NATION

PASSWORD

A Land Divided, Ripe for the Plucking (Open, IC thread)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Mereshka
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

A Land Divided, Ripe for the Plucking (Open, IC thread)

Postby Mereshka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 pm

OOC: Still open, just sign up first. Sign-ups/OOC right here

This is a small continent, not that the people themselves are fully aware of that. For it’s size though, it is remarkably fractured, divided up amongst a large variety of peoples and races, lands ranging from Duchies to Kingdoms to Empires, most of them not particuarly interested in the others.

Oh, for certain there are certain countries that stood out as unusual, such as the sleeping giant of Darian, more interested in trade than in conquest, the small area on the coast known only as the Land of the Dark Lord. And there is the wastes of the North, home to a people who were savage of necesity, as nothing soft survived in those icy wastelands. With a lack of fertile ground or natural resources, these Northerners have become fierce raiders, small parties of men ravaging the softer southern lands for food and equipment.

They were not however, to the relief of every southern man, a unified force. They consisted of a wide number of tribes that were constantly fighting over the scant resources, or the rights to certain lands deemed holy by the tribe Shamans. Never had these wild men been able to come together in more numbers than a tribe or a raiding part. At least, that’s what was generally assumed...

However, an event so rare as to be unheard of is now happening. Deep in the Northern wasteland, there was a gathering of the various tribes great and small. They had been called together as only these savages can, by brute force and skill. We killed our way through the best of their warriors before the Shamans and Chieftans agreed to hear what we had to say, but once we gathered them together they listened intently and with great interest to our Leader as he explained the Emperor’s plan to these people. Strange, that we can trust them so, yet they were quick enough to swear fealty once they learned we would lead them in a true war against the “southern weaklings” as they call the other lands, and they seem to have a strange honour about them.
-Mokoto’s Journal, dated three months past

I should be awed, Aeryn thought to himself in a vauge sort of way, I can't recall seeing anything so grand as this city, this Onhde, yet it seems so...simple. And it was the truth. From what he had been told by Grensen, the old herbalist who had seen fit to teach him of the realm, that Ohnde was the largest city in Darian, perhaps even in the world. Yet somehow Aeryn knew that it was nowhere near the largest, nor the grandest, something the old man had also claimed. It seemed to him that he had seen cities more beautiful, though he could not quite imagine a city filled with more magnificince than this, with it's manors and palaces made of gleaming marble with their towering spires, or the inns so fancy he doubted he could afford to stay even a single night.

And yet somehow, the all almost seemed to bore him. It seemed to him that the streets were too narrow, the cobblestones too plain, and there seemed a sever lack of...something. Trees, he thought, hardly acknowledging the passing thought, There should be trees lining the streets, and public gardens at the corners. Yes, that seemed right, though the idea at the same time seemed absurd.

Aeryn sighed and shook his head, turning into the section of the city where the lower classes resided. There were no manors or palaces here, though the shops and homes all seemed well built and clean, and if the people were a bit plainer as well, they still seemed happy and well off, with nary a gaunt face or frayed cuff in sight. He finally spotted a respectable inn that seemed more within his price range, named the Wanderer's Place, and headed at a decent pace towards it, more or less ignoring the strange looks people gave him for his obviously foreign attire and sword, not to mention his...unusual hair colour.
Last edited by Mereshka on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Current RP projects:

The World. Currenlty my main project, an offsite RP forum.
Death Company. Possibly on hold, once I make up my mind.

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:45 pm

"And what of our neighbors?" A man sitting in a grand throne asked his gathered advisors. Clearly Sylvonia's king, the old man had an air of calm yet absolute authority. He did not, however, display any signs of a flared temper. Then again, he had no reason to as of late.

A man on the king's right hand side cleared his throat and continued. "Nothing but good news, Sir. They have all been either quiet or asking for more trade. I've looked over some of the reports for the mines up north, and they're all saying the same thing; more people being hired to meet growing demand."

"Excellent!" Tobias smiled and looked at a wiry man just to his left. "And the young man who suddenly vanished? Any word on when we'll get our mage back?"

The man shook his head. "Sorry, Sir, but no. We have tracking teams working on it, but he is excellent at concealing himself."

The king merely nodded. "Then you are all dismissed." He waved a hand, not to show their unimportance, but to signal the guards to open the doors and break the seal that kept this meeting private.

Meanwhile to the east
The man in question had done everything from hike to hitchhike a ride to Darian's capitol city. Despite it's prosperity and glory, he much preferred the cities of home. No town was complete without a garden at it's center. At least one man kept watch over it at all times, watering, pruning, and just generally tending to the care of the plants. It was a bit of an obsession with Sylvonians really. "What a depressing place this is." he barely had time to mumble when someone behind him shrieked. "What now?" He groaned, turning to watch.

A man, roughly twice Pierre's size, was running toward him, a small bag in his grasp and a nervous look on his face. "I detest thieves." Pierre grumbled while pulling on a white glove. He reached out and grabbed the bag from the nervous thief. The larger man saw what was happening too late, but swung his ham-sized fist at the foreigner anyway. Pierre grinned as the bag passed through the thief's hands, twisted around to avoid the punch, and rolled into the crowd.

Standing up a few feet away, he glanced at his glove. The symbols on the palm had vanished, and the ones on it's back were glowing faintly. The first set had allowed him to take back the bag, the second were casting a glamour, hiding him from the thief. It didn't help his breathing though, all this energy used, and on an empty stomach none the less, just to get a stranger's coins back. He found the frantic woman just a few minutes later, and handed her the bag, slipping back into the crowd, trusting his glamour to hide him just until he really could slip into the crowd and be unnoticed.
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm not convinced that an individual can be a communist. Oh, an individual might tout the benefits of communism both real and imagined, but to actually practice communism, he really needs some people to practice communism with.

Helertia wrote:
Vojvodina-Nihon wrote:Why do people feed the trolls?

it's the closest thing NSG has to ducks

Person 1 wrote:
Person A wrote:I would have the power to shapeshit.

Thats got to be one of the funniest typos on this site OR one of the most creative yet disturbing replys to any question that I've ever seen.

Don't forget the zombies! And remember, guys that sparkle are NOT into girls.

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Aeryn started when he heard the woman shriek, and then watched with a certain sense of morbid curiousity as the man (whom he quickly surmised to be what Grensen called "mages") smoothly grabbed the purse from his hands and seemingly dissapeared. Aeryn noticed his eyes, searching for the man. "How in the world did he do that?" He asked himself under his breath, still not quite grasping the concept of this "magic" thing. Distracted from the nearby inn, Aeryn pushed his way into the crowd, side-stepping the large man, who was still bellowing.

He made his way through the throngs of people slowly, searching, not for what he wasn't quite sure, yet he-and there it was! A certain undefinable something, something he couldn't quite pinpoint, yet he knew that at that moment he was walking beside the strange man. "That was quite the trick you pulled back there." Aeryn said, not bothering (perhaps foolishly) to keep his mouth shut in such a crowd. He looked straight ahead, not even glancing at the seemingly empty spot he knew held the mage. "Though it seems to me, a rather dangerous one."
Current RP projects:

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:14 pm

Pierre adjusted his glamour slightly, and nobody noticed a wrinkly old man seeming appearing from thin air. "Why I'm not sure what you're talking about." he said, his voice similar, but not quite like the tenor he was used to. "Was there something going on that I missed?" Pierre glanced at the young man whose hair now matched his own.

Not even a block away and someone's already figured me out. What kind of dumb luck is that?! He said, still trying to figure out how the strange fellow managed it. He frowned however when his still empty stomach gave a growl that simply couldn't be hidden. "I wonder if the wife has lunch ready." He tried to play the part of the absentminded old fool, and felt as if he were failing miserably.
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm not convinced that an individual can be a communist. Oh, an individual might tout the benefits of communism both real and imagined, but to actually practice communism, he really needs some people to practice communism with.

Helertia wrote:

Person 1 wrote:

Thats got to be one of the funniest typos on this site OR one of the most creative yet disturbing replys to any question that I've ever seen.

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Sylvonia wrote:Pierre adjusted his glamour slightly, and nobody noticed a wrinkly old man seeming appearing from thin air. "Why I'm not sure what you're talking about." he said, his voice similar, but not quite like the tenor he was used to. "Was there something going on that I missed?" Pierre glanced at the young man whose hair now matched his own.

Not even a block away and someone's already figured me out. What kind of dumb luck is that?! He said, still trying to figure out how the strange fellow managed it. He frowned however when his still empty stomach gave a growl that simply couldn't be hidden. "I wonder if the wife has lunch ready." He tried to play the part of the absentminded old fool, and felt as if he were failing miserably.

Aeryn smiled softly. "You play the part of a bumbling old fool particuarly sloppily." He told the seemingly old man with a slight shake of his head. "A truly old man would not walk so straight or tall as you, nor would he be likely to be wandering about alone." Though, to be fair, Aeryn wasn't quite sure if that was correct. It was more instinctual than anything else, and very well could be some lingering remnant of his homeland, though it seemed a safe enough bet. "And even were you a markedly better actor, an old man materializing out of nowhere is no less suspicious than a youngster dissapearing."

He finally looked over, and offered his hand as they walked. "But...you seem very...interesting. Since I would guess that you do not in actuality have a wife to prepare dinner for you, and you seem hungry, may I invite you to dine with me? I spotted an inn a little ways back there, and I have enough coin for two warm meals, and maybe even a room if you're in need. Make your deciscion quickly however, as that rather inexperienced theif seems to be making his way closer to us." He nodded his chin behind the pair at the large would-be-pick-pcoket, who was indeed shoving and kicking his way through the crows rather roughly.
Current RP projects:

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Pierre clamped his mouth shut. "You know, that trick was supposed to hide me from everyone, yourself included. I'll need to work on that. But a good lunch would be nice." His glamour shimmered slightly, revealing his actual self for a mere blink of an eye before a slightly more convincing old man took his place. "Better?"

I can't decide if I hate this guy or think he's brilliant. Pierre groaned in his head. "As for that lump of muscle, if he tries anything more than what he's done already, I'm not all that afraid of showing him a thing or too." He brandished a cane that hadn't been there until he needed it, as if meaning to be threatening. The effect was much more humorous than terrifying though.

Helertia wrote:

Person 1 wrote:

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 pm

The odd, pale haired young man nodded, before abruptly turning on his heel and walking slowly back in the direction of the inn, slowly so as to allow the young man in old form keep up. Disguised as the man was, and armed with a sword as Aeryn was, they managed to walk right past the large theif without even a third glance in their direction, the second being for Aeryn's strange appearance. That skill would be useful... Aeryn mused to himself as he glanced out the corner of his eye at the figured walking beside him. I can only imagine the possibilities...

Aeryn led his newfound companion up to the door of the inn, and strode right in without even a knock. He was confident if nothing else, for he greeted the rather rotund inkeeper with an easy smile, ignoring the man's startled glance. "Go ahead and have a seat now," The man told the pair, "and one of the girls will be right with you." He said, nodding to the various serving wenches about the room. Aeryn simply nodded, and sat at a table in the corner.
Current RP projects:

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Pierre did indeed follow Aeryn into the inn, amazed that the psycho didn't bother to do more than a double take at his new company. Slowly sitting comfortably, he glanced at his glove. The sign was nearly gone, and he'd be revealed if he didn't do something about it quick. But exactly what could be done that would be unnoticeable was a question for the ages. "I suppose we should start with introductions." Pierre said, smiling just slightly. He set the cane down by the table, and it quickly vanished. "I'm called Pierre Leroy. And yourself?"

Helertia wrote:

Person 1 wrote:

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 pm

"I am called Aeryn." He told Pierre, a slight smile on his lips. 'Aeryn' was derived from a rather obscure Dalrian dialect, meaning 'nameless'. He was in effect telling the mage that he had no name, which was fitting as the first question he'd asked upon awakening, still healing from stitched up and staunched wounds, was "What is my name?" Just then, they were interrupted by one of the serving girls, who smiled cheerfully at the rather handsome Aeryn as she told them of prices.

"The cook has cooked up a haunch of ox this evenin' good sirs," She told the pair. "For only five coppers a piece, you can get a cut from that, some good brown bread and a pitcher of ale as well, or a bottle of wine for a copper extra. And if you two will be staying the night, that's two more coppers a piece." Aeryn nodded thankfully, nand ordered two meals with the ale. "We'll discuss rooms later." He promised her, and he turned back to Pierre as she left to take the order to the cook.
Current RP projects:

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:04 pm

"Should be a good meal." Pierre said, letting little things slip from his glamour. Something nobody would notice if they weren't paying very close attention. Moles vanished, wrinkles lessened, and his back even straightened considerably. For all appearances, he was aging in reverse. Yet all the little details both lessened the load on his magic and his focus. "So what brings you to these parts?" He asked the man. "Something tells me you're not a sightseer."

Helertia wrote:

Person 1 wrote:

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:17 am

The Towering Marble Spires of Illania where something to marvel at. Rising a good 500+ meters each from the Cliffed city, They seemed to gleam Magesticly in the sun. Illania was more of a Fortress than a City never the less it was still Extremely impressive. The Axon Where Elegant Architects and excellent Farmers.

They had to be the Deserts where a cruel place to live, and it was a wonder how people managed to make a prosperous nation out of it. Never the Less The Capitol City of Illania was the centre of it all.

Emperor Alexie Drake Looked down from his balcony at his subjects going about there daily business's. Shouts rose up to him of traders trying to sell off there delicate wares. flanking him where Two Rather Heavily armoured knights. there Armours encsribed and masterfully crafted from the Finest Steel the Empire had to offer. They Brandished massive Spears very complex looking to say the least. They where infact a hybrid and unique to the Island Known as Gunspears they Could fire off several Buckshot rounds into the enemy before they even got close.

Drake Took a rather Large Breath of air before sighing happily. From any one looking at there most gracious Emperor they would see a second man suddenly step forth next to him. A rather thin man wearing rather Marvellous purple robes.

"I have news me lord..." Malatek Spoke

"what have you got for me?"

"The Rocks have told us the Tribes are gathering"

"what!" Drake turned to malatek a rather surprised look on his face "That cant possibly be true."

"The Rocks do not lie me lord the earth is just and true and and our Mages who whisper to it sense no disturbances in the With in the cracks"

"This is grave news Malatek, do the other nations know..."

"i am not sure me lord"

Drake Sighed heavily. Although the Barbarians where over the Other side of the island they still posed a rather Massive threat to any one. The Tribes had only ever united once in the known history, they burned and pillaged everything. not even the the Illanian Guards and there gun spears stopped them. "we will wait malatek wait for them to make the first move."

Malatek bowed before vanishing in a puff of white smoke.

Drake rolled his eyes there weren't many Actual Mages with in Illania. Mostly Elemental s of the earth and wind Persuasion. Malatek was of a rare breed with in Illania and a rather Skilled one at that.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Autesia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Autesia » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:17 am

Laythe gulped down the last sip of his drink and, thanking the barman, returned to his seat in the corner of the Wanderer's Place, where Grywwy was watching over their bags and instruments.
"The establishment is positively bustling" the little Potold said, in his high, nasal voice.
"Easy pickings, my friend, easy pickings," Laythe replied with a smile, picking up his harp, "care to accompany?"
In answer, Grywwy lifted his flute and the pair began to play, the rich, woody notes of the flute mixing with the haunting chords of Laythe's harp, and the lilting tones of his voice. The song was a favourite, of the pair's own composition, and told the tale of a mysterious hero who overcame great difficulties to save the world and win the damsel. In short, what Laythe called, "the usual drivel". But the music, what the young harper believed was far more important, was quite beautiful, and often punctuated by the clink of coins landing in a wooden bowl.

The scratching of the Royal Quill ceased abruptly as King Thrys signed his name at the base of the parchment. There was a slight hiss as the royal seal was dipped in scarlet wax, and a dull thump as it was pressed onto the page.
The King handed the parchment to his lawyer, chief advisor and court wizard, Merwyyn.
"You think the Sylvonians will accept an alliance?" He asked the old wizard.
"I don't see why not," came the reply in Merwyyn's dry, rustling voice, "they have shown in the past much enthusiasm for diplomacy, I'm certain that an alliance will be easy to come by, ad well as mutually beneficial. They simply can't produce the same things as we can," he explained, "the quantities of slate and tin that will be made availablet to them are not to be sniffed at, and in exchange we gain a great deal of protection, in both millitary and geographical terms, as well as a very lucrative source of trade," he went on. The King was far from politically inept, but he had not long been on the throne, and it did not suit him well, as the new grey hairs and woory lines attested. There was no doubt in the court that Merwyyn was the eminence gris in Montour, and without him the King would be lost.
"Very well," Thrys sighed, have it sent off immediately.
Last edited by Autesia on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Important Government figures (MT):
King: Malcier IV
Heir Apparent: Prince Kayle
Prime Minister: Pieter Marcyr
Foreign Minister: Charlotte Helyvyr
Chancellor: Malcolm Griehn
Grand Master of the Order of the Just Sword (Autesian Armed Forces): Granth Malechyr
Grand Master of the Order of the Level Hand (Autesian police force): Kherys Paenderhar
Grand Master of the Order of the Mindful Eye (Autesian Secret Services): Gaulan Cheffre

Map:

Johz
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Johz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Alan scratched quickly at the stone in the wall. He and his assistant - not that the small boy who trails around behind of constantly ever actually does any work, in fact in reality all he ever does was get in the damn way but never mind it's not his fault that he has no parents even though the same thing happened to me and I never did that - had broken into small stone wine cellar with relative ease, and now Alan was trying to pull out the plaster that had been used to cement the stone wall together. He grinned as a small crack appeared, and widened, while all the while he worked at it with his blade.
"See, that wouldn't have been possible with a new knife," He said to no-one in particular. "I know Leona can have her fancy shmancy dagger, but would that be able to do this? I don't think so."
With that he cleared the last bit of dirt away, and levered the stone out of position. Behind it lay the pantry, and it's glorious richness in food.
Alan was too big to fit through the gap, so he sent the small boy - Pete, did he say his name was? - and waited cautiously.
At this time in the day, the wine cellar was not particularly used, but, just in case, he waited in the shadows with his knives out.
He'd never actually had to use his knives to kill someone, although the sharp point of one of them hidden in his sly hand had helped him win many street fights. He wondered idly whether he'd ever need to kill someone, and, if he had to, whether he'd be able to do it. Sure the boys bragged, all day long, about who and what they had brought down, but who ever did that?
The boy came back - yes he was called Pete - carrying a large chicken. They put the stone back and started to leave the cellar, quietly, when suddenly Alan stopped.
He sniffed the air, and turned around.
"What's that?"
"What?" His small boy asked.
"There's a smell. Can't you smell it?"
"No." The small boy sniffed quietly.
"Get back. Hurry now."
The boy escaped quickly from the cellar. Alan had no doubts that he could make it. All the people in the Urchins were hardened street kids - although the street has a habit of hardening people as soon as the step onto it, and many of the children were too young to be roaming the streets - and this boy was fairly light on his toes.
Alan, meanwhile, turned back to the smell. It seemed to be leaking from above, a faint sizzle, as something burnt away. Alan knew what it was - magic - although he couldn't tell what it was doing. He could feel his brain working. Magic. And someone who could use magic, well, he could teach magic, couldn't he? It stood to reason. Levering the block out again, Alan tried to get through. It was no good. Quickly, he set about removing another block, conscious all the while that someone could come and see. But to hell with caution. To hell with being caught. There was magic to play with.

He got up - somehow - without being caught. Following his nose, he made it to the kitchen. He wouldn't be able to get past the cooks, no way, but....
He idly contemplated trying to masquerade as one of them. He was about the right size, and the kitchen looked fairly busy. But no, it would be impossible. Another dream defered, he climbed back down the cellar. He carefully put the stones back up, and crept away, saddened. Magic was a thing to lift people like him off the streets. Why, then, was it only ever given to those with no heart for the poor?
Always Ready (With a Cuppa): UDL
Praise [violet] for safe switching!

The Village of Johz - (Factbook)
Head of Foreign Affairs:
Mr Newman
Head of the Flower Rota: Mrs Figgis
Population: 269 (Johzians)
Sometime between when the "evolution is just a theory" nonesense dies out, and when Ashmoria starts using captitalization. - EnragedMaldivians
It's called a tangent. It tends to happen on NSG. - Olthar
[E]very Brit I've met on the internet has been violently apathetic. - Conserative Morality
This is Johz. I'd like to give him a hug someday. - Celly
See a mistake? Send me a telegram!|I would be very much indebted to you.
LINKS: My Website|Barryman|Gay Marriage: Who will be next?

#NSG on esper.net - Join us!
Also, bonobos zygons.

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 13, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zombodice » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Ryly sat impatiently at his golden thrown. He sent a army north of Zombodice to control a small providence that was not under rule of any "major" powers. The take over shouldn't of taken more than 5 months, but then again, his officers have been letting him down lately.

"Pegas... call my wine boy, I'm getting thirsty," said Ryly.

"Right away my lord," obeyed Pegas.

"You did say General Marcus is in Mars...right Pegas?"

"Of course sir, he said he will be with you shortly."

"Well...I can't continue to wait anymore. I have a meeting to attend to. Right after my wine of course."

The doors down the grand hall open with a bang. General Marcus comes in with a excited expression. Not much gets General Marcus excited, unless the task rewarded him...greatly.

"What is the reason of your tardiness Marcus? It shouldn't take so damn long to take that region. The forces were gone, it should of been easier than that."

"Please forgive my late intrusion my lord, but it appears the region was full of resources for our picking. The resources haven't been touched. I guess those filthy barbarians had some worth other than being slaves."

Ryly's disappointment vanished as his thoughts of more gold in his treasury consumed him.

"Well, I wish you would of told me sooner, I would of thanked you properly."

Just then the small wine boy that Ryly called for arrived with a jug of wine.

"Ah thank you son," smiled Ryly. "Perfect timing."

The boy grinned nodded his head and left the hall.
Ryly poured the wine into the cups provided and handed one to Marcus.

"For the empire!" cheered Marcus.

"For the empire." said Ryly in a lower tone than Marcus.

Ryly then took a sip of the wine and set it down on the table next to the thrown.

"As a friend, I would like to ask you a personal question," said Marcus

"If anything I owe you, it's a answer," replied Ryly.

"How come you haven't got married? What if you are gone? I mean you are young, I mean you can't just use you money and power as ways of getting women."

"Ah, but I can Marcus." joked Ryly. "But, you are right. I do need somebody to love. I just haven't really thought about a wife."

"I do know some women that are from some powerful families here in Mars. Maybe I could introduce you."

"It is okay Marcus, I prefer to do it my way."

"If you say so," said Marcus with a chuckle.
------KILROY WAS HERE------
__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__
---UUU------()------UUU---

TURGOV
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TURGOV » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Petrov slowly trudged through a deep pine forest. The sweet smell of damp leaves as well as the freshness that is always found in the wilderness was pleasing to him. He did not remember why he was in the forest, or how he had come to be here but he trusted that there was some reason. He crested a hilltop and stared down at a small peasant shack. Peaceful smoke drifted out of the chimney and he inhaled deeply, perhaps the peasant would know of something important.

He wearily trudged down the hill, snapping brittle branches with his heavy footfalls, he slowly pushed open the door to the small home and saw across the room from him a sleeping old man. Petrov stood, rooted to the spot as he battled his alter ego over the man's fate. The icy cold voice of his alter ego sounded loud in his inner ear.

"Kill him, we are hungry and need something to eat."
"No, he's just an old man I'm sure he'd give us some bread if we woke him."
"NO NO, kill... KILL."
"No! Stop it, always making me kill people, i don't want to! NO! Don't hurt me, ok OK."

Petrov had to obey, the pain his alter ego could cause him made him little more than a puppet.Silently he crept over and stood above the sleeping man. His puppeteer raised his arm and plunged the short blade he had with him into the sleeping man's back. The dark crimson stain gradually grew until the man's shirt was wet with blood.

He awoke, untold hours later. The old man was gone, or at least mostly gone. His body had obvious bite marks on it and portions of him were simply gone almost as if eaten. Petrov fell backwards in horror, knowing instantly what he had done. He passed into a deep fear induced sleep.

He awoke in a strange city, signs of travel covered his freshly dusts stained clothes and it seemed his alter ego had brought him to this place. He gazed about him in wonder at the tall spires and dimly thought, "Hell this place must be important."
17:27-Ozymos-IN DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY GAELIC SPEED METAL FOLK BLUES ROCK FLUTE MUSIC WITH CELTS. AND KILTS. AND CELTS IN KILTS. IN CANTEENAS

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 pm

The king sat, reading over the letter that he had received from Autesia. "Slate and tin, plus opening trade routes." He said, more to himself than his trio of foreign advisors.

"If I may, Sir." The first one said. The king nodded. "The tin would be very useful, especially to the public, and we have soldiers to spare. In addition to that, we may request that our military forces share information, something that will better protect the both of us."

"You bring up a very good point there." He said, sighing. "And what of you two?"

"I agree with Marius. Also, I am sure your constituents would also appreciate being able to trade for better goods than they could produce as well.".

"I disagree." The third said. "While the civilians may find a use for tin and slate, we as their protectors, owe it to them to keep our forces at home, where we can better defend them."

"While true, you were the one that told me the world was quiet." He said to the third. "Well I have made my mind. Marius, will you be so kind as to pen a letter for me to sign? I would like to accept their offer on the condition that they will be willing to inform us if they hear of anything that could bring us harm."

Helertia wrote:

Person 1 wrote:

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Postby Zombodice » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:49 pm

The great nation of Zombodice would like to update the current map, as ordered by Emperor Ryly. All maps will be available at markets and taverns everywhere.

__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Postby Zombodice » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Ryly sat at his provided chair in the council building, Ryly dose off as he heard senators and governors discuss what to do to increase profit. Ryly was never directly involved unless it required his approval.
Today in particular, the republic is deciding who to give the newly captured settlement.

"I do believe that we should give Jervovia to Tintus Ninus. He is the one that always produces record breaking profits," pointed out one governor.

"But he gains these profits by corrupting the Zombodician way," argued Ninetus Tulli.

Tintus Ninus stood up and yelled, "Everything I do is respectful to Zombodice. I can't believe you will something so horded to my honor. Bah! Just like a Tulli."

"You bastard! How dear you say something about my family! I hope you go to the deepest part of Hades!"

"Enough!" yelled Ryly. "I will not have insults in my presence! I swear to the gods I will have both of your heads if you continue to do this. We must think of the task at hand! Now, I will make Tintus Ninus as governor for the time being."

Tintus sat down in his seat with approval while Ninetus glared at him.
__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__

Mereshka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mereshka » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Sylvonia wrote:"Should be a good meal." Pierre said, letting little things slip from his glamour. Something nobody would notice if they weren't paying very close attention. Moles vanished, wrinkles lessened, and his back even straightened considerably. For all appearances, he was aging in reverse. Yet all the little details both lessened the load on his magic and his focus. "So what brings you to these parts?" He asked the man. "Something tells me you're not a sightseer."

"No, a sightseer I am not." Aeryn told him with that small smile of his, hardly a twitch of the lips. "Grand though this city may be, the sights alone are not the sole reason for my journey, relatively short though that may have been." Strange to consider a trek across the country, part of it by boat, to be short. Still, it did seem to pass remarkably quickly for the distance. Mayhaps I've made longer? "Most would probably call me more of an adventurer, though perhaps "quester" would be a mite more accurate, for indeed I had a specific goal in mind when I set out, and I tracked this goal to Ondhe."

He glanced up with a smile as the man with the harp began to play, and smiled at the irony of the words, though it did bring the cliche'edness of his situation to him. Grensen had told him any number of old stories containing just such times. "And what of you?" Aeryn asked absent-mindedly, his head still half-cocked to the musician. "How did you end up in this good city, if I may ask?" As he was asking this question, the serving girl, accomponied by one of her fellows due to there being two meals, appeared to place the food, a pitcher, and two mugs on the table before hurrying off, as the inn was beggining to crowd as more and more walked through the doors as the workday drew closer to an end.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These Northmen are as savage and bloodthirsty as the Leader promised us they would be. Once the Tribes were gathered (more men than I would have believed these frozen wastes capable of supporting), and the old blood feuds worked out (the fighting was remarkably more difficult with the Leader gone, we relied on him overmuch I think) they flooded across the southern lands, butchering all in their path, yet again not without some form of honour.

Even as they slaughtered this first town's garrissons, leaving not one soldier alive, the women and children and the old as well as certain craftsman (what is this near worship they have of weavers?) were spared. Though, of course they were not shy about stooping to rape or pillage, yet any woman so treated was given the dubious honour of being taken into the man's household and given a position of stability, if not respect.

Though, I am amazed at how weak these Southerners are. The Northerners, or the "Ritheg" as they call themselves, told us of this, yet we could hardly believe it. The Ritheg are not without their own amount of a certain low skill, yet they lack grace, preffering to rely on brute force rather than skill. They are masters of killing, not of fighting, which we must teach them is an art, not a science. However, they cut through the 'soldiers' of the garrisson as if they were but children playing with toys, so I suppose the savages have their uses, in this land that lacks any true warriors.

As it is, we can expect to see heavier fighting from now on, as the major powers will certainly take interest in the invasion. I can only hope that they provide more of a challenge than the "soldiers" we fought today.
Mokoto's Journal, Dated two days past.
Current RP projects:

Sylvonia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sylvonia » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Pierre thanked the two for the meals before continuing. "Well if an adventurer is around not to see sights, but simply travel, I guess that is me. I needed a break from the ordinary, and I found it here." He dug into the meat with a bit too much vigor for an old man. Which was fine by him as he'd let a few more wrinkles leave his face and sat up fairly straight now. "I suppose it would be polite to thank you for the meal." he said, tipping his head slightly. "So, many thanks to you." Pierre smiled, much more broadly than should have been allowed for his face, but a genuine smile none the less.

Helertia wrote:

Person 1 wrote:

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Postby Zombodice » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Ryly was sitting in his grand throne when his adviser greets him with some news.

"Sire, monks from Luna say there is a barbarian uprising in the north."

"So how does that concern us? By the time they get here, they will be withered down to a small war band that is easily taken out."

"You must understand that they gain strength as they move."

"Our superior armor and tactics will send those savages back north. Not to mention our massive amounts of troops left over from previous campaigns. Well, use them if worst comes to worst."

"I do hope you are right sire."

"I know I am. Tiknus, now I don't want to hear much more of this, until it falls into our laps."

"Yes Sire."

"Now I would like you to fetch my evening wear. I am going out to meet Lady Josifine for dinner."

"Uhh..SIre, you don't plan getting married are you?"

"Why is everyone discussing this? I will marry when ready."
__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 am

Drake Idlely wondered the bustling streets of Illania to many the City never seemed to sleep there was always something happening from a band of roving performers, to a Scuffle between to rather Drunken men over one of the many drunken issues that rose spontaneously out of no where. he chuckled to him self as he allowed his thoughts to travel. Drake Allowed his old withered eyes to take in his Grand Kingdom SandStone Houses of all shapes and Sizes Grand Marble Walls and towers his Sparking Castle cast i a rather Red Glow From the Setting sun, Villagers passed him with not a second glance. Drake looked to his plain cloths they where rather clean for a would be peasant but not enough to have people second guess who he really is.

Eventually making his way to the grand Iron gates that Protected the City he stopped in the arch looking down the Rather Steep Mountain Path to the low desert plains. He looked to the horizon the Sun was Setting the Orange Orb Barely peaking over the horizon, it was a Rather beautiful sight. the Dust from the Deserts distorting its Glow as he slowly set.

"This could possibly be the Most wondrous site in the whole land" Drake thought to him self as he sighed

"My lord..." Malatek Walked out of the shadows directly behind Drake

Jumping Drake let out a Rather elongated breath whilst closing his eyes to calm him self. "your time never sieses to amaze me Malatek"

"my apologies my lord but we have a problem...."

"what is it my old friend."

"The Barbarians sir..... The Rocks have spoken to us of the many thousands of feet Transversing them from the northern north" (the Northern north was a term used by many Axonians to tell of the Harsh Tundra Plain)

"what ... they couldn't have sorted there Differences by now!"

"hush hush my lord..... people might here you"

"we must expand out influence immediately. Forts must be built i will not Have those Savages Burn down Illania again! NOT AFTER I REBUILT IT!"

Drake had stopped caring at the people passing, many where looking at him and Malatek, but in seeing Drakes Fearful rage decided to stay away in case they lost there heads... literally.

"My lord you wim will be done"

"Stop calling me lord.... you of all people know that. you have earned your place as my friend many years ago."

Malatek nodded with a small smile "i will have the black smiths prepare for the inevitable army to be raised. how ever i have a plan to stem the Barbarian Tide, if not definitely."

OOC: love the Map of your land Zombodice :P
Last edited by Of The Arch ilands on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Postby Zombodice » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Of The Arch ilands wrote: OOC: love the Map of your land Zombodice :P

OOC: Thanks :D It was one that I did all by looking at previous Rp maps I was in. Took me about a hour.

IC:

It was a regular day for Ryly. It began like any other. Tinkus is telling Ryly of the events and problems of the day.

"Sire, it seems to be that farmers in Jerovia predict that they will have profitable crops this year and are very scared of this uprising, and they don't want to see their crops burned. They request a military garrison in the nearby towns for protection, if not just a camp near the river."

"Well...I assume constructing a fort up north should do more good than harm. I don't even see any harm in it. Granted, but if the crops are not plentiful, I will have to raise the military tax drastically up there."

"Very well. Oh! Yes. Lord Marcus would like to set up trade from Jerovia to Nix."

"Yes fine, but what is the problem then?"

"It seems that the bridge has been demolished by bandits. They have been ambushing merchants at the bridge until yesterday my lord. Lord Marcus's men have captured or killed all the bandits. He requests that we send funds to him for a new bridge. He has been short on money due to the campaign."

"Yes, yes, very well. Any more simple annoyances for the rest of the day?"

"No sire...Wait there is one..."

"Damn it Tinkus!"
__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__

Yethtu
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Kakachak stood out on the costal bluffs, with Onix beside him. A strong salty trade wind brushing along his face and casting away the dust of the feild. It had been a simple skirmish to be sure; the master lancers of Blood had cut down the sailor's milita like fall fodder, and the rest of the citizens of this Northland port town had been cowed easily. Not one of their proud people had been lost, which was abnormal for an advance force. There would be casulties, from both blade and blizzerd, but that was simply nature's way.

" Kakachak, Son of Holt and the Black Tounge," his commander apporched, still mounted atop a chestnut charger. This was Moldiv, Son of Albertrius and the Stampede, a short and solid javiliner from the Grass Sea in the east, and always had the look of a drunk in his eye. " The camp moves, and footmen are coming to secure the fort. Do you march with us."

He chanced one more breath of fresh air. " Yes," he nodded solumly as he mounted Onix. He had heard the seamen talk of another; organzied northmen attempthing to subvert the others. Nevertheless, the minor fishing villages along the coast were easy pickings, and they were soon the reach the first organized border they had heard rumored, that of the Northlands.

" For the Black Tounge, for Windhaven, for the People of the plains. I ride." He whispered his countiries oath as he rode down behind his commader, ready to bring plunder and glory to his family.
Proud owners of the State of Contonara, colonial posetion.
After a massive months long RL cival debate (and just plain refusal to post on my part) Yethtu's First Citizen Party has returned to power. Hazza and what not.
-If there ever was a God, he gave up a LONG time ago-

-Anti-Regulationists have obviously never read The Jungle. Would you like some samonilla-laced eggs with your copy?-

-Just becuse I find it distasteful, does not mean I can find it illegal-
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Zombodice
Spokesperson

Postby Zombodice » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:07 pm

"Sire! Marcus has met barbaric forces, he plans to fight them near the boarder of Zombodice!"

"What? They are here already? How did they get here so damn fast?"

"Well sire, they sent one wave towards the Slyvonia nation and one towards us. Marcus thought it was a good idea to leave two days ago without a word to stop the advancement."

"I want to call all Zombodician families into this fight. We must send our Zelim Legions to find and destroy the warlord and his army."

"Right away sire!"

The sun rises with 1000 Zelim Infantry with a 500 Zelim Legion backing them. 200 Zelim archers rush to take the hill and build fortifications to prevent a cavalry charge. After a two hour set up, the barbarian horde could be seen over the valley.

"Everyone in positions!" hollered Marcus

The barbarian horde marches closer and closer to Marcus's army. When the army was within 100 yards, the Zelim archers fired upon the barbarian infantry line. Even with their troops falling around them, they march without hesitation. This happened over and over until the barbarian horde was 10 yards in front of them.
Without warning of any kind, the barbarian army charges a couple of feet then stops and forms a spear wall. The right flank of the enemy is shot down with archers. Marcus began to gain confidence about his commanding, but he was also suspicious.

"Fall into them!"

This was the command for the infantry to pour into one area of the spear wall while keeping their wall intact. The Zelim infantry was keeping their distance as they pushed their spears into the bodies of the dirty savages. Everything was looking like a easy battle.
Just then, the barbarian horde began to retreat. Marcus couldn't of seen a easier battle if he would of fought a bunch of infants.

"Chase them down!"

The Zelim Legions charged after the fleeing army. Not being to catch up of course, but it wasn't the purpose of the charge. The Legions chased the barbarians down the valley. The barbarians did something that did catch Marcus off guard. They stopped and ducked while camouflaged archers popped out of the grass and fired upon the legions. Almost a the whole row dropped quietly among the ruckus. The second row continued to charge. Apparently, the barbarians were expecting the Zelim Legions to flee. This, they did not do. Instead they slaughtered the archers and the fleeing combatants.
The Zelim Legions chased the every single barbarian. The last barbarian was killed on the highest hill on that plain. Where stood the flag, of Zombodice.

(Picture Soon)
__∩∩∩___(° °)___∩∩∩__

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents