NATION

PASSWORD

Reds on the Red Planet! [OOC, signups, MT/PMT Dip]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:56 pm

The Imperial Republic of Holy Tedalonia
Ship Crew:
8x Botanists
14x Soil Geologists
3x Meteorologists
43x Engineers
5x Logistics Experts
5x Communications Officer
1x Security Operatives
8x Security Droids
1x Military General
1x Tedalonian Diplomat
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:12 am

Some great early posts. Might be an idea to make a semi-inttoductory post in ic as Watersville and others have done, introduce a character maybe, or a perspective from your nation...
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Caracasus wrote:Some great early posts. Might be an idea to make a semi-inttoductory post in ic as Watersville and others have done, introduce a character maybe, or a perspective from your nation...

Holy Tedalonia Loves Expansion and the Military General Otho Tedgustus is their to establish the Might of the Tedalonian Empire and the Combat Prowess to prove. Holy Tedalonia sees Mars as a massive territory grab and research buffer.
Starring...
[*] Military General, Otho Tedgustus
[*] Tedalonian Diplomat, Karls Tanburg
[*] Lead Engineer, Bob Tellar
[*] Security Operative, James Tambree
Ultimate Goal: an Intergalactic empire
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Aaktirossika
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aaktirossika » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:15 am

Caracasus wrote:Some great early posts. Might be an idea to make a semi-inttoductory post in ic as Watersville and others have done, introduce a character maybe, or a perspective from your nation...

Aaktirossika has been sitting silently at the edge of the solar system for 2 millenia. Now, faced with the prospect of allying with Earthic nations in order to land on Mars, the Aaktirossik citizens are happy to form an alliance of sorts with others. A mining colony on Mars would be of great use to Aaktirossika, and in return for allowing us to mine out areas, we can use our very limited Terraforming equipment that will be able to thicken Mars' atmosphere and possibly raise the temperature.

Mission Control: Retensbrek Tower
Stellarnauts: Frederik Evanssen and Lijsa Haupgeij
President of Aaktirossika: Tomas Ijesselka
Leader of ASO (Aaktirossik Stellij Organzaten/Aaktirossik Space Organization): Amij Angvaa
Proud supplier of Recreational Nuclear
Missiles

I use a mix of NationStats and Factbooks. And yes, for some reason, we live on Titan.
________________________________________________________________________________
_[' ]_
(-_Q) .:If you support capitalism, put this in your signature:.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Titanian Federal Republic of Aaktirossika
Ter Tijtanik Fedrahlrijpublik ak Aaktirossika

Twenty-something Englishman of Anglo-Scandinavian descent, with a penchant for capitalism, space, and lasers.

POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic Left/Right: 3.47
Social Authoritarian/Libertarian: 3.9

This nation does not really represent my IRL views.

Raef Tige
Secretary

Founded: Apr 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Raef Tige » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:18 am

So I'm getting the vibe that there is three different factions forming for this RP:

1. Caracasus/RT/UAB/Watersville (Assorted Leftists) Partnership
Caracasus launched the race for Mars, combining efforts with the Tigen BEA to show that leftist governments and peoples of the region are capable of engaging in inspiring and peaceful scientific achievements. In order to move past the lingering shadows of the revolution and rally its people to support the Workers' Party as a force for positive achievement, Uan Aa Boa has joined up with Caracasus to send a representative along with Caracasus. The RT Dynamic Mutualist Party is wary of UAB's presence out of ideological differences, as is the Workers' Party of UAB due to the presence of former domestic opposition in its government and a 'soft stance' against imperialism, but is hopeful that cooperation will allow for an easing of tensions. However, this currently tense atmosphere may pave the way for diplomatic troubles if tempers flare and disaster strikes on the Red Planet. Watersville can be considered a somewhat neutral actor here, not neccisarily bound by ideological unity, and may be the best mediator between the two Earth factions in case of diplomatic incidents.
2. Tedalonia/Danceria (Imperialist, Capitalist) Partnership
United in defiance of the CRUW Parnership, private actors and governments from these powers have come together in an attempt to outshine and outcompete the Leftists. Danceria has engaged in some diplomatic engagements with RT, but keeps them at an arm's length.
3. The Aaktirossikans
A somewhat unknown factor to the Earth partnerships, their somewhat advanced technologies may incur a further diplomatic scuffle between the partnerships to secure their favor. At the start of their contact between these groups, they are somewhat wary of CRUW, as they represent a marked opposition to their individualist culture.

Am I missing anything?
The Dynamic Commonwealth of Raef Tige
Forest's Number One supplier of Craft Beer, steady-state economic theory, and witty remarks!
| Social Democracy/Mutualism | Post-Industrial Agrarian | Modern Tech | Cultured | Spiritual | Eco-Friendly | Midwestern Sensibilities |
This nation exhibits my personal beliefs, albeit with a more left-leaning perspective.
Director General: Te Dereyef

National Anthem

Aaktirossika
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aaktirossika » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:22 am

Raef Tige wrote:So I'm getting the vibe that there is three different factions forming for this RP:

Caracasus launched the race for Mars, combining efforts with the Tigen BEA to show that leftist governments and peoples of the region are capable of engaging in inspiring and peaceful scientific achievements. In order to move past the lingering shadows of the revolution and rally its people to support the Workers' Party as a force for positive achievement, Uan Aa Boa has joined up with Caracasus to send a representative along with Caracasus. The RT Dynamic Mutualist Party is wary of UAB's presence out of ideological differences, as is the Workers' Party of UAB due to the presence of former domestic opposition in its government and a 'soft stance' against imperialism, but is hopeful that cooperation will allow for an easing of tensions. However, this currently tense atmosphere may pave the way for diplomatic troubles if tempers flare and disaster strikes on the Red Planet. Watersville can be considered a somewhat neutral actor here, not neccisarily bound by ideological unity, and may be the best mediator between the two Earth factions in case of diplomatic incidents.
United in defiance of the CRUW Parnership, private actors and governments from these powers have come together in an attempt to outshine and outcompete the Leftists. Danceria has engaged in some diplomatic engagements with RT, but keeps them at an arm's length.
3. The Aaktirossikans
A somewhat unknown factor to the Earth partnerships, their somewhat advanced technologies may incur a further diplomatic scuffle between the partnerships to secure their favor. At the start of their contact between these groups, they are somewhat wary of CRUW, as they represent a marked opposition to their individualist culture.

Am I missing anything?

Nope, I think you have everything. We are willing to sell some of our limited capability terraforming equipment if anyone would like to buy some?
Missiles

I use a mix of NationStats and Factbooks. And yes, for some reason, we live on Titan.
_[' ]_

Twenty-something Englishman of Anglo-Scandinavian descent, with a penchant for capitalism, space, and lasers.

POLITICAL COMPASS

Raef Tige
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Raef Tige » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:24 am

Aaktirossika wrote:
Raef Tige wrote:So I'm getting the vibe that there is three different factions forming for this RP:

3. The Aaktirossikans

Am I missing anything?

Nope, I think you have everything. We are willing to sell some of our limited capability terraforming equipment if anyone would like to buy some?

If I were you, I'd keep that a hidden edge that might come up later - introducing it at a point of desperation might grant you considerable leverage. I feel like, at the start of the RP, it would be interesting to see how you react to us from afar, watching us clumsily try to set things up there. Maybe your scientists want to study us to try and gain insight on how early extraterrestrial colonies began?
Forest's Number One supplier of Craft Beer, steady-state economic theory, and witty remarks!
| Social Democracy/Mutualism | Post-Industrial Agrarian | Modern Tech | Cultured | Spiritual | Eco-Friendly | Midwestern Sensibilities |
This nation exhibits my personal beliefs, albeit with a more left-leaning perspective.

National Anthem

Aaktirossika
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aaktirossika » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:09 am

Raef Tige wrote:
Aaktirossika wrote:

If I were you, I'd keep that a hidden edge that might come up later - introducing it at a point of desperation might grant you considerable leverage. I feel like, at the start of the RP, it would be interesting to see how you react to us from afar, watching us clumsily try to set things up there. Maybe your scientists want to study us to try and gain insight on how early extraterrestrial colonies began?

Interesting point. Our historians are clamouring to watch what occurs in the project's infancy to determine what may have happened in our early history using the project as a model of sorts, as many things pertaining to our origin were lost in the Wipe (read my Overview Facebook). I will offer to sell the equipment likely at the point that it is most required, so thanks for the advice.
Missiles

_[' ]_

POLITICAL COMPASS

Raef Tige
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Raef Tige » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:43 am

Aaktirossika wrote:
Raef Tige wrote:

Interesting point. Our historians are clamouring to watch what occurs in the project's infancy to determine what may have happened in our early history using the project as a model of sorts, as many things pertaining to our origin were lost in the Wipe (read my Overview Facebook). I will offer to sell the equipment likely at the point that it is most required, so thanks for the advice.

No problem!

National Anthem

Watersville
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:17 pm

3. The Aaktirossikans

Am I missing anything?

This sounds good to me. Watersville would likely be the most likely to try to talk and work things out between the two sides (we seem to do that a lot over the past few RPs)
-His Royal Highness Joseph A. Watters, King of Watersville
-President elect Ruby McClaw of the Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville
The Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville

Stratarin
Envoy

Founded: Oct 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Stratarin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Putting my foot in the door. Tagged.
Generation 40, the first time you see this copy and paste it to your sig and add 1 to the generation

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Just a thought. I don't think terraforming should be easy or quick...dome cities etc anyone?
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Aaktirossika
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aaktirossika » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:57 pm

Caracasus wrote:Just a thought. I don't think terraforming should be easy or quick...dome cities etc anyone?

Good point, but my terraforming equipment's capabilities are extremely limited. It would take 4 or 5 days to warm up 20sqkm of land by 5 degrees Celsius. Sure, I guess if you don't want to spend a few billion on my equipment...
Missiles

_[' ]_

POLITICAL COMPASS

Brellach
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Brellach » Mon May 01, 2017 2:32 am

Caracasus wrote:Brellach, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume a colony of your folk in Caracasus... if that works for you?

A colony would be a stretch, but expect a boatload of devout environmentalists. Emphasis on the mental!

Caracasus wrote:Brellach: Diplomatic relations exist, and Caracasus seeks to smooth over any misunderstandings. (NB if your NS stats are to be applied, the vast black market could prove an interesting angle in terms of RP.

They aren't, but given how little (non-environmental) regulation there is, I'm sure something resembling a black market exists. What were you thinking?

Raef Tige wrote:Players, please answer these questions to set up a general baseline of diplomatic relations with us in the Commonwealth.

-Did you engage in a revolution against a nobility/oligarchical state in the late 19th-early 20th Century? No.
-Do you maintain a powerful administrative state with a well-established political hierarchy? Yes.
-Is your nation trending towards authoritarianism or popular sovereignty? Technically authoritarianism, but Brellach's government has rarely been authoritarian besides its inherently unelected nature. It is trending nowhere, it simply... is.
-Does your nation hold any qualms with the Party's principle of Dynamicism? Brellach would probably see more in common with dynamicism than it would most other systems, particularly the parts about endless growth being unsustainable.
-Has your nation engaged in an armed conflict in the last 10 years? Was it out of defense or aggression? No.
-Has your nation dealt with a civil war in the 20th Century? Was it an ethnic conflict? How was it resolved? No.
-What is your urban/rural population balance, approximately? Around 30/70, respectively.
-Does your nation practice some kind of anarchist policy? Is it mutualist? Categorically not.
-Is there a high degree of income disparity in your nation? Quite high. This is skewed heavily by the tribals, who deliberately extricate themselves from civilisation and therefore do not participate in the economy at all.
The Holy Queendom of Brellach
Factbook | Embassies | News

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon May 01, 2017 6:06 am

Aaktirossika wrote:
Caracasus wrote:Just a thought. I don't think terraforming should be easy or quick...dome cities etc anyone?

Good point, but my terraforming equipment's capabilities are extremely limited. It would take 4 or 5 days to warm up 20sqkm of land by 5 degrees Celsius. Sure, I guess if you don't want to spend a few billion on my equipment...

To clarify on my post said, 'Erhard counters the Triplex Member, "This is a space race, not government management! Look if we give them the lead their only going to claim mars faster than we can! Look, forget the nukes and terraforming equipment! The Poseidon is space tested, in space, and mars ready! I say we fly over and place our flag and claim mars to be I.R.T. territory!" This finishing statement gave Morrius Tedgustus the decision he was looking for. "I agree with Royal General Erhard on this one. We cant allow the Caracasus nor anyone else for that matter claim mars for themselves. Maybe will need allies to deal with them. What I think we should do is send the Poseidon out and claim mars and send a transport ship later for resupply and the terraforming equipment. I also want to phone up any countries who have a agenda against Caracasus and who also have a space program," said President Esteemed Tedgustus.'
Hinting that terraforming was in development however was not ever completed. It was to make my post sound more interesting. I'll let you know that based off of research right now it'd be lucky to be completed in 1 year, and expected to be completed in 5. The speech in which I had terraforming technology was a bluff to scare the other nations to think I have a trump car.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 02, 2017 5:30 am

So, there's something of a stir with the communications from Titan.... interesting stuff!

I have some plans for what will happen before the ship leaves orbit - but anyone got any further suggestions?

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 02, 2017 10:42 am

OK. Time for a quick re-cap. Who is doing what and where?

Caracasus:

Colonists are still being sent to the station. The ship will be launched soonish.

Discussions with Uan aa Boa.

Discussions planned with Raef

Response planned to the Titan folk.

Aaktirossika
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aaktirossika » Tue May 02, 2017 10:46 am

Caracasus wrote:OK. Time for a quick re-cap. Who is doing what and where?

Caracasus:

Colonists are still being sent to the station. The ship will be launched soonish.

Aaktirossik:

Preparing to enter the orbit of Mars.

Initiating the sale of terraforming equipment.

Trying to convince the Earthic nations that we do not pose a threat, which I very much doubt they'll listen to.

Launching a second ship with 6 more colonists.
Missiles

_[' ]_

POLITICAL COMPASS

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue May 02, 2017 10:55 am

Aaktirossika wrote:

Caracasus:

Aaktirossik:

Preparing to enter the orbit of Mars.

Initiating the sale of terraforming equipment.

Trying to convince the Earthic nations that we do not pose a threat, which I very much doubt they'll listen to.

Launching a second ship with 6 more colonists.

My colony ship Posseidon is enroute to mars

Convincing my people that you don't pose a threat

Wants to buy terraforming equipment

Has Zeus enroute to mars for diplomacy

And has Whisperer to spy on Titan

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 02, 2017 11:38 am

Okay. So far I think it's going OK. Can we possibly try to ground this RP a little more in reality? It is getting rather far-fetched as it is at the moment.

I'm broadly OK with the colony on Titan, but I feel it needs a little modification perhaps. The danger is that more and more advanced technology essentially leaves people on uneven footings. I liked the idea that while the Titan colony has some advanced technology, a lot of that progress and science has been lost.

Ships and travel:

It's going to take a long while to get anywhere. We shouldn't really be having space ships immediately launched really - please take some time preparing and then launch, go back and edit if needed. Quite apart from anything else, it gives you time to introduce your crews and everything. Given that military stuff isn't going to really happen much in the RP, instead tell us how your ordinary citizens are coping with the news of the mission.

Terraforming. This shouldn't be possible. Or at least, it shouldn't be even remotely possible on a timescale that this RP will be dealing with. I am thinking more along the lines of domed colonies and underground cities.

Thoughts? I'd like this RP to be a bit more early PMT than late PMT, basically. I'd also like to see more background and description of nations - perhaps some details from your government, major cities etc - so we get a feel for how things work - not just from a factbook.

Aaktirossika
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aaktirossika » Tue May 02, 2017 11:46 am

Caracasus wrote:Okay. So far I think it's going OK. Can we possibly try to ground this RP a little more in reality? It is getting rather far-fetched as it is at the moment.

I'm broadly OK with the colony on Titan, but I feel it needs a little modification perhaps. The danger is that more and more advanced technology essentially leaves people on uneven footings. I liked the idea that while the Titan colony has some advanced technology, a lot of that progress and science has been lost.

Ships and travel:

It's going to take a long while to get anywhere. We shouldn't really be having space ships immediately launched really - please take some time preparing and then launch, go back and edit if needed. Quite apart from anything else, it gives you time to introduce your crews and everything. Given that military stuff isn't going to really happen much in the RP, instead tell us how your ordinary citizens are coping with the news of the mission.

Terraforming. This shouldn't be possible. Or at least, it shouldn't be even remotely possible on a timescale that this RP will be dealing with. I am thinking more along the lines of domed colonies and underground cities.

Thoughts? I'd like this RP to be a bit more early PMT than late PMT, basically. I'd also like to see more background and description of nations - perhaps some details from your government, major cities etc - so we get a feel for how things work - not just from a factbook.

Understood. This is my second RP, so I'm still pretty new. I'm planning to sort of scam people in a sense, as the 'terraforming' equipmemt is a huge chimney that doesn't actually allow people to walk without suits on the surface of the planet. In fact, even if it did raise the temperature to liveable conditions, the lack of an electromagnetic field would roast the people. I effectively false-advertised.

As for the fast space travel, gravitational slingshots are very useful for fast travel, however nearer to the Sun they don't work, so the flight will likely take another 3 or 4 weeks, and I will not land there first. I promise.

Thanks for the criticism. I will change in the future, but as I said I'm new to this.

Thanks, Aaktirossika
Last edited by Aaktirossika on Tue May 02, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Missiles

_[' ]_

POLITICAL COMPASS

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue May 02, 2017 11:48 am

Aaktirossika wrote:
Caracasus wrote:Okay. So far I think it's going OK. Can we possibly try to ground this RP a little more in reality? It is getting rather far-fetched as it is at the moment.

Ships and travel:

Understood. This is my second RP, so I'm still pretty new.

No worries, this is what OOC is for after all!

EDIT: Not about the speed as such in terms of who gets there first, more about how I imagine the RP going. I don't really want there to be an easy "oh we can get there in a couple of weeks!" option. If something goes wrong, then I think it would work best if the people on Mars really are stranded and have to fix it themselves.
Last edited by Caracasus on Tue May 02, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Tue May 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Cosmonaut awaiting departure. Government starting to get a paranoid feeling that while they're used to being the pariahs of the international community they may in fact soon be the pariahs of the solar system. Discussions with Caracasus, to whom they're looking for leadership.

Watersville
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Tue May 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Watersville:

Section 3 of five is prepareing for take off (which will be in my next post). Within 4 in-game days, all five sections will be in space and will be prepared to make the journey once the Caracasusians are ready.

Awaiting reply for diplomatic trip to Raef

Preparing to, at some point in the near future, prepare message to ask for permission for diplomatic trip to Holy Tedalonia

Preparing response to Aaktirossik after latest reply (next post)

Anything else anyone can think of that I need to do?
-His Royal Highness Joseph A. Watters, King of Watersville
-President elect Ruby McClaw of the Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville
The Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Wed May 03, 2017 3:02 am

Looking good so far! Good to see some character development. TO clarify my point about technology and this RP in particular:

Modern Technology

Mission to Mars: Very hard, but not impossible with current tech.
Semi/permanent facility or base on Mars: Impossible with current tech, but may be possible in a few decades
Self-sustaining city/town on Mars: Clearly impossible with current tech
Terraformed Mars: A pipe dream

Early Post-Modern Tech (where this RP is set)

Mission to Mars: Do-able - it's already been done by several countries.
Semi/permanent facility or base on Mars: Very hard, but not completely impossible
Self-sustaining city/town on Mars: Impossible with current tech, but may be possible in a few decades.
Terraforming Mars: Impossible with current tech

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents