NATION

PASSWORD

Laikanese Conflict of Aggression (Etharia Region Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Laikanese Conflict of Aggression (Etharia Region Only)

Postby Treko » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 pm

December 10th, 1961
Bình Klahan-21
320th Laikanese Shock Division
Location- Outskirts of capital Szu, Laikanese-Sombodian Boder

Sweat beads slowly flowed down from my face then to my neck only to be stopped by my bandanna. This damned jungle was a bubble of heat and humidity, only a small breeze once every few minutes was the saving grace of this place. However, I couldn't really complain about my divisions current situation. We had been in this dense jungle for nearly two weeks and everyday was hell, but everyone was used to it. Jungles like these covered most of Sombodi and Laika. It was normal for most of the people in these two countries to deal with this heat and humidity. Sadly, I was from a town that was up in the mountains. I was a rice farmer before I joined up with the Laikanese army. Nonetheless, if I knew a few months later we would be going to war I would have stayed being a rice farmer. Of course I couldn't really speak out against the invasion now. I was indebted to the government for giving money to my family....despite all that it wasn't time to be thinking of "what if's," in this situation. The time was nearly upon us to spring forth this invasion plan against the nation of Sombodi. From my position in the dark jungle I took a glance of my surroundings and saw my division waiting patiently for the command. A few looked back at me but they quickly looked ahead in nervousness. I couldn't blame them. I felt like I was on the verge of pissing or shitting my pants. All of us had done basic training, but this, this was an entirely different scenario for us. Those who said they weren't afraid were full of shit. I didn't say anything. Veteran or rookie, you had a good fucking chance of being shot dead. I just hoped my death was a quick one. I wasn't looking forward to holding my guts in with my hands.

As I continued to peer out from the jungle to the capital city I heard the rustling of bushes to my front. I quickly raised and shouldered my rifle and waited for the unknown foe to show itself. Men covered in jungle foliage came forth with arms raised and rifles on their backs. "Don't shoot! Forward Recon....just taking one last look." said the soldier leading the units of soldiers out of the jungle brush. I gave a sigh then nodded before replying, "Fucking hell, I nearly shit myself. Better hurry back though. It can start at any moment." The man gave a nod then quickly hustled off into the darkness of the night with his men. After the small conversation I lowered my rifle and gave one final look around the dark jungle before looking at the port that sat next to the capital. Our squad had been blessed with "confiscating," arms from a Kanadorika freighter that was docked at the port. The shipment of arms would surely help the war effort against Sombodi.

After I finished going over the plan on the little pocket map I was given I heard a distant bang that was 400 meters back. I quickly looked back then up and to my front as I saw the white flair high the night sky. That was it....that was the signal to begin the invasion. It was crude, but only a handful of divisions were able to get a hold of radio. Without looking back I picked myself off of the ground and with my rifle ready began pushing out of the jungle with my division towards the city. The city was rather still far off, but as we began to clear the jungle that was a few miles deep we were able to reach a nearby road. It was basic but it was the main road to the city and each road light we passed brought us closer to the city. We continued to walk on the road and continuously got off each time a armored division passed. Lucky bastards....they had it easy compared to us.

When the division got less than 200 meters from the city lights we began to pick up our walk into a jog then into a run. The lone road we had walked had quickly turned into multiple as it had merged with capital streets and showed the shocked faces of the people. I hardly paid any attention to the civilians as I was to busy leading my squad to the docks. All I saw from the civilians was them pressing themselves against walls or rushing into the nearest building and hiding. A benefit for us really as we didn't have to waste our time with them. After taking quick glances at civilians I stopped and guided my squad around a corner to a road that led to the docks. Whilst guiding them I took notice of 2-to-3 squads storming an embassy that waved a flag that belonged to the Trekkish government. My attention swayed away back to my squad but shot back to the embassy when gunfire erupted from inside building. I knew that nothing good had coming from. I quickly ignored the event and rushed down the road to meet up with my squad who were waiting for me at the docks.

The freighter was huge and easily to spot and we quickly made our way to it with weapons raised. As we approached a man on the ship began looking frantically for crew and shouting something in a foreign language that brought up more crew from below deck. They attempted to raise the ramp, but my squad quickly open fired at them taking down 3 of them. We continued on and up the ramp until we had secured the main deck and began working our way up to the bridge. The crew was frantically trying to close the door before we had arrived but time had favored us. We grabbed the edges and quickly fought for the door before we opened it and barged in with weapons raised. "Get down on the ground and put your hands on your head!" I shouted as I moved my aim to each person over and over again. The captain of the Kanadorikan vessel began to say something but due to language barriers we ended up having a shouting match. It went on for a minute or so before a squad mate noticed one of them sneaking towards a drawer. He quickly opened fired on the crew member which we quickly followed suit. We shot them all down. I looked down at the dead foreign men before looking at my squad. I shook my head before making over to the bridge radio and changed the frequency to communicate to command. "The freighter has been taken....the crew is dead. We will be waiting for reinforcements until further orders." I stated as I looked out the bridge window that overlooked the capital and noticed the tracer fire and explosions lighting the sky.
Welcome to the Laikanese Conflict

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Fjavur, Hvidoved Canton, Kanadorika
Hilmir Engilbertsson, 19 years old

"Are you going to ever get off your ass and get a job?"

I sighed, making sure Grandpa was aware of my annoyance with him. He was about to go on one of his typical tangents demonizing me and my generation as a whole.

"When I was your age, I was living in a trench. The only thing I recognized were my long dead comrades whose corpses rotted away at my very feet!" He took a seat on my bed with me, unwelcomed, but not before I spoke up to defend myself.

"That was ages ago. It‘s 1961 now. I mean, we've gone to space gramps! The world has changed since you were my age, and we don't have the same opportunities your generation was lucky enough to have."

He gave me a cold stare, his eyes fixated on mine. "Listen son, you have absolutely no clue about the hell I had to endure. I am haunted day and night with nightmares. I would watch your mouth if I were you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, now can I have some privacy please?"

Grandpa mumbled something and got off my bed and out of my room, the occasional swear word being audible in his grizzled tone of voice. I went to my desk and opened a jar of pomade, dabbing some in the palm of my hand before running it through my hair to slick it back. I used a comb to perk my hair into the perfect pompadour, then returned to my bed to put on my shoes and walked down the stairs. Grandma was in the kitchen, baking what appeared to be a pie.

"Bye amma, I'll be back later."

She turned to face me, her face worried. "Honey, you make me so nervous when you stay out all night. Please tell me you will be careful."
I gave her a quick hug before grabbing my keys from the table.

"Of course, I‘ll be safe." With that, I made my way out the front door and to my car. I got in and turned it on, the car making a terrible screeching sound when I shifted it into reverse. "Fucking piece of shit." My damn car could barely run, and I lived every day fearing it could break down at any moment. Regardless, I was able to back out of the driveway, and sped down the street. I tuned the radio until I found a song I liked, and kept the dial there. The music only lasted several moments until it was interrupted by what sounded like a special broadcast.

"This is TWX Broadcasting Systems with a special bulletin. The Republic of Kanadorika has declared war against Laika just moments ago after an overwhelming vote of Parliament. The text of the declaration is as follows;

'JOINT RESOLUTION Declaring that a state of war exists between the Government of Laika and the Government and the people of Kanadorika and making provisions to prosecute the same.
Whereas the Government of Laika has committed unprovoked acts of war and piracy against the Government and people of the Republic of Kanadorika:

Therefore be it resolved by the Parliament of the people of Kanadorika, that the state of war between the Republic of Kanadorika and the Government of Laika which has been thrust upon Kanadorika is hereby formally declared; and the Prime Minister is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the Republic of Kanadorika and the resources of the government to carry on war against the Government of Laika; and to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Parliament of Kanadorika.

Let it be known that upon the signing of this declaration of war, the Republic of Kanadorika hereby forbids all unauthorized seaborne commerce between the government and people of Laika, and the rest of the globe. The Kanadorikan military shall be given orders to sink, capture, or loot any and all unauthorized and unidentified vessels entering or departing from the military designated exclusion zone.' "

Several Days Later

202 miles from the Laikanese coast, 0136 hrs
Captain Brynjólfur Arnbjarnarson, commanding officer of Type XLV nuclear attack U-Boat, U-1290.

"Captain, we have picked up an unauthorized surface vessel at 28.4 klicks, heading in the direction of the Laikanese mainland."

The lieutenant's face was covered in sweat; all of ours were. U-Boats were certainly not the most comfortable of vessels in the Kanadorikan Navy, though their lethality was legendary.

"Acknowledged. Have they made any attempts to identify themselves?"

"Negative sir, they appear to be a merchant ship."

I scratched my chin, summarizing the scenario in my head. "Fire torpedo number three on it. Do not disclose our position. Keep the sonar off."

"Affirmative captain, firing torpedo number three."

'They take our ships, we take theirs.' I thought to myself while sitting down in my seat, a smile pursed on my lips. It would take a few minutes for the Lieutenant to return.

"The torpedo has successfully come into contact with the target and snapped its keel. Needless to say the target ship has been sunk."

"Very well Lieutenant, carry on."

I have not felt the rush of the sinking of an enemy ship since the world war. I have once again become a hunter, with the Laikanese prey falling victim to my nuclearized power.

Last edited by Kanadorika on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Bruthenia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruthenia » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:41 pm

December 12th, 1961
Bruthenian Cabinet Meeting
Erdain, capital of Bruthenia

"We can't allow the situation to escalate. With the involvement of Kanadorika, a local conflict between two neighbouring states has already become part of a global theater involving a major power. If anyone else decides to get involved, we could be looking at a third world war. I think everyone here would agree that is impermissible."

The Foreign Minister was animated, clearly agitated by the situation and adding to a frantic urgency that clung to the room. His intense gaze was unmet by the Chancellor, whose eyes were focused on the documents before him. The leader of Bruthenia was clearly deep in thought, silently absorbing the information his ministers and documents had to offer. His cabinet continued to bicker and verbally spar in front of him as he sat quietly at the head of the table.

"I agree with Minister Cómhan. And with the Trekkish embassy incident, the situation is guaranteed only to deteriorate further. We need to mediate this dispute, and we need to mobilize a naval dispatch to give credibility to our..."

Before he could finish his thought, the Defense Minister's words were sharply interrupted by the shrill objections of Mairi Morganach, a high level diplomat who had been invited to the meeting. She was well respected within Bruthenia for her role representing the country in post-war geopolitical reconstruction efforts. She was noted for a staunch support of disarmament policies. Privately, however, her interpersonal skills were not as well received as her diplomatic acumen.

"Insanity! If we are to mediate this dispute, we can't do it looking down the barrel of a gun. With all due respect, Minister, this is the absolute worst time to be flexing our military muscle. Chancellor, what we need to be doing is contacting the Kanidorikan, Trekkish, Sombodian, and Laikanese governments to try and get cooler heads to prevail and sit down for a diplomatic solution to this growing quagmire. Nobody wants a repeat of the global conflicts that ravaged the world in the first half of the century. Frankly, nobody can survive another global conflict and everybody is well aware of that. We should be able to pull this off." She ignored the Defense Minister's icy stare as she kept her own eyes fixed on the Chancellor.

After a few tense seconds of silence, the Bruthenian leader spoke up. The entire room focussed their attentions on the man, who hadn't uttered a word for nearly twenty minutes prior.

"Very well, you make an excellent point Ms. Morganach, all of you have really. Minister Druminn quietly prepare your naval detachment, but for the love of Branhuin do not deploy it to Laika or let any journalists catch wind of it. It is only as a contingency should talks turn sour and a military option is required, which hopefully it won't be. Minister Cómhan, work with Ms. Morganach here to pull strings with the various governments involved and get them to sit down at a table. Let's try to get this done before the end of the year. Meeting dismissed."

At that very moment...
202 miles from the Laikanese coast
Merchant Ship Lánn-Helaig

"What the fuck's he speaking?"

"I have no idea, sir. I think it's Kanadorikan?"

The captain of the merchant vessel and his first mate were huddled around the radio, which had woken them both with an emergency alarm followed by repeated transmissions in a foreign language.

"Well turn the fucking, you know, the thing on and I'll try a response. Maybe one of these savages can speak Bruthenic. Hopefully we can get a decent signal out to them even without the radio repairs."

The first mate nodded and turned on the radio transmitter as instructed. She nodded at him to let him know he was broadcasting to the other ship. He cleared his throat.

"This is Captain Eacharn Breathnach of the commercial shipping vessel Lánn-Helaig, designation BCM-27C13. We are carrying a very important shipment of commercial goods to Laika from Bruthenia. We are a civilian ship. We do not understand what you are saying. We are on a tight schedule."

The two crewman waited tensely as they listened hard to the static, the repeating transmission from the other ship seeming to stop.

"Stöðva eða eytt!"

They both groaned.

"Do we have any Kanadorikan crew members on board who could-"

Suddenly the ship rocked hard and both grabbed onto the desk for support. The sound of metal clanging forcefully against metal rang through the hull.

"The fuck was that??"

The first mate had no time to response to her captain's inquiry as a second, more violent calamity of noise and vibrations shook the both of them. The Captain managed to hurriedly flip a switch as he realized the ship was under attack, and grabbed the microphone.

"All hands, abandon ship! I repeat, all hands-" another violent shake, and the captain was silenced.
Last edited by Bruthenia on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:57 am

December 12, 1961
Svend Lund-29
140th Light Infantry Regiment
Treko, Fort Lozihrau

I sat quietly in the dorms looking over my weapon that I had been given clearance to provide maintenance to. My fingers glided over the wooden stock then onto the receiver before putting the weapon upright and began the procedure of looking over the weapon. I quickly stripped the weapon down and cleaned it thoroughly before putting it back together again. This was only the 100th time I had done this in my dorm today. I had been denied my leave of the base for some reason that wasn't explained to me at all. Must have been the top brass's decision that no one was allowed to leave the base. Only military personnel was allowed to return and they even put out an emergency radio broadcast alerting members of the military to return to base at once. No one knew what was going on, of course, my bet was that some shit had hit the fan in some other country and our government was on policing mode making sure nothing went wrong on base or in the nearby town. Whilst I thought over the issue in my head I quickly heard a pair of footsteps coming run down the hall to my hall followed by frantic knocking on my door.

"Oi, Lund! Open up the door, Lund!" Shouted Freyr, a friend of mine that was from my squad. Never heard him this agitated and angry.

"What do you want?" I quickly replied while getting and moving to the door. I cracked the door open slightly, but it was useless as Freyr, Sten, and Max pushed the door open and made their way to the radio.

"Damn, lund, have you not been hearing the speaker announcements over the base?" Responded Freyr, his hand quickly messing with the radio that was in my room. Sten and Max looked intensely at the radio waiting for it to turn on.

"No, I was to focused on working on my rifle." I stated, but my response went unanswered as the radio finally came to life and it was emergency broadcast from head of state High-Chancellor Kaj Olov.

"This is Alf Gottfried with TNN and we are live at the The Council Chambers in our capital of Velståendevekst. We are currently awaiting the head of state to make his speech regarding the matters in Laika Conflict....wait....wait...There he is! High-Chancellor Kaj Olov is making his way up to the podium and we will now switch to his microphone.

"It is with a sad heart that I must relay what we have found out during the initial invasion of the Sombodian nation. During the attack on the capital our embassy was overrun by Laikanese forces and Ambassador Rolf Petter, his family, and most his staff were killed. It is with times like these that I will state that The United Coalition of Treko will not and shall not tolerate any attack on our soil! In response to the Laikanese actions we shall react in kind with a declaration of war against the Laikanese Government! Treko will unite! Treko will not falter! Treko will show no mercy! The Laikanese government has made their bed now let them sleep in it.

"That's right my fellow Trekkish citizens we have officially declared war on the Laikanese nation and no doubt we will bring all the fury we will muster. This Alf Gottfried of TNN and I an signing off for now. More later today."

"Holy shit..." I muttered under my breath as I looked around my dorm at Freyr, Sten, and Max who were as perplexed as I was. My mouth began to move, but I was quickly cut of as the Klaxon alarm on base began to signal. I quickly looked at my friends and they returned my gaze before nodding at each other. They quickly bolted out of my dorm and ran to their dorms to gather their things for the deployment to come. I gave a long sigh before I rose from my bed with rifle in hand. We hadn't expected this to happen, but even I knew that one day our training would be put to the test. I gave one final look around the room before I gather my things and left my room.

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 pm

Stabssersjánt (Staff Sergeant) Arnór Sigþórsson
Her, 17th Undirfylki, K Herdeild (Army, 17th Infantry Division, K Company)

16 Kilometers inland from the Northern Laikanese Coast.
2 Days before D-Day

The rain had finally ceased, though at this point its full effects had already been seen. Our clothes were saturated with water, both from our own sweat and the nearly continuous precipitation that fell from the heavens. Every tree or brush we walked through would dump the pools of water that were being cusped in their leaves upon being pushed aside, ensuring that we would remain wet. The sky had finally cleared and was now a striking baby blue which allowed the sunlight to make prisms out of the droplets of rain which settled on the vegetation. The ground was thick with mud, though our boots could keep our socks dry for the most part.

“Where are these fuckers at?” Nýliði (Private) Lárus complained, the flamethrower mounted on his back slightly impeding his movement. We were marching forwards along an old dirt trail that was currently dissolved into nothing more than mud.

I too, was desperate to fight some Laikanese, though I really didn’t know the answer to his question. The best I could do was merely guess. “If from what I have been hearing is correct, they are probably holding up a position on that hill a few klicks ahead of us. Probably are going to ambush us too.”

Lárus sighed. He was a large, burly man, though he had a notoriously short temper. Our squad would commonly target him with practical jokes as a source of humor, something he would initially fight back with using his own ferocity, but would eventually settle down and laugh it out with the rest of us. He was tasked with operating the flamethrower, a position his immense strength was well suited for. Like most in the Kanadorikan Army, our squad was primarily built around the machine gun. We were 10 troops strong, and were divided into the standard MG support and rifleman roles that infantry squads generally adhered too, though we were one rifleman short with Lárus instead operating the flamethrower. I myself carried an STR-54, a battle rifle which used a full sized 8mm cartridge and was capable of automatic fire. It shot an incredibly powerful round, though was rather unstable when fired in anything other than short bursts when automatic fire mode was selected.

To my right was korporáll (corporal) Ari. His sleeves were rolled up and he was sweating profusely while he carried the MG-56 machine gun on his shoulder. Belts of the gun’s ammunition draped around his neck, clinking with every step.

“You alright there Ari? That gun is looking a bit heavy for you.”

“Yeah, go fuck yourself,” the korporáll laughed. His expression suddenly shifted and he pulled the gun off his shoulder and held it in front of him. “Did you hear that?”

I didn’t hear anything, so I stopped moving and listened to whatever it was in the ambient rainforest that Ari had heard.

“It almost sounded like a voi- Holy shit got one!” a Laikanese infantryman lunged out with a grenade, but Ari quickly fired upon him and the man fell onto the ground in a pile of his own blood without pulling the pin out. “Yeah bitch, how does that fifteen hundred rounds per minute of Kanadorikan revenge taste like?”

We all readied our weapons and continued forward, now much more alert. Our squad only took several steps when I noticed a patch of exposed dirt contrasting with the green vegetation around it.

“It’s a tunnel, and its entrance seems to be unguarded. Put your masks on. Lárus; lead the way.” I reached to the back of my web gear and pulled out my gas mask, sliding it over my face. “Ari, you and your men stay here and watch the entrance.”

Lárus began his decent into the bowels of the entrance tunnel and I followed him inside. It was cramped and dark; clearly not designed with comfort in mind. Laikanese voices abruptly sounded ahead, and Lárus quickly unleashed his flamethrower upon them. They clawed frantically at their flesh as they burned alive, emitting a blood curdling scream of pure pain until their charred bodies could take no more and collapsed dead. We cautiously stepped over them, being wary to not burn ourselves from the still smoldering corpses.

If this was any indicator of what was to come, this war was going to be brutal and would be fought down to the last man. It would be only two days until the Kanadorikan Army would invade en masse, and the conflict was already spurring to action.
Last edited by Kanadorika on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Sjovenia
Senator

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sjovenia » Sun May 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Bitburg National Arena, Bitburg, Eifelstern District, Sjovenia

"It's the third period and Bitburg is down by 3 points...this is one intense hockey game let me tell you!" said the commentator as he watched the players skillfully weave around eachother. The game was pretty much stagnant with short bursts of excitement only to return to boredom. This was not the best game the Tito had experienced either. Tito Josip

POST HOLDER
Leader: Autarch Ferdinand Tennfjord
Capital: Sova Mesto
National Animal: Tyto Owl (Barn Owl)
Currency: Tolar

Olympic Athletes

Athletes

Official Sjovene Youtube

Self Advertising

"No one loves a warrior until the enemy is at the gate."

"You know dying is often a cry for attention"

Return to International Incidents