NATION

PASSWORD

Fracturing Ties (OOC/Sunalaya Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Fracturing Ties (OOC/Sunalaya Only)

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Due to an attack on the Gorman Superior Energy Nuclear power station in Ermenrich City, in the community of Losr; civil unrest began to develop within Losr and economic unrest occurred within Towns. As a result to the economic unrest in Towns, general unrest began to develop in the other communities.

In immediate response to the attack, General Devicks declared a war of annihilation against all terror organizations globally. As a result of the General Staff's conceit, the nation's military was focused on preparing for an international threat while ignoring the actual internal threat. Within less than one week, a second attack would be carried out on PODan soil using a nuclear fusion device, causing the populace to lose faith in the unified government. With the occurrence of yet another attack, the BICR came to enact the Beorhtsige Plan, through an emergency vote, which called for all government employees to be redeployed to their home communities. The enactment of the Beorhtsige Plan effectively removed The Dictatorship's military from the international stage, with every foreign military post and embassy being stripped bare and turned over to the host nation.

As yet another result of the Beorhtsige Plan, all government employees were placed under the direct control of their home communities, essentially dissolving the unified government into the original eight, each controlled by a Governor elected by the Community representatives.

After nearly two months, the Beorhtsige Plan had been fully enacted and the communities went on to establish new government systems among themselves based on ideals.

As the relationships of the communities began to shift into five new governments, a failed attempt on the man governing Renedge was all that was needed to spark a war. When the man was found to be a currently serving member of the Senns Army, the Governor of Renedge moved to enact retribution by ordering a tactical nuclear strike on Senns...

Communities: Lee
Factions At War With: Faction 2, Faction 5
Government: Representative Stratocracy
Faction Goals: The reunification of the communities under the old Unitary Representative Stratocracy

Leader(s): Governor Sternberg
Characteristics of Governer Sternberg: Governor Sternberg is a man devoted to ensuring the freedom of the people of Lee. Being one of the few community leaders who would actively move to avoid war, he will first make diplomatic attempts to resolve issues before they devolve into conflict. When war does arise, however, he will readily "unshackle" his military leaders while, at the same time, continuing to devote his personal to finding a diplomatic resolution.

Notable Quotes:

"While ending a conflict with minimal bloodshed is preferable, freedom's cost is always a demand of blood and bodies." -Governor Sternberg

Communities: Towns
Factions At War With: Faction 1, Faction 3, Faction 4, Faction 5
Government: Absolute Dictatorship
Faction Goals: The reunification of the communities under their government

Leader(s): General Knochenmus
Characteristics of General Knochenmus: General Knochenmus is a hardened Marine Corps veteran with more battlefield experience than any other current military leader in the world. Having served as a Sergeant under the command of General Rader, when General Rader was a mere Major, his cunning and determination, on the battlefield or in a diplomatic meeting, is not easily overcome. At the age of 97, Generl Knochenmus is currently the oldest leader of the communities. Believing the only way to ensure the safety and security of the communities is to have a strong and able leader, he has taken it upon himself to ensure that only the best suited leader will fulfill the role. As a veteran combatant, he would rather find himself in a foxhole with his men than sit in an office, a duty he has been noted to state was "as boring as it is necessary."

Notable Quotes:

"What good is an easy victory? An easy baattle is easy to overlook, but one that is hard fought will be remembered throughout history." -General Knochenmus

"An easy victory is not a true victory. If a battle is easily won, one can assume that it was of little strategic value. More than likely a mere distraction. A distraction from the true strategy of the enemy." -General Knochenmus

Communities: Renedge
Factions At War With: Faction 2, Faction 4, Faction 5
Government: Absolute Dictatorship
Faction Goals: Global unification under their government

Leader(s): General Stroman
Characteristics of General Stroman: Having spent his military career in the P.O.D. Air Force Missile Command, General Stroman's lacking battlefield and political experience makes him rather unpredictable and untested. While he may lack tactical and political insight, the only strategies he truly understands are those of nuclear warfare, in which he is unmatched. His lack of understanding makes him uncomfortable with the concepts of diplomacy and conventional warfare and his nearly absolute understanding of nuclear warfare makes him quite comfortable using such devices whenever he can "get away with it."

Notable Quotes:

"There is no sight more glorious and pure than that of the rising glow of a fusion bomb." -General Stroman

"True freedom requires a unified global populace. To unify the global populace you must attempt to conquer it by force. You will either unify them under you in your success, or you will unify them against you. In either case you will succeed in the first part. Whether freedom follows is up to those that come after us." -General Stroman

"How will the future remember us? As a nation of action, or as a people of inaction? I would rather see Renedge remembered for its action than its inaction. Who will remember those who failed to act? I would be far better, I would think, to act in the perceived wrong than to remain silent in the perceived right." -General Stroman

"Is it truly a war if we show restraint? If we do not commit to fast, precise, and brutal strikes, are we fighting a war? This is no war. This is merely a disagreement within the family. A feud of sorts. One day, perhaps, this infighting will devolve into war. If it does, I promise you, it will end swiftly." -General Stroman

Communities: Senns, Losr
Factions At War With: Faction 2, Faction 3, Faction 5
Government: Confederated Stratocracy
Faction Goals: Unification of Ophion under their Government

Communities: Dennek, Fallree, Gievs
Factions At War With: Faction 1, Faction 2, Faction 3, Faction 4
Government: Federal Stratocracy
Faction Goals: Reunification of the communities under their government

Towns == 25%
Renedge == 20%
Losr == 17%
Lee == 15%
Gievs == 14%
Fallree == 13%
Dennek == 11%
Senns == 5%

Towns, Renedge, Lee, Dennek, Fallree, Gievs, Losr, Senns

Renedge, Lee, Towns, Senns, Losr, Gievs, Dennek Fallree

Renedge, Towns, Lee, Losr, Gievs, Dennek, Fallree, Senns

Towns, Renedge, Lee, Dennek, Fallree, Gievs, Losr, Senns

Lee, Losr, Gievs, Fallree

Participants be advised that this RP will determine the future cannon of my nation and your actions within the RP will directly effect that outcome.

All Sunalaya members are permitted to join.

IC Reboot
Last edited by The Dictatorship POD on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Defensive Condition
Current Def-con level: Def-Con 0
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:57 pm

tag
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Tagity taggy tag
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:01 pm

Tag
Visit Sunalaya!

Belantica
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Belantica » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:15 am

Tag 'em.
Automobile, guns, capitalism, democracy, environment, equality, science, legalized marijuana, ethical corporations, small businesses
Bicycle, communism, fascism, logging, racism, sexism, religion, war (except when necessary), Trump's stupidity, unethical corporations, Monsanto, Wal-Mart
Note: NS stats don't reflect the nation, the factbook will do that.
Now hooked on JDM, old American sedans, the chronic, and Super Eurobeat
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-Hunter S. Thompson
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Romaleus
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Romaleus » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Tag

Librira
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Librira » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:12 pm

tagged
Librira is a Democratic-Syndicalist nation
Sunalaya's Corentian Nationalist - Corentia is the Superior Continent!
Member of Sunalaya
Information, If you like.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:18 pm

tag, IC post will likely be up tomorrow.

Talmovay
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Talmovay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Ok, So, My nation is located here: Image

Now, with all these nukes going off, my nation would have taken an extremely anti-nuke stance which would be consistent with our general foreign policy which will have always endorsed disarmament. We do have a nuclear energy program, but it is limited to one reactor atm.

As for this RP, Lee seems to be the most workable of them in securing peace and ending the nuclear war. My goal would be to get Lee and Sens/Losr to work together against Renedge and Towns in order to stop nuclear war. I would start by sending a diplomatic team to both of them and by contacting the Renedge and Towns communities. How does this look?
Last edited by Talmovay on Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Talmovay wrote:Ok, So, My nation is located here: (Image)

Now, with all these nukes going off, my nation would have taken an extremely anti-nuke stance which would be consistent with our general foreign policy which will have always endorsed disarmament. We do have a nuclear energy program, but it is limited to one reactor atm.

As for this RP, Lee seems to be the most workable of them in securing peace and ending the nuclear war. My goal would be to get Lee and Sens/Losr to work together against Renedge and Towns in order to stop nuclear war. I would start by sending a diplomatic team to both of them and by contacting the Renedge and Towns communities. How does this look?

This would be fine by me.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Talmovay
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talmovay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:37 pm

The Dictatorship POD wrote:
Talmovay wrote:Ok, So, My nation is located here: (Image)

This would be fine by me.

Coolio. I'll post IC soon.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:40 pm

Alright, I'm going to jump in on this on the side of Faction 1, expect my post to be up within the hour.

Talmovay
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talmovay » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Looks like I'm supporting towns.

Could I get detailed maps of pod?
Last edited by Talmovay on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Talmovay wrote:Looks like I'm supporting towns.

I have no such maps. I do apologize for this inconvenience.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Talmovay
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talmovay » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Talmovay wrote:Looks like I'm supporting towns.

I have no such maps. I do apologize for this inconvenience.

Just slap some front lines and cities on a map in paint?

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm stuck between Towns and Lee. I think I might play it out as a bit of a inter-Rhodevus rivalry between the Queen and her future successor.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Rhodevus wrote:I'm stuck between Towns and Lee. I think I might play it out as a bit of a inter-Rhodevus rivalry between the Queen and her future successor.

Do not make the mistake of attempting to help both, as you would only lose the trust of both in the process.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Talmovay
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Talmovay » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Rhodevus wrote:I'm stuck between Towns and Lee. I think I might play it out as a bit of a inter-Rhodevus rivalry between the Queen and her future successor.

Lee is weak and reactionary at the end of the day. He just wants the old government which obviously failed back.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Talmovay wrote:

Lee is weak and reactionary at the end of the day. He just wants the old government which obviously failed back.

Actually, Lee seems to want a more democratic system that is to be ruled over by a leader whom is much more peaceful.
Towns wants a full Absolute Dictatorship again and is ruled over by a really old leader... I wonder if I can use that...

Do not make the mistake of attempting to help both, as you would only lose the trust of both in the process.

Oh, I would never attempt to help both. Just use this as a way to build on relations between my crowned queen and the princess heir. :)
She/Her

Factbook

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Talmovay wrote:

While Lee is reserved, the community is not weak. Lee was always diplomatic, even when it led the communities against the Rhodeve Empire. Its navy would be second to none though it lacks in land combat capabilities. Fort Lee is further in command of the orbital assets of the communities.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Talmovay wrote:Lee is weak and reactionary at the end of the day. He just wants the old government which obviously failed back.

While Lee is reserved, the community is not weak. Lee was always diplomatic, even when it led the communities against the Rhodeve Empire. Its navy would be second to none though it lacks in land combat capabilities. Fort Lee is further in command of the orbital assets of the communities.

Fort Lee is the place that is illegal to attack else all the communities will wage war on you, right?
She/Her

Factbook

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

Fort Lee is the place that is illegal to attack else all the communities will wage war on you, right?

Yes. This would be due to a treaty dating back to the eight members of the Denmytire.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:52 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

Yes. This would be due to a treaty dating back to the eight members of the Denmytire.

good to know.And final question I promise*: What was the old capital of POD?

*promise lasts for the next 5 minutes
She/Her

Factbook

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

Fort Lee. It is also important to note that Fort Lee will be the capital city at any point that the communities are unified, as per the "Fort Lee Treaty".
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

Fort Lee. It is also important to note that Fort Lee will be the capital city at any point that the communities are unified, as per the "Fort Lee Treaty".

thanks. I think I'm good. :P
She/Her

Factbook

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents