watches.
"These are you choices Fedor" Sam begins "We have a Casual .454, Eastwood and Wayne 500 or 510 super magnum. Or a Ragin Judge 490. All of these are standard weapons used on drakon hunts. Lets start with the .454."
Sam leads Fedor down the line of weapons he fires each one and gets a feel for it. Until he reaches the .510, Fedor picks it up, it is heavy gun but Sam stops him from loading it.
"Here you are gonna need this" says Sam then slide an arm brace over Fedor shooting hand then lets him load and shoot the revolver. The gun makes a thunderous crash and the recoil startles him and flings his arm up and almost loses the weapon but recovers quickly
"My God!!!" exclaimed Fedor after firing the .510.
"Yeah" says Sam "Alot of people say that but this one is the best anti drakon side arm, I use the term loosely, around. Very powerful but hard to control."
"Yep" Patrick interjects as he walks forward "But the .510 are guaranteed to wing a drakon for sure. And with the right shot placement drop em."
He turns and look down range squirting at Fedor targets
"Not bad shooting Fedor."
Then in one smooth motion Patrick draws his own side arm. It is an unusual gun with several odd features. Most noticeable is the while it is a revolver the barrel lines up with the bottom of the rotating cylinder instead of the top and along the top is a bar connecting to the frame and barrel but it has slot cut clear through it for cooling. Second is graduated sight that flips up from the rear that has ranges marked from 25 to 150. And third is barely noticeable as Patrick rips off all seven of the shots the gun holds at the farthest target on the range, 100 yards. The seven shots blend together in one continuous roar, until Patrick runs out of ammo. Then he flips open the cylinder and produces spare ammo from some where and starts to reload.
Sam picks up a pair of binoculars from a bench and peers down range at the target and whistles before handing them off to Fedor who looks as well. Down range one can see that all seven shots are perfectly grouped dead center of the target.
Patrick smiles and rehoolsters his side arm.
"Damn, I hate getting old. In my prime I would of shot a smiley face in that target." Patrick remarks sounding slightly disappointed in himself.
They move on to the rifle range.

"All right Fedor first thing you need to know is that drakons are tough. There bones are reinforced with a naturally occurring variant of carbon fiber, and there skin is so tough it was once used to make the first bullet proof armor. And still is some circles while looking like a nice leather jacket. The rifle you will be using can forces its way through the skin and injure the beasts however an injured drakon is more dangerous. There are some ways to get a clean kill thought. A few weak points if you will. One is the eyes, two is a small spot on the back of the head at the base of the neck, and three is a bit scary. Drakon like to roar before they charge and during that roar if you can get a shot into the roof of the mouth near the back you can kill it. Now with all that out of the way. Sam the rifle."
Sam smiles as he flips open a case to reveal a black rifle. The stock is plastic with lots of padding and a pistol grip, while the lower receiver remains empty and thick barrel shroud surround the barrel which ends in a blocky muzzle brake and a ACOG sight sits mounted firmly on top. A large tube starts from the mag well and goes about half way the barrel It is an ugly dirty looking weapon that nonetheless radiate lethal purpose. Sam reaches in a picks it caressing the weapon like a new born.
"This beauty" Sam says with great enthusiasm "Is the brand new Eastwood and Wayne .50 Beowulf Anti-Hostile Wildlife Rifle. It shoots a half inch slug at about 3,650 feet per second and with new anti drakon rounds is guaranteed to go through even the toughest hide. Extensive use of new materials has led to a surprisingly light rifle, that while powerful has a low enough recoil to be safely fired while mounted but with plenty of stopping power. It can reach out up to 3,000 yards and the target will still feel it. While not much of a looker, she will get the job done."
Ali rolls her eyes at Sam
"Stop trying to sell us the thing and give it to Fedor so he can shoot the thing." Sam smiles and hands it over to Fedor. The rifle is lighter than it looks. Fedor handles it a bit bringing it up to firing position then down again.
"Took them forever to get it right." Sam says "First it was too heavy then it too fragile and it exploded cause the cartridge was too powerful and then it recoiled too much to be fired from warg back but finally Eastwood & Wayne got it right. The Beowulf can be fired on foot, in a stand or from the back of an animal. The last one is the most important since that is from where you will be shooting from. This one has been zeroed at 200 yards with that 4x zoom sight and the targets are start at 50 yards and go out to a 1000 with 50 yard intervals. After you get used to it, we will see about customizing one for you. Here." Sam hands Fedor a loaded mag containing 12 rounds "The targets down range have been set up to simulate the kill areas for a drakon. Have at it. We got plenty of spare mags." Sam says as he steps back and lets Fedor shoot. The gun has a loud boom but less recoil than one would expect and he slowly hammers out some rounds down range.
IATA Member

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:53 pm

I.

"Slow your breathing, Fedor," said Jonak, with a low voice. "Remember, you are the hunter, it is the prey. You have nothing to fear, it everything."

The young prince took a big breath and then tried to release it more slowly. His hair had been cut short, so much so that you could see the scalp through the thin, blonde strands. One eye was shot, the other looked through the scope of a wood-finished hunting rifle. Small as he still was, his right hand barely wrapped around the rifle's etched pistol grip. The rifle, even positioned as it was firmly against the valley of the shoulder, looked as if it would blow him away. Fedor tried to look grim, but the truth was that he was scared. This was to be his first kill and Fedor had never before thought himself a killer.

Against the white of the mountainside snow, there was a great gray Arángo feeding on the blood-stained carcass of a sacrificed ewe. Steam came from out of its nostrils as warm air mixed with the frigid night. It was a ferocious thing of undoubtedly more than 700 pounds, standing on four trunk-like legs as its equally thick neck craned into its dinner. Its skin was tough and rugged as if it would scrape any hand that ever tried to touch it.

An ugly thing, in truth. Large, yet impossibly beady eyes were half hidden behind large, droopy ears. There was a constant low growl to its chew as if even while its dinner was being eaten it was still a game of domination and death.

"Do not squander this opportunity, Fedor," whispered Jonak again. The king looked warily at the Arángo, which was still digging viciously into its slain food. His eyes looked sharp, accented by the streams of gray that traveled back into thick pale hair, and he looked as calm as stone. "Breathe in, boy, deeply, and release slowly."

Every man must be a hunter or they will condemn themselves to be purely prey.. His grandfather, the one crouched beside him, had told him that. At the time, Fedor was no more than eight years old and merely accompanied his grandfather on his trips to the Díenstadi mountains that ran down the peninsula like a well-muscled spine. Trips like this one. Except then he wasn't the one with the rifle. And then wasn't his time to choose what kind of man he'd be. But that time had come finally. Fedor was facing it with his right cool blue eye looking down the length of sight, finger wrapped lightly around the finger, just like his grandfather had taught him. He breathed in.

He held it in his lungs for a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity. A tingle began to travel down between his shoulders towards his tail bone. Beside him, his grandfather, the king, crouched silently and intensely with calm breath. The Arángo was picking at a few bones scattered near the carcass. Fedor released his breath...

...and squeezed the trigger, releasing a calamitous bang that echoed against the hillsides.

Ahead, the Arángo collapsed into the snow, a pool of blood all around it spreading like little streams feeding into a larger lake. Its tongue lolled motionlessly.

"Good job, boy," said Jonak, who patted his grandson lightly on the back. The king stood smiling and Fedor followed, cradling the long rifle in his two arms. Never before had he felt so proud, standing by the man he respected the most, the man who looked at him with a great grin that meant more to Fedor than anything other than his mother.

"Your father missed his first time," said the king before setting off toward the downed beast.

II.

"The .510," said Fedor, when Sam was showing him the sidearms. If it was the right caliber to have in a last stand against a drakon, then it was the only sensible choice.

They walked over to the range soon after. Sam quickly jumped to showing Fedor the rifle they'd be using, the Eastwood and Wayne .50 Beowulf. It was a gun that had the body of an infantryman's rifle, with the deadly power of a marksman's caliber. Sam waxed poetic for a long while and knew it intimately, that much was obvious. Ali poked fun at her coworker, but the truth was that a good hunter knew his—or her—arms as if they were bodies that they had dissected and reassembled over and over again. Fedor knew that not just from the hunting trips with his grandfather, he was afterall a military man — as all proper Díenstadi aristocrats are.

Sam handed the rifle over to Fedor as he continued to describe it. The man seemed to have a great respect for the weapon, and so Fedor decided then and there that he would as well. He showed as much when he handled it, careful to treat it just like his grandfather had taught him so many years ago. Truth was, the emperor was excited to use it, and not only due to prospect of hunting drakons. He was a firearm aficionado as well, as all hunters tended to be of course.

He pulled the charging handle back to inspect the chamber. "A beautiful weapon," he said, as he spot checked the barrel, the trigger, and what he could see of the bolt mechanism.

Standing still, Fedor slid the loaded magazine into the well and then slapped it on the bottom for good measure. He pulled the charging handle back to chamber the first round and then he placed the stock against the pit of his shoulder. He aimed at the target 300 yards out, targeting the small of the back like Sam had said. He breathed, released, fired. Breathed, released, fired. Then squeezed once more.

Fedor looked at the grouping through the scope and grunted favorably. Only one round had hit the intended spot, the other had still landed tightly, if just outside the weak area of the drakon representative. He moved the rifle over a slight degree and dabbled with the scope, adjusting a knob. Then the Macabean emperor squeezed the trigger again, sending a round through the bottom right corner of one of the eyes. He adjusted his aim to a target out at eight hundred yards, repeating the same exercise, then again at one thousand yards. The magazine fell from the well before that last round struck home and Fedor quickly grabbed another one to slam it into place, pulling the charging handle back to load the first cartridge again.

This went on for some time. The recoil was light, surprising for a rifle so short and firing such a large round. Fedor exploited this to the fullest, using the available ammunition generously. If he was going to hunt drakons, he best make sure that he brought his deadeye. Besides, he was having quite a bit of fun.

Finally, he stopped, ejecting the magazine and clearing the chamber again, for good measure.

"A good rifle," he said.

He looked at it, inspected it. "I am no expert marksmen. I am an emperor after all, I hire expert marksmen to kill for me, so why need I bother with trivialities? But all my life I have been raised around weapons and war, I have fought in battles, I have ordered entire armies into the pit and I have overseen their armament. I know a good rifle. The Beowulf is outstanding, Sam. My congratulations."

A good distance away, sitting on wooden benches that looked particularly uncomfortable, the artists scribbled, drew, and filmed away as the training continued.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 pm

W.W. Mann Training Camp
Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

Sam picked up an old worn looming pair of binoculars off of the equally old and worn looking table that sat on the ranges firing line and he peered though them down the range at the targets and grunted
"Not bad for someone who claim to not be a marksman...not bad at all. Definitely a few kill shots in there and wounding ones as well."
Patrick holds out his hand and Sam gives him the binoculars and he too peers down range. Patrick grunts
"Been doing this awhile I suspect." Remarks Patrick in very dry tone of vioce causing Sam to smile.
"I think you might be right sir." He answers then turns to Ali "Seems like we can skip instructing you marksmanship ...Ali think we can move to mounted shooting?"
Ali seems to think for a minute then nods.
"Go get Midnight Sam and I will take Fedor over to the mounted ranges."
Sam nods then turns and jogs off for the pins.
Ali turns and grabs the .510 and then speaks to Fedor
"Keep the gun and let's go" she turns and leads him off. Patrick shrugs and mumbles something about nothing better to do then follows after them and Holo follows behind him, a second massive shadow. The group walks for a ways until they arise at the mounted ranges. They are set up just like the others with a few exepctions. First the pistol range doubles for shotguns, and instead of a shed covering the firing line it is open and a low concrete wall marks the line and divides between each of the three ranges. Large 30 yard wide squares was marked off in front of each range just behind the firing line forming a large rectangle and inside each one Wardens mounted on warg back were walking trotting back and forth while firing at targets exactly lime the ones from the other range.
Ali leads the group behind the red line marking the rear of the firing box.
"Alright Fedor you proved you can shoot and shoot well and you can ride well too...now let's see you put both of them together "
At this time Sam returns with Midnight sattled up and ready to go. Fedor swiftly mounts her and takes the ammo given to him and smiles.

Hours later after they are done Patrick walks up to Fedor
"Not bad for an outsider much less a pampered royal emepror" Patrick smiles taking all sting out of the jibe which was clearly intended as a joke
"Why don't you come and jion me and Ali and the whole family tonight at my place?"
Fedor pushes and seems to think this over for a minute which makes Ali and Sam very nervous.
Patrick is a believer in the old ways, traditions and rules of his homeland, a fact that is well known by anyone who has studied the man. And an invatation such as this was a big deal no matter how informal and rejecting it especially from some one like Patrick O'Conner could be considered a slap in the face and devolve from there.
However Fedor smiles and says
"Yes I would love to attend dinner with you and your family."
"Great come around 745 or so. Now excuse me I need to go and help set up." With that Patrick turns and leaves.

O'Conner Farm and Homestead
Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

Ali and Sam are both seated in the front of the cab of an official Warden SUV. The vehicle was forest green and clearly had a lot of modifications done to it. In the back was Fedor and his entourage as they traveled down an old and worn tar and gravel road that seen better days around the time of Moses. The country side was a mixture of green forests and fields with growing crops mixed with the odd house. In the distance a mountain range is clearly visible the peaks covered in green forests that have an odd blue tint to them.

The group had not been traveling long only about 15 minutes when they turned onto a old dirt road that was in pretty bad shape. The group was jostled and bounced around around a bit as they traveled down the road. Tree and brush grow close to the dirt road, which is more of a trail and the the trees branches overhang creating a green tunnel for the group to pass through. On the way they pass a break in the woods. On the side of the road is an couple of tall wide shelters under which are various peices of farm equipment from tractors to planters to combines.
Eventaully they arrive at there destination. The tunnel opens up into a broad flat open area where the road splits forming circle so drivers don't have to back up to turn around and another worn set of tire tracks branches off to go behind the old two story ranch style house with a wrap around screened in porch on its left. On the right of the house just visible is a large garden filled with fully mature vegetable plants, from squash to cucumbers to tomatoes. In front of the garden clearly visible is a pair of old gnarled dog wood trees with a hammock strung between them. And next to them is a large number of parked vehicles.
Ali snorts
"Seems dad invited the whole family. Well come on then." Ali opens the door and exits the SUV. Upon exiting a loud rocus assaults her and everyone's ears
"Definitely invited the whole family"
Ali leads the ground around the left side of the house into the back yard. The back yard is large over 2 acres in size. Near the rear a series of interconnecfed large sheds can be seen but there door are closed and locked tight off to the right was a series of at least 12 large sheds surrounds by pens exactly like those found back at the training center and all of then we're occupied by wargs though only six were open and several fully grown adult wargs occupied them. A play ground set with swings and slide wooden play fort was off to the right side. But the most spectacular thing is in the middle. The 10 tables a have been set up in two long rows with two more at the head arranged perpendicular to the rest and they are covered in food of various types being serviced by women and some kids and teens as they bring out more food from the house or various vehicles and all over the yard are people of various ages young old and in the middle. Kids are everywhere running around shrieking in joy and making noise as they play and dogs abs warg pups are mixed in with them. Peoplease chatter back and forth in a general air of happiness and joy. The whk,e p,ace is alive with excitement and fun.

A family vioce calls out from the chaos
"HEY THERE OVER HERE!!"

Alia head turns and spots her father, Patrick siting in a lawn chair next to another olDer man. This one is short and round with a happy jovial face under a shock of salt and peoper hair and he is wearing a chefs apron.
The group walks over
"Glad you came, sorry but the niose and mess but it is always like this when the clan gets togther. Meet me brother Jake and I would like you to meet my son if I can find him and my wife too if she she would stah still long enough. Anyway want anything Fedor?"
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IATA Member

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:30 pm

I.

Out on the range, where Fedor practices his shooting, alongside Ali and Sam...

Born in a small village sitting at the foothills of the Vindoahn Mountains, Eldrich Dineah had known even as a small child that he was fated to see the greater world. Ever since his father had taken him to see the 'big city', Garstó, he had fallen in love with the idea of what lay beyond the endless fields that were like the bars to the prison his birth town had become.

"Tell me about yourself, Eldrich," said the photographer, her face an angel and her sweet voice its melody.

He looked at her eyes and smiled. "Oh, that is a long story, Delilah. Better that I spare you of the boring details that was my life on the farm." He turned his gaze to the range, where the emperor was shooting at targets a long ways out. His cameras were still back at the residence. They weren't needed yet — the story was to be about the hunt, not the training. In fact, they were all there simply watching, even Delilah. She had brought her camera, in case his Imperial Majesty wanted memories of the training for his own personal purposes. So far, he had seemed too enthralled with his training to even remember that the 'four artists' were there at all.

"Well," Delilah said, her voice like honey, "now you'll have to tell me. You've already got me hooked." She smiled at him and it was as if a hundred butterflies had been released from deep within his gut, causing his insides to go topsy-turvy.

Eldrich turned his gaze to the distance. Behind him, Danel was looking at both of them, but especially him, with glaring eyes full of hate. What had bugged the security guard so much Eldrich did not know, but it did not take long into their trip for the man to angrily stare the cameraman down at every opportunity — even in public. Neither Delilah nor Eldrich saw him looking at them now, so when they were startled when he boomed, "Pay attention to His Imperial Majesty, artists. He may need you at any moment. You were brought here to work, not fraternize."

That was doubtful, of course. The emperor was still too preoccupied with his training to even spare a thought for the artists he had brought along. Indeed, the man still hadn't even spoken a word to them. They sat under the hot sun damp with sweat. Elrich could feel a drop move down his spine, slowly. He didn't bother responding to the security man, as he was already uncomfortable as it was. Danel was targeting him, it seemed. It started ever since he had started speaking to Delilah, although truth be told it had been Delilah would had started speaking to him. The girl was talkative. It didn't bother Eldrich, but apparently it did Danel — for what reason, the cameraman could not even guess at. Did the guard like the girl? He hadn't shown signs of it. Anyways, Eldrich preferred to focus on his own business. He gave Delilah a playfully sharp look and then went back to watching the emperor shoot at targets.

Delilah, though, was having nothing of it and was not one to hold her tongue anyhow. "Oh, do shut up Danel," she said, the irritation thick in her voice. "His Imperial Majesty is clearly enjoying himself, and so should we. After all, we are the ones recording the story of this great hunt, are we not? Better to keep us happy then, otherwise who knows the direction the story will go." She laughed.

But Danel was not impressed. "Remember your place, photographer." He rose to walk away.

Eldrich waited until that bore of a man was out of earshot to turn to Delilah. "Where were we?" he asked. But he answered his own question before she could. "Ah yes, my long, boring life story."

He told her of his birth town, of the trips to Garstó with his father, and then about the day he left. She learned of his lust for adventure, to learn something about the greater world that he had missed as a child. Elrich explained to her that he had not seen his parents in years, afraid of being trapped in that small village again. He took her through the story of his education and of his career, how he had never envisioned himself to be where he was then. She listened as she smiled and played with her hair, and it was not long before Eldrich started falling for her. But even then he could feel Danel brooding behind his back, staring at them with the jealousy of a betrayed lover.

II.

Later that night, at the O'Conner Farm...

When Fedor had accepted Patrick's invitation, he hadn't expected to attend a dinner with an extended number of guests. He had, in fact, sought to avoid these situations, because as emperor it was all too common to become stuck in conversation with people who were more interested with what he represented than in him. He had become known for his privacy. Most people only knew him from ceremony.

Alas, he decided to attend out of respect for his hosts and he would uphold that decision, deciding to keep cool, albeit with a seriousness to his face that made it clear he had not expected to come to a family outing. After something of a long trip by vehicle, through quaint countryside roads reminiscent of those in rural Díenstad, they arrived at a cluster of buildings and what looked like a picnic area. There were dozens of people of all ages, some running and screaming, and others talking between themselves. Whether they were told of Fedor's inpending arrival, or whether they had noticed him at all, he failed to take notice of. He walked with Ali, Ekrón following them from behind, at a distance. His attention was only on the scenery around him — it was a beautiful, sprawling ranch proper of a former president, truth be told. If it wasn't for the throng of people, it may have even relaxed Fedor, whose adrenaline still pumped from the earlier training.

"Seems dad invited the whole family. Well come on then," said Ali. She soon followed up with, "Definitely invited the whole family." Fedor looked at her smile. There was something about her that intrigued him. She definitely became more beautiful as the days passed, Fedor thought. But he knew what that meant and forced himself to repress his desires. He thought of Sophie. Then, Kassandra.

What am I doing? It wasn't the first time the thought had crossed his mind.

As almost every time he had a second to think, his thoughts were interrupted by someone's shout. It was Patrick, of course. A shorter, squatter man stood next to him. These were a loud people, obnoxious some would say. But they had shown Fedor wonderful hospitality so far, outside of the incessant and ridiculous bravado shown by some of the 'Mericans he had met so far. And they did truly try to abide by what Fedor understood to be politeness, and that was something to appreciate. And so with a smile on his face, Fedor greeted back, "Lo, Patrick! Quite the get together you have put together."

He turned to the man introduced as Patrick's brother and outstretched his hand, grasping him by the forearm. "It's good to meet you, Jake. Your brother is a good man, and that is something that runs in the family." He stopped to chuckle, which was more of a booming rumble. "Don't mind my strange habits, this is how we greet each other in the empire. By the forearm, like men."

Fedor released his grip and turned to the tables at the head, which were covered with what looked like delicious food. But, it was not time to eat — an emperor was always the one to be the last to feast. First, he had to network. It was time to meet the family, as annoying as Fedor expected the ordeal to be. "I would love to be introduced to everybody," he finished, his tone genuine and friendly. "After all, I am an alien in what looks to be a personal dinner. The last thing I intend is to be rude. If you have things to do, Patrick, which I'm sure a host like you does, perhaps Ali could show me around. I wouldn't want to distract you from greater duties."

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

Jake clasps Fedor forearm then roars in laughter at his remark, his girth shaking with mirth at Fedor's remark.
"My brother good?"Jake finally comments after calming down and wiping a tear from his eye "Who has been spreading rumors about you Pat?"
"I don't rightly know, but I need to have some words with him. Sharp pointy words."
"That they may not survive." Jake observes dryly and pat chuckles in response.
"If you want to thank someone thank my brother" Patrick says "He is a chef and expert on hospitality here and said that it is important that we greet you in the proper manner thus....all this" Patrick says motioning the mass of people.
"Yes it is proper and right" Jake says sternly "And mom would have fits if she knew you were not using proper manners...never mind what grandma would think..." Jake turns around and shouts "OIH TOBY GET THIS MAN A SEAT!!!"
"Yes sir." A man in his late twenties comes lumbering out built along the same lines as Jake but taller and more muscular. He places a padded wooden chair for Fedor to sit in.
"Sit down and relax, food will be ready soon everyone is just putting on the finishing touches. I the mean time I want you to meet one of my sons Toby. He is a hunter and one of the people that will be with you on your hunts."
"Yes, Sir. I am with Sealgair and we get to help you go and kill some of our hostile wildlife. I have heard good things about your abilities should be fun, I look forward to it."

While they are talking Patrick is scanning the crowd and his eyes lock on to a toddler from one of his relatives. The little boy toddles around in his camo shorts and shirt that says "little hunter," barefoot. His mother is deep in conversation with some other women, probably gossiping and he starts to toddle away, heading for the woods. Patrick's eyes lock on to it and in response he whistles a tune. And in response to the tune, one of the wags ears pick up and it looks around. It's eye lock on to PatricK who whistles the same tune and points at the kid. In response the warg gets up and walks over to the toddler. The warg picks up the toddler by its pants using its teeth and carries back over to the other kids with the toddler gurgling happily the whole way. The warg lowers its head and lets the kid go who lands on his feet wobble but stays up right. The kid turns around and starts petting the warg and it is soon surrounded by kids petting it. Fedor notices and watches out of the corner of his eye. Patrick smiles and then winks at Fedor.
"Trained them myself." he says still grinning "That aside come on I have something for you, come on." Patrick leverages himself up from his seat with a barely suppressed groan and a muttered complaint about old age.
He leads Fedor to the sheds in the back, along the way he smiles and waves and says hi to the large number of clan members and briefly greets them and introduce Fedor to them. Everyone is polite and happy to meet Fedor.
Eventually they arrive at the interconnected sheds and Patrick opens one and leads Fedor inside. Patrick flips on a light revealing a workshop filled with all kinds of tools for working wood, metal and even plastics and ceramics both of which are popular and used in the Timocratic Republic's products and manufactored goods very often as a substitute for metal.
Also shelves dot the walls filled with boxes and on one shelf is many wooden boxes. These boxes vary in size from a bead box to some that look like they could hold people but all of them are gorgeous with beautiful finishes and amazing wood grain pattern and some even have images carved in them.
"It is traditional to give a visitor a gift Fedor" Patrick says as he rummages around the shelf moving boxes aside as he searches for the right one " So what do you think of my daughter? Lovely isn't she? Incredible woman. She has captured the hearts of many men. She is undoubtedly one of the few good things I have helped make in my life. And I would go to any links to protect her from harm. I might not be able to fight but I know people who will gladly do it for me. That being said I trust someone who runs a country to hopefully not do so thing catastrophically stupid to the person who is watching there back while they are hunting some of the most dangerous game in the world and who is armed as well. All that being said I think you are a decent enough person but since you are married...eh never mind. Forgive an old man for rambling."
Patrick continues to rummage through the boxes until he finds the one he is looking for. It is long, wide and ornate, carved with images of a hunt. Men preparing for a hunt. Men riding wargs and chasing down deer and drakon, killing them with bows and arrows and then processing those kills. Men gather around a fire roasting meat and drinking. The carvings are so detailed that one can actually make out the faces of each person and each one is different from the last and one can even make out the hairs on each warg. The wooden box is more of a work of art than a simple container. Patrick places it on a table and opens it for Fedor.
"A gift worthy of an Emperor on a hunt. It started as an Eastwood and Wayne Beowulf but let's face it those guns stock are pretty ugly. So I fixed it. An ironwood stock plus a little bit of gun smithing magic and some add ons like an adjustable zoom scope and you get a really nice gun."
Which was an understatement. The rifle that laying in the velvet lined box only seemed to bare a passing resemblance to the previous ugly brutish weapon. This one had many of the sharp edges and blockyness smoothed out creating a more elegant and refined profile and ugly black stock and other such visually reprehensible features removed and instead replaced or covered with a dark grey wood that had an odd swirling grain with lines of black shooting through the grain.
"Go ahead pick it up"
Fedor picks up the weapon slightly surprised that it is as light as the one he handled early make even lighter. Fedor works the action and it is as smooth as glass. He breaks it open and briefly insects the interact marveling at how some of them are clearly ceramic and how precisely everything is machined and fits together.
"No need to worry I made it myself and only from the best parts. Take it as a gift from me and the Brethren of the Hunt."
Fedor reassemble the weapon and carefully places it back in the box.
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
IATA Member

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:50 pm

I.

"It is a beautiful weapon," said Fedor, as he re-arranged the pieces back into the box. "I thank you, it is quite the gift. I, unfortunately, did not bring a gift of my own and I now I feel absolutely rude. I would like to extend an invitation to the entire O'Connor family" — yes, he understood it was a big family — "to the Palace of Baar Joceim, in Beda Fromm. I think it would be a vacation you all would enjoy, if you could spare yourself the vacation, of course."

He said nothing more of the palace. He'd let them experience it for themselves. Truth was, Fedor did not want to guess what their tastes were. These were truly a crude people. Everything about them reminded him of the Ruskan lords, so rural and largely uneducated. At the same time, there was a certain charm about them, and at their core O'Connor and his family were good people. That was a rare thing to find these days, and so for all he thought of them, their humor, and sense of respect, he determined to cast it aside and focus on what mattered the most. Making an ally he could trust.

"Tell me," he continued, "what is on the menu tonight?"

As he asked, he noticed the bodyguard who Ekrón had sent with him. Fedor had requested his head of security to not attend, out of respect for their hosts, but the insistent man was adamant about having someone nearby. It was Danel Esturián, a Rezeghi with Zarbian roots, thus the surname. Fedor had never had a problem with the young man, he had always seemed to have a head on his shoulders, but now he stared at the floor, leaned back against a thick tree, standing several hundred meters away as told. Something was troubling the young man. A troubled man does not a good security guard make. Usually, that sort of behavior, that sort of negligence while attending to the life of His Imperial Majesty, comes with severe punishment — execution in the case of a decimation. But, this time Fedor felt charitable. Danel was likable enough, and he always did his duty.

As soon as the question rolled off his tongue, he quickly followed up with, "And I am sorry if I impose, but I wonder if my security guard could join us at the table," he nodded toward where Danel stood. His security man, the one who was supposed to be alert at all times, did not even notice. "He's preoccupied. With what I know not, but it worries me and I think he would appreciate the time off. He's clearly not in a state to work. Good thing Ekrón is not here." He chuckled.

What Danel was worried about, although the emperor did not know and had, in fact, no way of knowing, was that he was here and Delilah was back at their quarters. She was with that bastard Eldrich. Thinking of him, of him with her, pumped his veins with a rage he had never known before. He felt as if the veins were bulging out of his forehead, beating at the rhythm of a heart that was more adrenaline than blood. Eldrich had stolen Delilah from him. If not for the director, she would have had no other choice but to accept Danel's advances. Eldrich would pay for this. For a second, Danel's hand wrapped around the scabbard of his belt knife and his grip slowly tightened.

He released it as soon as he realized what he was doing.

II.

Her Imperial Majesty Sofie had arrived at Beda Fromm early in the morning. The thick, low fog of the marine layer covered most of the city, seeping through the blocks like all-consuming tendrils of smoke. Cars with bright lights honked at each other in the slow moving traffic, as she was taken by an unmarked town car to the Palace of Hucem.

Although by no means small, the Palace of Hucem was a far cry of the splendid Palace of Baar Joceim, a spring residence of the Imperial family. Residences were usually more brothel than residence, for they were where Fedor evidently invited his whores. But, in any case, Baar Joceim was a palace, Hucem was moreso the type of palace that a well-off aristocratic family could afford in the city. Large, a city-block in size, but no more than that. It was, of course, beautiful in its own right. She had never seen it personally, but they said that the courtyard was surrounded by a colonnade with stunning arches that curved into a rounded key at the top — a style that soon spread throughout the area. Still, the house of a mere noble.

It took some time to arrive, perhaps more than an hour. The empress always traveled sans motorcade, lest one believe she was the emperor and attempted an assassination. It was protocol for her to ride uncomfortably when without her husband. She hated it.

When they finally pulled up the palace's outer gates, the guard was slow to open up. They had been told in advance of the empress' visit and they should have been expecting her. The tardiness was inexcusable. This was not the way to treat the wife of the most powerful man in the world! The most powerful woman in the world, she thought to herself. She didn't always feel that way. Fedor surely never made her feel that way. But now she believed, even if it was a belief fueled by hate.

The town car pulled into that inner courtyard of myth. It was as beautiful as they said. The colonnade was as spectacular as the legends told it, and they were colorful, with intricate capitals that were intricately carved with scenes of ancient battles. Built in the 13th century, the Palace of Hucem was a gift from House Goradaán to themselves. It was the first time they had conquered the city, and it wouldn't be the last. The previous head of the House had, after all, been its king until they had been crushed and brought into the fold by Jonak, Fedor's grandfather. Like good lesser House, they would be put in their place once again.

Servants came scurrying out from a door that led into a broad inner hall. Her driver had stepped out and was walking around the back, to get the empress' door. When he did, she made sure to step out just like an the empress of the Golden Throne should. Her back was regally straight, her face shined with her famed beauty, and looked only straight ahead as the house servants escorted her to their lady.

Inside, the palace was as gorgeous as it was outside. The ceilings were all painted with scenes of ancient gods and their mortal slaves, although Sofie wondered if House Goradaán saw themselves the gods and their subjects the mortal slaves. She sniffed, but she also admired the illustrious golden scrollwork that crawled along the walls in beautiful patterns. In intervals, art painted by the Frommian masters of the past — pieces by Timot van'Garbaal, Geor Laranje, and Victos Calesten being some of the most noteworthy (and all obviously added to the house during the late 18th century) — decorated the walls, and this was well mixed with marble stands to showcase collectibles from different eras of the House's existence. Its power had waxed and waned over the centuries, but its history was extensive and the decoration certainly showed for it. House Gordaan was undoubtedly ancient and formidable, but Sofie was empress.

The lady, the one that Sofie had come to see, was sitting at the couch at the end of her public chambers. In much older days, the ruling Gordaan would sit there above a crowd of magistrates and preside over certain public cases that he (usually it was a he) found important enough to personally judge. That ceremony had ended centuries ago, but the lady seemed to consider readopting it as she pleasantly — annoyingly so, even — smiled as Fedor took a couch that was neither too far from her host, but far enough to show that it proffered the host to put effort into listening to her.

"Welcome, Sofie—" started the other woman.

"No," interrupted the empress, with a cool, serene voice. She lifted her hand to stop the Lady Gordaan from speaking anymore. "I am Your Imperial Majesty when you speak to me. I do not want to have to tell you again. Do you understand?" Sofie's lips were curled at their end, almost tauntingly. She would make it perfectly clear that she was not here to hold conversation with this...wench.

"Your M-M, Your Imperial Majesty, I meant no h—" started the woman, before being cut off again.

"Silence," said the empress, the anger clear in her voice. "From now on, Kassandra, you will speak only when I explicitly ask you to. Otherwise, you will shut your mouth. Don't worry," she said, as Kassandra's eyes bulged out of their sockets, "I will not hold you long. I came only to say that I know about you and my husband. He..." she paushed for a second, almost to hold something back, "...I will make Fedor pay for his sins. He is lucky that he is emperor; if it was up to me I would cage him in one of Fen'Banal's dark, horrendous cells to rot away for the rest of his life. You, however, do not have the same privileges as my husband. I have decided to strip House Goradaán of its lands outside of the city of Beda Fromm. They will be donated to public use, to be sold in a public auction to raise proceeds to pay for the wars. Should you protest I will strip you of all of your titles and I will give them to one of the hungry Houses that have been vying to overthrow your petty family off their subjugated throne."

Kassandra laughed. "You do not hold Imperial authority, dear Sofie. Sektora would never sign off on this."

The empress stood. "To the loss of land, I add the imposition of a one billion ríokmark fine. I hope you have a good bank willing to lend you the funds. The Imperial Treasury expects prompt fulfillment." She was about to leave, but she stopped herself and removed something from a pocket in her dress. "Oh yes. This is for you."

She handed the paper to Kassandra, who unfolded it. When she read it over she looked displeased. Her sour face lifted, but she averted Sofie's eyes when the empress looked at her with disdain. Sektora had already signed off on Sofie's orderes. "She is as much of my friend as my husband's." She paused, then, "You best watch yourself, Kassandra. Should I hear that you visited my husband again, I will not bother with your House, I will simply have you eliminated."

With that, she walked away.
Last edited by The Macabees on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

Patrick nods
"It is beautiful and deadly, like a proper rifle should be."
Patrick smiles
"No need to bring a gift, after all you are our guest here, but the invite sounds nice and I am sure I and the family will take you up on it at some point. I assume you live in some kind big luxurious palace, Emperor?" Patrick says is friendly joking manner.
Patrick leads Fedor out of his workshop, Fedor carrying his gift with him.
"As for the menu, It will be traditional southern Merican fair. Green beans, macaroni and the like but in addition we will be having my brother's famous slow baked drakon stake which he still refuses to share the recipe with me, the bastard."
The table have been arranged in two columns with a set perpendicular at the top but still spaced from the rest as to allow people to move around it.
Patrick walks over to this table and motions for Fedor's bodyguard to join them.
"Relax kid. Your emperor is safe here. I garuntee it." Patrick says as he takes a seat and offers the one next to him for Fedor to sit in, while Ali takes the seat next to Fedor. An older shorter woman with long red hair appears and takes the the seat next to Patrick after giving him a peck on the cheek.
"Hey sweety." Patrick says "Fedor meet my wife Rosa."
"Pleasure is all mine" the woman says in sweet voice offering Fedor her hand.

Soon the dishes of hot food are passed around and everyone scoops out what they want in large spoons but before anyone begins to eat Patricks say
"Bow your heads. Our Father in Heaven, today we thank you for the good weather and the safe journey of our guests in coming to our land. We pray for a safe hunt and a good one. Forgive Lord for we have failed you. Amen. Lets eat." And with that everyone digs in.

"So Ali, where will y'all be hunting?" Patrick asks near the end of the meal.
"The Blue Ridge Mountains, well the foot hills at least on south east side."
Patrick grunts
"Interesting. Should be fun. The grow big on that side. The drakons do at least."
IATA Member

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:09 pm

The night carried on into the late night and the drink flowed freely, conversations lost their formality and laughter emboldened with every new glass. It was an opportunity for Fedor to forget he was an emperor and he could leave the troubles attached to the title behind, even if only for a few hours. But those few hours were liberating and you could see it on his face, in the wideness of his smile and the glow of his eyes. One would have sworn it was like before The War, before the troubles of responsibility and the pressures of an empire that stood ready to swallow you whole at any time. Fedor looked as if he were in the prime of his youth.

Despite the drink in him, or perhaps because of it, it was with Ali that he was the most restrained with. When she smiled, he smiled, and when she laughed, he laughed. She brought happiness from out within him, something not very many people had, even women like Kassandra who were nothing more than distractions. Still, where with other women he may have been bold, with her he held back.

Could it have been the presence of the father? Unlikely. Fedor was not one to cower to another man.

In the haze of his mind, rich in alcohol as it was, it was the memories that gave him reason to leave his growing infatuation to nothing more than smiles and laughs.

Young, and with the excitement of gathering war clouds, he felt much the same about his beloved wife, Sophie. A beautiful woman, she was, with stunning blue-green eyes and a face to launch a thousand ship. Somewhere in this voyage of ruling, he had lost her. Somewhere in the long-nights she had grown restless, and when that need wasn't met she had died. Sophie was no longer the same woman. It was as if she had aged a generation over the space of a few years; her vitality, her energy was gone.

Other thoughts raced through his mind, curious returns to lucidity. At points, he remembered who he was and his cheeks colored with how drunk he was, but never for long. Too much substance was flowing through his veins for his thoughts to ever stay in one place for very long, and minor instances of sobriety were quick to give way. He caught himself in a far mirror, once. His face had suddenly come to a rest, his mouth serious and eyes alert, but when he saw himself in that faraway glass he could not help but laugh at himself. It was silly. But it was also a much-needed respite and an inadvertent opportunity to lose the rigidity that imperial formality had infected him with.

After a long night, all said their final farewells and Fedor was escorted by his security guard, Danel, to his quarters. The guard would stand outside his door all night.

Fedor awoke early the next morning after a sleep that was neither disturbed, nor deep, with a headache that split his head like a chasm. "I'm too old for this," he whispered to himself as he rose and walked to a table where there was food and beverage for him to break fast. He ate his food quickly so that he could prepare for the day all the faster, excited to soon be hunting drakons.
Last edited by The Macabees on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:51 pm

W.W. Mann Training Camp
Brooklet
Timocratic Republic

The next day after the party was spent educating Fedor further on proper hunting procedures and contingencies. Terrain was discussed as well as the assorted wildlife likely to encounter in the Blue Ridge including the primary target, the drakons, and secondary one wild wargs and other things likely to encounter including a surprising variety of posionus plants. Time was also spent dialing in Fedor's new rifle and hand gun as well as more riding lessons on Midnight.

Eventaully a week passed quickly and Fedor was pronounced to be "barely passable but not a danger to anyone esle" by Sam in terms of marksmanship and "able and ready as a newbie rider" by Ali. And with that they set out for the hunt.

A convoy left the training center made of SUVs and Semi trucks pulling trailers.

Base Camp
Foot Hills of Blue Ridge Mountains
Timocratic Republic

The convoy arrived at its destination and pulled into a large clearing and found it already occupied. Tents had been pitched and pens erected in precise rows. Semi and trailers were parked neatly to one side which were used to transport the wargs. On the side of many of the vehicles and trailers the name Sealgair, Inc can be seen. Men and woman are moving about now working on guns, taking care of there warg or very large dogs (called drakon dogs, which were bred to help hunt the drakon.) Some are servicing guns.

The semis pull off and join the rest while the SUVs park next to them. Ali, Sam and Fedor exit there SUV and look around.
"Hmmm...." Ali says "Lets head toward the center and find the commmand tent."
Ali heads out and Sam and Fedor (plus his entourage) follow her. Ali weaves her way through the camp and people wave and great her while eyeballing Fedor and his groupies some smirk and chuckle others laugh some scowl.
Finally the group arrives at the tent. It is a large open tent filled with people who are looking at maps or computer screens. They are bustling about and busily working on final preparation for the hunt. A large map dominates the back of the tent covered in pins that form a large circle with various other scattered in it, standing in from of it is a familiar face.
"Toby?" Ali says
"Yes?" The man turns aroud smiling reveling himself to be one of the men from the O'Conner clan gathering.
"Are you...?"
"In charge of this hunt? Yes I am. It is great to see you again by the way. Is His Majesty ready?"
"As ready as ever." Sam says
"Great then I will give him the low down here and now." Toby turns and focuses on Fedor "The purpose of this hunt is to reduce the drakon population in the area reports state that the population pressures are getting to high and forcing them out of the area into other were we do not want them. So Sealgair got contracted to kill off enough to reduce the pressures down to acceptable levels. We start tomorrow morning at day break and will go until night fall then rinse repeat until we have sufficiently reduced the population to acceptable levels. We may be here at least a week. So go get settled in and get ready. I assume you guys brought gear and wargs?"
"Yes" responds Ali
"Great Now excuse me I have more planning to do. Someone will come by later for the full brief on you locations tomorrow." And with that he turn back around and continues to issues clam orders.

Ali and her group turn and leave. They find there assigned tents and begin making final preparations for tomorrow. Later someone comes by and gives then some papers detailing the plans and were they are supposed to be.

Ali sits Fedor down in a tent alone just the two of them.
"We need to talk. Tomorrow we are set to be on a rider team. You know what that means" - that the three of them plus some wargs will be moving in the woods attempting to scare up some drakon into chasing them or chasing the drakon out to the ring of hunters "And your reporters will not be able to follow us. However we have some body cams for you instead. I am sorry but both by bosses and Sealgair we firm on that."
Ali looks at Fedor for what seems like a long time. She had grown to respect him over the week and found him actually likeable and even charming.
She leaned in and kissed him hard on the mouth. The kiss seems to last forever then she broke it off and smiled.
"Not bad...see you tomorrow Feddy."
And she sauntered out of the tent.

Morning of the Next Day

The morning dawned cloudy and misty with fog clinging to the ground that the land for famous for. Hunters were leaving there tents suited up and ready to go, wargs were being prepped and weapons checked again as men headed into the woods to take up their postions and an air of anticipation hung around everyone and lust for the hunt, for blood. Ali and Sam were making final adjustments to Blaze, Midnight and Sam's wargs gear. And waited for Fedor.
"It is a good day for a hunt" Sam says smiling happily.
IATA Member

The Macabees
Senator

Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:12 am

I.

At first Fedor thought Sam's and Ali's marks to be most unkind, but since the night in the tent with Ali most of that had been forced out of his head.

Now all that was left was memories of that kiss, new feelings coursing through his body, and thoughts on the hunt that they were embarking on just then. He couldn't help but look at her as they all walked out of their tents, but his attention quickly turned to Sam as soon as the man spoke, "It is a good day for a hunt."

"Indeed," was all that Fedor said. The four artists had emerged too, although they would not come with the hunting party. But they would record as much as possible up to the point where they could no longer, lest they miss something unimportant that could be romanticized into something bigger. Like his face of determination or his energy, all anticipating what was to come, as if foreshadowing whatever events were coming, even though no one knew what those events were since they had not happened yet. There they were, though, as if everything that was to come was simply Willed. That was how the story would be told, anyways.

He quickly moved to inspect his weapons. Fedor had done this countless times with countless weapons, so he pulled the bolt back and inspected the chamber, making sure it was clean and empty. Then, he looked down the barrel. Although he knew them to be fine, since had had gone over this the night before, he tested every nut and bolt to make sure they were tight and secure. As soon as he was satisfied with his rifle, he moved on to the sidearm until he was finished even with the long knife hanging from his hip.

Fedor was thorough. It would pay off.

Off to the side were their wargs. Fedor went over to see his when the others walked over to their own. He let the warg smell his hand, it was a process he had grown accustomed to, and then he scratched behind the ear. The warg's eyes closed in delight and he gave Fedor a big lick from the chin to his forehead.

When there was a lull, the emperor walked over to the four artists, who were being escorted by the security guard who went by the name of Danel. There was a certain tension in the group, between the guard and the cameraman especially, but Fedor did not care to know more. He ignored it and addressed only Danel, "Escort the artists back to their quarters. You will be told where to bring them when the hunt ends. I expect them, and you, to be waiting for us before we arrive." The guard nodded and Fedor turned, but before he did so completely he added, "And I expect you all to behave. That your emperor should feel the need to waste his breath telling you that should shame you all." With that, he walked away.

Behind him, the four artists looked stunned. It was not often that the emperor spoke to you, if he spoke to you at all — billions of the most ardent loyalists knew only his image — and to be admonished during one of the few times that he did was certainly not the impression most wanted to give. Especially to a man who was known to execute those who betrayed his trust.

It was with those last words that they were taken to a vehicle that would drive them back to their quarters, closer to civilization where they could at least enjoy themselves a bit. Fedor, still at the camp, finished readying himself to leave with the hunting party, anxious to see his first drakon.

II.

Danel looked over to Eldrich with eyes that were pure venom. The cameraman was sitting next to Delilah and the look of happiness and love in her eyes stabbed Danel deep in the stomach, like a knife plunging into him mercilessly.

That would not do. Eldrich would pay before the week was gone.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Base Camp
Foot Hills of Blue Ridge Mountains
Timocratic Republic

Ali and Sam make there final preparations. Both of them remove a small radio with a throat mike and put it on. There uniforms look a little odd made of an old thick brown leather similar to that of the training suit Fedor worn earlier. They cover the chest, back and extremities. Over this is something similar to a gillie suit with long dangling strands of fabric meant to break up a persons outline and conceal them. The gillie suit was colored green, brown and grey to blend in with the foliage of the area. Both of them put on the final piece, a mask to cover there face. To complete the ensemble both of them smell like the surrounding woods.
Sam and Ali preform a quick weapons check themselves, both of them armed with Eastwood & Wayne Beowulf rifles. All three mount there wargs, the latches making a soft metal click as they engage and lock the riders to the saddles. Before leaving Sam whistles softly and 3 more wargs that were lounging nearby rise and join Sam.

"Lets go." Ali says and the group heads into the woods and is soon lost among the trees.

The woods are thick with broad leafed oaks and other old growth tree. Little or no brush is covers the ground since the trees block out most of the light, casting the woods into gloom. The ground is cover in layers of twigs and leaves with a miture fallen trees, rotting materiel is mixed in as well. A low mist hags in the air further adding to the dark atmosphere. A deep earthy smell suffices the air. Noises from small animals echo through the woods, a bird flutters away, a squirrel rustles some leaves all of the sounds, a twig snaps loudly, all of the sounds were oddly magnified by the early morning silences.

The group has fallen into a loose formation, the three riderless wargs leading the group sniffing the ground but moving silently, through the trees. Following them, are the three others in a loose diamond formation with Fedor in the middle and Ali and Sam on the left and right side of Fedor respectively. Ali is holding her rifle up with both hands, ready to aim and fire in an instant and is only guiding Blaze with her legs. She is constantly scanning the woods and peering into the gloom, looking for any sign of a hostile wild life, but despite all of that Ali seems perfectly relaxed and at ease. While Sam has one hand clutching the reins of his warg, loosely but firmly, and the other clutching his rifle, but his eyes are focused on the trio of riderless wargs in front of the group, watching them, waiting for some kind of sign from them.

The group moves through the woods silently, the massive wolves, both with riders and without, not making a sound as they ghosted through the woods...mostly. Fedor while riding still managed to make the odd sound or two everyone once and while due to his inexperience at riding wargs, an odd jangle of metal or snapping twig giving away his presence as the sound echoes through the earlier morning air. Both Sam and Ali resist the urge to glare at Fedor, for a number of reasons.

First one hour passes, then another. Half way through the third hour, distance howls shatter the morning quiet the sound quickly fade away and the woods return to silence. Sam grunts and looks towards the niose. He shakes his head then snaps an order at the three riderless wargs who had been distracted by the howl. All three of them go back to sniffing the ground. A few minutes later a roar, in the far distance, shatter the calm again. The muted cracks of bullets passing through the air suddenly sound through the woods. Then the radios crackle to life with a subdued volume and tone.
"Position 4 sited drakon, fired upon, wounded, drakon escaped."
Another vioce comes on responding
"10-4 vectoring in pack in the area."

More calls like those filter in until
"Position 38, Sited drakon and killed."
"10-4 sending retrieval team, now."
Sam and Ali just grunt in response.

The group treks through the woods patrolling its assigned area of the woods through the day as more calls like the previous one filter in. The sun has set low in the sky as evening rapidly approaches. The mist had evaporated eventually under the assault of the slowly growing temperature. The group passes through some trees with marks clawed into the bark and the loam has been heavily churned up, as if a brawl happened. Many tracks of varying size are scattered about the place in a haphazard manner. Suddenly one of the wargs up front, chuffs. Sam motions for Ali and Fedor to stop and he moves forward joining the trio of riderless wargs. Sam surveys the ground and trees from a tops his warg while Ali continues the scan the woods.
Sam dismounts from his warg and leans in closer to the ground to examine the signs. Sam scans the area once more and notices a splotch on a tree. He walks over and touches it. He grunts quietly to himself then motions Ali and Sam over.
"Blood. There was fight here."
Ali nods in responce even as she continues to scan the woods.
"Multiple drakes of varying size, could be looking at a pack. Juvie up to adult. We have multiple trails now, one heads east into the mountains, juvie and two adults it looks like, another heads out of the foot hills westward, that trail has blood on it, and another trail heads south. That one has the largest tracks." Sam turns to Fedor "Where do we go?"
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IATA Member

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents