NATION

PASSWORD

Yet Another XKI War RP

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grenyyarnia
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grenyyarnia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:23 pm

New Fania wrote:
whats your purpose, b) you ain't touchin' my soil

The Lord High Protector of the Republic of Grenyyarnia greets you, New Fania. We are exhilarated to make your acquaintance. We hope that we can establish warm, welcome, and profitable relationships with all of our neighbors.

On behalf of the Council of Economic Advocates and the people of Grenyyarnia, I ask: What can we do for you?

OOC I want to start a war to sell weapons to everyone. Plus Evil Dictators Happyland gave me some good advice as a newbie. Basically, I just wanted to jump in, see what happened, and then play fairly conservatively to try and learn the rules/etiquette.
Last edited by Grenyyarnia on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Fania
Envoy

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Grenyyarnia wrote:
New Fania wrote:
whats your purpose, b) you ain't touchin' my soil

The Lord High Protector of the Republic of Grenyyarnia greets you, New Fania. We are exhilarated to make your acquaintance. We hope that we can establish warm, welcome, and profitable relationships with all of our neighbors.

On behalf of the Council of Economic Advocates and the people of Grenyyarnia, I ask: What can we do for you?

OOC I want to start a war to sell weapons to everyone. Plus Evil Dictators Happyland gave me some good advice as a newbie. Basically, I just wanted to jump in, see what happened, and then play fairly conservatively to try and learn the rules/etiquette.

I'm ready to protect, and invest in you (trust me, we are good at investing, one of our specialties). As long as you don't sell military equipment to Techoligia.

New Fania
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:10 pm

To the King of Techoligia:

"Sorry I was late sir, I got stuck in traffic" "But I'm her now, and we have some very important things to discuss" "Let's address the elephant in the room, the destruction of our space laser, New Fania's defense ministry has made it clear to me, that you are to repay the damage done" "Along with settling the issue about the Techolori (Tekelori to the locals) Islands in the East Techologia Sea, as you know there are 8 of them, 2 occupied by New Fania" "Now the reparations"

"We DEMAND that you give 20 Billion Fanonis for the destruction of our space laser, along with the occupation of 2 more of the Techolori Islands, Tefron, and Rodinia" "We will agree to withdraw our military from those islands, if you do, too"

"Look, this is simple, you do this, or *Points to the Techoligia on the map* BOOM!!!!"

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:33 pm

New Fania wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:God, I just realized I forgot to bookmark this and completely forgot about the thread.

(Note: My morality chip is working now. It wasn't in the last war due to a guideline about "no manipulating the leader's mind" combined with an overly-literal bureaucrat led to the chip being removed. He is now an ex-bureaucrat.)

After looking at said thread, I have issued a broad statement saying that foreign aggression against anyone by anyone will not be tolerated. We have the resources to engage in economic and political warfare without recourse to violence, and if able, we will end hostilities without putting brave Happylandian soldiers at risk. However, while our army is still rebuilding itself after the war with GolgariSwarm, we are not afraid to fight.

We harbor no particular ill will toward New Fania, despite what happened in the last war. We hope they reciprocate.

-Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ Mk II

Techoligia is the clear aggressor here, we want peace, if the Techoligian King rejects the ultimatum, then we will go on to... tougher measures

P.S. What happen to Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ Mk I???

I see. I am getting a better grasp of the politics of the situation. I haven't decided anything, but I'm getting there.

P.S. Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ Classic was assassinated in the last war, and Mk. I was a prototype AI that happened to have Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้'s personality uploaded into it. The program still exists, but it's not the leader, and Mk. II is the newest version, but still in Beta. Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ Mk. III is due to be released soon, being 79% complete.
I wanted to clarify the reason I am being much more neutral toward you than one might expect. In the last war, after being assassinated, I was singlemindedly determined to destroy you, and in the process, tens of thousands on both sides died. I wish for history to avoid repeating itself.
That being said, I've received a coded message from a trusted agent placed in New Fania that either explained to me the glories of pink blueberry pancakes, or that you plan to attack Techoligia soon if they do not comply with your demands. (The code is strange and was built with a double meaning, so it could be either, but I doubt he'd use an official channel for something so frivolous.) Maybe you should simply stop rebuilding that space laser, since it seems to get destroyed within a few months of it going into the air every time. Everyone would be happier without it. We don't have to worry about it firing on us, and you don't have to pay for a new one every time the old one drops out of the sky.

New Fania
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
New Fania wrote:
Techoligia is the clear aggressor here, we want peace, if the Techoligian King rejects the ultimatum, then we will go on to... tougher measures

P.S. What happen to Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ Mk I???

I see. I am getting a better grasp of the politics of the situation. I haven't decided anything, but I'm getting there.

P.S. Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ Classic was assassinated in the last war, and Mk. I was a prototype AI that happened to have Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้'s personality uploaded into it. The program still exists, but it's not the leader, and Mk. II is the newest version, but still in Beta. Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ Mk. III is due to be released soon, being 79% complete.
I wanted to clarify the reason I am being much more neutral toward you than one might expect. In the last war, after being assassinated, I was singlemindedly determined to destroy you, and in the process, tens of thousands on both sides died. I wish for history to avoid repeating itself.
That being said, I've received a coded message from a trusted agent placed in New Fania that either explained to me the glories of pink blueberry pancakes, or that you plan to attack Techoligia soon if they do not comply with your demands. (The code is strange and was built with a double meaning, so it could be either, but I doubt he'd use an official channel for something so frivolous.) Maybe you should simply stop rebuilding that space laser, since it seems to get destroyed within a few months of it going into the air every time. Everyone would be happier without it. We don't have to worry about it firing on us, and you don't have to pay for a new one every time the old one drops out of the sky.

I see, we'd just put sanctions, that's all. We don't want to attack. The space lasers do cost us 25 Billion dollars per, but our current president, is well... nationalistic, to say the least

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:36 pm

New RP nation, previous statement from The Queen still applies
To survive the coming age, we must adapt, resist populist influences, and root out greedy tyranny from the hallowed halls of government, and as God is my witness, we will survive.
-Audo av Sangua

Techoligia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Techoligia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:58 pm

New Fania wrote:To the King of Techoligia:

"Sorry I was late sir, I got stuck in traffic" "But I'm her now, and we have some very important things to discuss" "Let's address the elephant in the room, the destruction of our space laser, New Fania's defense ministry has made it clear to me, that you are to repay the damage done" "Along with settling the issue about the Techolori (Tekelori to the locals) Islands in the East Techologia Sea, as you know there are 8 of them, 2 occupied by New Fania" "Now the reparations"

"We DEMAND that you give 20 Billion Fanonis for the destruction of our space laser, along with the occupation of 2 more of the Techolori Islands, Tefron, and Rodinia" "We will agree to withdraw our military from those islands, if you do, too"

"Look, this is simple, you do this, or *Points to the Techoligia on the map* BOOM!!!!"

"So you threaten us with destruction? We are not afraid of some petty corporations if we can just with the flick of a switch, destroy their income and stocks, and with no money, how will your Oligarchs stay in power?" *He chuckles* "Fanians are a young people, yet to find their identity."
Glory to Techoligia and to Chairman Schuler.

Grenyyarnia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Grenyyarnia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:57 am

Bombing Thwarted By Police in Evil Dictators Happyland
The Washington Post Times Gazette Tribune
by Angel Daimler

In the early morning hours a dramatic scene unfolded in the capital city of Evil Dictators Happyland, as police made an attempt to apprehend a suspect who was intending to detonate an explosive device at a government office complex.

The suspect was killed by police after a shootout lasting for nearly 3 hours, one police officer was seriously injured and two more were treated for their injuries on the scene and released. Officers still have the area cordoned off,and employees are being instructed to stay home.

Police officers man a cordon after the end of the shootout, keeping local residents out of the effected area

Shortly after the incident ended, Police Chief Reginald Whiggums held a brief press conference "The perpetrator's name was Atilla Kepler, and first indications show him to be tied to a revanchist organization operating out of New Fania. He was intending to detonate a high-powered explosive device believed to be manufactured by the New Fanian military."

This is sure to increase tensions between the two countries, which already ran high due to recent and destructive warfare between the two.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:16 am

President James McArthur, I demand to know why an explosive attack was carried out on Evil Dictators Happyland. I am not going to war just yet, but you'd better have a really, really good reason why it happened.
(OOC: Don't quote this post, please.)
- Password Accepted -
[Decrypting...]
[Decryption in progress-76% complete]
[Decryption completed.]

[WARNING: This message is for President James McArthur's eyes and ears only. If this file detects that it is being played on a terminal other than a few select ones known to be used by him. You have thirty seconds to close the file or Level VI Black Hammer Class Intrusion Countermeasures Software™ will fry whatever hardware it is being played on.]

[authUser?=2278501;NewFania;Class:President]
[authUserID="McArthur, James"]
[Authentication in progress...]
[Authentication completed.]
[Hardware terminal accepted.]

Alright, if you're reading this, the software has detected it is either being played on a personal terminal of President James McArthur of New Fania, or a very clever forgery. Whatever it is, go ahead and read it. The message is, if I'm being honest, not that secret.
Look, I'll just give it to you straight. I don't personally think that you did this. If you wanted to attack me, then you'd use a missile, not a bomb. That being said, my generals and commanders do not share this opinion. They believe that you ordered an attack on me in order to have an excuse to start a war. I am not letting this war happen to the best of my ability, but if something like this happens again, unless I have evidence that it was not you... I may not be able to prevent a war.
I'm beefing up my intelligence agencies in order to be able to determine one hundred percent whodunit if this ever happens again.
Last edited by Evil Dictators Happyland on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Fania
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:03 am

Techoligia wrote:
New Fania wrote:To the King of Techoligia:

"So you threaten us with destruction? We are not afraid of some petty corporations if we can just with the flick of a switch, destroy their income and stocks, and with no money, how will your Oligarchs stay in power?" *He chuckles* "Fanians are a young people, yet to find their identity."

New Fania puts a import/export embargo on Techoligia. That was supposed to be a warning, so you'd comply, however, the furthest we're going is a embargo

New Fania
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:06 am

Evil Dictators Happyland, this was not an attack by us, we would suspect Techoligia, if you want we'll even give you money, but WE DID NOT do this, we are not prepared for war with you, most of our fleet is in the East Techoligia Sea.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:15 am

New Fania wrote:Evil Dictators Happyland, this was not an attack by us, we would suspect Techoligia, if you want we'll even give you money, but WE DID NOT do this, we are not prepared for war with you, most of our fleet is in the East Techoligia Sea.

We do not wish for you to pay us. The plot was stopped before the bomb went off. I do not suspect anyone at the moment, as I am studying everyone equally intently.

Nubpryton
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nubpryton » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 am

"So, NF sent an ambassador to have a little "talk" to us, and there's some sort of crap going on in EVH...I wonder what happens next?" Fakenublet asked himself as he looked out the window from Gagarin Starbase, seeing dozens of construction ships fly in and out of Earth's atmosphere as they construct floating atmospheric scrubbers to solve the planet's current crisis of global warming.

"Who knows, maybe Techo will shoot down one of those things NF built." Admiral Rowland replied, having a bit of a giggle at the end of his sentence, noting that Techo must have been really damn lucky to take down one of those things.

"Things? You mean the..."space laser"?" Fakenublet asked.

"Yes...which isn't even power enough to damage the hull of one of our patrol corvettes."

"Hmmm...what about the ambassador from NF? Any word from them?

"Not yet."

"...send the cruiser Zeganas to their star system, get her repainted in diplomatic red and white first before going."

"Yes, Mr. President."

New Fania
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Nubpryton wrote:"So, NF sent an ambassador to have a little "talk" to us, and there's some sort of crap going on in EVH...I wonder what happens next?" Fakenublet asked himself as he looked out the window from Gagarin Starbase, seeing dozens of construction ships fly in and out of Earth's atmosphere as they construct floating atmospheric scrubbers to solve the planet's current crisis of global warming.

"Who knows, maybe Techo will shoot down one of those things NF built." Admiral Rowland replied, having a bit of a giggle at the end of his sentence, noting that Techo must have been really damn lucky to take down one of those things.

"Things? You mean the..."space laser"?" Fakenublet asked.

"Yes...which isn't even power enough to damage the hull of one of our patrol corvettes."

"Hmmm...what about the ambassador from NF? Any word from them?

"Not yet."

The ambassador's mother died, sorry, we've sent a replacement, arriving in a few days (IRL Hour).

"...send the cruiser Zeganas to their star system, get her repainted in diplomatic red and white first before going."

"Yes, Mr. President."

New Fania
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
New Fania wrote:Evil Dictators Happyland, this was not an attack by us, we would suspect Techoligia, if you want we'll even give you money, but WE DID NOT do this, we are not prepared for war with you, most of our fleet is in the East Techoligia Sea.

We do not wish for you to pay us. The plot was stopped before the bomb went off. I do not suspect anyone at the moment, as I am studying everyone equally intently.

if you want we can help

Craven States
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Craven States » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Due to rising tensions, we are taking our nuclear weapons and firearms off of the market. However, we shall be revealing two new services, at just 50 people per day. The first one shall be a wall building service. Made of a concrete-iron mixture, at 10 feet tall, 3 feet wide, and 5 more feet underground. We we build however long the distance (as long as we are paid), along a border, around your capital building, around your capital, really anywhere in your owned land or colonies/territories. The second service we are revealing is a railroad building service. The trains that will be supported will be standard trains going at 60 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) as shall go for as long as ordered or payed.

Looking forward to business,
Federal Council
Last edited by Craven States on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Fania
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:36 pm

Craven States wrote:Due to rising tensions, we are taking our nuclear weapons and firearms off of the market. However, we shall be revealing two new services, at just 50 people per day. The first one shall be a wall building service. Made of a concrete-iron mixture, at 10 feet tall, 3 feet wide, and 5 more feet underground. We we build however long the distance (as long as we are paid), along a border, around your capital building, around your capital, really anywhere in your owned land or colonies/territories. The second service we are revealing is a railroad building service. The trains that will be supported will be standard trains going at 60 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) as shall go for as long as ordered or payed.

Looking forward to business,
Federal Council

once war starts, I'll trade POWs

New Fania
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:43 pm

To the Science Directorate of Nubpryton:

"Sir, I come with the kindest regards of the President of New Fania to help strengthen relations" "In return for your support against Techoligia, which is in a aggressive state, we would give you the Techlori Islands, which are rich in wildlife, along with multiple species, only found in New Fania, and Techoligia" "We would also be okay with sharing our scientific research with you, as well as helping you establish some research stations in both Techoligia and New Fania" "All we ask is that you don't support Techoligia, if it ever declares war"

"Thank you for your time"

Grenyyarnia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Grenyyarnia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:45 pm

New Fania wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:We do not wish for you to pay us. The plot was stopped before the bomb went off. I do not suspect anyone at the moment, as I am studying everyone equally intently.

if you want we can help

The Lord Protector and the People of the Republic of Grenyyarnia stands with Evil Dictators Happyland and New Fania in this investigation. Terrorism cannot be tolerated.

Our preliminary investigation actually shows aid and support coming from the Bigtopian Autonomous Region, within our borders. This region has troubled us in the past, and the good, honest, Bigtopians are held prisoner by ineffective government leadership (as is always the case with Bigtopians), and terrorist, criminal, thugs.

The Republic of Grenyyarnia will be dispatching a full armored division and the 1st and 2nd Special Forces Battalions to the Bigtopian Autonomous Region to.... Cleanse it... I, uh mean, get it under control.

Please know, Grenyyarnia is committed to bringing all responsible parties to justice. As a show of good faith, all Bigtopians who are connected with this plot will be turned over to Evil Dictators Happyland for a swift trial, and a swifter execution-- should they so desire.
Last edited by Grenyyarnia on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Our investigation is now complete. We have determined that New Fania gave no orders for the attack to take place, which has relieved my generals. We have also determined that Techoligia gave no orders for the attack. However, due to the difficulties of navigating what passes for a government in Bigtopia, as well as our list of other potential instigators, we still do not know who in fact ordered the attack.

Also, we have completed my new personality core. Ladies, gentlemen, and attack helicopters, I present Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ Mk. III!
*doot doot doot doooot*
*doot doot doot*
(...Um, where's the applause track?)

(We appear to be experiencing technical difficulties at the moment and will be returning soon... Hey, what happened to my font?!)

DFTBA-Land
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby DFTBA-Land » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:40 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:Our investigation is now complete. We have determined that New Fania gave no orders for the attack to take place, which has relieved my generals. We have also determined that Techoligia gave no orders for the attack. However, due to the difficulties of navigating what passes for a government in Bigtopia, as well as our list of other potential instigators, we still do not know who in fact ordered the attack.

Also, we have completed my new personality core. Ladies, gentlemen, and attack helicopters, I present Dictator ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ด้้้้ Mk. III!
*doot doot doot doooot*
*doot doot doot*
(...Um, where's the applause track?)

(We appear to be experiencing technical difficulties at the moment and will be returning soon... Hey, what happened to my font?!)

Finally , your crisis is over

Evil Dictators Happyland
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:36 am

OK, that's finished. Not sure what happened there, but it's been ruled to be a technical glitch. A few of the values got messed up and blah blah blah I'm not a computer programmer.

New Fania
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby New Fania » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:58 am

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:OK, that's finished. Not sure what happened there, but it's been ruled to be a technical glitch. A few of the values got messed up and blah blah blah I'm not a computer programmer.

where's Techo?

Grenyyarnia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Grenyyarnia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:55 am

Reports Of Civilian Deaths Emerging From Bigtopian Autonomous Region
The Washington Post Times Gazette Tribune
by Angel Daimler

Less than 24 hours after Republic of Grenyyarnian troops crossed the border into the Bigtopian Autonomous Region, grim details of widespread military operations are beginning to emerge.

The Republic of Grenyyarnia dispatched an unidentified armored division and 2 special forces battalions yesterday evening. General Ariminta Tarkin, spokesperson of the Grenyyarnian military released a statement approximately one hour after the boarders crossing had ended. "In response to the attempted terrorist attack in Evil Dictators Happyland yesterday, The Lord Protector pledged his support in the investigation. We have determined an elaborate route of supply and aid moving through the [Bigtopian Autonomous Region]... We have, for a long time, allowed the Bigtopians run their own affairs. It is apparent the Bigtopian government has lost complete control of their own people, borders, and public safety. We have issued orders to a limited military detachment to reestablish order, the rule of law, and strengthen the ailing government."

It seems the first objective was to seize Airtopian Park, the headquarters of Airtopia Corporation, that private company that controls the region's civilian communication infrastructure. As a result, gathering information has been difficult.

However, there have been reports of intense fighting, despite the Bigtopian government pleas that they are not offering resistance. The last message from the provisional government was as follows:

"The Bigtopian Autonomous Region has arranged no opposition to the Grenyyarnian military, and yet they persist in using lethal force against unarmed civilians. Please, please just stop killing--" before the television broadcast went to static.

The last breathless still of the BAR's state news agency before the feed went dark

Ongoing coverage will be difficult as the Grenyyarnian military controls all access to conflict zone, while also maintaining that there is no conflict. While the military has claimed this is a short duration campaign with limited goals, there have been large quantities of unmarked military supplies seen moving around the country towards the boarder.

Finswedeway
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Finswedeway » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:39 am

The Fins Consul with the help of New Fania has calculatedhis country's military budget
Total: 2.4T
Space Program: 189B
Army: 567B
Air Force: 189B
Navy: 945B
Reserve salary: 120B
Active Personnel salary: 195B
Army gear: 195B
To survive the coming age, we must adapt, resist populist influences, and root out greedy tyranny from the hallowed halls of government, and as God is my witness, we will survive.
-Audo av Sangua

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents