NATION

PASSWORD

Strengthening Relations [IC/Vamenlac only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Dreamliners
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Strengthening Relations [IC/Vamenlac only]

Postby The Dreamliners » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:05 am

Date:3/30/17
Time: 07:00 PM UTC
Conditions: Clear, unlimited visibility, 74 Farenheit (23.3 Celsius)

The presidential residence is full of bustle and hustle. President Jozef is up and about, preparing for heading to the airport.

In the kitchen of the residence, President Jozef is having a glass of ginger ale when his assistant Eric comes in. "Mr. President. You are scheduled for departure at Paradise Gate in an hour and a half. The presidential jet is all set and loaded. Oh, and you have a meeting with the Pope in June."

The president sets his cup down. "Bring the car around to the front. My bags are packed upstairs and are ready to go." He tells Eric, in his usual heavy polish accent, as he goes upstairs to change into his presidential suit.

15 minutes later, the bags are in the trunk and the president steps into the limousine, along with Eric, and both his Chief of Staff, Charles, and his Chief of Security, Andrew. "Off to the airport" And with that, the presidential convoy is off towards the airport.

Date:3/30/17
Time: 09:00 PM UTC
Location: Paradise Gate International Airport, Lexian, The Dreanliners
Conditions: Clear, unlimited visibility, 74 Farenheit (23.3 Celsius)

At the airport, the presidential jet is waiting for them on the cargo ramp. It is an Ilyushin IL-62 painted in Northern Airways colors. It is the standby presidential plane. The usual one is a Boeing 747-400, but it is in for maintenance and couldn't be prepared for the mission, so the IL-62 was prepared for the diplomatic mission. It is a standard IL-62 airliner with a VIP interior, uprated engines, and increased fuel capacity. It is the third plane in the presidential fleet of four, alongside the 747, MD-80, and 737.

The presidential convoy arrives at the plane, and the president steps out of the limousine, along with Eric, Charles and Andrew. The captain, flight crew, and the security detail are waiting for him and they salute, and he salutes them as well. His bags are loaded in the cargo hold of the plane as the president comes to the captain of the flight. "Good day captain, is all in readiness?"

"Yes Mr. President. All is ready, if everything goes to schedule, we should be in the air within the hour." He tells the president, while showing him the Ipad with the flight manifest.

"Excellent. Well then, let's get underway." President Jozef chuckles a bit as everyone boards the plane and take their seats.

At 09:30 PM UTC, the aircraft door is shut and the four turbofan engines are started on the massive narrowbody IL-62 and they taxi to the runway, under the callsign of "Dreamliner One".

At 09:45 PM UTC, the plane begins its takeoff roll. Inside, the president is looking at the ground pass by the plane. Around 3/4 of the runway, the plane, heavily laden with fuel, staggers into the air. The President sees the Lexian skyline in the distance to the right as the plane climbs higher and turns left on the departure vector.

Inside the plane, the president is speaking with Eric. "I hope this diplomatic mission goes well. I look forward to meeting Emperor Marco Calin in person. Transport arrangements set?" The president asks, holding a can of ginger ale.

Eric looks through the tablet. "Yes sir. You are booked at the Vamenlac International hotel, presidential suite. The Vamenlac Government is awaiting our arrival."

"Good. Might as well relax on the flight there." The president tells everyone as he sips his ginger ale. The plane has left Lexian behind and is approaching cruising altitude on it's way to Vamenlac.
Last edited by The Dreamliners on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Vamenlac
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vamenlac » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:04 am

Date:3/31/17
Time: 7:00 AM UTC
Conditions: Warm, 71 Fahrenheit

The Emperor was stirred from his sleep by his personal butler Curtis."It is time to get up Sir" Curtis said as he pushed in breakfast on a rolling table.He got up out of bed and ate his breakfast and when Curtis left preceded to get changed into his 8,000 USD suit. He was nervous, This man was hopefully going to be Vamenlac's biggest ally.

Time: 11:00 AM UTC
Conditions: Warm, 71 Fahrenheit

He walked to the convoy of black suvs. They slowly twisted and turned the old cobble stone streets to the airport. The Emperor was sipping some bourbon when his Chief Of Staff Leo brought him back from his thoughts. "So whats the plan Emperor?" Asked Leo. " God, I don't know Leo" said The Emperor. "Well, Hopefully we a treaty out of this" Said Leo. "Are you kidding Leo there already putting 200,000 of there troops in Vamenlac" Exclaimed The Emperor. "For free if I must add' He said again. "What about some monetary aid?" inquired Leo. "Well we could probably get that for some exchange for there airlines directly to Vamenlac" Said Marco The Emperor. "They do love there airlines in the Dreamliners" Said Leo. Just at that moment there convoy pulled up at the terminal.
Last edited by Vamenlac on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Dreamliners
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Dreamliners » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Time: 12:30 PM UTC
Location: The Dreamliners Presidential plane, on approach to the airport
Conditions: Warm, 70 Fahrenheit

The Ilyushin IL-62 airliner had begun its approach to the airport.

"20 minutes to touchdown, Mr. President." The captain called over the PA system.

The president and others looked out the aircraft windows, and saw the land of Vamenlac below the plane. A few wind turbines dotted the countryside, followed by a few highways, and then the outskirts of the Vamenlac capital. The president is somewhat unsettled, catching the eye of his assistant. "Something wrong, Mr. President?"

He turns towards his assistant. "No Eric, nothing is wrong. Descent is a bit uneasy for me. That's why I always drink ginger ale on the flights."

"Ah. Then I'll be sure the plane is stocked with the drink for the return leg." he goes about typing it on the iPad, while the president looks out the window as the plane descends further.

The airport perimeter passes below the plane and it shudders slightly as the landing gear touches down and the plane decelerates. It begins taxiing to the terminal, and the Vamenlac Government convoy is there to meet the plane.

The engines are powered down, and air-stairs are pushed to the plane. The aircraft door opens, and the president steps out and steps down onto the tarmac, followed by his assistant and the security team. The President tells them, "I should be fine. Eric, take the men to the hotel, then go see the sights. You have my consent."

"Yes sir." Eric takes the men to a group of SUVs set aside for them, and they prepare to follow the convoy.
Last edited by The Dreamliners on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vamenlac
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vamenlac » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:01 pm

OCC: What does your president look like (Image), Emperor Marco Calin.
Time: 12:32 PM UTC
Location: Rudolph Hazelfield International Airport, President Jozef Terminal

As the President walked down the stairs, the emperor quickly stood up. He walked over to meet him as he stood up everyone else did to. He speed walked up about 2 feet away from the stairs to greet the president.The Emperor than proceed to offer his hand to President. "Welcome to President Jozef Terminal and the Free Land of Vamenlac".
Last edited by Vamenlac on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dreamliners
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Dreamliners » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:39 pm

OCC: a picture of President Jozef.
Time: 12:33 PM UTC
Location: Rudolph Hazelfield International Airport, President Jozef Terminal

President Jozef shook the hand of the emperor. "I thank you for the invitation, and I bring a gift." He has his assistant bring the emperor a bottle of wine. "A bottle of our finest wine. I rarely drink alcoholic beverages, so I thought to give it to you."

The emperor takes the bottle. "Thank you. How was your flight in?"

"Uneventful, if not relaxing. I must say, you run a fine nation." President Jozef tells him, while looking around, the capital skyline could be seen in the distance.

They pause for photos for the press in front of the IL-62 airliner, before proceeding to the Emperor's car.
Last edited by The Dreamliners on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vamenlac
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vamenlac » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Time: 12:37 PM UTC

"I can not wait for coffee back at the residence" said the emperor. He was anxious at the closed door coffee meeting with the president he was going to propose 2 things. First selling Vamenlac's largest airline Air Vamenlac to the Northern Air, also a proposal to receive 3 billion USD in monetary air from the Dreamliners to develop a better military.He came back to the moment. He sipped another drink of water."You okay?" asked the president."Yes fine, I mean great sorry nervous you?" said the emperor.

The Dreamliners
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Dreamliners » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Time: 12:40 PM UTC

They had arrived at the Hazelfield residence. President Jozef's security detail, assistant, and the crew of the plane had proceeded to their hotel, a short drive from the residence. The emperor was the first to step out, followed by the president. President Jozef was surprised by the residence. "You have a lovely place. I am impressed."

"Thank you." The emperor replied, as they both stepped inside the residence, and into the parlor. A fresh pot of coffee was set out, and the emperor had poured himself a cup. "Coffee, Mr. President?" "Yes please." "How do you take it?" the emperor asked. "Milk, two sugars, please." the president replied, admiring the vast collection of literature that lined the bookshelves of the parlor. The emperor passed him the cup of hot coffee, and they both sat down. The parlor doors were closed by the house guard, and discussions could now get underway between the two politicians. The president begins, "So what is the first topic of debate?"

The majority of the press had arrived minutes later outside the residence, and news of the President of The Dreamliners visiting their nation spread throughout Vamenlac like wildfire, through national TV news and the radio. Hundreds of Vamenlac citizens had come to the gates of the residence, to see the two politicians at work.
Last edited by The Dreamliners on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vamenlac
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vamenlac » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:08 am

Time: 12:47 PM UTC
After about ten minutes of small talk the president and the emperor got down to business."First order of business Air Vamenlac" said the emperor in a hushed tone. He glanced over at the thick dark wooden doors to make sure they were completely closed. "What about Air Vamenlac?" asked the president. "I have been asked to broker its sale to Northern Airlines" said the emperor. "It currently has 6,000,000 shares, trading at 42.00 USD a share" said the emperor. He started to speak again "We currently are looking to sell the shares to Northern Airlines at 55 USD a share, a 30% increase putting the value at 330,000,000 USD" Said the emperor. He had done it, He successfully pitched the sale of the largest airline in Vamenlac.
Last edited by Vamenlac on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Dreamliners
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Dreamliners » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:59 pm

Time: 12:48 PM UTC

"So essentially Northern Airways buying out Air Vamenlac?" The president asked, summarizing the proposal. He took another sip of his coffee, as he was running through the proposal in his head.

"Essentially yes." The emperor replied, as he got himself another cup of coffee.

"Well. I'm sure Northern Airways will be happy to take on Air Vamenlac as a subsidiary, for the 330,000,000 USD as agreed." the president said, offering his hand to the emperor, to finalize the deal, and get the necessary paperwork underway for the sale of the airline.

"Excellent." They both shook on the deal, and at that moment, Air Vamenlac came under the control of The Dreamliners, and Northern Airways. The press would know about the sale at the end of the closed door meeting.

"I will have the president of Northern Airways meet with the heads of Air Vamenlac. I must ask, however, why sell Vamenlac's largest carrier?" The president asked, wondering why the emperor would want to sell the airline, especially the nation's largest and its flag carrier.

Vamenlac
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vamenlac » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Time: 12:49 PM UTC

"Well the airline fleet has fallen into a state of extreme disrepair and has gotten a bad reputation for well frankly bad service and terrible flights" plainly stated the emperor. He took a large sip of his coffee.

"Ah, I think I see what your getting at" said the president.

"Could I ask one more favor of you regarding this?" asked the emperor.

"What is it?" responded the president.

"Would you mind announcing the sale in 2 days, I have some loose ends that need to be tied up first" responded the emperor.

The Dreamliners
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Dreamliners » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Time: 12:50 PM UTC

"Of course. I'll announce the sale in two days. What does the aircraft fleet look like, roster wise? I saw a few A340-300 airliners at the airport." the president explains. "What aircraft does the airline run?"

"Majority of 737-200 aircraft for domestic routes. International routes are run by a mix of Boeing 747, Airbus A300, Airbus A340 and Boeing 707 airliners, Even Tupolev TU-154 airliners are still in service. The A340 aircraft was the most recent acquisition of the airline, but that was back in 1995." The emperor answered, before continuing, "Ever since 2000, the airline has garnered a bad reputation from accidents and incidents, and bad management. Most recent accident was an engine explosion on one of the 747s in 2002."

The emperor pulls out a picture of the engine damage when the plane landed. President Jozef is surprised, "Holy shit!!! All that was caused by the engine?" "Yes. No fatalities, thank god, and the 747 was repaired and returned to service. The airline has been plagued with problems ever since, and they can't update or get new aircraft because year after year, they barely make enough profits to break even. My aviation administration has threatened Air Vamenlac with closure for years now, which would have crippled both the aviation and tourism sector, unless it was sold."

"Ah. So that explains it, in detail as well. With Northern Airways as parent company to Air Vamenlac, we should be able to turn Air Vamenlac around, and it shouldn't cripple your aviation and tourism sectors. The airline overhauling their aircraft is a necessity." The president reassures him.

They each get another cup of coffee, before getting into the details of the airline, including its very rocky past. The president gets up to get some sugar, and sees all the press and citizens outside the gate, news trucks and reporters galore. "Quite a crowd out there." he exclaims, looking at the crowd outside.
Last edited by The Dreamliners on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vamenlac
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vamenlac » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Time: 12:51 PM UTC

"Yeah, what can I say people love you in Vamenlac now that you have agreed to put in military bases" said the emperor.The president chuckled. There was a loud knock on the door. "Come in" said the emperor. It was Curtis the emperors butler. "What would you fine gentlemen be having for lunch?" inquired the butler. "2 wagyu beef Steaks and a side of roasted vegetables" the emperor said almost immediately."And for you" Curtis said looking at the president. "Same for him" said the president ever calmly. The butler didn't blink a eye and headed for the door.

They headed back for there plush leather seats after they had finished pouring the coffee. "So should we go over the itinerary for tomorrow'" asked the emperor. "wouldn't hurt" said the president."At 11:30 we will meet at the residence and have a private breakfast and start negotiations on another treaty, at 1:00 that will be over and we will reconvene at 3:00 and attend the corner-stone ceremony at your newly constructed military bases.Sound good?" stated the emperor.

The Dreamliners
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Dreamliners » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:14 pm

Time: 12:52 PM UTC

"It all sounds good. I look forward to tomorrows itinerary." After discussing more of the Airline, Curtis brought lunch in, and they both dined in the parlor. Afterwards, they left the residence to go on a tour of the city.

As soon as they both stepped out the door, they were swarmed by press and civilians, all interested in meeting the president. The president turned to the emperor. "You weren't kidding. Photographers tried taking pictures of the president, as they made their way to the car.

"You are a celebrity here." The emperor tells him, as they both get into the emperor's car, for the tour. Afterwards, they went to one of the local sporting arenas.

Time: 6:30 PM UTC
Conditions: Warm, 68 Fahrenheit

After a tour and an evening in the city, they went to the hotel, where the President stepped out, checked in, and up to his room, the presidential suite. Eric entered the room. "Mr, President. You are quite popular here. They've been running stories about you on the news, even a few political analyst debates for the past two and a half hours."

"I know about my popularity here. What is on the menu for this evening?" The president asks, as he takes off his sport coat, and puts on a Lexian Flyers Baseball sweater. Eric pulls out the menu, and the president orders dinner. After a lovely meal, he played a few games of cards with his security team. He takes a shower and heads to bed shortly after.
Last edited by The Dreamliners on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vamenlac
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Vamenlac » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Time: 6:45 PM UTC
Conditions: Warm, 68 Fahrenheit

The day was over, He was exhausted. He changed into some grey sweatpants and a Vamenlac Gladiator's Hockey Team shirt. He slipped into his bed.He started to close his eyes, than he reminder. He quickly picked up the phone on his night stand.

"Whom should I get for you emperor?" asked the operator. "Bella Yegorova at Vamenlac Brokerage" responded the emperor.

After a short minute it was connected."Hello" asked Bella in a nice tone. "Hey Bella, I need Runix to purchase 10,000 shares of Vamenlac Air now" he uttered. "Are you sure sir?" she asked with a slight tone of nervousness in her voice. "Yeah 100%" he said.
Last edited by Vamenlac on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Dreamliners
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Dreamliners » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Date: 4/1/17
Time: 8:00 AM UTC
Location: The Vamenlac International Hotel, Presidential suite

After a restful sleep, President Jozef is going about his normal routine. After his shower and shave, Eric comes in, with the itinerary for the day. "Mr. President. I have the itinerary. You are expected at the Hazelfield residence at 11:00 AM. And the Presidential 747 is ready for the flight back. Anything for breakfast sir?"

"Some sourdough toast, sauteed polish mushrooms, and a cup of coffee, milk, two sugars." The president tells him, and Eric orders the food. The president is dressed in his best suit when the food is brought up. He eats, and soon is ready to head to the residence.

Date: 4/1/17
Time: 10:55 AM UTC
Conditions: Warm, 74 Fahrenheit

The president pulls up to the residence in his rented SUV, and Curtis, the butler is waiting for him. "The Emperor is expecting you sir." "Thank you." Emperor Calin comes out, and greets the president. "You're early." The emperor exclaims. "Best to start promptly. shall we get underway?" the president replies.

They head inside the residence, and into the parlor to begin discussions. "So what is the first topic today?" the president asks.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents