NATION

PASSWORD

Napoleonic World PT RP [Recruitment & Planning]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Napoleonic World PT RP [Recruitment & Planning]

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi everyone. I'm not as new as my nation would have you believe, so I am quite familiar with rping. However I have decided to dedicate my time and rping abilities to the Napoleonic era of technology, politics, war, and economics. And because I believe that it is simpler to create a new rping community than it is to ask random NSers to join in me in any particular rp, I figured I would create this, the "Napoleonic World."

Claims Map - Shall be continually updated as people make claims and as fast as I can thoroughly update them. It is crude however and if anyone with better map making abilities cares to take over for it, they are welcome to.

Basic Rules
1) No godmodding. Think that is pretty clear and easy to understand.

2) Be nice to the other people. We should all act like mature adults (or young adults) and not let any arguments devolve into destroying fun rp.

3) If there are any disputes, a third party not directly involved will help to solve it.

4) The technology of the time extends up to what could be found as of the summer of 1815 in Europe. So no iron-clads, machine guns, tanks, air planes, etc.

5) As a person possessing a masters degree in military history I can help to guide those people that are in need of help, as well as determine if the population you set for yourself or any other details of your nation are obscenely over sized.

So, I hope you guys join and enjoy the Napoleonic World. Wars and treaties, political infighting and intrigue await!

List of Active Threads
Birth of a New Age
Frenca forms Alliance with IOL
Taking Care of Business
The Grand Conference
Naval Might
A Revolution of the Industrial Kind

Nations List & Factbooks
Kingdom of Hesse-Prussia
Republic of Frenca
Dual Monarchy of Southern Prussia
The Imperial Federation
Republic of Chrobalta
Grand Duchy of Suomi
Northern Alliance of Murgoth
The Sublime Porte
The Nordlandic Provinces
Republic of Berg
The Spanish Imperium
Republic of Albans
The Isle of Crete (Yanitza)
The Grand Monarchy of Silver Beach
United Kingdom of Denmarkia
The Afghan Khanate
The Free Land of the Black Plains
Kingdom of the Netherlands

NPC Details and Nation List

Duchy of Krakow - fiercely independent, this country has disappeared on and off the map of Europe for centuries. It has a strong hatred for Hesse-Prussia, Silver Beach, and the Dual Monarchy; all of whom have, at various times, annexed part of its territory or taxed it's people.

Republic of Switz - a republic founded on the ideal that brought about the Frenca Republic, this country is favorable towards Frenca, but is strongly in favor of neutrality in regards to conflicts between the major powers.

Kingdom of Sardia - Once part of both Frenca and the Spanish Imperium, this kingdom has a tradition of throwing out foreigners off it's island. They are strong traders and have close links with the Republic of Great Sicily and the Republic of Chrobalta.

Kingdom of Herzogovine - fought and gained independence from the Empire of Southern Prussia more than a hundred years before and has ever since done the best it can to stay from being under it's dominion again. Due to fear that to accept help from the Sublime Porte would simply invite another master, and mistrustful of its smaller neighbors, the Kingdom of Herzogovine often asks for support from the Republic of Chrobalta.

Kingdom of Serbania - a culturally diverse land, this kingdom has links to both theSublime Porte and the Dual Monarchy, but is however extremely nationalistic thanks to impetus from the Empire of Inabi, who the Serbanians have strong trade relations with.

Kingdom of Macedonia - what some would call a satellite state, this kingdom has been under contention between the Holy Empire of Inabi and the Sublime Porte for centuries. As a result its people are strongly divided culturally, religiously, and politically. Its king is little more than a puppet, and at this point in time, under nominal influence from the Holy Empire.

Barbary Pirates - ruling from various fortress strongholds along North Africa, the Pirate kings of Barbary rule. They infest the waters of the West Mediterranean and prey on shipping from nations that have not offered sufficient bribes to the pirate lords. Some nations have, in the past, hired pirates to attack certain other nation's shipping as a tool of war. The Barbary Pirates have always had the support of the Sublime Porte.
Last edited by Hesse-Prussia on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 30 times in total.

Frenca
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenca » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:34 pm

H-P, can I join? If I can, I'll have France, Belgium, Austria, Slovakia, and Switzerland.
The Great Kingdom of Frenca and the Protectorates of The Kingdom of Auatris, The Kingdom of France-Bourbon, and The Kingdom of France and Bourbon
Factbook 1: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40250 New Factbook!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69302
Old Embassies: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37051 Embassies: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44956
My villa. Resting in the archives.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.44

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Frenca wrote:H-P, can I join? If I can, I'll have France, Belgium, Austria, Slovakia, and Switzerland.

Hey Frenca. Yes you can join and no you cannot have those nations. That is, collectively, absurd and leaves little other room for more players to join. Also, you don't necessarily have to have the same old cookie-cutter nations. You can ask to claim "the upper half of france" or the "eastern half of spain" and that's cool. So if you can come up with a slightly more reasonable request, that would be awesome.

Frenca
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenca » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Hesse-Prussia wrote:
Frenca wrote:H-P, can I join? If I can, I'll have France, Belgium, Austria, Slovakia, and Switzerland.

Hey Frenca. Yes you can join and no you cannot have those nations. That is, collectively, absurd and leaves little other room for more players to join. Also, you don't necessarily have to have the same old cookie-cutter nations. You can ask to claim "the upper half of france" or the "eastern half of spain" and that's cool. So if you can come up with a slightly more reasonable request, that would be awesome.

Oh well, just let me have France and Belgium. I fnot Belgium, I'll only take France.
The Great Kingdom of Frenca and the Protectorates of The Kingdom of Auatris, The Kingdom of France-Bourbon, and The Kingdom of France and Bourbon
Factbook 1: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40250 New Factbook!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69302

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Frenca wrote:
Hesse-Prussia wrote:

Oh well, just let me have France and Belgium. I fnot Belgium, I'll only take France.

That is more like it. And you are in. I'll have you on the map in a few minutes. In the mean time please come up with a short factbook that I can link into the OP. What is your official nation's name by the by? want me to just put Frenca?
Last edited by Hesse-Prussia on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Beach
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Silver Beach » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:47 pm

can i join please and can i have either European part of russia OR great Britain OR austria? thanks
Head of State: President Gabriel Kantor
Champions of- International Cardinal's Cup 1, Arena Bowl II
RP Population: 22 million
Reigning unofficial Unofficial World Champions(uUWC).

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Silver Beach wrote:can i join please and can i have either European part of russia OR great Britain OR austria? thanks

Welcome! And you can have either of those choices...how does European Russia sound?

Silver Beach
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Silver Beach » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:49 pm

okay, that sounds good. Are we going to start this when Napoleon takes over france?

Frenca
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenca » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:50 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40250
That's the link to my factbook.

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Hesse-Prussia wrote:Hi everyone. I'm not as new as my nation would have you believe, so I am quite familiar with rping. However I have decided to dedicate my time and rping abilities to the Napoleonic era of technology, politics, war, and economics. And because I believe that it is simpler to create a new rping community than it is to ask random NSers to join in me in any particular rp, I figured I would create this, the "Napoleonic World."

Claims Map - Shall be continually updated as people make claims and as fast as I can thoroughly update them. It is crude however and if anyone with better map making abilities cares to take over for it, they are welcome to.

Basic Rules
1) No godmodding. Think that is pretty clear and easy to understand.

2) Be nice to the other people. We should all act like mature adults (or young adults) and not let any arguments devolve into destroying fun rp.

3) If there are any disputes, a third party not directly involved will help to solve it.

4) The technology of the time extends up to what could be found as of the summer of 1815 in Europe. So no iron-clads, machine guns, tanks, air planes, etc.

5) As a person possessing a masters degree in military history I can help to guide those people that are in need of help, as well as determine if the population you set for yourself or any other details of your nation are obscenely over sized.

So, I hope you guys join and enjoy the Napoleonic World. Wars and treaties, political infighting and intrigue await!

Nations List & Factbooks
Hesse-Prussia

May I have the Russian Empire?

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Frenca wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40250

I mean you need to make a factbook specifically for this rp. A new one that concentrates on Past Tech details. Like mine, in the OP.

Frenca
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenca » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Hesse-Prussia wrote:

I mean you need to make a factbook specifically for this rp. A new one that concentrates on Past Tech details. Like mine, in the OP.

[whines] BUT THAT'S GONNA TAKE FOREVER!

Silver Beach
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Silver Beach » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:53 pm

OK, should we post that factbook into here?

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Silver Beach wrote:okay, that sounds good. Are we going to start this when Napoleon takes over france?

Napoleonic is the name for the era which I chose this to take place in, but all of the people that existed in RL history do not exist in this rp. So there is no Napoleon, and there is most likely no France. Please make a factbook for this rp. You will need to come up with a name for your nation, etc, since this is not a historical rp in the sense that we are rping as the historical Prussia, France, Russia, etc.

East Fancainia wrote:May I have the Russian Empire?

Yes you may, except for the European part of it. That was just claimed.

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Silver Beach wrote:OK, should we post that factbook into here?

No, just make one in the factbook forum section and post a link of it to me here.

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Hesse-Prussia wrote:
Silver Beach wrote:okay, that sounds good. Are we going to start this when Napoleon takes over france?

Napoleonic is the name for the era which I chose this to take place in, but all of the people that existed in RL history do not exist in this rp. So there is no Napoleon, and there is most likely no France. Please make a factbook for this rp. You will need to come up with a name for your nation, etc, since this is not a historical rp in the sense that we are rping as the historical Prussia, France, Russia, etc.

East Fancainia wrote:May I have the Russian Empire?

Yes you may, except for the European part of it. That was just claimed.

Dang! May I have the Austrian-Hugry Empire?

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Frenca wrote:
Hesse-Prussia wrote:

[whines] BUT THAT'S GONNA TAKE FOREVER!

Preaching (whining) to the choir.

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:55 pm

East Fancainia wrote:Dang! May I have the Austrian-Hugry Empire?

I can do that.

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Hesse-Prussia wrote:

I can do that.

wahoo! I think that sense you are the Germans and I am the Austrians, we should team up....possibly

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:59 pm

East Fancainia wrote:
Hesse-Prussia wrote:

I can do that.

wahoo! I think that sense you are the Germans and I am the Austrians, we should team up....possibly

You will need to create a factbook in the factbook section of the forums, link it to me here, about your nation for this rp. Look at mine in the OP for an example.

@Everyone:
I need you to post what name by which you want your nation to be called so I can properly annotate the map. You cannot go by "Austrian Empire" or "Russian Empire" because that would push this into a historical RP realm, which the rules forbid. You can however go by "Silver Austrian Empire" etc, changing a bit of a name. We're operating on a map of Europe between 1789-1815, so place names will be as they were back then, but overall nations will have different names.

Also, I am instituting a few NPC nations to be on the map as well.
Last edited by Hesse-Prussia on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Beach
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Silver Beach » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:00 pm

OH, so i get it. Like that time era and our maps are there? OK, well when i make the factbook, i will base it off of the original

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:02 pm

I would like to be called: The Dual Monarchy of Southern Prussia. The shorter name would be: Southern Prussia

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Silver Beach wrote:OH, so i get it. Like that time era and our maps are there? OK, well when i make the factbook, i will base it off of the original

That's perfectly fine.

East Fancainia wrote:I would like to be called: The Dual Monarchy of Southern Prussia. The shorter name would be: Southern Prussia

Done.

ImperialOverLord
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 27, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby ImperialOverLord » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:07 pm

I noticed someone claimed 'The Russian Empire' (Non-European part). Does that mean we can claim off-map? Or are we limted to Europe?

I know, being Napoleonic era, that Europe is the focal point of attention...
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
Douglas Adams

MT Factbook
FT Factbook
Industrial Factbook
PT Factbook

Hesse-Prussia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse-Prussia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:15 pm

ImperialOverLord wrote:I noticed someone claimed 'The Russian Empire' (Non-European part). Does that mean we can claim off-map? Or are we limted to Europe?

I know, being Napoleonic era, that Europe is the focal point of attention...

No, it will not be only Europe. I am getting a blank world map up for use to claim on (or rather, a bunch of regional ones, like asia, africa, new world, etc). So you can claim off the European map if you so wish. But the rping will most likely be slow for you at the outset until more people join.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents