NATION

PASSWORD

Echoes of the Void (FT - Sign Ups - Open - OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Hedron
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Echoes of the Void (FT - Sign Ups - Open - OOC)

Postby Hedron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:02 am

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC THREAD HEREIC THREAD HERE

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The overall plot and arc of this RP was inspired by events that happened in Stellaris in concerns with my despotic Empire and one of the three crises that happened. Of which with a lil cheating I made all three happen. So I decided, "Hey, you know what would be cool. What if I get back on Nationstates and have all the other players interested in inserting their Nation into the Empires in this galaxy and were involved with the Swarm Crisis that lasted for about 200 years or something." It's actually still going on in my save file, but don't worry about it. It's contained. Almost. Now do understand, my writing skills and such, like all others, are a perishable skill. I haven't done this in a while so really I don't mind if players who are interested in this RP are new or old, but the standard of respect for others is held pretty high here, but mostly for the OP :twisted:.

So the rules are quite simple.

1. No God Modding
  2. Use common sense
  3. Be reasonable, and logical, in terms of force sizes, battles, etc.
  4. If something happens and I say, "No Bueno Monsieur." It is Retconned and never happened. My word is law round 'ere. (This will happen VERY RARELY, but don't test me.)
  5. Respect each other
  6. Be committed and if you're leaving. Send a TG. Let us know, don't plop out.
  7. Get a chunk of sentences in there. Keep it interesting!
  8. Lastly, have fun. Enjoy the story. At least cry once.
  9. --Extensive use of Sarcasm both IC and OOC is a pre-requisite--

Now, at the beginning, the atmosphere of this RP at first would revolve around mystery and suspicion between others. Terror. Horror. Fear. Worlds will be swallowed and whatever you considered to be famous will be cleansed. Relics, holy sites, everything you held sacred in your nation will be consumed, to an extent. Depending on who's the first nation to get encountered by the dark forces that is. Every Empire in this Galaxy hates each other, But mostly hates me cause my people are an ass. Or not. Dunno. But the point is - you and your people are going to encounter something so sick and disgusting and terrifying that no other galactic knowledge can explain what is happening in front of you. Even Galacticpedia would provide no answer. Fear would play a big part in this story (Unless your people are emotionless turds). Though, that doesn't mean each Nation in this RP doesn't know each other. We've all fought in wars and conflicts, we've all participated in scientific advancements and traded, and especially handled delicate diplomatic affairs. So that barrier between us and others are practically gone. Don't be a stranger lmao.

But anyways, that's all I got so far, but everything else could be handled in the OOC post or in TG. Questions? Send'em my way.

Backstory:

"That signal I discovered with my team was just a single ping. A single one at first. We've had travelers from other galaxies before, but they were very rare and only happened once as far as I recall. And the chance of it happening again was highly unlikely so I told my team to just ignore it. But the signal came back this time with another ping. It multiplied by ten, then twenty, then a hundred. The frequency and delays between them grew shorter and shorter until it sounded like a single line. Are we going to merge with something? No. Space storm? Not likely. But Before my team and I could localize where the signals were coming from it fell silent. A single ping was the last one we heard and recorded. Just one. But this one caught the galaxy's attention." - Scientist Dredmond on HMS Cascade during a scientific expedition in the Tar Valemm system.

After the years of war and betrayal the Hedron people have experienced, we've become cynical and cautious to every alien species we've come across. We weren't xenophobic at large, unlike previous xenophobic citizens in the Galactic Hedron Combine, if anything we were interested in xeno culture and our galaxy in general. Before diving deeper, a brief history of the Hedron Empire itself.

Before we were the Royal Hedron Empire, emphasizing the empire in there, we were three large factions with what we thought was right. The Royal Hedron Empire, Hedron Alliance, and lastly the Galactic Hedron Combine, the most aggressive one out of the three. Largely from the Year 2200 to 2300, we left each other alone for the most part, but it was until the Year 2323 the Royal Hedron Empire under the decree of Grand Marshal Jane Ushula declared war against our siblings. The Hedron Unification War was the name. To unify our species against the growing xeno threats beyond our borders, at least that was the intent.

Of course, the reaction was met with hostile force and for decades many lives were lost simply because we aggressively pushed our ideals against theirs, but in the end, year 2352 was when the war ended. The Royal Hedron Empire annexed its brothers and sisters and formed the Royal Hedron Empire as we know it today.

That's the short version.

The long version is a more gruesome and indepth history of the Hedronians, but specifically the major galactic struggles we faced. One of which were the Wraiths, which remains to be the closest we, the species of this galaxy, ever faced galactic extinction.

The extradimensional incursion in the Year 2367 in the Tumal Jus'ka system inside a small Alien Empire. The technology they possessed was far beyond our knowledge, and let alone where they came from remains a mystery to us even to this day. But they were hostile and violent, consuming worlds and species without stopping. Grand Marshal Rolf Andbert, a unification war veteran, declared the beings to be a galactic threat and placed the Royal Empire's military and economy into overdrive. Worlds which use to be resorts turned into forge worlds and produced war machines. Scientists tasked to cure galactic diseases were retasked to produce weapons of unimaginable designs, one of which became the infamous Mobile Suits. Sacrifices had to be made and those who went against the decree of the Grand Marshal were purged, a galactic edict not held in high regard with other species.

Year 2368 was when we launched our fleets against the unknown beings, to of which we named them the Wraiths because of their fuzzy distorted features. Under the combined force of almost every sentient race that exists in the galaxy we launched an attack against their system. Knowledge of how they're pooling into our reality was through a portal, largely unknown in construct and meaning, but what we did know was how to defeat them. We launched coordinated strikes against their supply routes and worlds of which they consumed. We fought together until we reached their home sector, of which were casualties were the highest. Their beam-like weapons tore through our shields and ships like butter and consumed them like they never existed. Nevertheless, through the efforts of every species, we destroyed their portal and shortly afterward every Wraith remnant that existed.

It was this war that unified all of us for a single moment. It was possible. It really was, but in the end Hedron Year 2369, Grand Marshal Andbert closed our borders. We focused producing weapons and studying the foreign technology. We accelerated past known realms of science and what could be possible. When we had a chance we shared what we knew with the other species, but never anything past that. Soon afterward the idea of galactic unification soon extended its distance and at any moment we would dive, once again, into a galactic war.

It was until Hedron Year 2396 we found out the reason why. Before defeating the Wraiths, they delivered a final message. A message that said, "If we were not the ones to cleanse the galaxy, they will. And you will all suffer for your incompetence. You chose to avoid misery, but pain. It will be all you know." Cryptic, but a warning nonetheless. We took no chances. Every smaller Empire beyond our borders we annexed into ours. Other Empires viewed this with hostile intent, especially our larger neighbors. Though our intent was not for resources or greed. No. None of the other species would've understood why, but it had to happen. It was necessary. We used our weapons, largely alien in design, but human operated to expand our borders and our Empire. Weapons designed to protect were used differently, but we saw how effective they were. Soon afterwards, those who were smart enough, researched our designs and made their own.

Until the Year 2400, February 23rd, a single anomaly appeared beyond our galaxy. With it came a signal. A single ping. In reply we sent out a ping as well. A message to the galaxy. The first message we would say to our neighbors after almost 30 years of silence.

Writing this at like 2 in the morning, apologies if things don't make sense. Had to type it out before I lose the idea. :lol:

TLDR; Huge Galactic Battle happened. Herald of bad news from invaders. We prepared for the said bad news. Here's a song to let your imagination go wild in what happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IIus4r-GQ

Application:

Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name:[/b] (Name of Nation)
[b]Population:[/b] (General population one would expect.)
[b]Government Type:[/b] (Self-explanatory)
[b]Amount of Systems:[/b] (Amount of systems your Nation/Empire possesses)
[b]Colonized Worlds:[/b] (Amount of worlds your people have colonized)
[b]Primary Species:[/b] (Self-explanatory)
[b]Home World:[/b] (Self-explanatory)
[b]Home Sector:[/b] (Self-explanatory)
[b]Tech Level:[/b] (Future-Tech? Modern-Tech? In-between?)
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (Self-explanatory)

IC Message:

Code: Select all
[Encryption Code Level: High]
[File Name: Codename - Void]
[Attachments: Audio File]
[Sender: Hedron Intelligence Department]

As the message was opened, a female voice was instantly played from the audio file, "Greetings." A pause before continuing, "This message is from the Royal Hedron Empire under the decree of Grand Marshal Rolf Andbert, delivered by the Hedron Intelligence Department. I would also like to notify that this message is not meant to be saved or distributed, as such this message can only be played once before being self-deleted." A short pause then she continued, "If I would be allowed to introduce myself, my name is Juuian Obverosky, rank and title are irrelevant. I will have to ask you to tolerate this irregular diplomatic maneuver, the amount of time we have left is...little for diplomatic courtesies." She takes a deep breath and exhales, "During the Wraith incursion that many species have participated in eliminating, we received a warning, an ill omen if you will, that will bring all sentient life in the galaxy to extinction. While it sounds much like an illogical superstition, we've had qualified data to support this warning over the years. Do note that this information has not been made public to the populace, yet. Panic and strife is something that you and I would not want to happen within' our own borders. Continuing onwards just recently, and by that I mean a couple months ago, we've been tracking an unusual anomaly in the far outskirts of the galaxy, the anomaly that that everyone could blatantly 'see.' While events like these happen time to time, this certain anomaly is irregular. According to our scientists, the anomaly is, and I quote, 'A living and breathing entity.' It has attempted to communicate with our tracking stations, but so far we've been receiving cryptic pings. More of our scientists are approving the theory that they are judging the distance to the galaxy via radio waves. Though the usage of such is much like primitive sonar technology. Though that is uncertain as of yet."

A little scuffling could be heard in the background, but the voice continues as she clears her throat, "Ahem. While I cannot provide a lot of details in this file, much of it is quite foreign to my knowledge. The Grand Marshal would like to extend an invitation to an urgent galactic meeting, a very rare occasion us Hedronians have yet to perform many times. Grand Marshal Andbert is willing to hold the meeting in person or in a communication of your choice. Though, he would prefer a visual display meeting, a considerate act for the busy schedules you all must have. In this message we've also included a code you may use to 'enter' the meeting. If your species lack the technology to attend this meeting, I'm afraid audio would be the only option for you."

The audio file could be heard stopping before an automated voice replaced the female one, "Message is being erased from your database. Please hold."

Then silence, for a moment. A second later after the message was deleted, a single automated code was generated and presented towards the individual reading. Typed in their own language.

Shortly afterwards, if you were accepted that is, I'll send out a TG asking how your Empire/Nation would fit into this galaxy so all the Players would enter the IC thread with about the same atmosphere and angle of attack. And as always. Have fun!
Last edited by Hedron on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:32 am, edited 7 times in total.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Reserved

Postby Hedron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:03 am

Poor souls
Accepted Nations/Empires so far:

Telros as the "Tezekian Directorate"
Olimpiada as the "Federated Worlds of Olimpiada"
Creataris as the "United Elemano"
Sub Sector Protractis as the "Sub Sector Protractis"
Eclius as the "Eclisian Empire"
Newne Carriebean7 as the "Uesugi"
Last edited by Hedron on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:28 am

Consider me interested. Will post app when not at work.
EDIT: So funny enough, this nation of mine is based on a a playthrough from Stellaris as well. Funny how that works. =P

So, uh can you give us an example what to put in each of the parts of the appt? For things like tech level, its hard to exactly measure without knowing what you're looking for.
Last edited by Telros on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyrenthia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrenthia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

OOC: I'm interested, but as the above poster said, I'll need a sample application to have any idea what to put in. In the meantime, time to think about how to translate my nation into an FT scenario.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Honestly don't mind the tech level too much really. Just a personal overview on what everyone has. But yeah I gotchu guys.

Example:

Nation Name: Royal Empire of Hedron
Population: 376 Billion est.
Government Type: Military Dictatorship
Amount of Systems: 100+ (20 of which are habitable)
Colonized Worlds: Total of 16 worlds, mostly Continental Worlds.
Primary Species: Humans
Home World: Vekarius
Home Sector: Taris IIV
Tech Level: Future Tech (generalized term) (Post Future-Tech like slower than light travel or Far Future-Tech faster than light. Which ever you roleplay the Tech your nation uses really. This just gives me an overview of the players.)
RP Sample: /me dance. (Insert a snippet from previous RP's or the link to the post.)

I'll be changing things real quick tho - now that I look at it. Some of it is pretty useless. Give me 10 minutes.

EDIT: There ya go. I'll leave this up, but refer to the first post for the App. Things should be a little more clearer now, but if not send a TG my way.
EDIT 2: 2 million trillion people. I see why now. Lmao.
Last edited by Hedron on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cyrenthia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrenthia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Nation Name: Cyrenthian Federation. Or just "the Federation" informally.
Population: About three hundred billion.
Government Type: Democratic Federation.
Amount of Systems: Around one hundred.
Colonized Worlds: Twenty. Two massive hive worlds, but mostly earth-like planets, with three devoted solely to the military. Lots of space stations as well. Mining takes place on some of the harsher ones not counted here.
Primary Species: Human
Home World: Eravate Prime
Home Sector: Eravate
Tech Level: Far future tech. Think Elite:Dangerous for an example of our ships and space travel. For our ground military, it's like the Imperial Guard from Warhammer 40k. Civilian tech is again, like Elite.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396572 Got some stuff in there. You'll find it if you look.

(Note. We're going to have a very large military, because four years of military service is mandated once teens get out of school, and every able bodied man and woman under 35 is part of the reserves. The economy is a bit weak as a result.)

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Cyrenthia wrote:Nation Name: Cyrenthian Federation. Or just "the Federation" informally.
Colonized Worlds: Twenty. Two massive hive worlds, but mostly earth-like planets, with three devoted solely to the military. Lots of space stations as well. Mining takes place on some of the harsher ones not counted here.
Tech Level: Far future tech. Think Elite:Dangerous for an example of our ships and space travel. For our ground military, it's like the Imperial Guard from Warhammer 40k. Civilian tech is again, like Elite.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=396572 Got some stuff in there. You'll find it if you look.

(Note. We're going to have a very large military, because four years of military service is mandated once teens get out of school, and every able bodied man and woman under 35 is part of the reserves. The economy is a bit weak as a result.)

40k Eh. I've had my fair share of that avenue. Just keep the Exterminatus and the Ugly Marines off the table and I think we'll work together just fine lmao. Or at least nothing that betrays logic :P

Expect a TG from me soon.
ACCEPTED

Cyrenthia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrenthia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Hedron wrote:
Cyrenthia wrote:Nation Name: Cyrenthian Federation. Or just "the Federation" informally.

40k Eh. I've had my fair share of that avenue. Just keep the Exterminatus and the Ugly Marines off the table and I think we'll work together just fine lmao. Or at least nothing that betrays logic :P

Expect a TG from me soon.
ACCEPTED

Not quite what I meant. I just meant in terms of uniforms and weapons.

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Nation Name: Federated Worlds of Olimpiada
Population: 4.6 trillion (Note: Only about 2% of these are actually in any military forces, and that the majority of these are going to be tied up in other conflicts unless this gets really big, because deploying all 71 billion of these people would be stupid.)
Government Type: Parliamentary Theocratic Republic
Amount of Systems: 500
Colonized Worlds: 350 (Note: Population density gets weird here. Most people are in densely populated systems near the capital, while more distant worlds are still being settled. Think Britain in the 1800s)
Home World: Three Leaders, Gaia system
Home Sector: Scutum - Centaurus Arm
Tech Level: A vague future tech doesn't really do things justice here. Military tech is most relevant, so I'll be covering that.

So, for naval stuff. We've got coilguns, lots of them. Most of them fire small 8 mm osmium pellets, which doesn't sound that bad until they're going at significant fractions of the speed of light, leading to impacts equivalent to nuclear bombs from hard to see projectiles. The disadvantage to this, of course, is having to carry massive amounts of deuterium fuel for fusion reactors. Do with that last part what you will.

On the ground, things are different. Standard infantry wears a lightweight exoskeleton which isn't well armored, but can move at high speed. They're generally backed up by dropships which get them across long distance, as well as the "mages" within their squadrons: augmented soldiers with a direct neural interface connecting them to a fairly dumb nanite swarm of limited range. That said, this is a powerful tool in close quarters.

The infantry is backed up primarily by tanks and "angels". The former is a wheeled vehicle, boasting a powerful coilgun, allowing it to fight at distances that allow indirect fire via drone reconnaissance over the world's curvature. "Angels" is more military jargon, generally referring to heavyweight exoskeletons, about ten feet tall, carrying heavy coilgun machine guns, independently targeting shoulder mounted rifles, and/or a whole host of other weapons, varying by mission.

RP Sample: viewtopic.php?p=31082862#p31082862
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Nation Name: The Tezekian Directorate
Population: 215 Billion est
Government Type: Scientific Directorate
Amount of Systems: 20 Systems controlled directly, 60 in sphere of influence or through protectorate states.
Colonized Worlds: 12 worlds colonized, terraformed to be tropical havens for the native species.
Primary Species: Tezekian, a race of eagle-like avians, with a plumage of feathers in a crown-like fashion on their head, often displaying the color that is their namesake. (Beak of Blue would have blue feathers and so forth).
Home World: Tezekis Prime
Home Sector: Tzinn
Tech Level: Middle to Far Future Tech. Their technology has advanced to include powerful coil kinetic cannons, spinal massive coilguns, powerful space torpedoes with various variants, shields and antimatter power systems. There is more about them here.
RP Sample: Here you go

I'm happy to clarify more on them by TG or on here, since my factbook is still ongoing. A lot of the factbook won't be relevant since its for the galaxy of 'this' universe, not this Stellaris one.
Last edited by Telros on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Olimpiada wrote:Nation Name: Federated Worlds of Olimpiada
Population: 4.6 trillion (Note: Only about 2% of these are actually in any military forces, and that the majority of these are going to be tied up in other conflicts unless this gets really big, because deploying all 71 billion of these people would be stupid.)
Colonized Worlds: 350 (Note: Population density gets weird here. Most people are in densely populated systems near the capital, while more distant worlds are still being settled. Think Britain in the 1800s)
Tech Level: A vague future tech doesn't really do things justice here. Military tech is most relevant, so I'll be covering that.

So, for naval stuff. We've got coilguns, lots of them. Most of them fire small 8 mm osmium pellets, which doesn't sound that bad until they're going at significant fractions of the speed of light, leading to impacts equivalent to nuclear bombs from hard to see projectiles. The disadvantage to this, of course, is having to carry massive amounts of deuterium fuel for fusion reactors. Do with that last part what you will.

On the ground, things are different. Standard infantry wears a lightweight exoskeleton which isn't well armored, but can move at high speed. They're generally backed up by dropships which get them across long distance, as well as the "mages" within their squadrons: augmented soldiers with a direct neural interface connecting them to a fairly dumb nanite swarm of limited range. That said, this is a powerful tool in close quarters.

The infantry is backed up primarily by tanks and "angels". The former is a wheeled vehicle, boasting a powerful coilgun, allowing it to fight at distances that allow indirect fire via drone reconnaissance over the world's curvature. "Angels" is more military jargon, generally referring to heavyweight exoskeletons, about ten feet tall, carrying heavy coilgun machine guns, independently targeting shoulder mounted rifles, and/or a whole host of other weapons, varying by mission.

As far as everything goes. Great. Love it. Lots of descriptions for me to play around with and formulate the direction of this story. Though keep in mind, and that goes with the rest of the players as well, number of worlds you inhabit and the populations does not affect the story at large. It just gives me and other players a basic idea of how expansive your Empire/Galaxy is. With that logic just imagine the costs maintaining those borders too :P. Pesky Pirates.

ACCEPTED

Telros wrote:Nation Name: The Tezekian Directorate
Amount of Systems: 20 Systems controlled directly, 60 in sphere of influence or through protectorate states.
Colonized Worlds: 12 worlds colonized, terraformed to be tropical havens for the native species.
Primary Species: Tezekian, a race of eagle-like avians, with a plumage of feathers in a crown-like fashion on their head, often displaying the color that is their namesake. (Beak of Blue would have blue feathers and so forth).
Tech Level: Middle to Far Future Tech. Their technology has advanced to include powerful coil kinetic cannons, spinal massive coilguns, powerful space torpedoes with various variants, shields and antimatter power systems. There is more about them here.

I'm happy to clarify more on them by TG or on here, since my factbook is still ongoing. A lot of the factbook won't be relevant since its for the galaxy of 'this' universe, not this Stellaris one.

Perfect. Relatively decent size Empire. (Don't bother looking up my factbook. It's undergoing major overhaul at the moment.) But as goes for information, in varies to a degree. If you wish to input some excerpts like history to make the post spicy then go for it. Just go with the flow :P.

ACCEPTED

Creataris
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Creataris » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:37 pm

Nation Name: United Elemano

Population: 283 billion

Government Type: Parliamentary Republic

Amount of Systems: 147

Colonized Worlds: 34

Home World: Elemano

Home Sector: Ghost Nebula

Tech Level: Fututre Tech, very much on a similar tech level to Star Trek Enterprise though more advanced in places. Their holographic technology is highly advanced and is on a level similar to the USS Prometheus with emitters in every compartment allowing holograms access to any section they need. It does go beyond that though with each ships computer being programmed to deploy a holographic nurse to every minor injury or accident whilst major accidents or injuries require it to deploy a holographic doctor as well to stabilise the patient for a stretcher team to arrive. Genetic engineering is also more prominent after a 'fight fire with fire' approach during it's own eugenics war which has resulted in a far more diverse population, I've yet to commit that to digital paper but it's somewhere in the mess on my shelves.

RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=263176&start=800 this page onwards.
Last edited by Creataris on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge is power guard it well.
How would you destroy a man? Give him power.
National Anthem

Olimpiada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olimpiada » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:34 am

Hedron wrote:
Olimpiada wrote:Nation Name: Federated Worlds of Olimpiada

As far as everything goes. Great. Love it. Lots of descriptions for me to play around with and formulate the direction of this story. Though keep in mind, and that goes with the rest of the players as well, number of worlds you inhabit and the populations does not affect the story at large. It just gives me and other players a basic idea of how expansive your Empire/Galaxy is. With that logic just imagine the costs maintaining those borders too :P. Pesky Pirates.

ACCEPTED

Don't worry about the numbers, the whole thing is mitigated by an awkward political system and some serious issues with corporations that have expanded to the point of becoming semiautonomous entities within the state. The whole "Too big to fail" thing also means it's too big to work efficiently. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to TG me, I've (probably) got answers.
Hyper-commodified cocaine capitalism. Urbanized solar systems. Omnixenophobia. War economy without end. Radical body augmentation for fun and profit.

I make exactly two exceptions from a fairly strict adherence to realism, and hate them both.

The Anchorage, for discussion of all things FT

The Interstellar Human Compact

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Creataris wrote:Nation Name: United Elemano

Population: 283 billion

Government Type: Parliamentary Republic

Amount of Systems: 147

Colonized Worlds: 34

Home World: Elemano

Home Sector: Ghost Nebula

Tech Level: Fututre Tech, very much on a similar tech level to Star Trek Enterprise though more advanced in places. Their holographic technology is highly advanced and is on a level similar to the USS Prometheus with emitters in every compartment allowing holograms access to any section they need. It does go beyond that though with each ships computer being programmed to deploy a holographic nurse to every minor injury or accident whilst major accidents or injuries require it to deploy a holographic doctor as well to stabilise the patient for a stretcher team to arrive. Genetic engineering is also more prominent after a 'fight fire with fire' approach during it's own eugenics war which has resulted in a far more diverse population, I've yet to commit that to digital paper but it's somewhere in the mess on my shelves.

RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=263176&start=800 this page onwards.

Things are going smoothly. I had to find a more recent RP sample of yours and work on the IC thread. My excuse for taking a while to reply. Regardless, I think we're past the minimum requirement of players now so I'll get that IC thread going up, but I'll be sending out those TG's first. Kind of a rough final overview.

ACCEPTED

Telros
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:18 pm

Hedron wrote:
Telros wrote:Nation Name: The Tezekian Directorate

Perfect. Relatively decent size Empire. (Don't bother looking up my factbook. It's undergoing major overhaul at the moment.) But as goes for information, in varies to a degree. If you wish to input some excerpts like history to make the post spicy then go for it. Just go with the flow :P.

ACCEPTED

I can definitely go over the history of the Directorate in the first few posts as things are going on, since I have to set the context for things anyhow. I imagine we'll also be going over some stuff via TG as well. I have some ideas for how I fit that I may be able to use.

Eclius
Senator

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eclius » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Nation Name: Eclisian Empire/Eclius
Population: 2.5 trillion
Government Type: Mechanocracy (A.I. governance)
Amount of Systems: 700(10 of which are habitable, rest really are just named as Eclisian territory)
Colonized Worlds: various
Primary Species: Trans-sentient beings (which is classified as any sentient beings, sapient or extraterrestrial, that lives within a robotic avatar. It's basically transhumans, but applies to sentient aliens as well), droids (self-conscious)
Home World: Imperius Prime (an semi-artificial planet, that is carved and integrated with technologies that suits the need of trans-sentient beings and droids)
Home Sector:Messier 101 (Pinwheel galaxy, Eclius is outside the milky way) (I can manage it to be a milky way-based Empire if that is a requirement for this RP)
Tech Level: FT
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=406002
We do NOT use NS stats since it's not the most accurate reflection
Eclisian Herald News Network
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Nation Name: Sub Sector Protractis
Population: 7 Trillion (Dense Hive Cities and fortress worlds are supported by sparsely populated Agri Worlds and Forge Worlds) Most Citizens spend their lives in a variety of Administrative, Manufacturing, or Military Capacities)
Government Type: De Jure: Absolute Monarchy De Facto: Theocratic Stratocracy
Amount of Systems: 1,154 (A significant of these are personal realms of Imperial Nobility and as such are non tax or draft authorized as they are the personal holdings of the various families. With Several hundred being contested currently)
Colonized Worlds: Around 800 Worlds are completely colonized and considered "Safe"
Home World: Axios
Home Sector: Constans Sector
Tech Level: FT, Primarily WH40K with some STC tech
RP Sample:

Grand Priors Office, The Bastion,
Axios

Grand Prior Tsagos took a deep breath at this latest report from a nation that if not considered an Ally by all members of the Imperial Government, was at least considered a friendly and reliable power.

Though both nations were expansive military Superpowers on the galactic stage, The Sub-Sector and the Royal Hedron Empire managed to support a relationship of mutual defense when need was dire and positive economic/ political relations. The Nations disagreed on several major points of policy and belief but united around a shared belief in Humanity and the preservation thereof.

During the Caldaris Prime incident Hedron ensured that major trade and supply lanes into Protractian Space were kept safe from pirates while the Protractian Armada fought a desperate battle for survival. Ensuring that the warriors of the Sub Sector were free to Protract their people.

During the Fall of House Castamere, it was Hedron that provided aid to Protractian Refugees and ensured no traitorous elements found refuge in the vast realm of Hedron.

During the War with the Oog, Hedron was there, it's soldiers and naval personnel fighting and dying with those of the Sub Sector; and now for Hedron, the Sub Sector would be there.

The Grand Prior looked up at the aide who delivered the report to his Office saying, "The Lord Regent has been made aware as well?"

"Yes Lord." replied the aide

"...and he knows about the situation in the Imperial Esplandante, and understands that if we divert the Crovus battle group...We will have no task force to support the Queen Overtly and we will leave Crovus short Staffed for at a minimum 36 months. With of course the Caldaris Sector due for its' annual spike in activity and the hard fighting faced by Duke Spindle in his pacification." responded Tsagos

"Yes Lord." Replied the aide.

"That was more of a statement than a question Squire Hanes." clipped Tsagos.

" Apologies Lord" Hanes managed to pipe out.

"None needed, it is not your fault, dispatch a diplomatic emissary with an element of the 15th Wardens Free-Company." Tsagos finished putting down the report and closing his eyes.

"My Lord, I cannot do that, the Grand Prior Personally requested that the situation is handled by you and your office." Hanes said with almost a pained look on his face.

Tsagos opened his eyes and stood up abruptly, "So in the middle of what is to be a Holiday and time for fellowship in House Tsagos I am to cross the galaxy to offer military support to an ally? I thought that was implied when we agreed to mutually defend each other after Caldaris and the Oog. I know there is a theory that some kind of significant force is on the horizon but where did it go, a naval force of the size would strike out not retreat at a minor sign of detection. There are millions of anomalies that can trigger a false reading, and has Hedron dispatched any fleets to investigate this vanguard?"

"My Lord, the Lord Regent has determined this necessary per consultation of the Arkadis Principality." Replied Hanes.

Tsagos Stopped dead in his train of thought and said "If the Oracle has determined a threat then my house and I will respond with all Haste. Let Lord General Olivio know and pass a message on to Ausjorn to prepair his men and 20,000 Scions. After that let Chief Warden Koss know I will need the entire 15th, 8th, and 5th Warden Free Companies....Well boy, why stand there get moving and let the proper authorities know, the Protractian military is going to war in aide of Hedron."
A 6.1 civilization, according to this index.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Sub Sector Protractis wrote:Nation Name: Sub Sector Protractis
Population: 7 Trillion (Dense Hive Cities and fortress worlds are supported by sparsely populated Agri Worlds and Forge Worlds) Most Citizens spend their lives in a variety of Administrative, Manufacturing, or Military Capacities)
Government Type: De Jure: Absolute Monarchy De Facto: Theocratic Stratocracy
Amount of Systems: 1,154 (A significant of these are personal realms of Imperial Nobility and as such are non tax or draft authorized as they are the personal holdings of the various families. With Several hundred being contested currently)
Colonized Worlds: Around 800 Worlds are completely colonized and considered "Safe"
Home World: Axios
Home Sector: Constans Sector
Tech Level: FT, Primarily WH40K with some STC tech
RP Sample:
Grand Priors Office, The Bastion,
Axios

Grand Prior Tsagos took a deep breath at this latest report from a nation that if not considered an Ally by all members of the Imperial Government, was at least considered a friendly and reliable power.

Though both nations were expansive military Superpowers on the galactic stage, The Sub-Sector and the Royal Hedron Empire managed to support a relationship of mutual defense when need was dire and positive economic/ political relations. The Nations disagreed on several major points of policy and belief but united around a shared belief in Humanity and the preservation thereof.

During the Caldaris Prime incident Hedron ensured that major trade and supply lanes into Protractian Space were kept safe from pirates while the Protractian Armada fought a desperate battle for survival. Ensuring that the warriors of the Sub Sector were free to Protract their people.

During the Fall of House Castamere, it was Hedron that provided aid to Protractian Refugees and ensured no traitorous elements found refuge in the vast realm of Hedron.

During the War with the Oog, Hedron was there, it's soldiers and naval personnel fighting and dying with those of the Sub Sector; and now for Hedron, the Sub Sector would be there.

The Grand Prior looked up at the aide who delivered the report to his Office saying, "The Lord Regent has been made aware as well?"

"Yes Lord." replied the aide

"...and he knows about the situation in the Imperial Esplandante, and understands that if we divert the Crovus battle group...We will have no task force to support the Queen Overtly and we will leave Crovus short Staffed for at a minimum 36 months. With of course the Caldaris Sector due for its' annual spike in activity and the hard fighting faced by Duke Spindle in his pacification." responded Tsagos

"Yes Lord." Replied the aide.

"That was more of a statement than a question Squire Hanes." clipped Tsagos.

" Apologies Lord" Hanes managed to pipe out.

"None needed, it is not your fault, dispatch a diplomatic emissary with an element of the 15th Wardens Free-Company." Tsagos finished putting down the report and closing his eyes.

"My Lord, I cannot do that, the Grand Prior Personally requested that the situation is handled by you and your office." Hanes said with almost a pained look on his face.

Tsagos opened his eyes and stood up abruptly, "So in the middle of what is to be a Holiday and time for fellowship in House Tsagos I am to cross the galaxy to offer military support to an ally? I thought that was implied when we agreed to mutually defend each other after Caldaris and the Oog. I know there is a theory that some kind of significant force is on the horizon but where did it go, a naval force of the size would strike out not retreat at a minor sign of detection. There are millions of anomalies that can trigger a false reading, and has Hedron dispatched any fleets to investigate this vanguard?"

"My Lord, the Lord Regent has determined this necessary per consultation of the Arkadis Principality." Replied Hanes.

Tsagos Stopped dead in his train of thought and said "If the Oracle has determined a threat then my house and I will respond with all Haste. Let Lord General Olivio know and pass a message on to Ausjorn to prepair his men and 20,000 Scions. After that let Chief Warden Koss know I will need the entire 15th, 8th, and 5th Warden Free Companies....Well boy, why stand there get moving and let the proper authorities know, the Protractian military is going to war in aide of Hedron."

Sent a TG and considering the fact that we've played before and I see how you do things. Its all gucci.

ACCEPTED
Last edited by Hedron on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 pm

hmmm, looks interesting to say the least.

Nation Name: Uesugi
Population: 605 billion
Government Type: A confederation where there is a Damiyo who rules the nation with an iron fist, but there is also a Legislative Congress made up of 20 members for each system that is under the Confederation's control and is colonized 1,261 total, with one added for the capital and to prevent a tie, with the other systems getting no representation due to a lack of the three major ethnic groups that govern the nation (Bakedaisti excluded because they are the slaves).
Amount of Systems: 489 total systems
Colonized Worlds: around 115
Primary Species: It is made up of a multitude of species, but I'll give the biggest amount, as no species has an absolute majority: Human (21%) Isone (20%),Testa Stultorum (19%),Hattori (10%),Bakedaisti (30%)
Home World: Echigo is the capital for the Damiyo, but on Vicarius is where the entire Legislative Congress is located at.
Home Sector: The Addrilas Sector
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=395697&
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Eclius
Senator

Founded: Oct 24, 2015

Postby Eclius » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Most recent RP post (somehow I was told that Operation Judgement Day isn't recent enough...): viewtopic.php?p=31453185#p31453185
We do NOT use NS stats since it's not the most accurate reflection
Eclisian Herald News Network
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

This idiot again.

Postby Hedron » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:38 am

Alright boyos. Apologies for the excruciating wait. No excuse, but allow me to provide an excuse. Had things to do. (Like DnD today :P) But fret not. I stayed up and not only produce the IC thread, but made it slick and have a good opener. Almost like a TV-Show if I say so myself.

But this is the time you should produce your own opener as well. Make it exciting! (or boring up to you. Woohoo.) And refer to my very first post here on this thread - above you should see the OOC and IC links up there as well. Nicely placed for you. My players. Refer to those and direct all OOC related shenanigans to the OOC thread. This will be my last OOC-like post here aside from the ACCEPTS and DENIED posts.

And as always. Have fun!

EDIT: Before I forget. Try and limit one post per person so we could have each player provide a post of their own so no one gets left behind and confused. I think its just my OCD, but I like to have everyone contribute at the same conjoined time. But that's just me. You can post more in "reply" to other players, but you could do that AND do your thing on one post. All... at... the... same... time... Technology always amazing me.
Last edited by Hedron on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:54 am

Eclius wrote:Nation Name: Eclisian Empire/Eclius
Population: 2.5 trillion
Government Type: Mechanocracy (A.I. governance)
Amount of Systems: 700(10 of which are habitable, rest really are just named as Eclisian territory)
Colonized Worlds: various
Primary Species: Trans-sentient beings (which is classified as any sentient beings, sapient or extraterrestrial, that lives within a robotic avatar. It's basically transhumans, but applies to sentient aliens as well), droids (self-conscious)
Home World: Imperius Prime (an semi-artificial planet, that is carved and integrated with technologies that suits the need of trans-sentient beings and droids)
Home Sector:Messier 101 (Pinwheel galaxy, Eclius is outside the milky way) (I can manage it to be a milky way-based Empire if that is a requirement for this RP)
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=406002

ACCEPTED

I will provide my reasons in the TG that will be sent to you. I do hope you will understand. Everything checks off, but the TG should explain why.

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:hmmm, looks interesting to say the least.

Nation Name: Uesugi
Population: 605 billion
Government Type: A confederation where there is a Damiyo who rules the nation with an iron fist, but there is also a Legislative Congress made up of 20 members for each system that is under the Confederation's control and is colonized 1,261 total, with one added for the capital and to prevent a tie, with the other systems getting no representation due to a lack of the three major ethnic groups that govern the nation (Bakedaisti excluded because they are the slaves).
Amount of Systems: 489 total systems
Colonized Worlds: around 115
Primary Species: It is made up of a multitude of species, but I'll give the biggest amount, as no species has an absolute majority: Human (21%) Isone (20%),Testa Stultorum (19%),Hattori (10%),Bakedaisti (30%)
Home World: Echigo is the capital for the Damiyo, but on Vicarius is where the entire Legislative Congress is located at.
Home Sector: The Addrilas Sector
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=395697&

ACCEPTED

Everything checks off for you too, but the reason will be provided in the TG. If we can work something out, great. But as the other applicant, yours is within' the same range.
Last edited by Hedron on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Alexzonya
Envoy

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Alexzonya » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Are you all still taking apps for this? If so:

Nation Name: Galatic Republic of Alexzonya
Population: 28 Billion
Government Type: Republic
Amount of Systems: 15
Colonized Worlds: 4+1 (The GRA itself has colonized 4 planets: Meridian Prime, Haven Prime, Magellan Prime, and Cabot Prime. These planets are majority-human and majority Alexzonyian. Jubilee Prime has also been colonized, but primarily by non-Alexzonyian refugees and immigrants. It has no clear species or ethnic majority.)
Primary Species: Human, with notable non-human minority populations present
Home World: Meridian Prime
Home Sector: The Elonian Verge (Gamma Quadrant, Milky Way)
Tech Level: Future Tech. Many elements of far-future tech (point-to-point instantaneous-jump FTL drives in low-rate production, widespread use of FTL interdiction technology, heavy use of industrial nanotechnology and fabrication, advanced weapons technology especially on capital ships, point-to-point instantaneous Ansible communications, very-long-range FTL sensors) are present. The GRA is on the right side of the bellcurve in technology, especially for a nation of its age.
RP Sample: I'm frankly a bit out of practice. I was involved in a few RPs last year, but grad school application time came and murdered them all. I don't anticipate that being a problem this time, since I don't have to apply a second time. Examples from the last RP are viewtopic.php?p=28233840#p28233840, viewtopic.php?p=28273534#p28273534, and viewtopic.php?p=28298608#p28298608.

Beutarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016

Postby Beutarch » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Tag. I was sold by the part where you said sarcasm was manditory.
Do you think you know me?

Hedron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hedron » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Alexzonya wrote:Are you all still taking apps for this? If so:

Nation Name: Galatic Republic of Alexzonya
Population: 28 Billion
Government Type: Republic
Amount of Systems: 15
Colonized Worlds: 4+1 (The GRA itself has colonized 4 planets: Meridian Prime, Haven Prime, Magellan Prime, and Cabot Prime. These planets are majority-human and majority Alexzonyian. Jubilee Prime has also been colonized, but primarily by non-Alexzonyian refugees and immigrants. It has no clear species or ethnic majority.)
Primary Species: Human, with notable non-human minority populations present
Home World: Meridian Prime
Home Sector: The Elonian Verge (Gamma Quadrant, Milky Way)
Tech Level: Future Tech. Many elements of far-future tech (point-to-point instantaneous-jump FTL drives in low-rate production, widespread use of FTL interdiction technology, heavy use of industrial nanotechnology and fabrication, advanced weapons technology especially on capital ships, point-to-point instantaneous Ansible communications, very-long-range FTL sensors) are present. The GRA is on the right side of the bellcurve in technology, especially for a nation of its age.
RP Sample: I'm frankly a bit out of practice. I was involved in a few RPs last year, but grad school application time came and murdered them all. I don't anticipate that being a problem this time, since I don't have to apply a second time. Examples from the last RP are viewtopic.php?p=28233840#p28233840, viewtopic.php?p=28273534#p28273534, and viewtopic.php?p=28298608#p28298608.

Yes sir.

We're running through major turbulence right now in respects to real-life stuff as we're heading closer to the end of the semester. Though, as long that isn't a problem then that's cool. Stand by for Telegram heading your way to get this thing sorted out :3. I advise checking out the OOC thread as well as there are brief snippets there that can aid in creating your intro.

ACCEPTED

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents