NATION

PASSWORD

A Land Divided, Ripe for the Plucking (Open, IC thread)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mereshka
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:11 am

Zombodice wrote:"Sire! Marcus has met barbaric forces, he plans to fight them near the boarder of Zombodice!"

"What? They are here already? How did they get here so damn fast?"

"Well sire, they sent one wave towards the Slyvonia nation and one towards us. Marcus thought it was a good idea to leave two days ago without a word to stop the advancement."

"I want to call all Zombodician families into this fight. We must send our Zelim Legions to find and destroy the warlord and his army."

"Right away sire!"

The sun rises with 1000 Zelim Infantry with a 500 Zelim Legion backing them. 200 Zelim archers rush to take the hill and build fortifications to prevent a cavalry charge. After a two hour set up, the barbarian horde could be seen over the valley.

"Everyone in positions!" hollered Marcus

The barbarian horde marches closer and closer to Marcus's army. When the army was within 100 yards, the Zelim archers fired upon the barbarian infantry line. Even with their troops falling around them, they march without hesitation. This happened over and over until the barbarian horde was 10 yards in front of them.
Without warning of any kind, the barbarian army charges a couple of feet then stops and forms a spear wall. The right flank of the enemy is shot down with archers. Marcus began to gain confidence about his commanding, but he was also suspicious.

"Fall into them!"

This was the command for the infantry to pour into one area of the spear wall while keeping their wall intact. The Zelim infantry was keeping their distance as they pushed their spears into the bodies of the dirty savages. Everything was looking like a easy battle.
Just then, the barbarian horde began to retreat. Marcus couldn't of seen a easier battle if he would of fought a bunch of infants.

"Chase them down!"

The Zelim Legions charged after the fleeing army. Not being to catch up of course, but it wasn't the purpose of the charge. The Legions chased the barbarians down the valley. The barbarians did something that did catch Marcus off guard. They stopped and ducked while camouflaged archers popped out of the grass and fired upon the legions. Almost a the whole row dropped quietly among the ruckus. The second row continued to charge. Apparently, the barbarians were expecting the Zelim Legions to flee. This, they did not do. Instead they slaughtered the archers and the fleeing combatants.
The Zelim Legions chased the every single barbarian. The last barbarian was killed on the highest hill on that plain. Where stood the flag, of Zombodice.

(Picture Soon)

OOC: Stop right there. The barbarians from the North, which I assume you mean, are not NPCs. Noone but me may RP them in any way. Speaking of which, I'll get a reply up later today, in a few hours most likely.
Current RP projects:

The World. Currenlty my main project, an offsite RP forum.
Death Company. Possibly on hold, once I make up my mind.

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:06 am

Sylvonia wrote:Pierre thanked the two for the meals before continuing. "Well if an adventurer is around not to see sights, but simply travel, I guess that is me. I needed a break from the ordinary, and I found it here." He dug into the meat with a bit too much vigor for an old man. Which was fine by him as he'd let a few more wrinkles leave his face and sat up fairly straight now. "I suppose it would be polite to thank you for the meal." he said, tipping his head slightly. "So, many thanks to you." Pierre smiled, much more broadly than should have been allowed for his face, but a genuine smile none the less.

"I suppose it would." Aeryn told him in between bitesm taking the meal much more slowly than Pierre, "Though it seems to me that few enough people in this place show common courtesy, except when they believe it would benefit them." He shrugged, taking a long drink of ale. "Ah well," He said when finished, "I suppose that manners really are rather secondary, and their willing to do business at least. Now...will you be needing a place to stay for night? I need to know whether to tell that lovely girl whether I want two rooms or one."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second day of the invasion, and we still have yet to encounter any resistance, or at least in this band. I've heard tell that a few of the other warbands have come across some more than sizeable towns, while we face nothing more than peasant villages. Even the Ruthig are beggining to grumble at the lack of a challenge, and I fear it's only a matter of time before they remember what a threat the others and myself posed to them.

If only the Leader were here...I doubt even their berzerkers would be insane enough to challenge him. Emperor knows, I've never relished the nights in the Pits when I was forced to fight against him. Well, if the scouts are to believed, there is a sizeable force of what they Ruthig call those of the Black Tongue. What strange names these people have...at any rate, they tell me that they shall be more of a threat, and so will likely be a distraction from myself and the others. We need to hold this horde together just long enough..after that, these Northman can freeze in their wastes for all I care.
Mokoto's Journal, dated 1 Day past.
Current RP projects:

Ylamoria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ylamoria » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:56 am

OOC: Really sorry for posting this late after the start!

IC: Vexo had watched the tavern looking for something interesting from a corner in the inn and there was one thing that truly made him wonder, a man who looked old if you looked at him first but then he seemed to look younger and younger... it was almost as if he used magic... The old-young man talked to some other person who looked like an adventurer because he didnt look like he came from Daria.
Vexo decided to ask the two men if they were going to wander out of the city soon and began to walk towards them.
Halfway to them Vexo walked right into a fat man who stinked of alcohol.
"Ey son! Ye ar tryin´ to git into trouble ey? Ill give ye trouble, I do!" The drunk man said before hitting Vexo right on his cheek and making him fall on the floor.
Vexo quickly got up and kicked the drunk man in the groin making him fall down on the floor with tears in his eyes. Vexo then picked up a stool and hit the man in the head with it. The drunk man then fell down unconscious on the floor.
"The next time someone tries to fight me I will cut that mans stomach open!" Vexo said showing a knife whirling up in his hand and then whirling down somewhere into his clothes in a split second before walking over to the old-young man and the adventurer.
"Hello fellas, are you by any chance going to wander out of town soon? I would willingly accompany you if you are, no cost required if you can provide me with an adventure." Vexo politely said.
I am gone for a while... If I can stay away then I prove that it is possible to leave NationStates. If not... then it proves that I am really bored.

Autesia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Autesia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:15 am

"Excellent," the King exclaimed, "the Sylvonians have accepted our proposal on the terms that we share information!"
"Fantastic news, Sire," Merwyyn replied, beckoning to a serving boy, "we have nothing to lose from that, in fact we stand to gain."
The king and the wizard each took a silver goblet of wine from the boy and Merwyyn sent him on his way.
"Indeed." Thrys replied, sipping his wine, "pen me a response."
"Of course, Sire".

Laythe's eyebrows leapt up as the drunken man was sent sprawling on the floor, but he was a well-practiced tavern player, and missed only a single chord (thankfully the incident occurred in an instrumental). He looked down at the bewildered Grywwy, and could see his friend was thinking the same thing as he was: the way the man had beaten a man senseless and then calmly taken a seat with two other men was bizarre. With a long note, the song ended, and Laythe rose to help the unconcious drunk. He beckoned to the barman and the two of them dragged the man away from the bar and into a corner, out of the way. Laythe was keen for his actions to escape the notice of the other man, somehow, he didn't seem the type that one wanted to get on the wrong side of, although his new company was indeed intriguing...

OOC: btw Mereshka, I love the "Motoko's journal" extracts, they're really rather good :)
Last edited by Autesia on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Important Government figures (MT):
King: Malcier IV
Heir Apparent: Prince Kayle
Prime Minister: Pieter Marcyr
Foreign Minister: Charlotte Helyvyr
Chancellor: Malcolm Griehn
Grand Master of the Order of the Just Sword (Autesian Armed Forces): Granth Malechyr
Grand Master of the Order of the Level Hand (Autesian police force): Kherys Paenderhar
Grand Master of the Order of the Mindful Eye (Autesian Secret Services): Gaulan Cheffre

Map:

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 13, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zombodice » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Mereshka wrote:
Zombodice wrote:"Sire! Marcus has met barbaric forces, he plans to fight them near the boarder of Zombodice!"

"What? They are here already? How did they get here so damn fast?"

"Well sire, they sent one wave towards the Slyvonia nation and one towards us. Marcus thought it was a good idea to leave two days ago without a word to stop the advancement."

"I want to call all Zombodician families into this fight. We must send our Zelim Legions to find and destroy the warlord and his army."

"Right away sire!"

The sun rises with 1000 Zelim Infantry with a 500 Zelim Legion backing them. 200 Zelim archers rush to take the hill and build fortifications to prevent a cavalry charge. After a two hour set up, the barbarian horde could be seen over the valley.

"Everyone in positions!" hollered Marcus

The barbarian horde marches closer and closer to Marcus's army. When the army was within 100 yards, the Zelim archers fired upon the barbarian infantry line. Even with their troops falling around them, they march without hesitation. This happened over and over until the barbarian horde was 10 yards in front of them.
Without warning of any kind, the barbarian army charges a couple of feet then stops and forms a spear wall. The right flank of the enemy is shot down with archers. Marcus began to gain confidence about his commanding, but he was also suspicious.

"Fall into them!"

This was the command for the infantry to pour into one area of the spear wall while keeping their wall intact. The Zelim infantry was keeping their distance as they pushed their spears into the bodies of the dirty savages. Everything was looking like a easy battle.
Just then, the barbarian horde began to retreat. Marcus couldn't of seen a easier battle if he would of fought a bunch of infants.

"Chase them down!"

The Zelim Legions charged after the fleeing army. Not being to catch up of course, but it wasn't the purpose of the charge. The Legions chased the barbarians down the valley. The barbarians did something that did catch Marcus off guard. They stopped and ducked while camouflaged archers popped out of the grass and fired upon the legions. Almost a the whole row dropped quietly among the ruckus. The second row continued to charge. Apparently, the barbarians were expecting the Zelim Legions to flee. This, they did not do. Instead they slaughtered the archers and the fleeing combatants.
The Zelim Legions chased the every single barbarian. The last barbarian was killed on the highest hill on that plain. Where stood the flag, of Zombodice.

(Picture Soon)

OOC: Stop right there. The barbarians from the North, which I assume you mean, are not NPCs. Noone but me may RP them in any way. Speaking of which, I'll get a reply up later today, in a few hours most likely.

OOC:Well, not those barbarians...If you look at my map, the only area where there is unclaimed land is north. I didn't want to have the barbarians start on other countries without my permission.
I do understand how you saw that. I didn't really have a name for them. Just wanted to have a little conflict before interfering too early in the game.
------KILROY WAS HERE------
__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__
---UUU------()------UUU---

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Ylamoria wrote:OOC: Really sorry for posting this late after the start!

IC: Vexo had watched the tavern looking for something interesting from a corner in the inn and there was one thing that truly made him wonder, a man who looked old if you looked at him first but then he seemed to look younger and younger... it was almost as if he used magic... The old-young man talked to some other person who looked like an adventurer because he didnt look like he came from Daria.
Vexo decided to ask the two men if they were going to wander out of the city soon and began to walk towards them.
Halfway to them Vexo walked right into a fat man who stinked of alcohol.
"Ey son! Ye ar tryin´ to git into trouble ey? Ill give ye trouble, I do!" The drunk man said before hitting Vexo right on his cheek and making him fall on the floor.
Vexo quickly got up and kicked the drunk man in the groin making him fall down on the floor with tears in his eyes. Vexo then picked up a stool and hit the man in the head with it. The drunk man then fell down unconscious on the floor.
"The next time someone tries to fight me I will cut that mans stomach open!" Vexo said showing a knife whirling up in his hand and then whirling down somewhere into his clothes in a split second before walking over to the old-young man and the adventurer.
"Hello fellas, are you by any chance going to wander out of town soon? I would willingly accompany you if you are, no cost required if you can provide me with an adventure." Vexo politely said.

"And who might you be?" Aeryn asked, his voice flat and unfriendly, and he said it as more of a command than a proper question. Meanwhile, his left hand traveled down to the hilt of his strange looking sword. I do not know who this man is, Aeryn told himself, Yet I do know that he is uninhibited at the least, and dangerously unstable at the worst. He was hardly likely to trust a stranger who simply walks up with offers of help, especielly not one who had cracked a man over the head.
Current RP projects:

Yethtu
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:35 pm

(OCC- Really weird question. Can I keep going? I'm kinda moving in the wrong direction.)
Proud owners of the State of Contonara, colonial posetion.
After a massive months long RL cival debate (and just plain refusal to post on my part) Yethtu's First Citizen Party has returned to power. Hazza and what not.
-If there ever was a God, he gave up a LONG time ago-

-Anti-Regulationists have obviously never read The Jungle. Would you like some samonilla-laced eggs with your copy?-

-Just becuse I find it distasteful, does not mean I can find it illegal-
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:46 pm

Yethtu wrote:(OCC- Really weird question. Can I keep going? I'm kinda moving in the wrong direction.)

OOC: You're free to do whatever you wish, so long as you don't godmod or break any other basic RPing rules, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by going in the wrong direction. Also, please ask questions like this in the OOC thread.
Current RP projects:

Ylamoria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ylamoria » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:47 am

Mereshka wrote:
Ylamoria wrote:snip

"And who might you be?" Aeryn asked, his voice flat and unfriendly, and he said it as more of a command than a proper question. Meanwhile, his left hand traveled down to the hilt of his strange looking sword. I do not know who this man is, Aeryn told himself, Yet I do know that he is uninhibited at the least, and dangerously unstable at the worst. He was hardly likely to trust a stranger who simply walks up with offers of help, especielly not one who had cracked a man over the head.

"I am Vexo Socius and I was a butchers apprentice here in Ondhe until like... 3 hours ago I think. I want to wander around the world and do what I want and see everything, I cant stand the citylife here in Ondhe, you get born, you work, you get old and gets fed by the family and then you die! That is not how I want to use my life! If you wont take me with you then I will just have to strike out on an adventure on my own, even though I am green and propably wont survive long" Vexo stated.
I am gone for a while... If I can stay away then I prove that it is possible to leave NationStates. If not... then it proves that I am really bored.

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:46 am

The Sagittarius Was a Marvellous Airship, one of the Axonias Greatest inventions.It floated effortlessly Over the Capitol city of Illania. The 500 meter Long Flying Vessel was powered by a strange power source to say the least. Deep with in the Mountains of the land. Crystals resided that soaked up the Essence of life (MT Backround Radiation from the big bang) and concentrated it turning it into a power source. mighty crystals powered this craft 7 of them working together to keep it in the air.

It had been called from the border Patrol for a specific task. The Barbarians where Launching there invasion; they had not united under one banner for over 70 years; in this turmoil the Southern nations had grown weak once again in there corruption and politics. Drake Had decided a pre-emptive strike would Stall the invasion. he would send The Sagittarius along with Some of his Finest Men into the heart of the barbarians land and assassinate the Barbarian Chief, hopefully turning the other chiefs on each other stopping the invasion in its tracks for a few more years. giving Axonia the Time to Raise Armies and expand its borders to combat the inevitable devastation.

Drake Stood at his balcony over looking his fortress's courtyard, smiling to him self he saw Ranks and files of his Finest men below him saluting and chanting. men Clad in Glistening Steel Armour, other Brandishing Rather Primitive Looking Flintlock Rifles.

"TODAY" Drake began as the Chants and cheers stopped suddenly "IS A GREAT DAY!, YOU MY FINEST WARRIORS HAND CHOSEN FOR THE TASK AT HAND, WILL EMBARK ON A ROYAL QUEST TO STEM THE BARBARIAN INVASION AT ITS HEART."

Cheers erupted the Faceless Knights of Axonia Lifting there Gun spears High in salute of there leader.

"You will inbark on The Sagittarius Immediately and strike them at there heart, strike fast and true my Warriors, think of the women and children you will save in your noble deeds and you will COME HOME HEROES!"

more cheers Erupted.

"Now go my Loyal soldiers of hope!" with this Drake bowed to his servants and left the balcony.

Royal Courtyard

Sir Arthur Thule Turned to his Company smiling lifting his Primitive Flint lock rifle. "3RD COMPANY CALDARIAN RIFLES! LEFT FACE!"

Immediately the Company turned to the left stamping there heel into the ground making a rather loud bang.

Thule Smiled turning to the left before barking the next order "COMPANY! BY THE LEFT QUICK! MARCH!"

With this the Company marched off down the tunnel and out of the courtyard, they where on there way to the Mustering area for The Sagittarius there they would embark and await till they left there Great Nation on their mission. Thule smiled ;his rather outrageous Handle Bar Moustache curling slightly; As they marched through the streets Civilians looking at them as they passed, stalls stopped bantering as every one watched the columns March Past.

The SagittariusLoading Area

Captain Darius Checked the Last couple of boxes on his Equipment and supplies Roster sheet. "OK, GET THE LAST STUFF LOADED UP AND I WANT THE CANNONS PRIMED AND READY FOR WHEN WE ARRIVE AT THE TUNDRA PLAINS." Darius Shook his head as he watch 3 sailors drop a rather Large Crate of cannon balls. he turned and made his way up the ramp almost walking into Several Quidors; Quidors where a rather large bird like species that roamed the desert plains of Axonia, the Axonians had Adopted them as Steeds many Knights of the relm preferring them over the 4 Legged horses, they where certainly energetic creatures.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:15 am

Pierre slipped off his left glove, the one that had been used to take back the woman's purse, and quietly swapped it for another one in his pocket. "Well Vexo, it's good to meet you but even we aren't entirely sure what we're doing." He took a swig of ale just to be able to look at his right glove and estimate the time he had left (more than before, but less than he'd like), then looked back at Aeryn. "As for your question, a place to spend the night would be most appreciated, though I won't press your generosity more than I already have."
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm not convinced that an individual can be a communist. Oh, an individual might tout the benefits of communism both real and imagined, but to actually practice communism, he really needs some people to practice communism with.

Helertia wrote:
Vojvodina-Nihon wrote:Why do people feed the trolls?

it's the closest thing NSG has to ducks

Person 1 wrote:
Person A wrote:I would have the power to shapeshit.

Thats got to be one of the funniest typos on this site OR one of the most creative yet disturbing replys to any question that I've ever seen.

Don't forget the zombies! And remember, guys that sparkle are NOT into girls.

Ylamoria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ylamoria » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:09 pm

"Hm, well my offer will still stand tomorrow but now I am going to eat!"
Garret ordered a sparse meal for three coppers but because he only had silver he had to change money so after a while he recieved nine coppers and paid one silver.
"I will sit in the corner over there" Garret pointed to a corner which had a clear view of the entrance to the tavern. "I wont be able to overhear any of your talk from there so you can talk without worrying about me" Garret explained.
Garret then went and sat down in the corner and soon the food was put on the table. It was some bread, an apple and a little water in a mug. He ate slowly and watched the tavern for anything interesting...

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:02 am

Many had come to watch the Lift off of The Sagittarius it was like any other way to war the population had been drummed up into a frenzy of excitement and good will as the soldiers marched up the ramp They left Cheers of joy and good luck behind slowly disappearing into the hold of The Sagittarius. Sir Thules Company of Riflemen had already borded he was looking out of one of the many observation decks at the mass of people, he knew his wife was out there some where but he just couldn't see her, he scanned the crowd she had told him she would be wearing the White dress he got her on there hunny moon. He continued to look and look and then he saw her she was looking up at him her fair blue eyes soft and caring. he smiled and waved to her, she smiled and did so back.

when we return i shall Treat her to something nice Thule thought to him self as he herd the loading bay doors slam shut. The Engines Massive Gyrocopter Blades Started to whine as they began there Launch sequences up in the bridge. eventually the crowds cheers where drowned out by the mass of noise from the Airship. A few more minutes past and they where in the Air the people had become tiny specks and Illania was rapidly disappearing into the distance.

Imperial Palace

Drake Sat on his Stunning white Marble Throne, he found Gold to be Gordy and unnecessary, he prefered a masterfully Crafted Marble Throne and that's exactly what he had, Looking around the Masterfully built Sandstone and Marble Hall he found him self Staring At Malatek who had just appeared. "what is it now my old friend."

"just here to tell you that The Sagittarius has Started on its journey to the Heart of the North Wastelands. me lord"

"very good" Drake smiled

"what are you going to do next then Alexie" Malatek smiled using his ability as Drakes Friend to call him by his first name.

"i want you to Summon Governor General Tarterus"

"As you wish my lord,"

"also Bring me General Tribson i will need his Engineering Expertes."

"right away" Malatek bowed and Poofed once again.

Alexie Drake Rolled his eyes, as a young Serving girl appeared with a Glass of ale.

The Sagittarius
5 hours after lift off

The Weather Had Changed Almost suddenly, from the Warm sunny Breezes and blue water. it was now Cold Icey Gray choppy and full of Iceburgs. the Sky Was Grayed out by Storm clouds and the Winds had become Fierce . Thule had moved inside and Layed in his quarters. it had become blisteringly cold out on the Observation deck. Due to hi title Thule Had gotten one of the Few Personnel quarters on the Ship the Grunts and other soldiers had to share the hold and sleep or rest where they could.

The Captains voice Resonated from the Tannoy (basically those Pipes they used to use which bounced his voice all over the ship)

"This is your captain speaking, we will be arriving at The Northern Shores in less than 20 minutes, please be ready for disembarkation imidately."

Thule grunted and got out of his bed making his way over to the the armour and Started putting it on. The Minutes seemed to pass to quickly as they had already landed by the Time Thule had made his way to the hold where he would await orders from the Commander in Charge Sir Digard Cromwell.

"OK 3RD COMPANY FALL IN!"

with a rather Large Fumble and Jump from his Men they eventually formed up to see the massive Loading doors Open to reveal nothing but a white vale, the wind whistled as the blizzard raged around the the Ship.

"LISTEN UP" Came the voice of Cromwell "We will make camp here for the night and wait for the blizzard to Pass. how ever the 3rd Company Rifles will be committed to an Immediate Recon of the Area. Sir Thule please Split your company up into Squads and send them out. Report to me when you get word back.

Thule Sighed on the inside before saluting and turning to his Company. "you all know what your doing... atleast i hope you do. put on as much clothing as you think will keep you warm but not enough to lumber you down. got me!"

he was bombarded with yells of "yes sir!"

"very wel split in to your squads ill will be Accompanying Squad 1 we will go north the Rest of you Will go !5 Degrees From the Next Every 5 minutes got me?"

he was bombarded with another "Yes sir!"

"very good now MOVE OUT!" Thule turned wiping his fore head he lead 1st Squad out into the White Wastelands.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:35 pm

It was pathetic, the way they were ralling agenst them.

A shallow river, which he assumed acted as the North's border, was lined with bluky infentrymen equipt with wooden spears and stone hammers. It must have been their milita, the fools. Kaka stood high upon onix, Blood's lances aimed forward for the inital charge. It would be simple, so simple.

The horn blew, and they were off

Mud splattered as the hooves of a thousound horsemen surged forward, crushing fish and stone beneth their many hooves. Kaka shouted, shouted for blood. And there was to be plenty of it.

When the lines clashed, the full brunt of near half a ton of flesh and bronze smashed into the poorly set milita, and their lances dripped blood as three layers were peirced. They, high above the red soil, were prepared.
-------------

It was a masacure. Once again, not even one Horsemen had been lost to the pathetic rabble as they scurried away. Yet, they knew the must move quickly, and when the call came to hug the coasts until infentry arrived, they obayed
After a massive months long RL cival debate (and just plain refusal to post on my part) Yethtu's First Citizen Party has returned to power. Hazza and what not.

-Anti-Regulationists have obviously never read The Jungle. Would you like some samonilla-laced eggs with your copy?-

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Yethtu wrote:It was pathetic, the way they were ralling agenst them.

A shallow river, which he assumed acted as the North's border, was lined with bluky infentrymen equipt with wooden spears and stone hammers. It must have been their milita, the fools. Kaka stood high upon onix, Blood's lances aimed forward for the inital charge. It would be simple, so simple.

The horn blew, and they were off

Mud splattered as the hooves of a thousound horsemen surged forward, crushing fish and stone beneth their many hooves. Kaka shouted, shouted for blood. And there was to be plenty of it.

When the lines clashed, the full brunt of near half a ton of flesh and bronze smashed into the poorly set milita, and their lances dripped blood as three layers were peirced. They, high above the red soil, were prepared.
-------------

It was a masacure. Once again, not even one Horsemen had been lost to the pathetic rabble as they scurried away. Yet, they knew the must move quickly, and when the call came to hug the coasts until infentry arrived, they obayed

OOC: Alright, that one rather bordered on godmodding...but I'll let it slide for now, provided you don't do it again. But I must reiterate, that noone but me may RP the North in any way whatsoever.

IC: "That was rather strange, wasn't it?" Aeryn muttered once Vexo left, though it wasn't entirely clear whether he was talking to Pierre or himself. "At any rate..." he continued, "Worry not about any forcing my hospitality. I'll still have three silvers and ten coppers after paying for rooms, and though that's certainly not enough to get me the rest of the way, there are always ways for me to get money. I'm certain I can find some Lord in need of a fighting man."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've caught sight of the force of "Black Tongues" the Northmen told me about. They're rather busy at the moment however, it seems they just finished up with what the Ruthig like to call the "southern tribes". The land here is still more or less fertile, so the people here rely less on wars and raids to get their daily bread. The true Northerners have nothing but scorn for the people, from what I understand, and feel not a whit of pity for the force that was destroyed by the Black Tongues.

However, they are rather eager to come to terms with the Tongues themselves. And truth be told, I feel the same. I relish the thought of a true challenge, rather than these "southern tribes" we've been fighting our way through...it's a matter of hours only until we begin the attack.
Mokoto's Journal, dated an hour past.
Current RP projects:

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Pierre nodded. "In such a case, I thank you yet again. And it is true that there is much work to be found, especially in cities like these." He didn't want to admit how easily he could create money if he really wanted. But the process was so frowned upon that if one chose to do so, they could create small amounts for fear that they would be ratted out. Besides all of that, the simple act of creating money would catch a lot of attention. It seemed the world conspired against anyone wishing to make quick money.
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm not convinced that an individual can be a communist. Oh, an individual might tout the benefits of communism both real and imagined, but to actually practice communism, he really needs some people to practice communism with.

Helertia wrote:
Vojvodina-Nihon wrote:Why do people feed the trolls?

it's the closest thing NSG has to ducks

Person 1 wrote:
Person A wrote:I would have the power to shapeshit.

Thats got to be one of the funniest typos on this site OR one of the most creative yet disturbing replys to any question that I've ever seen.

Don't forget the zombies! And remember, guys that sparkle are NOT into girls.

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Postby Zombodice » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Ryly is found walking through the "upper" part of the town. Slowly descending to the "peasant" living space. Of course two of his highly respected body guards are with him every second. Peasants found Ryly to be a very caring ruler. He would never think better of himself because of his status. His thought that the people should have some say in the government when it comes to small tasks, such as new buildings, security, food rations, and research. The people had no say in what the military's actions were.

As he reached the main market of Nambo Brutis, he heard a delightful tune. He walked over to a crowd that seemed to be surrounding the noise. The crowd looked at Ryly and cleared a path for him. Ryly walked to the center of the crowd and saw a young boy, most likely 16 at the most. When the boy noticed Ryly, he stopped instantly and stared. Ryly looked at the boy and took the instrument out of his hand.

"What is this?"

"Its a lute sir."

"Very beautiful sound. Why haven't I heard this before?"

"I don't know sir. Only skilled people may use it."

"I see. May I have my engineers work on it?"

"Uh, I don't think I can let you do that my lord. Its from my father. I don't want it to be broken."

"Don't worry son. It won't be scratched when you have it back. I promise."

"But my lord, its the only thing that allows me to eat."

"Ah, I see. Well, I will allow you to stay in a villa outside of town for the time being. When we are finished, we will pay you for your services. Deal?"

The boy smiled and said back ,"Deal."
Last edited by Zombodice on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Zombodice wrote:Ryly walks into a open archery range, he sees men drilling, boys practicing, and hunters training for another hunt. After walking to a room away from the public, he sees a crowd of generals including Marcus.

"Ah! There he is. Finally! We may begin," announced a short stubby man.

Ryly turns to General Urania.

"What is the meaning of this?" questioned Ryly.

"Its his new invention."

"What is so special about it? There are many new inventions everyday in this very town alone."

"But this one is a very important."

"I am glad you are all here. I am Edward Gun. I would like to show you a very important invention that will most likely change history and the way of war forever. Here I show something I call a "Single Shot- Flying Projectile. I like to call it "Gun" for short.

"Like this would work." mumbled a couple of generals.

Edward grabbed the long carved barrel and aimed it at a piece of metal.

Boom!

The bullet tore through the metal sheet with ease.

"Any questions?"

The crowd applauded.

OOC: No.
Current RP projects:

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Postby Zombodice » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:33 pm

The crowds of the Colosseum roar. Thousands of people crowd the stands. Hundreds more crowd outside. At the start of each month the Colosseum opens up to the public for 3 days. The first day is music and theater. The second day contains battle reenactments from previous campaigns plus the execution of many murderers. The crowds choose the punishment. The popular choice is having the prisoner mauled by Wolfs. And finally, the gladiator fights. Pinning man v.s man thrills the audience. Ryly takes great pride in the battle reenactments. It gives him the pride of seeing the battles he commanded without being in them again.
Last edited by Zombodice on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:37 pm

Zombodice wrote:
Mereshka wrote:
Zombodice wrote:Ryly walks into a open archery range, he sees men drilling, boys practicing, and hunters training for another hunt. After walking to a room away from the public, he sees a crowd of generals including Marcus.

"Its his new invention."

"What is so special about it? There are many new inventions everyday in this very town alone."

"I am glad you are all here. I am Edward Gun. I would like to show you a very important invention that will most likely change history and the way of war forever. Here I show something I call a "Single Shot- Flying Projectile. I like to call it "Gun" for short.

Boom!

"Any questions?"

The crowd applauded.

OOC: Why not? :(

OOC: First off, it's a complete asspull. Inventions are not made that simple. Guns didn't arise till a decent while after gunpowder, and no mention was made before this of gunpowder. Secondly, I want this kept medieval or earlier. The only person with any form of firearms, I allowed only because he made the map, and even then I had him set his nation back a few centuries.

EDIT: That, and early firearms don't work that way. An early bullet would not pierce armour, as you seem to imply. In fact, armourers would often proof their work by shooting it with a firearm. If the bullet pierced, they started over.
Last edited by Mereshka on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current RP projects:

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Postby Zombodice » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Attention young women, rich or poor. There will be a grand ball one week from today. All are invited to a royal ball. Dresses are will be provided three days before the ball, to those who have none. Contact your local silk merchant located near the palace. Please make sure they do have the official seal so you can know that they are who they say they are. The fee will be a very cheap 5 Denarii.

Sighed,
Lord Ryly Bruti

OOC: That means any country may send their ladies. Please complete this form. Remember, it doesn't mean all will be approved.

Name:
Mother's name:
Bio:
Last edited by Zombodice on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Zombodice wrote:
Mereshka wrote:
Zombodice wrote:
Mereshka wrote:

"Its his new invention."

Boom!

"Any questions?"

The crowd applauded.

OOC: Why not? :(

OOC: First off, it's a complete asspull. Inventions are not made that simple. Guns didn't arise till a decent while after gunpowder, and no mention was made before this of gunpowder. Secondly, I want this kept medieval or earlier. The only person with any form of firearms, I allowed only because he made the map, and even then I had him set his nation back a few centuries.

OOC: I see... Well, there goes my post. Oh well. WE should delete out posts eh?

OOC: Yes, we should. And sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, I'm just a little irritated at the momet.
Current RP projects:

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:02 am

OOC: there is an OOC: thread keep it there guys :) and yes i have Guns because they fit in with my Race very primitive but inventive the best weapon being my gun spear which works best as an extreme short range shot gun. Other than that i have very early forms of flintlock rifles. ANY WHO TO THE IC:

IC:

Thule Shivered as he wrapped the Scarf over his Face Leaving only his eyes open to the Tundra. "god Dammit i cant see a thing out here!"

"Sir!"

"what is it!" Thule was rather irritated at the Harsh Cold Weather, being used to the Hot Desert it was a huge Shock to his system.

"Village Sir! its burning!"

Thule Looked in the direction of the voice and headed for it, slowly but surely through the snow he saw the man pointing to the Village. "good work Dean" he turned "FIRST SQUAD! FALL IN ON MY VOICE"

Eventually his Squad Fell in 12 men all armed with Flintlock Rifles Frozen to the core by the Freezing conditions. Thule Could only sympathise with his men, they where used to Working in the Deserts and Jungles in the Far South of Axonia.

"Ok where going to Head down there" he pointed to the burning Village " The Weather seems to be letting up so we will get a quick look then head back to camp. Got me ?"

His Squad Nodded and literally jumped down the ledge in an attempt to get some shelter form the bitter winds. They got closer and closer, the Screams of women could be heard over the crackles of the roaring flames. Thule could here the whispers of his men behind him as they drew closer. They heard the Laughter of Maniacs burning huts and Killing men.

Thule Ducked as did the rest of his squad they saw Several Large Looking Barbarians wielding rather Blunt Axes and other weaponry Chase after a Man who had some how escaped. Thule had to act Quickly the Crack of his Rifle may alert others, but he was bound as a knight of the realm to save a Life in danger.

"Rogers take the one on the left Harris you the one on the right ill take the middle, Show me that your my chosen men."

With that Thule Aimed his rifle at the Torso of the Lead Barbarian slowly squeezing the trigger his Rifle fired Sending a Rather Small 2 inch long Slither of Iron Hurtling towards the Lead Barbarian chasing the man. Split second later 2 more cracks could be herd as Harris and Rogers fired off there Rounds At the Backs of the Barbarians aiming for there torso's also. Thule Speculating that the shots had been herd Immediately Started the lengthy process of reloading his rifle.
Last edited by Of The Arch ilands on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Smoke rose from the land of the dark lord. Crumbling rocks and harsh conditions spotted the lands, the sky's were always red with black clouds There stood a massive dark fortresses where lava freely flowed like a mote around it. The savage valleys were filled with hordes of marauding Goblins and rampaging barbaric tribes. All were bent to his dark will. Lord Kash now sat on his black throne looking across his harsh land. A goblin crawled to his feet. " My lord..." The green creature yelped, exposing sharp teeth. " What is thy bidding..." He shifted in his throne. " Gather me a force, we will outstretch our hand to the unknown." The goblin bowed his head " How many shall I marshal for this expedition my lord?" He didn't look lord Kash in the face. seventy strong, fifty of your green kind and twenty men, the cyclops will slow you down, do not bring them." The Goblin hobbled off " Yes master, I will gather said force at once and have them before your feet by sundown. " Do not fail me...." The small green creature hurried off, knowing what would happen if failure became an option.
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:58 pm

"Roast is done!" Kaka cried out as he spun the stick one final time.

Blood, still 100 riders strong, had camped itself outside a small coastel town in the North; Byolk, the locals called it. It was a shabby place, and from a distance they could see the smoke rising from whatever fires they had. Inevitably, they would be able to see theirs too. Yet, at the moment none of the riders seemed to care that much. A successful hunt had just netted them plenty of veal, and they planned on enjoying it all.

The camp was set up in a circle in a clearing, with five large pits each cooking a nice deer. Kaka was just pulling the spit up and off from one side, with his Herdsmen Nonak on the other end. He was a bulky fellow, and his horse looked more like a goat then a solid stalion. Yet he did know how to fight,and could show years worth of scars to prove it.

All around, the same air spread as the warriors took chunks from the hot flesh and bit it, liquid fat ozzing out. The various raiders, still dressed for battle, began to cluster toghther and share the stories of their tribes and battles. It was a custom, of brotherhood bonding.

"So, the Flow just waves his rattle a bit and starts shifting, like a cloud." Kaka convaied the tail of his first battle, acting it all out with extreme pomp. " Then, out of nowhere a great Windwyrm rises, bringing a storm with each beat of his white wings. The volly was cast away, and we were all saved. I, sadly, took a solid rock blow to the skull and," he laughed heartly at his own stupity. "Fell asleep. Diden't know we'de won tell later."

'Wait," the beat of... something echoed through the air. "Fellows," Ve, one of the more cultural among them shouted. " Someone is coming with arms."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents