NATION

PASSWORD

Space-colonisation RP [DEAD]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Techoligia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Techoligia » Thu May 04, 2017 8:16 pm

An attempt on Johan Himmlers life has been made. A high profile Syndicalist shot Himmler in the gut and ran off, only to be shot by the Police later.

In northern Techoligia, there are whispers of revolution against the Diktator. Allegedly there is a group organizing itself as a liberation army. The Department of Investigation has dismissed this as propaganda against Johan. John Silas Reed was last seen in Northern Techoligia as well, and with similar military training to Himmler, a revolution would be a grind fest of millions on both sides until one breaks through.

However, with most of the non-conscript military loyal to Himmler, it would mean disaster if Reed couldn't train his Partisans well enough to go toe to toe with the Death Korps.
Glory to Techoligia and to Chairman Schuler.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Thu May 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Techoligia wrote:With the images of the camps leaked, the Diktator come clean.

"Yes. We have been using the Fanians in the work camps. But I am human and so are they... I saw too much in Fania to give another man the same treatment. I may despise them, but I will not treat them like true slaves. They will be provided for. I swear." The Diktator looks down.

"And with the threat of the Dictator of Happyland and King Joji... We are not afraid. We have gone through too much with our backs to the wall. And like a cornered animal we will fight until our last dying breath. As long as our Armor
Rolls off the lines, as long as a Teckolander can pick up a gun and fight... we will not give way."

"We will fight on the beaches of Karicksland, we will fight behind the old walls of Cogsport, and the hills of Comicksland... For we are Teckolanders, descended from the warriors who defeated the English who outnumbered us 3:1. The warriors that fought in the trenches at Verdun and the pillboxes in Normandy. The warriors who took their nuclear wasteland of a home and made it anew. We are Teckolanders!"

"And I will give my life to defend our home. I'll fight King Joji 1
On 1 if I must." He draws the 1932 pattern officers sword from his sheath.
"I'll stab this through the core of the Dictator Mark IV... I'll decapitate James McArthur and send his head to the Fanian corporations on a golden platter. As long as I live I will fight for our Motherland! Glory to Teckoland!"

The Dictator has given a speech in response to Himmler's:
*Well, well. I didn't think you had it in you, to admit what you've been doing, and that it was wrong. That takes strength of character most men lack.
*That being said... I have no intentions whatsoever of attacking you. I'd probably win if it came to war... but I do not want to test that, and I am uncertain of the outcome. After weighing all factors, I project a 37% chance of my victory and a 35% chance of your victory, but with a 28% chance of mutual annihilation. Needless to say, those are not odds I like, so please:
*Let us be allies, not enemies. This world has had enough wars over pointless ego for one decade. First it was the Fanians, then... well, then it was me, then it was the Fins. Speaking from experience, that club is not a good one to join.

The battle outside the city:
The Happylandian pilot prepared his craft, checked all the readings. Everything was perfect, just as it should be.
He checked into his AI partner, GRAY-7-9.
"Hey, Gray. What's up?"
*Not much. they responded. *You worried about what's happening next, too?
"Well, who wouldn't be?" *Fair. The aliens... they're back. Who saw that coming? And we're fighting them? In secret? This just sounds like the plot of a movie, y'know?
"Haha, I guess you're right there. Well, everything's good to go. We're ready to take off. Looks like it's go time, so let's take to the skies."
The plane swiftly accelerated to its recommended cruising speed of Mach 0.9, reaching Workopolis in ten minutes. Once they arrived, fighting started.
The aliens had prepared for their attack, and all their tanks were in the anti-air configuration. The Happlandian and Finswedegian planes had coordinated to attack at the same time, quickly surrounding the enemy. Though heavy losses were taken, the first wave accomplished its goal: knock out as many tanks as possible.
After but fifteen minutes of fighting, the armor arrived, again targeting the tanks. That was the pilots' cue to leave: they'd go back to base, grab some quick rations, and hop in a new plane. Flanked, surprised, and caught in anti-aircraft mode, the aliens were quickly decimated by the ground forces, but they quickly recovered, and the alien infantry stood up to the human infantry much better than the Swarm tanks against human tanks, leading to many more losses than anticipated. For a while, it looked as if the attack might falter, and some of the more inexperienced units were prepared to run.
Then, the third wave arrived. Composed of highly skilled, experienced pilots, many of whom had attacked in the first wave and were wanting to avenge fallen comrades, they swiftly cut the enemy armor to bits with their armor-piercing Vulcan guns. With their tanks' guns in anti-ground position, and with the infantry having few surface-to-air missiles, there were few weapons that could actually shoot back. Due to this, the Swarm was swiftly routed, and retreated back to the crater, where one last charge from both the Emperor of Finswedeway and General Dabura finished them off.
Not long after that, the Swarm army, or what was left of it, surrendered. Their leader was nowhere to be seen -- we think they disguised themselves as a common soldier. Or, probably more likely, they are dead. The soldiers are being held, while the officers are being interrogated -- a difficult process when a language barrier is involved, but nothing our codebreakers can't handle, if put to the task of deciphering a language. We will have answers soon.
Last edited by Evil Dictators Happyland on Fri May 05, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Fri May 05, 2017 6:02 am

Techoligia wrote:An attempt on Johan Himmlers life has been made. A high profile Syndicalist shot Himmler in the gut and ran off, only to be shot by the Police later.

In northern Techoligia, there are whispers of revolution against the Diktator. Allegedly there is a group organizing itself as a liberation army. The Department of Investigation has dismissed this as propaganda against Johan. John Silas Reed was last seen in Northern Techoligia as well, and with similar military training to Himmler, a revolution would be a grind fest of millions on both sides until one breaks through.

However, with most of the non-conscript military loyal to Himmler, it would mean disaster if Reed couldn't train his Partisans well enough to go toe to toe with the Death Korps.

I am issuing an official request that the two groups make peace and come up with a compromise -- say, two leaders that share executive authority, with disagreements settled by rock-paper-scissors or something. No matter who wins, there will be millions of dead on both sides. In a sense... there would be no winner.

Techoligia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Techoligia » Fri May 05, 2017 6:46 am

John Reed has conceded to Himmler after an extended sword duel, leaving Reed heavily injured.

Himmler has stated that he will be leading the Techoligian soldiers in their next training battle against the training Robots.

All news is brought to you by TNN! Glory to the Teckoreich!

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Fri May 05, 2017 6:46 am

7:23-Just outside the city gates, which have been mostly destroyed from the blast.

The men wait anxiously for a response from Happyland. A complete silence fills the entire field. Not even mother nature dares to break the concentration of the Fins. Some of the best snipers in the region, they tend to be a bit jumpy at times. In their absolute stillness, is their patience truly highlighted.

7:27-the aircraft carriers near workopolis

The pilots are the most anxious, they're the one's going first, to weaken the enemy, before the big boys come in and finish the job. All of the men are relatively unskilled. A generation has passed since the Fins needed the Earth-Navy's services, and no amount of training can teach you what a battlefield can. The boys are still optimistic, they know that they won't face too much resistance and, with the help of a longtime ally, they are sure to see success.

7:46-from the camp, about a mile off.

The few who stay behind for the less violent duties of managing resources and information, look dutiously at their comrades from afar. A fair 900 men, trained to be able to kill thirty people with nothing but some rags and canned beans, standing alongside maybe 25 tanks and not far off from about 150 fighter jets. The Fins always relied more heavily on the capapbilities of individuals than machines, but technology has always been a major contributor to their success in battle. Namely in the area of ballistic-resistant-armour, they've found what works and what is relatively cheap, and they stuck with it for as long as anyone can remember. Still, a single elite's outfit can take a year to make at best. Despite this setback, you will see no better agents in the world. (Bold claim, i know, i plan to prove that more effectively through actions)

8:02-the aircraft carriers

The pilots could hear plane engines in the distance, that was there cue. The engines rev up, one by one. The admittedly older men enter their planes and take off. The first run was met with high amounts of returning fire, but by the third run, it seemed they ran out of ammunition. The Fins turrets tore through their armour and destabilised most of their defences. They destroyed approximately three quarters of their artillery. A major hit for the aliens.

8:10-right outside the city gate

Joji addresses his men one last time. "You boys know what you're here for!" He shouts "but let me give you the detemmienation determination to accomplish that! We fight to help our allies. We fight for peace. But most of all: we fight... for honour! Now let's go send these aliens to their graves!" The men rush through to the heart of the alien base. They approach, silently, the alien forces. They hear fighting in the distance, and they know all is well. Every sniper finds a hinding spot and trains their sights on an alien, currently struggling with the Happylandians. Meanwhile, the main forces wait for the snipers to take as many targets as possible and retreat.

8:19-a Fin sniper hides behind some rubbles and takes out his rifle.

I've got this, he thinks I just need to find a target, and shoot. He hears the Happylandian tanks whirring on. An all too familiar sound for him. He shivers, readjusts his sights and sees a target. A lone, young alien. He seems lost, confused. Unsure of what is happening around him. The sniper thinks about what he's doing... he lines up the shot... he thinks about the alien's parents they might have. How many people love and care for this individual. He's sweating, even though the air blows cool, sea wind from the east. He looks down his scope. Finds the heart. And squeezes the trigger. A clean kill. what have I done? he thinks. But he's too busy to consider. He runs back to his comrades, hearing many other sniper-rifles shoot their iconic *perkooow* that pierces the air and rolls up and down the mountains like the wind on a cloudy spring day.

8:36-the charge on the heavily weakened forces.

Joji draws his blade, a simple curved sheet of metal folded over itself several times, cooled into place and charged with electric currents for extra effect. He admires it for a short time, before signaling his men to charge. They all cry out a great shout in Awglikhan: "Zhiwaing ni-taisari!" "Death over Failure!" The already weakened aliens are forced into the crater they created, they hunkered down and took up a defensive position. They seemed to have a plasma shield put around the crater, so bombing them is out of question. The only real option is to wait for them to starve, hopefully before we did, or to lure them out. Joji liked the former better, and decided to surround them, but leave a small gap in the formation. Unbeknownst to the aliens, the Happylandians would be waiting for them; Ready to charge with all of their might. All they had to do now was force them through the gap.

10:47- the men wait for the aliens to come out.

It has been 2 hours. 2 hours too long. Joji decided that now was no longer the time for patience and ordered his men on the other side of the gap to charge at the aliens, with support from snipers all around. The men, with Joji at the front of the formation, charge valiantly into the crater. As it happened, General Dabura had a similar idea. She ordered her trooos to rush the crater through the gap, and crush the remaining opposition. The rest of the aliens fell, but put up a bloody good fight in the process. Joji alone had seven near misses from plasma shots, and one good hit right below his lungs. The armour took the brunt of the otherwise deadly attack, but his armour was now stained with a red mark in the center of his cuirass. It seems he quite liked the look of it.

10:58-the two armies meet

Noon approaches and the battle is won, but they still must find the origin of the distress signal. Nowhere in the battle did they see any signs of the ambassador, so the search was on. Joji and Dabura send two units each to search for him. But it is no easy task, the rubble... and bodies... everywhere... it's nearly too much

"You did great out there today." The Emperor addressed Dabura, "lot's of gains... but too many losses. Next time, I'll come more prepared."
"Many thanks for your help, Emperor."
"Any time, my men can warp in for your assistance."
Joji returns home from a successful battle, mourning the losses but celebrating the victory. After a long day, he needed a rest. He lays his head down to sleep in his royal chambers. He thinks about all of the people that slept here before him. He thinks about his ancestors, King Hinrhi Zhen. He rebelled against the tyrannical government some 400 years ago. Isabel Finn took up the crown after some time of weakness, and made the country into a superpower. Her grandson was weak, and took too long to take action. Here, Joji is today. His country is built upon death and poverty... some time passes, but he can't sleep. Something feels... terribly wrong. He finally starts to drift off, when he hears a great explosion. One that shakes the entire palace, nay, the whole country. He gets up, looks outside his window and sees a brilliant, blinding light. The city of Zhanzhing, one very close to Olizha, and sometimes mistaken as part of it, has been completely destroyed.
To survive the coming age, we must adapt, resist populist influences, and root out greedy tyranny from the hallowed halls of government, and as God is my witness, we will survive.
-Audo av Sangua

Techoligia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Techoligia » Fri May 05, 2017 7:08 am

The Volksarmee is offering the Death Korps and 3rd "Iron Hands" Armored division to aid against the Alien menace. Himmler promises to send the entire military if need be.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Fri May 05, 2017 10:08 am

Finswedeway wrote:"You did great out there today." The Emperor addressed Dabura, "lot's of gains... but too many losses. Next time, I'll come more prepared."
"Many thanks for your help, Emperor."
"Any time, my men can warp in for your assistance."
Joji returns home from a successful battle, mourning the losses but celebrating the victory. After a long day, he needed a rest. He lays his head down to sleep in his royal chambers. He thinks about all of the people that slept here before him. He thinks about his ancestors, King Hinrhi Zhen. He rebelled against the tyrannical government some 400 years ago. Isabel Finn took up the crown after some time of weakness, and made the country into a superpower. Her grandson was weak, and took too long to take action. Here, Joji is today. His country is built upon death and poverty... some time passes, but he can't sleep. Something feels... terribly wrong. He finally starts to drift off, when he hears a great explosion. One that shakes the entire palace, nay, the whole country. He gets up, looks outside his window and sees a brilliant, blinding light. The city of Zhanzhing, one very close to Olizha, and sometimes mistaken as part of it, has been completely destroyed.

Within a day and a half of Zhanzing's destruction, a hundred platoons of Happylandian soldiers descends on the rubble, trying to find survivors. Thermal scanning is all but useless, as the plasma blast has left enough heat to make the stones 90 degrees Fahrenheit, near human body temperature, so the soldiers have resorted to simply picking apart the rubble, occasionally lashing large pieces of stone to helicopters and lifting them up (the most dramatic example of this tactic being when a house-sized chunk of concrete was lashed to four helicopters at the same time. Afterward, the soldiers were both reprimanded for damaging the military craft and given medals for extreme creativity).
We have found none, but we are not giving up. The central part of the city has been turned to glass, but the outside parts have been destroyed by a shockwave, thus leaving the possibility of survivors.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Fri May 05, 2017 11:21 am

The situation was dire, and needed to be fixed fast. Fleet Admiral Zhono was drinking imported Happylandian vodka when he heard the blast. He assumed it was just some fireworks and continued relaxing after a long day, but when he heard no other explosions, he began to worry. He was in the palace at the time, in the war room. He rushed out to the throne room, and looked into the courtyard just outside. He saw how the once dark night was illuminated by a lingering cloud of dust and ash. Tokaya thought about Workopolis, he knows that after the blast, the aliens tend to come after a few days. Emperor Joji rushes in, wearing his slightly dirty armour. Tokaya bows, "Denka-Tai, we have to send men in there at once."
"I know, admiral, we're going, too."
Just my bleedin' luck he thought. "Yes, Denka-Tai. We should go now. "

50,000 elites arrive on the scene, which accounts for most of the elites in existence. Due to the high-priority status of the mission, only the best men were capable. They know that the aliens will come soon, it had already been two days. The plan is to hide amongst the ruins and silently taking out as many aliens as possible before regrouping and charging on them. Their armour has been especially designed to hide their heat signatures and they have acquired a lot of their advanced night-vision technology. The men wait patiently in their hiding spots.
To survive the coming age, we must adapt, resist populist influences, and root out greedy tyranny from the hallowed halls of government, and as God is my witness, we will survive.
-Audo av Sangua

Techoligia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Techoligia » Fri May 05, 2017 11:26 am

More comets begin landing in Techoligia. The military is mobilizing once more. Estimates put the number of objects to at least two thousand.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Fri May 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Aliens arrive in Zhanzhing, after 2 and a half days of radio silence. The following is the battle from Fleet Admiral Tokaya Zhono's, an immigrant turned decorated elite warrior, perspective.
Zhono takes his position in a destroyed and dilapidated building. He checks to see if his mates are in position and if his gun is primed for use. He sees that everything is ready, and enters that all-too-familiar state of concentration. He is positioned on the second floor facing a narrow alleyway, a great place to take out a good fifty enemies with one magazine. The aliens march by in units of 24, their dark purple skin blending with their dark surroundings. Zhono lines up his gun perfectly as a unit passes by. He, and the three people accompanying him, take about four people each with ease. This silently dispatched the unit, as completely silenced guns have recently been perfected, leaving a pile of alien bodies. Zhono silently moves on to the his next position, with his unit. The next position was in a large, historical museum.
The museum was in ruins. This buiding had survived earthquakes, tornadoes, and tsunamis. Yet, a single blast totaled it completely. The aliens were located in the basement, looting the museum of its treasures. Tokaya throws an EMP into the basement, and he and his men easily slaughter the looters. They next had to go to the rendezvous point.
Zhono met Emperor Joji near the heart of the glassed city. "Good morning, Admiral!"
"Good morning, Denka-Tai." Says Tokaya, bowing his head, "our men have been successful in taking out as many as possible."
"Good," said Joji, "let's wait for the rest to arrive"
Around thirty minutes pass, and all 50,000 elites are concentrated into one area, with no causalities. The main retaliation will come soon, before the aliens move on to Olizha.
Last edited by Finswedeway on Sat May 06, 2017 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Audo av Sangua

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Sun May 07, 2017 7:34 pm

The Happylandian Space Navy has reorganized and is prepared to fight off the aliens before they appear, boosting its firepower by granting amnesty for (most) past crimes to pirates who give up on being criminals and sign up for the Navy.

In addition, we have spotted something we feared: an alien battleship, not as large as the mothership, but incredibly well-armed. It is theorized that the ship could reduce a fortified city to ash in three minutes with its array of weaponry.
It appears to be equipped with deflector shields, and in addition... there may very well be more of them.
However, on a positive note, the ship appears incapable of carrying comet-sized pods, rather, it only uses boarding pods. A leading military scientist, Dr. Albert Blucher, has noted that the ship appears in many ways to be a more advanced version of the Titan-class dreadnought in the Happylandian Navy.

(OOC: Don't attack the ship just yet. I have plans for it.)

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Sun May 07, 2017 7:35 pm

"They're marching on!" Shouted Tokaya, "men, defensive positions!"
The Elites, fifty thousand in number and trained from birth, readied their guns and blades and primed their EMP grenades. The advancing armies marched in unison and unwavered by the force ahead.
"Men, you know what to do," Yells Tokaya, "fight to see victory, and to your last breath!"
"Sir, yes sir!" Responds the men, with all of the enthusiasm of a child being promised treats. They are all prepared to die for their country, and especially the Emperor. The advancing army reached the defending elites, and what would follow was an historic battle.

The first shots were loud cracks. They tore through the silence of the night. Soon the shots died down, as both sides take shelter. Then came the bombers. With no high specialty targets in the area, there was no risk to bombing. The bombs kicked up sand and threw bodies into the air. Then the bombings stopped, and the aliens charged. The Fins threw their EMPs and drew their blades. Surprisingly, the aliens had blades of their own, beautifully forged steel in the form of a three pronged blade.
"Formations men!"
The Elites assumed the formidable formations of old, only used today in blade-to-blade combat (which, if you live under a rock, is a rare thing in the modern world). The two armies clashed in a manner which hasn't been seen in around 200 years. Steel clashing, and Empires colliding, the Fins no longer fight for their Emperor. They fight for humanity. Slowly, through sheer strength of numbers, the Fins front line recedes. Men fall one after the other, but the morale stays strong.

Joji, at the front line, faces three aliens. He swings to his left, but is parried. Using this momentum, he continues the swing and runs through one of them. He has no time to celebrate, as whenever he downs one, two more replace him. He takes a defensive stance, and the tight formation near he is in supports him. Joji parries to his left and stabs an alien fighting the man next to him. He strikes the alien in front of him and parries two attacks coming from either side of him. Joji is pushed back and a blade pierces the heart of the man to his right. He struggles to stand up again. He flips up and looks around. To his left, the formation next to his is falling. To his right, an alien force is approaching.
"How? My best men! The bravest soldiers, outperforming everyone! But it's not enough." As his formation fell, he cries out. At this moment, there are about 500 Elites left. The cry rang out, his men knew what it meant. The remaining people are to throw self preservation out of the window. That cry, used very little in Fin history, basically says "the mission is failed, take as many as possible with you."

Nearby Joji, Tokaya was fending off an alien. Joji runs up, stabs the alien by surprise and addresses the situation.
"Admiral, I give you the responsibility of ordering the rest of the army to warp in and bring the fight to the aliens."
"But-"
"I don't have time for your objections, you are Olizha's only hope. When you are done, take my daughter. Get her out of the country, get her somewhere safe."
Tokaya bows, "Yes, Denka-Tai. I won't let you down."

The Elites rally to one point, and charge at the alien army.
Joji runs after the mass of aliens. Chopping into the stomach of one, the one next to him lands a hit. He immediately strikes back, cutting through its chest. Parrying a strike to his head. He staggers, parries to his left and gets stabbed clean through his stomach. Joji cries out in pain, cuts off the head of his attacker. He pulls out the blade in his gut and yells, "If there's a hell, I hope I take you all with me, so I can kill you all again!" Joji counters to his right, kicking back an alien. He raises his blade up for an attack, but get cut accross his chest. He steps back, takes a deep breath and charges forth again. He deflects an attack to his right, trips an alien and stabs him while he is downed. He looks up, at an alien in flashy robes and cutting through several elites. Joji knows that it's the alien General. He assumes an offensive stance, and charges, aiming his blade at the alien's neck. The alien turns around, strikes away Joji's blade and kicks him down. He puts his blade against the Emperor's neck, and stares into his eyes. Joji glares at the general, pulls out his sidearm and shoots him in the shoulder. The general shouts in anger, readjusts his blade to Joji's neck and runs it through.

The last of the elites, with the exception of Admiral Zhono, died then. The only hope for Olizha and Finswedeway was to assemble their army in its entirity and overpower the seemingly unending force. Tokaya escaped the country with Joji's daughter, Zhingu, aged thirteen. It will be three years before she is eligible for the throne. With nowhere to go, the admiral and the princess are currently on a boat in international waters, hoping to stay undetected by the aliens.
This was a horrible defeat, may the universe have mercy on us all.
-Audo av Sangua

United Democratic Peoples Republics
Lobbyist

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Democratic Peoples Republics » Sun May 07, 2017 7:36 pm

oh hello, just gonna spread some socialism and wealth equality here

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Sun May 07, 2017 7:41 pm

United Democratic Peoples Republics wrote:oh hello, just gonna spread some socialism and wealth equality here

Nah, we already had a little civil war not long ago about that. Socialism is old news. BTW, welcome to the RP
Last edited by Finswedeway on Sun May 07, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Audo av Sangua

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Sun May 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Finswedeway wrote:Wall of nope

As the boat with the remaining Finswedegian government leaves port:

A Finswedegian soldier looked at Olizha as the boat left port. Much of the city had been evacuated, but the city was burning, the emperor was dead, and their southern elite army was destroyed.
He saw a streak of light, not unlike the comets that had fallen onto Finswedeway some time ago. But unlike them... this one didn't land. Instead, a massive explosion ripped through the once mighty city, turning it to ash and shattered concrete within seconds.
Only his warning and swift about-face saved him from being blinded by the explosion, and he hit the deck out of instinct. He got up a half minute later, and looked upon the city with an expanding mushroom cloud enveloping it.
"They've done it," he shouted, "the aliens blew up the capital!"
But something wasn't right. There was a sort of... buzzing noise. Eventually, he realized what it was. His Geiger counter, part of standard field gear, was going bananas. Radiation.
But... the alien plasma bombs didn't leave radiation.
Suddenly, he realized. That wasn't the aliens. They had already taken the city at great cost, why would they destroy it without giving their men time to evacuate? That made no sense.
No, it wasn't the aliens.
Someone had just nuked Olizha.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Sun May 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Finswedeway wrote:Wall of nope

As the boat with the remaining Finswedegian government leaves port:

A Finswedegian soldier looked at Olizha as the boat left port. Much of the city had been evacuated, but the city was burning, the emperor was dead, and their southern elite army was destroyed.
He saw a streak of light, not unlike the comets that had fallen onto Finswedeway some time ago. But unlike them... this one didn't land. Instead, a massive explosion ripped through the once mighty city, turning it to ash and shattered concrete within seconds.
Only his warning and swift about-face saved him from being blinded by the explosion, and he hit the deck out of instinct. He got up a half minute later, and looked upon the city with an expanding mushroom cloud enveloping it.
But something wasn't right. There was a sort of... buzzing noise. Eventually, he realized what it was. His Geiger counter, part of standard field gear, was going bananas. Radiation.
Suddenly, he realized. That wasn't the aliens. They had already taken the city at great cost, why would they destroy it without giving their men time to evacuate? That made no sense.

OOC
where you going with this? I legitimately have no idea how to respond. Not like it wouldn't be hard to invade us anymore. We are basically leaderless for three years and our army are all on a boat.
-Audo av Sangua

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon May 08, 2017 4:46 am

Finswedeway wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:As the boat with the remaining Finswedegian government leaves port:

OOC
where you going with this? I legitimately have no idea how to respond. Not like it wouldn't be hard to invade us anymore. We are basically leaderless for three years and our army are all on a boat.

OOC: You know what? I had a plan for that, but I wrote that at... like, 11 pm, my brain was not working that well.
I had a plan for that, but since I completely forgot what it was, I think we can retcon that.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Mon May 08, 2017 4:56 am

Finswedeway wrote:OOC

OOC: You know what? I had a plan for that, but I wrote that at... like, 11 pm, my brain was not working that well.
I had a plan for that, but since I completely forgot what it was, I think we can retcon that.

Thank god, i had a plan to retake the capital and it would be this big battle. Maybe i could get some allies involved. Idk, id think of something neat. Its hard to retake a city covered in fallout. And its location is very deliberate. It is located in the heart of the country, so bombers would have a hard time getting in and invaders have to go through a militarised agriculture secter, freesing cold, endless jungles or elite laden swamps.
-Audo av Sangua

Techoligia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Techoligia » Mon May 08, 2017 5:08 am

The Techoligian government goes on alert after the nuclear bombing, Jets being scrambled, Navy on high alert, the works.

Libertici
Secretary

Founded: Oct 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertici » Mon May 08, 2017 6:38 am

OOC: Sorry about my sudden disappearance, my wifi kinda died, but its back now.

News of what was found inside the "bunker" reaches Libertici. The LSSA sends two repurposed space freight ships with 2 more Explorer Groups. Noticing the recent nuclear attack on Happlyland, the Libertician Armed Forces (LAF) offer humanitarian aid to those affected. The Libertician government is very nervous about an impending nuclear war and begins the Libertician Space Colonization Initiative. The LSCI will give citizens brief training on space travel and sends them Kepler-186f. They hope that in the event of a nuclear war, enough people will already be on Kepler-186f to continue the legacy of Libertici.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon May 08, 2017 8:45 am

Libertici wrote:OOC: Sorry about my sudden disappearance, my wifi kinda died, but its back now.

News of what was found inside the "bunker" reaches Libertici. The LSSA sends two repurposed space freight ships with 2 more Explorer Groups. Noticing the recent nuclear attack on Happlyland, the Libertician Armed Forces (LAF) offer humanitarian aid to those affected. The Libertician government is very nervous about an impending nuclear war and begins the Libertician Space Colonization Initiative. The LSCI will give citizens brief training on space travel and sends them Kepler-186f. They hope that in the event of a nuclear war, enough people will already be on Kepler-186f to continue the legacy of Libertici.

Techoligia wrote:The Techoligian government goes on alert after the nuclear bombing, Jets being scrambled, Navy on high alert, the works.

OOC: That didn't happen, we retconned it.
My original plan was to create a story about a bunch of "reformed" pirates in the Happylandian Navy getting their hands on a nuke and bombing the Finswedegians, but I decided that didn't make much sense.

The underwater base on Ascension has been completed, made of meter-thick reinforced concrete, it will be nearly impossible for it to leak short of large shaped charges.
The anti-human terrorist agency has lost several key battles due to the adoption of Happylandian-designed machine guns and missile launchers by the Talachertonitt Defense Forces. However, they have been receiving more support and recruitment due to a recent campaign to convince people he government is really a puppet state run by humans. (It is not, but due to the fact that we handed them a scientific revolution in exchange for building materials and territory they weren't using does give us a lot of influence.)

On Earth, a secretive project is underway in the heart of the Happyland. A massive camouflage dome, preventing view from orbit or air with all known forms of surveillance, covering an area of five square kilometers has been put up near the ruins of Old Egopolis, and massive supplies of steel and titanium are being brought in. It is unknown what the project's goal is, but it is definitely something big.

Techoligia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Techoligia » Mon May 08, 2017 10:39 am

After a stroke put Johan Himmler into a coma, elections are being called as people see some of the atrocities at the works camps.

TNN reports support for the TNK is falling sharply, and the Syndicalist-AnCom coalition's popularity is soaring again.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Mon May 08, 2017 10:46 am

Before the Fin army could possibly respond, alien invaders took many large and significant cities in Finswedeway. The aliens have announced, in Awglikhan, that they now own this territory. What was once the governing body is now The Resistance, led by an orphaned princess and the late Emperor's favourite officer. The alien state is now called Jlibando. Protesters and gun-toting farmers are being killed daily. Our space colonies remain loyal and on the defence.
Last edited by Finswedeway on Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Audo av Sangua

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon May 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Finswedeway wrote:Before the Fin army could possibly respond, alien invaders took many large and significant cities in Finswedeway. The aliens have announced, in Awglikhan, that they now own this territory. What was once the governing body is now The Resistance, led by an orphaned princess and the late Emperor's favourite officer. The alien state is now called Jlibando. Protesters and gun-toting farmers are being killed daily. Our space colonies remain loyal and on the defence.

Since I now have something to declare war against, I declare war on the state of Jlibando, calling for them to pay reparations for the damage they inflicted and give back the territory they stole.
Orbital bombardment has begun, and non-nuclear missiles are being fired at important military targets daily.

Recruitment for the space forces has soared, with enough people signing up that we have run out of ships to assign them to.

The project is continuing, with additional supplies of plutonium and thorium being shipped in -- enough of the latter to power a city of 30,000 people and enough of the former to build a bomb powerful enough to destroy it. The state admits it is working on something, but it is unknown what -- some of the more credible sources on the Internet theorize it may be a type of new warship capable of taking off and landing from the surface, unlike the current models which must be built in zero-g and cannot take gravity above about 1/5g.
Additionally, supplies of special cord are being taken in. Loosening or tightening when exposed to an electric current, they are frequently used for robotics and artificial limbs as a sort of "muscle". These will likely be used to make construction robots.

Anti-aircraft around cities is being stepped up, with massive supplies of surface-to-air missiles capable of destroying a warplane twenty miles away at every zone of concentrated economic, political, military, or social activity that exists. However, this is expensive, and it is wondered how much longer the state can produce these things without going bankrupt, even with its incredibly powerful state-planned economy.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Mon May 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Finswedeway wrote:Before the Fin army could possibly respond, alien invaders took many large and significant cities in Finswedeway. The aliens have announced, in Awglikhan, that they now own this territory. What was once the governing body is now The Resistance, led by an orphaned princess and the late Emperor's favourite officer. The alien state is now called Jlibando. Protesters and gun-toting farmers are being killed daily. Our space colonies remain loyal and on the defence.

Since I now have something to declare war against, I declare war on the state of Jlibando, calling for them to pay reparations for the damage they inflicted and give back the territory they stole.
Orbital bombardment has begun, and non-nuclear missiles are being fired at important military targets daily.

Recruitment for the space forces has soared, with enough people signing up that we have run out of ships to assign them to.

The project is continuing, with additional supplies of plutonium and thorium being shipped in -- enough of the latter to power a city of 30,000 people and enough of the former to build a bomb powerful enough to destroy it. The state admits it is working on something, but it is unknown what -- some of the more credible sources on the Internet theorize it may be a type of new warship capable of taking off and landing from the surface, unlike the current models which must be built in zero-g and cannot take gravity above about 1/5g.
Additionally, supplies of special cord are being taken in. Loosening or tightening when exposed to an electric current, they are frequently used for robotics and artificial limbs as a sort of "muscle". These will likely be used to make construction robots.

Anti-aircraft around cities is being stepped up, with massive supplies of surface-to-air missiles capable of destroying a warplane twenty miles away at every zone of concentrated economic, political, military, or social activity that exists. However, this is expensive, and it is wondered how much longer the state can produce these things without going bankrupt, even with its incredibly powerful state-planned economy.

Refugees are fleeing the country by the millions, entering any country they can. Fania, Happyland, a few in Techoligia.
More alien comets are landing all over the planet, including Fania, Techoligia, and, most notably, right next to New Egopolis. Aliens unload onto the blast site and start attacking and capturing any cities they can, with terrifying efficiency.

A substantial force of Happylandian soldiers and tanks go out to the landing site, ready for anything.
"It's nothing. Just sand. Why is there nothing here?"
"Don't ask me."
"What reason could they possibly have for blowing up some land?"
A blinding light peirces the moonlit sky. A comet with a light blue trail flies through the air. It lands on New egopolis, glassing what it hit and setting fire to most other things.
"Probably something to do with that?"
"Oh, great nonexistent God, we have to get over there!"
-Audo av Sangua

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents