NATION

PASSWORD

Tensions between Jalastan and the Swadeshi Union Open,MT

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Jalastan
Secretary

Founded: Apr 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Tensions between Jalastan and the Swadeshi Union Open,MT

Postby Jalastan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:57 am

Jalastan, a Fortune 500 Dictatorship, and The Swadeshi Union, a Communist Federation, have had international relations flare up between them. Why? The reason that these 2 self-respecting nations, both in the same region are at odds is simple: The Bomoro Island Chain. Located far away from both countries, the Bomoro Island Chain is located in the South Indian Ocean. The rock from them is rich in copper, a very important resource for industrial giants like them. Jalastan claimed the previously unowned string of 4 islands during the 2008 financial recession, in order to revitalize its economy. The Swabeshi Union however, filed a claim to the WA 3 months afterwards. The 2008 crisis may jave come and gone, but both territorial claims stay.

Jalastan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalastan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:04 am

RP Rules:
MT tech only. No wizard wands or FTL travel stuff.

No godmodding. Obvious reasons.

War not reccomended. These are just islands.

You may be Pro-Jalastan, Pro-Swadeshi, Neutral, or just claim the islands too and form a faction.
(Last option highly discouraged, custom faction cap will be at 3)

Swadeshi Union
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

DIEEEE

Postby Swadeshi Union » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:16 am

Jalastan give me the Yakur Peninsula or face death

Swadeshi Union
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Swadeshi Union » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:17 am

THE ISLANDS ARE MINE

Jalastan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalastan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:24 am

What do you mean??? This is the Bomoro Island Chain we're talkin' about! Of course unless YOU owned them. But you don't. I'll be forced to arm the southernmost island if you do not stop!

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:03 pm

SUBJECT: TNO Communique

THE NEW ORDER - Official Communique

THIS IS A TEST EMAIL SENT TO OUR PROPOSED NEW DIPLOMACY EMAIL ADDRESS -- THIS MUST NOT BE PUBLICISED UNDER ANY MEANS.

(introductory pre-read music)
Good morrow to you all. We are The New Order. We are an exiled group of diplomats, emanating from the nations of Neokarta and Demanams, that have aimed to regain control of lands since our removal in 2005. We believe that we have found our newest target, to be used as a target from our current jump point.

We are currently in occupation of the Tinhampton Barrier Islands, and are currently aiming to sell the islands to any nation - our earlier plans to sell the Barrier Islands off as a territory of the United Provinces of Krytenia have been (James, you were not supposed to write about that. It was supposed to be secret!) - so that we can be aided in our objectives. However, we would be willing to split the ownership of the islands in two - one towards Jalastan, the other towards the Swadeshi Union - in order to gain acquisition of the Bomoro Islands, territories which we have kept our eyes on even before 2008. The islands contain valuable copper resources which we believe would be of use to Tinhampton and the wider international community.

We regret that further consequences - to whom, we shall not say, but to one of the two claimant nations and/or Tinhampton - shall come if this demand is not met by Monday the 1st of May, 2017. Please forward this message to the two claimant nations, preferably via a Tinhampton Herald "exclusive". The New Order, over and out.
NOTE: This email is secret IC. However, the message that The New Order is claiming to be the rightful owners and long-time targetters of the Bomoro Islands have been forwarded to the two nations that claim the archipelago. In addition, the Herald has also acquired the story as a so-called "exclusive", entitled "MYSTERIOUS DIPLOMACY GROUP: GIVE US BOMORO ISLANDS BY MONDAY, OR FACE CONSEQUENCES".
Last edited by Tinhampton on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Swadeshi Union
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Swadeshi Union » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:29 pm

I declare wan on Jalastan

Jalastan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalastan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:26 am

Swadeshi Union wrote:I declare wan on Jalastan

I think I'll hace to change the rules here. NO WAR. You CAAANN however, station troops and have them fight, but not killed on the island. An irl example: Argentina and the U.K.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:41 am

Could we have some IC information about the Bomoro Islands themselves?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Jalastan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalastan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:24 am

Well, there are 4 of them. They are arranged in a kind of north-south way, but tilted to the right by 6 degrees. The northernmost island, is the biggest of the three. It is shaped like a circle, but not really. It is 70 kilometers accross. The second and third islands are shaped like cricles too, both of them are around 20 kilometers. The last island is only 10 kilometers wide, and is shaped like an amorphous blob. All 4 of them are aprroximately 15 kilometers away from each other. They all contain high amounts of copper, along with the sea sround them, but the second and third islands contain the most. Oh, and speaking of vegetation, there isn't much, just some common shrubs and palm trees.
Last edited by Jalastan on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Don » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 am

OOC: Tag. There are plenty of newbies here, including me.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:40 am

Jalastan wrote:Well, there are 4 of them. They are arranged in a kind of north-south way, but tilted to the right by 6 degrees. The northernmost island, is the biggest of the three. It is shaped like a circle, but not really. It is 70 kilometers accross. The second and third islands are shaped like cricles too, both of them are around 20 kilometers. The last island is only 10 kilometers wide, and is shaped like an amorphous blob. All 4 of them are aprroximately 15 kilometers away from each other. They all contain high amounts of copper, along with the sea sround them, but the second and third islands contain the most. Oh, and speaking of vegetation, there isn't much, just some common shrubs and palm trees.

Does anybody live there, or is it solely occupied by military forces?

New Eskaria
Civilian

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Eskaria » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 am

OOC Tag
(This is a disaster waiting to happen)

Jalastan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalastan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:04 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Jalastan wrote:Well, there are 4 of them. They are arranged in a kind of north-south way, but tilted to the right by 6 degrees. The northernmost island, is the biggest of the three. It is shaped like a circle, but not really. It is 70 kilometers accross. The second and third islands are shaped like cricles too, both of them are around 20 kilometers. The last island is only 10 kilometers wide, and is shaped like an amorphous blob. All 4 of them are aprroximately 15 kilometers away from each other. They all contain high amounts of copper, along with the sea sround them, but the second and third islands contain the most. Oh, and speaking of vegetation, there isn't much, just some common shrubs and palm trees.

Does anybody live there, or is it solely occupied by military forces?
Here's a quote from Hitler that will answer the question of: Does anyone live there?
NEIN.
Last edited by Jalastan on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jalastan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalastan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:08 am

But in all seriousness 12 milliom people died in the Holocaust. Please don't flame me for being a Holocaust denier. Or joking about Hitler. K?

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

OOC: I'm going in...

Postby Free-Don » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:11 am

OOC: I just got back from work and I want to see this thing happen... I'm tired...

The Tribal Chief of Khmelnytsky while searching on the web for news discovered the bizarre stand off between Jalastan and Swadeshi over a few copper rich islands. In a drunken stupor he called the fighting men his village and of the 30th Free-Wavers "See and Seas" Company and began talks of a deployment into the Bomoro Islands if only to stretch out their legs and receive some foreign deployment ribbons. Within 12 hours an official appeal to the Free-Don Conferacy was approved and nearly everyone in the two hundred person tribe was at least a little tipsy.

Within the next day the appeal had been approved and the Chief sent this following message to Jalastan and Swadeshi: (ooc: imagine a lot more mispelled and broke)

To the leaders of Jalastan and Swadeshi,

While a temporary and cold war has been declared there should be calm minds in the division of land. Especially with consideration to the native inhabitants. It is for this reason I come as a neutral party to deploy a survey and observation team to the various islands and make record of public and international opinions for the possession of the islands.

Within a weeks time a small sea presence will arrive to do thus:
Collect native persons vote for who should rightly own the islands.
Determine the pressance of foreign trade, water traffic, and indegious commerce in the region.
Collect and evluate international opinion on who should rightly posses the islands.
Provide aid to the development of the islands.
Last edited by Free-Don on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:24 am

OOC: Jalastan, as you are new here, I suggest you to read the guides in this game for proper RP'ing, as well as asking questions
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Jalastan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalastan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 am

Free-Don wrote:OOC: I just got back from work and I want to see this thing happen... I'm tired...

The Tribal Chief of Khmelnytsky while searching on the web for news discovered the bizarre stand off between Jalastan and Swadeshi over a few copper rich islands. In a drunken stupor he called the fighting men his village and of the 30th Free-Wavers "See and Seas" Company and began talks of a deployment into the Bomoro Islands if only to stretch out their legs and receive some foreign deployment ribbons. Within 12 hours an official appeal to the Free-Don Conferacy was approved and nearly everyone in the two hundred person tribe was at least a little tipsy.

Within the next day the appeal had been approved and the Chief sent this following message to Jalastan and Swadeshi: (ooc: imagine a lot more mispelled and broke)

To the leaders of Jalastan and Swadeshi,

While a temporary and cold war has been declared there should be calm minds in the division of land. Especially with consideration to the native inhabitants. It is for this reason I come as a neutral party to deploy a survey and observation team to the various islands and make record of public and international opinions for the possession of the islands.

Within a weeks time a small sea presence will arrive to do thus:
Collect native persons vote for who should rightly own the islands.
Determine the pressance of foreign trade, water traffic, and indegious commerce in the region.
Collect and evluate international opinion on who should rightly posses the islands.
Provide aid to the development of the islands.

Wait, there are people in those islands? The last time we came there, it was all silent. There were no 4-legged naked monkeys but us! If there are natives, tell us how you found them. Now!

Jalastan
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Jalastan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 am

News flash!

Jalastan has recently announced the construction of a copper mining plant on the southernmost island. 300 criminals are to be sent over to the island to perform "service for their crimes." The plant is expected to be completed in 2 weeks time. Any sabotage however, will be directly put against the Swadeshi Union, for they might already have armed forces on the island, ready to blow up the copper plant. "What else can I do? Commies have a nasty habit of doing secret stuff," states ******, Jalastan's Head of State.

-JND

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Don » Tue May 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Jalastan wrote:Wait, there are people in those islands? The last time we came there, it was all silent. There were no 4-legged naked monkeys but us! If there are natives, tell us how you found them. Now!

As the Chief neared the shores his companions had begun to regret their choice in joining the flotilla. They had traveled thousands of kilometers just to arrive to what amounted to a metal rock. Some of the younger seamen asked questions like: how long will they stay, what will they eat, and what will others do? Questions a senior privateer and Free-Mariner condemned and scoffed at. Stepping into the flying bridge he made his way into the communications room and asked the RT to turn over the open channel radio. When the radios were prepped and all nearby ships were told to stand by the Chief gave a small pause allowing the radio to crackles for a while. Then he spoke:

"Comrades! Allow me an ear, be at ease and continue your work, but, keep your ear to me your brother and comrade! We have ridden together through waves and for many days of travel. Our home is the ship and our place awaits us on the shores!" He roared over the intercoms, "The fascists of the world do not know our mind and will face the liberation we bring to these islands. They are the communist-fascists and capitalist-fascists that we must be rid of! Remember the Steppes and remember freedom!"

His short speech ended an the room was livid with the secret alcohol stashes being opened as if on queue. The Chief began to walk out and he toward his quarters to begin writing a response to Jalastan's mysterious leader.

To the respective leader of Jalastan,

It would seem that you have little interest in the preservation of native culture as you and your people have already acted without reservations of others. This will be the downing of you if you do not carefully act.

Know that we shall act as the mediators to the people and if your ships and their people should touch reach the shore then I do not know of what my and the people native to this island may do.

This should be noted by all nations that wish to occupy the islands. That all ships entering the area shall be in carefully examined by the Free-Mariners for hostile intent. Documentation of immigration and work within the islands will be required hence forth.

Signed,
The Chief of Khmelnytsky

The Free-Mariners had begun docking on the northern shores of "4th" island their flotilla of two auxiliary ships and a single fast attack craft had begun redistributing supplies and preparing long term defense of the island. Tents, trenches, fox holes, tunnels, and cannon placements were set. But as the commotion rose and most of the flotilla's complement of two hundred men and women were on shore a group of dark skinned individuals had walked up from the south.

The group wore loosely pack palm hats, grass, skirts, loosely connected to a white cord. The group contained two women and three men and made their way to the top of a nearby hill on a small opposing peninsula of the island. Then they ran quickly behind the hill and seemingly disappeared into the grassland.
Last edited by Free-Don on Tue May 02, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents